Category Archives: runway
Fendi Menswear Spring/Summer 2023. Streamed June 2022 from Roma, Italy
The Men’s show’s are coming at us all of a sudden, fast & furious. And pretty sure this is the first Fendi show we’ve ever reviewed. No reason, this one I just happened to see a on my IG live then re-watched it on YouTube.
Nice to see, there’s no play on post pandemic/post apocalyptic worlds. Instead, we have plenty of Nice festive colors, bold and plentiful logos, 3/4 length shorts that flow oh so perfectly, the color ORANGE, and some fun logo’d bucket hats & pants.
Let’s check out the Highlights and Lowlights:
- Black & Grey logo’d Fendi Bucket Hats and Pants
- The Floating Fendi F’s in the sky below the ceiling-Quite spectacular
- Orange! I’m a sucker for anything Orange and there’s a couple nice pieces in the show
- 70’s Leather Jacket
- 3/4 length perfectly flowing sweetly tailored shorts-One of may all time favorite pants. Just below the knee and kinda’ baggy. I could wear those every day.
- The infrared Liquid Sky beginning, gives the show a Bold, Colorful vibe even before the show started
- The Black and the orange Jacket/shirt. Those are a must cop
- The Music-Adds a nice Pop to the show
- Cut off jeans-Ugh will probably cost $800 or more. Just make your own. Pretty easy to make a #realfake on these
- Way too short shorts
- Vinyl brown Pants and the shimmering brownish gold pants
- Khaki’s-I believe khaki’s don’t belong in this world at all. And would never wear them, unless my boss made me
- And maybe a few of the bags-Possibly if I lived in Italy, they would look more stylish
See you on the streetz…of Italy this week! (June 2022)
Interesting how such a big brand ended up on the island of Oahu. I saw on their IG that they would be here one day before the runway show. Next I knew, they were here and did their show. Amazing how they can get the photos so crisp and clean. Suspect they used real cameras and not iPhones. It does show you what is possible.
Celebs in attendance and on Island in March 2022: Sza, Nicole Scherzinger, Jhene Aiko, Bretman Rock and Blackpink’s Jennie. Strange I haven’t seen anyone around town this week. Maybe they are staying on the North Shore?
Not gonna do Highlights and Lowlights for this show, will just show you the pix from the Show: Hopefully it will add some warmth and color to your world today.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Baleniciaga 360 Show Winter 22 Collection
Wowza! Demna is on fire and as cold as ice.
The Balenicaga show is set in a monochromatic cavernous area, maybe a hockey rink? With man made snow drenching each and every model as they try and traverse the complicated terrain. Inching ever closer to the promised land. Dressed in blacked out everything-shirt, jacket, pants, boots, cap and sunglasses. With the white snow, the blacks pop so ever nicely.
They have slick extra wet hair to match their surroundings as they push further into the exterior boundaries, fleeting through their snowy escape, to some-where and no-wear. Drawing on the past of Demna’s experience in the 1993 Russia x Georgia war, brings this show into the here and now with what is happening in Ukraine.
On a happier note, I can’t wait until we see people paying $1,500 for their own Balenciaga Garbage Bag. Be it in Black, White, Powder Blue..or I could even see a limited edition version done up with the yellow and black Balenciaga caution tape. Now, that would be a bag to have. And will make Balenciaga an even bigger bag filled to the brim with cashola!
To get the look on the cheap will be super easy, unlike other replicants that can take months to make, you just need some standard Hefty bags and some oversized sunglasses.
In a way I missed seeing what the crowd was wearing, but at the same time, it didn’t matter much with a show this extraordinary.
The show is brilliant, amazing, emotional, in the now, pure genius level idea and execution.
This is not just a show of clothes or a great setting in the snow. It’s a moving, emotional portrayal of what some are going through or witnessing in their worlds right now. (March 2022)
- The triple Blacked out black on black on black clothing and accessories
- Black and Yellow Balenciaga Caution Tape
- The setting and the music
- The man-made SNOW!
- The models method acting their walks..some off balance, some even looked a bit tipsy, wonder if anyone fell?
- The oversized sunglasses, chokers and earrings. Loud and Big, great to show off in
- Quadruple pocket shirts
- Bellowing black Goth Capes
- The Garbage bags: It will be fun to see who purchases their thousand dollar Kitchen bag
- The Frilly fringe textured pant suit
- Dangling western wear strands of materials
- Awkward over sized black boots. That snow is gonna go straight into them, making your feet very wet and cold
- The Garbage bags: Will people really carry these around? The answer is YES, they will and they will pay $1500 or more to do it. Hopefully they will add some gold Balenciaga garnishes to the finished product
Music: Like 3 chapters in a book or 3 phases of a speech, the music adds to the ambiance of the event. It’s an element that is needed to convey the message and vibe of the show full circle.
David Kadouch-Slavonic Dances in E Minor: Beautiful poignant classical music. Filling the senses with serenity and peace
BRFND-360: Some hard core techno to blast you out of your arm chair to take action in your life world and affairs.
BFRND-Storm: Slightly cheesy 90’s rave culture. Lets get to the promised land now to be happy. Or be happy now wherever you are, whatever you are doing. Its your mind that puts you into your emotion, not the outside circumstances. Be happy now wherever you are, even in the midst of chaos, war or a bad snow storm.
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future!
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future! What did you think of the show? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Stark and Dark Just the way we like Rick
January 20, 2022 #Parisfashionweek2022 #PFW22 #Rickowens
It’s nice to see that Rick’s clothing is back to mostly black again. Such a relief from all those colors over the last couple shows. The show has a Gothic bondage vibe with modern cuts and aesthetics. I am sure the show woulda been even better with some real Bau Haus, Rotersand and Siouxsie tunes mixed into the soundtrack. I’m tempted to make a new soundtrack for the show.
Haunting black silhouettes with exaggerated shoulder pads, draping that hits the floors, giant KISS boots and some kicks that look like they will be winners highlighted the show. Stark and Dark would capture the mood to a tee. Strobes added mystery and helped the 3M pop nicely.
- Back in Black
- Grey plaid
- 3M Jacket
- Black puffer with zipped up hood
- Extra long hoodie with the white writing on it
- Kiss boots
- Cool Kicks
- Disjointed clothing
- The feathery stuff
- Low dragging clothes. I keep thinking that slush will be all over them
- The Soundtrack
- Candlestick caps. But see the video below the fashion show, and see someone who could use the 2 candlesticks glowing in the night
- That shiny black cheap looking material with the squares on it. Not need for it
Here is somebody who could of used the Candlestick Cap. I bet the car would have seen her with the two prongs on her head.
What did you think of the show, let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Editors Note 1/21/22: So this is super strange, I found a newer video of the show with better HD quality of the clothes. And guess what? It’s not Bau Haus on the Soundtrack, but close enough!. Sisters of Mercy lend their voices of LIGHT to the STROBE runway Show. Gives the show an extra punch of suspenseful, eerie, Goth Glam. Enjoy!
DSQUARED2 Spring/Summer 2022 Men’s and Women’s Runway Show-September 26, 2022
DSQUARED2 brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2022. The Clothes, the setting and the music all provided an entertaining event. But Dang! Tonight I missed sewing class. Worked on a WORK project from 5p-8p. I never miss sewing class, that is sacred time for me. Takes me forever to complete a project and missing a week throws me all off base. I bring up class because I know how hard it is to make those custom patch Jeans and cargo’s. It’s probably worth your $700-$1200 that they may charge for them. A lot of work goes into that fit
I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Up-Beat, Fun, Driving the show Forward, with some interesting intrinsic hidden meanings that matched the clothes. If you hear it a few times, you may notice it. Very nice music! The show gives us a vibe from the 1990’s Club Kid Era with modern cuts and colors appropriate for the “hopeful” Post Pandemic world we should be in Spring/Summer 2022
The show brought joy and fun to the Runway. Some dope pants for both Men and Women, all three, the cargo’s, jeans and the sliced and diced chrome collection. Oversized green camo with bright Orange Linings-A never miss duo. That’s in my top 10 for sure. The black boots with white laces and the overall vibe of the show was very positive and entertaining from start to finish. I may cut my air like the Asian man model. And did that shirt really say Boy Bitch on it!! LOL BTW: Not sure what the song is called, here is the info on who provided it @adrianoalboni But as of 9/29/21 there are no posts on his IG site. A great time for him to get noticed, but I guess he wants to stay UG (Underground) If any one knows the name of the tune, please let us know in the comments section below
As per usual, we watch the show, then do the Highlights and the Lowlights. Here they are for the DSQAURED2 S/S 2022 show:
- Green Camo with bright Orange Linings
- the Music My favorite part of the show
- Black Combat boots with white laces
- Ripped Chrome Mens and Womens pants. Especially the Bronze colorway
- Greenish Blue cargos. Not exactly sure of the color but I’d rock them
- the Graffiti
- Patch Jeans and Patch cargos
- White Cargos with black stripe
- the Club Kid Crown
- Butterfly wings on the guys
- Shorts just about 2.2 inches too short
- they walked way to fast for my brain to catch up with the clothes
- the Club Kid Crown…yep it made both categories. Kinda nice Ode to Michael Alig (RIP) and the NYC Club kids, but also looked a bit flimsy and it’s always been too dorky for my taste
And if you want to see how far DSQUARED2 has traveled and progressed, see the F/W 2012-13 show below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Spring-Summer 2022. Clones collection.
This is a show that needs to be watched at least 5x to see the many hidden and blatant meanings, musings, messaging and of course the clothing. Are the clothes on the models the clothes? Or maybe the collection is on the attendees all dressed in black. What is real? What is fake? Are those really Balenciaga bags with the Gucci pattern? So many different things going on. Its like a Where’s Waldo book for the fashionista. Take a look and see what you see? I suspect everyone sees something different.
The Matrix, Sisters of Mercy hairdo’s and shades, That one lady who looks like a robot, That other lady in black that never moves, The iPhones swaying side to side in unison. What do you see? Let us know in the comments section.
The world was opening, then it went a bit mad, now it’s time to stock up on supplies. Will we enter Mad Max Fury Road territory or can we hang on long enough to make it to promised land of Oz? Who knows what the world brings us in 2022. At least we can watch this a few more times to escape some of the things that may come our way.
As we always do on Runway shows, here are the Highlights and Lowlights of the show:
- Mirrored winged sunglasses with an ode to the lead singer of Sisters of Mercy
- The banging music
- The French prologue
- This is not a Gucci bag, it’s a Balanciaga that looks just like a Gucci bag
- The Simpsons hoodie (All sporting Balenciaga gear) Might want to pause it to see what they are wearing
- The Footlocker Balenciaga shopping bag. It’s probably $800 or more.
- That black hoodie with Orange lettering. My favorite colors.
- 90’s updated exaggerated Cyber-Goth pants
- Oversized bathrobe dresses
- That oversized puffer look we continue to see on the Runway
- The sadness on some of the models faces
- Shirts tucked into pants. All stuffy looking. Yikes!
- The red upside down chandelier dress
- That frilly black thing dangling on the models foot
- The show was too short
Balenciaga Clones Collection:
Demna Gvasalia declared:
“It’s a deep fake of a fashion show,” “What we see online is not what it is. What’s real and what’s fake?”
But no one was “there” and no one is “real.” “It’s a show that never happened,” “But the clothes are real; they were made.
Info provided by vogue.com June 2021
The show notes from vogue.com let us know that they used all of these futuristic applications to make the Runway show:
Have you ever even heard of some of the words above? How did you like/dislike the show? Will you purchase a Balenciaga/Gucci bag? What did you see that the Streetzblog missed? Favorite look? What was real what wasn’t? What will our world be like in 2022? Let us know in the comments below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Haute Couture F/W 2021-22 July 7, 2021
Balenciaga at 10 Avenue Georges V
The Major hype surrounding this show was who attending it and what were they wearing! Especially what was Kanye up to? He had on that funky YZYGAP round puffer jacket in the color black-the same one that was on sale for a few hundred bucks in bright sky blue a few weeks ago. It looked a bit better in black, but still has no zipper or buttons to keep you warm. Then he had his entire face covered with a mask. And to top it off, he wore Adidas Yeezy’s (Foam RNNR’s) with NIKE socks, totally freaking out most snearkerheads. Also in attendance were: James Harden who is now on the board at Saks 5th Avenue. Lil Baby. And a few others listed below.
- Kanye West
- James Harden
- Lil Baby
- Anna Wintour
- Bella Hadid
- Lewis Hamilton-Formula One Driver
Here’s two vids of the celebs arriving. Giving you a feel of the hype surrounding this special Balenciaga Couture Runway Show. Kanye West made a very impressive entrance.
Lil Baby and James Harden had a bit of a run-in with the Paris police a bit later in the night after the show. Something about some funky smells in and around their town car. They seem to be doing alright now.
This was the first Balenciaga Haute Couture Show since 1967. Talk about pressure for the former co-founder of Vetements – Demna Gvasalia. Who took the helm of Creative Director in 2015 succeeding Alexander Wang.
I’m not sure how the show could reach expectations set at such a high level, 50+ years since the last couture show of an amazing brand with such a high pedigree of excellence. Luckily the the success of the Balenciaga sock runner and Triple S sneakers, along with many of the NBA rocking the Balenciaga brand across their chest, made this show right in time with the times. A perfect storm moment to bring back Couture at Balanciaga.
As you’ll notice, some of it is quite wearable and some mostly for the show and art of the day. Especially those domed mushroom hats. They are quite extravagant, but unless you’re going to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, very unwearable.
There is NO music in the Runway show, an ode to the 1950’s + 60’s when Cristobal Balanciaga wanted the clothes to do the talking, walking and rocking. In 2021 it gave us an eerie/scary vibe, some coughs and weird crunching of the clothing. I would have MUCH preferred a Techno + Lounge + a bit of Industrial dance soundtrack. Maybe next time? One could hope!
The clothes featured giant, exaggerated tailoring. Oversized Suits and Bathrobes. Extra Wide shoulders. Faux Fur. Precise and obscure cuts of clothing. Along with a multitude of slicked hair, Coolio cornrows, Tom Cruise eye masks and a sleek black mushroom shaped chapeau pour votre tete.
Could have had more black outfits. But Demna likes his bright yellows, pinks and greens. There’s a bit of underground Vetements humor in the collection, but a bit more classic Balanciaga. Although the long + elongated black suits are probable a bit more Vetements. They are cut nice, but wearing one of those suits to a dinner event would make it hard to eat without getting sauce on your clothes. And some cuts too large and obtruce, they reminded me a bit of a child wearing their moms or dads shoes or clothes.
Having the Kanye hype helped and all in all quite: Fierce and French. A Gothic Paradise, not quite, maybe a Haute Couture version of a Goth in Paris? It was quite an endeavor to take on and do as well as was done. A grande tribute to the past and present it was. Enjoy with a couple bottles of Veuve Clicquot and some macarons and you’ll be good to go!
Demna Gvasalia summed up the day with this quote:
We cannot only look into the future. We have to look into the past to see where we’re going,” he said. “Clothes have a psychological impact on me. I realized they make me happy—and I realized that’s the purpose of fashion. It’s not about the frenzy and buzz—and the white noise, I call it, of the digital mayhem we’re living through. The essence of it is my passion and the tools. I realized that couture is the best way to manifest it. And this is what really turns me on.”Demna Gvasalia
See Rotersand’s OG Gothic Paradise video prepared by Sniper Wells below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
AFTERWORLD: The Age of Tomorrow. Balenciaga Fall 2021
As we emerge from our cocoons of 2020 we’ll find some things the same yet many changed. Some futuristic, a bit of retro-vintage, Rave culture, maybe a bit of the Roaring 20s. This video filmed as a video game shows many of the trends to expect as we emerge from home bound to a combo of home and outta bound.
The more you watch this video the more you’ll see. Here are a few of the key takeaways:
- Your Avatar image melding into your Real Image of yourself. We’ll see people on the streetz looking more and more like their Zombie killer, Prince and Princess, Farmer, Cyber-Punk video game avatar. The imagined becomes real very quickly.
- Functional Tech-Wear: Less about showing off the features. But building in the sweat wicking, multi pocket, rain resistant clothing. The incorporation of the tech without showing it off.
- 90’s Rave Culture, as see in one of the Zones on the video. Neon Greens, Pinks and Orange. Mixed in with sombre blacks. Its either gonna be a 90s Rave, a 1960’s Psychedelic experience or a Roaring 20’s kind of year for some. Especially for the 16-30 year olds.
- Virtual Reality + Real Reality with a touch of Augmented Reality melding into ONE. Goes a bit back to the Avatar mentioned above. And Richard Branson going to space. Things will move, meld, change from the unreal life to the real faster than anyone could ever Imagine.
You’re sure to find even more hidden gems inf the Vid. Check out the Balenciaga Video Game Runway show below and let us know the trends you see in the comments section below. See you on the the Real Streetz…very soon!
Jacuemus: Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway Show
The Jacquemus Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway show takes you on a colorful ride through a Teletubby land filled with Bright Orange, Florescent Pink, Bold yet Light Blue and some nice requisite deep dark monochromatic black. Complete with both menswear and womenswear rocked by super models including Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid.
From the Mountains to the cover of Vogue to the Athleisure bondage bedroom. Jacquemus takes you on a journey thru a multitude of colorful clothing and beautiful people. Giving us a look into the post pandemic Summer of Love Candy Land filled with non-stop Parties.
France’s Simon Porte Jacquemus coed collection can be seen below and pre-purchased now (7/2/21) on their website. Utilizing the pre-order formula, made to take care of the environment while maximizing profits. Just Like Travis Scott and McDonald’s did with their “streetwear” collection.
See the Highlights and the Lowlights and the Video of the full show below:
- Bright Orange and Bright Pink-Love that color combo
- Faux Green Lawn & Faux Blue Sky ala 1990’s Teletubbies TV show
- Shag haircuts + Corn Rows
- Zip upon Zipper Layering-Pretty Dope Effect
- The clean flow + fit of the thin fluescent fabrics
- Athleisure Bondage Vibe
- Tinie Tiny Purses + Big Bold Colorful Backpacks
- The Risque Sexy Ibizaesque Women’s Tops-Bound to sell-out
- Vibrant Colors taking us to into the Summer of Love Post Pandemic Party
- Baggy Brown Cowboy Pants
- Pink Skull cap hood like hat
- Flip-Flop cap ala Underdog
- Thick brown long skirt
- Men’s too tight black and grey striped and orange biker shorts
- Too many different themes
What do you think of the Runway Show? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
The Ocean, the Beach + Rick Owens
Rick Owens Runway Show Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2021/22
The New Normal is a Nickel Plated Slate Grey Dystopian World-SM
Rick takes us to a deserted beach in the middle of Winter to show his post covid collection of super long sleeves, Multi Mega ripped cat suits, and clunky heeled boots. The bone skinny models fitted in comfy down jackets, saunter flawlessly across the stark cement runway. While small cold waves crash into the sand. Can you feel the chill? Ready for Dystopian Chic Blade Runner gentrification?
For some reason, many of the Highs are also the Lows. Listed below are the Highlights and Lowlights. See you at the Beach!
- The setting. A built in Runway surrounded by the cold ocean at a beach with No people
- Behind the Scenes action. Fun to see the crew getting the models ready to walk
- The Music: Fit the cold stark eerie mood of the setting
- Greys and Blacks
- The PInk Hair. It could have been more spectacular with some popcorn yellow, bleached blue and neon green. Like every 4th person would have been pretty cool to do
- The Multi -Mega ripped catsuit and dress
- Blade Runner Dystopian Theme throughout
- The Giant shoulder pads
- Aqua sequins
- Behind the Scenes acting up. The people were all too stressed out and moving too quickly. The show was doing fine with a nice mellow feel, then they acted like it was the end of the world.
- The Music: Could have added in a bit of Drum and Base and mixed it up a bit
- The skirts that flowed out at the knee
- Bellowing smoke at the tip of the runway