Category Archives: runway
Goodwill Goes Glam Runway Show
Thursday July 20, 2017
Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
The Goodwill Goes Glam Runway Show kicks off the Glam shopping weekend. When Goodwill takes over the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall to sell some super excellent used and new goods with the proceeds going to Goodwill’s Education and Employment Training Programs.
This is the 6th Annual GLAM! Fashion show utilizing some pretty awesome fashion finds found at Goodwill. This year’s presentation takes you on a 40 year adventure divided into 5 sections: Generation, Retrospective, Transformation, Moments & Confessions.
After the Show, you could shop the Runway looks along with a special section of Kaypee Soh pieces and with a good eye, you could nab some great designer duds at inexpensive prices.
This year’s presentation was produced by award-winning artist and designer Kaypee Soh. Along with co producers Amy Azada, Rene Rodriguez and my friend who got us in as VIP; Amanda Stevens. (Rolanda, Mina, Kat and I all Thank You for the terrific seats & invite to this special GLAM! Fashion Show). Hair & Make-Up: Paul Brown & Jonathan Freitas.
Shown below are pictures from the Show. You’ll see some Glamorous Glitter, Pop Art Colors, a bit of Camo and even some Dark Goth eclectic pieces. It’s pretty unbelievable what one can do with some creative minds, a bit of fancy hair and makeup with Goodwill clothes. definitely very GLAM!
Goodwill Goes Glam Fashion Show 2017
Sexy & Colorful!
Sweet Mint Green Jacket with matching Mickey/Minnie Ears. More Color and our first male model of the evening.
Camo, Stripes and Big Bags. Very On-Trend for July 2017.
The Glitz, The Glamour, the Big Bags and the Sparkling Golden GLITTER!
Glitterama! And as the pix below show it was nice and shiny IRL BTW: The S/S Mens Commes Des Garcons has some pretty good-looking Glittery baggy shorts for guys. Will we see all this glitter and glamour on the Streetz?
The Red Dress was pretty incredible and dramatic. Some darkness lurking, and a lot of pieces of clothing put together to become a dress worn by a super happy model.
Darkness with the white and Black Gothic wedding vibe. Then Pop Art brings the show to a close with a Nice, Bright, Playful, Avant-Garde, Colorful themed Finale.
The Finale. Pix of Kaypee Soh and Amanda. (You can also watch a video of the finale on the @streetzpix Instagram)
Big Score of the Night. BAPE’s and Black patent PRADA Hi-Tops, both in my size! Later this week, I’ll show you the total haul. I’m glad I had a pre set budget. Putting back things was much harder than grabbing them. And sure am glad I’ve had practice at NY Sample sales. One more minute and someone else would have had both of these kicks!
*Seen on site at the Runway Show: Mayor Kirk Caldwell, Project Runway’s Kini Zimora, Dawn Amano-Ige, & Grace Lee with Steve Uyehara.
**The Shopping continues Saturday July 22nd and Sunday July 23rd at the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall. If you’re on Oahu, I’d suggest checking it out. They also have food, a selfie zone and other fun things to play, see and do.
***All pix taken by Streetzblog with an iPhone 6s. Take whatever you like and share with the world. ****Kinda’ went with the ultra secret app with the blur filter…
See you on the Streetz…Blog.
Simons on the Blade Runner Streetz
Raf Simons x Blade Runner
Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2018 (June 12, 2017 New York City)
The Raf Simons Runway show wasn’t so much about the clothes as the spectacle of the moment. Set under the Manhattan Bridge with stench from dead fish, humidity and a definite Blade Runner Vibe, it was more like a show than a presentation of what to wear in Spring 2018.
That’s totally cool on my end. This is a Runway show, I would have enjoyed making the music for and tweaking some of the clothes even further into an even more dramatic war torn Dystopian future. Loved the setting, the swirling oil infused neon water, New Order and Joy Division references and the whole feel of the event.
Nice Job Raf!
- The Black 3/4 length pants
- The New Order inspired Chinese lanterns. There’s even a New Order graphic attached to a jacket if you look closely.
- Music matched nicely
- Reflective, oil infused Neon water
- Over-Sized sweaters
- Patent Black Back Packs. You can never go wrong with patent black anything
- ASAP Rocky and Julianne Moore were there
- I still can’t get used to that see thru vinyl many of the designers have been using. At least this time, it wasn’t the clothes, just the umbrellas. Still gives me that Jason Bateman from American Psycho feeling. #scary
- The clothes could have pushed the envelope 2-3x further into the future. Pretty close to 2018-2020, could have gone to 2032-2045.
- The hats are a bit too Ol’ man Field and Stream.
- White Raincoat. You’re just asking for trouble on that one!
Blade Runner 2019 from 1982
You can see the street influences and vibes of the Runway show from this Blade Runner trailer. Especially the many, many umbrella’s and the Beijing street market influences.
Blade Runner 2049 coming October 6, 2017
You won’t want to miss the next installment of Blade Runner. Hopefully we’ll finally find out if Harrison Ford is a Replicant or Human!!! See more about the movie here
Is Harrison Ford a replicant? See you on the Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Streetz! (I hope)
SASSY-Definition: Possessing the attitude of someone endowed with ungodly amount of Cool
The video below is the Yohji Yamamoto men’s 2018 spring/summer runway show in Paris on June 22, 2017. Once again, Double Y delivers the goods. Exquisite flow of the tops & bottoms, the appropriate amount of the color black, clothes so comfy looking you may sleep in them, & loose, flowing draped perfectly silhouettes.
Listed below are the Highlights & Lowlights along with the video of the Runway Show. Enjoy!
- The Duo layer on the bottom of the pants
- Super comfortable
- The crisp, clean lines on the straight legged black pants
- Writing on the right side of the jackets to match the left side of the pants
- Baggy, cropped, yet nicely tailored and very comfy black bottoms
- Deconstructed, Reconstructed suit jackets. Some with splotches of paint
- Silver Zippers, oversized Silver chains, and more sweet silver acruements
- Fluid, flow, & fun
- The music is a big off. The Clothes really don’t even need music, they are so good, but they would really sing better with some Loungy-Techno-House.
- The Blues, the off whites and the reds.
Next post will be the finished product of the Mercer Cred Double Cargo Pocket Pants made by Streetzblog for the Fall 2017 collection. See you on the Streetz!
Off White c/o Virgil Abloh Spring Summer Menswear 2018
As I’m on the homestretch to complete my Fall 2017 5 piece collection with 3 done so far, OFF WHITE c/o Virgil Abloh is already showing his Spring/Summer 2018 collection on June 15, 2017.
Below is the video of the Runway show. And listed below are Streetzblog’s Highlights and Lowlights:
- Great Background: The letters literally morph into each other to form abstract sentences. If you watch carefully enought, there are plenty of interesting stories and hidden meanings
- Reflective stripe: Many of the pants have a vertical stripe on the bottom of the pants leg. Very catchy and keeps with the brand image.
- The camouflage collection: Some nice pieces here. Jacket, pants and they had fun with the orange word tag that you see at Raves these days.
- The Kicks: My eye caught some nice white kicks with fluorescent orange accents and a nice pair of black, white and orange hi-tops.
- Orange Accents: On the right hand sleeve, I dig these and what wear.
- The Music: Not nearly as banging as it could be. Pretty much the same sounding operatic music throughout.
- Cluttered clothing: I have enough clutter in my house, I don’t need to wear it on the streetz.
- The Man Midriff: Not one of my favs, but starting to trend pretty hard at the shows & IRL.
- See through White: A bit scary looking, like a hospital or Meat Butcher vibe.
See you on the Streetz!
STAMPD 2017 Fall/Winter Runway Show
LA based brand STAMPD brought their A game to Men’s NY Fashion Week in February 2017. The Show entitled Asphalt Wave saw the STAMPD brand bring us a very nice silver bomber, a hint of electric color with the Yellow Hoodie and a bit of a 90’s retro look to the black plaid Shirt/Black Jacket and pants.
STAMPD brought us some of the best bomber jackets of 2015 with the various renditions of the Strapped jacket. The Silver jacket keeps them in the forefront of the 3 or more year trend of the bomber.
And staying true to their roots, kept a lot of the collection with their Black & White color palette. And looks like the cropped pants will continue into late 2017, maybe even 2018 from this show and others seen at the latest Men’s NY Fashion Week. The trend I’m noticing most is a higher crop, with more bulk to the legs.
Keeping to STAMPD’s street vibe, they didn’t do the traditional Runway show. Instead the dudes stood like mannequins on the floor and the attendees could walk around them to check out the new threads.
A bit of Graff and various textures and exotic materials added some newness to the STAMPD aesthetic.
And similar to the STAMPD/Daniel Patrick/Kanye West collections, kept the Nomadic Pre Apocalyptic street look going with this oversized layered grey piece. Probably my favorite look of the collection.
- As I see the title, I imagine skateboarding through the streetz of LA. With the title giving a nod to skate culture of the 90’s. Yet, the collection isn’t all 90’s so there’s most likely double meaning to the title. Asphalt gives a skater a much smoother glide than concrete. Yet waves can be smooth or pretty tumultuous. Looking way too much into the title. Maybe Chris Stamp is looking towards a hopeful Smooth 2017 with already known possibility of havoc on the way.
- Various sites on the web are giving Asphalt Wave gives reference to the Rap and Hip Hop vibe of the 00’s.
- Other sites mention the 90’s & the 00’s time periods.
- Or maybe, it just sounds cool and looks rad in gothic scripted Ink on various sleeves of black long sleeve shirts and trenches.
- Just one day (2/6/17) after I wrote this blog. STAMPD posted this information on what Asphalt Wave means on their IG. They must have been reading Streetzblog!
Fans of the brand and Celebs in Attendance
Fans of the STAMPD brand include: Kanye West, Nick Jonas, Usher, Justin Beiber, Will.i.am and Meek Mill.
Public School’s Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne, Hip Hop’s Ja Rule and Fabolous were all at the show.
See you on the Asphalt Streetz!
Off White Goes off the Street
High End Street Wear Brand Off White known for their diagonal/Slant stripes and the word WHITE on the backs of shirts, usually in a Black and White Color-Way. Goes off the path a bit in their latest Fall-Winter 2017 Runway Show.
There are lots of Vans inspired Checks, Flowing/Swaying with the wind clothes, various colored denim and a few nice shirts with the diagonal/slant design and White on back long-sleeved shirts, made out of an exquisite fluffy type of material.
I suspect it was time to shuffle things up a bit. But with all the sold out standard Tees unavailable. I would have gone at least another year of the standard issue Off White branded diagonal stripes with the big WHITE on back shirts and pants. *With all the Sold-Out Off White clothing out there, might be tempted to get a $86 Knock off on Ebay, but the sellers seem a bit sketchy. Sizing is xs-XL and says most shirts fit all. That sounds pretty whackety Whack. So, maybe I’ll never get an Off White Shirt if the trend continues with things like this Runway Show.
We shall see if these looks catch on as HOT as all their other shirts and pants did over the last few years. In NY Dec 2015, Off White was the Biggest brand I noticed in NYC. This Year, Dec, 2016, what I saw most were those super long, most likely very warm, tres expensive Canada Goose jackets in Dark Blue. LInes down the street at their store and people grabbing for them right and left at Bloomies.
- The Long Sleeve Diagonal print with WHITE on back shirts with the fluffy material.
- The Bomber Jacket with the Orange block square pattern.
- The Music: Very spot on with the spoken word, underground Hip-Hop and Jazz, ambient soundtrack. It sounded exactly like 2 restaurants I ate in NY in December 2016. Seems like the world is going toward more of a background underground mix than the blazing EDM and banging industrial of the last couple years.
- The long plaid Men’s Jacket.
- The Vans inspired checkered shirts and pants. Let Vans do Vans. Let Off White do Off White. The limited Edition Chrome Hearts x Off White Tees at Christmas were also Vans inspired. Were a direct take off of their logo. Somethings going on with the 2 companies. Hmm
- The flowing/Swaying materials and vibe. Felt a bit old-fashioned not forward fashion.
- The lack of the standard Diagonal/Slant Designs with the word WHITE on back.
- The funny colored Denim.
- And the leave prints. I can go to Wal-Mart for some Leave imprinted camo for $49 instead of what will most likely be $490.
- Baggy pants. This is a trend I see a lot in menswear. I liked the drop crotch look, I liked the fitted suits, but me, I think I would look funny in baggie pants with wide leg holes. Maybe a 22 year old could pull it off, but I doubt it would work for me.
What do you think of the New Direction of Off White? Feeling it? Or not? Let us know in the comment section.
See you on the Streetz! This week I finally have a Saturday off, so hopefully hitting the beach, sleeping a bit and maybe some Yoga or even Chanting…if I get the courage to go to it.
Public School Update-June 2016
Public School NY/PSNY hit the runway on Tuesday June 7th with a combined Male/Female Spring 2017 RTW show. Not only did they show off their new creations, but both Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne wore the upcoming Public School x Air Jordan Low Swooshless kicks.
The low-cut sneaks have a high-end pebble leather upper, a white midsole, yellow sole and the color for the Olympics 2016-GOLD in the stitching, outsole and Nike Air Tongue Tag. No matter what they look like, I guarantee you they will sell quickly, most likely on the PSNY website later in 2016.
The Runway show had some nice mixtures of textures and colorings. Utilizing the iconic Black,White and Grey color scheme. Adding in some Forest Green and Beige. And don’t miss the new high-tops coming our way in Spring 2017.
My favorite look is this WNL mesh shirt and groovy slant grooved textured cut up trousers.
Many looks have the WNL – We Need Leaders patches and wording throughout the collection.
And some nice Electric Yellow intermixed with the black, grey, white, beige, green and just a bit of blue. And did you notice the guys in the white jumpsuits with the electric rubber yellow plumbing/dishwashing gloves whacking away at the cinder blocks? Probably some sort of message they’re sending us? Or just having some Public School Fun? Maybe shop class? What do you think?
See all the looks at here at Vogue. *All Pictures courtesy of Public School and vogue.com. I missed the show in person, was at sewing school.
Here’s a sneak peak at my latest creation. So Far, I’ve spent 21 hours, surging, pinning, cutting, inseaming, deseaming, pressing, and sewing. I hope to show the process and finished piece by June 21st. If you see it on the streetz..blog on the 21st you know they’re done, if not still working on them. Whew! *One day I will look back at some of these creations and be able to finish them in half the time or better.
See you on the Streetz..this weekend at Waikiki Beach checking out the GIANT waves!
Star-Studded NYC Premiere of Zoolander 2 Does Not Disappoint
Tuesday February 9, 2016. Lincoln Center. Manhattan, NY
The Premiere of the highly anticipated Zoolander 2 kicked off with a Runway Show featuring many HOT designers latest clothes including Derek’s favorite La Maison De Valentino. Ben, Owen, Will, Penelope along with Gigi Hadid Lineisy Montero & a few others, hit the Runway prior to the Premiere at Lincoln Center in NYC. Skrillix provided the Bangin’ Beats for the Movie & Model Star studded Runway.
They wore some of the World’s favorite designer brands including: Valentino, Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, and Tommy Hilfiger.
Justin Theroux who plays the Evil DJ in Zoolander and Zoolander 2 was in full blown character, barely recognizable as Jen Aniston’s typically sauve husband. Just look at him! Way over the Top attempting to wear all the trendy items of the moment all at once. Supreme x Jordan, Many Gold Chains, Zoo York, Extra long Dread locks, Gold Jeremy Scott winged Adidas kicks, Back-Pack, Headphones, The obligatory meggings, Even the half shorts half skirt trend from last weeks NYFW16-Men’s shows. About all he’s missing is an over sized puffy jacket and some strapped pants. Check him out below:
Here are the many Super-Stars in attendance at the Premiere:
- Ben Stiller
- Owen Wilson
- Penelope Cruz
- Will Ferrell
- Kristin Wiig
- Justin Theroux
- Gigi Hadid
- Billy Zane
- Adriana Lima
- Jennifer Aniston
- Susan Sarandon
- Milla Jovovich
- Kendall Jenner
- Kris Jenner
- Naomi Campbell
- SooJoo Park
- Erin Heatherton
- Lineisy Montero
- Stella Maxwell
- Imaan Hammam
- Martha Hunt
- Alexander Wang
- Marc Jacobs
- Tommy Hilfiger
- And Even Anna Wintour!
Below are some more pix from the event all courtesy of Instagram. How bout’ Kendall Jenner nailing the infamous look! All of this blog posting is about the festivities prior to the movie. Wonder how the movie was? And I sure bet the after-party was spectacular! Oh, I so much would have loved to be at this. Shoulda’ put it on my bucket list. There’s Still Zoolander 3, I still have chance! Have a nice rest of the week! See you on the Streetz of HI.
STAMPD FW16 NYFW Presentation (2/2/16)
STAMPD debuted The New Soldier FW16 collection at their first NYFWM presentation on February 2nd 2016 with 20 new military influenced looks.
The models rose on pedestals above swirling fog at Platform 3 at Skylight Clarkson North. The presentation was collab’d with Brooklyn’s Snarkitecture creative team. Snarkitecture BTW recently did a sold out collab with Beats By Dre. And Chris Stamp recently starred in a video with Beats By Dre. Kinda get where I’m going? Yep, gotta’ be a Stamp x Beats by Dre Headphone or 2 on the way soon.
STAMPD had some of the best bomber jackets in 2015 with their back and arm straps. Looks like they’re taking the brand to the NXT LVL with the NYFWM presentation. Here’s a few pix from their blog:
There’s a Quad pocket bomber with a removable wool lining coming our way in FW 2016. And check out these kicks from STAMPD x Filling Pieces:
I’m a big fan of Black and slate grey clothes. Thus, most of the collection has a streetzblog stamp of approval. The neutrals or camel colors I could easily pass on. Although, the burnt red shorts are kinda’ tempting. Pretty nice overall presentation on everything. Looks like a fun event to have seen live!
On the video that I watched with Chris Stamp and Beats by Dre, Chris Stamp mentions his clothing being called Avant Street or Contemporary and ends the vid with Welcome to the Future. After seeing many of the FW 2016 Men’s collections, I’d say the future has arrived this year more than ever!
Fall 2016 School’s in Session
Maxwell Osborne, Dao-Yi Chow & Their Brand Public School sneakily staged a special Inside-Outside Runway Show on Day 1 of Mens NYFW February 2, 2016. PSNY took to the streetz staging a runway outside of Milk Studios in NY. The runway displayed the Fall 2016 Men’s Collection to the public, then circled inside to show the pieces to the media and celebs in attendance. (Celebrities at the show included: Hip-Hop Artist: Fabolous, Producer Extraordinaire: Swizz Beats Instagram Fashion Man of the Moment: Nick Wooster and New York Giants: Victor Cruz.
The designers took inspiration from the movie entitled, The Man Who fell to Earth which starred David Bowie back in 1976. I actually went to see this movie sometime in the early 80’s. It’s about an Alien/Bowie who wonders around planet Earth looking for water to bring back to his home planet. It’s a pretty bizarre, artsy, slow-moving movie and if Bowie was not in it, I would have left the theatre before the end. I remember some pretty rad sunglasses but wasnt so impressed by the styles in the movie.
Some of the silhouettes of the Fall 2016 clothes and some of the more earthy tones remind me a bit of the movie. And if you look carefully enough at the pieces in the collection, you may see some triangles here and there which is the symbol for water. The picture on the left continues the massive Bomber jacket trend into Fall 2016. And the picture on the right does feel a bit like the movie, just with a very large punch of 2016 in it.
Ya know, another thing I remember but barely about the movie, is Bowie kept taking his jacket on then off, then on then off again. Strange thing for me to remember.
Me personally, I like it when PSNY sticks to their black, grey and dark blue color palette. there is too much color for me for this outing. Although, there’s enough black and grey for me to check their site to see what’s for sale in Fall 2016. Also notice the continuation of the Biker Jacket trend and the Jumpsuit action. My friend Eric and I has some nice black jumpsuits back in 1981. We were influenced by a trip to Paris. We used to wear them to parties with fedoras. Where was Instagram when I needed it!
Blacks and Greys ala Classic PSNY!
So far, as of 9:36pm (HST) on Tuesday February 2, 2016, it seems a bit hard to find the video of the show. Just some pictures. (And very glad for them, courtesy of vogue.com) The last couple of shows PSNY streamed the shows live and had some great free total show replays. Not sure what happened this time around? I for one totally miss the live streaming video. PSNY and Marc Jacobs have been super cool about their Runway show videos. Maybe it’s to keep the show a bit of a mystery? Or some sort of far out Retro Bowie insider quip about how they didn’t have streaming in 1976? I really do not know.
Today (2/2/16) I felt like Bowie looking for Water in The Man that Fell to Earth, but instead of water, I was looking for the video of the Runway show. I did find a taste over on the Milk Studios NY Instagram account. Check out their IG if you’re thirsty.
Now if I could only get my hands on a pair of the PSNY x Jordan 12 kicks. Man, so close 2x, yet so far away. See you on the streetz this week in Waikiki and at the Big Game Parties in Hawaii at Big City Diner at Ward.