Category Archives: Streetwear
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
Y-3 is the Only Brand You Need
Runway Show Paris Fashion Week March 2019
If I could choose only one brand it would be Y-3. It can be worn at an upscale event, brunch, a Sporting event, on the streetz or even for lounging around the crib on a Sunday afternoon. Usual colors are Black + White and even when other colors are positioned in, they tend to look pretty nice.
The clothes are always made with superior high quality. Every pair of Y-3 pants I own are sturdy, solid and clean. I can actually feel the high standard of tailorshp that goes into them, when I wear them.
Although they can run a tad big at times. I do own a piece or 2 that are a bit big. If you get a chance, try them on. Pro Tip: SSENSE tends to have the best on-line sales. And Bloomingdale’s is the place to go for selection, quantity and to try the goods on for your fit. You may need to size down 1-2 sizes dependent on the year the Y-3 clothes are from. For this show they did run a tad Big. You can also catch Y-3 on the Adidas site, where you will find a pretty decent array of clothing and All of this season’s shoes.
- Comfy Flow
- Fluid Clean
- Oversized Fun Flair Street
- Black + White Layering upon Layer
- The YOHJI Track Jacket & Tees
- Melange of Exotic Swirling Colors
- White on Black Adidas Stripes Poppin’ like some Jiffy Pop
- The Kicks
- The Music during the Show
- The Orange, Black, White, color blocked Track Suit and Jumper
- The Unfazed Attendees
See you on the Streetz…blog!
The Streetzblog Annual HOT list for NYC Shopping (As of 12.22.19)
As usual, this year was a whirlwind. Stayed up most nights till 4am. Slept till Noon or 2pm. Then headed back out on the town. Some of the list is similar to past years and some are new for December 2019. Been listing the HOT list almost every year since 2011. Check some of the older posts to see additional shopping tips, trends and things to do.
The 2019 Lit List
- Barneys: Madison Ave and 60th St. Uptown, NY. This was part sad and part awesome. If yo get a chance go to either the uptown or the downtown Barney’s. They are going out of business and prices drop daily. The day I was there it was 35% off everything with an additional 20% off taken at the register. Scored a pair of 424 Black and Orange Kicks and a pair of pretty expensive pants form Ovadia & Sons. Saw a guy get a $1,500 bomber jacket for $166. I was looking at it, but didn’t price check it, so if you go, ask them the price. *Sacks 5th will now tend to the Barney’s leftovers.
- Urban Necessities: Broadway and Houston Soho, NY. @twojskicks I see this place on my IG almost everyday in Hawaii, always looks like they are having fun and wearing awesome kicks, so needed to check it out. If you’ve seen any street wear or kicks on the internet or IRL, stop by this place and they are bound to have it. Tons of Yeezy Boosts, Rare Air and Jordan 1’s. With lots of fresh clothes from the likes of Travis Scott and Off-White. I asked for a certain Travis Scott T and within minutes they had my size in my hands. Great pricing too. It usually runs $130-$150. Got it for a flat $100 bucks with no tax. Pro Tip: If you buy clothes in NY, anything under $200 is not taxed. They do this to support the Fashion Industry. Make sure you get the deal on Clothes, it is available to everyone. Under $200 no tax, serious.
- 375 Showroom Sample Sale: 36 Ludlow down the street from Katz Deli. @375Showroom This is the real deal. Off-White, Heron Preston, 424, and Anti Social Social Club. They have it all. And many products brand new in the bag. Prices were around 60% off retail with some even better deals to be found. Quality of goods-A+. Not sure how long the store will be around, if it is, go there. If not, check 375 showroom on IG and make an appointment. They have the goods! My score was a ASSC Orange lettering on Black hoodie. I should of bought ALL my Christmas presents at this Sample Sale!
- SNKRFLEA: Broadway between Grand and Howard, near Canal Street Soho, NY. @SNKRFLEA Streetwear store with really nice folks running the shop. Hung out here for about an hour. The 2 owners/employees are super cool and know their stuff. Travis Scott, Off-White clothes and kicks. Reasonably priced. They had some Travis Scott Kicks at about $600. Same kicks you can see going for $1200 other places. Cool people, stop by and say Streetzblog sent ya.
- Cafe Grumpy: 89 42nd Street on Lexington Midtown, NY. Near/At Grand Central Station. Some of the best tasting coffee in the nation. Each time I went here, the coffee had a big full bodied flavor. Hard to explain, but it wasn’t watery, was always full and tasty. Get there early if you want their specialty of 2019-the Turmeric Coffee. They also have some cool merch & Matcha, Peach Nectar and Strawberry Lush. My favorite part of this place is they let you order however you like and they filled my expresso up to the top with Oat Milk. A streetzblog recommend with 5 stars!
- Canal Street Market: 265 Canal St. Canal Street off Broadway, Chinatown, near Soho, NY. Clothes + Jewels Pop-Up and food emporium. Some nice vintage clothing and jewelry options, interesting food and bubble tea, festive wi-fi/socializing area and free + clean bathrooms. And I had the best tasting coffee ever. It was a Maple Salted Latte. Was the best coffee I’ve ever tasted. I think it was the salt that made it rock!
- Dover Street Market: Lexington & 30th St. Midtown, NY. This has been on the Lit List for 5+ years. Been going here every year since they opened up shop. December is a great time to visit since most of the clothing and some shoes are 50% off. Go to every floor if you can. head to the top first, it’s where you may be able to pick up a sought after Supreme hoodie or shirt. Then make your way thru the various floors including the: GDG, Nike x DSM, Various High End Designer lables, down to the basement where the T’s are located. A MUST go to spot when in NYC. And yes, it is located in the middle of nowwhere on Lexington near 30th.
- WICKED-The Musical: 222 West 51st St at the Gershwin Theater. Broadway and 51st. The BEST experience ever. From Start to finish, Wicked will have you mesmerized. I scored some 3rd row seats day before the show. Nicely priced. Was one of the best shows, events, things I have ever seen.
9. Sacks Fifth Avenue: 611 5th Ave. Near 50th and Rockefeller Center Midtown, NY. Not only do they have the best window display in town, but December brings you their designer sale. This year, I scored Y-3. And make sure you check out their newely revamped shoe and sneaker area. It is HUGE! Time to Unwrap the savings!
10. Bloomingdale’s: Uptown and Downtown. Many more HOT brands than the Hawaii location. It’s not even the same store as in HI. So much more!
11. Uncle Pauls Pizza: 70 Vanderbilt near 45th Midtown, NY. In the city that never sleeps, the city seems to be going to bed earlier this year. Thus, you have Uncle Pauls Pizza open till at least 1am or later. Great food and open when lots of places around mid town are closed.
12. ETC Eatery: 20th East 46th Street Midtown, NY. Open 24/7 Monday thru Saturday. The freshest and sweetest Mango in the country. I had Mango almost every day this year. Also have all the necessities needed at 2am. Sandwiches, Pop, snacks, toothpaste. With many Deli’s disappearing due to high rent. ETC is still rockin’ it all day and night.
12. Madison Square Garden: 31st and 8th Ave or 4 Pennsylvania Avenue Midtown, NY. Love the energy here. Rangers or Knicks, either one is a nice experience. This year, I saw the Knicks play some team from Milwaukee. Even though they lost big time, it was fun. Spike Lee was especially upset this night, was fun to watch him in action. And in addition to shooting shirts upwards, they threw them down on the crowd, which was quite funny!! #Knicksmas #nykmsg
14. Meyers of Keswick: 634 Hudson. Near Greenwich St. and close to Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment Greenwich Village, NY. If you need anything from England, they have it here. I get the Christmas pudding and hard sauce. They also have Lion Bars, Smarties, Robinia, fresh meat pies, English Beans and much, much more. A little hard to find via mapquest. Well worth the trip. Can be crowded on the Weekends and close to the Bigger holidays.
15. Adidas Downtown: 610 Broadway near Houston Soho, NY. I like this store more than the uptown version. Lots of inventory. Different gear and goods than on the app or on-line. Sometimes you will get lucky and find some sold out deals too. friendly staff and located in prime Soho real estate location.
16. Nike NYC: 650 5th Avenue near 50th and 51st Streetz. Uptown, NY. This store is amazing. Last year, I customized some Jordan 1’s. This year, they had an interactive Kyrie Irving game. You entered the see through court, put on a pair of Kyrie’s Kicks in any size you need. Then dribbled a real ball on a real court to shoot a lay up or make a dunk. The store recorded the vid for you and then you could post it on Social Media. This store is a must see for anyone visiting or living in NYC. With that we end the Lit List for 2019. Mic is dropped!
17. Modell’s at Penn Plaza: 430 Seventh Ave. Midtown NY. A must visit after any game at MSG. I go every time I see a Knicks or Rangers game. It’s just fun to go inside especially if the team wins. Everyone is in post game jovial mood + and it’s an exciting social experience. In 2019, not only was it fun, but they had some what I would call BEYOND deals! Things you see on the internet for big bucks going for Super-Cool deals: $10 Majestic T’s and $25 various teams including Lakers, Knicks and Pelicans Hoodies. I scored a $100 Yankees Jersey made out of that nice Climalite material for a mere $25!! Best deal of the trip. And it doesn’t have some random player on the back. Totally classic, cool, comfy and will last a lifetime. SCORE!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dye a Day and Another Day
This project is like no other. 27 hours straight with maybe 2 hours of sleep. Brought us 3 pairs of Distressed + Tie Dyed with Bleach Jeans And almost 1 RIT Dyed Army Jacket. As usual the YouTube Videos are helpful but it always takes a lot longer to do what they do in 12 minutes. This time 12 minutes turned into 27 hours. Yes, it is fun, Yes, I am happy with the finished product. Glad I had a day off and budgeted the time involved to produce the end result. While it’s all fresh in my mind here are some tips if you attempt a project like this.
Distress and Tie Dye Jeans Tips
- Budget plenty of time for this project
- Use Rubber Bands or Rubbery hair ties. String doesn’t work well
- You can distress before or after the dye. Really doesn’t matter. I distressed 2 pairs with an Exacto Knife. The easiest way to distress jeans is to cut slits with an exacto knife. Just remember to put a magazine in between the 2 layers. Make slices, then wash in Cold and dry on Medium and you are good to go.
- Get food and Drinks ahead of time. It’s hard to make food or mix drinks with all the toxic chemicals and gloves to take on and off
- Buy 2 pairs of Gloves. One of my gloves burnt off my hand. Pay a little extra for the $5 brand instead of the $2 pair. It’s worth it.
- Get a mask to breathe through while taking the rubber bands off. The Bleach is pretty intense. Many YouTube videos don’t mention this. I recommend it as something mandatory. My skin and brain is still tingling a bit. Hour 29.
- Tie Dye Jeans. The Army Jacket did not take the bleach. Nothing happened. So I put in inRit Dye. The Rit Dye didn’t work either, it just kinda morphed the camo print. must be the synthetic fabric. Most likely the Polyester in the jacket. Well, 3 out of 4 came out Great!
- Have Fun! If you’re not having fun doing this type of gig, don’t bother. I enjoy things like this. If you don’t enjoy the process the time involved isn’t worth it. But the end product is pretty Sweet! *And if you want, email me your waist size and i can make you a pair. Just some costs + shipping. Should be like $75 + $25= $100
- Play some good music. I listened to the BBC Live for 2 days. Heard everything from Heavy English Hip-Hop to underground Dancehall, to some Annie Mac classics, to a pretty Dope Diplo Mix
- Don’t spend too much time rubber banding. One pair took me 3 hours to rubber band another about 30 minutes and they both came out Rad. Although, the more time you spend rubber banding the more intricate the patterns will be!
Here’s some pictures of the process:
And the Final Products:
The Bones Brigade Pant F/W 2019-20 Sniper Wells design for the Street Meat Market 2 different pairs of size 32 Waist. Both Distressed and Tie Dye with Bleach. Both are for sale and ready to ship in time for the 2019 Holidays. E-mail email@example.com if interested
The Layed Back Hack Pant F/W 2019-20 Gold and Dark Blue. Designed by Sniper Wells for the Street Meat Market. Size 34 Waist.
List of Ingredients for a Tie Dye Jean Day
- Rubber Gloves-2-3 just in case straight bleach hits them. Some disintegrate. I used Glam Gloves, paid a bit extra, but they still burnt through. Thus, the need for 2-3 pairs
- Bleach-Get the Linen infused scent
- Gas mask of some sort-Even just the paper version from the Doctors office
- Sharp Scissors-Get some good ones, its worth it when cutting off the rubber bands. I’d recommend the kind used for sewing. The Sharper the better. Also thin sharp scissor tips works well to get the rubber bands off easily
- Rubber bands of various shapes and sizes + Rubber Hair Ties
- 2 Big plastic Buckets I got 2 at Walmart for a great price
- Cold Water to rinse. And rinse them really well. Then wait a bit before washing in cold water in the washing machine
- Jeans-The Dark version came out a nice shade of Green and Blue. The lighter pairs came out White and Blue. I’ve been scouring the Sale racks at Macy’s for 2 months. Got 2 pairs for a really good deal. The other during the One Day sale. I have 1 pair to wear and 2 x size 32 waist to sell if you want a pair. Just LMK
- Food and Drinks-Already prepared and ready. You don’t want to mess with food and the chemicals in the Bleach
- Music-Helps set the tone of the event
- A phone and a camera-It’s hard to just use your phone to do everything. Thus the Camera. But be careful you don’t want to get bleach on it. Maybe get a friend to document the process for you. That would work. I played music with my phone and used the camera and sometimes the phone for the photos
Here is the Gold and Blue pair shot in Waikiki IRL 11/29/19
See you on the Streetz..blog
Sage Style Advice from Tom Ford
I’m fairly strict on my work-wear, keeping it pretty Downtown-Corporate-Chic during the weekdays. Yet on Saturday and Sunday, If I’m not at a work event, I’m a firm believer at whatever your age, wear what you want and makes you feel good. Many weekends, you can catch me wearing extra large drop crotch Rick Owens Slate grey shorts, a Y-3 T and some Hi-Top DSM x Converse Kicks. If I’m on a vacation, I’ll take it up a notch or 2 with mostly bottoms and few tops that I created + sewed myself.
The September 2019 issue of GQ is all about suits. From Goodwill glam Plaids, to oversized pants to the Lebron/Thom Browne shorts suit. Basically, wear your suit anyway you want. Which leads us to this incredibly awesome quote from the ever stylish Tom Ford:
Tom says that people ask him: I wish lived in the 30’s or I wish I lived in the 50’s…that was a more elegant era. Tom Ford responds by saying:
But there’s no reason you can’t live in the world you want. All you have to do is dress the way want and live the way you want.
He’s talking more about dressing up in a stylish Suit. I’m talking more about wearing street at any age. Yet both of us are saying the same thing. If you like something, if you feel good wearing it, make sure that you put it on and wear whatever you want.
The photo below is one of my favorite non age appropriate outfits. THAT my daughter took a snap of when I wasn’t looking. I like it, I wore it. I may not be in the demo for this outfit. (Leggings, shorts in the winter etc) But on that day, I sure felt good about the World…and had an added SWAG in my step. Wear what you like, when you want…and with that said, I may wear some black to work on Monday. Hehehe
BTW: I still receive the paper version of GQ in the mail. If Details were still around, I’d still subscribe to it also.
Here’s a picture of the outfit I wore from the front side. A picture I knew that she took.
And here’s some more shots of me wearing what I want at any age.
Do you think it’s ok to dress as you like at any age? What’s your favorite suit trend for 2019-20? Are there any paper mags you still get in the mail or at the airport or is it all Digi all the time now? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…in a suit?
Dapper Dan’s the 2019 Man!
Over the last 5 week’s (May-June 2019) I’ve seen and heard about as much about Dapper Dan as I did back in the 90’s. He was on Project Runway, in a song on When they See Us, and GQ did a nice write up about him. I don’t know who his publicist is, whoever it is, knows what they are doing & does it well! He’s everywhere.
The video below sums up his BIO. Watch this historically rich Video to see his career from the beginning til Now:
Back in the day Dapper Dan made custom outfits for the Hip-Hop community, mostly in NYC. He used designer labels. Blew the logos up Big. Or painted the designs on leather to make custom Street wear. His favorites were Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Fendi. He always dressed impeccable with major Swagger. His clothes were worn by many super-stars including: LL Cool J, the Fat Boys, Salt-N-Pepa, Jam Master J, Mike Tyson, KRS-One, Floyd Mayweather and Big Daddy Kane.
Here are the places I’ve been seeing Dapper Dan as of lately:
May 5, 2019: Dapper Dan in GQ. Click here for article.
May 16, 2019: Dapper Dan on Bravo’s Project Runway. This came out late April. I spotted it on May 16.
June 15, 2019: When They See Us-4 part TV show on Netflix (June 2019) . Heard the Jay-Z song, U Don’t See Us “Wear a G on my chest, I don’t need Dapper Dan, this Ain’t a sewn outfit, holmes, holmes is about it”
Additional News on Dapper Dan, I found when looking for the Jay-Z Song’s title:
In 2017, Dapper Dan and Gucci partnered for a line of men’s wear. In 2018, they opened a new atelier on Lenox Avenue in partnership with Gucci, Dapper Dan of Harlem, the first luxury house fashion store in Harlem. Everything came full circle. From doing Knock Offs/Knock Ups to really working with Gucci. Congrats to Dapper Dan!
A book – Dapper Dan Made in Harlem: A Memoir is available for pre-order on Amazon. And a movie of the memoir is planned. See you on the Streetz!
Everything is Real
There’s 5 Diamonds in my 2 ears. Some are Cubic Zirconia’s, some are Diamonds. When people ask if they are real, I always reply-Yes. Because they are real…earrings. They’ve been in my ears for so many years, I couldn’t tell you which are the Real and which are the Fake.
What is Fake
When it comes to Kicks and Clothes. It gets harder to tell which are the Real and Which are the Fake. When you walk into the Opening Ceremony store in Soho, NY and 90% of the people are wearing very rare Yeezy’s and stacked Balanciaga’s. You wonder which are the Real? Which are the Fake? They didn’t make that many of the Yeezy’s for them all to be real. But, very hard to tell which are which as you walk around the store. The buyers at Flight Club or Stadium Goods would know which are which. Me, they all looked pretty real.
What the Fake?
I own a pair of Jordan 1 Royals. Paid what I thought was a fair price for a limited run. I thought the store was legit when I went to the brick & mortar. But, have seen the same store on IG stories selling very Fake looking Kicks. So, I don’t know? Might be real, might be fake. Sure hope for $240 they are real.
Fake is Fake
I saw this video below a few months ago about Korea’s fake Fashion scene. Asked a friend going there to get me a couple of Supreme shirts in XXL. Knew that they were going to be Real-Fake’s, but figured, let’s see what it’s like. Got the XXL because I figured they would shrink to an XL. The XXL’s were more like L’s, so they shrunk to M’s. And the logos were rubberized. In this case, the Fakes were very Fake. I may wear the black one a few more times. The Grey will most likely go to my friend’s store. I’ll tell him not to price it too high. But, whoever buys it. What will they say? Real? Fake? or #RealFake
Real is Real
I do own a couple of awesome Rick Owens pieces that I personally bought in their Soho, NY location. Both pieces are of extraordinary quality. They are as real as real can be. But, I owe a bit of cash on my credit card. They are very real and so is my Credit Card bill. I wore the kicks once and the pants are too nice to wear. In this case Real is very nice, very real, but should I have gotten the 2 items. Probably not. Cause, now I’m real #broke.
Hmm. I believe first and foremost in supporting the original designers. With that said, I think a mixture of Real & Fake is ok, kinda’ like the earrings in my ears. 80% Real 20% Fake works for me. The worst thing is spending big bucks on something you think is Real, but it is actually Fake. Thoughts? Let us know in the comments section?
Korea’s Fake Fashion Scene:
The Russian Real-Fake marketplace:
See you on the Streetz!
Y-3 Limited Edition w/ James Harden!
4/5/18: Super Fresh, Hot, New Info on Y-3 x James Harden!
Y-3 is launching a Limited Edition collection with James harden on Friday April 13, 2018. The Video below is a teaser of the various pieces. Almost all items are in black which is super cool. Some Indigo/Very Dark blue and Champagne/Off White.
A Pink Petal Flower is embolised on many pieces. From what I can see, we can expect:
A Bomber Jacket, Cropped Pants, A Blazer, Hoodie, Tank Top, Regular and Compression Shirts, some logo’d Leggings and 3 different Shoes. The BYW Bball, The Laceless Tamgutsu and my favorite, the Bashyo featuring the bright pink petal flower. Some items come with the Y-3 stacked logo with inclusion of the Pink Petal Flower.
For some reason, Y-3 is my fav brand of late. And this collection looks like a must shop. Hoping there’s some affordable gear on launch date. Here is one of the sites that should have the dope dudz on release date See You on the Streetz!
51PERCENT S/S 2018
Korean Fashion Brand-51PERCENT brings us a pretty perfect pair of BBP’s-Black Bondage Pants. The Fit below serves up some Pretty Nice-Strapped, Zipped, Fresh & Clean BBP’s.
From the same 51PERCENT collection we see a lot of Matrix the Movie Influence. Some nice pix from their LOOKBOOK are below:
To see more or get some of the Unconscious Desires S/S 2018 Collection, click Here.
See You On The Streetz…Blog!
The Newest Streetzblog Creation
The AHOLA Shirt-Pro Bowl Edition F/W 2018-19
I needed a slight break in the action of Non Stop creations from Scratch. So, took an old plaid shirt from Target and a pretty new Pro Bowl Aloha shirt, combined the 2 and created the AHOLA Shirt. Over time it will Morph & Fray, which will give it even more Flavor. This side project took about 15 hours to complete. 3/7/18
For some reason, I thought this would take a couple of hours to complete. But it’s a bit more intricate. Here’s the process:
- Draw shapes on the front with Pink or Light Blue Pencil
- Cut out the Aloha print fabric to fit, pin on front if you have time. You can skip pinning on the front, but I like to do it, to see how it will look
- Then take each piece off the front and carefully pin to the inside. This is actually the most important step. You need to pin each piece in place with many pins. If you’re lazy on this step, you will end up with an ugly pinched up shirt. Take your time and pin each piece precisely
- Sew each piece on the inside of the shirt. Do the Back First, then the front then the sleeves
- The Reveal! This is my favorite part. Be very careful, pinch fabric on the front and make a very small hole. Then take some really sharp small scissors and cut the shapes out
- Pro Tip: On the Sleeves, I carefully cut out slits. THEN sew lines thorugh the area, so that it will only fray in certain areas. This is also fun to do. And will give your creation some expensive looking frays as it morphs through each wash and wear.
- Press Shirt and Wear it on Aloha Friday
See you on the Streetz…blog!