Category Archives: Rave Culture
AFTERWORLD: The Age of Tomorrow. Balenciaga Fall 2021
As we emerge from our cocoons of 2020 we’ll find some things the same yet many changed. Some futuristic, a bit of retro-vintage, Rave culture, maybe a bit of the Roaring 20s. This video filmed as a video game shows many of the trends to expect as we emerge from home bound to a combo of home and outta bound.
The more you watch this video the more you’ll see. Here are a few of the key takeaways:
- Your Avatar image melding into your Real Image of yourself. We’ll see people on the streetz looking more and more like their Zombie killer, Prince and Princess, Farmer, Cyber-Punk video game avatar. The imagined becomes real very quickly.
- Functional Tech-Wear: Less about showing off the features. But building in the sweat wicking, multi pocket, rain resistant clothing. The incorporation of the tech without showing it off.
- 90’s Rave Culture, as see in one of the Zones on the video. Neon Greens, Pinks and Orange. Mixed in with sombre blacks. Its either gonna be a 90s Rave, a 1960’s Psychedelic experience or a Roaring 20’s kind of year for some. Especially for the 16-30 year olds.
- Virtual Reality + Real Reality with a touch of Augmented Reality melding into ONE. Goes a bit back to the Avatar mentioned above. And Richard Branson going to space. Things will move, meld, change from the unreal life to the real faster than anyone could ever Imagine.
You’re sure to find even more hidden gems inf the Vid. Check out the Balenciaga Video Game Runway show below and let us know the trends you see in the comments section below. See you on the the Real Streetz…very soon!
Swedish House Mafia-Farewell Tour-Mad Square Garden & Barclays NYC-2013. with a bit of MSG NYC 2011 thrown in for fun!
I did try to get to this show, but since I was just in NYC in DEC 2012 and I saw SHM at MSG in DEC 2011, I really didn’t try that intensly. And I’m kinda’ trying real hard not to use my credit card for 3 months. Other than “One Pair” of Jordan 1’s, I’ve not used my credit card since December 29, 2012 which is pretty good for me!
SHM is saying this is their last tour, We shall see about that. Being there in person myself in 2011, I can say they have the best video and light shows I’ve ever seen and this show looks even better than the one I attended. But, when I saw them John Martin was there live to sing this tune. I Don’t see him during this song this past Friday night. BTW: He’s a really cool Chap and dresses with pure European flair mixed with NYC street Swagger. Here’s “Save the World” By SHM from this past Friday night March 1st – 2013 Live at Madison Square Garden in NYC.
Next up is SHM with Resurrection/Here We Go into /Antidote Live at Barclays on 3/2 in Brooklyn. This is where I really wanted to go, I’ve never been to this Joint, but as you can see and hear, it’s pretty state of the art. Lights and Soundz even bigger and brighter, louder and crisper. My co-worker from down the hall was here on Sunday night, he hasn’t made it back from NYC yet with the full report, but he did say it was 28% that night. Hope he picked me up a shirt! Hehehe. Looks like quite a show!
And Yes I know this is the same song as the first, but I couldn’t resist putting up “Save the World” with John Martin Live at MSG Dec 2011, the night I was there. And I thought the lights were awesome that night-check out the difference a year and a couple of months does for a well paid EDM group. One screen in 2011 and 3-5 screens in 2013 with even more clarity, definition and punch. Wow! Here’s “Save the World” again with John Martin Live at MSG in NYC-Dec 2011.
And since, “Don’t You Worry Child” is their big hit now, Here it is Live at Barclay’s from this past weekend in March 2013.
I like the Graphic Confetti into the real confetti, Sweet! I don’t know if you ever “play pretend to be there” like I do? Here’s how I did it this past weekend: On Sunday I woke up really early in Hawaii at 7AM, watched the 8AM Knicks vs Heat game LIVE at MSG, took a break, ate, cleaned the house. Then, drank some coffee from my “REAL” paper Greek coffee cup nabbed from some NYC Deli in the 90’s, then cranked up the Swedish House Mafia and pretended I was there. Was close enough for me to have a great day, I didn’t touch my credit cards and I was able to enjoy the 82% weather even though I once again missed the beach. I tell you this Sunday is a Beach Day no matter what! I am there! Have a nice week whether you are here, there or pretending to be here or there. Have a good one!
First off-Man did time fly or what? The final Season of Entourage is over and so is this season of True Blood. I thought I would have time to give up my HBO for a month or two to save a few bucks. But, Wow! no ways! “How To Make it in America” Season Two Debuts next week Sunday October 2nd. When I posted their first vid for the new season I had no idea it would be here this quickly. by the looks of the Vid, it seems that Ben and Cam actually have a Store called “Crisp”, that sounds pretty quick from one pair of jeans to a store, but they must have been hustling all Summer long. If you watch the first of this year’s season LMK what you think? I know lots of people didn’t even know the show existed last year and I for one am glad its back. You can also check out Season 1 on HBO On-Demand. I’ll be watching HTMIIA live Hawaii time on twitter #howtomakeit join me if you get a chance!
Now on to various HOT-NESS. This isn’t from any website or magazine. It’s just a random list of what I’ve been noticing around town in Honolulu of what’s HOT NOW and seems to be trending.
1. Black, Flourescent Green and bright Purple
2. Shuffle Crews at Raves
3. More and more designer Kicks on HPU students than ever before. When I walk to work in the morning the HPU students used to wear lots of generic lookin’ lameness, but this year they’ve stepped up their game big time!
4. The fashion Laces: No shoelaces, Kicks with bright shoe laces and sneaks with different colored laces on the left and on the right.
5. Retro Aloha Shirts: Prints ala’ Magnum P.I and even earlier looks from the orignal Hawaii Five-0 days.
6. Watching TV on Twitter with friends and strangers
7. Red Headphone Cords: About 10 years or so ago the Hipsters on the Subway all wore the white earbuds and that told everyone that they were cool and were also rocking an iPod, not just some generic mp3 player. Soon after the white earbuds became the norm. Nowadays I’m noticing the “hipper” peeps using the red cord that comes with the Beatz By Dre Headphones. So Just so you know, the red ones mean you have a nice pair of $300 headphones and you are cool. And from the sales numbers that are huge and keep soaring, these expensive yet awesome headphones may soon become the “norm”.
8. Work Boots-Mainly Reddish Brown for this Fall..well not actually in HI yet..it took uggs about 8 years before I saw them on people in Waikiki. But I gotta include work boots because I’ve been seeing them everywhere else I look.
What are you seeing in the streetz where you live? or on the net or mags? What’s Hot Where you at? LMK
Coming Soon to streetzblog.com-Some of the best Kicks for Halloween! oh Yeah! My favorite Holiday is almost here.
Hit me up on the comments section or email me at: Alohabros@gmail.com Have a nice weekend!
Wow-Just one day after I wrote about the Deadmau5 Jersey and the funky Rave sneaks, I found the “real deal” Deadmau5 kicks on one of my favorite French websites-Shoes-Up . These kicks are from Puma and Deadmau5 himself. The Shoe and apparel line will be available throughout Europe Beginning August 1st. The “Real Deal” Deadmau5 collection is inspired by elektro parties, vibrant elektro colors and of course the iconic Deadmau5 BIG ol’ mouse head. According to Shoes-Up Magazine the kicks and clothes will be available at Foot Locker, but looks like only in Europe, We’ll keep an eye out for them for you here on streetzblog and let you know if you can buy em’ on line or if Foot Locker gets a batch of gear for us stateside.