Author Archives: Scott Mackenzie
Air Jordan 1 Retro HI NCXL
Nike House of Innovation NYC/000
Super exciting Triple Flexing Awesome Fun day at Nike NYC
Two Days ago Nike Double Dip dyed these Jordan 1’s in Day-Glo Green Paint. They also added the imprint I chose in the orange paint
Today, we got together in a group of about 12 and Customized our Jordans. Starting with the Swoosh. I chose Blue Alligator and Brownish-orange leatherbasketball material
Then came paint via acrylic markers. I will most likely tweak this portion a bit at a later date. We had about 2 hours to do everything. Like sewing and design class I was last to go home
Laces, Toggle, top flap and Lace tips are chosen. Many, many different colors to choose from. Here is the finished product. This to me was a $2,000 experience for a mere $200. And they are Air Jordans! Cannot believe my luck that this week was the AJ1 week. Next week is the Cortez, then the AF1. This Nike NYC store is a very incredible special place. Mahalo to Nariah and the crew for all the great help and supplies. My hands, shoes, jacket, even my face is colored in blue and orange!
See you on the Streetz…of New York!
The Streetzblog Top 10 for Fall 2018 Winter 2019
This is a Big, long weekend for trend-spotting with Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Big Wave Sunday and Cyber Monday. We’ve hit the streets and surfed the net to bring you the Streetzblog top 10 list for clothes and shoes.
Top 10 Clothes and Shoe Trends Late November 2018
- Camouflage: Whether you go for the 90’s bright orange or light blue and black camo, or the designer flage tailored and crisp. Camouflage is your go to color category. Hit up your local Army/Navy Surplus store for some of the 1990’s influenced colors or try any of these designers to be in with the latest camo moment: Daniel Patrick, Heron Preston, or Polo by Ralph Lauren.
- Black or true Brown Boots: Once again, get em’ at the army navy surplus store in the high shine black combat boot. Or kick it up a notch with the Prada Wedge Sole Black Leather boots, Grenson High Top Brogues (The burnt brown is a must have from Grenson) or Taft.
- Uniqlo x KAWS x Sesame Street: Some of the most sought after gear include: The Black Hoodie, the Grey XX Crew Sweat shirt and the Black XX pocket T. And a lot of this is already sold out in the M, L and XL sizing. I went on day 2 and got the last of a couple styles in the L and XL size. People were grabbing quick for what was left of the designs in black and grey. They also have plush dolls with XX Kaws Signature eyes, seems to be plenty of stock on these. I’m thinking eBay may be the place to get the hotter styles. If day 2 had a lot of sell outs, I wouldn’t want to be shopping there day 3 onward. KAWS is Hot on the Sesame Streetz!
- Mad for Plaid: Flannels in traditional colors and patterns. Along with last years plaid trend still staying hot-the Multi differential plaid shirt with 4-5 different plaids sewn together. Pretty much, everywhere you go, you can get your plaid on. H&M, Polo by Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy, Off-White, R13 and Banana Republic are some of our A-1 picks.
- Off-White: Nike x Off-White Kicks or the clothing line. Whichever you pick, you’re good to go. Pro Tip: For the Kicks, check out Stadium Goods on Cyber Monday or if you can wait, Stadium Goods does a really nice New Year’s Day Sale. Last year it was 25-30% off regular prices and it included the “Ten” collection. Pro Tip number 2: On Black Friday, both Saks Fifth Avenue and SSENSE do really good Off-White Sales. This year some of the most sought after T’s, Jackets and Sweats were 30-40% off, which can be a lot considering the retail price.
- Military Influenced: Both Camo and Military is spot on for Fall 2018. Army Jackets, Bomber Jackets, Multi pocketed pants, Dark Blue or black Military coats. Some places I know have the goods include: ZARA, Polo by Ralph Lauren, R13, Mr. and Mrs. Italy, John Varvatos, Alpha Industries and of course Balmain.
- Workwear: Price point low looking high is easy in this category. Many heritage workwear labels have kept their great prices, while helping you rock one of the hottest trends at the moment. From the Chore Jacket to straight legged Dickies, painters pants and utility vests, this is an easy and inexpensive trend to pull off. *You can also raise the bar with some of the newest looks from Heron Preston. Top picks for workwear are: Dickies, Carhartt (Work in Progress), Carrier, Stan Ray, Red Wing Shoes, Timberland’s and Heron Preston.
- Surf T’s: It’s Big Wave Surf Season on the North Shore of Oahu and the looks are pure fire this year. Lots to choose from: The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the Hawaiian Pro, the Billabong Pipeline Pro, the Eddie and the Volcom Pipe Pro (Some nice black shirts + camo shorts) Get some or all: Vans, Billabong, Volcom. Pro Tip: Vans and Volcom do some of the best Black Friday sales out there. This year, I went to Volcom. (Almost) Everything in the store was 40% off. And if you spent over $200, you could purchase a Volcom towel for $10 or a select group of T’s for just $10. *If you don’t know what to get someone ANYwhere in the World, get them a Surf competition T. They will love it and you for a long time! This is a must give gift.
- Xtra Lage Clunky Sneakers: This 2017 trend continues Hot into 2018 and looks like its not letting up in 2019. They started as Dad Shoes, looking like a New Balance from the 80’s. Now they are so big, you may not need to do leg day at the gym. The Balenciaga Triple S has 6 layers of various materials to make up their sole. I tried them on the other day and yep, they are pretty comfy. See if you can get the pairs made in Italy, some of the newer versions are made elsewhere, for $995, you want em’ made in Italy. Or grab some of your dads old running shoes and add some layers to the bottoms. By Far, the Brand to get is Balenciaga. Note: the newest track version is even bigger than the Triple S! Other’s on the Hot list include: Calvin Klein, Adidas by Raf Simons, Versace, Gucci, Acne. & even New Balance and Fila are refreshing their own act. For the ladies, I’m totally digging the Commes Des Garcons x Nike Cortez. Looks like what Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice would wear if she went on the tour. With Posh not participating, Geri Halliwell/Ginger Spice will probably nab em for the upcoming Spice Girls Tour.
- Ready, Set Tech: Seems like this is another Hot for 2017, happening again in 2018 and 19. Stretchy, comfortable, non Chafing, no Stink, silky smooth Mesh, Bright Out 3M,Velcro,water Repellant, protectant, Lycra, warm or cold weather fabrics. Check out Nike/a Nike collab or: A.P.C, White Mountaineering, Y-3, Acronym, Uniqlo (Heat-Tech), Adidas Alpha Skin Climachill, Black Yack 6 material Hybrid Jacket, Descente or Under Armour Vanish.
Here’s a sneak peak of my latest creation, utilizing the plaid & tech trend features. I’m using silver 3M Material to make these babies pop when the street light lands on you.
What are you seeing for the latest trends in clothes and shoes? Let us know in the comments section. Happy Holidays! See you on the Hawaii…soon to be NYC Streetz!
Dessert Fantasy 2018
United Cerebral Palsy’s annual two-hours of Sweet Treats
Sunday November 4, 2018 1p-3p Alohilani Hotel Waikiki, HI
Delicious Delectable’s Everywhere
Yum, Yum, Yum..This item included Champagne Glace
Took a few minutes from the Sweet treats to get a Beautiful face design
Now back to more desserts
A time-out for the Silent Auction
And back go more Snacking…
Another Succesful Dessert Fantasy. If you want to see 2017 click here. For 2011 press this. See you next year! Hint: This event occurs the 1st Sunday after Halloween.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Three Hours of Halloween Tricks, Treats, Tunes and a whole lot of Fun!
Helloween to Halloween with DJ Sniper Wells Playlist 10/27/18
- Siouxsie and The Banshees-Spellbound (Halloween Classic #6)
- Thrill Kill Kult-Sex on Wheels
- Prodigy-The Day is my Enemy
- VNV Nation-Lights Go Out (New)
- Funker Vogt-Thor’s Hunger
- Marilyn Manson-This is Halloween
- Suicide Commando-I Die for You
- Wumpscut-The Boo
- Zombie Girl-The Darkness
- VNV Nation-When is the Future
- Albin Meyers-Halloween 2011
- Chocolate Puma & Carta-Bump (New)
- Chrissy Hurt + Fredco-Shiny Disco Balls (As heard on CSI Miami)
- Bau Haus- Bela Lugosi’s Dead (Halloween Classic #1)
- Marilyn Manson-Tainted Love
- Alien Sex Fiend-Now I’m Feeling Zombified (Rare Oldie)
- New Order-Tutti Frutti
- Ministry-Halloween (Fast Version)
- Chemical Brothers-Go (Number 1 Summer Banger)
- Chocolate Puma & Firebeatz-Blackout
- The Marionettes-Play Dead (Scary Halloween Great for Haunted Houses)
- Anti-Up-Pizza (Very fun tune, first time played)
- Thrill Kill Kult-Days of Swine and Roses (TKK-Sniper Well’s Fav Halloween band)
- Christopher Lee-Vampires (Very creepy Tune)
- The Cure-Burn
- Unknown Artist-Every Day is Halloween (As made famous by Ministry)
- Rotersand-I don’t Know
- Ayria-Big City Lullaby
- Specimen-Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Classic Ol Skool)
- Funker Vogt-Ikarus (New)
- Aloha Aliens-Goth Club (Sniper Wells Mix)
- Thrill Kill Kult-This is What the Devil Does
Cool Costumes for Halloween 2018
The Streetzblog Top 10 Couples Halloween Costumes for 2018
- Ariana Grande & Pete Davidson (That guy with the expensive street wear with dyed blond hair from SNL. He also has 2x Ariana Grande tattoos!)
- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (From a Star is Born)
- Justin Beiber & Hailey Baldwin or Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian
- Jay-Z & Beyonce
- Spam & Rice or Spam Musabi’s Twinsie’s
- Peter Kavinsky & Lara Jean (Crazy Rich Asians)
- Cardi B & Nicki Minaj or Cardi B or Nicki Minaj and their entourage
- Netflix & Chill
- Donald & Melania or Donald and Stormy or Donald and his entourage (You can make up his entourage with your imagination)
The Streetzblog Top 25 Halloween Costumes for 2018
- Pete Davidson from SNL
- Kanye West or one of his best selling shoes
- Bruno Mars: He has 3 sold out concerts coming up in Hawaii, so a bit partial to him
- Streetwear King or Queen: Bust out every hot item you can find and drench your person in all of it. Or take a white shirt and write Balanciaga on it. Take some jeans and write Supreme, Nike, Off-White, Guccy etc on them. Bling it out with chains and fancy expensive kicks
- Michael Myers: The new Halloween movie is coming soon. We shall see if he lives or dies?
- Lean Rap Artist. Make sure you sharpie your face with plenty of tats! And don’t forget the Styrofoam cup!!
- Air Jordan Shoe
- Vegan Meal
- Wakanda Warrior
- Desk Cubicle
- Beer Pong Table: A couple had a flat board on their front-side with plastic red cups glued on the board. You could throw ping pong balls at it. Looked like fun.
- Rachel Chu from Crazy Rich Asians
- Aquaman: This movie comes out in December, so you’ll be ahead of the trend
- Harley Quinn
- iPhone or Android phone
- Eminem: You could mix this up with some M&M’s or dye your hair blonde and get a black hoodie and some Nike’s.
- Fortnite Dancer
- Riverdale Character
- Halsey: Many different colors of hair to choose from
- Zombie Barbie
- Clown from IT
- Lil’ Wayne
- A Drone
- Starbucks Cup
The Streetzblog Top 12 Group/Family Halloween Costumes for 2018
- Thing 1 & Thing 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I love it when I see many Things in one place. Great Family costume. I like to count them up to make sure everyone is there. Haha
- Blue Bloods Family
- The Spice Girls (Rumored to be touring soon, alas-minus Posh Spice, unless she changes her mind
- The Family from Hotel Transylvania 1, 2 or 3. I like this movie series.
- Cast from Hawaii Five-0
- Post-Apocalyptic group of vagrants
- NCIS: Take your pic OG, 2018 gang, New Orleans, Los Angeles etc
- Cast from Mamma Mia
- The Incredibles
- American Horror Story. Pick a theme, dress accordingly. They are up to 8 seasons, thus many to choose from
- Action Bronson and his pals. Make sure you have the friends to go with Action
- Game of Thrones actors both dead and/or alive
And if you still can’t decide, here are some more options:
- Lebron James
- Power Rangers
- Soy Milk and Vegan Cookies
- Classic Monster like Frankenstein, Dracula or the Mummy
- Where’s Waldo?
- Tonya Harding
- Goat Yoga Guy or Gal
- Sports Team
- Bacon & Eggs
- Spam & Rice
- Shark 1 or 2
- Edna Mode from the Incredibles
- a Shredded Banksy painting w/Frame
- Shave Ice
- Tate Langdon from AHS
- Andy Warhol and his entourage
- a Witch
- Harry and Meghan
- Paw Patrol Posse
- Star Wars
- Eleven from Stranger Things
- Flo from Progressive
- Cereal Killer: Tape/Glue Cereal boxes to your front side and carry a big Silver (rubber) knife
- a Ghost
- Picture frame or Instagram Frame
- Snapchat Filter
- Candy Corn
What are you wearing? What would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments section. Have a nice day and Happy Halloween 2018!
Uniqlo on Oahu!
Ala Moana:Grand Opening
Saturday September 28, 2018-Honolulu, HI
Uniqlo is reaching the Beaches and Rockin’ the shores! The Brand New Uniqlo at Ala Moana Center on the Island of Oahu is open for business! Here’s a Sneak Peak of this friendly, fashion forward, priced nice, new store.
The Day I arrive on my yearly December trip to NY, the 3rd stop right off the plane is Uniqlo on 5th Avenue. Even though, I have their heat-tech garments. I go there to get a 2nd or 3rd set and hang out to people watch. It’s a very colorful, fun store with lots of action.
The Hawaii store is also colorful and fun. But instead of Heat-Tech garments, the go to piece des resistance here is the Comfortable Rayon Aloha Shirt. They have about 6 different patterns to choose from. They are comfortable, on trend and priced really nice at just $29.90.
I bought the Black shirt with white flowers, and may go back to get the blue and white or the White, black and Red (The Uniqlo branded color way-at least that’s what I would label it as). And you know what? These shirts, aren’t available on 5th Avenue in NYC. They are Hawaii Exclusives. So that is pretty Awesome right there! Locals and tourists have access to some really nice shirts at excellent prices.
Here’s some of the fun things you can see in the store. It’s like a mini museum of Aloha wear.
If you get a chance to check out the new store say yellow to Joseph. Very friendly & helpful. We even received a free Uniqlo Tote bag with this nifty secret pocket inside. *As we came in to the store, we were given Free Fans and balloons. Was a fun trip to the new store!
They have this really cool graphic Aloha Shirt hanging at the store. I did ask if it was for sale. They said not now, maybe one day. It has some nice Japanese elements and futuristic design in it. What do you think? Special Limited Edition? It reminds me a bit of Takashi Murakami’s work. BTW: They do have some pretty dope Murakami T’s in the Keiki Section of the store!
See you on the Streetz! Sunday, it’s the Clippers in Hawaii, The Hale Aina Awards and then maybe on Monday, back to Uniqlo for another Hawaii Exclusive Aloha Shirt. LMK if you want me to pick one up and send it to you. I’m sure, you’ll be delighted to Rock it!
Gaga & Cooper Killin’ It
I saw a Star is Born on 9/26/18, lucky to see it ahead of time. It’s a good movie. I can’t really do a review because I dont know how without spilling the beans on Born. The last Song of the movie is probably the best, this would be the 2nd best Tune: Enjoy!
Goodwill Goes Glam
Honolulu, Hawaii: July 18, 2018 Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
Goodwill Goes Glam one of my favorite events of the year. Fun, Fashion Show, Fun, Shopping and more Fun!
First you see the Runway show. Second you shop the freshest gear to be found. If you move quick enough, you’ll get some pretty stellar labels and high quality clothes.
This Years theme: The Fashion Edit
This Years Designers: Allison Izu Song x Summer Shiigi
This Years Brands: Allison Izu & Ten Tomorrow
This Years Camera: Canon DSLR (Not an iPhone)
The Shopping And After Party
- Head to the Shoes and Purses first. They are next to each other. One year, I found both Prada and Bape kicks in my size. Score!
- Next, straight to the Aloha wear. Do not stop at the toys or sports clothes on the way. The best Aloha gear goes quick. And there are some very High quality shirts and brands. Tori Richard, Reyn Spooner, Cooke Street, Ono, Tommy Bahama & More
- Now, it’s time for the sports jerseys. This year, my friend Amanda scored a primo condition Walter Peyton Bears Jersey. And I bought a Mitchell & Ness MAYS 660 BONDS Jersey in perfect condition.
- Set a budget ahead of time. Both years, I had a pre set budget and put back what was not in budget. Just like a sample sale, a budget is needed.
- Grab Quick, Grab Fast, put back what you don’t want. The first half hour is just like a NYC Sample sale. You want to get the good stuff before it’s gone. Trick to this is don’t think much, just go for what looks good, grab it fast. Then weed through your goods before check-out. People were eyeing my Willie Mays jersey for close to 2 hours, seeing if I would put it back. And I was eyeing a pair of Gucci sneakers, both the jersey and the shoes did not go back.
See you on the Streetz!
Balenciaga’s got you Covered for Cold Weather
The Balenciaga Oversized Layered Parka Coat-Product Number: 1234071
They call this the Oversized Layered Parka Coat. And yep, it’s for sure Oversized. 7 layers to be exact. Here’s what’s included:
- Plaid Shirts
- Jersey Hoodies
- Technical Fleece
- Cold weather Outer layer
- Cuffed sleeves
- 2 Front patch pockets (Hopefully more inside)
- Drawstring hood with coordinating hem
At a price of $10,405, it’s more than 1k per layer. This Coat packs a pretty big punch of Major Layered Swag. Sure hope they add some Balenciaga logos so everyone knows what you’re rockin’. It does say that: This is a pre-shot item; this product’s details are subject to change in production. I hope so, they for sure need to add some Balenciaga writing on it. For the price, you’ll want people to know it’s a Balenciaga. If you’re interested in slaying the layered look this Winter, you can purchase the Oversized Layered Parka Coat AKA: the 7 layered coat Here. *Pictures courtesy of MatchesFashion.com
See you on the Streetz!
The Make and Take Class for the 21st Century
The Shoe Surgeon teaches you the tricks of the trade creating your very own Air Jordan 1 from Scratch! The Video below shows students in action making their own Air Force 1’s.
This class is even better, You make your very own custom Jordan 1’s!!! Sweet! #1ofOne Included in the class is a pair of Air Jordan 1’s, Toolkit, All Materials, Daily lunch and some Bevies. From the looks of the application form, you probably get a comp shirt too!
Price is slightly steep at $3,000, but sure looks like a lot of fun! And if you really learned how to do this, you could start making customs for friends and others to make back the money. If I lived in NY, I’d probably try for a spot in the class & put the $$ on some credit card. Classes are September 6-9, 2018 in New York City.
Limited spaces are available, you can sign up for class here. Sounds like fun! What do you think? See you on the Streetz!