Really? or Really!
Authentiqute by eBay brings us a candle made to smell like brand new Kicks. Is this a really! or a really? Depends on who you are. Sounds like a 1994 Radio stunt done with candles. But they are serious and have really made this candle to smell like some brand new sneakers. And are selling it.
This is Really! or Really? what they have done! Here is what Authentique mentions their candle smells like:
- Warm Pebbled Leather
- EVA Foam
- Cotton Blossom
And just like the Hottest sneakers, the candle if of course very limited. Unlike the newest J’s, it’s pretty inexpensive at $25. But probably already re-selling for $100+ What do you think of this? A must purchase or a Did they really do this? I guess if you were doing a Hypebeast themed party, it would be a fun scent to burn. A new car or new pair of kicks do smell good. But a room filled with glue and foam..Hmmmm I’m 50/50 on this one. And will just do Nag Champa for now. I could use the $25 for some food.
I suspect they are all sold out, but if you want to see the site where they are or were for sale, here is the link And below is the promo video:
After reading and writing about this, I’m headed to the basketball court to donate another pair of kicks for those in need. Will be dropping off a pair of triple carbon worn once Adidas Boosts. Crawford Park 2/15/21 2:00pm.
What else could we make a candle smell like:
- A new car-Obvious and a choice similar to this scent
- Fresh Snow or Rain-Rain I’ve seen. Snow could be a fun one. Or maybe Mountain Climbing.
- Bloomingdale’s-Ahh to bring back the air-conditioned air of crisp, clean clothes and shopping IRL
- Nag Champa-but you can just get some incense to do this
- The Bodega-Salami, Pastrami, Chopped Cheese with a touch of coffee, infused with essence of the carrot juice
- The Big Black Magic Markers of the 1970’s. Good way to get everyone high at your next party. Those markers were Potent!
- Chanel Nail Polish-similar to the Big Black Magic marker, but more luxurious
- Little Italy NYC-Pizza, Pasta, and the sweet scent of the Cannoli filling with a touch of powdered sugar
For some the scent of a crisp, clean pair of kicks is a wondrous moment for others more of a WTF instance. Either way, I bet this candle is Sold-Out by the time you read this blog post.
Promotional Idea: Have your readers/listeners/follower give you 5 of their favorite ingredients they would like to see in a fragrant candle. Then choose the most delicious or most creative. And have 100 of them made. Give the winner a couple and sell the rest on your website in the Limited Edition 1-100. Makes for a fun promo and a couple extra bucks in your pocket.
What do you think of the Sneaker candle? What Scent would you like to see made into a candle? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
We tend to stay close to the street, checking out new shoes, clothes and trends & taking care of the Street Meat Market Atelier on the Streetz…blog. And forget to show and post some of the color filled fun in the Sun. Here’s some pix from Kokoloio Beach Park. Saturday 2/6/21 during Super Bowl weekend. I stayed the day, others camped the night. Maybe next time, I’ll be more adventurous and give the tent a try. Enjoy the scenic waves, colorful water, billowy-sweeping trees, deep-cushy sand and bright blue skies from the North Shore of Oahu.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dope Music, Fluid Flow, & Comfy Clothes
Helmut Lang Runway Spring/Summer 2020
Spacious, Stark blanc en blanc room with pops of colored clothing…fluidly floating thru Time and Space. The Helmut Lang Runway show for the Spring/Summer 2020 season provides a nicely mixed soundtrack of techno tracks, with models perfectly choreographed to flow through the intersections of time and space provided.
Giving us high end luxury clothing that looks super comfortable to wear indoors and out. For both Women and Men. Trust me, Helmut Lang clothes are well constructed, made of high end fabrics, sewed to perfection. Flawless execution of fabrication deluxe. Below are the Highlights and Lowlights of the Helmut Lang Runway Show.
- The Music. Flow of it. Techno pulse of it. Vibe of it, to fit the Venue
- The multi pocketed Olive green cropped jackets
- The Comfy, Fluid, feel of the clothing. It all felt just so comfortable. Flowing, Swirling, thru the cross Trafficked runway
- The Army Green/Olive colors
- Use of straps (Both Men’s and Women’s)
- Silver on White
- Blanc en Blanc setting. Let the clothes do the walking and talking
- Bright Yellow. Yep, Even I liked the Color yellow popping through the stark white background
- The Light Green Men’s Suit
- Bright Yellow + Neon Pink Women’s dresses
- The Helmut Lang Quality of the Clothing
- Too much of the color White
- Not enough of the color Black. (Most of the best HL clothes are black or at least Gun Metal/Nickel colored)
- Da Vinyl clothing
- Beige/Brown. Two of the worst clothing colors other than White and Aqua
- The Faded blue Jeans Jacket and Pants. Just did not fit the rest of the higher end line of the Brand
Y-3, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Daniel Patrick and Chapter are streetzblog favorites featuring mostly darker shades of clothing, solidly made tailoring, to wear for many years to come. Over the last 3 years, Helmut Lang has become a go to favorite along the same lines as the brands listed above.
In December 2018, I had finished up a lunch with my friend at a super-good vegan joint near Union Square, NYC. I figured I’d head to Soho on Foot. Was a lot longer and colder than I expected. But, I landed at the Helmut Lang Sample sale. I do LOVE a good sample sale. And this was Perf for me. Almost the entire selection was my all time Favorite color-Black!
I was in that sample sale for like 2 hours. Trying on things, snagging & swooping upon shirts and pants as soon as someone put them back, and putting some back myself as I was on a Bit of a budget. Socializing, touching and feeling each and every piece of these high end quality items. And waiting for an XL or even a L to appear in the Hoodie section. I ended up with 5 items: Black Calf Skin Luxe-Life Kicks, Perfectly tailored Shorts, One T shirt and a pair of Gaberdine Trousers with crisp cool exquisite buttons on the bottoms of the legs. All at 70-80% off retail. Hanging out and purchasing these items, I became an instant fan of the Brand.
Here’s a picture of the Helmut Lang Luxe-Life Kicks. Super comfortable in the color black…of course:
Recently (January 2021) before going on my 90 day no shoes no clothes purchasing cleanse. In January 2021, I re-found Helmut Lang during their Surplus Sale. Was just like a NY Sample sale, yet on line. Not quite as much fun, no hanging with people, no touching the fabrics, no trying on clothes and shoes. But I did know the quality would be there. Scored some pretty dope pieces yet again. A long Sleeve Army Green Modal Cotton (The kind of cotton that is smooth and silky on the skin) A really nice pair of 3m striped pants (Black with silver stripe), a pair of Gun Metal Colored shorts similar to the sample sale, just a bit more fitting and of course a T shirt. Budget was under $225, retail was over $1050. SCORE!
Here’s the Helmut Lang F/W 2020 Pants with Silver 3M Stripe:
I’ve got my eyes on the New Helmut Strap joggers and the Strap knee length shorts. Hope they have enough stock for a sample or surplus sale on these 2 items. Maybe in May. And Maybe in May, we can shop in store again? Hope, the in-store experience comes back sooner than later. I really cant go anywhere nowadays, I like to touch the materials too much, and peruse for way longer than the usual customer. Thus, it’s way too risky of an endeavor for me in March 2020 thru May? 2021.
If you want to see the new goods or the current sale, check Helmut Lang out right here
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Rick Rocks the Dystopian Athleisure Goth
Place: Venice, Italy Date of Show: January 2021 Name of Show: Gethsemane
Paris Fashion week is back and so is Rick Owens. Gone are the abstract art interpretations of his Menswear show. And Back, what he does best. Mostly Black colors with some Dark greys and bits of contrasting whites. This show is what you would expect to see if you thought of Rick Owens the Brand.
Models parading through the smoke and fire in the dystopian VIP line. Lots of nice black clothing. Some dark greys. Slits and slashes, bit of bondage. If you think Rick Owens, this is the show for you. Even the music, may have been repetitive but matched the mood of the clothing line and presentation perfectly. The music and show had a nice Cynamatic style, not to brash, precision flow, right on target.
Even had an ode to Dracula/Vampires with the bellowing black capes. This is how I prefer to see a Rick Owens show. Doing what he does best-Hi-End Dystopian Athleisure Goth. Vibe of show, clothes at show, music, all perfectly match the Rick Owens brand. Well done. A+ Four Stars.
- The gathering area prior to walking the Streetz/Runway. Dope like a VIP line for a nightclub
- The Smoke/the Fire/the Ambiance
- The Setting and Music worked well together
- The Black and Grey Colors of the Clothing. Rick’s best work is done in BLACK. He does not need to change that!
- Bondage straps
- Precision Holes and cuts in the fabrics
- Mask Wearing
- The Finale
I liked this show so much, there aren’t many Lowlights. But because it’s the streetzblog tradition to provide the two, here are the only lowlights.
- The out of place abstract purple puffer jackets
- The white underwear (briefs) Just was not needed and didnt fit any of the rest of the show
- Chunky high heels for men. Just not a fan of them
- The light blue, once again did not fit with the rest, but there wasnt much of it, so its ok
Great Show and Glad that there was a Paris Fashion week 2021. Maybe next year, I can visit in person.
See you on the Streetz…blog
Fast & Furious F9 screeches to Theaters (soon)
The Fast and The Furious franchise continues with Fast & Furious 9 AKA F9 set to release in May 2021. Hopefully on the Big Screen. This set of movies is really only awesome when you watch it on the Big Movie Screen. Or you can watch the 4.5 hour F&F on TBS and not go to bed till 2am. LOL Actually not that funny, I’ve done it a couple times and had lots of trouble waking up for work the next day. And I have probably seen Fast & the Furious Tokyo Drift 12x. I like the music, vibe, fashion, style, cars, and of course the drifting. What’s your favorite F&F movie? Let us know in the comments section. (Author’s Note: I own a black Mitsubishi Lancer from watching the Fast and the Furious movie Franchise)
F9 is set in London, Georgia (hmm) and Thailand. Looks like a mix of F&F, Mission Impossible with a bit of James Bond mixed in. The star Power is pretty impressive: Vin Diesel, John Cena, The Rock, Jordana Brewster, Paul Walker, Tyrese, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, Charleze Theron, Kurt Russel, Eva Mendes, Lil’ Bow Wow, Even Lucas Black (NCIS) from Tokyo Drift is back!
AND from the looks of the trailer below, Sung Kang/Han Lue returns from the dead in F9. He’s one of the most fun characters, but I swear he died in Tokyo Drift, but keeps making appearances every couple of years. Last time, he made an appearance, I think they said it was a “prequel”. This time, who knows where he came from? Hope they just think we forgot and he’s just back IRL and not just a mirage, vision or nightmare of Dom’s. I like Han, he usually shows up just in time to provide some snacking levity, right when the movie gets too intense.
There’s even one rumor circulating on the net that Han’s body was taken by Eteon who used Highly advanced Cyber-Punk enhancements to transform him into a living, “breathing” import car driving, fighting machine. That doesn’t quite sound like the Han we know. We’ll just need to wait to find out how Han is back again when F9 comes out either on our TV or hopefully at the theater.
And for those who may have forgotten Letty passed away in Fast & Furious. She was awakened from her “death” in another movie with a bit of amnesia. You know, it might just be like the Batman and Spiderman movies. Time doesn’t really exist, it just morphs around. Let’s just hope that theaters can hang in there long enough for James Bond and F9. The movie theater is the only and best place to watch these two action packed, well-renowned franchises. BTW: The Matrix 4 brings back some people who we thought died, but the Matrix world is already rigged for time and space not to exist, it’s already in the 10th dimension of reality.
In the 1990’s on Lexington parallel to Broadway in Soho and Noho, existed a nice row of stores: Supreme, Triple Five Soul and XLarge. Back then, it was near impossible to catch a cab from Soho back to Mid-town. So, I’d find myself wandering in the near freezing December temperatures, in and out of these stores and others mostly for warmth. Little did I know that I should have been buying up inventory to sell in the lucrative Vintage clothing era of 2021.
I do still have one T from Triple Five Soul, I gave away my XLarge flannel, mainly cause it was too Big on me and I never bought any Supreme. I didn’t really felt safe in there back then. Maybe my age or was all in my imagination.
Get Fast, Get Furious with XLarge Hoodies and T’s
The Iconic Lexington Ave NYC store, XLarge, now in Japan, has teamed up with The Fast and the Furious for a 2021 collab collections of hoodies, pocket T’s and long sleeved shirts.
Here’s the listing of what you can expect from this collab:
- Dom Toretto/Vin Diesel in full race ready mode
- Suki from 2 Fast 2 Furious
- Twinkie/Lil Bow Wow and Sean Boswell/Lucas Black staring at the over the top bright green Hulk car
- Scene from Tokyo Drift a bit prior to Sean tearing apart Han’s car attempting to race the Drift Master
The Fast & the Furious x XLarge Collab drips and drops this Saturday (1/23/21) AT THE XLARGE stores in Japan and at the ZOZOTOWN on-line shop. Pix of clothing courtesy of XLarge Japan and Hypebeast
See you on the Streetz!
Gucci Fake Not Collection
#RealFake #FakeReal is one of my favorite subjects to blog about. This time around its Gucci doing their version on the Real Fake World of fashion. They have a fake Gucci logo with the duo colored stripe as seen in the 80’s. But that’s not the highlight as far as I can see. Its the Blatant, Bold wording on the bags and clothing that is the fun in this collection.
Side one has the word FAKE and on the other Side is the word NOT. Garments, T’s, Windbreakers have it too. But of course, it’s the Bags that everyone wants. I for sure would have tons of fun slinging one of these #RealNotFake bags around town. For now, here is the link to the goods. Might sell out quick, so hurry if you want some Fake Nots. Here’s a few pix from the Gucci Fake Not Collection:
And here’s some #Realfake bags I picked up on the NYC mid-town streetz in December 2019. I’ve been meaning to spray paint them with Flo orange and Flo pink, haven’t gotten around to it yet. But I did spray paint my wall a bit. Probably wasn’t my best moment during Covid-2020. But, I guess that’s just how we roll sometimes.
If you want to see more on the Real fake world check out some additional blog posts about this theme:
See you on the Holiday Street…blog!
What do you See?
Watch the video above and see what you see? You may see people playing catch with a basketball or you may see something else? Watch the first time with zero expectations and see what you see? Then take a moment and watch again very, very carefully.
Did you see the extra? Let us know in the comments section. Have a nice Day! See you on the Streetz…blog!
You can also ask in the comments section, What should I be looking for? And we’d be happy to assist you. Its pretty fun! Watch and share with your friends and family.
2020 Halloween. Strange and Stranger Things. Quarantine. Binge Watching, Lockdown. The Tiger King. Amazon. Work from Home. Buy from your Bed. TikTok.
It will be different this year. Try your best to have some fun. Not too much happening this year. But we still have our yearly list of Top Trend/Pop Culture costumes for the year.
The Top 60 Halloween Costumes for this year-#pop culture/#Trend/#Year 2020
Top Costumes for 2020 are:
- Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian
- Amazon Box
- Tiger King’s Joe Exotic. AKA: Maldonado Passage AKA: Joseph Schreibuogal
- White Claw Seltzer Can
- Harley Quinn: Been there done that, but you can never have enough Harley Quinn’s and Scary Clowns on Halloween
- Postal Worker
- Billie Eilish
- Hand Sanitizer
- Vaccine Needle
- Tiger King’s Carole Baskin. Tie-dye shirt and good to go
- Black Panther
- Eddie Van Halen or group it adding in David Lee Roth and the other guys in the band
- Emily in Paris-Think Plaid and Red Beret. Or short skirt and colorful everything else with matching purse … of course.
- Doctor or Nurse
- Naomi Osaka-She always wears her mask. So great timing.
- Schitts Creek Moira Rose
- David Rose from Schitts Creek
- Dr. Fauci
- Clorox Wipe
- Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich
- Megan Fox + Machine Gun Kelly
- Arianna Grande + Lady Gaga ala the “Rain on Me” video
- Finn from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Luke Skywalker
- The Addams Family
- Fleetwood Mac
- Cranberry Juice
- The skate boarding man with the cranberry juice listening to Fleetwood Mac
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg-Just need a black wig, black glasses and black cloak
- Nurse Ratched-Play the part too, Evil
- Kobe Bryant
- Team Clueless-Turned 25 this year
- Hippy-The age of Aquarius is 2021
- Demogorgon from Stranger Things
- The Mandalorian
- Borat with the bright green monokini-I dare you to wear this. LOL
- A Murder Hornet
- Blackpink, BTS, Monsta X group costumes
- The Masked Singer
- Cardi B-WAP
- Michael Jordan-The Last Dance…Yep that was this year!
- The Gal Pals from Hocus Pocus-Been seeing them show up a lot on my TV lately this year (October 2020)
- Starlight and the Seven from The Boys TV show
- Zoom Call Group Costume
- Sister Night from the Watchmen
- Mike Pence with Giant Fly in Hair
- I guess you could be Trump or Biden
- Jesse-with or without the kids and the butler
- The Los Angeles Lakers-2020 Champions
- Door Dash, Uber, Lyft Driver
- Baby Sharks
- TikTok Star
- Work from Home group costume
- Your Co-workers. Cats, Dogs, Family members, Plants, Food, Drinks, computer
- The Four Seasons Group Costume-Spring, Summer, Winter + Fall
- Freddie Kreuger or Jason
Anything Nostalgia/Safe/Retro/Happy Like:
- Back to the Future’s Marty McFly and Doc Brown
- Mr Rogers-Red Cardigan and some low key low-top converse kicks
- Bob Ross-Big Wig, paint with brush and maybe an easel
- The Happy Days Posse The Fonz, Richie, Joanie & Chachi
- The Golden Girls
- Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch
- Backstreet Boys or Nsync
- Classic Disney Characters
- Popeye + Olive Oyl
- The Wizard of Oz. Dorothy, The Tin Man, Scarecrow, The Lion, The Good and even the Bad witch. If you’ve ever seen Wicked, there’s a big surprise near the end of it regarding the Bad Witch. So, I would include her in the group.
Check out the difference a couple years make, see the Top Halloween Costumes of 2018 here on the Streetzblog.
What will you wear this year? Is there a costume we missed for the 2020 list? Let us know in the comments section. Have a Happy Halloween!
Heaven or Hell…You can Choose
I saw this saying on a shirt in a street stall in Camden, England. It was a #realfake Ed Hardy look alike. And was a bit small for me, but I liked the design and saying so much, I bought it. Never was able to fit into it, but the slogan was a good reminder on how you can train your mind for a good Moment, Day or even year.
Everyday, you have this choice, to have a good day or a bad day. Kelly Clarkson ends her show with: Have a Good Day! And if it’s not, then Change it!
The Blur between Awake and Asleep is where the Magic Happens
Benjamin Hardy PHD, says something along the lines of the blur between your sleep and your awake state is when the best ideas occur. He encourages us to wake up at 5am. I’m the most extreme night person with a 9a-5p job I know, so awaking at 5am is very daunting. Yet, this morning I saw his thoughts in action.
I awoke, meditated for about 5 minutes, then went to brush my teeth. As I did this, the “Poem” below sprang out of my brain so fast, I had to grab a pen and write it all down. And within 4 minutes the “Poem” below appeared on paper. Even the Rhymes came out. I tweaked maybe 2-3 words when I proofed it. But, it ALL did flow in one quick, non stop, powerful stream of words to paper.
Maybe my 9am is like Benjamin’s 5am? Since I didn’t go to sleep until 1am. LOL
In most of the streetzblog posts, they can take an hour to days to weeks to months to do. Especially things like the Longest list of the most Fashionable movies and the Biggest list of Jordan tunes. Those took months.
Here we go with about 4 minutes while I was in the Magical moment between awake and Asleep. Hope you enjoy it!
In the Rubble, the Crumbs, will Rumble
The Stores are closed. Retail Therapy. What is That. The Hunger Games are real. Can you hear the Mockingjay Squeal?
All Dressed up and Nowhere to go. Who will see you. No one. The streetz are desolate. Your friends are in hiding or on their cherished Screen. Will anyone Hear you when you Scream!
They say it will get better, Believe. You. Me. It will. A different better. Probably. Masks all Day. Fallin’ Trees. Burnt down homes. And stores no More. Will we See the Rise from the new Norm?
Yes we will. And we Can. Just Wait a few more weeks to remove your Mask. And see Smiling Faces, New Places and the Dawn of New days. Different. Better. Worse. Yes to all of the above. You see What you want to See. Please try and See and Imagine the Best. Most Happy for You and for me!
Streetzblog Date: 10/20/20