Givenchy Fall Winter 2021/22
Sleek set, pulse pounding soundtrack, Laser Lights and Lots of Black colored clothes. This is my kind of Runway Show! Dark, Defined, Elegance from start till finish. Check out the Givenchy show below as they take you on a little trip into the deep, dark, cauldrons of precise, distinct, crisp French tailoring. Any show with this much black is a winner in my book. The soundtrack and light show exude elegance of the Rich and Famous. Kinda like a James Bond Spy movie told in 10 minutes via hot models and slick, dark, perfectly placed, layers of clothing. With some great accoutrements Like the Giant Gold chain and the fun triple back packs and spot on make-up and hair styling.
I would dig going to the after-party of this show. Then heading over to Hotel Costes for a night cap or two. Of course wearing my black double hoodie, tailored black trousers, with the giant Gold chain and the triple back pack filled with enough gear to stay out till the sun comes up.
Here are the Highlights and Low Lights of Givenchy
- The Vibe
- The techno music and laser light show. Nice build up adding on layers as the video progresses
- Lots of Black colored High-End tailored clothes
- The Double Hoody look
- The Triple bag back-pack
- Black on black on black. Loving the layers
- Vibrant oversized Giant gold chain
- That grey skin tight sheathe dress
- Any show with puddles is a winner. And black puddles even better!
- The silver flasks worn as Necklaces. Nothing says Lets Party like a flask flinging around a Hot Models neck
- The Color brown. High-End French Luxury clothing should never be brown. The blacks, whites and a tad of taboo red do the trick quite nicely
- Some of that over the top bulky fur
- The fuzzy fur Mittens. Uhm?
- Main dislike is incorporating the knitted head-wear especially the creepy king crowns. Not even sure how they fit in to the HIgh-End tailored, dark, edgy, Spy Vibe. Could have used ultra High-End flat billed snapbacks. Maybe in black sleek satin or soft calfskin. Black logo on Black caps
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dapper Dan’s the 2019 Man!
Over the last 5 week’s (May-June 2019) I’ve seen and heard about as much about Dapper Dan as I did back in the 90’s. He was on Project Runway, in a song on When they See Us, and GQ did a nice write up about him. I don’t know who his publicist is, whoever it is, knows what they are doing & does it well! He’s everywhere.
The video below sums up his BIO. Watch this historically rich Video to see his career from the beginning til Now:
Back in the day Dapper Dan made custom outfits for the Hip-Hop community, mostly in NYC. He used designer labels. Blew the logos up Big. Or painted the designs on leather to make custom Street wear. His favorites were Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Fendi. He always dressed impeccable with major Swagger. His clothes were worn by many super-stars including: LL Cool J, the Fat Boys, Salt-N-Pepa, Jam Master J, Mike Tyson, KRS-One, Floyd Mayweather and Big Daddy Kane.
Here are the places I’ve been seeing Dapper Dan as of lately:
May 5, 2019: Dapper Dan in GQ. Click here for article.
May 16, 2019: Dapper Dan on Bravo’s Project Runway. This came out late April. I spotted it on May 16.
June 15, 2019: When They See Us-4 part TV show on Netflix (June 2019) . Heard the Jay-Z song, U Don’t See Us “Wear a G on my chest, I don’t need Dapper Dan, this Ain’t a sewn outfit, holmes, holmes is about it”
Additional News on Dapper Dan, I found when looking for the Jay-Z Song’s title:
In 2017, Dapper Dan and Gucci partnered for a line of men’s wear. In 2018, they opened a new atelier on Lenox Avenue in partnership with Gucci, Dapper Dan of Harlem, the first luxury house fashion store in Harlem. Everything came full circle. From doing Knock Offs/Knock Ups to really working with Gucci. Congrats to Dapper Dan!
A book – Dapper Dan Made in Harlem: A Memoir is available for pre-order on Amazon. And a movie of the memoir is planned. See you on the Streetz!
H&M x ERDEM Short Film (This Years November H&M Designer Collection Update 10/23/17)
Hmmm. The master marketers at H&M are tapping into even me with their glorious films and photos. Dark Grey and Black are my go to colors and the Alexander Wang x H&M was my favorite collection. Didn’t think I would want anything ERDEM with all the flowers I’ve seen. But, alas, they put out a pretty rad looking film and I’m thinking of stopping by H&M on November 2nd 2017 to check the goods.
Recently, I was consumed by the fast paced Biker x Raver Alexander Wang x Adidas Collection. Watching the video over and over, checking the IG every few days and next thing you know, I have a pair of Fluorescent Orange Kicks on my feet. They are super comfortable, but way too bright for me.
Then I watch guys playing street ball in a PSNY Video and Now I have a pair of PSNY x Jordan 15’s, which are quite nice looking, yet nothing I should be buying with a credit card.
Do videos, Film, IG pix get you in the mood to shop? It sure works on me.
This film is done by Baz Luhrmann- He directed Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet, The Great Gatsby, Strictly Ballroom and created the TV show The Get Down.
The Film’s super models include: Saskia de Brauw, Imaan Hammam, Grace Hartzel, Fernando Cabral, Neels Visser and Tony Ward. The music is Hypnotized by Years & Years.
See you on the Streetz or Maybe, Perhaps, I suspect at H&M on November 2nd!
Turn On The Wang Hype Machine
Alexander Wang x Adidas Season 2
On Saturday July 29, you may be in luck to purchase Season 2 of the Alexander Wang x Adidas Collection. If you’re in or around NYC, text this number now: 917-512-7715. When you text it, someone will immediately text you back and ask you where you got the number. Tell them Streetzblog or Vogue and then they will let you know where to go, this Saturday at Noon to get the goods. The text also let’s you know that you’ll want to bring your phone and a credit card.
It’s a pretty fun way to buy some gear. Only catch is you need to live in NY. Similar to the release of the Season 1 Adidas Originals by Alexander Wang. They sold them from Trucks on the streetz of New York.
The collection is influenced by both Rave and Cycling cultures as seen by the video below. And good news is, there will be some of the collection available worldwide on Saturday August 5, 2017. I suspect that it will appear on the Adidas and Alexander Wang websites. That’s just a guess, that’s what they did last time. And things went super quick on those 2 sites. Or eBay will for sure have a lot of what is sold on July 29, 2017.
Have a nice week!
See you on the Streetz!
Finished Pants Project One
The Christmas 2015 Cryllic Streetzblog shirts made it from NY to HI today (7/27/16). The same day I completed the Seersucker Pants Project.
Above is the front of the new shirts and the right side completed pants leg.
The pants started off as $130 Suit pants on sale at Kohl’s for $50. They now have 2 overlapping layers, Black Stripes on both sides with the right side a bit more tricked out with the grey design. Also, cuffed them and took in the inseam. Quite a project!
Here is the right leg. Similar to the left leg, just missing the grey acruements.
What I call my mood board for the next project. That’s just page one, there are an additional 5 pages of other pictures and influences I plan to use. At the moment, I’m putting together the basic portion of the pants. Later on comes the fun embellishing portion. I tend to let my brain cruise. Then burst into action as I make them into something completly new!
In just one day, I cut out a pattern using an older pair of pants. I made 4 legs, only needed 2 LOL. And I have 4 flat pocket portions. Did them with paper first, pinned em’ then cut out the black linen blend. So far, this project is moving quick!
Front and back legs, All cut up and ready to sew.
Goal of the new black linen pants to be finished is Wednesday August 24, 2016. I want to wear them to the Cubs game in Chicago on Friday September 2nd. So far, so good.
See you on the Streetz!
H&M x KENZO
Earlier this week, I was thinking it was just about time to hear what the new H&M Collab would be for November 2016. And Voila! Today/Wednesday May 25, 2016, Vogue.com reports that it’s going to be KENZO x H&M for November 2016. Official Hashtag is: #KENZOxHM The Women’s and Men’s Collection of ready to wear and accessories arrive in 250 H&M stores and on-line on Thursday November 3, 2016.
Past Collabs have included:
Balmain , Alexander Wang (My Fav)-2014, Isabel Marent-2013, Marni-2012, Versace-2011, Lanvin-2010, Comme des Garcons-2008, Karl Lagerfield-2004. Also: Beyonce, David Beckham and Viktor& Rolf.
See you on the Streetz and at H&M in Waikiki on Thursday November 3rd, 2016.
Heat on the Street!
Nike Lab teams up with Balmain’s designer of the Celebs; Olivier Rousteing. This collection brings you High End Black and Gold Jackets and Pants for Men and Women. Along with 4 pairs of Football kicks. Including my favorite pair shown above. I like the Simplicity of the Style and the Gold Metallic Back Zip the best!
The whole collection is Black and Gold, Olivier’s favorite colors and the perfect Color-Way for an Olympic year!
I find it pretty amusing that most websites and bloggers are calling the shoes Football inspired. Which, YES, they are in most of the world. But even the U.S sites don’t mention that they are what people in the U.S call Soccer Kicks. I know I got in trouble 1x on YouTube for siting a movie as a Soccer movie. Almost incited an internet riot. So, they’re probably better off calling them Football compared to Soccer. And The Whole Black and Gold ensemble is entitled the “NikeLab x Olivier Rousteing: Football Nouveau” collection. I just figure, I can take the Heat on the word Soccer. I think some are gonna’ be a little confused.
But in reality, this collection will most likely be worn more at the Club then on the Pitch/Field.
This is some pretty Styling Gear. Even though the hype is only 10 days. I suspect it will fly off the net and out of the NikeLab locations.
On June 2, 2016 you can try your best to cop the Kicks and Gear Here. For now, check out the Vid starring OR himself…Hey-Where’s his A-List posse of beautiful people? Playing Football? Maybe Soccer? Probably taking a nap, getting ready for the next party. Wherever they are, it’s good to see OR in action working and the collection is Pure Fire. 🙂
Nice Pants! Fall 2016
The men’s runway shows are bringing us some pretty dope clothes for Fall 2016. In the previous blog we saw some nice jackets and pants from Dsquared2. Today we find some pretty bangin’ pants from Yohji Yamamoto and Dries Van Noten.
- The color black. There will never be a new black. Maybe slate grey, but nah, black will always rule.
- Straps: I used straps on my DIY bomber jacket, Stampd used them in 2015 on their bombers and a pair of trousers. I own a pair of chapters with a couple straps. But this is next level twisting, flipping, turning, cropping, of the black strap. Very nice!
- Layering black on black always a dope look.
- Possible skirts for the mainstream? They don’t quite look like a kilt or a skirt with the layering, so maybe this will be the year?
- And we can see the skinny and super skinny jeans of 2011-2015 finally and definitively moving towards a more bulky, comfortable silhouette. Whew!
Pictures courtesy of Monica Feudi and Vogue.com
Dries Van Noten
- Sweet Pin Stripes.
- Crisp, cool, a bit more bulky than before pin striped shorts. A must have for Fall 2016.
- Once again, The skirt that’s not a Skirt. Layering and changing up the cut could be the breakthrough?
- The layered look.
- Comfort is in. From these 2 runway shows we see just a touch of the more bulky baggier look. In some of the other shows for Fall 2016, the pants are even wider than these. Gonna be a great year for men’s clothing especially pants.
Pictures courtesy of Yannis Vlamos, Indigitalimages.com and Vogue.com
See you on the Streetz! This week, nothing too special, maybe some eating, sleeping, and resting. Before Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl.
HOT x 3 at Dsquared2’s Runway Show
Lately, my favorite designers are PSNY, Stampd and Chapter. All 3 utilize my favorite colors black and grey and have distinguished Street x Tailored looks.
Today (January 21, 2016) I found these pictures from the Dsquared2 Milan Fall 2016 Runway Show. They take the Street x Tailored trend up a couple notches.
The look on the left utilizes the hip and happening shorts on top leggings and takes the pants to the next level with crisp, cool slacks with crazy stitching, the shorts seem to be made of a really nice fabric, and all goes well with the over-sized double jacket set and the sexy combat boots complete the multi textured combination…all black on black on black on black. Wowza!
The Middle attire adds in some punk aspects with the tartan plaid. Then totally changes the game with a bomber jacket sleeve mixed with a suit jacket body. If I were to add color to my preferences, it would be with plaids, especially this one! Interesting bottoms, with a spice of 90’s shirt wrapped around the waist complete the Street x Tailored styling. I’d wear the jacket for sure.
And on the far right, we see a similar jacket, using the bomber sleeve with a cropped black suit jacket. Not too keen on the colored vest, shirt and tie. But this jacket rocks!
Sometimes, Dsquared2 becomes a little difficult to find the exact runway pieces in-store. If I found it, I’d rock the shorts and pants on the left with the jacket in the middle.
Nice job Dsquared2!!
3 Great Looks from the Dsquared2 Milan Fall 2016 Runway Show
Go to Guide-Dover Street Market NYC
Continuing to create new episodes of content, Streetzblog is keeping in the tradition of multiples ala the Hawaii Designs and Makiki Heat Series. With the Go to Guides. These will be guides to various places throughout the world with ideas and suggestions on where to shop, eat and sleep. In that order.
We also think it would be cool if you could add in your own suggestions on the Go to Guides in the comment section. Either mention something that pertains to this area of town or give us a tip on the similar subject but in your part of the World. The more tips and suggestions the better experience it will be for the various Streetzblog visitors looking for places to see, shop, eat, play and sleep.
Today’s go to guide takes us to the #funandfabulous Dover Street Market NYC experience. As done by Scott at Streetzblog 2x. Once in 2014 and the other time in 2015, both in the month of December. BTW: Happy New Year! (1/1/16)
Streetzblog.com’s Go to Guide to Dover Street Market NYC
- Head Down 45th to Lexington, make a right, pass the Post Office. Go to Grand Central Station. Note: If your suitcase is too full of goodies from NY, stop by the Post Office on Lexington and send a large pre paid box back to your home. During the Holidays, You can even watch a bit of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer while you stand in line.
- Grand Central Station: I suggest going in to the marketplace. Here you can find the freshest Meats, Cheeses, Candies and a full-on Cornucopia of delicious delicacies. Great presents and you can take awesome photos of the freshest food around town.
Secret Time: Now this isn’t quite as fun as finding these places all over the city and going to the original venues. But if you are low on time or just like to get things done quickly. Go into Grand Central Station and you’ll find some of NY’s and the World’s best and most talked about institutions. These include the Shake Shack (Remember the Shake Shack in Central park in Sex in the City, we’ll this is is the place) The same burgers, French fries and frozen custard can be found here. Magnolia Bakery-Try the famous Red Velvet Cupcake or buy a box for the relatives you’re coming back to or going to visit, Cipriani Dolci, Diptyque, Frankie’s Dogs on the Go, Juniors Bakery (Like the cheese cake place with the long lines in Times Square, yep same place), Michael Jordan’s the Steak House NYC, the New York Transit Museum and Gallery, Oyster Bar and Restaurant-this is the place you see in all the TCM movie classics and yes! it is the oldest restaurant in all of Grand Central, Two Boots Pizzeria, Zaro’s Bakery-been around for over 75 years and still tasting as good if not better as day one!.
It took me 28 x going to NYC to find the secret to getting all you need in 1 place. And the place to go is Grand Central Station. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on seeing the town. But this is a super-duper secret if you are low on time or just want to see everything you imagine NY to be all in one simple destination.
- Step out of Grand Central Station and continue down Lexington. There’s a couple good deli’s to pick up some coffee-In NY I always order Deli Coffee extra Sweet and Light-it’s like drinking a donut with caffeine or get some fresh carrot juice along the way. And don’t worry you didn’t walk past DSM yet, its about a 15-20 minute walk to DSMNY.
- DSM: Be careful that you don’t miss DSM. You need to pay attention and turn right at 160 Lexington Ave. at 30th. Street. The area looks very residential. But yes, this is Dover Street Market. I suggest that you go to each floor and see what’s going on. Bring your camera to take pictures of the monthly art installations along with some of the best clothes you will ever see in one place. Note: Some things are a bit pricey so be prepared. The first year I bought the DSM x Converse black Hi-Tops and the 2nd year I nabbed a Patricia Field Black with white lettering Vogue in Japanese Snapback. I was very tempted to get the Commmes Des Garcons drop crotch shorts, but they were just a little too pricey for my budget on that day. Also while there, make sure you talk to the workers, they are usually very friendly and happy to help you find what you’re looking for. They are also dressed very hip and happening. Check out their looks for inspiration.
- Note: If you can’t make it to DSM in person they have a great Mail order shop entitled DSMNY E-Shop. It’s here you can purchase the limited edition items. I picked up a Jordan x DSM shirt and a sweet Commes Des Garcons x Supreme blue plaid workers jacket that I get lots of complements on. Yes, it was pricey, but very worth it!
- After shopping or Window Shopping at DSM. Go back the way you came a couple blocks and eat at Vezzo the thin crust pizza joint. It’s dark inside which always rates an A+ for me, the pizza is really good and they have a fantastic Arugula, slivered cheese, pear, and Gorgonzola salad to die for. And the serving is HUGE. Perfect after a long walk and many steps in DSM, I think there are 7 total floors at DSM and the best and most fun way to see it all is be the steps. (They do have an elevator so no need to panic).
- After you eat, you can head over to Korea town, or back track to 37th and head to Around the World magazines. That’s what I did the last time I was there. Around the World Magazines has some of if not the best Fashion magazines all in one spot. And in the back there are older editions of great titles for awesome prices along with additional fashion and graphic design oriented books. Around the World Magazines is located at 148 West 37th Just past Broadway.
- After the Magazine store, lunch and DSM my daily budget is pretty done. So I usually walk back to the Roosevelt Hotel on 45th and Madison. My favorite hotel in all of NYC. Say Hi to Alfredo if you go there. Tell him you heard about him from Scott from Hawaii on Streetzblog. I’m sure he’d be delighted to see you. If you do stay here, make sure you make it to breakfast on at least 1 of your days. They guys down there are super friendly, they have unlimited Starbucks coffee, fresh fruit, some of the best bacon in the world and it’s a pretty cool vibe with pictures of Teddy Roosevelt on the walls and great views of the streetz from the seats. The Roosevelt Hotel is located at 45th and Madison Ave. smack dab in the middle of Mid-Town.