The Ocean, the Beach + Rick Owens
Rick Owens Runway Show Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2021/22
The New Normal is a Nickel Plated Slate Grey Dystopian World-SM
Rick takes us to a deserted beach in the middle of Winter to show his post covid collection of super long sleeves, Multi Mega ripped cat suits, and clunky heeled boots. The bone skinny models fitted in comfy down jackets, saunter flawlessly across the stark cement runway. While small cold waves crash into the sand. Can you feel the chill? Ready for Dystopian Chic Blade Runner gentrification?
For some reason, many of the Highs are also the Lows. Listed below are the Highlights and Lowlights. See you at the Beach!
- The setting. A built in Runway surrounded by the cold ocean at a beach with No people
- Behind the Scenes action. Fun to see the crew getting the models ready to walk
- The Music: Fit the cold stark eerie mood of the setting
- Greys and Blacks
- The PInk Hair. It could have been more spectacular with some popcorn yellow, bleached blue and neon green. Like every 4th person would have been pretty cool to do
- The Multi -Mega ripped catsuit and dress
- Blade Runner Dystopian Theme throughout
- The Giant shoulder pads
- Aqua sequins
- Behind the Scenes acting up. The people were all too stressed out and moving too quickly. The show was doing fine with a nice mellow feel, then they acted like it was the end of the world.
- The Music: Could have added in a bit of Drum and Base and mixed it up a bit
- The skirts that flowed out at the knee
- Bellowing smoke at the tip of the runway
Gucci Gang Gucci Gang-My Lean Costs more than Your Rent
Gucci Goes where Energy Flows
4/16/21: The Gucci Aria 15:30 minute mini movie takes the place of an IRL Runway show. It’s been interesting to see these mini movies encapsulate various brands new clothes. Some of the mini movies have been stark, some were brazen, a bit of color and some nice sleek black + White.
Gucci decided to throw everything into their mini movie. Some of it not too obvious, a bit more subtle, Yet, there is A LOT going on in this Mini Movie. The Musical soundtrack takes us on a historic journey spotlighting many eras of the Gucci brand. The songs mention Gucci, but do more than that as they set the tone and vibe for the clothes to Shine.
Gucci Aria: It all starts at the Club Savoy, inspired by the famous London hotel where Gucci Founder Guccio Gucciworked as the Maitre d’ prior to moving back to Florence to open a Leather goods store in 1921. takes us on a journey filled with so many clothes, fabulous walls filled with high-end Mega dollars worth of multiple blinking lights and some over the top accoutrements. I thought I saw Gucci looking like Balenciago, the first time I watched this. By the third time I watched, It is Balenciago and Gucci all on one garment! Two Mega Brands merging legally on to one garment. These will sell-out before they even hit the stores.
The movie continues with some classic Gucci looks and colors. Many oriented towards the 1970’s wide collared, oversized aviators disco phase. Lots of bling and big brash chain linked Gucci Choker necklaces. Along with a subtle nod to Dapper Dan. The more you watch the film, the more you will see the underlying secrets and brash nods to many upon many “Easter Eggs”. Kinda fun to watch a few times. I ended up watching it 4x before writing this.
OH and the Finale…Wow! Pretty out there! The Savoy Club doors open to a freak filled outdoor theater extravaganza, so many times over the top. It’s close to moving into the H&M videos/Zoolander territory. Floating people, slow-motion birds and horses, dancing in the fields while wearing very expensive clothing, heart shaped purses complete with Aorta & Arteries. Here we get a bit of a Tom Ford feeling and the art of the High Fashion beyond reality theme. All while the soundtrack asks: Waiting for the Stars to Align. What the Future Holds? Pretty sure they are talking about the post pandemic world. They say it loud and proud with odes to Classic Gucci intertwined with the flare of the Gucci Future, bold, brash, picturesque. Leading us into a future like no other. Will it be the Roaring 20’s? Or will it be Board games and Tea? We shall see, no one knows, whatever is around the corner will be what you make it and what you believe is possible. Lets all try our best to make it an Unbelievably Sexy Celebration in Grande Gucci Style!
“…whatever is around the corner will be what you make it and what you believe is possible. Let’s all try our best to make it an Unbelievably Sexy Celebration in Grande Gucci Style”
Below are the Highlights and LowLights:
- The Gucci Brand Music
- Rose Gold Balenciaga Choker Necklace + Gold Oversized Gucci Choker Necklace
- Silver, White, + Black Strobe Light Walls
- The White Suit-If you’re gonna wear John Travolta’s suit, it might as well be a Gucci
- Green Gucci Suit Green
- 1970s NYC vibe-Oversized Aviators and XL Shirt Collars, with a tad of Bell Bottoms
- Multi-Colored Jacket and Pants on White…I would like to see a still shot of these
- The Multi-Starred Black + White Suit
- Purple on Green…interesting color palette which works here
- The Savoy Work-Wear Jacket…It makes a quick appearance near the end
- That Square Brown Gucci Purse…Is it Retro Chic or brand New?
- The Surprise of Gucci x Balenciaga…Two x Mega Power House Brands in one Garment!
- The Leather Nipple Straps on Men
- Pink Furry Top
- Oversized Fur wristbands..Uhm? I don’t think so
- Furry Aqua Pants
- Horse Helmets-Even if I had a motorcycle, I couldn’t wear this
- The Chin Straps that come with the silly Horse Helmets
- Dangling Silver Nose Rings…Maybe better as earrings?
So that you don’t have to Shazaam all the great Gucci Tunes, Here is the Set-LIst of the Gucci Aria. Soundtrack by Alessandro Michele. Mixed by Lawrence Rothman
- Gucci Gang – Lil Pump
- Green Gucci Suit Green – Rick Ross feat. Future
- Gucci on My Bag – Mier
- Gucci Coochie – Die Antwoord and Dita Von Teese
In the theme of Gucci x Balenciaga. Here’s a sneak peak at my upcoming Designer Brand Etoile Pants F/W 2021-A Street Meat Market Product by Streetzblog:
Supreme x Gucci x Vape-Ghost x Honolulu Police x Susan G. Komen HI x Unravel Project x Off-White x Louis Vuitton x Street Meat Market x Streetzblog
See you on the Streetz…blog and maybe soon on the Real Streetz!
Shop IRL, Make sure to keep the Bag
That 90’s fanny pack may be on the way out. Hooray! From some of the street styles seen near the latest Menswear shows, the Shopping Bag may be your newest carry all. Straight from the store bought bags to matching the bag with your clothes to customized shopping bags with shoulder straps. The shopping bag is your ticket to major streetwear cred. From Paris to Milan the shopping bag is 2021’s IT bag for men.
Pictures courtesy of Vogue.com, IG and Authors Own. BTW: In Hawaii, plastic has been banned. Thus it’s hard to find a good free bag. Most you pay 15-50 cents and they are mostly plain brown paper bags. (As of 4/7/21)
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Givenchy Fall Winter 2021/22
Sleek set, pulse pounding soundtrack, Laser Lights and Lots of Black colored clothes. This is my kind of Runway Show! Dark, Defined, Elegance from start till finish. Check out the Givenchy show below as they take you on a little trip into the deep, dark, cauldrons of precise, distinct, crisp French tailoring. Any show with this much black is a winner in my book. The soundtrack and light show exude elegance of the Rich and Famous. Kinda like a James Bond Spy movie told in 10 minutes via hot models and slick, dark, perfectly placed, layers of clothing. With some great accoutrements Like the Giant Gold chain and the fun triple back packs and spot on make-up and hair styling.
I would dig going to the after-party of this show. Then heading over to Hotel Costes for a night cap or two. Of course wearing my black double hoodie, tailored black trousers, with the giant Gold chain and the triple back pack filled with enough gear to stay out till the sun comes up.
Here are the Highlights and Low Lights of Givenchy
- The Vibe
- The techno music and laser light show. Nice build up adding on layers as the video progresses
- Lots of Black colored High-End tailored clothes
- The Double Hoody look
- The Triple bag back-pack
- Black on black on black. Loving the layers
- Vibrant oversized Giant gold chain
- That grey skin tight sheathe dress
- Any show with puddles is a winner. And black puddles even better!
- The silver flasks worn as Necklaces. Nothing says Lets Party like a flask flinging around a Hot Models neck
- The Color brown. High-End French Luxury clothing should never be brown. The blacks, whites and a tad of taboo red do the trick quite nicely
- Some of that over the top bulky fur
- The fuzzy fur Mittens. Uhm?
- Main dislike is incorporating the knitted head-wear especially the creepy king crowns. Not even sure how they fit in to the HIgh-End tailored, dark, edgy, Spy Vibe. Could have used ultra High-End flat billed snapbacks. Maybe in black sleek satin or soft calfskin. Black logo on Black caps
See you on the Streetz…blog!
2021 is the year of the Jordan 1 and any kind of Dunk you can obtain. Cutting through the clutter of everything else are these. The USPS Priority Mail shipping box themed Air Force 1’s. I see this shoe floating in and out of my various social and web feeds and still dont know if it’s a real drop or not. But, it’s a Friday. So on Fun Time Friday for April 9, 2021. Lets have a look-see at these interesting kicks.
I do like the boxes that they are influenced by. You can stuff as much things as you like for one low price.The shoes like the boxes are white red and blue. The back of the show is probably the most interesting, which includes an area to sharpie up the “From” section. I suspect you could put your own name, Jordan would look dope or something even more expletive could get you some compliments or condemnations.
Would be kinda cool if they gave away some of these to Postal workers. Their standard show seems to be the All black New Balance Bland.
Have a Nice Weekend and See you on the Streetz…blog!
Basketball Movie-Boogie in Theaters Friday March 5
We couldn’t be named the Streetzblog without letting ya’ll know about a new movie coming soon to a Theatre near you. Boogie is written + directed by Eddie Huang. The same Eddie that brought us Fresh Off the Boat, the Baohaus Restaurant in NYC and Huangs World. You can probably still see some of Huangs World on Vice. If you get a chance to see it, check out the show where they are in NYC shopping for retro T’s-his friend has a warehouse FULL. Somebody I’d like to meet one day. And there’s a quick cameo of the Public School duo at the Barbershop.
I saw Eddie talking to Jaylen Rose this week. Eddie told Jaylen that it was on the Basketball court that he met a lot of his friends and learned about street style, music and culture. There’s not many people where I hoop. Did meet someone pretty cool about 2 weeks ago. He talked a lot and shot lights out. Was a fun day at the court, but never saw him again. I do remember, when I went to church every week, I would play basketball after. I would show up at this court in the middle of nowhere and another guy would be there every Sunday. We played intense one on one. Never talked just played. Was really fun, but a bit strange how we only communicated by playing B-Ball together. I didn’t learn much street culture. But he did have a tattoo of a tear under his left eye.
I PREFER MY STRIPPER NAME, BOOGIEQuote from the Basketball Movie-Boogie
Looks like a movie I would like. Basketball, NYC, Streetz, A bit of Bling, and good possibility of a solid story. Huangs World was always fun to watch and Fresh Off the Boat had some funny moments. Hopefully this has some of the humor and culture we’ve come to know from Huang’s previous projects. And sure hope it has a good ending. The last 2 basketball movies I’ve seen , didn’t quite end well. I personally could go for a Happy, Positive ending of this movie. We shall see. It opens in theaters on Friday March 5, 2021. I don’t have a vaccine yet, so won’t be going to the theater. Would like to see it in a theater, but I’m not quite ready to be in an enclosed space for 2 hours indoors. I’m sure we’ll see it soon on Netflix, Amazon Prime or maybe YouTube.
It’s a great time for the movie to come out. This weekend is the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday March 7, 2021. Lots of flashy Tasty Mint Green and Black Kicks coming out this weekend, the 3 point shot contest, skills challenge and the Dunk contest. For those who usually watch the dunk contest on Saturday night, a big FYI The Dunk contest is happening during half time of Sundays NBA All-Star game!!! So be ready. Everything is Sunday, keeping things safe as we continue with da Rona pandemic.
Boogie stars: Taylor Takahashi, Taylour Paige, Pop Smoke and Eddie Huang.
See you on the Streetz and hopefully soon at the movie Theater
Really? or Really!
Authentiqute by eBay brings us a candle made to smell like brand new Kicks. Is this a really! or a really? Depends on who you are. Sounds like a 1994 Radio stunt done with candles. But they are serious and have really made this candle to smell like some brand new sneakers. And are selling it.
This is Really! or Really? what they have done! Here is what Authentique mentions their candle smells like:
- Warm Pebbled Leather
- EVA Foam
- Cotton Blossom
And just like the Hottest sneakers, the candle if of course very limited. Unlike the newest J’s, it’s pretty inexpensive at $25. But probably already re-selling for $100+ What do you think of this? A must purchase or a Did they really do this? I guess if you were doing a Hypebeast themed party, it would be a fun scent to burn. A new car or new pair of kicks do smell good. But a room filled with glue and foam..Hmmmm I’m 50/50 on this one. And will just do Nag Champa for now. I could use the $25 for some food.
I suspect they are all sold out, but if you want to see the site where they are or were for sale, here is the link And below is the promo video:
After reading and writing about this, I’m headed to the basketball court to donate another pair of kicks for those in need. Will be dropping off a pair of triple carbon worn once Adidas Boosts. Crawford Park 2/15/21 2:00pm.
What else could we make a candle smell like:
- A new car-Obvious and a choice similar to this scent
- Fresh Snow or Rain-Rain I’ve seen. Snow could be a fun one. Or maybe Mountain Climbing.
- Bloomingdale’s-Ahh to bring back the air-conditioned air of crisp, clean clothes and shopping IRL
- Nag Champa-but you can just get some incense to do this
- The Bodega-Salami, Pastrami, Chopped Cheese with a touch of coffee, infused with essence of the carrot juice
- The Big Black Magic Markers of the 1970’s. Good way to get everyone high at your next party. Those markers were Potent!
- Chanel Nail Polish-similar to the Big Black Magic marker, but more luxurious
- Little Italy NYC-Pizza, Pasta, and the sweet scent of the Cannoli filling with a touch of powdered sugar
For some the scent of a crisp, clean pair of kicks is a wondrous moment for others more of a WTF instance. Either way, I bet this candle is Sold-Out by the time you read this blog post.
Promotional Idea: Have your readers/listeners/follower give you 5 of their favorite ingredients they would like to see in a fragrant candle. Then choose the most delicious or most creative. And have 100 of them made. Give the winner a couple and sell the rest on your website in the Limited Edition 1-100. Makes for a fun promo and a couple extra bucks in your pocket.
What do you think of the Sneaker candle? What Scent would you like to see made into a candle? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
We tend to stay close to the street, checking out new shoes, clothes and trends & taking care of the Street Meat Market Atelier on the Streetz…blog. And forget to show and post some of the color filled fun in the Sun. Here’s some pix from Kokoloio Beach Park. Saturday 2/6/21 during Super Bowl weekend. I stayed the day, others camped the night. Maybe next time, I’ll be more adventurous and give the tent a try. Enjoy the scenic waves, colorful water, billowy-sweeping trees, deep-cushy sand and bright blue skies from the North Shore of Oahu.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dope Music, Fluid Flow, & Comfy Clothes
Helmut Lang Runway Spring/Summer 2020
Spacious, Stark blanc en blanc room with pops of colored clothing…fluidly floating thru Time and Space. The Helmut Lang Runway show for the Spring/Summer 2020 season provides a nicely mixed soundtrack of techno tracks, with models perfectly choreographed to flow through the intersections of time and space provided.
Giving us high end luxury clothing that looks super comfortable to wear indoors and out. For both Women and Men. Trust me, Helmut Lang clothes are well constructed, made of high end fabrics, sewed to perfection. Flawless execution of fabrication deluxe. Below are the Highlights and Lowlights of the Helmut Lang Runway Show.
- The Music. Flow of it. Techno pulse of it. Vibe of it, to fit the Venue
- The multi pocketed Olive green cropped jackets
- The Comfy, Fluid, feel of the clothing. It all felt just so comfortable. Flowing, Swirling, thru the cross Trafficked runway
- The Army Green/Olive colors
- Use of straps (Both Men’s and Women’s)
- Silver on White
- Blanc en Blanc setting. Let the clothes do the walking and talking
- Bright Yellow. Yep, Even I liked the Color yellow popping through the stark white background
- The Light Green Men’s Suit
- Bright Yellow + Neon Pink Women’s dresses
- The Helmut Lang Quality of the Clothing
- Too much of the color White
- Not enough of the color Black. (Most of the best HL clothes are black or at least Gun Metal/Nickel colored)
- Da Vinyl clothing
- Beige/Brown. Two of the worst clothing colors other than White and Aqua
- The Faded blue Jeans Jacket and Pants. Just did not fit the rest of the higher end line of the Brand
Y-3, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Daniel Patrick and Chapter are streetzblog favorites featuring mostly darker shades of clothing, solidly made tailoring, to wear for many years to come. Over the last 3 years, Helmut Lang has become a go to favorite along the same lines as the brands listed above.
In December 2018, I had finished up a lunch with my friend at a super-good vegan joint near Union Square, NYC. I figured I’d head to Soho on Foot. Was a lot longer and colder than I expected. But, I landed at the Helmut Lang Sample sale. I do LOVE a good sample sale. And this was Perf for me. Almost the entire selection was my all time Favorite color-Black!
I was in that sample sale for like 2 hours. Trying on things, snagging & swooping upon shirts and pants as soon as someone put them back, and putting some back myself as I was on a Bit of a budget. Socializing, touching and feeling each and every piece of these high end quality items. And waiting for an XL or even a L to appear in the Hoodie section. I ended up with 5 items: Black Calf Skin Luxe-Life Kicks, Perfectly tailored Shorts, One T shirt and a pair of Gaberdine Trousers with crisp cool exquisite buttons on the bottoms of the legs. All at 70-80% off retail. Hanging out and purchasing these items, I became an instant fan of the Brand.
Here’s a picture of the Helmut Lang Luxe-Life Kicks. Super comfortable in the color black…of course:
Recently (January 2021) before going on my 90 day no shoes no clothes purchasing cleanse. In January 2021, I re-found Helmut Lang during their Surplus Sale. Was just like a NY Sample sale, yet on line. Not quite as much fun, no hanging with people, no touching the fabrics, no trying on clothes and shoes. But I did know the quality would be there. Scored some pretty dope pieces yet again. A long Sleeve Army Green Modal Cotton (The kind of cotton that is smooth and silky on the skin) A really nice pair of 3m striped pants (Black with silver stripe), a pair of Gun Metal Colored shorts similar to the sample sale, just a bit more fitting and of course a T shirt. Budget was under $225, retail was over $1050. SCORE!
Here’s the Helmut Lang F/W 2020 Pants with Silver 3M Stripe:
I’ve got my eyes on the New Helmut Strap joggers and the Strap knee length shorts. Hope they have enough stock for a sample or surplus sale on these 2 items. Maybe in May. And Maybe in May, we can shop in store again? Hope, the in-store experience comes back sooner than later. I really cant go anywhere nowadays, I like to touch the materials too much, and peruse for way longer than the usual customer. Thus, it’s way too risky of an endeavor for me in March 2020 thru May? 2021.
If you want to see the new goods or the current sale, check Helmut Lang out right here
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Rick Rocks the Dystopian Athleisure Goth
Place: Venice, Italy Date of Show: January 2021 Name of Show: Gethsemane
Paris Fashion week is back and so is Rick Owens. Gone are the abstract art interpretations of his Menswear show. And Back, what he does best. Mostly Black colors with some Dark greys and bits of contrasting whites. This show is what you would expect to see if you thought of Rick Owens the Brand.
Models parading through the smoke and fire in the dystopian VIP line. Lots of nice black clothing. Some dark greys. Slits and slashes, bit of bondage. If you think Rick Owens, this is the show for you. Even the music, may have been repetitive but matched the mood of the clothing line and presentation perfectly. The music and show had a nice Cynamatic style, not to brash, precision flow, right on target.
Even had an ode to Dracula/Vampires with the bellowing black capes. This is how I prefer to see a Rick Owens show. Doing what he does best-Hi-End Dystopian Athleisure Goth. Vibe of show, clothes at show, music, all perfectly match the Rick Owens brand. Well done. A+ Four Stars.
- The gathering area prior to walking the Streetz/Runway. Dope like a VIP line for a nightclub
- The Smoke/the Fire/the Ambiance
- The Setting and Music worked well together
- The Black and Grey Colors of the Clothing. Rick’s best work is done in BLACK. He does not need to change that!
- Bondage straps
- Precision Holes and cuts in the fabrics
- Mask Wearing
- The Finale
I liked this show so much, there aren’t many Lowlights. But because it’s the streetzblog tradition to provide the two, here are the only lowlights.
- The out of place abstract purple puffer jackets
- The white underwear (briefs) Just was not needed and didnt fit any of the rest of the show
- Chunky high heels for men. Just not a fan of them
- The light blue, once again did not fit with the rest, but there wasnt much of it, so its ok
Great Show and Glad that there was a Paris Fashion week 2021. Maybe next year, I can visit in person.
See you on the Streetz…blog