Rick Owens SS23 Mens EDFU Thursday June 23 2022Palais De Tokyo Avenue Du President Wilson. Paris, France
This show is more of a spectacle like going to a play, performance art installation or a movie. The clothes are slightly secondary. And Rick has always said he likes to make clothes he would wear. I highly doubt we will see him in anything on this Runway except the large boots and bad ass oversized sunglasses. Would be pretty funny to see him in anything other than black. And Bright Green Glossy pants or flimsy, flowing fish netting, I Kinda’ doubt it. But, just like Rick is looking at the worst in the world, all I saw was bright colors, skip down to the bottom of the blog for some nice black clothes and kicks! YAH!
Rick continues on looking at a reality through the eyes of doom and gloom. Last show was apocalyptic this one he is irritated about the war and trifling arguments. So, instead of bringing us more low crotch black pants, oversized Nomad shirts, we receive bright Green and purple colors to help heal the world.
The Music is dope, the setting is spectacular, and the crane that drops fire balls has to be the biggest HIT of the entire show. It drops fire bombs 3x just like the models trip the same amount at 3x through the show. It would have been fun to be there in person just to see the fireballs dropping from the crane into the picturesque languid waters.
- The Music: “Swooping, Grating, Unhinged Exclusive mix by EPROM and SHADS reflecting the Untethered, Wonky Current Climate” (Show notes)
- The Fireball Crane!
- The exquisite setting
- Kicks: They are hard to spot, but there are some special kicks coming our way in 2023
- Scarab colored Jeans
- And YAH for the black colors on some of the clothes
- The flimsy flowing fish nettiing in red and green materials. Stuff You’d see in Ben Franklin
- The Purple Vest
- Bright Yellow Bright Pink
- And that bizzare red dress in that wierd fish netting material. Yuk!
I think I was so freaked out by the bright green and chifon reds, i missed all these blacks. Ooops, still no drop crotch pants. But Rick Owens fans will be happy to see their/our favorite color in the stores and on-line in 2023.
What are your Highlights and Lowlights of the Show? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Fendi Menswear Spring/Summer 2023. Streamed June 2022 from Roma, Italy
The Men’s show’s are coming at us all of a sudden, fast & furious. And pretty sure this is the first Fendi show we’ve ever reviewed. No reason, this one I just happened to see a on my IG live then re-watched it on YouTube.
Nice to see, there’s no play on post pandemic/post apocalyptic worlds. Instead, we have plenty of Nice festive colors, bold and plentiful logos, 3/4 length shorts that flow oh so perfectly, the color ORANGE, and some fun logo’d bucket hats & pants.
Let’s check out the Highlights and Lowlights:
- Black & Grey logo’d Fendi Bucket Hats and Pants
- The Floating Fendi F’s in the sky below the ceiling-Quite spectacular
- Orange! I’m a sucker for anything Orange and there’s a couple nice pieces in the show
- 70’s Leather Jacket
- 3/4 length perfectly flowing sweetly tailored shorts-One of may all time favorite pants. Just below the knee and kinda’ baggy. I could wear those every day.
- The infrared Liquid Sky beginning, gives the show a Bold, Colorful vibe even before the show started
- The Black and the orange Jacket/shirt. Those are a must cop
- The Music-Adds a nice Pop to the show
- Cut off jeans-Ugh will probably cost $800 or more. Just make your own. Pretty easy to make a #realfake on these
- Way too short shorts
- Vinyl brown Pants and the shimmering brownish gold pants
- Khaki’s-I believe khaki’s don’t belong in this world at all. And would never wear them, unless my boss made me
- And maybe a few of the bags-Possibly if I lived in Italy, they would look more stylish
See you on the streetz…of Italy this week! (June 2022)
#Realfake time again
This is pretty funny. The internet is trying to show you how to create the $1,090 Balenciaga Defender sneaker on the cheap. They suggest that you get a bike tire and glue it to a pair of ASICS. I know from practice, its hard enough to get the sole of a Jordan to re-stick even with Gorilla or Super glue. So, good luck with this. And if you can walk without twisting an ankle be sure to let us know in the comments section. What do you think of this #realfake DIY project?
See you on the Streetz…
Public Enemy x Element Collection
Element has teamed up with iconic rap group Public Enemy to release T’s, Hoodies, Bucket hats, Socks, Polka pants, and of course a very dope skate deck. Proceeds will go to the Harold Hunter Foundation to support the skateboarding youth of New York City. If there is anything left available of the collection, you can find it here
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Interesting how such a big brand ended up on the island of Oahu. I saw on their IG that they would be here one day before the runway show. Next I knew, they were here and did their show. Amazing how they can get the photos so crisp and clean. Suspect they used real cameras and not iPhones. It does show you what is possible.
Celebs in attendance and on Island in March 2022: Sza, Nicole Scherzinger, Jhene Aiko, Bretman Rock and Blackpink’s Jennie. Strange I haven’t seen anyone around town this week. Maybe they are staying on the North Shore?
Not gonna do Highlights and Lowlights for this show, will just show you the pix from the Show: Hopefully it will add some warmth and color to your world today.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Baleniciaga 360 Show Winter 22 Collection
Wowza! Demna is on fire and as cold as ice.
The Balenicaga show is set in a monochromatic cavernous area, maybe a hockey rink? With man made snow drenching each and every model as they try and traverse the complicated terrain. Inching ever closer to the promised land. Dressed in blacked out everything-shirt, jacket, pants, boots, cap and sunglasses. With the white snow, the blacks pop so ever nicely.
They have slick extra wet hair to match their surroundings as they push further into the exterior boundaries, fleeting through their snowy escape, to some-where and no-wear. Drawing on the past of Demna’s experience in the 1993 Russia x Georgia war, brings this show into the here and now with what is happening in Ukraine.
On a happier note, I can’t wait until we see people paying $1,500 for their own Balenciaga Garbage Bag. Be it in Black, White, Powder Blue..or I could even see a limited edition version done up with the yellow and black Balenciaga caution tape. Now, that would be a bag to have. And will make Balenciaga an even bigger bag filled to the brim with cashola!
To get the look on the cheap will be super easy, unlike other replicants that can take months to make, you just need some standard Hefty bags and some oversized sunglasses.
In a way I missed seeing what the crowd was wearing, but at the same time, it didn’t matter much with a show this extraordinary.
The show is brilliant, amazing, emotional, in the now, pure genius level idea and execution.
This is not just a show of clothes or a great setting in the snow. It’s a moving, emotional portrayal of what some are going through or witnessing in their worlds right now. (March 2022)
- The triple Blacked out black on black on black clothing and accessories
- Black and Yellow Balenciaga Caution Tape
- The setting and the music
- The man-made SNOW!
- The models method acting their walks..some off balance, some even looked a bit tipsy, wonder if anyone fell?
- The oversized sunglasses, chokers and earrings. Loud and Big, great to show off in
- Quadruple pocket shirts
- Bellowing black Goth Capes
- The Garbage bags: It will be fun to see who purchases their thousand dollar Kitchen bag
- The Frilly fringe textured pant suit
- Dangling western wear strands of materials
- Awkward over sized black boots. That snow is gonna go straight into them, making your feet very wet and cold
- The Garbage bags: Will people really carry these around? The answer is YES, they will and they will pay $1500 or more to do it. Hopefully they will add some gold Balenciaga garnishes to the finished product
Music: Like 3 chapters in a book or 3 phases of a speech, the music adds to the ambiance of the event. It’s an element that is needed to convey the message and vibe of the show full circle.
David Kadouch-Slavonic Dances in E Minor: Beautiful poignant classical music. Filling the senses with serenity and peace
BRFND-360: Some hard core techno to blast you out of your arm chair to take action in your life world and affairs.
BFRND-Storm: Slightly cheesy 90’s rave culture. Lets get to the promised land now to be happy. Or be happy now wherever you are, whatever you are doing. Its your mind that puts you into your emotion, not the outside circumstances. Be happy now wherever you are, even in the midst of chaos, war or a bad snow storm.
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future!
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future! What did you think of the show? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Anna x2 and More! UPDATED 3/2/22
An over the top drama filled series on Netflix based on New York Magazine’s “How Anna Delvey Tricked New York’s Party People (2018) by Jessica Pressler. BTW: Jessica also penned Hustler at Scores which turned into the Movie Hustlers starring Jennifer Lopez.
*Get ready for a giant comeback. Anna already got paid $320,000 for the rights to the Netflix story and according to her IG posts, she’s making some major moves now (Feb 2022) Even in the ICE detention Center. Getting paid even more for being Anna. And doing as Anna does. “Think Rich to become Rich” “Conceive, Believe, Achieve” “Where thought goes Energy flows and results are guaranteed” For Anna her number one thought is getting paid and second thought is being famous, she has mastered both.
The Music/The Soundtrack to the Series
The music matches the Netflix series to a T. The lyrics to the songs fit the scenes perfectly. You’ll find the tunes matching the show so perfectly and I’m sure you’ll have your shazaam in over-drive as you watch the series.
To Help you out a bit, here are many of the songs that flow with the show. And some of the scenes the songs are in and the a bit of lyrics and how well they match the theme of the show. Grade A for Music within a Series.
- Megan the Stallion-Rich: Yep Rich and Famous, that’s Anna Delvey & Anna Sorokin.
- CliQ Feat. Alika & Ms. Banks-Google me: “I’m a Big Deal, Google Me” The perfect song for the entire series.
- Cyn-Drinks: “Out with my friend, drinking a drink, Alexa knows the bartender so all the drinks are FREE” Yep, almost always the Anna’s drinks are free and High end.
- Bermuda Kills-New York, New York
- Rico Nasty-Own It
- Bordeaux-Franchise Freestyle-“You need MORE than Google just to find Me” Shows how elusive Anna really is.
- Confidence Man-First Class B*tch: This song sums up the movie perfectly. Anna may have been their Muse
- Daemon Feat. Zach Bishop & Amorie-New York New York. I woke up in the City that never Sleeps Classic line, but matches Anna’s sleeping patterns exactly. For many years she went out all night and slept all day. One of the Best ways to Live your Best Life. Or to think that it’s your best life. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere. Another great classic line, maybe one of the reasons she likes New York better than Paris, Germany or London.
- Frida Kahlo-Lion Babe
- Torren Foot Feat. Tinie Tempah & L. Devine-More Life
- Laura & Nova-Get Creative
- Jhene Aiko Feat. Ty Dola $ign. Party for me. Played while on the Yacht in Ibiza. As we know Ibiza is one Big PARTY!
- Megan the Stallion Feat. City Girls & Hot Girl Meg-Do it on the Tip
- Rony Rex & Carla Monroe-Milk It
- Amanda Feat. Kari Faux-Love em Leave em
- Dumi Maraire & Raphael Lake-Talk about It
- Logic Feat. Wale & John Lindahl-100 miles and Running
- Duckwrth-Unstatus Quo
- Me Gusta with Cardi B & Myke Towers–Anitta
- Dope Saint Jane-You’re Gonna Make it. Song played when the truckload of discovery arrives at the lawyers office. Also when Neff “almost” visits Anna at Rikers Island Prison. How bad do you want it, this bad, this bad” Manifest that sh*t. The song delivers the drive of many social climbers in NYC. And Anna’s ever easy way to manifest places to stay, fancy clothes and lots of cash money!
- seeyousoon-Faster Please: Played as Anna charges up $400,000 on clothes, shoes and sunglasses. Of course it’s on someone else’s credit card
- Jungle-Talk about it. Song played as Anna eyes 281 Park Ave as her home for the ADF location. What I gotta do? To start something new. What I gotta do? To Start living in the sunshine everyday That’s exactly what Anna was planning. Building something new and living Large all day everyday
- Major Lazer Feat. Mo & DJ Snake-Lean On
- Princess Nokia-Harley Quinn
- Robyn the Bank-Sha Bad One
- Lewis OfMan-Attitude
- Don Bigg-170kg
- Hot Kicks-CAnt Break my Life
- Missy Elliot Feat. Pharrell Williams. WTF (Where They From) Played while the ladies sauna and drink expensive Champagne.
- Travis Scott Feat. Young Thug & M.I.A-Franchise
- Tkay Madza–Shook
- Daisha McBride-Ballgame
- CHALL-Wow (Look at Me)
Anna Sorokin vs Anna Delvey Characters
- Val is in the series. One of her best friends in the early years. He isn’t real in IRL.
- Chase Sikorski in the series is her boyfriend who has an app called Wake and does Ted Talks. Anna Sorokin’s Chase is most likely Hunter Lee Soik. He or Chase is AKA “The Futurist” Soik is the most likely candidate, although there is still some skepticism. But Soik did move to the Emirates. See below for his TedTalk
- Nora Radford is very RICH and is where Chase, Val and Anna lived for a while. She also mentors Anna and supports the Anna Delvey Foundation. In the series Nora sends Anna out to get take out, but little does Nora know that Anna is buying up thousands of dollars of designer duds (on the TV show the bill is $400,000). This Character doesn’t match a real person. Its like an amalgamation of characters.
- Rachel DeLoache Williams in the series Neff says that Anna bought all the fancy clothes that Rachel wears. Rachel in real life paid the $62,000 Moroccan vacation. And as the series culminates, Many cheer for Anna and kinda despise Rachel. In the series they say she may have lost 62K but she made over half a million dollars from her story and other things associated with Anna Sorokin.
- Kacy Duke is the celebrity trainer/Life Coach in the series and IRL. She is the trainer best known for getting Dakota Johnson in shape for 50 Shades of Grey. She is super spiritual and believes the Universe will work everything out in the end.
- Richie Notar in the series and IRL is the co-owner of NOBU. Anna meets him at a special art party in the garden. He got his start in the Biz as busboy at Studio 54. He is part of Anna’s Park Ave project
- Andre Balazs in the series and IRL is famed Hotelier. Think the Standard and Chateau Marmont. He is also part of Anna’s team
- Alan Reed Played by the guy/Anthony Edwards from ER. Alan Reed is based on NY real estate Lawyer Anthony Lance. I love it when he doesn’t get racket court #1 and gets #12. He rolls his eyes and bumps into people like it’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to him. Now this has to be the pinnacle of white privilege. While some of us are out here wondering where our next meal will come from. Mr. Reed almost has a heart attack, when he isn’t VIP anymore. LOL
- Talia Mallay in the series lives in luxurious Hampton’s of the Super Rich, she has a Yacht that Anna and Chase go to. They spend an extra 4-7 days on the Yacht after Talia has left for New York. That was a pretty pricey Yacht. In the show, Talia says an extra week on the Yacht would cost the price of a Tesla! The Talia/Chase/Anna scene is one of the best when Talia calls Ibiza I-b-t-h-a, trying to sound super cool, yet everyone who really is cool, calls Ibiza like it’s spelled IBIZA. There’s also a guy on the Yacht that has the vibe of an overweight Steve Rubell of Studio 54 Fame. Or like a stereotypical 1980s record producer kinda guy. Talia Mallay might be Jayma Cardoso-She is tagged in a picture of Anna on the Yacht in September 2014.
- Vivian Kent is the main Journalist in the TV series. Jessica Pressler actually wrote the New York Magazine article.
- Neff in the series is Anna’s Ride or Die friend. You’ll like Neff, she is loyal to Anna from start to TFN. A great friend to have, no matter who you are. She is the concierge at 11 Howard and a film maker. Her real name is Neffatari Davis.
- 14 George in the movie is really 11 Howard IRL.
- Manhattan Magazine in the show is actually New York Magazine in real life.
- Anna Delvey is the self proclaimed German Heiress’ made up name. Real name Anna Sorokin.
- David Frankel the Director of the Devil Wears Prada directed 2 of the episodes of Inventing Anna
- Rikers Island has 10 Jails, that house up to 15,000 people. They wear Grey and Orange Jumpsuits. Anna continually gets in trouble by trying to tweak her uniform to give it more pop and style.
- Andrew Lance has been ranked as the number one Real Estate lawyer in the country by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Le Cou Cou is the restaurant inside the 11 Howard hotel. It is where Anna orders extravagant menu items not on the menu and charges them to her room. Fact: In 2017 before I went to NYC, I googled Where do the Hot Models and Celebs eat in Manhattan. And Le Cou Cou came up #1. I ended up at the #2 place, an delightful Italian spot with great olives and other foods. But only had about 7 people there and zero models/celebs. Ahh I was so close to becoming friends with Anna.
- Neff Davis is still good friends with Anna Sorokin. She also runs Anna’s Instagram account. And You’ll like this: She said that Rachel got paid back by Amex and made a ton of money off of Anna. Neff is not sympathetic towards Rachel just like the series contends.
- Purple magazine is a artsy fashion magazine run by Olivier Zahm. Who mostly fills the mag with black and white photos of Women he likes.
- Zellige tile is glazed terra-cotta tiles that appear in intricate patterns and bold colors in Moroccan hotels and homes.
- When she mentions one of the Culkin brothers, It could be either one, cause both starred with other stars of Inventing Anna. It’s either Macaulay Culkin from Home Alone Fame, who starred opposite Anna Chlumsky/Vivian Kent in the 90s movie My Girl. Or it’s Kieran Culkin who starred with Anna’s lawyer in Succession.
- Billy McFarland is a con artist and co-founder of the Fyre Festival. He defrauded investors of $27.4 million dollars!
- Delvey’s favorite Tune: Eminem’s Lose Yourself. (Source: Garner in Town and Country magazine February 2022)
- Cup Noodles: What she trades in jail to get more phone time.
Designers & Clothing Brands seen or mentioned in Inventing Anna
- Rick Owens
- Louis Vuitton
- Alexander McQueen
- Michael Kors
- Saint Laurent
- Victoria Beckham
*Anatasia Walker styled Anna for the trial. Here’s a bit about what was happening during the trial:
“Your client seems a little too concerned about her clothing. This is a trial. She’s a defendant,” Kiesel told Spodek. “I’m sorry her clothing isn’t up to her standards. Are you asking me to stop this trial because of the clothing? She’s got to be here.”
The Anna Sorokin Timeline
Anna was born January 23, 1991 in Russia. At 16 she moved to Germany, after High School she went to study fashion at Central Saint Martin’s in London. She quit school went back to Germany for a bit then on to Paris. In Paris she interned at Purple Magazine. Then she went to New York, she said it was easier to make friends in NY than in Paris.
2017 trip to Morrocco for the famed $62,000 Vay-Cay.
July 2017: The past catches up with her. And she owes $12,000 to Manhattan hotels. After attempting ad Dine and Dash from a NYC restaurant, she is arrested and charged with 3 Misdemeanor counts. She skips out on her court date. Shortly later she goes to the Chateau Marmont in L.A
October 2017: Her friend “Rachel” sets her up. While at *rehab she thinks she’s going out to lunch and is arrested in a STING operation by the Manhattan DA’s office. *She conned herself into rehab so that she couldn’t get extradited.
March 2018: New York Magazine prints her story and she becomes extremely INSTA famous! It’s more than a year later when she is found guilty of charges including Grand Larceny. But “Rachel” doesn’t win her case. Go team Anna. Maybe a Karen should be a Rachel. At least that’s what is seems from the TV show, who knows in real life what Rachel is like, I really do not know.
She serves 2 years of a 12 year sentence at Rikers Island. She gets out of jail.
February 2021: Then within a month she surrenders to ICE who puts her in a jail in New Jersey
As of 2/28/22 Delvey is still in Jail in New Jersey. Neff is helping with her social Media and by the looks of it, she is getting even more famous through her IG and thru the Netflix series, Inventing Anna.
I Have Anna Delvey’s Credit Card
Yep, it came inside the February print edition of New York Magazine. Like Anna, it is not cheap. Its a very good crisp, cool, solid credit card. Complete with chip image, secret code and even her Signature. Here is the sample. I carry it in my wallet, looking forward to trying it out at a Steak and Lobster Dinner!!!
Did we forget anything in this article? Will you watching Inventing Anna? Let us know in the comments section. And fill out the survey and let us know who’s team your on?
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a season 2 of Inventing Anna. Per her IG account she’s making some major moves even behind bars. Making Money, getting more and more famous and trying her hardest to Live her Best Life!
Sources: WWD.com, WomensHealth, Inventing Anna TV series, Independent, Marieclaire, The Cut, New York Magazine, Tudum @theannadelvey IG account, Town & Country Magazine (Feb 2022).
It’s 20 degrees outside, all the heat is on the inside being worn by some of the best athletes in the World. Let’s see which fashion houses came out for this years Opening Ceremony.
Prelude: Stunning computer and real life graphics that look Ultra 4k crisp and clear even on my TV. My TV looks like a TV on display at Costco! Unbelievable. Next up, Fabulous, Luminescent florescent green extra long glow stix. A crackling of fireworks. And the festivities have begun.
Pretty large crowd, yet not sold out. Majority are wearing KN95 and N95 masks.
Rushing river blasts from sky onto the floor of the giant stadium. The Floor is now a Huge 3D LED graphic area. Computer generated ice block emerges on to the flat service. Lasers, Techno and brightly colored futuristic graphics now fill my screen. Some very advanced computer graphics that look unbelievably stunning. The Ice melts revealing the 5 rings which float into the indoor heavens. The floor to the stadium becomes a giant stage. Let the games begin!!
Australia, Mexico, South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games! Those were the best Opening Ceremony unis if you’re into street wear or fashion in general. From Camo to Skulls to Intricate Squiggly lines, they are the clear cut favorites for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games!
- Greece: Dark Blue on Light Blue. 4F branded gear
- Turkey: White jackets with Black pants and caps. Nice graphic on the backs of the jackets
- Malaysia: Army Green parkas. Kinda’ digging the look.
- Jamaica: Puma branded dark green parkas with Flo-Green pants
- Belgium: Bright red jackets. with some weird stripes on the shoulders. Yuk.
- Japan: Red on red with white pants. No creativity this year
- Chinese Taipei: Standard Red White and Blue gear
- Hong Kong: Bright white parkas
- Denmark: Red puffers white pants white hats. Mask game on point with the red and white flag imagery
- Ukraine: Now those are some nice jackets. Colorful orange and blue geometric patterned. Very nice. I think they are ACG? They showed Putan sitting alone in the stands-looks like he may have jet lag?
- Brazil: Peak gear, fairly boring
- Pakistan: One athlete. 238 Million people live there. Must be pretty HOT outside
- Israel: Blue on Blue on Blue with a bit of white
- Luxembourg: Dark Blue and light blue over sized long puffers
- Belarus: A bit of style points with matching hats and scarves
- India: More thick red puffer jackets
- Note: The LED floor is very spectacular. Crisp cool colors w/ 3D imagery. Pretty amazing!
- Canada: Dark red puffers, which seem to be layer upon layers of puffer. They will be toasty warm. Some ultra puffy scarves with Canada embossed on them, look different + interesting. Effort was put into their stylish attire. Lululemon
- Spain: 8 patches on darkly colored jackets
- Iran: Interesting green and red patterns on top white. Interesting
- Hungary: Mint green hats and gloves. White jackets with red and green trim
- Iceland: Never won a medal on ice. Very normal clothing.
- Finland: Ahh a new color. They are all decked out in sleek two toned grey jackets with specialized white buttons. Grey sweats for the guys and grey pleated skirts for the ladies. Glad to see something different
- Italy: Green, white and Red Cape designed by Giorgio Armani
- Note: The music sounds like something people listened to in the 1950s. Classical and big band. Not very hip. *We are not in London that’s for sure
- Latvia: 4F brand. Long white puffers. Look like doctors ready to go to work with the the scalpel
- Great Britain: Flag/Union Jack sweaters. Some somewhat hip jackets with hoods. Not as good as past years. Ben Sherman
- Romania: Peak gear. Red spring jackets, they are going to be C-O-L-D
- Russia/ROC: Ombre colored Puffers that go from Grey to light blue with squiggly black lines. Someone put some effort into these jackets. A stand-out fashion piece of this years games. The best effort so far for sure
- France: Blue White and Red in a different formation of color. Nice tri-colored hoods. Looking French!
- Poland: White on white on white with the word Polska on their backs in red
- Bosnia: Bright blue and black jackets with some dope 3m trip that pops nicely
- Yep music is old and weird. they are now playing the Long Ranger theme song
- Norway: Long white puffers in white. Seems to be the theme of this years games. Long puffers
- Kazakhstan: Holding their scarves above their heads like they are protesting something. Heard that gas prices are quite high there, maybe that’s why?
- USA: Red White and blue. Mismatched jackets. Looks like Polo. Weird thing is people are wearing different clothes. Not the same as each other. So not sure what is up here. They seem to be disjointed and have the biggest flag out of everyone at the games so far. Polo/Ralph Lauren. Look for additional gear from Spyder, Kith, Skims and even Volcom!
- American Samoa: Oiled man body. No jacket, this guy must be COLD
- Music update: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
- Netherlands: I’m a sucker for Orange and blue. So I like their bright Fila puffers. The orange is nice and bright just as I like it
- Where is the China Team? I’m getting a little tired. Its 3am and I have work at 9am. But we are for sure LIVE this year. The Batman movie commercial looks really good. I may need to check it out
- Czech Republic: Long white jackets again. this time with some e patterned stripes. Nice effort, but just looks a bit off
- Slovenia: White jackets with florescent green mittens. Fun!
- Lindsey Vonn is on telling us its a hard decision to walk in the OC. Whatever. The athletes are like 22 years old. I’m sure they love it. and it’s not going to mess with their performance. OMG. To be 20-30 years old, there should be zero complaining about doing things. We used to go out till 4am and make it to work by 9am. And never missed a beat.
- South Korea: Aaaah. I like these puffers. White with lots of black squiggly lines. They have the best jackets for street wear. And black pants Winners! Jackets designed by the North Face with inspo from the Taebaek mountains
- Chile: Boring. Looks a tad 80’s. no effort put into this
- Austria: Look like they look every year
- Switzerland: Almost all in red with a thick white stripe down the middle of their chest. Lots and lots of flags
- Sweden: Dark blue light blue withe bright yellow accents
- New Zealand: Looks like they are wearing fur?
- Mexico: Wow! They are wearing white puffers with Big black skulls on them. Wow! Just Wow! I may need to get one of these jackets. The stand out for street and half-pipe riders worldwide. I could see skateboarders in these jackets too. Nice! Glad I stayed awake for these!!
- Germany: Black jackets, pops of fluorescent Yellow and a tad of red
- Australia: Ok some HEAT. Dark green and light green camo puffer jackets with bright yellow trim. I like it!!! A for sure would wear jacket. Designed by Karbon. Australia and Mexico and South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games!
- China: Very classy. Exquisite actually Nice modern yet classic yellow graphic on thier usual red colored jackets. Looks High End Classy. I like it
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Stark and Dark Just the way we like Rick
January 20, 2022 #Parisfashionweek2022 #PFW22 #Rickowens
It’s nice to see that Rick’s clothing is back to mostly black again. Such a relief from all those colors over the last couple shows. The show has a Gothic bondage vibe with modern cuts and aesthetics. I am sure the show woulda been even better with some real Bau Haus, Rotersand and Siouxsie tunes mixed into the soundtrack. I’m tempted to make a new soundtrack for the show.
Haunting black silhouettes with exaggerated shoulder pads, draping that hits the floors, giant KISS boots and some kicks that look like they will be winners highlighted the show. Stark and Dark would capture the mood to a tee. Strobes added mystery and helped the 3M pop nicely.
- Back in Black
- Grey plaid
- 3M Jacket
- Black puffer with zipped up hood
- Extra long hoodie with the white writing on it
- Kiss boots
- Cool Kicks
- Disjointed clothing
- The feathery stuff
- Low dragging clothes. I keep thinking that slush will be all over them
- The Soundtrack
- Candlestick caps. But see the video below the fashion show, and see someone who could use the 2 candlesticks glowing in the night
- That shiny black cheap looking material with the squares on it. Not need for it
Here is somebody who could of used the Candlestick Cap. I bet the car would have seen her with the two prongs on her head.
What did you think of the show, let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Editors Note 1/21/22: So this is super strange, I found a newer video of the show with better HD quality of the clothes. And guess what? It’s not Bau Haus on the Soundtrack, but close enough!. Sisters of Mercy lend their voices of LIGHT to the STROBE runway Show. Gives the show an extra punch of suspenseful, eerie, Goth Glam. Enjoy!