Rick Owens SS23 Mens EDFU Thursday June 23 2022Palais De Tokyo Avenue Du President Wilson. Paris, France
This show is more of a spectacle like going to a play, performance art installation or a movie. The clothes are slightly secondary. And Rick has always said he likes to make clothes he would wear. I highly doubt we will see him in anything on this Runway except the large boots and bad ass oversized sunglasses. Would be pretty funny to see him in anything other than black. And Bright Green Glossy pants or flimsy, flowing fish netting, I Kinda’ doubt it. But, just like Rick is looking at the worst in the world, all I saw was bright colors, skip down to the bottom of the blog for some nice black clothes and kicks! YAH!
Rick continues on looking at a reality through the eyes of doom and gloom. Last show was apocalyptic this one he is irritated about the war and trifling arguments. So, instead of bringing us more low crotch black pants, oversized Nomad shirts, we receive bright Green and purple colors to help heal the world.
The Music is dope, the setting is spectacular, and the crane that drops fire balls has to be the biggest HIT of the entire show. It drops fire bombs 3x just like the models trip the same amount at 3x through the show. It would have been fun to be there in person just to see the fireballs dropping from the crane into the picturesque languid waters.
- The Music: “Swooping, Grating, Unhinged Exclusive mix by EPROM and SHADS reflecting the Untethered, Wonky Current Climate” (Show notes)
- The Fireball Crane!
- The exquisite setting
- Kicks: They are hard to spot, but there are some special kicks coming our way in 2023
- Scarab colored Jeans
- And YAH for the black colors on some of the clothes
- The flimsy flowing fish nettiing in red and green materials. Stuff You’d see in Ben Franklin
- The Purple Vest
- Bright Yellow Bright Pink
- And that bizzare red dress in that wierd fish netting material. Yuk!
I think I was so freaked out by the bright green and chifon reds, i missed all these blacks. Ooops, still no drop crotch pants. But Rick Owens fans will be happy to see their/our favorite color in the stores and on-line in 2023.
What are your Highlights and Lowlights of the Show? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Stark and Dark Just the way we like Rick
January 20, 2022 #Parisfashionweek2022 #PFW22 #Rickowens
It’s nice to see that Rick’s clothing is back to mostly black again. Such a relief from all those colors over the last couple shows. The show has a Gothic bondage vibe with modern cuts and aesthetics. I am sure the show woulda been even better with some real Bau Haus, Rotersand and Siouxsie tunes mixed into the soundtrack. I’m tempted to make a new soundtrack for the show.
Haunting black silhouettes with exaggerated shoulder pads, draping that hits the floors, giant KISS boots and some kicks that look like they will be winners highlighted the show. Stark and Dark would capture the mood to a tee. Strobes added mystery and helped the 3M pop nicely.
- Back in Black
- Grey plaid
- 3M Jacket
- Black puffer with zipped up hood
- Extra long hoodie with the white writing on it
- Kiss boots
- Cool Kicks
- Disjointed clothing
- The feathery stuff
- Low dragging clothes. I keep thinking that slush will be all over them
- The Soundtrack
- Candlestick caps. But see the video below the fashion show, and see someone who could use the 2 candlesticks glowing in the night
- That shiny black cheap looking material with the squares on it. Not need for it
Here is somebody who could of used the Candlestick Cap. I bet the car would have seen her with the two prongs on her head.
What did you think of the show, let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Editors Note 1/21/22: So this is super strange, I found a newer video of the show with better HD quality of the clothes. And guess what? It’s not Bau Haus on the Soundtrack, but close enough!. Sisters of Mercy lend their voices of LIGHT to the STROBE runway Show. Gives the show an extra punch of suspenseful, eerie, Goth Glam. Enjoy!
Rick Owens x Converse x DRKSHDW 7/27/21
On the search for some good Olympic content centering around clothes, kicks, and headphones, I ran into a collab I somehow missed coming our way. The shoes appeared in my IG Live feed late last night/this morning. Releasing all day today 7/27/21. They’re already sold out on line, have some in store in Amsterdam and Italy. And at some good pricing on Stock X as of 8pm Tonight. I’m thinking pricing on these will go down a bit in the beginning, but in about a year should double. Since they’re sold out on the Converse site and the Rick Owens EU site. They should increase in price, but may be a good deal for the next few weeks.
When it comes to Rick Owens Collabs, they are kinda pricey but not nearly as pricey as the Rick Owens main line. So re-sale should stay around retail plus $30 for a bit. Then over time, the price will increase. The RO x Doc Martins are still within $30-$50 of retail, but there are some very nice Replicants out there, so be careful when purchasing the Doc x RO collab.The shoe that pretty much kicked off the latest 10 years of Streetwear is the Iconic Rick Owens Ramones. It is basically an oversized Black + White Converse Shoe. Made with exquisite Italian Calf-Skin leather with a crisp cool stainless steel zipper. Yes, it looked a bit weird when it first hit. But, quickly became the go to staple of the high-end 2011-2015 streetwear scene. I took a picture wearing a pair in the Barneys store back in 2012. You can see it here. Or same pic is below:
Since the Ramone was a blatant take on the OG Black and White Converse All-Star, it’s kinda strange that this collab brings us full circle. Rick making Dough for Converse. Converse making cheddar for Rick Owens. A bit Bizarre. Yet it’s happened … Today.
And little did we know, these were the exact same shoes as seen in the Rick Owens Runway show that the streetzblog reviewed here Just 5 months ago. I’m thinking Rick’s been listening to some Good Goth or Industrial Dance lately. These are More Goth than the Air Jordan x CDG @ DSM Collab and those were pretty Goth/S&M/Bondage themed.
As the Streetzblog continues to find a story or two in this years Tokyo Olympics, let’s take a look at the Converse x Rick Owens TURBODRK Chuck 70’s. They come in Hi-Top BlK and Low’s in WHT. Both with stacked sole and oversized tongue.
What do you think of them? Do you want a pair? Or gonna’ take a pass and wait for the next RO collab..we know we will get it sooner than later. Pretty sure they are already working on another RO x Converse iteration. BTW: There used to be some really DOPE Adidas x Rick Owens kicks at the RO store in Soho, NY. I know I shoulda bought a pair, but were about $300 8 years ago and that was just a bit too high at the time.
Converse x Rick Owens TURBODRK Chuck 70s High-Tops:
Converse x Rick Owens Chuck 70’s Lows:
Pix courtesy of Converse.com and various IG accounts.
What do you think? Turbo DRIP? Turbo Dunk? Turbo DRK? or Turbo Dork? Let us know in the comments section and LMK if you see any cool threads or kicks in or around the Olympics.
See you on the Streetz!
The Ocean, the Beach + Rick Owens
Rick Owens Runway Show Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2021/22
The New Normal is a Nickel Plated Slate Grey Dystopian World-SM
Rick takes us to a deserted beach in the middle of Winter to show his post covid collection of super long sleeves, Multi Mega ripped cat suits, and clunky heeled boots. The bone skinny models fitted in comfy down jackets, saunter flawlessly across the stark cement runway. While small cold waves crash into the sand. Can you feel the chill? Ready for Dystopian Chic Blade Runner gentrification?
For some reason, many of the Highs are also the Lows. Listed below are the Highlights and Lowlights. See you at the Beach!
- The setting. A built in Runway surrounded by the cold ocean at a beach with No people
- Behind the Scenes action. Fun to see the crew getting the models ready to walk
- The Music: Fit the cold stark eerie mood of the setting
- Greys and Blacks
- The PInk Hair. It could have been more spectacular with some popcorn yellow, bleached blue and neon green. Like every 4th person would have been pretty cool to do
- The Multi -Mega ripped catsuit and dress
- Blade Runner Dystopian Theme throughout
- The Giant shoulder pads
- Aqua sequins
- Behind the Scenes acting up. The people were all too stressed out and moving too quickly. The show was doing fine with a nice mellow feel, then they acted like it was the end of the world.
- The Music: Could have added in a bit of Drum and Base and mixed it up a bit
- The skirts that flowed out at the knee
- Bellowing smoke at the tip of the runway
Rick Rocks the Dystopian Athleisure Goth
Place: Venice, Italy Date of Show: January 2021 Name of Show: Gethsemane
Paris Fashion week is back and so is Rick Owens. Gone are the abstract art interpretations of his Menswear show. And Back, what he does best. Mostly Black colors with some Dark greys and bits of contrasting whites. This show is what you would expect to see if you thought of Rick Owens the Brand.
Models parading through the smoke and fire in the dystopian VIP line. Lots of nice black clothing. Some dark greys. Slits and slashes, bit of bondage. If you think Rick Owens, this is the show for you. Even the music, may have been repetitive but matched the mood of the clothing line and presentation perfectly. The music and show had a nice Cynamatic style, not to brash, precision flow, right on target.
Even had an ode to Dracula/Vampires with the bellowing black capes. This is how I prefer to see a Rick Owens show. Doing what he does best-Hi-End Dystopian Athleisure Goth. Vibe of show, clothes at show, music, all perfectly match the Rick Owens brand. Well done. A+ Four Stars.
- The gathering area prior to walking the Streetz/Runway. Dope like a VIP line for a nightclub
- The Smoke/the Fire/the Ambiance
- The Setting and Music worked well together
- The Black and Grey Colors of the Clothing. Rick’s best work is done in BLACK. He does not need to change that!
- Bondage straps
- Precision Holes and cuts in the fabrics
- Mask Wearing
- The Finale
I liked this show so much, there aren’t many Lowlights. But because it’s the streetzblog tradition to provide the two, here are the only lowlights.
- The out of place abstract purple puffer jackets
- The white underwear (briefs) Just was not needed and didnt fit any of the rest of the show
- Chunky high heels for men. Just not a fan of them
- The light blue, once again did not fit with the rest, but there wasnt much of it, so its ok
Great Show and Glad that there was a Paris Fashion week 2021. Maybe next year, I can visit in person.
See you on the Streetz…blog
The Health Goth Craze
The Streetzblog definition of Health-Goth is: Awesome High-Tech, functional and fun fabrics that look just as good on the street as they do in the gym. Utilizing these 4 colors: Black, Grey, Silver and White. The Perfect example of Health-Goth is the Alexander Wang x H&M collection.
Rick Owens produces some great Health-Goth gear. He’s known for his oversized black and white Ramone’s Sneaker that shows homage to the Original Black and white Converse All-Stars:
Hood By Air/HBA is another brand leading the Health-Goth Look:
ADYN exemplifies the Health-Goth look with slightly longer cuts in the length of a Health-Goth shirt, High-Tech materials and the all black look:
Even Adidas is in on the Health-Goth Trend with Rita Ora: (Note: This collection added in a bit of Neon Yellow to the Health-Goth color palette. That’s ok, as long as it’s not the main color of the collection. A bit of Neon yellow or Flo Green goes well with the more sporty Health-Goth.
Whatever 21 shows us the Health-Goth look while hanging out at Home Depot. Notice, they go for more of a White color first, then the black in this collection. Different from the original Black clothing as the more dominate color. Enjoy the video:
Cottweiller has some nice grey’s mixed with whites, along with some pretty fab fabrics: Check out their website, it sure has a very futuristic vibe to it. Almost like playing a video game when checking out the various looks.
Some of the original Health-Goth proponents are already saying the trend is dead. But as you can see by the following excerpt from New York magazine. The Health-Goth craze is still trending in the City and at the Gym.
For the Instagram Celebrity: KITH 644 Broadway Near Bleeker St. 646-6486285 Brooklyn-based Snarkeitectue helped redesign Ronnie Fieg’s luxury-sneaker shop last Fall. Making Room for more paparazzi friendly neoprene Y-3’s and pebbled leather Buscemi high-tops ($865) not to mention branded KITH hoodies and Health-Goth sweatpants. Direct Quote From the March 9-22, 2015 issue of New York Magazine.
And for the Future is Now image of Health-Goth, I bring you an image from Today’s/Saturday March 27, 2015 Instagram feed. Alexander Wang’s Foam Injected leather T-Shirt from the Men’s Spring 2015 collection.
See you on the Streetz, Actually, Now I’m headed over to the gym to get my Health-Goth groove on. Going to wear my Black Quicksilver Eddie Would Go surf shorts, a plain all black H&M long sleeve T-Shirt and my Alexander Wang x H&M Scuba inspired Kicks. I hope to get more healthy than goth today. We shall see by where I turn up after the gym. Have a nice week!
Still Shopping for the Holidays? Here’s some HOT Shots
- The Lazer Blaster: Check this sucker out! It actually attaches to your iPhone and transforms it into a full on Lazer gun. Get the free App, slide the tricked out orange and black attachment on to your phone and you’re good to go! You can shoot up to 250 away and play with up to 24 people. Available at lazertag.com for a mere $39.99. Sure would be fun to have a bunch of these around work on a Friday afternoon..eh?
- Eau De Pizza Hut: Want to be with the “IN” crowd this Holiday season. Get your hands on this limited Edition Pizza Hut parfum. It’s very limited edition which makes it so sought after. Supposedly smells like fresh dough.Hard to find, makes it wanted by many. Kind of like the Burger King cologne that Ricky’s sold out of a few years ago. Although this scent is pretty easy to imitate, just get some of that gooey dough in the tube from Pillsbury, rub it on your neck and arms and you should be pretty good to go and smelling like something “Limited Edition” Or like you just cooked a bunch of pizzas. I think I’ll pass on this one.
- Rick Owens Sneakers: Big, Black, Bold and pretty pricey. But if you want to make a real Kickin’ statement, bust out the credit card and get yourself a pair of these for just: $1,210
- Jennifer Lawrence: Well, she isn’t for sale or anything and I usually do a special blog on celebs in Hawaii, but with lack of time during the Holidays and lack of internet service at my house for the last two weeks. Here she is live and in person on Oahu. Sal Masakala from ESPN said on the Surfers Poll Awards that she was staying over at Turtle Bay last week. He joked that he was trying to time his trips to the lobby so that he could check her out. Supposedly She was there along with many of the cast from the upcoming “Catching Fire” the second book and second movie from the Hunger Games. Here’s a few pretty awesome pictures of her on Oahu in November 2012: