Author Archives: Scott Mackenzie
BTS MAP OF THE SOUL SHOW CASE IN HAWAII Pop-Up Shop Media Event 12/17/21
I was honored and excited to attend the special BTS Media Event today 12/17/21 at the BTS Pop-Up Shop at Ala Moana Center. We were able to shop for one hour prior to the store opening to the Public. It was way funny to watch the 40 age++ crowd trying to decide which figurine to get. There are 7 to choose from and they all change their hair color every 5 minutes. But looked like everyone got what they wanted and a good time had by all.
They had BTS Figurines, Pens, Booklets, Purple Holiday Items, shirts, and even a very DOPE Black Swan Flannel shirt. Most people bought the figurines and the pens with the faces of the BTS Starts on them. Mahalo to Alan Yamamoto and Sascha Koki for the invite. I had a really fun time playing around in the interactive store! And bought some figurines and pens. Maybe next time the Flannel shirt! The Pop-Up Shop is open now thru March 2022 At Ala Moana Center near Target.
See you on the Holiday Streetz…blog!
Pantone has declared the color of 2022 as Very Peri. It’s a fusion of purple/violet with a tad of blue
Virgil Abloh’s has been using it In the latest Louis collections. Lady Gaga flaunted the exquisite Very Peri ball gown for one of the House of Gucci premieres. It looks like it’s Ariana Grandes favorite color and even Sarah Jessica Parker is getting into the color sheen
You’ll be seeing even more of the color on the Streetz since Pantone has declared it the Go to color for 2022. I’m getting a free and festive vibe from it. Let’s all do our best to make 2022s vibe of the world match the hue of the year. Party like it’s 1999 or 1976 or maybe even 2042
See you on the magical 2022 Streetz swirling in sweet colorful cotton candy, loud Techno, a tad of drum and bass, a couple teletubbies and unicorns in matching jumpsuits in Very Peri
Enjoy pix from the movie and the the premiere of House of Gucci 11/24/21
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Thursday November 18, 2021 Los Angeles,CA
|ONLY IN THEATERS NOVEMBER 24|
House of Gucci is inspired by the shocking true story of the family behind the Italian fashion empire. When Patrizia Reggiani (Lady Gaga), an outsider from humble beginnings, marries into the Gucci family, her unbridled ambition begins to unravel the family legacy and triggers a reckless spiral of betrayal, decadence, revenge, and ultimately…murder. Director: Ridley Scott Screenplay: Becky Johnston and Roberto Bentivegna Story: Becky Johnston Based on the Book: “The House of Gucci” by Sara Gay Forden Producers: Ridley Scott, p.g.a., Giannina Scott, p.g.a., Kevin J. Walsh, p.g.a., Mark Huffam, p.g.a.Executive Producers: Kevin Ulrich, Megan Ellison, Aidan Elliott, Marco Valerio Pugini, Aaron L. Gilbert, Jason
Rated R for language, some sexual content, and brief nudity and violence
Site | Facebook | Giphy | Instagram | TikTok | Twitter
House of Gucci stars: Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Salma Hayek, Jack Huston, Camille Cottin and Al Pacino.
What they wore to the LA premiere:
- Lady Gaga: High-End Sequin Gown-Valentino
- Al Pacino: Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello. Check out his kicks from the look I saw seems like they are sneakers!!
- Jared Leto: Gucci from the S/S Love Parade collection. At the LA premiere he wore the bright pink tux. Check out the Gold pants zipper, looks a little bit streetzblog inspired. He’s been showing up everywhere with major Gucci Heat! Fit on point
- Ashley Tisdale: Gucci all Night Long. Nice oversized Gold belt buckle on the black dress. Other than Jared my favorite look
- Rachel Zoe: Vibrant Yellow Dress by Gucci
- Vanessa Bryant: Gucci Cape & Gucci Mini Bag
- Yvonne Orji: Pink Pant Suit by Rebecca Vallance with Louboutin Heels
- Salt n Peppa: The very Stylish Giant Gold Gucci belt buckle
The bag I will be rocking to the Hawaii premiere of the House of Gucci
See you on the House of Gucci Streetz…blog!
Gucci Gucci Fake No!
We are getting very near to the premiere of House of Gucci. As we get closer, more and more becomes available to the media. Check out this clip below. Gucci goes there, yep. They delve into the #fakesnotreal history of their bags and belts. Way back in the 80’s. Fakes have come a long way since the 1980’s and are a prevalent theme on the Streetzblog. Check out this heated exchange between two of the main characters. It’s deliciously perfect!
Adam Driver: “As far as Fakes go, they are pretty good..I’d buy them”
Lady Gaga: “This is Serious…Our Name Sweet Pea…on JUNK”
House of Gucci in theaters 11/24/21. See you on the House of Gucci.. Streetz!
MGM is doing a great job simplifying the overly wordy book. I remember trying to read it 2 or 3 times and every time I attempted it, There were just way too many unneeded words and lots of legalize. The actors look to be on their A+ game on this exciting thrill ride thru the House of Gucci. And look at all the Gucci branding on this new trailer. It will for sure sell a large amount of clothes, belts and shoes. Wonder if the stores will have branded store windows? Enjoy the trailer and Happy Halloween 2021.
See you on the Halloween Streetz…blog!
SQUID GAME Takes the Number one Position in 2021
As we meander from and still through the pandemic. Many will stay at home and some will be out on the town for Halloween 2021. I guess, it really depends on where you live and how safe you feel. We in Honolulu, Hawaii have some restrictions until October 17/18. Then after that, we don’t know what to expect. Either way, It’s time for our annual Hottest Costumes of the year. The year is 2021.
Some ideas you’ll remember from recent times, others a reminder of things you forgot about and a few will be HOT at the end of October.
This year’s list is packed with many steaming shows, pop culture references, celebs and the positive outlook we have upon the world we are leading into. With all the massive Hype of Squid Game, it garners this year’s top spot. Have fun, Stay safe and Happy Halloween!
TOP COSTUMES 2021..presented to you by the STREETZBLOG
- Squid Game Character: Green tracksuit, Red jumpsuit or Black cape. Or be bold and don a gold mask and be one of those freaky VIP’s. Face masks are available now on Amazon. That was fast, already available 10/1/21. 92 million households have watched this Purge x Hunger Games show!
- Dua Lipa & Elton John: Who would have thought?
- Roaring 20’s Flapper or Gangsta
- House of Gucci
- Travis Barker and Kourtney Kardashian
- Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox: Make sure you paint your tongue black
- Bernie Sanders Meme: Mittens, Jacket, & Chair. Get Creative, have fun on this one
- James Bond
- Dune: New or Retro version
- Space Jam: Either go Lebron James 2021 or Michael Jordan Retro. Great idea for a group of friends of 5 people
- Lil Nas X
- Virgil Abloh at the MET gallery
- Ted Lasso & Crew
- Steve from Blues Clues
- Emily in Paris: Was hot and will be hot again with the 2nd season coming soon
- Wanda Vision
- Cast of Westworld
- Lupin: Top 3 of my favorite shows in 2021
- Silk Sonic: Get some classic 70s clothes from Goodwill. Better hurry.
- Into the Badlands: Kung Fu x SteamPunk
- Sex and the City Gal Pals
- Rick Owens & Michele/Moncler
- Cast of West Side Story
- Raya and the Last Dragon
- Bob Ross and a Painting
- An NFT: I’ll let you figure that one out
- Kanye West: Bullet proof vest or Bright blue or red GAP jacket version
- Money Heist: Red Jumpsuit
- Vegan Hipster
- Team Gossip Girl: Julien, Monet and Lua?
- The cast of the Heights
- Ally Love/Peloton
- Bennifer: J-Lo and Ben Affleck
- Justin & Hailey Beiber
- Amazon Box/Fed-X Truck/DHL Deliverer
- Tooth Fairy & Dentist
- the Weeknd
- Nintendo Switch
- Air Jordan 1 High Top
- Ice Ice Baby: Saw this on a website earlier this week. It had 2 people dressed as Ice bags with one of them carrying their baby. Was pretty funny!
Who/What did we miss from the list? Who/What will you be this year? Let us know in the comments section below:
And don’t miss my annual Hello to Halloween Radio Show, this year it’s on Saturday 10/30/21. 3p-6p HST on ktuh.org
See you on the Halloween Streetz…blog!
DSQUARED2 Spring/Summer 2022 Men’s and Women’s Runway Show-September 26, 2022
DSQUARED2 brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2022. The Clothes, the setting and the music all provided an entertaining event. But Dang! Tonight I missed sewing class. Worked on a WORK project from 5p-8p. I never miss sewing class, that is sacred time for me. Takes me forever to complete a project and missing a week throws me all off base. I bring up class because I know how hard it is to make those custom patch Jeans and cargo’s. It’s probably worth your $700-$1200 that they may charge for them. A lot of work goes into that fit
I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Up-Beat, Fun, Driving the show Forward, with some interesting intrinsic hidden meanings that matched the clothes. If you hear it a few times, you may notice it. Very nice music! The show gives us a vibe from the 1990’s Club Kid Era with modern cuts and colors appropriate for the “hopeful” Post Pandemic world we should be in Spring/Summer 2022
The show brought joy and fun to the Runway. Some dope pants for both Men and Women, all three, the cargo’s, jeans and the sliced and diced chrome collection. Oversized green camo with bright Orange Linings-A never miss duo. That’s in my top 10 for sure. The black boots with white laces and the overall vibe of the show was very positive and entertaining from start to finish. I may cut my air like the Asian man model. And did that shirt really say Boy Bitch on it!! LOL BTW: Not sure what the song is called, here is the info on who provided it @adrianoalboni But as of 9/29/21 there are no posts on his IG site. A great time for him to get noticed, but I guess he wants to stay UG (Underground) If any one knows the name of the tune, please let us know in the comments section below
As per usual, we watch the show, then do the Highlights and the Lowlights. Here they are for the DSQAURED2 S/S 2022 show:
- Green Camo with bright Orange Linings
- the Music My favorite part of the show
- Black Combat boots with white laces
- Ripped Chrome Mens and Womens pants. Especially the Bronze colorway
- Greenish Blue cargos. Not exactly sure of the color but I’d rock them
- the Graffiti
- Patch Jeans and Patch cargos
- White Cargos with black stripe
- the Club Kid Crown
- Butterfly wings on the guys
- Shorts just about 2.2 inches too short
- they walked way to fast for my brain to catch up with the clothes
- the Club Kid Crown…yep it made both categories. Kinda nice Ode to Michael Alig (RIP) and the NYC Club kids, but also looked a bit flimsy and it’s always been too dorky for my taste
And if you want to see how far DSQUARED2 has traveled and progressed, see the F/W 2012-13 show below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga seems to pick one look each year for pure publicity. One year it was the duo shirt ($1,290), which had a T-shirt sewn behind a dress shirt, for the F/W2018 collection it was the iconic 7 layer jacket ($9,000). You can see them above/below or here on the Streetzblog. This year, it’s the grey sweat pants with the red plaid boxer briefs along the waistline. *Ya know the only time I saw someone wear the duo shirt, they had the plaid shirt on with the T-shirt dangling on the back. The model wears it with the T shirt and the long sleeve dropping up front. Interesting.
Unlike the duo shirt and the multi-layered jacket which both poked fun and helped Balenciago go viral. This year, the pants are not only going a bit viral, but come with controversy. “Sagging” as they call it, is not allowed in some states and lots of schools. Some of the the Twitter/IG conversation is claiming the pants racist, others are using the word Gentrified Sagging and many are just enjoying the goofiness of the pants.
The sweats are part of the F/W 2021 collection with the name: Trompe-L’Oeil Sweatpants. And of course, the price is a bit high at $1,190.
I’m thinking, the pants would have looked better with ripped Jeans and the boxers. The grey sweats are pretty old school.
What do you think? I suspect if the talk continues, the pants will either sell out quickly or be pulled off the site. Maybe, Just put em in the back of the closet with the duo shirt and the 7 layer jacket. As Creative Director of Balenciaga-Demna Gvasalia continues to laugh his way to the bank with massive amounts of money.
Demna and Virgil have the world hooked on whatever they create.
See you on the Streetz…blog!