The T-Shirt/Dress Shirt Hybrid Shirt
I like to wear crisp, clean T’s under my suits. Mostly because the weather is hot where I live and they keep me cool. And the way suits are cut so slim nowadays, it feels pretty stuffy with a standard long sleeve dress shirt underneath. That scrunchy feeling sucks even more in the hot weather.
But there are times when I want so show off the fact that might suits are cut perfectly to show some cuff. Voila, along comes Berluti’s Half and Half. The torso and sleeves are cotton jersey like a T-shirt, and the cuffs are made like a dress shirt of poplin with hand sewn mother of pearl buttons. I doubt I would wear this alone, but with a slim cut 2 button suit, it would be really fun & stylish. The shirt’s a little pricey at $490, but if it comes in black or goes on sale, I’m gonna’ get one of these. People will be like Whaaat! are you wearing? I always enjoy a nice conversation starter, especially when it has to do with clothes or kicks. Berluti Dress Shirt/T-Shirt Available here
PUMA’s Spring Summer 2015 Collection-Dropping This Saturday February 28, 2015
Very New Town Chic Video from PUMA. It just gives a total vibe of Slick, Hip, Cool, and Stand-Out Street Cred Chic. Something I suspect PUMA could use. I haven’t had a pair of PUMA’s in like 25 years, maybe it’s time to try out their clothes.
Check out this Magical Mini-Mixer
Oh, think of the fun you could have at the Club this weekend. Would be super-fun to hack into the real DJ’s system with this gizmo. What a Blast! eh?
See you on the Streetz of Oahu this weekend. I hope to see the movie-Focus and hopefully eat at Buca Di Beppo. What are your plans? Let us know in the comments section.
MOSCHINO Spring/Summer 2015 Milan Fashion Week Runway Show
When I feel good, I always write. When I feel blue, I don’t always write, but when I do, it helps me feel better. Kind of like eating a bag of chips, but much healthier. Today is a day, I would say I had a rough, slightly stressful day. I say slightly, because I know that it is me that makes me feel stressful, not the things that happen around me. Although, on a day like this, the outside influences broke through and gave me stress.
I also haven’t done anything fun lately and don’t have anything from around town to write about. so when all of these various influences converge. I find a runway show and watch it a few times, then write about the Highlights and Lowlights. I looked for a men’s show, but didn’t see anything with enough Zing for today. Thus, I picked a fun MOSCHINO show. After the Show below, I will write-up the Highlights and Lowlights. I’ll tell you ahead of time, there are more High than Low, since it’s such a fun atmosphere. Makes me wanna’ bust out my Jeremy Scott Winged Hi-Tops for tonight’s festivities.
- Barbie Doll Look: This is fun! I do know it’s not for everyone and has some body issues. But, for the fun value, it’s there. Many of the models in the beginning look exactly like barbies my daughter used to play with in the 90’s.
- Selfie Stick Phone Case: It’s part of the bright PInk Barbie collection. Looks just like the mirror and brush you would purchase at Toys R Us, but has an iPhone inside of the pink casing. Probably a must have item for Spring 2015. I like it better than the McDonald’s phone case. it has usefulness to it via the #Selfie stick and it’s fun! McDonald’s just made me hungry.
- Colors: Bright PInk, Flo Green and Bright Pink together, Bright yellows, a bit of black, and some brazen, bright, shiny Gold. Nice!
- Sexiest Look: The grey patent pants with the pink patent belt. If you want to stand out in a crowd, this is a great look for you.
- Rad Bags: I like the big black and blue boom box bag, notice the MOSCHINO logo, yep it’s even on this. And the very tiny electric yellow back-pack is pretty sweet.
- LBD: The Little Black Dress with the colorful polka dots is one of my favorite looks of the show and not far behind it the LBD with the slightly harder to read than usual MOSCHINO name.
- The Models: I so love when they smile. These smiled, winked, looked sexy, swanky and oh so chic. And wow! Did you see the girl do the 360 on her roller skates. So Glad she didn’t fall off the Runway. I did see some eyes get quite big when she did her thing.
- Worst Dressed: Between the lady at the end with the Big red puffy thing around her waist and the yellow Bikini on top the blue skirt suit. I think that was the worst, just kinda’ tacky.
- Sunglasses: The Heart Shaped Sunglasses look just like the glasses they sell at the carnival for $2.50. I know the MOSCHINO line loves to take things to the extreme, but if these have a $300 price tag on them, that’s just not right.
- Raincoat thingy: Where did this even come from, it didn’t fit the vibe of the whole show and wasn’t very sexy or chic. Brownish green raincoat with some burnt gold. Yikes.
- The 10-12 minute mark: Towards the end, a bunch of mismatched stuff just started coming out of nowhere. Colors that didn’t go with the rest of the show, over the top tutus, art pieces, etc. Not sure if they needed this mix matched ending. The rest of the show was so cohesive, chic, fun, slick and flowed so well together.
What were your HIghlights? Lowlights? How are you feeling today/tonight? I’m better after writing. And Hopefully the evening will be better than the day. See you on the streetz.
Fifty Shades of Grey-Newest Music Video-Ellie Goulding: Love Me Like You Do
The video starts with the latest trailer from Fifty Shades of Grey, then it turns into the newest Ellie Goulding tune, Love Me Like You Do. Which actually turns out to be an extended trailer and shows even more scenes of the upcoming super hyped movie opening on February 14, 2015 (Valentine’s Day).
When the book reached staggering hype range, I did read it. That’s where sometimes books can be better than movies. I pictured 2 people way different looking than these two. I for one, for sure liked the 2 people that I saw in my imagination better than these 2. And I suspect, I’m a bit sour that no one in the Fifty Shades of Grey Streetzblog poll made the cut. Oh well, with all the hype, the movie has to be good? eh? And Big-Ups to Seattle making it to the Super Bowl and having their city featured throughout this movie. I bet tourism goes well for them in the next 8 months or so.
Did you read the Book? Are you going to the movie? Have you seen the streetzblog post from a while back, giving you way more than 50 ways to say the word Grey or is it Gray? Does anyone know the difference? I can’t even find the diff on the internet! Leave a comment down below if you like.
Charli XCX Feat. Rita Ora: Doing It
We featured Rita Ora in her Adidas wear a while back, so figured we’d post up her latest video. She’s also in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie, playing the part of Mia Grey.
Check out this vid, a bit of a take-off on Thelma and Louise and their wild car ride. But what I like is the 80’s vibe, the scratchy color effects splashing across the screen, the punkish attitude, funny guys at the pool and the #RetroChic aura of Ora and Charlie in the of the production of the video. Whatcha’ think? Hit, Miss or just Fun to Watch?
See you on the streetz of Oahu this week, hopefully I make it to the Beach! Cross your fingers for me. Thanks!
I spot Some nice Patent on This video
Last year, I was very close to getting a pair of Jimmy Choo’s. They were Black patent leather. They just didn’t have my size and it was 8:55 p.m-Not the greatest time to shop. I can’t quite tell what color these patent leather kicks are, but if they look as good in person as they do in this video, I just may need to re-visit my Jimmy Choo dealer. You may not even notice them, they flash across the screen so fast!
Also, it’s pretty sweet how this video uses 2 of the top 8 visual trends of 2015 in their video. Monochromatic Color and Sensory Immersion. These top 8 trends were announced earlier today (1/20/15) on an iStock Webinar. I’ll go over the top 8 iStock Top Visual Design trends in 2015 in-depth a little later this week. For those, who can’t wait, I’ve listed the trends below the video.
iStock Top Visual Design Trends For 2015:
- Point of View/POV
- Letterbox Look
- Busy with Boxes
- Monochromatic Color
- Sensory Immersion
- Super Still Life
- All Kinds of People
- Dynamic Women
See you on the Streetz on Oahu this week.
Friday Night Dancing
Kendall Jenner is one of the HOTTEST gals around at the moment. So let’s let loose on a Friday evening with her and a bunch of other Sexy models dancing away in an ultra-chic swanky hotel room.This vid shows Givenchy’s Fall/Winter 2014 collection. I bet if they knew how cold it really was going to be, there’d by more layers on these hotties.
*Music is a tribal-influenced electronic lounge tune by the Martinez Brothers.
Have a nice weekend. See you on the streetz of oahu.
DSMF@DSM Do Shop Many Floors at Dover Street Market
What’s Hot on the Streetz-December 2014
In December 2013 I somehow missed the Grand Opening of NY’s most Hip, Hype and Happening Hi-End Luxe Life shopping experience. DSM opened in December 2013 and Streetzblog has been hoping to go here ever since. Saturday December 20th they celebrated their 1-Year Anniversary party and we hit it up on Monday December 22, 2014. This will be more of a pictorial blog posting than editorial. So let’s get the party started with some hot brands and their special Comme Des Garcons Frozen selection.
On my list of things to do this year in NYC, DSM was on the top of the list. I always stay at 45th and Madison at the Roosevelt Hotel and most things are within walking distance, this is one of them. Located about 15 minutes away on Lexington and 30th is the 7 full stories of the Famed Dover Street Market with practically every Luxe-Life Street and Hi End Hip Brand imaginable on each and every floor. Some brands represented when we were there included: Thom Browne, Alexander Wang, Hood By Air, APC, Nike like you’ve never seen them before, Sunsea and of course…Comme Des Garcons. And, It’s not just a store but an art installation at the same time, Can you feel the art meets fashion Vibe here?
Here we see some gear that I’ve only seen on the internet and in magazines, but got to see LIVE in person at Dover Street Market in NYC. Check some of this nice Luxe-Life gear out!
It was a great time to stop by, they still had some of the 1st Anniversary Dover Street Market x Converse 70’s Limited Edition Kicks. These have extra bounce in them, shiny fronts, and the very a la mode blacked out color-way which makes them extremly comfy, very stylish and a must have while they last purchase ($145 plus tax).
As you would expect some of the pieces at the market are a bit pricey. But if you’re looking for what you’ve been seeing on the net and in the mags and enjoy living the Luxe-Life, DSM is the place for you. Or if you just enjoy browsing a really fun store, this is the place to go. It reminds me a bit of the Limelight Marketplace when it was the hippest place to go. Although, I haven’t checked up or heard about the Limelight for a couple of years. I do know that they are still there, so you may want to check them out-they also carry fancy Nike’s, Comme Des Garcons and maybe DJ Lui is still there?
DSM also has food, various Teas, and coffee on the ground floor. Oh, and they do have T’s. Go to the 6th Floor. These were a bit hard to find, so I wanna’ make sure you know that they are on Floor Number 6 and they have a nice selection of sizes for guys and gals-logo with stripes and without, made by Commes Des Garcons. If you’re not ready to spend 4K on a fine lambskin jacket, you may want a shirt or two. I couldn’t resist the limited edition DSM x Cons, almost bought a shirt, but I’m a shoe guy, so “had” to go for the kicks.
Say Hi to Jason if you go there, he was very helpful, nice and was wearing the new blackened out cons. Tell him you heard about DSM on Streetzblog, he’ll remember seeing me, I was dressed up for the location. Utilizing some of my fast fashion tricks with a few Luxe-Life brands slipped in for an all around 2014 Trend a la Moment look. And I matched really well today, which doesn’t always happen!
The only thing that comes between me and my Calvin’s is Streetzblog…and maybe Kate Moss.
I usually do a pretty simple Holiday campaign with stickers and shirts. In 2012 we had the SB logo in the original colors of black and red on white Anvil Shirts. 2013 I upgraded to slate grey American Apparel shirts with Orange and standard Gray colors on the logo.
In a couple of days, the 2014 campaign will unleash to the world. I’ve been seeing a CK Jean revival as of late. Mark Wahlberg is a huge movie star and Kate Moss is still looking hot and doing her thing after many years. So, with the help of Romeo Valentine, we tatted up the two and tweaked their underwear a bit. Be looking for the new stickers on the streetz of NYC this Thursday December 18th-23rd, 2014. And possibly a shirt or two if I can get all the pieces to the T-Shirt puzzle to fit together in time.
Look to Streetzblog over the next couple weeks. Covering NYC: December 18-23. And Chicago: December 24-29, 2014. In NYC, we’ll be reporting on the latest Street Style’s, Hottest Holiday Gifts, New Stores, Delicious foods, the Latest Kicks, Uptown, Downtown, and of course Mid Town-cause that’s where I’ll be staying. Chicago, we’ll be checking out some norm-core in the suburbs then hitting the streetz of Belmont.
Happy Holidays! Season’s Greetings! and Mele Kalikimaka! Maybe I’ll see you on the streetz of NY, Chi-Town or back in HI for New Year’s.
While we’re on the CK Tip, let’s check out a couple of pictures from their upcoming Calvin Klein White label Spring Summer 2015 collection. Check out the oversized logo on the undies. Pretty Rockin’ Whatcha’ think?
Warm Weather, Cool Breeze, We’ve got you Covered
Streetzblog Hot for the Holidays List December 2014
For this year’s first post on What’s Hot for the Holidays, I started out a bit Kitsch, flowed through some esoteric and left you with some solid Streetgear. Happy Holidays!
- Neon Zinka: Colored nose coat for the beach, Skiing and Snowboarding. The latest colors come in bright electric Pink and Teal. They also have Neon pink, green, purple, yellow and the standard white. More like a stocking stuffer than a real present. Either way, the colors are Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic. $7 each Available Here
- Urban Decay Pigment Palette: Keeping on the bright Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic page, these electric colors are pretty rockin’. All the colors you need are here: Neon Green, Yellow, Pink and of course Purple and Blue. 10 colors total. You can’t go wrong wearing these to your next 80’s/2014 party. $49 at UrbanDecay
- Voyager 10 Sunglasses: I can’t seem to pick an era these would go well in except now. A bit of a Lolita Shape, 1950’s tourtist color on the frames, with the 2013-14 Flo Green-Blue in the. lens. $195 at westwardleaning.com
- Typewriter Computer Keyboard: This has to be one of the strangest Let’s Go Retro and be Cool things to come out in a while. It’s basically an old fashion typewriter that attaches to your tablet, so that you can type on the typewriter and it shows up on the tablet. Made for Underwood by Jack Zylkin. $799 at usbtypewriter.com Note: When I went to this site to get ya’ll the url, many of the machines are SOLD-OUT. So I suspect this is less strange and more important to people than I originally thought.
- Clutch with speakers: Various colored Clutches with a built-in Stelle Audio audio speaker that blasts. $399 at rebeccaminkoff.com
- Socialmatic Digital Camera: Takes instant poloroid pictures on special paper and has Wi-Fi and blue tooth capabilities to upload your fav pix to FB or Instagram. Ever noticed how the Instagram logo looks a bit like the Poloroid camera? Hmm These camera’s will be available in January 2015 at poloroid.com Just too cool not to mention. Maybe you can get it for someone for Valentine’s Day? $299 when it comes available Here
- Thermacell Pro Heating Insoles: These insoles keep your feet toasty for 5 hours at 111 degrees! If I lived in a cold area of the world, I would buy these the minute I saw them. Almost as expensive as my kicks, but bet they’re worth it on a blizzardy ski Trip. $150 at thermacell.com
- Black Apple x New York Knicks: Now, here’s number one on my hit-list for myself for the Holidays. Limited Edition New York Knicks streetwear created by the guys from Public School. Was just available (12/5/14) at the MSG brick and mortar store. Now you can place an order from anywhere, just call 212 631 5390 or email them at email@example.com Better hurry, the last collection sold out before I even knew it was available. Find pictures on Instagram or as usual, just google it. Glad they were able to accommodate people outside of NYC. I’ll see if anything is left on December 20 when I visit the Garden.
- Echoluxury Kicks: Feit pronounced Fight at 2 Prince St. in NY has some slick new kicks. Only 60 are made of each shoe and each shoe comes from just one piece of leather. Wow, that’s a big cow! These are created by Price, the guy who invented Royal Elastics. The shoes with no laces. Various prices. Available at feitdirect
- Python Skateboard: Libra leather Home, a favorite store of Alexander Wang has a pretty dope looking python Skateboard and the leather king-Mitch Alfus has some very Luxe-Life footballs. Skateboard: $1,500 Football: $1,200 This would be the perfect place to shop for a rich friend who has “almost” everything. 72 Frankin St. in NY Now through January 31st. Then the King goes back to whatever Kings of the Luxe-Life do. I guess. More information on these products and others available Here
What the characters wear for The Hunger Games:Mockingjay – Part 1.
Kurt & Bart are the costume designers for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2. They are self-taught fashion designers who give much of their career education and vision to hanging out in the NYC club scene in the late 80’s. They previously created the now defunct street-wear brand Design Asylum. Film credits include the Dallas Buyers Club, Stoker, and Step-Up 3D. They deigned many of Britney’s big vids including Slave 4 You, Toxic and Me against the Music. They’ve also worked with other musicians including David Bowie, Courtney Love, Pink, and Justin Beiber.
Recently the two were nominated for a 2014 Costume Designers Guild award for their work on the Dallas Buyers Cub.
You and I know Kurt and Bart from their work on HBO’s How to Make it in America which streetzblog covered a couple of years ago before the very sad and sorrowful day that the HTMIIA went off the air.
In The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part , the duo directed the looks of the main actors along with 10,000 extras! Let’s take a look at some of the inspiration and looks we’ll see in the Mockingjay. The premiere was on Tuesday November 18th in Hawaii and it opens up across America this Friday November 21st, 2014.
Fictional character, Cinna/Lenny Kravitz knew that the Mockingjay would become the iconic symbol for Katniss and the districts. I will miss Cinna in the movie, but his inspiration sets the table for the mood board for the movie. Before his demise/death he secretly designed the Mockingjay clothing for Katniss. In the movie, the main battle gear Katniss wears is modular and flexible with magnetic wings, that are easily removed. The chest plate inspired by clothing worn by Japanese Kyudo archers. The combat jacket has nylon webbing detailing that crisscrosses at the waist to cinch it to create a magnificent silhouette.
Most of the marketing and all of the posters have shown the characters in BLACK to give us a sense of the mood to come in the new movie. I’m a color guy, so this is the part I find quite fascinating, The rad part of Katniss’ outfit is not just black-black, it glistens with a quite nice iridescent blackish-blue glow molded directly into the materials of the breast-plate and wings. And her gloves give off the golden color of the Mockingjay.
Interesting IMBD type tidbit: Jen Law was getting hit very often on her forearm from shooting so many arrows, thus, the designers added a special built-in arm guard on to her shooting arm to protect her during the filming of the movie.
Peeta wears a perfect design for the exquisite real world Diner en Blanc. It’s a white-on-white look utilizing pieces created by big time fashion designers Maison Martin Margiela and London fashion brand Unconditional. And check this out! The collar of Peeta’s shirt is actually made of paper designed by David Mason. It takes inspiration from paper collars worn by men in the late 19th century. Now, that is pretty trippy. Paper?
Johanna wears a white Alon Livne gown and guess what? a pair of Alexander Wang booties. At least that’s what she’s wearing in the Capitol Couture collection. In the movie, there’s not much glamor happening.
Wears beautiful architectural Szha Hadid for United Nude shoes and is accessorized by her standard issued statement jewelry by Alexis Bittar. She can also be seen in 2 extra-large men’s shirts buttoned together to form an oversized 4 sleeve dress! You’ll also notice her wearing a kerchief with a graphic map of District 13 printed on it. See if you can count how many times she changes up the look of the kerchief, I counted at least 6x.
She is missing all of her glitz and glamor from the first two movies. She is now in District 13 and not in the Capital, thus no fancy wigs and futuristic make-up. And she is pretty frickin’ upset that she doesn’t have her gear. Wait until you see her. She doesn’t even look like the same person!
Caesar/Stanley Tucci (Stanley Tucci as made famous from the movie, The Devil Wears Prada)
Wears a dynamic floral print suit that will have the fashion world buzzing.
President Coriolanus Snow/Donald Sutherland
Wears silk brocade dressing gowns and divine looking and feeling wool and cashmere blended jackets.
What to Wear to the MOCKINGJAY
To get your own Mockingjay game on. Check out the Hunger Games x Supra (MOCKINGJAY Pack). 2 of the 3 are on sale now at Supra. A 3rd version will be released on Black Friday.
The Supra District 13 Vaider uses carbon fiber embossed SUPRATUF leather similar to the breast-plate worn by the rebels of District 13. It’s matte black nubuck and ballistic nylon and features a 3D Districk 13 tongue logo. It also has a nice mockingjay silhouette that decorates the tongue liner and heel area. and includes a padded flame print mesh for comfort.
The Supra Capital Couture Skytop lV is all white and is a bit more limited, it features, comfy and supple full grain tumbled leather atop a metallic silver SUPRAFOAM midsole and all white rubber outer sole. A special 3 dimensional logo is on the tongue with smooth black pigskin providing pure luxury interior comfort.
The easiest way to get you gear going for Mockingjay is to make your own or buy a shirt with one of my favorite lines from all of the books. If we burn you burn with us.
Here is the shirt I made and wore to the second movie: I guess I need to make a District 13 in a hurry for this week. Shirt is styled by Streetzblog’s own Custom Lock and Chains.
Main Hashtag for the movie: #Mockingjay
See you on the Streetz, this week at a couple parties and at the premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 presented by Power 104.3 and at the premiere of Horrible Bosses courtesy of Krater 963.