Author Archives: Scott Mackenzie
Meet the Mercer Cred Double Cargo Pants Fall 2017
The Beginning/January 2017
The Middle/February-April 2017
The Finished product-May 2017
The Mercer Cred Double Cargo Fall 2017
The Mercer Cred Jr (Did these in just a couple of weeks, not 4 months…LOL)
And for fun, The Hawaii Mercer Cred Jr S/S 2017
See you on the Streetz!
SASSY-Definition: Possessing the attitude of someone endowed with ungodly amount of Cool
The video below is the Yohji Yamamoto men’s 2018 spring/summer runway show in Paris on June 22, 2017. Once again, Double Y delivers the goods. Exquisite flow of the tops & bottoms, the appropriate amount of the color black, clothes so comfy looking you may sleep in them, & loose, flowing draped perfectly silhouettes.
Listed below are the Highlights & Lowlights along with the video of the Runway Show. Enjoy!
- The Duo layer on the bottom of the pants
- Super comfortable
- The crisp, clean lines on the straight legged black pants
- Writing on the right side of the jackets to match the left side of the pants
- Baggy, cropped, yet nicely tailored and very comfy black bottoms
- Deconstructed, Reconstructed suit jackets. Some with splotches of paint
- Silver Zippers, oversized Silver chains, and more sweet silver acruements
- Fluid, flow, & fun
- The music is a big off. The Clothes really don’t even need music, they are so good, but they would really sing better with some Loungy-Techno-House.
- The Blues, the off whites and the reds.
Next post will be the finished product of the Mercer Cred Double Cargo Pocket Pants made by Streetzblog for the Fall 2017 collection. See you on the Streetz!
The Future is Now
The Original Blade Runner took our world we lived in 1982 to a future many of us couldn’t believe would exist. Now, watching the original, it’s not very far-fetched at all. Blade Runner 2049 will take us to an even more advanced future. Hopefully, filled with a bit more fun than the OG Blade Runner. It did have a few funny moments, but for the most parts kinda’ creeped me out.
I still don’t want to believe that Harrison Ford was a replicant. It took me till the 5th viewing to start to think he may be. I bet we find out for sure in Blade Runner 2049. Do you think he was human or replicant?
Harrison Ford will be back in action, which is awesome. Along with Ryan Gosling, Jared Leto and Ana De Armas. This special behind the scenes featurette shows us some new footage of the movie, along with some thoughts from the directors and actors.
Looks like they are utilizing some of the things that made the original such a classic. Along with an updated version of what our future may look like. Check out the featurette, See what you think? Blade Runner 2049 lands in theaters October 6, 2017.
The Polynesian voyaging canoe entitled the Hokule’a returned to the island of Oahu today: 7/17/17. It traversed the world for 3 years, 40,000 nautical miles to 19 different countries spreading the Aloha Spirit and Malama Honua-Caring for the Earth. Without using modern navigation instrumentation available in 2017. Navigated by the stars, winds and waves, eyes and arms.
Many of you may know the saying Eddie Would Go. This comes from the 1978 sailing of the Hokule’a, when a horrendous storm capsized the canoe and Eddie Aikau left the boat to seek help on his surfboard. Eddie never returned. The rest of the crew were eventually saved. The Saying Eddie Would Go, would become Quicksilver’s biggest selling shirt and the Eddie Aikau Big Wave Surfing Invitational, the biggest big Wave surfing Event in the World.
Nainoa Thompson, navigator and president of the Polynesian Voyaging society looks forward to continue to educate Malama Honua visiting over 100 schools in the next 8 months. (2017-18)
The Hokulea means the Star of Gladness. And as mentioned the Hokulea visited many lands to share their Aloha.
You can learn more about the Hokule’a on many news sites. Today I will tell you about my day in the ocean with the Hokule’a & the Gladness and Aloha I noticed.
As many of you know, I may live most of my months in Hawaii, but I’m a clothes, shoe and city type person. I’ve tried surfing in the 80s for 4 years and again in the 90s for about 7 years. I’ve had fun at it, but still have trouble not doing 360’s under water and getting as they say; Pounded.
Today 6.17.17 I awoke at 6am to meet my Stand Up Paddle board at exactly 630am. It was hard to wake up. I made it just in time. Got smashed by 6 waves in a row which woke me up very quickly.
Then it was off to the races, I paddled to the Magic Island destination in 20 minutes. (On the way back it took 1.5 hours).
Got there, was able to watch 5 or 6 Voyaging Canoes from all over the world, come through the channel up close and personal right next to the red number 2 buoy.
Next we were all able to watch 8 dolphins which looked a little like sharks OMG, bob up and down through the waves. This was amazing, to see dolphins in their natural habitat.
Then, all of a sudden canoes took off, traversing horizontal against the Hawaiian beaches. Some people left and thought things were done. I luckily followed the canoes.
It was here that we saw the incredible Hokule’a escorted in to the Magic Island harbor. At one point I was paddling right beside them on a (SUP) stand up paddle board! Very Exciting to say the least.
The elation in my eyes and my neighbors eyes was unbelievable, complete awe and propelled ecstasy.
Canoes, SUP boards, Surfboards, Kayaks, Sailboats, even a couple of motor boats all in sync with the Hokulea.
It was like a Highway in the Ocean! Without the road rage, with pure Aloha and Gladness.
Sometimes being on land, I and many other people get lost in our air-conditioned office jobs and never see the Beach or Ocean, this was not that day.
After the Hokule’a passed and went on to the party at Magic Island. I saw the most Aloha Spirit ever. Me, being a bit awkward on my paddle board, it was very nice to hear so many happy people saying things like:
Are you ok?
Give congrats for going for it today
& Good for You
The Aloha Spirit was more than alive and well in the Pacific Ocean today. Was it the Dolphins? The instant friendship with strangers? The Sun and Ocean? The Hokule’a?
Whatever it was, it was very nice to see. The Aloha Spirit is alive and well in Hawaii Nei.
After the thrilling & exciting Ocean Highway, the world stopped. I was there in the middle of the ocean all by myself. Was I scared? No. Did I Know how far away I was from land? No. Did it matter? No. I was at peace, happy and definitely Glad-filled.
It did take an hour and half to paddle back to home base, but as I was going there, people:
Asked if I was ok?
Laughed when I slipped and fell in the ocean.
Smiled and said Hi
Were in a super good mood, conversing with me, playing music and making friends
After an intense paddle back. I timed my entrance to the beach perfectly, caught a HUGE wave, and no I didn’t fall. I rode that wave like Kelly Slater in a crouched surfer position with a huge smile on my face…all the way to the Beach.
Story doesn’t end here. I was smiling so big, I received more smiles from the beach AND for the first time in my life, someone helped me carry my heavy board down the beach. It felt like I was walking in quicksand and today, I was helped. Amazing!
The happiness didn’t stop there. I met a nice lady from Amsterdam, watched her things for her and had a nice chat. Then I met a couple honeymooners from Mexico and had a nice conversation with them. Wow! barely ever does any one speak to me on the beach. I must have taken some of the great enchanting Mana from the Hokule’a event.
I hear about the Aloha Spirit, I know it exists, I try my best to be positive and happy, Today I saw it in action, with everyone around me.
Thanks for the nice day. Today was a good day. Special Mahalo to @donfujiyama for the invite. A Magical, Exciting, Fun, Historic and Memorable day had by all! #TodayWasAGoodDAy
See you on the Streetz or maybe in the Ocean! Have a good one, wherever you are, we are…Aloha. Eddie would have been there too. Most likely was in spirit.
Off White c/o Virgil Abloh Spring Summer Menswear 2018
As I’m on the homestretch to complete my Fall 2017 5 piece collection with 3 done so far, OFF WHITE c/o Virgil Abloh is already showing his Spring/Summer 2018 collection on June 15, 2017.
Below is the video of the Runway show. And listed below are Streetzblog’s Highlights and Lowlights:
- Great Background: The letters literally morph into each other to form abstract sentences. If you watch carefully enought, there are plenty of interesting stories and hidden meanings
- Reflective stripe: Many of the pants have a vertical stripe on the bottom of the pants leg. Very catchy and keeps with the brand image.
- The camouflage collection: Some nice pieces here. Jacket, pants and they had fun with the orange word tag that you see at Raves these days.
- The Kicks: My eye caught some nice white kicks with fluorescent orange accents and a nice pair of black, white and orange hi-tops.
- Orange Accents: On the right hand sleeve, I dig these and what wear.
- The Music: Not nearly as banging as it could be. Pretty much the same sounding operatic music throughout.
- Cluttered clothing: I have enough clutter in my house, I don’t need to wear it on the streetz.
- The Man Midriff: Not one of my favs, but starting to trend pretty hard at the shows & IRL.
- See through White: A bit scary looking, like a hospital or Meat Butcher vibe.
See you on the Streetz!
TV Show: Billions Song: Homecoming
- Billions: My Favorite Show in 2016-17…Tied with Orphan Black, which is another blog post
- Some weeks I cheer for Rhodes
- Other weeks I’m on Axe’s side
- Story always starts slow, then comes to Full-Boil, a bit like Breaking Bad
- When I have an important work meeting I watch Axe in action mode, gives me inspiration
- Billions: Added bonus-Super nice shot of the New York Sky-Line at the beginning of every show, plus some other Hot Shots of NYC in many shows
- Josh Ritter-Homecoming: This is the song at the end of Season 2. It’s very catchy and groovy. I suspect I like it more because it’s in the TV show. Not usually my fav type of music. But, been waking up to it every day this week & it makes me feel Happy. See what you think? Let us know in the comments section down below.
See you on the Streetz…Blog.
Riot Division’s Transformation Jacket
- From Ukraine, @iamriotdivision
- Military Inspired Functional Design
- Sleek, Slick Video
- Love the Color (Black and Dark Grey always Rule)
- Fun to Use
- Music is Rad on the Video
- Wouldn’t ever want to drink and wear. Would be so impossible to find: Money, House Keys, Gum, Gloves, Phone, etc.
See you on the Streetz!
Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture
Oakland Museum of California
My sister scored Streetzblog some great pictures from a museum in Cali that featured SNEAKERS! Can you believe it, Sneakers, Kicks, Gym shoes, have made it to the museum and the Oakland Museum of California was PACKED with people checking out the vast selection of foot wear!
The exhibit featured over 140 iconic sneakers from the 19th century to present time 2017. Brands included: Nike, Adidas, Puma,Reebok & a few extras. Run DMC and B-Ball Dribbler extraordinaire, Bobbito Garcia donated some of their cool kicks to add to the excitement.
You can learn more about the exhibit here: Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture.
Which are your Fav’s. Let us know your thoughts or Fav’s in the comment section. I personally vote for the White Nike Samples. Enjoy the pictures that my sister spent 3 hours battling the crowds on a Sunday afternoon just for me to show to you!
See you on the Streetz! I’ll be checking out Adam Sandler this Sunday night. Should be funny!
STAMPD 2017 Fall/Winter Runway Show
LA based brand STAMPD brought their A game to Men’s NY Fashion Week in February 2017. The Show entitled Asphalt Wave saw the STAMPD brand bring us a very nice silver bomber, a hint of electric color with the Yellow Hoodie and a bit of a 90’s retro look to the black plaid Shirt/Black Jacket and pants.
STAMPD brought us some of the best bomber jackets of 2015 with the various renditions of the Strapped jacket. The Silver jacket keeps them in the forefront of the 3 or more year trend of the bomber.
And staying true to their roots, kept a lot of the collection with their Black & White color palette. And looks like the cropped pants will continue into late 2017, maybe even 2018 from this show and others seen at the latest Men’s NY Fashion Week. The trend I’m noticing most is a higher crop, with more bulk to the legs.
Keeping to STAMPD’s street vibe, they didn’t do the traditional Runway show. Instead the dudes stood like mannequins on the floor and the attendees could walk around them to check out the new threads.
A bit of Graff and various textures and exotic materials added some newness to the STAMPD aesthetic.
And similar to the STAMPD/Daniel Patrick/Kanye West collections, kept the Nomadic Pre Apocalyptic street look going with this oversized layered grey piece. Probably my favorite look of the collection.
- As I see the title, I imagine skateboarding through the streetz of LA. With the title giving a nod to skate culture of the 90’s. Yet, the collection isn’t all 90’s so there’s most likely double meaning to the title. Asphalt gives a skater a much smoother glide than concrete. Yet waves can be smooth or pretty tumultuous. Looking way too much into the title. Maybe Chris Stamp is looking towards a hopeful Smooth 2017 with already known possibility of havoc on the way.
- Various sites on the web are giving Asphalt Wave gives reference to the Rap and Hip Hop vibe of the 00’s.
- Other sites mention the 90’s & the 00’s time periods.
- Or maybe, it just sounds cool and looks rad in gothic scripted Ink on various sleeves of black long sleeve shirts and trenches.
- Just one day (2/6/17) after I wrote this blog. STAMPD posted this information on what Asphalt Wave means on their IG. They must have been reading Streetzblog!
Fans of the brand and Celebs in Attendance
Fans of the STAMPD brand include: Kanye West, Nick Jonas, Usher, Justin Beiber, Will.i.am and Meek Mill.
Public School’s Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne, Hip Hop’s Ja Rule and Fabolous were all at the show.
See you on the Asphalt Streetz!
Off White Goes off the Street
High End Street Wear Brand Off White known for their diagonal/Slant stripes and the word WHITE on the backs of shirts, usually in a Black and White Color-Way. Goes off the path a bit in their latest Fall-Winter 2017 Runway Show.
There are lots of Vans inspired Checks, Flowing/Swaying with the wind clothes, various colored denim and a few nice shirts with the diagonal/slant design and White on back long-sleeved shirts, made out of an exquisite fluffy type of material.
I suspect it was time to shuffle things up a bit. But with all the sold out standard Tees unavailable. I would have gone at least another year of the standard issue Off White branded diagonal stripes with the big WHITE on back shirts and pants. *With all the Sold-Out Off White clothing out there, might be tempted to get a $86 Knock off on Ebay, but the sellers seem a bit sketchy. Sizing is xs-XL and says most shirts fit all. That sounds pretty whackety Whack. So, maybe I’ll never get an Off White Shirt if the trend continues with things like this Runway Show.
We shall see if these looks catch on as HOT as all their other shirts and pants did over the last few years. In NY Dec 2015, Off White was the Biggest brand I noticed in NYC. This Year, Dec, 2016, what I saw most were those super long, most likely very warm, tres expensive Canada Goose jackets in Dark Blue. LInes down the street at their store and people grabbing for them right and left at Bloomies.
- The Long Sleeve Diagonal print with WHITE on back shirts with the fluffy material.
- The Bomber Jacket with the Orange block square pattern.
- The Music: Very spot on with the spoken word, underground Hip-Hop and Jazz, ambient soundtrack. It sounded exactly like 2 restaurants I ate in NY in December 2016. Seems like the world is going toward more of a background underground mix than the blazing EDM and banging industrial of the last couple years.
- The long plaid Men’s Jacket.
- The Vans inspired checkered shirts and pants. Let Vans do Vans. Let Off White do Off White. The limited Edition Chrome Hearts x Off White Tees at Christmas were also Vans inspired. Were a direct take off of their logo. Somethings going on with the 2 companies. Hmm
- The flowing/Swaying materials and vibe. Felt a bit old-fashioned not forward fashion.
- The lack of the standard Diagonal/Slant Designs with the word WHITE on back.
- The funny colored Denim.
- And the leave prints. I can go to Wal-Mart for some Leave imprinted camo for $49 instead of what will most likely be $490.
- Baggy pants. This is a trend I see a lot in menswear. I liked the drop crotch look, I liked the fitted suits, but me, I think I would look funny in baggie pants with wide leg holes. Maybe a 22 year old could pull it off, but I doubt it would work for me.
What do you think of the New Direction of Off White? Feeling it? Or not? Let us know in the comment section.
See you on the Streetz! This week I finally have a Saturday off, so hopefully hitting the beach, sleeping a bit and maybe some Yoga or even Chanting…if I get the courage to go to it.