Category Archives: Streetwear
Waikiki, Oahu-August 20, 2021
The Iconic KITH store opened up on Friday August 20, 2021 on Oahu. Located between the Apple store and Jimmy Choo on Kalakaua Ave. I stopped by for a few quick snaps of the store. And made an ill-fated attempt to get in to the store.
For their Grand-Opening they released a KITH colored bright light blue and white Air Force1 with the Hawaiian Islands featured on the tongue. They did tickets, wristbands and general standing in line to get the kicks. Saw some of the AF1’s re-selling for $700-$900.
The Store has clothes and shoes on the main road and a KITH treats shop a bit inside The Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center.
If you got lucky enough to purchase a pair of the limited release AF1. Congrats! Maybe I’ll see you down there one day in a few weeks or months. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Designer Brand Paris Etoile Pant S/S 2021
These pants contain MANY replicant Id’s from various brands. Including: Off-White, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Supreme, Unravel and Gucci. The pant features reflective 3M silver hits with Freddy Kreuger influenced scratches and an ode to David Bowie famous face triangles. Completing the look is a very complex oversized flo-orange zipper with skulls that glow underneath.
Pants were completely deconstructed at the seams to allow easier access. Underneath has Hits of reflective 3M silver and Glow in the Dark Skulls. Pants are slashed to have the underneath pop through. Includes jagged scissor cut at hem. The goal was to add as many brand names as I could find. Some tags are flown in from Korea, the unravel’s came with a pair of pants I purchased. And a couple other brand names came from a covid mask and a ladies hairband that I cut up.
If you need any help on how I made something. Just email me. The Big orange zipper was the most challenging. My sewing teacher was a great sport, super big help, but she still rolls her eyes when I mention the complex cosmic zipper. And yes, it really does work and the skulls do glow bright green. Makes the Black pant, Orange zipper and Green glow skulls come together quite pleasantly.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Rick Owens x Converse x DRKSHDW 7/27/21
On the search for some good Olympic content centering around clothes, kicks, and headphones, I ran into a collab I somehow missed coming our way. The shoes appeared in my IG Live feed late last night/this morning. Releasing all day today 7/27/21. They’re already sold out on line, have some in store in Amsterdam and Italy. And at some good pricing on Stock X as of 8pm Tonight. I’m thinking pricing on these will go down a bit in the beginning, but in about a year should double. Since they’re sold out on the Converse site and the Rick Owens EU site. They should increase in price, but may be a good deal for the next few weeks.
When it comes to Rick Owens Collabs, they are kinda pricey but not nearly as pricey as the Rick Owens main line. So re-sale should stay around retail plus $30 for a bit. Then over time, the price will increase. The RO x Doc Martins are still within $30-$50 of retail, but there are some very nice Replicants out there, so be careful when purchasing the Doc x RO collab.The shoe that pretty much kicked off the latest 10 years of Streetwear is the Iconic Rick Owens Ramones. It is basically an oversized Black + White Converse Shoe. Made with exquisite Italian Calf-Skin leather with a crisp cool stainless steel zipper. Yes, it looked a bit weird when it first hit. But, quickly became the go to staple of the high-end 2011-2015 streetwear scene. I took a picture wearing a pair in the Barneys store back in 2012. You can see it here. Or same pic is below:
Since the Ramone was a blatant take on the OG Black and White Converse All-Star, it’s kinda strange that this collab brings us full circle. Rick making Dough for Converse. Converse making cheddar for Rick Owens. A bit Bizarre. Yet it’s happened … Today.
And little did we know, these were the exact same shoes as seen in the Rick Owens Runway show that the streetzblog reviewed here Just 5 months ago. I’m thinking Rick’s been listening to some Good Goth or Industrial Dance lately. These are More Goth than the Air Jordan x CDG @ DSM Collab and those were pretty Goth/S&M/Bondage themed.
As the Streetzblog continues to find a story or two in this years Tokyo Olympics, let’s take a look at the Converse x Rick Owens TURBODRK Chuck 70’s. They come in Hi-Top BlK and Low’s in WHT. Both with stacked sole and oversized tongue.
What do you think of them? Do you want a pair? Or gonna’ take a pass and wait for the next RO collab..we know we will get it sooner than later. Pretty sure they are already working on another RO x Converse iteration. BTW: There used to be some really DOPE Adidas x Rick Owens kicks at the RO store in Soho, NY. I know I shoulda bought a pair, but were about $300 8 years ago and that was just a bit too high at the time.
Converse x Rick Owens TURBODRK Chuck 70s High-Tops:
Converse x Rick Owens Chuck 70’s Lows:
Pix courtesy of Converse.com and various IG accounts.
What do you think? Turbo DRIP? Turbo Dunk? Turbo DRK? or Turbo Dork? Let us know in the comments section and LMK if you see any cool threads or kicks in or around the Olympics.
See you on the Streetz!
Paint on Paint on Paint
Clothing companies are great at pushing the boundaries of promotion in the digital age. Check out the video below by Siberia Hills. You won’t see the ubiquitous jumping into pants or flashy graphics. But what we do get is some extraordinary under painting. Await some cool surprises on the bottom layer and the top layer of the painting. Nice way to promote your their clothing line. And check out the matching shirt. For More on Siberia Hills, see more, buy more here
Now if someone could help me with the jumping into clothes thing, LMK in the comments sections. My friend said to jump up and down in front of a door. But that’s all I understood of her directions. LOL! Got a bunch of pants RTW RTS. (Ready to Wear and Ready to Sell!)
The Streetzblog x Street Meat Market Designer Etoile Pants are done. Here’s a few pix of the newest piece of art from Waikiki, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Upcoming project intertwines Aloha shirts and Tees for the Reduce, Recycle, & Retro Chic Collection 2022.
See you on the Streetz!
Shop IRL, Make sure to keep the Bag
That 90’s fanny pack may be on the way out. Hooray! From some of the street styles seen near the latest Menswear shows, the Shopping Bag may be your newest carry all. Straight from the store bought bags to matching the bag with your clothes to customized shopping bags with shoulder straps. The shopping bag is your ticket to major streetwear cred. From Paris to Milan the shopping bag is 2021’s IT bag for men.
Pictures courtesy of Vogue.com, IG and Authors Own. BTW: In Hawaii, plastic has been banned. Thus it’s hard to find a good free bag. Most you pay 15-50 cents and they are mostly plain brown paper bags. (As of 4/7/21)
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dope Music, Fluid Flow, & Comfy Clothes
Helmut Lang Runway Spring/Summer 2020
Spacious, Stark blanc en blanc room with pops of colored clothing…fluidly floating thru Time and Space. The Helmut Lang Runway show for the Spring/Summer 2020 season provides a nicely mixed soundtrack of techno tracks, with models perfectly choreographed to flow through the intersections of time and space provided.
Giving us high end luxury clothing that looks super comfortable to wear indoors and out. For both Women and Men. Trust me, Helmut Lang clothes are well constructed, made of high end fabrics, sewed to perfection. Flawless execution of fabrication deluxe. Below are the Highlights and Lowlights of the Helmut Lang Runway Show.
- The Music. Flow of it. Techno pulse of it. Vibe of it, to fit the Venue
- The multi pocketed Olive green cropped jackets
- The Comfy, Fluid, feel of the clothing. It all felt just so comfortable. Flowing, Swirling, thru the cross Trafficked runway
- The Army Green/Olive colors
- Use of straps (Both Men’s and Women’s)
- Silver on White
- Blanc en Blanc setting. Let the clothes do the walking and talking
- Bright Yellow. Yep, Even I liked the Color yellow popping through the stark white background
- The Light Green Men’s Suit
- Bright Yellow + Neon Pink Women’s dresses
- The Helmut Lang Quality of the Clothing
- Too much of the color White
- Not enough of the color Black. (Most of the best HL clothes are black or at least Gun Metal/Nickel colored)
- Da Vinyl clothing
- Beige/Brown. Two of the worst clothing colors other than White and Aqua
- The Faded blue Jeans Jacket and Pants. Just did not fit the rest of the higher end line of the Brand
Y-3, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Daniel Patrick and Chapter are streetzblog favorites featuring mostly darker shades of clothing, solidly made tailoring, to wear for many years to come. Over the last 3 years, Helmut Lang has become a go to favorite along the same lines as the brands listed above.
In December 2018, I had finished up a lunch with my friend at a super-good vegan joint near Union Square, NYC. I figured I’d head to Soho on Foot. Was a lot longer and colder than I expected. But, I landed at the Helmut Lang Sample sale. I do LOVE a good sample sale. And this was Perf for me. Almost the entire selection was my all time Favorite color-Black!
I was in that sample sale for like 2 hours. Trying on things, snagging & swooping upon shirts and pants as soon as someone put them back, and putting some back myself as I was on a Bit of a budget. Socializing, touching and feeling each and every piece of these high end quality items. And waiting for an XL or even a L to appear in the Hoodie section. I ended up with 5 items: Black Calf Skin Luxe-Life Kicks, Perfectly tailored Shorts, One T shirt and a pair of Gaberdine Trousers with crisp cool exquisite buttons on the bottoms of the legs. All at 70-80% off retail. Hanging out and purchasing these items, I became an instant fan of the Brand.
Here’s a picture of the Helmut Lang Luxe-Life Kicks. Super comfortable in the color black…of course:
Recently (January 2021) before going on my 90 day no shoes no clothes purchasing cleanse. In January 2021, I re-found Helmut Lang during their Surplus Sale. Was just like a NY Sample sale, yet on line. Not quite as much fun, no hanging with people, no touching the fabrics, no trying on clothes and shoes. But I did know the quality would be there. Scored some pretty dope pieces yet again. A long Sleeve Army Green Modal Cotton (The kind of cotton that is smooth and silky on the skin) A really nice pair of 3m striped pants (Black with silver stripe), a pair of Gun Metal Colored shorts similar to the sample sale, just a bit more fitting and of course a T shirt. Budget was under $225, retail was over $1050. SCORE!
Here’s the Helmut Lang F/W 2020 Pants with Silver 3M Stripe:
I’ve got my eyes on the New Helmut Strap joggers and the Strap knee length shorts. Hope they have enough stock for a sample or surplus sale on these 2 items. Maybe in May. And Maybe in May, we can shop in store again? Hope, the in-store experience comes back sooner than later. I really cant go anywhere nowadays, I like to touch the materials too much, and peruse for way longer than the usual customer. Thus, it’s way too risky of an endeavor for me in March 2020 thru May? 2021.
If you want to see the new goods or the current sale, check Helmut Lang out right here
See you on the Streetz…blog!
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
- The Flapping Grey Belts and Gray Accoutrements
- The Funky Black material for the vampy Blade inspired looks. Seems too thin and a bit tacky
- Frilly, Textured, Flowery, Material
- Lack of Ability to Spot the Celebs in Attendance
Y-3 is the Only Brand You Need
Runway Show Paris Fashion Week March 2019
If I could choose only one brand it would be Y-3. It can be worn at an upscale event, brunch, a Sporting event, on the streetz or even for lounging around the crib on a Sunday afternoon. Usual colors are Black + White and even when other colors are positioned in, they tend to look pretty nice.
The clothes are always made with superior high quality. Every pair of Y-3 pants I own are sturdy, solid and clean. I can actually feel the high standard of tailorshp that goes into them, when I wear them.
Although they can run a tad big at times. I do own a piece or 2 that are a bit big. If you get a chance, try them on. Pro Tip: SSENSE tends to have the best on-line sales. And Bloomingdale’s is the place to go for selection, quantity and to try the goods on for your fit. You may need to size down 1-2 sizes dependent on the year the Y-3 clothes are from. For this show they did run a tad Big. You can also catch Y-3 on the Adidas site, where you will find a pretty decent array of clothing and All of this season’s shoes.
- Comfy Flow
- Fluid Clean
- Oversized Fun Flair Street
- Black + White Layering upon Layer
- The YOHJI Track Jacket & Tees
- Melange of Exotic Swirling Colors
- White on Black Adidas Stripes Poppin’ like some Jiffy Pop
- The Kicks
- The Music during the Show
- The Orange, Black, White, color blocked Track Suit and Jumper
- The Unfazed Attendees
See you on the Streetz…blog!
The Streetzblog Annual HOT list for NYC Shopping (As of 12.22.19)
As usual, this year was a whirlwind. Stayed up most nights till 4am. Slept till Noon or 2pm. Then headed back out on the town. Some of the list is similar to past years and some are new for December 2019. Been listing the HOT list almost every year since 2011. Check some of the older posts to see additional shopping tips, trends and things to do.
The 2019 Lit List
- Barneys: Madison Ave and 60th St. Uptown, NY. This was part sad and part awesome. If yo get a chance go to either the uptown or the downtown Barney’s. They are going out of business and prices drop daily. The day I was there it was 35% off everything with an additional 20% off taken at the register. Scored a pair of 424 Black and Orange Kicks and a pair of pretty expensive pants form Ovadia & Sons. Saw a guy get a $1,500 bomber jacket for $166. I was looking at it, but didn’t price check it, so if you go, ask them the price. *Sacks 5th will now tend to the Barney’s leftovers.
- Urban Necessities: Broadway and Houston Soho, NY. @twojskicks I see this place on my IG almost everyday in Hawaii, always looks like they are having fun and wearing awesome kicks, so needed to check it out. If you’ve seen any street wear or kicks on the internet or IRL, stop by this place and they are bound to have it. Tons of Yeezy Boosts, Rare Air and Jordan 1’s. With lots of fresh clothes from the likes of Travis Scott and Off-White. I asked for a certain Travis Scott T and within minutes they had my size in my hands. Great pricing too. It usually runs $130-$150. Got it for a flat $100 bucks with no tax. Pro Tip: If you buy clothes in NY, anything under $200 is not taxed. They do this to support the Fashion Industry. Make sure you get the deal on Clothes, it is available to everyone. Under $200 no tax, serious.
- 375 Showroom Sample Sale: 36 Ludlow down the street from Katz Deli. @375Showroom This is the real deal. Off-White, Heron Preston, 424, and Anti Social Social Club. They have it all. And many products brand new in the bag. Prices were around 60% off retail with some even better deals to be found. Quality of goods-A+. Not sure how long the store will be around, if it is, go there. If not, check 375 showroom on IG and make an appointment. They have the goods! My score was a ASSC Orange lettering on Black hoodie. I should of bought ALL my Christmas presents at this Sample Sale!
- SNKRFLEA: Broadway between Grand and Howard, near Canal Street Soho, NY. @SNKRFLEA Streetwear store with really nice folks running the shop. Hung out here for about an hour. The 2 owners/employees are super cool and know their stuff. Travis Scott, Off-White clothes and kicks. Reasonably priced. They had some Travis Scott Kicks at about $600. Same kicks you can see going for $1200 other places. Cool people, stop by and say Streetzblog sent ya.
- Cafe Grumpy: 89 42nd Street on Lexington Midtown, NY. Near/At Grand Central Station. Some of the best tasting coffee in the nation. Each time I went here, the coffee had a big full bodied flavor. Hard to explain, but it wasn’t watery, was always full and tasty. Get there early if you want their specialty of 2019-the Turmeric Coffee. They also have some cool merch & Matcha, Peach Nectar and Strawberry Lush. My favorite part of this place is they let you order however you like and they filled my expresso up to the top with Oat Milk. A streetzblog recommend with 5 stars!
- Canal Street Market: 265 Canal St. Canal Street off Broadway, Chinatown, near Soho, NY. Clothes + Jewels Pop-Up and food emporium. Some nice vintage clothing and jewelry options, interesting food and bubble tea, festive wi-fi/socializing area and free + clean bathrooms. And I had the best tasting coffee ever. It was a Maple Salted Latte. Was the best coffee I’ve ever tasted. I think it was the salt that made it rock!
- Dover Street Market: Lexington & 30th St. Midtown, NY. This has been on the Lit List for 5+ years. Been going here every year since they opened up shop. December is a great time to visit since most of the clothing and some shoes are 50% off. Go to every floor if you can. head to the top first, it’s where you may be able to pick up a sought after Supreme hoodie or shirt. Then make your way thru the various floors including the: GDG, Nike x DSM, Various High End Designer lables, down to the basement where the T’s are located. A MUST go to spot when in NYC. And yes, it is located in the middle of nowwhere on Lexington near 30th.
- WICKED-The Musical: 222 West 51st St at the Gershwin Theater. Broadway and 51st. The BEST experience ever. From Start to finish, Wicked will have you mesmerized. I scored some 3rd row seats day before the show. Nicely priced. Was one of the best shows, events, things I have ever seen.
9. Sacks Fifth Avenue: 611 5th Ave. Near 50th and Rockefeller Center Midtown, NY. Not only do they have the best window display in town, but December brings you their designer sale. This year, I scored Y-3. And make sure you check out their newely revamped shoe and sneaker area. It is HUGE! Time to Unwrap the savings!
10. Bloomingdale’s: Uptown and Downtown. Many more HOT brands than the Hawaii location. It’s not even the same store as in HI. So much more!
11. Uncle Pauls Pizza: 70 Vanderbilt near 45th Midtown, NY. In the city that never sleeps, the city seems to be going to bed earlier this year. Thus, you have Uncle Pauls Pizza open till at least 1am or later. Great food and open when lots of places around mid town are closed.
12. ETC Eatery: 20th East 46th Street Midtown, NY. Open 24/7 Monday thru Saturday. The freshest and sweetest Mango in the country. I had Mango almost every day this year. Also have all the necessities needed at 2am. Sandwiches, Pop, snacks, toothpaste. With many Deli’s disappearing due to high rent. ETC is still rockin’ it all day and night.
12. Madison Square Garden: 31st and 8th Ave or 4 Pennsylvania Avenue Midtown, NY. Love the energy here. Rangers or Knicks, either one is a nice experience. This year, I saw the Knicks play some team from Milwaukee. Even though they lost big time, it was fun. Spike Lee was especially upset this night, was fun to watch him in action. And in addition to shooting shirts upwards, they threw them down on the crowd, which was quite funny!! #Knicksmas #nykmsg
14. Meyers of Keswick: 634 Hudson. Near Greenwich St. and close to Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment Greenwich Village, NY. If you need anything from England, they have it here. I get the Christmas pudding and hard sauce. They also have Lion Bars, Smarties, Robinia, fresh meat pies, English Beans and much, much more. A little hard to find via mapquest. Well worth the trip. Can be crowded on the Weekends and close to the Bigger holidays.
15. Adidas Downtown: 610 Broadway near Houston Soho, NY. I like this store more than the uptown version. Lots of inventory. Different gear and goods than on the app or on-line. Sometimes you will get lucky and find some sold out deals too. friendly staff and located in prime Soho real estate location.
16. Nike NYC: 650 5th Avenue near 50th and 51st Streetz. Uptown, NY. This store is amazing. Last year, I customized some Jordan 1’s. This year, they had an interactive Kyrie Irving game. You entered the see through court, put on a pair of Kyrie’s Kicks in any size you need. Then dribbled a real ball on a real court to shoot a lay up or make a dunk. The store recorded the vid for you and then you could post it on Social Media. This store is a must see for anyone visiting or living in NYC. With that we end the Lit List for 2019. Mic is dropped!
17. Modell’s at Penn Plaza: 430 Seventh Ave. Midtown NY. A must visit after any game at MSG. I go every time I see a Knicks or Rangers game. It’s just fun to go inside especially if the team wins. Everyone is in post game jovial mood + and it’s an exciting social experience. In 2019, not only was it fun, but they had some what I would call BEYOND deals! Things you see on the internet for big bucks going for Super-Cool deals: $10 Majestic T’s and $25 various teams including Lakers, Knicks and Pelicans Hoodies. I scored a $100 Yankees Jersey made out of that nice Climalite material for a mere $25!! Best deal of the trip. And it doesn’t have some random player on the back. Totally classic, cool, comfy and will last a lifetime. SCORE!
See you on the Streetz…blog!