Author Archives: Scott Mackenzie
Newest of the New-Number Two
Menswear: Autumn/Winter 2018/2019
We continue to look and find the trends & colors of Menswear Fall/Winter 2018-19. Today , we check out Vivinne Westwoods pre video before the collection. Here are the ridings from today’s Newest of the New Fall/Winter 2018-19.
Camo Not Camo, Military influence, Lots of Plaid, a bit of tweed.
Green, Taupe, Red, Off-Pink, Some Orange.
War, Peace & Punk influences. Uniform, New Romantic, Adam Ant goes high Street.
Collect the Cards, Connect the cards, Peach flags. Not really sure what she’s saying here, but gives us weirdness, suspense and intrigue.
No main trend or color on this teaser. It may have been easier to spend the $275 on the 2019 Menswear trend book. Hmmm. See you on the Streetz…Blog.
Newest of the New-Number One
When I was in NY in Dec 2017, they had a book for sale for $275 that told the Men’s Trend’s for 2019. It was quite pricey, yet a bit tempting to see what colors and trends are in-upcoming.
Instead of buying the book, In Jan and Feb 2018, Steetzblog will post some Runway shows and what we see at the early shows. Today, we have Prada-Pre Fall 2018 + Fall Winter 2018-19.
Check the Vid below and here’s a quick, insta re cap of some of what’s in store for us for 2019:
Black, Continued trend of Flo-Yellow, Blues in various shades, knee length shorts. Classic Prada Red and White on Black, Lots of Bags n Tags. Slate Grey, Whites, Women in Men’s wear, gender fluidity.
Hats, More bags n Tags, Decent hi-tops, some tan, some more Fluorescent. Fluid, Comfy Cuts.
Overall, Nice show, some of my favorite colors, music worked, clothes fit the classic Prada vibe perfectly. Didn’t push the envelope to much, but didn’t need to, very wearable clothes and Kicks!
Top 25 Clothing Brands of 2017 – Via Streetzblog
It’s been a great year for Fashion, Hi and Low End Street & Designer wear. Here’s a list of the Hottest brands of 2017. If you have a brand to add, let us know in the comments section. Happy New Year! See you on the Streetz…Blog.
- Off White c/o Virgil Abloh
- Daniel Patrick
- Rick Owens
- Public School/PSNY
- Alexander Wang
- Ovadia & Sons
- Heron Preston
- Greg Lauren
- Commes Des Garcons
- Raf Simons
- Ben Taverniti Unravel Project
- Maison Margiela
- Canada Goose
Top Hot Spots-NYC DEC 2017-Via Streetzblog
- Daniel Patrick: My favorite Hi-End Streetwear brand. Check them out near Alexander Wang at 96 Grand Just off-Broadway. Make sure to say Hi to Lauren and Noel. Pro-Tip: If you don’t see the color or style you want on the showroom floor, just ask, they should have it in the back or can order for you. See more about Daniel Patrick Soho here
- KITH: Took over my go to store Atrium a bit back. I was kinda’ upset about that, so didn’t go there for a while. But you gotta go to the KITH on Lafayette. They have very nice clothes and almost every shoe you could ever want. And it’s a great place to get some nice selfies with tons of white shoes on the walls and under the floor!
- Barney’s: Go in December when things are on sale. I always score something good. This year, bought a pair of Y-3 x Adidas Bounce Sole Kicks. Original Price: $390, On sale for Less than $150!! Hot brands in December 2017 include: Off White, Greg Lauren, Public School, Gucci, Grenson, Fear of God, Rick Owens and a newer fav of mine: Ben Taverniti Unravel Project.
- Canal Street: Its back to being out on the streetz. After 5 years of having to go underground or around the block. Dec 2017 found everything on the street. Amazing goods at great prices.
- Broadway Marketplace: Check out the OWMXN area-Super cool people, great prices. Mix of originals and hip, cool brands. People who work here are super nice and fun to hang out with, another place to name drop Streetzblog. They’ll hook you up for sure. You can also find them on-line at OWMXN.Com or @OWMXN. The marketplace is set to move soon. Right now its on Broadway near Spring and across from empty_Gallery.
- em_pty_gallery: This is the Off-White store in Manhattan. Usually a line outside. Some things are for sale inside some not. And not all sizes on the floor. And nope, you can’t just buy the sneakers. When I was there, you could purchase something from the new line-$1,200-$1,400 hoodies. Then your receipt goes in a drawing. But you need to be in town if you are the winner. Prize drawing was about 6 days from day I went. It’s a got to go to place. Just go, It’s kinda’ trippy, enjoy the experience and talk to or listen to the people in line. Prices like usual. Not for people looking for deals. Yet, clothing is still Pure Fire!
- Dover Street Market/DSM NY: Many of the best Hi-End designers all under one roof. This year the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Hi to Jonah for helping me out with a gift and wrapping it up perfectly. Pro Tip: December is a great time for sales, some items up to 50% off. Ultra Pro Tip: If you see a T or piece on the rack & it’s not in your size, Just ask. Many more sizes are in the secret storage area. I’ve been going here since they opened. Very fun to wander the stairs or take the elevator to each and every floor. Wear your hottest gear here. The day I went, 75% had Virgil Abloh x The Ten collection, limited edition vans and Triple Sole Balenciaga’s. Major HEAT on the FEET! See more about DSM here
- Art at Canal: This is on Canal at Chinatown. Live DJ, Graffiti walls, and some Dope Clothes. Dec 2017, we find clothes designed by Tommy Hilfiger’s brother. Some nice Floral-Camo prints mixed on top of firemen jackets.
- AF-1 Design your Own Soho: Pick Low, Mid or High-Tops, then color, add laces, spray paint,stencil etc. Everything is provided. Customs made in minutes. Very fun!
- Adidas Mid-Town: Most everything you want all in stock. Just no Yeezy’s. Everything else is there. But grab fast, the NERD and other quick-strike gear goes very fast. Pro Tip: Many things that are sold out on-line are available in this store. You just need to look around and stay for a while. Things drop randomly every couple of hours or so. Fun to be there when it happens.
- Around the World Magazines: The best Magazine Store in Town! This year, they have many mags on sale for just $5 including back issues of Chic Men & In Trend. Even if they are a couple of years old, still lots of inspiration to be found. You can also get the latest issues of System, HighSnobiety, European GQ & HypeBeast all in Mag form.
- Madison Square Garden: Whether it’s the Knicks or Rangers. Check a game out. The arena is fun! Music, Light shows, T-Shirt cannons that blow big blasts of white smoke. They even have Lobster Rolls, exotic cheeseburgers, great shopping and lots of drinks. And you are guaranteed to see a celebrity or two. The night I saw the Rangers play, the Bella & Gigi Hadid were both there, center ice chatting, cheering and taking selfies.
- Modell’s: About a block from MSG. Get your gear here. This years they have 2 for $20 Knicks T’s. Some great Winter Classic Rangers with awesome prices and Lebron Soldiers in more colors than I’ve ever seen in one place. Nice price too! $129 for a pair.
- Bryant Park: One of the best places to people watch in all of NY City. Punk, Chic, Business, Tourist, Local, Trendy, Norm-Core, High Fashion, Models, Celebs, Family, Singles, Flourescent, Fake Fur, Real Fur, Dogs, Cats, Birds, Coney Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan & more. Eat, Shop, Skate, Take Pix, Sit, Walk, Mingle, Drink, and Ride the Carousel.
Nike AF1 Soho, Art at Canal, & Dover Street Market.
Foot Locker Times Square, Adidas Store Mid-Town, em_pty_gallery Soho, The Uptown Punk 8618′ Streetzblog pants.
Barney’s, Selfies, Some of my Own Sewn Clothes.
Bryant Park, Fashion Ave, & Madison Square Garden
Places w/ Biggest lines out the door:
- Pink in Soho
- Canada Goose
- Bathing Ape Soho
I’m keeping this page Live for the Holiday Season. I’m attempting to take a selfie at every Christmas tree I see.
Here are the first of many: Number 1 is me on 12/12 on Oahu at Topa Tower, 2nd pic is on Oahu on 12/13 at MVNP.
Goal is to have fun, keep myself positive and in a good mood and use my phone to update my blog.
FromHawaii to New York to Chicago. Stay tuned for as many Christmas trees as I can find. Happy Holidays!
Here is Honolulu Airport w the Blue Christmas tree prior to boarding plane for NYC:
Roosevelt Hotel Lobby. NYC 12/16/17
The United Cerebral Palsy’s Dessert Fantasy-Sunday November 5, 2017 at the New Alohilani Hotel in Waikiki, HI
The Dessert Fantasy held yearly the Sunday after Halloween is one of Hawaii’s best kept secrets to the 300–500 of us on the island. For 2 hours, delicious, taste tantalizing desserts are served in and all you care to eat setting.
Colored Cupcakes, Raspberry Tapioca, Glazed Donuts, Fresh fruit pastries, Holiday themed Cookies, many different Cakes and Pies and many more delicious delights available for the tasting.
Sea Salted Chocolate Gold Leaf Flaked Tart.
Green Tea Haupia Roll Cake with edible Slipper/Flip-Flop
Here are the pictures of almost all of the various Desserts available to eat for the 2 hours:
Click Here for the Dessert Fantasy 2011.
Did I say they had a Silent Auction? They did and I bid on a black Giorgio Armani T-Shirt valued at $675. Got it for $69. Still might sound like a lot for a plain black T, but it was fun to buy and the money goes to UCP.
Kicks of the Day
Added Bonus! Spotted these Pretty Rad Maison Martin Margiela Kicks at the event:
See you on the Streetz…Blog!
Complex Con-November 4 & 5, 2017
Long Beach, CA-Recap from our Streetzblog on site LIVE correspondent and via Some great Insta-Nabs.
The Hottest street wear brands, designers and Hip-Hop entertainers converged in Long Beach, California November 4 & 5 at Complex Con 2017. Back in the Day, Complex was an up and coming magazine Founded By Marc Ecko. His own clothing brand having hit it’s Apex years earlier, Complex was an under the radar Street and trend mag, I would buy the day it came out. As the internet and social media blew up, the magazine lost it’s pages and the paper it was made on became much thinner.
Fast Forward to 2016 and the first complex Con occurred, some saying that there were 400 VIP tickets sold, the same source told us this year, there were close to 2,000 VIP tickets sold and over 50,000 in attendance! Who needs a magazine? When you can turn your brand into one of the top 3 go to spots for street wear, kicks and tech trends. And put on a Con that attracts the Biggest and Best cultural icon of our time! (BTW: Unofficially, The top 3 are Hypebeast, High Snobiety and Complex).
Complex Con 2017 had everyoone who is anyone in the Street game. DJ Khalid, Pharrell with NERD, M.I.A, Cam’ron, Wiz Khalifa, Skrillex Lil Yachty, DJ Mustard, Kid Cudi from How to make it in America, Maxwell Osborne & Dao-Yi Chow from PSNY, Chris Stamp from STAMPD, Travis Scott, Vince Staples, Action Bronson, Kobe Bryant, Yes Jules, Ben Baller & D’Angelo Russell. Along with the stars of the weekend: Off-White’s Virgil Abloh and Takashi Murakami. Here’s a few pix of the 2 making Sweet Custom T’s on the spot!
Our Streetzblog corespondent traveled from Hawaii to Cali on the sole mission to meet Murakami and buy a couple thousand dollars of his limited edition gear. She succeeded as you can see by this picture, along with an autographed book. (She did say it was a 4-5 hour line to meet him and another 2 hour line to get her things at the end of the day). I told her via text: Looks like it was well worth the trip and time spent in line. BTW: She also stood in the Off-White line, but after another 3 hour wait, missed the Limited Edition Hand screened shirts by about 100 people.
Number One Tip: If you go to Complex Con or another Big event like this. Go to your favorite booth/designer first then have fun at the rest of the event.
If I was there, I would have gone str8t to the PSNY area to make some custom Nike Air Force 1’s. Would have tricked out the special PSNY x Nike AF1 Hi’s. Here’s some pix from the special master class area, where attendees could customize their own AF1’s with PSNY.
Here are some of the Custom Nike AF 1’s made at Complex Con:
The Top left Silver pair was made by Maxwell Osborne from PSNY. Jeff Stamp from *STAMD stopped by and made a pair And check the bottom left with Virgil’s version along with pal: Macklemore. *STAMPD has recently released a collab with Hawaii’s own, Town and Country Surf/T&C Surf. Pretty cool and close to home.
Here are a couple of Sniper Wells from Streetzblog’s latest projects. Fluorescent Painting with matching custom Jordan 21 Kicks!
Our Correspondent scored us some nice pix from the event including Pharell heading up the steps, The Limited Edition Fools Gold Boxes going for $50, some attendees and art from Murakami and NERD. (Thanks Much for getting these and other great pix on today’s post!).
Pharell was looking pretty Swank with his matching bright orange hair & spiked Biker Jacket:
Hope everyone had a good time at Complex Con 2017. And much Mahalo to our special Streetzblog Correspondent for all the great pictures. *All pictures are courtesy Streetzblog Corespondent or from the Live Instagram feeds over the Nov 4 &5 2017 weekend. See you on the Streetz…Blog!
The Hottest Heat on the Street’s in Long Beach November 4 & 5 2017
Complex Con is this weekend in Long Beach, CA. Everyday this week, the web has been flooded with drops so HOT they burn down the House! I can’t believe I am not there. Although, we do have a streetzblog correspondent at the event, we have yet to hear from her as of 8:20pm on Friday Night. If/When she checks in, I’ll post up some Live shots from the biggest Music & Street style event of the decade.
For now, here are some of the HOTTEST Heat, I’ve seen releasing this weekend at Complex Con!
Acronym x Nike AF1, PSNY x Nike AF1, Virgil Abloh x Nike AF1-All white all on fire. Plus maybe, the yellow pair of AF1’s. I nabbed that pic from the PSNY Insta-G live feed.
The shirt at the top of the page is also a must have. It’s a Takashi Murakami x Virgil Abloh, handmade by the two designers.
STAMPD is at the event along with X-Large, Creative Recreation, Adidas Originals, Extra Butter, Fools Gold, Kappa, Nice Kicks and so many more! I don’t have a picture of it, but somewhere I saw a rad reversible camo bomber by Alpha Industries that looks sweet.
For the full list of the marketplace click here. That’s just the Gear, DJ Khaled, M.I.A, NERD, Young Thug, A$AP Ferg, Gucci Mane and many more are performing. Check this link for the latest line-up of entertainers.
If you’re there, have some fun for me, hopefully our correspondent from Hawaii will check in with some more inside Deets. We shall see? See you on the Streetz!
Here’s the latest Sneak-Peek on the Streetzblog Bomber Jacket for December 2017. Starting to look Lit like the ESB! What do you think?