Cool Costumes for Halloween 2018
The Streetzblog Top 10 Couples Halloween Costumes for 2018
- Ariana Grande & Pete Davidson (That guy with the expensive street wear with dyed blond hair from SNL. He also has 2x Ariana Grande tattoos!)
- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (From a Star is Born)
- Justin Beiber & Hailey Baldwin or Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian
- Jay-Z & Beyonce
- Spam & Rice or Spam Musabi’s Twinsie’s
- Peter Kavinsky & Lara Jean (Crazy Rich Asians)
- Cardi B & Nicki Minaj or Cardi B or Nicki Minaj and their entourage
- Netflix & Chill
- Donald & Melania or Donald and Stormy or Donald and his entourage (You can make up his entourage with your imagination)
The Streetzblog Top 25 Halloween Costumes for 2018
- Pete Davidson from SNL
- Kanye West or one of his best selling shoes
- Bruno Mars: He has 3 sold out concerts coming up in Hawaii, so a bit partial to him
- Streetwear King or Queen: Bust out every hot item you can find and drench your person in all of it. Or take a white shirt and write Balanciaga on it. Take some jeans and write Supreme, Nike, Off-White, Guccy etc on them. Bling it out with chains and fancy expensive kicks
- Michael Myers: The new Halloween movie is coming soon. We shall see if he lives or dies?
- Lean Rap Artist. Make sure you sharpie your face with plenty of tats! And don’t forget the Styrofoam cup!!
- Air Jordan Shoe
- Vegan Meal
- Wakanda Warrior
- Desk Cubicle
- Beer Pong Table: A couple had a flat board on their front-side with plastic red cups glued on the board. You could throw ping pong balls at it. Looked like fun.
- Rachel Chu from Crazy Rich Asians
- Aquaman: This movie comes out in December, so you’ll be ahead of the trend
- Harley Quinn
- iPhone or Android phone
- Eminem: You could mix this up with some M&M’s or dye your hair blonde and get a black hoodie and some Nike’s.
- Tonya Harding
- Riverdale Character
- Halsey: Many different colors of hair to choose from
- Zombie Barbie
- Clown from IT
- Lil’ Wayne
- A Drone
- Starbucks Cup
The Streetzblog Top 12 Group/Family Halloween Costumes for 2018
- Thing 1 & Thing 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I love it when I see many Things in one place. Great Family costume. I like to count them up to make sure everyone is there. Haha
- Blue Bloods Family
- The Spice Girls (Rumored to be touring soon, alas-minus Posh Spice, unless she changes her mind
- The Family from Hotel Transylvania 1, 2 or 3. I like this movie series.
- Cast from Hawaii Five-0
- Post-Apocalyptic group of vagrants
- NCIS: Take your pic OG, 2018 gang, New Orleans, Los Angeles etc
- Cast from Mamma Mia
- The Incredibles
- American Horror Story. Pick a theme, dress accordingly. They are up to 8 seasons, thus many to choose from
- Action Bronson and his pals. Make sure you have the friends to go with Action
- Game of Thrones actors both dead and/or alive
And if you still can’t decide, here are some more options:
- Lebron James
- Power Rangers
- Soy Milk and Vegan Cookies
- Classic Monster like Frankenstein, Dracula or the Mummy
- Where’s Waldo?
- Sports Team
- Bacon & Eggs
- Spam & Rice
- a Witch
- Star Wars
- a Ghost
- Picture frame or Instagram Frame
What are you wearing? What would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments section. Have a nice day and Happy Halloween 2018!
Uniqlo on Oahu!
Ala Moana:Grand Opening
Saturday September 28, 2018-Honolulu, HI
Uniqlo is reaching the Beaches and Rockin’ the shores! The Brand New Uniqlo at Ala Moana Center on the Island of Oahu is open for business! Here’s a Sneak Peak of this friendly, fashion forward, priced nice, new store.
The Day I arrive on my yearly December trip to NY, the 3rd stop right off the plane is Uniqlo on 5th Avenue. Even though, I have their heat-tech garments. I go there to get a 2nd or 3rd set and hang out to people watch. It’s a very colorful, fun store with lots of action.
The Hawaii store is also colorful and fun. But instead of Heat-Tech garments, the go to piece des resistance here is the Comfortable Rayon Aloha Shirt. They have about 6 different patterns to choose from. They are comfortable, on trend and priced really nice at just $29.90.
I bought the Black shirt with white flowers, and may go back to get the blue and white or the White, black and Red (The Uniqlo branded color way-at least that’s what I would label it as). And you know what? These shirts, aren’t available on 5th Avenue in NYC. They are Hawaii Exclusives. So that is pretty Awesome right there! Locals and tourists have access to some really nice shirts at excellent prices.
Here’s some of the fun things you can see in the store. It’s like a mini museum of Aloha wear.
If you get a chance to check out the new store say yellow to Joseph. Very friendly & helpful. We even received a free Uniqlo Tote bag with this nifty secret pocket inside. *As we came in to the store, we were given Free Fans and balloons. Was a fun trip to the new store!
They have this really cool graphic Aloha Shirt hanging at the store. I did ask if it was for sale. They said not now, maybe one day. It has some nice Japanese elements and futuristic design in it. What do you think? Special Limited Edition? It reminds me a bit of Takashi Murakami’s work. BTW: They do have some pretty dope Murakami T’s in the Keiki Section of the store!
See you on the Streetz! Sunday, it’s the Clippers in Hawaii, The Hale Aina Awards and then maybe on Monday, back to Uniqlo for another Hawaii Exclusive Aloha Shirt. LMK if you want me to pick one up and send it to you. I’m sure, you’ll be delighted to Rock it!
Gaga & Cooper Killin’ It
I saw a Star is Born on 9/26/18, lucky to see it ahead of time. It’s a good movie. I can’t really do a review because I dont know how without spilling the beans on Born. The last Song of the movie is probably the best, this would be the 2nd best Tune: Enjoy!
Goodwill Goes Glam
Honolulu, Hawaii: July 18, 2018 Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
Goodwill Goes Glam one of my favorite events of the year. Fun, Fashion Show, Fun, Shopping and more Fun!
First you see the Runway show. Second you shop the freshest gear to be found. If you move quick enough, you’ll get some pretty stellar labels and high quality clothes.
This Years theme: The Fashion Edit
This Years Designers: Allison Izu Song x Summer Shiigi
This Years Brands: Allison Izu & Ten Tomorrow
This Years Camera: Canon DSLR (Not an iPhone)
The Shopping And After Party
- Head to the Shoes and Purses first. They are next to each other. One year, I found both Prada and Bape kicks in my size. Score!
- Next, straight to the Aloha wear. Do not stop at the toys or sports clothes on the way. The best Aloha gear goes quick. And there are some very High quality shirts and brands. Tori Richard, Reyn Spooner, Cooke Street, Ono, Tommy Bahama & More
- Now, it’s time for the sports jerseys. This year, my friend Amanda scored a primo condition Walter Peyton Bears Jersey. And I bought a Mitchell & Ness MAYS 660 BONDS Jersey in perfect condition.
- Set a budget ahead of time. Both years, I had a pre set budget and put back what was not in budget. Just like a sample sale, a budget is needed.
- Grab Quick, Grab Fast, put back what you don’t want. The first half hour is just like a NYC Sample sale. You want to get the good stuff before it’s gone. Trick to this is don’t think much, just go for what looks good, grab it fast. Then weed through your goods before check-out. People were eyeing my Willie Mays jersey for close to 2 hours, seeing if I would put it back. And I was eyeing a pair of Gucci sneakers, both the jersey and the shoes did not go back.
See you on the Streetz!
Balenciaga’s got you Covered for Cold Weather
The Balenciaga Oversized Layered Parka Coat-Product Number: 1234071
They call this the Oversized Layered Parka Coat. And yep, it’s for sure Oversized. 7 layers to be exact. Here’s what’s included:
- Plaid Shirts
- Jersey Hoodies
- Technical Fleece
- Cold weather Outer layer
- Cuffed sleeves
- 2 Front patch pockets (Hopefully more inside)
- Drawstring hood with coordinating hem
At a price of $10,405, it’s more than 1k per layer. This Coat packs a pretty big punch of Major Layered Swag. Sure hope they add some Balenciaga logos so everyone knows what you’re rockin’. It does say that: This is a pre-shot item; this product’s details are subject to change in production. I hope so, they for sure need to add some Balenciaga writing on it. For the price, you’ll want people to know it’s a Balenciaga. If you’re interested in slaying the layered look this Winter, you can purchase the Oversized Layered Parka Coat AKA: the 7 layered coat Here. *Pictures courtesy of MatchesFashion.com
See you on the Streetz!
The Make and Take Class for the 21st Century
The Shoe Surgeon teaches you the tricks of the trade creating your very own Air Jordan 1 from Scratch! The Video below shows students in action making their own Air Force 1’s.
This class is even better, You make your very own custom Jordan 1’s!!! Sweet! #1ofOne Included in the class is a pair of Air Jordan 1’s, Toolkit, All Materials, Daily lunch and some Bevies. From the looks of the application form, you probably get a comp shirt too!
Price is slightly steep at $3,000, but sure looks like a lot of fun! And if you really learned how to do this, you could start making customs for friends and others to make back the money. If I lived in NY, I’d probably try for a spot in the class & put the $$ on some credit card. Classes are September 6-9, 2018 in New York City.
Limited spaces are available, you can sign up for class here. Sounds like fun! What do you think? See you on the Streetz!
Listed above are the top 9 Trends for women & Top 8 Trends for men Fall 2018.
What do you think of the trends? What would you add? Delete? Let us know in the comments section.
*Trends from the Neiman Marcus fashion show August 2018
See you on the Streetz!
Y-3 Fits on Point
Y-3 Runway Show Menswear Spring/Summer 2019
Sunday June 24, 2018 Paris, France-Musee des Arts Decoratifs
Y-3 is the sporty athlesuire brand designed by Yohji Yamamto in conjunction with Adidas. They tend to stick true to their black and white color palette, with hints of various colors each season. For SS 2019 we see some reds, greens, blues and a tannish beige/Off White. Y-3 is one of Streetzblog’s favorite brands. If we save up $$ for something, it’s usually Y-3, Rick Owens, Off-White or Alexander Wang x Adidas.
There’s plenty of time to save up, the clothes in this video will be ready to wear in Spring/Summer of 2019.
Y-3 enjoys the greatness of being able to work with ateliers in both Tokyo and Germany. Bringing the best of both Countries together. This collection shows the specialty cuts from Tokyo/Yohji Yamamoto with innovative texture of clothing from Germany/Adidas. One of the Hot, New fabrics is used right now (June 2018) by athletes and will be available for all of us to wear in 2019. It’s the lightest Gore-Tex ever made entitled Shakedry.
The Biggest plus from the show are the clothes are getting back to baggy. Flowing, yet crisp Silhouettes. Some leggings inside of bellowing shorts and wide leg pants, which takes us one step further away from the Skinny Jean Fad. And the Kicks are very nice and comfy with the rad Y-3 logo ever present.
This Runway show needs to be watched 2-5x to get the full effect. It’s hard to decide whether the clothes or the kicks are the Star. Both looks are on my Most Wanted List. If you look close at the clothes, you may see the new Y-3/Skull logo. It’s there, just a bit hard to find. See what you think of the clothes and kicks and let us know in the comments section. And if you can’t wait till Spring/Summer 2018, you can get some nice deals (up to 30% off) on the y-3 stacked logo, limited edition James Harden collection or some nice Bashyo’s here at Y3.com
Below are some of the Best looks from the Runway. Pictures courtesy of Vogue.com See more pix here at (Vogue.com) Shakedry name supplied by Vogue and WWD.
See you on the Streetz!
Save some space for my clothes
Junya Watanabe SS 2019 Paris, France. June 22, 2018
It’s all about places to put your Keys, cards, and phones. So many Fanny Packs, Storage Vests, Sling Bags, Man Sacks, Power Purses & many multiple pocket pieces
Here’s one of my favorite Workwear looks. Check the Zip Pockets on Jacket. Cargo pocket pants
Some pretty nice back-end Camo pockets
See you on the Streetz!
Off White Spring Summer 2019 Runway Show-Paris, France 6/20/18
The stand up waist jeans with no belt
Ode to Dondi White and the Simpsons
The outfits in the crowd had some nice Off-White exclusives and lots of Ultra Decent Fits
New materials ala 1990’s rave/punk
Some new Docs x Off-White
Music was fun!
Seen in the crowd-New Off-White x Nike Blazers with bright orange Swoosh
New Off-White branding in stylized Script
Very similar to what we’ve been seeing
Not enough of what we want-T’s and Hoodies with Off-White in big bold letters on the back. As soon as any of these go on sale, they sell out very quickly.
Shorts too short