Finished Pants Project One
The Christmas 2015 Cryllic Streetzblog shirts made it from NY to HI today (7/27/16). The same day I completed the Seersucker Pants Project.
Above is the front of the new shirts and the right side completed pants leg.
The pants started off as $130 Suit pants on sale at Kohl’s for $50. They now have 2 overlapping layers, Black Stripes on both sides with the right side a bit more tricked out with the grey design. Also, cuffed them and took in the inseam. Quite a project!
Here is the right leg. Similar to the left leg, just missing the grey acruements.
What I call my mood board for the next project. That’s just page one, there are an additional 5 pages of other pictures and influences I plan to use. At the moment, I’m putting together the basic portion of the pants. Later on comes the fun embellishing portion. I tend to let my brain cruise. Then burst into action as I make them into something completly new!
In just one day, I cut out a pattern using an older pair of pants. I made 4 legs, only needed 2 LOL. And I have 4 flat pocket portions. Did them with paper first, pinned em’ then cut out the black linen blend. So far, this project is moving quick!
Front and back legs, All cut up and ready to sew.
Goal of the new black linen pants to be finished is Wednesday August 24, 2016. I want to wear them to the Cubs game in Chicago on Friday September 2nd. So far, so good.
See you on the Streetz!
H&M x KENZO
Earlier this week, I was thinking it was just about time to hear what the new H&M Collab would be for November 2016. And Voila! Today/Wednesday May 25, 2016, Vogue.com reports that it’s going to be KENZO x H&M for November 2016. Official Hashtag is: #KENZOxHM The Women’s and Men’s Collection of ready to wear and accessories arrive in 250 H&M stores and on-line on Thursday November 3, 2016.
Past Collabs have included:
Balmain , Alexander Wang (My Fav)-2014, Isabel Marent-2013, Marni-2012, Versace-2011, Lanvin-2010, Comme des Garcons-2008, Karl Lagerfield-2004. Also: Beyonce, David Beckham and Viktor& Rolf.
See you on the Streetz and at H&M in Waikiki on Thursday November 3rd, 2016.
Heat on the Street!
Nike Lab teams up with Balmain’s designer of the Celebs; Olivier Rousteing. This collection brings you High End Black and Gold Jackets and Pants for Men and Women. Along with 4 pairs of Football kicks. Including my favorite pair shown above. I like the Simplicity of the Style and the Gold Metallic Back Zip the best!
The whole collection is Black and Gold, Olivier’s favorite colors and the perfect Color-Way for an Olympic year!
I find it pretty amusing that most websites and bloggers are calling the shoes Football inspired. Which, YES, they are in most of the world. But even the U.S sites don’t mention that they are what people in the U.S call Soccer Kicks. I know I got in trouble 1x on YouTube for siting a movie as a Soccer movie. Almost incited an internet riot. So, they’re probably better off calling them Football compared to Soccer. And The Whole Black and Gold ensemble is entitled the “NikeLab x Olivier Rousteing: Football Nouveau” collection. I just figure, I can take the Heat on the word Soccer. I think some are gonna’ be a little confused.
But in reality, this collection will most likely be worn more at the Club then on the Pitch/Field.
This is some pretty Styling Gear. Even though the hype is only 10 days. I suspect it will fly off the net and out of the NikeLab locations.
On June 2, 2016 you can try your best to cop the Kicks and Gear Here. For now, check out the Vid starring OR himself…Hey-Where’s his A-List posse of beautiful people? Playing Football? Maybe Soccer? Probably taking a nap, getting ready for the next party. Wherever they are, it’s good to see OR in action working and the collection is Pure Fire. 🙂
Nice Pants! Fall 2016
The men’s runway shows are bringing us some pretty dope clothes for Fall 2016. In the previous blog we saw some nice jackets and pants from Dsquared2. Today we find some pretty bangin’ pants from Yohji Yamamoto and Dries Van Noten.
- The color black. There will never be a new black. Maybe slate grey, but nah, black will always rule.
- Straps: I used straps on my DIY bomber jacket, Stampd used them in 2015 on their bombers and a pair of trousers. I own a pair of chapters with a couple straps. But this is next level twisting, flipping, turning, cropping, of the black strap. Very nice!
- Layering black on black always a dope look.
- Possible skirts for the mainstream? They don’t quite look like a kilt or a skirt with the layering, so maybe this will be the year?
- And we can see the skinny and super skinny jeans of 2011-2015 finally and definitively moving towards a more bulky, comfortable silhouette. Whew!
Pictures courtesy of Monica Feudi and Vogue.com
Dries Van Noten
- Sweet Pin Stripes.
- Crisp, cool, a bit more bulky than before pin striped shorts. A must have for Fall 2016.
- Once again, The skirt that’s not a Skirt. Layering and changing up the cut could be the breakthrough?
- The layered look.
- Comfort is in. From these 2 runway shows we see just a touch of the more bulky baggier look. In some of the other shows for Fall 2016, the pants are even wider than these. Gonna be a great year for men’s clothing especially pants.
Pictures courtesy of Yannis Vlamos, Indigitalimages.com and Vogue.com
See you on the Streetz! This week, nothing too special, maybe some eating, sleeping, and resting. Before Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl.
HOT x 3 at Dsquared2’s Runway Show
Lately, my favorite designers are PSNY, Stampd and Chapter. All 3 utilize my favorite colors black and grey and have distinguished Street x Tailored looks.
Today (January 21, 2016) I found these pictures from the Dsquared2 Milan Fall 2016 Runway Show. They take the Street x Tailored trend up a couple notches.
The look on the left utilizes the hip and happening shorts on top leggings and takes the pants to the next level with crisp, cool slacks with crazy stitching, the shorts seem to be made of a really nice fabric, and all goes well with the over-sized double jacket set and the sexy combat boots complete the multi textured combination…all black on black on black on black. Wowza!
The Middle attire adds in some punk aspects with the tartan plaid. Then totally changes the game with a bomber jacket sleeve mixed with a suit jacket body. If I were to add color to my preferences, it would be with plaids, especially this one! Interesting bottoms, with a spice of 90’s shirt wrapped around the waist complete the Street x Tailored styling. I’d wear the jacket for sure.
And on the far right, we see a similar jacket, using the bomber sleeve with a cropped black suit jacket. Not too keen on the colored vest, shirt and tie. But this jacket rocks!
Sometimes, Dsquared2 becomes a little difficult to find the exact runway pieces in-store. If I found it, I’d rock the shorts and pants on the left with the jacket in the middle.
Nice job Dsquared2!!
3 Great Looks from the Dsquared2 Milan Fall 2016 Runway Show
Go to Guide-Dover Street Market NYC
Continuing to create new episodes of content, Streetzblog is keeping in the tradition of multiples ala the Hawaii Designs and Makiki Heat Series. With the Go to Guides. These will be guides to various places throughout the world with ideas and suggestions on where to shop, eat and sleep. In that order.
We also think it would be cool if you could add in your own suggestions on the Go to Guides in the comment section. Either mention something that pertains to this area of town or give us a tip on the similar subject but in your part of the World. The more tips and suggestions the better experience it will be for the various Streetzblog visitors looking for places to see, shop, eat, play and sleep.
Today’s go to guide takes us to the #funandfabulous Dover Street Market NYC experience. As done by Scott at Streetzblog 2x. Once in 2014 and the other time in 2015, both in the month of December. BTW: Happy New Year! (1/1/16)
Streetzblog.com’s Go to Guide to Dover Street Market NYC
- Head Down 45th to Lexington, make a right, pass the Post Office. Go to Grand Central Station. Note: If your suitcase is too full of goodies from NY, stop by the Post Office on Lexington and send a large pre paid box back to your home. During the Holidays, You can even watch a bit of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer while you stand in line.
- Grand Central Station: I suggest going in to the marketplace. Here you can find the freshest Meats, Cheeses, Candies and a full-on Cornucopia of delicious delicacies. Great presents and you can take awesome photos of the freshest food around town.
Secret Time: Now this isn’t quite as fun as finding these places all over the city and going to the original venues. But if you are low on time or just like to get things done quickly. Go into Grand Central Station and you’ll find some of NY’s and the World’s best and most talked about institutions. These include the Shake Shack (Remember the Shake Shack in Central park in Sex in the City, we’ll this is is the place) The same burgers, French fries and frozen custard can be found here. Magnolia Bakery-Try the famous Red Velvet Cupcake or buy a box for the relatives you’re coming back to or going to visit, Cipriani Dolci, Diptyque, Frankie’s Dogs on the Go, Juniors Bakery (Like the cheese cake place with the long lines in Times Square, yep same place), Michael Jordan’s the Steak House NYC, the New York Transit Museum and Gallery, Oyster Bar and Restaurant-this is the place you see in all the TCM movie classics and yes! it is the oldest restaurant in all of Grand Central, Two Boots Pizzeria, Zaro’s Bakery-been around for over 75 years and still tasting as good if not better as day one!.
It took me 28 x going to NYC to find the secret to getting all you need in 1 place. And the place to go is Grand Central Station. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on seeing the town. But this is a super-duper secret if you are low on time or just want to see everything you imagine NY to be all in one simple destination.
- Step out of Grand Central Station and continue down Lexington. There’s a couple good deli’s to pick up some coffee-In NY I always order Deli Coffee extra Sweet and Light-it’s like drinking a donut with caffeine or get some fresh carrot juice along the way. And don’t worry you didn’t walk past DSM yet, its about a 15-20 minute walk to DSMNY.
- DSM: Be careful that you don’t miss DSM. You need to pay attention and turn right at 160 Lexington Ave. at 30th. Street. The area looks very residential. But yes, this is Dover Street Market. I suggest that you go to each floor and see what’s going on. Bring your camera to take pictures of the monthly art installations along with some of the best clothes you will ever see in one place. Note: Some things are a bit pricey so be prepared. The first year I bought the DSM x Converse black Hi-Tops and the 2nd year I nabbed a Patricia Field Black with white lettering Vogue in Japanese Snapback. I was very tempted to get the Commmes Des Garcons drop crotch shorts, but they were just a little too pricey for my budget on that day. Also while there, make sure you talk to the workers, they are usually very friendly and happy to help you find what you’re looking for. They are also dressed very hip and happening. Check out their looks for inspiration.
- Note: If you can’t make it to DSM in person they have a great Mail order shop entitled DSMNY E-Shop. It’s here you can purchase the limited edition items. I picked up a Jordan x DSM shirt and a sweet Commes Des Garcons x Supreme blue plaid workers jacket that I get lots of complements on. Yes, it was pricey, but very worth it!
- After shopping or Window Shopping at DSM. Go back the way you came a couple blocks and eat at Vezzo the thin crust pizza joint. It’s dark inside which always rates an A+ for me, the pizza is really good and they have a fantastic Arugula, slivered cheese, pear, and Gorgonzola salad to die for. And the serving is HUGE. Perfect after a long walk and many steps in DSM, I think there are 7 total floors at DSM and the best and most fun way to see it all is be the steps. (They do have an elevator so no need to panic).
- After you eat, you can head over to Korea town, or back track to 37th and head to Around the World magazines. That’s what I did the last time I was there. Around the World Magazines has some of if not the best Fashion magazines all in one spot. And in the back there are older editions of great titles for awesome prices along with additional fashion and graphic design oriented books. Around the World Magazines is located at 148 West 37th Just past Broadway.
- After the Magazine store, lunch and DSM my daily budget is pretty done. So I usually walk back to the Roosevelt Hotel on 45th and Madison. My favorite hotel in all of NYC. Say Hi to Alfredo if you go there. Tell him you heard about him from Scott from Hawaii on Streetzblog. I’m sure he’d be delighted to see you. If you do stay here, make sure you make it to breakfast on at least 1 of your days. They guys down there are super friendly, they have unlimited Starbucks coffee, fresh fruit, some of the best bacon in the world and it’s a pretty cool vibe with pictures of Teddy Roosevelt on the walls and great views of the streetz from the seats. The Roosevelt Hotel is located at 45th and Madison Ave. smack dab in the middle of Mid-Town.
Vibrant Subway Style
The Hype is heating up for the Balmain x H&M collection. The September 12 Balmain x H&M Update wasn’t too long ago, when we received a great glimpse of the Men’s collection. Now we have some of the looks shot by famed fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti. As seen on some pretty hot models/celebrities including Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Jourdan Dunn, Dudley O’Shaughnessy and Hau Yun Xiang.
When you love the Balmain world, you love the models that are part of it too. Kendall, Gigi, and Jorudan are my friends , and they are the perfect choice to star in the Balmain x H&M campaign. Olivier Rousteing, Creative Director of Balmain Paris.
The Balmain x H&M collection releases in store and on-line on Thursday November 5th. Time to start saving some $$. I’m expecting some good deals because it’s with H&M, but Balmain is typically pretty pricey designer swag. Check back with Streetzblog, We’ll continue to cover the updates and will be there in line live tweeting on November 5th. Might even try some perescoping If I’m awake enough.
See you on the Streetz!
On The video Streetz-June 2015
Rita Ora POISON
I’ve always enjoyed Rita’s style and collabs with Adidas. Here we see her in a video. It’s part Song, Part Story, Part backstage fashion shoot and even possibly part Frizz Ease commercial. Whatever it is, if you like style, swag and fashion, it’s very fun to watch.
rag and Bone’s The Driver
And I for some reason, I can never remember this English Bloke’s name, but whenever I see him I like watching him in his videos. He totally exudes full throttle/low-key/complete bad ass English Thug attitude. This is a bit long for a person living in 2015’s attention span, but the actor is per usual on it. Check it out if you have the time. BTW: His name is Stephen Graham known for This is England, Gangs of New York, Snatch, Pirates of the Caribbean and one of my favorite books and movies; London Boulevard.
Here’s Stephen Graham in one of the best Song/Story videos of all time. Kaskade x Deadmau5 with I Remember.
Enjoy and have a nice weekend!
Kaskade x Deadmau5 I Remember
PATENT at the Street Market
This Thursday April 16th, 2015 Dover Street Market unleashes the NikeLab Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG x DSM (Obsidian/White). These will be available at the NikeLab Space at the Dover Street Market NY store and on the DSMNY E-SHOP.
According to the DSMNY website, they aren’t quite sure of the launch time, but you can enter your name and email next to your size. And they will email you the information once it becomes available. Price: $185
Nice all-obsidian blue patent leather upper with white outer sole. Perfect to wear with a suit. Although, It looks like the only mention of Dover Street Market is the DSM branding on the insoles. They also have a limited edition Jordan x DSM shirt and hat on sale this Thursday April 16th. You can sign up for an email for these 2 items also.
Since these are Jordans, I suspect they will go quickly. When I was at DSMNY, I noticed most of the staff and some shoppers wearing a special pair of NikeLab kicks in a beige colorway. It was the first time I’d ever seen them. Since then I’ve only noticed them on a female Runway model. Look like they were pretty limited.
The other shoe collab that I like is the Converse x DSM. I have a pair of these and they are the newer re-imagined Cons with an extra bounce in the sole. Very comfortable, you can really tell the difference. They are a pure black-Out colorway with a DSM design/logo in white. I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in Hawaii who has a pair of these. And some are still available on the DSMNY website.
If you are in or go to NY, I would suggest visiting the store, it’s quite a fun place to visit, What do you think of the DSM collabs so far? Anyone know more about the beige pair? Thoughts on the new Obsidian Blue Patent J’s?
PSNY Brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2015
The Public School NY S/S 2015 Runway Show is delicious spectacle of impeccable tailoring, comfortable fabrics, a pleasing color palette for both men and women with a one-man band. Check out the show and as usual some of the Highlights and Lowlights are provided below the video for a quick snapshot of the show. You may be time starved and just want to read a quick take on the show. I know I get that way sometimes. Just want to read and run, especially on a weekday.
- The One Man Band: Wow! One man all decked out in Public School clothing sounding like a 5 piece band. He sings, plays guitar, tweaks the computer/synth machine to bring a full blown sound to the show all in the present moment.
- The Color Palette: Black and White, Grey and a bit of Cobalt blue. What else do you need for the perfect Health-Goth look! *I read somewhere, not sure where, but have heard rumour that PSNY may explore a new color or 2 in Fall or Winter 2015-16.
- The Materials: The fabrics practically speak the word comfortable.
- Shorts: My personal favorite are shorts that are cut just below the knee. PSNY has them in black, grey and white. Nice!
- Sexy: The females have skirts cut at the perfect length for Summer. And that grey dress with the little mid-riff slit near the end of the show is pretty slick.
- Hats: Not sure how they fit into the show. I guess they look alright on the ladies, but not quite a favorite look of mine for the guys. They’re kinda like old-fashioned flight attendant caps, yet in all black. Maybe it’s where I live, but it would be a hard look to pull off here. I suspect it would work better in Morocco, NY or maybe Paris?
- Shorts: Some were cut above the knee. I doubt the NY bred designers Maxwell Osborne and Dao-Yi Cho would rock them above the knee, I know I wouldn’t,
- Where are the clothes?: Many times on streetzblog we write about things way ahead of time, thus the clothing typically isn’t ready to wear. Today, the show is S/S 2015 and the clothes on-line are S/S 2015. Yet, it’s hard to find the tailored shorts below the knee. Maybe they’ll be available later in the Summer. Note to shoppers: If you like anything you see on the Public School website, it’s best to buy it when you see it. Many of the M, L and XL’s disappear pretty quickly. Today/Friday April 3rd 2015 there are lots of S and XS available. Not much else.
For more detailed in-depth information on Public School, check out this blog posting on Streetzblog. Or to get some info on the Public School x Jordan release go here. To get your grade A Street-Gear/Health-Goth/Perfect colored clothing, check PSNY out here.
See you on the streetz of Oahu this weekend and have a Happy Easter!