Category Archives: Style
LEGACY with Anne Namba
Goodwill Goes Glam 2019
Goodwill Goes Glam is one of my favorite times of the year. Fashion show then shopping for deals. This year we celebrated 30 years of Island Fashion with Anne Namba. Then it was on to the shopping. Saw some people pick up some nice Louis this year. I didnt quite do as well as usual. Although I did score an autographed Miami Hurricane jersey. Which I will most likely give to a friend who digs that team.
The pictures for 2019 are more artsy than actual Fashion photography. Was testing out some new lenses and filters. I started with 300 and whittled them down to about 100. It’s kind of like watching a video with pictures. Hope you enjoy it and that you can feel the vibe of the show. You can see a couple of past years of Goodwill goes Glam 2017 HERE and 2018 HERE
This marks the 8th year of this annual event. Have a great day or night and see you on the Streetz…blog!
The Dancers kicked off the show with a Bang!
Some Selfies to get the crowd excited and enthused for the Runway Show
Anne Namba celebrating 30 Years of Island Fashion. Goodwill celebrates 60 years of serving Hawaii
All shots this year were taken with the Canon Rebel T7i Camera EOS 800D by the Streetzblog team
And the show continues with more fun filled models and exquisite clothing
Almost Time to SHOP!
Let’s Shop!! First the Shoes, second is the hand bags, next up Aloha Shirts, and finish at the Sports team area
And the hectic scene with lots of action from the Check-Out Area
Until next year, See you on the Streetz…blog!
COMME Des Goth It
Rei Kawakubo’s Comme des Garcons label, Homme Plus bring us the Comme des Garcons Homme Plus x Nike Air Jordan 1. Two colorways: Black or White. Goth Athleisure best describes these bondage inspired Kicks. Complete with silver studs, silver circles ankle strap, premium leather and extended tongue.
We had a teaser of them at the Fall/Winter 2019 Runway Show:
And here they are in the 2 colorways. As you can tell, we’re a bit more of a fan of the Black version. (Pix Courtesy of DSMNY). The CDG Homme Plus x AIR Jordan 1 High.
The Kicks release This Saturday 9/14/19 at DSMNY/Dover Street Market New York or on the DSMNY E-Shop
Check out the Runway show here:
See you on the Streetz!
Sage Style Advice from Tom Ford
I’m fairly strict on my work-wear, keeping it pretty Downtown-Corporate-Chic during the weekdays. Yet on Saturday and Sunday, If I’m not at a work event, I’m a firm believer at whatever your age, wear what you want and makes you feel good. Many weekends, you can catch me wearing extra large drop crotch Rick Owens Slate grey shorts, a Y-3 T and some Hi-Top DSM x Converse Kicks. If I’m on a vacation, I’ll take it up a notch or 2 with mostly bottoms and few tops that I created + sewed myself.
The September 2019 issue of GQ is all about suits. From Goodwill glam Plaids, to oversized pants to the Lebron/Thom Browne shorts suit. Basically, wear your suit anyway you want. Which leads us to this incredibly awesome quote from the ever stylish Tom Ford:
Tom says that people ask him: I wish lived in the 30’s or I wish I lived in the 50’s…that was a more elegant era. Tom Ford responds by saying:
But there’s no reason you can’t live in the world you want. All you have to do is dress the way want and live the way you want.
He’s talking more about dressing up in a stylish Suit. I’m talking more about wearing street at any age. Yet both of us are saying the same thing. If you like something, if you feel good wearing it, make sure that you put it on and wear whatever you want.
The photo below is one of my favorite non age appropriate outfits. THAT my daughter took a snap of when I wasn’t looking. I like it, I wore it. I may not be in the demo for this outfit. (Leggings, shorts in the winter etc) But on that day, I sure felt good about the World…and had an added SWAG in my step. Wear what you like, when you want…and with that said, I may wear some black to work on Monday. Hehehe
BTW: I still receive the paper version of GQ in the mail. If Details were still around, I’d still subscribe to it also.
Here’s a picture of the outfit I wore from the front side. A picture I knew that she took.
And here’s some more shots of me wearing what I want at any age.
Do you think it’s ok to dress as you like at any age? What’s your favorite suit trend for 2019-20? Are there any paper mags you still get in the mail or at the airport or is it all Digi all the time now? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…in a suit?
Kim Jones Scores for Dior F/W 2019
Get ready to wear Dior in Fall/Winter 2019. Some really nice tailored, polished clothing along with kicks and bags that ooze with spectacle and style. The collection is futuristic just enough to coordinate well within the Dior Aesthetic. Very wearable from work to the Hi-end club.
Check out the Highlights, Lowlights, the short :30 video if you’re in a hurry and the longer Runway show. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. See you on the Streetz!
- Tailored + Polished with a bit of Punk
- Kim Jones Designed
- Dope cross body bags and backpacks
- Even more dope: Circular Duffel bag (And I’m much more of a shoes guy than a bag man).
- Shiny, comfy black Shoes
- Nice fabrics, mostly the wool’s and scuba inspired
- Punk Rock influenced Accouterments
- Blacks, Greys, + Browns
- Harness’ and plenty of pockets (Very on Trend)
- Long black bondage gloves
- Shiny wrinkly trouser fabrics
- Long whispery scarves (Yes the scarf is a hot item for 2019/2020, I’m just not too into them)
- Sweater material instead of T shirt fabric
- White, Taupe and Light Blue
Soundtrack: Remixed Daft Punk
Movement: Instead of walking down a runway, the models stood on a catwalk conveyor belt.
Dior Men’s F/W 2019/20 Runway Show
The Crunch Force 1
Like some Kicks to go with your nuts? Planters has you covered. Check out the Limited Edition Crunch Force 1’s available on June 21st here. They are made with Royal Blue and Yellow Tumbled cowhide with Black Suede. The back features the word PLANTERS, the soles are peanut color and the inside’s are actually pretty nice with some Peanut graphics.
Here’s a nice look at the inner Soles:
(Pictures courtesy of Planters)
If you like your Nuts with your Kicks, better hurry on over to their pop-up website to secure your pair. Retail at $170 and look like they are almost all Sold Out!
What do you think of the Sneaks? I suspect you would wanna pair if you are a P1/Super Fan of the Peanut brand. Or maybe they will re-sell for some $$. Me, I think I’ll pass on them. Not quite my favorite color-way. Although, I do like the inner soles.
See you on the Streetz…Blog!
The Top 28 Fashionable Movies of all Time
(As Voted on by the Streetzblog Staff in May 2020)
With Many of you at home looking for something to watch. We’ve compiled the best Fashionable movies of all time. Have a nice time watching all of this Greatness.
1. The Devil Wears Prada: (2006): This movie has it all. Lots of NYC action, Fashionable attire, A Love Story, Paris, Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep and a variable Vrais/faux rendition of Anna Wintour. At least 1 Million dollars worth of clothes and accessories were used in the making of TDWP including a $100,000 Fred Leighton necklace worn by Streep. Watch for the CERULEAN (Blue) speech, it gives an entrepreneur an quick 4 minute MBA in the Marketing of clothing. The cast is power packed with: Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci, Simon Baker, Adrian Grenier, Gisele Bundchen, and Heidi Klum. And fun fact: The writer of the book-Lauren Weisberger plays the twins Nanny! The staff at Streetzblog has seen this movie at least 14x. It is by far the number ONE best overall fashionable movies of all time
2. Zoolander: (2001) Fun, Outlandish, Fashionable, Can you say Cameos and Orange Mocha Frappucicnos! Such a good movie about the world of male modeling. Stiller vs Wilson. Who is gonna come out the winner? Not enough room to mention all the stars, some include: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Christine Taylor, Will Ferrell, Milla Jovovich, Tom Ford, Fabio, Winona Ryder, Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Paris Hilton, Cuba Gooding Jr, Karl Lagerfeld, Natalie Portman, Justin Theroux, Gwen Stefani, Vince Vaughn, and Donald Trump. Fashionably BIG Quotes: Derek Zoolander: I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being REALLY, REALLY, RIDICULOUSLY good looking…And I plan on finding out what that is. Billy Zane: IT’S A WALK-OFF!! (Drop that mic!)
3. Blow Up: (1966) Fashion Photography, HOT Models, London, The Swinging 60s, Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll from start to finish. Not much is missed in this movie. Bold Stripes, Slinky shiny dresses, Mods, Rockers, Glamour, Day-Glow colors. It has it all including some trippy mimes who play tennis without a real ball and a cameo appearance and song by the Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Keith Reif. A Great movie to watch for inspiration for photography and creativity. If you want some inspiration for the swinging 60’s, this is a must see movie
4. Coco Before Chanel: (2009): One of our favorite Actors-Audrey Tatou portrays the iconic beyond belief classy-Coco Chanel. This is the history and story of Coco Chanel! Fashion Passes. Style Remains *Pro Tip: If you are having a rough day, watch any or all of Audrey Tatou’s movies, they are going to make you happy. Most of her best movies are in French with English subtitles. Well worth the reading of subtitles and can help you learn French/Francais
5. The September Issue (2009): Anna Wintour takes you on a behind the scenes adventure as she prepares for Vogue’s Fall Fashion Issue for 2007
6. We’ll take Manhattan (2012): One week of the life of Jean Shrimpton (Model) and David Bailey (Photographer). The Swinging 60’s are in full effect in NYC!
7. Unzipped (1994): The Behind the scenes world and process of Izaac Mizrahi. Some nice tips on creating a collection. A must see for any budding fashion designer. Features the biggest Super Models of all time: Linda Evangilista, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford
8. American Gigolo (1980) Richard Gere wears the most spectacular monotone suit, shirt and tie never seen before on film. Every guy in the 80’s tried to dress like him. It basically made Giorgio Armani a household name in the 80’s. We all wanted an Armani suit to look like Richard Gere. Monotone throughout. A look still happening in the year 2021. Russet Brown, to Taupe, Sage Green, Charcoal and Cornflower Blue. The suit, the shirt the tie and many times the socks all matched in one shade of said colors. this is the movie that spurred the monotone craze that has yet to stop. If you can’t think of what to wear, go Monotone and it will take care of itself. GQ and American Gigolo go hand in hand in the early 80’s. The Male Fashionista was never the same. The clothes made the man and the movie
9. Mademoiselle C (2013): A gem in the rough. High Quality, exquisite videography. The story of former Vogue Paris Editor in Chief-Carine Roitfied as she moves to New York to launch her high end magazine. Many, many fashionista’s. Tom Ford, Kate Upton, Karl Lagerfield, Kanye West, James Franco, Riccardo Tischi, Anna Wintour, Sophia Loren, Giorgio Armani, Sarah Jessica Parker, Liv Tyler, Beyonce, Heidi Klum, Bruce Weber and even more than what we listed
10. Breathless (1960) Jean Luc Goddard. Peg legged black pants with hi-collared with cuff sleeves New York Herald Tribune T. Could be in fashion in Dec 2019. Men’s 2 button suit jacket with wide super short tie could also see a comeback. Sunglasses, Hats, striped shirts, pleated skirt, short hair, so many things to list. Check out the main characters chain link bracelet, very a la mode right now at Louis Vuitton and Gucci. Even the ultra petite women’s bag is on trend in 2020. The movie helped to launch the French New Wave cinema. It did the same with style + clothes
11. Saturday Night Fever (1997) The 70’s, Disco Fever and John Travolta’s 3 piece White Suit. No other words are needed
12. Liquid Sky: (1982) Can you say 1980’s Nu-Wave Make-up. Deep in the underground came the movie Liquid Sky. Seen by many a punk rocker and New Waver as influence for their make up style throughout the 1980’s. Liquid Sky sports Big hair and nice bites of colorful clothing that infused, enthused + ensconced the 80’s vibe throughout the world. Neon Lights, Neon Make-up and multi-colored hair. Looking for Nu Wave Inspo for your 80’s make-up or fashions, watch this movie!
13. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961) Audrey Hepburn looks Elegant, Classic, Crisp, Clean, and Extremely well put together. The movie features the definitive moment of the iconic Maison Givenchy-Black Sheath Dress. She also has some great oversized Tortoiseshell sunglasses, and strands upon strands of Tiffany Pearls along with her long black satin gloves. Such an amazing, classic look copied for many, many years. And we can’t leave without mention of the double breasted bright ORANGE Givenchy wool Coat. As you know, we love the color Orange here at Streetzblog. Veracious Quotes: Holly Golightly: A girl can’t read that sort of thing without her lipstick. And I’ve got to do something about the way I look. I mean, a girl can’t go to Sing Sing with a Green face
14. Pretty Woman (1990) Chanel, Louis, Gucci. If it’s a Hi-end brand Julia Roberts gets to shop there. Richard Gere takes the monotone look into the 90’s with some variations, adding different shades of grey and even a printed tie. And if you want that Black Suit, White Shirt, Black Tie, White Pocket square look, it’s best seen on Richard in Pretty Woman. Edward Lewis: Wake up! It’s time to Shop!!
15. Mahogany (1975) Diana Ross is an aspiring fashion designer from the South Side of Chicago. So this is for sure a real deal fashion movie. 70’s exuberance, Beaucoup bell bottoms, Knee high boots, Dark washed jeans, Wide-brimmed hats, and Jersey dresses. And a bit over the top which we thought pretty dope, the Purple Lame, Metallic Embroidery and the Glow in the Dark Geisha’s. Wowza! Song: Do you know where you’re going to? Quote: Rome is like a rich old lady. She covers her wrinkles with things that shine
16. Pret a Porter (1994) Silly and Fun satire on the fashion world. Growing up we could never figure out if this movie was real or fake. Still confuses us..a bit to this day. Pretty sure it is fake..LOL Stars include: Kim Basinger, Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker, Tim Robbins, Sophia Loren, Danny Aiello and many others. Note: You may find this movie under the name Ready to Wear, seems over the years they switched the marketing of said movie to an English title
17. Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009) Talk about Shop til’ you Drop, OMG this girl can shop! The Nurmero Uno curator of the fashionable clothes in movies-Patricia Field says of the clothes: They are Colorful, Bold, Energetic, Voluminous, Eclectic, and comedic. Prominent Brands include: Vivienne Westwood, Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Milly. Lots of pink, many colorful dresses and don’t forget the infamous Green scarf! Rebecca Bloomwood: When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it’s not, and I need to do it again. And one of the best lines of all time: You Speak Prada? Did you know that the proper definition of a shopaholic is ONIOMANIA a term used for the compulsive desire to shop. We know someone at Streetzblog who’s got that Oniomania. Do you know anyone?
18. Zoolander 2 (2016) Not nearly as good as the OG. But fun to see many cameos including: Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Valentino, and Vera Wang
19. Ciao Manhattan (1972) If you want to see the Real Edie Sedgwick and not a movie about her, this is movie to watch
20. Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) We include this movie not because it’s about fashion, cause its not, but because it depicts 80’s Madonna inspired fashion spot on. It’s like being transported to the Unique Boutique, Antique Boutique, or Canal Jean Company in downtown Soho, Manhattan in 1986. Madonna and Rosanna Arquette. Get Into the Groove with oversized Ray-bans, layers of chains and necklaces, oversized scrunchies and the Epochal multiple black rubber bracelets Madonna is famed for wearing. Giving every 13 year old for 30 years something to buy at Claire’s. The Club scene (at Danceteria) also depicts the vibe of the time, the clothing and the dance moves. Madonna’s style on the Big screen. Fun Facts: The Vintage clothes store they visit was called Loves Saves the Day and was located in the East Village until 2009. The Orange baseball jersey Susan wears after her clothes are stolen has the initials MC. Madonna Ciccone. The super famous embellished cropped tux jacket from the movie sold at auction for $265,000
21. Factory Girl (2006) Hollywood’s portrayal of the next IT girl, Edie Sedgwick. Comes complete with a spot on Andy Warhol. See Sienna Miller as Edie, Guy Pierce as Andy, Jimmy Fallon as Chuck, Includes tunes by David Bowie. Fun Fact: Sienna’s eyes are grey but they are brown in the movie because Edie’s eyes were brown. Quote: Andy to Edie: You’re the Boss, Applesauce!
22. GIA (1998) This is a pretty harsh movie, so be prepared. Drugs, the early days of Aids, and one of the first super models. Starring: Angelina Jolie, Mila Kunis and Faye Dunaway
23. Sex and the City (2008) The TV show shook the world with Many a good looking outfit, So many shoes and non stop bags + purses. The movie continued with the theme with Carrie’s Ballerina Skirt, Samantha’s Suits and Fun Floppy Hat, Carrie’s stylish Head-wear, More hand bags, faux fur, and of course many, many Manolo’s. Quotes: Louise: It’s a Rental. Like Netflix for Purses. Carrie: Some labels are best left in the Closet!
24. Quadrophenia (1979) The Sharp dressed Mods-Skinny Suits way before their Massive popular explosion, Skinny Ties, Buttoned up Polo Shirts, Stylish Trench Coats, Mod parkas and Extremely Tricked out Multi-Mirrored Vespas. VS the Rockers clad in black leather Motorcycle jackets adorned with spikes, patches and paint. Jeans or leather trousers and white silk scarves. Head gear was also black leather with studs and spikes. Don’t miss the best dressed of the bunch, the leader of the Mods-Ace Face (Sting). Great soundtrack provided by the Who. Reign O’er Me + Doctor Jimmy and Mr. Jim. Fun Fact: The pinball machine that Jimmy plays on is the exact same machine that Elton John jams on in the movie, Tommy
25. Clueless (1995) 63 Outfit changes make up the looks of the 3 affluent High School Mall rats. Including 53 different kinds of tartans and plaids. Mid 90s Beverley Hills preppy. Mini skirts, knee high socks, and platform Mary Janes. Faux fur handbags, Feather trimmed coats and fun colorful hats complete the looks. The lingo in the movie also changed the way many of us talked for years to come. Couple of fashionable quotes from the movie. Cher: You see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my Feet and Mel: Do you know what time it is? Cher: A watch doesn’t really go with this outfit, Daddy. Stars: Alicia Silverstone, Stacey Dash and Brittany Murphy
26. John Wick 1, 2 + 3 (2014) (2017) (2019) We include the John Wick movies because the suits in the movie are just so utterly completely beautiful! The Cuts and Colors of the suits make this movie series with Keanu Reaves very fashionable. Various shades of black with some Midnight Blue. Richard Gere Would be quite proud. Killer Quotes: You want a war? Or you want to just give me a gun? Well John wasn’t exactly the Boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the Boogeyman
27. Qui Etes Vous Polly Maggoo (1966) A movie that is a bit odd. Yet fascinating. If you want #retrochic, Here it is
28. The Model (2016) Kinda’ creepy movie about a model. honorable mention
SOUL TRAIN wasn’t a movie, but you gotta dig the far out fashions. There’s also some Saturday Night Fever Dance segments in this Video. Enjoy!
What movie is your favorite? What movie would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Air Jordan 1 Retro HI NCXL
Nike House of Innovation NYC/000
Super exciting Triple Flexing Awesome Fun day at Nike NYC
Two Days ago Nike Double Dip dyed these Jordan 1’s in Day-Glo Green Paint. They also added the imprint I chose in the orange paint
Today, we got together in a group of about 12 and Customized our Jordans. Starting with the Swoosh. I chose Blue Alligator and Brownish-orange leatherbasketball material
Then came paint via acrylic markers. I will most likely tweak this portion a bit at a later date. We had about 2 hours to do everything. Like sewing and design class I was last to go home
Laces, Toggle, top flap and Lace tips are chosen. Many, many different colors to choose from. Here is the finished product. This to me was a $2,000 experience for a mere $200. And they are Air Jordans! Cannot believe my luck that this week was the AJ1 week. Next week is the Cortez, then the AF1. This Nike NYC store is a very incredible special place. Mahalo to Nariah and the crew for all the great help and supplies. My hands, shoes, jacket, even my face is colored in blue and orange!
See you on the Streetz…of New York!
Alexander Wang Runway Show
New York City
Sunday June 3, 2018
Early Summer NYC with crisp cool air, Alexander Wang and the Wang Gang bring the Heat. The Athleisure Sexy Bondage Sexy Goth, Bling AW Belts, Spiked heels, Bulky Kicks, with some patriotic clothes and Star make-up mixed in for good measure. Quite a Show.
AW keeps to his traditional color palette of black and white. The overall look is similar to the 2014 AW x H&M Collection.
I’m liking the uni-sex number 88 jersey. Black & White with some comfy short sleeves. The roominess is a great sign for Fall 2018.
Looking like it’s gonna be an Alexander Wang Gear 4th of July party! Face paint with striped stars, nice touch. Pop of red with a hint of blue. I see a Lei!
The Athleisure Bondage Sexy Goth. Makes you want to quit the carbs and get some abs..eh?
Nice roof-top NYC setting. Sandra Bernhard hosted Wang TV. The Classic Alexander Wang running, jumping, waving, smiling & greeting guests post show. One last look at the Bling it on, leather, no lace lookity-look for Fall 2018
See you on the Streetz!
*Pix taken via the live stream (6/3/18) on AWTV. With a couple screen shots from the AW IG.
The Unofficial Official Game Gear for a Chicago Cubs Game
Norm-Core/Suburban Chic Females
Many females in Chicago-land wear their uniform almost daily. Black leggings, shirt or hoodie from PINK and Brown Uggs. Some call it Norm-Core or Suburban Chic. Most call it their daily clothes.
For guys it would usually be Jeans, T shirt or Polo shirt, Jordan’s or Ultra Boosts. Not much Off-White or Fear of God to be seen. Just a few pockets of peeps here and there.
Most men and Women of Chicago dress alike. Especially in the North Suburbs.
Chicago Cubs Game Gear
At the Chicago Cubs game a similar version of sameness can be seen.
Here is the Unofficial Official Chicago Cubs Game Gear: Baseball cap, T-Shirt inside unbuttoned Cubs Jersey w shorts just above or below the knee (Mostly Khakis or Cargo shorts) Kicks are mostly real dad shoes, Mostly 90’s era NBs, Nike, Asics & Adidas or Slides & Flip-Flops (Known as Slippers in Hawaii).
Check these pix of Chicago Cub Fan Game Gear in Action:
What do you think of the Chicago Game Gear? Is this the look that works best? Should they add more personal style? Maybe some Streetwear? Or is this the way to go? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz!
Y-3 Limited Edition w/ James Harden!
4/5/18: Super Fresh, Hot, New Info on Y-3 x James Harden!
Y-3 is launching a Limited Edition collection with James harden on Friday April 13, 2018. The Video below is a teaser of the various pieces. Almost all items are in black which is super cool. Some Indigo/Very Dark blue and Champagne/Off White.
A Pink Petal Flower is embolised on many pieces. From what I can see, we can expect:
A Bomber Jacket, Cropped Pants, A Blazer, Hoodie, Tank Top, Regular and Compression Shirts, some logo’d Leggings and 3 different Shoes. The BYW Bball, The Laceless Tamgutsu and my favorite, the Bashyo featuring the bright pink petal flower. Some items come with the Y-3 stacked logo with inclusion of the Pink Petal Flower.
For some reason, Y-3 is my fav brand of late. And this collection looks like a must shop. Hoping there’s some affordable gear on launch date. Here is one of the sites that should have the dope dudz on release date See You on the Streetz!