Finished Pants Project One
The Christmas 2015 Cryllic Streetzblog shirts made it from NY to HI today (7/27/16). The same day I completed the Seersucker Pants Project.
Above is the front of the new shirts and the right side completed pants leg.
The pants started off as $130 Suit pants on sale at Kohl’s for $50. They now have 2 overlapping layers, Black Stripes on both sides with the right side a bit more tricked out with the grey design. Also, cuffed them and took in the inseam. Quite a project!
Here is the right leg. Similar to the left leg, just missing the grey acruements.
What I call my mood board for the next project. That’s just page one, there are an additional 5 pages of other pictures and influences I plan to use. At the moment, I’m putting together the basic portion of the pants. Later on comes the fun embellishing portion. I tend to let my brain cruise. Then burst into action as I make them into something completly new!
In just one day, I cut out a pattern using an older pair of pants. I made 4 legs, only needed 2 LOL. And I have 4 flat pocket portions. Did them with paper first, pinned em’ then cut out the black linen blend. So far, this project is moving quick!
Front and back legs, All cut up and ready to sew.
Goal of the new black linen pants to be finished is Wednesday August 24, 2016. I want to wear them to the Cubs game in Chicago on Friday September 2nd. So far, so good.
See you on the Streetz!
Not Ready To Wear…Yet
My goal was to have these ready to wear on Father’s Day 2016. But, as I was reconstructing the deconstructing I added in a few additional design elements. And am not done yet. For Today, I’m just posting some pix. When they’re complete, I’ll give the story and the deets on the how to’s on the DIY. Happy Father’s Day!
Public School Update-June 2016
Public School NY/PSNY hit the runway on Tuesday June 7th with a combined Male/Female Spring 2017 RTW show. Not only did they show off their new creations, but both Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne wore the upcoming Public School x Air Jordan Low Swooshless kicks.
The low-cut sneaks have a high-end pebble leather upper, a white midsole, yellow sole and the color for the Olympics 2016-GOLD in the stitching, outsole and Nike Air Tongue Tag. No matter what they look like, I guarantee you they will sell quickly, most likely on the PSNY website later in 2016.
The Runway show had some nice mixtures of textures and colorings. Utilizing the iconic Black,White and Grey color scheme. Adding in some Forest Green and Beige. And don’t miss the new high-tops coming our way in Spring 2017.
My favorite look is this WNL mesh shirt and groovy slant grooved textured cut up trousers.
Many looks have the WNL – We Need Leaders patches and wording throughout the collection.
And some nice Electric Yellow intermixed with the black, grey, white, beige, green and just a bit of blue. And did you notice the guys in the white jumpsuits with the electric rubber yellow plumbing/dishwashing gloves whacking away at the cinder blocks? Probably some sort of message they’re sending us? Or just having some Public School Fun? Maybe shop class? What do you think?
See all the looks at here at Vogue. *All Pictures courtesy of Public School and vogue.com. I missed the show in person, was at sewing school.
Here’s a sneak peak at my latest creation. So Far, I’ve spent 21 hours, surging, pinning, cutting, inseaming, deseaming, pressing, and sewing. I hope to show the process and finished piece by June 21st. If you see it on the streetz..blog on the 21st you know they’re done, if not still working on them. Whew! *One day I will look back at some of these creations and be able to finish them in half the time or better.
See you on the Streetz..this weekend at Waikiki Beach checking out the GIANT waves!
H&M x KENZO
Earlier this week, I was thinking it was just about time to hear what the new H&M Collab would be for November 2016. And Voila! Today/Wednesday May 25, 2016, Vogue.com reports that it’s going to be KENZO x H&M for November 2016. Official Hashtag is: #KENZOxHM The Women’s and Men’s Collection of ready to wear and accessories arrive in 250 H&M stores and on-line on Thursday November 3, 2016.
Past Collabs have included:
Balmain , Alexander Wang (My Fav)-2014, Isabel Marent-2013, Marni-2012, Versace-2011, Lanvin-2010, Comme des Garcons-2008, Karl Lagerfield-2004. Also: Beyonce, David Beckham and Viktor& Rolf.
See you on the Streetz and at H&M in Waikiki on Thursday November 3rd, 2016.
Heat on the Street!
Nike Lab teams up with Balmain’s designer of the Celebs; Olivier Rousteing. This collection brings you High End Black and Gold Jackets and Pants for Men and Women. Along with 4 pairs of Football kicks. Including my favorite pair shown above. I like the Simplicity of the Style and the Gold Metallic Back Zip the best!
The whole collection is Black and Gold, Olivier’s favorite colors and the perfect Color-Way for an Olympic year!
I find it pretty amusing that most websites and bloggers are calling the shoes Football inspired. Which, YES, they are in most of the world. But even the U.S sites don’t mention that they are what people in the U.S call Soccer Kicks. I know I got in trouble 1x on YouTube for siting a movie as a Soccer movie. Almost incited an internet riot. So, they’re probably better off calling them Football compared to Soccer. And The Whole Black and Gold ensemble is entitled the “NikeLab x Olivier Rousteing: Football Nouveau” collection. I just figure, I can take the Heat on the word Soccer. I think some are gonna’ be a little confused.
But in reality, this collection will most likely be worn more at the Club then on the Pitch/Field.
This is some pretty Styling Gear. Even though the hype is only 10 days. I suspect it will fly off the net and out of the NikeLab locations.
On June 2, 2016 you can try your best to cop the Kicks and Gear Here. For now, check out the Vid starring OR himself…Hey-Where’s his A-List posse of beautiful people? Playing Football? Maybe Soccer? Probably taking a nap, getting ready for the next party. Wherever they are, it’s good to see OR in action working and the collection is Pure Fire. 🙂
Triple Five Soul, 555 Soul or as I best remember their name: Triple 5 Soul was not just a Streetwear brand but a whole urban lifestyle collab of DJ’s, Graffiti artists, Musicians, Skaters, & Break dancers. In the 90’s, Triple 5 Soul was one of the biggest and most successful Streewear brands around.
Fun Fact: The 555 Soul name comes from a then Popular telephone party line advertised and utilized in NYC. Most likely at 3 or 4am after a festive night of partying.
in 1989, Triple 5 Soul founder-Camella Ehike worked out of 151 Ludlow St. on the lower East Side of Manhattan. Ehike had a store front apartment with a sewing machine in the front and living area in the back. Like many creative’s she started making clothes she liked to wear for herself and her good friends. Between 1989 and 1996, Camella lived in her store and sewed everything. Her friends were very influential in the NYC Hip-Hop Scene and the clothes were so dope, the brand took off and demand became higher than supply.
Fun Fact: 555 Soul’s love beads were worn by early rap/house artists; The Jungle Brothers and Boogie Down Productions. BTW: Back in the day, this was 1 of the only House records we had out in Hawaii. I used to play it over and over and over on my record player at parties at my first condo in Waikiki. circa 1988-89.
Fun Fact: Fab 5 Freddy wore a Triple 5 Soul Tie Hat on MTV, which skyrocketed exposure of the store and sales. Here’s a bit of Fab 5 Freddy as host of Yo! MTV Raps.
Fun Fact: Mos Def was a friend of Ehike and the face of T5S’s first advertising campaign.
Fun Fact: Whenever Long Island’s Me Myself and I, De La Soul came to Manhattan they would stop by the shop and ask for some new clothes. Here they are performing their massive hit.
Triple 5 Soul later moved to 290 Lafayette Street, It was here that I would visit most Decembers.
Fun Fact: Banksky took over the front interior of the store. It was the 1st time anyone brought Banksky to NY. Now (2015/16) you can walk down many downtown streets and see his work everywhere. Especially in the area where the infamous Cronuts exist. I know I was there in Dec 2013 amazed at how much art he had put up around Dominique Ansel’s Bakery at 189 Spring St. Mabye Banksky knew how hard it was/is to get a taste of the elusive delicacies at least you could check out some interesting Street Art. Note: There’s also a fun looking basketball court next door to the Cronut Store. The day I was there, there was even a comp B-Ball to borrow.
Fun Fact: Graphic Designer/Skater Alyasha Owerka-Moore designed the original logo in exchange for a couple of hats!
Triple Five Soul is known for:
- What you would buy in New York in the 90’s to show you knew true Streetwear.
- Designed their own fabrics From Bohemian to Surf inspired.
- Sick Insta’ Street Cred Hoodies and luxurious Velour track suits.
- Dope Logo.
- Wool Cargo Pants.
- George W. Bush T’s
- 5 Deadly Venom shirts designed by SSUR’s Russell K.
- Graffiti pieces done up by infamous Graff artist, Stash.
- Backpacks that turned into Chairs.
- DJ Cases with Built in Wheels.
My Fun Fact: The Triple 5 Soul clothes were pretty pricey when I would visit NY, thus I owned ONE short-sleeved would be vintage now; grey T-shirt with Orange & Blue lettering. It had 3 hands on it doing some sort of sign language. I would wear it on the airplane from NY to Chicago at Christmas time. And whenever I wanted to feel like I was in the know about Streetwear in the 90’s. I remember it being very comfortable and quality made. Was one of my favorite shirts for about 4-5 years. And of course it was a Double XL-The Style of the time.
You can still find Triple 5 Soul on this website. But the most sought after items are the OG items from the 90’s. *Note: Looks like prices are the same or even less nowadays on their site. Kinda’ Wierd.
*Camille Ehike is currently running a modern bed and breakfast entitled, Breathe-Inn located in upstate New York. Contemplating a possible children’s line of clothing.
See you on the Streetz!
HOT x 3 at Dsquared2’s Runway Show
Lately, my favorite designers are PSNY, Stampd and Chapter. All 3 utilize my favorite colors black and grey and have distinguished Street x Tailored looks.
Today (January 21, 2016) I found these pictures from the Dsquared2 Milan Fall 2016 Runway Show. They take the Street x Tailored trend up a couple notches.
The look on the left utilizes the hip and happening shorts on top leggings and takes the pants to the next level with crisp, cool slacks with crazy stitching, the shorts seem to be made of a really nice fabric, and all goes well with the over-sized double jacket set and the sexy combat boots complete the multi textured combination…all black on black on black on black. Wowza!
The Middle attire adds in some punk aspects with the tartan plaid. Then totally changes the game with a bomber jacket sleeve mixed with a suit jacket body. If I were to add color to my preferences, it would be with plaids, especially this one! Interesting bottoms, with a spice of 90’s shirt wrapped around the waist complete the Street x Tailored styling. I’d wear the jacket for sure.
And on the far right, we see a similar jacket, using the bomber sleeve with a cropped black suit jacket. Not too keen on the colored vest, shirt and tie. But this jacket rocks!
Sometimes, Dsquared2 becomes a little difficult to find the exact runway pieces in-store. If I found it, I’d rock the shorts and pants on the left with the jacket in the middle.
Nice job Dsquared2!!
3 Great Looks from the Dsquared2 Milan Fall 2016 Runway Show
Go to Guide-Dover Street Market NYC
Continuing to create new episodes of content, Streetzblog is keeping in the tradition of multiples ala the Hawaii Designs and Makiki Heat Series. With the Go to Guides. These will be guides to various places throughout the world with ideas and suggestions on where to shop, eat and sleep. In that order.
We also think it would be cool if you could add in your own suggestions on the Go to Guides in the comment section. Either mention something that pertains to this area of town or give us a tip on the similar subject but in your part of the World. The more tips and suggestions the better experience it will be for the various Streetzblog visitors looking for places to see, shop, eat, play and sleep.
Today’s go to guide takes us to the #funandfabulous Dover Street Market NYC experience. As done by Scott at Streetzblog 2x. Once in 2014 and the other time in 2015, both in the month of December. BTW: Happy New Year! (1/1/16)
Streetzblog.com’s Go to Guide to Dover Street Market NYC
- Head Down 45th to Lexington, make a right, pass the Post Office. Go to Grand Central Station. Note: If your suitcase is too full of goodies from NY, stop by the Post Office on Lexington and send a large pre paid box back to your home. During the Holidays, You can even watch a bit of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer while you stand in line.
- Grand Central Station: I suggest going in to the marketplace. Here you can find the freshest Meats, Cheeses, Candies and a full-on Cornucopia of delicious delicacies. Great presents and you can take awesome photos of the freshest food around town.
Secret Time: Now this isn’t quite as fun as finding these places all over the city and going to the original venues. But if you are low on time or just like to get things done quickly. Go into Grand Central Station and you’ll find some of NY’s and the World’s best and most talked about institutions. These include the Shake Shack (Remember the Shake Shack in Central park in Sex in the City, we’ll this is is the place) The same burgers, French fries and frozen custard can be found here. Magnolia Bakery-Try the famous Red Velvet Cupcake or buy a box for the relatives you’re coming back to or going to visit, Cipriani Dolci, Diptyque, Frankie’s Dogs on the Go, Juniors Bakery (Like the cheese cake place with the long lines in Times Square, yep same place), Michael Jordan’s the Steak House NYC, the New York Transit Museum and Gallery, Oyster Bar and Restaurant-this is the place you see in all the TCM movie classics and yes! it is the oldest restaurant in all of Grand Central, Two Boots Pizzeria, Zaro’s Bakery-been around for over 75 years and still tasting as good if not better as day one!.
It took me 28 x going to NYC to find the secret to getting all you need in 1 place. And the place to go is Grand Central Station. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on seeing the town. But this is a super-duper secret if you are low on time or just want to see everything you imagine NY to be all in one simple destination.
- Step out of Grand Central Station and continue down Lexington. There’s a couple good deli’s to pick up some coffee-In NY I always order Deli Coffee extra Sweet and Light-it’s like drinking a donut with caffeine or get some fresh carrot juice along the way. And don’t worry you didn’t walk past DSM yet, its about a 15-20 minute walk to DSMNY.
- DSM: Be careful that you don’t miss DSM. You need to pay attention and turn right at 160 Lexington Ave. at 30th. Street. The area looks very residential. But yes, this is Dover Street Market. I suggest that you go to each floor and see what’s going on. Bring your camera to take pictures of the monthly art installations along with some of the best clothes you will ever see in one place. Note: Some things are a bit pricey so be prepared. The first year I bought the DSM x Converse black Hi-Tops and the 2nd year I nabbed a Patricia Field Black with white lettering Vogue in Japanese Snapback. I was very tempted to get the Commmes Des Garcons drop crotch shorts, but they were just a little too pricey for my budget on that day. Also while there, make sure you talk to the workers, they are usually very friendly and happy to help you find what you’re looking for. They are also dressed very hip and happening. Check out their looks for inspiration.
- Note: If you can’t make it to DSM in person they have a great Mail order shop entitled DSMNY E-Shop. It’s here you can purchase the limited edition items. I picked up a Jordan x DSM shirt and a sweet Commes Des Garcons x Supreme blue plaid workers jacket that I get lots of complements on. Yes, it was pricey, but very worth it!
- After shopping or Window Shopping at DSM. Go back the way you came a couple blocks and eat at Vezzo the thin crust pizza joint. It’s dark inside which always rates an A+ for me, the pizza is really good and they have a fantastic Arugula, slivered cheese, pear, and Gorgonzola salad to die for. And the serving is HUGE. Perfect after a long walk and many steps in DSM, I think there are 7 total floors at DSM and the best and most fun way to see it all is be the steps. (They do have an elevator so no need to panic).
- After you eat, you can head over to Korea town, or back track to 37th and head to Around the World magazines. That’s what I did the last time I was there. Around the World Magazines has some of if not the best Fashion magazines all in one spot. And in the back there are older editions of great titles for awesome prices along with additional fashion and graphic design oriented books. Around the World Magazines is located at 148 West 37th Just past Broadway.
- After the Magazine store, lunch and DSM my daily budget is pretty done. So I usually walk back to the Roosevelt Hotel on 45th and Madison. My favorite hotel in all of NYC. Say Hi to Alfredo if you go there. Tell him you heard about him from Scott from Hawaii on Streetzblog. I’m sure he’d be delighted to see you. If you do stay here, make sure you make it to breakfast on at least 1 of your days. They guys down there are super friendly, they have unlimited Starbucks coffee, fresh fruit, some of the best bacon in the world and it’s a pretty cool vibe with pictures of Teddy Roosevelt on the walls and great views of the streetz from the seats. The Roosevelt Hotel is located at 45th and Madison Ave. smack dab in the middle of Mid-Town.
#Balmanation=Domination on Thursday November 5, 2015
I hear a bit of a NIN riff in this vid. See if you can pick it up? I’m thinking this is gonna’ be more of a female oriented release than the Alexander Wang x H&M collection. And the gear or should I say apparel feels much more gaudy than last years AW release. Not sure yet what to get, but I will be in line for the excitement of the release. See you on the streetz near H&M in Waikiki on Thursday November 5, 2015!
Vibrant Subway Style
The Hype is heating up for the Balmain x H&M collection. The September 12 Balmain x H&M Update wasn’t too long ago, when we received a great glimpse of the Men’s collection. Now we have some of the looks shot by famed fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti. As seen on some pretty hot models/celebrities including Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Jourdan Dunn, Dudley O’Shaughnessy and Hau Yun Xiang.
When you love the Balmain world, you love the models that are part of it too. Kendall, Gigi, and Jorudan are my friends , and they are the perfect choice to star in the Balmain x H&M campaign. Olivier Rousteing, Creative Director of Balmain Paris.
The Balmain x H&M collection releases in store and on-line on Thursday November 5th. Time to start saving some $$. I’m expecting some good deals because it’s with H&M, but Balmain is typically pretty pricey designer swag. Check back with Streetzblog, We’ll continue to cover the updates and will be there in line live tweeting on November 5th. Might even try some perescoping If I’m awake enough.
See you on the Streetz!