The Ocean, the Beach + Rick Owens
Rick Owens Runway Show Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2021/22
The New Normal is a Nickel Plated Slate Grey Dystopian World-SM
Rick takes us to a deserted beach in the middle of Winter to show his post covid collection of super long sleeves, Multi Mega ripped cat suits, and clunky heeled boots. The bone skinny models fitted in comfy down jackets, saunter flawlessly across the stark cement runway. While small cold waves crash into the sand. Can you feel the chill? Ready for Dystopian Chic Blade Runner gentrification?
For some reason, many of the Highs are also the Lows. Listed below are the Highlights and Lowlights. See you at the Beach!
- The setting. A built in Runway surrounded by the cold ocean at a beach with No people
- Behind the Scenes action. Fun to see the crew getting the models ready to walk
- The Music: Fit the cold stark eerie mood of the setting
- Greys and Blacks
- The PInk Hair. It could have been more spectacular with some popcorn yellow, bleached blue and neon green. Like every 4th person would have been pretty cool to do
- The Multi -Mega ripped catsuit and dress
- Blade Runner Dystopian Theme throughout
- The Giant shoulder pads
- Aqua sequins
- Behind the Scenes acting up. The people were all too stressed out and moving too quickly. The show was doing fine with a nice mellow feel, then they acted like it was the end of the world.
- The Music: Could have added in a bit of Drum and Base and mixed it up a bit
- The skirts that flowed out at the knee
- Bellowing smoke at the tip of the runway
SASSY-Definition: Possessing the attitude of someone endowed with ungodly amount of Cool
The video below is the Yohji Yamamoto men’s 2018 spring/summer runway show in Paris on June 22, 2017. Once again, Double Y delivers the goods. Exquisite flow of the tops & bottoms, the appropriate amount of the color black, clothes so comfy looking you may sleep in them, & loose, flowing draped perfectly silhouettes.
Listed below are the Highlights & Lowlights along with the video of the Runway Show. Enjoy!
- The Duo layer on the bottom of the pants
- Super comfortable
- The crisp, clean lines on the straight legged black pants
- Writing on the right side of the jackets to match the left side of the pants
- Baggy, cropped, yet nicely tailored and very comfy black bottoms
- Deconstructed, Reconstructed suit jackets. Some with splotches of paint
- Silver Zippers, oversized Silver chains, and more sweet silver acruements
- Fluid, flow, & fun
- The music is a big off. The Clothes really don’t even need music, they are so good, but they would really sing better with some Loungy-Techno-House.
- The Blues, the off whites and the reds.
Next post will be the finished product of the Mercer Cred Double Cargo Pocket Pants made by Streetzblog for the Fall 2017 collection. See you on the Streetz!
The Right Way to Wear and Wang It
Pre Show Atmosphere
Looked like more people than usually were allowed at such a show. Crowd was also pretty mixed, Foreign press dressed in long Khaki Rain Coats, The Brunette Fashion Gals all staring at their phones, Some various people looking a bit lost? For some reason and not really dressed for the occasion, Lots of Hi-End Kicks on guys and gals along with the pseudo anti-establishment group in their very new yet slightly beat up Converse Kicks. Looked like FREE cocktails were very available. And with close attention, the best foreshadowing fashion flair I noticed were various people dressed in both Horizontal and Vertical grey and black striped shirts and skirts. Some looked planted and others just were wearing it, maybe to support the AW 10th Anniversary? (Later in the show we will see thicker vertical striped pants in grey and black along with my favorite horizontal brown and black striped pants).
Pre Show Set-List:
- Rihanna-Pour It Up
- Fetty Wap Feat. Monty-My Way
- NAS Feat. Lauryn Hill-If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)
- Rick Ross-Bandz
- Various Drums
- The Weekend Feat. School Boy Q, Rick Ross-Often (Explicit Remix) Mixed up with Sirens to get people to settle into their seats for the Runway Show
- Drake-10 Bands (Lights dimmed then went completely Dark before Start of the Show).
The Hashtags and @ Signs
#AWS16 #NYFW #Alexanderwang #Wang10 @AlexanderwangNY
More Color than I expected. Especially on the Female models, one actually was dressed all in Pink! Overall a fun show with mostly wearable clothes. Horizontal striped pants stood out on the guys. And layered with various textures stood out on the Ladies. Red Shoe laces on some nice looking black and sometimes white kicks were very visible. Here is a snapshot of the Looks.
My Favorite Looks
The Two Looks I Wouldn’t Wear, but Maybe you might Like?
Post Show Graphics and the Iconic AW Catwalk Run & Wave!
So that you can see and feel the full feeling of the evening. Here are some of Video Graphics splashing the walls. Along with the Iconic Alexander Wang Catwalk Run & Wave. Enjoy!
*All Pictures from every picture shown Above were shot via my iPhone5s during the live stream. Some str8t from the show, others had a bit of post editing done to them. I almost feel like I’m in NYC this week. (September 2015)
Celebrities At The Show
- The Weeknd
After Party Performers
- Lil’ Wayne
After Party Sea Shore Blue Jell-O Pop Shots
**The Jell-O Pop Shots picture is originally from the Alexanderwangny Instagram account, with some post editing done in one of my latest apps. (App is entitled Layout if you’re interested in checking it out).
What were your favorites? See you on the Streetz and have an Amazing Week!
Thom Browne Men’s Fall/Winter 2014-15 Fashion Show
Like two shows in one. First half is various shades of grey. Second half is the Court Jester Balloon jacket and pants show. Enjoy!
- Grey: There is still time before Fall/Winter 2014-15 to get your grey on. This show validates a theme we’ve been talking about on Streetzblog for a while now. Grey or shall we say Gray? is the BIG color for Fall/Winter 2014-15. Here we see many different shades, various materials and even a grey plaid fish shown to us all many times throughout the show.
- Textile Mix Tape: OnTrend with the mixture of different types of plaids, shades of grey and other types of materials all in one look. It maybe an ode to the Eco Friendly Fashion Future of re-purposing clothes or just looks very hobo-chic Ala Mode of the moment. Either way, it’s way Dope!
- Built in BackPacks: Ok, so this is taking the Back-Pack to another level. First they look like the back packs blend into the jackets. Then it seems that they are actually built right into the jackets. Either way, very cool. Nice subtle eye-catching detail. Hey-you wouldn’t lose or forget to bring your gear with you when it’s always with you built into your jacket. Nice for the multi tasking always on the move 21st century man.
- Setting: The Magical Forest? Alice in Wonderland? An ode to the upcoming Grey, Gray World? Interesting, the fish and other animals are quite fun to see. Not sure about the animal hats and head dressings on the models. It does give the runway a bit more of a theatrical presence, just a bit scary.
- Shoes: Grey with black soles. Time for a change from the Black Kicks with White soles. Just when I thought I didn’t need another pair of shoes and these are getting ready to come out. I would like to try a comfortable high top with a cushy black crepe sole. My feet still hurt and I really do need to find something that is comfortable. Thom sure isn’t being understated about the Grey trend. It’s seen everywhere from Jackets to Trousers, Fish to Shoes. Grey will be the new black for Fall/Winter 2014-15.
Vivienne Westwood Men’s Fashion Show F/W 2014-15
The men’s hair is so much fun in this Fashion Show, so plastic, so perfect, so much like a Weeble or a Ken Doll’s hair. That’s my favorite reason for posting this show. Wonder If I could get that look at home for a night out on the town..Wouldn’t that be fun!
Similar themes to other Men’s and Women’s F/W 2014-15 shows are the Grey and Camel Colors that have been a recurring theme. Other trend that is continuing is the ever morphisizing of the Men’s shoe. More fabulous colors, styles and crafting showing up in this similar to other shows in 2012-15. Check out the bright orange tassel shoes or some of the other multi colored kicks. And as color blocking was so big in 2012-13 for women, looks like the menswear in 2014-15 is doing it too.
I do think the models walked a bit too fast for my taste, needed to watch some of it a couple of times to see everything. And I do agree with Vivienne, there just seems to be too many themes happening in one show. I would recommend and say: A fashion show should be like a good :60 radio commercial with One central theme, or max of three mini memorable moments. Like I learned the first year I worked in radio-KISS. Keep it Simple Stupid. Or whatever they changed that last S to make it more politically correct.
What do you think of the show or the F/W 2014-15 season in general?
BTW: I’m working on a new Hawaii Designs interview with Citystars Apparel. It will be ready to go sometime between March 01-August 31, 2014. Just waiting on some more pictures and some special “Galaxy” Merch to get to the islands, then I’ll be ready to publish it.
See you on the Streetz.
Goth Vibe, Nice Digs, Cool Shoes
Highlights of this show include:
- The Setting: Stylish, Upper class, Beautiful, Greek, New Romantic, and Classic. I expect a King or Queen to step out any moment during the show. And then towards the end, they pan to the see-thru ceiling. I could for sure spend a day or two here. I bet there’s a Kings Thrown somewhere in the same building, maybe some crown jewels too!
- The Shoes: Green Shoes with matching shirts, Blue Shoes with matching attire, Orangish/Red shoes with a Red top and what looks like Silver Shoes, once again matching the clothing. I’m a shoe guy, thus the shoes and the matching clothes are very nice.
- Long, Long Skinny Scarves: Yep, they sure are long and skinny. They add some what I would call “Style Francais” to the looks. I just wouldn’t wear one out on the town while drinking cocktails, I would probably trip on it.
- The Music: Fits the setting very nicely. A bit Abstract, Lounge tinged with a bit of darkness to it. Gives it a nice laid back, crunchy, pre and post Modern French Vibe to the show.
- The Black and White Backpack: When I was in NYC in December, the Jordans I saw the most on people were the crisp, clean, Black and White with a tad of red-Jordan 13’s as worn by Denzel Washington in the movie, “He Got Game”. I think people wore them to stand out in the cold wintery weather or to blend in with the snow and street. This Backpack would go perfectly with those shoes. It would also be nice to use to carry things to and from work, especially while wearing a classic black suit and a white button down shirt.
- Oh and did I mention the Blue, Green, silver and Orangish Red Shoes?
Dressed to Thrill
Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall/Winter 2014 Runway Show-Tuesday February 11, 2014
Last year at this time of year, I dreamed of being invited to New York Fashion Week to blog about the Styles. This year, of course I still want to dream of going there for Fashion Week. Although, since I’ve learned so much over the last year digitally, I was very close to being there without actually being there. I was able to watch the Marc by Jacobs Runway show live on my iPhone and capture photos as if I was there. Best parts about this, is I didn’t need to wear a warm coat or battle it out with all the other bloggers for a good camera shot. Thank You Marc Jacobs for playing the Fashion Show Live, I had a great time watching the show, listening to the music and taking pictures of all the colorful new clothes.
Sooo many people with cameras. WOW! The Gallery you’re about to see is all the Pre Show hype. See the girls looking at their phones? Some people socializing and probably the best two pictures-Marc Jacobs himself! in the crowd talking to the fans and the press. I had a pretty nice vantage point to get him in the pre show pictorial-Sweet!
The Show-Part One
It was pretty interesting to watch what happens at a NY Fashion Week show prior to the Show. As you noticed, some people socialized, others checked out their phones, and I did notice some nice black bags that were probably filled with some nice Swag. Next up will be a TON of pictures of the actual Fashion Show. The Show goes from start to finish. I took a lot of nice pictures of the new bags, tried to get some nice shoe shots and of course nabbed a bunch of the stylish colorful new out fits for F/W 2014. Some stripes, some plaids, some bright colors, some daring handkerchiefs over the mouth, and I do notice a bit of a “Divergent” vibe with the pigtails and look of the un smiling models. Very interesting. I also notice a lot of grey..maybe getting ready for the Big movie “Fifty Shades of Grey?” I hope you enjoy the Show, it took me a pretty long time to put it together. A lot of uploading and downloading. I’m sure there must be an easier way to do it, maybe by the next Fashion Week, I’ll figure it out. For now, ENJOY the show!
The Show-Part Two
The next portion we will see some more color and the handkerchiefs I mentioned earlier, along with some more scowling youthful faces and some more pigtails. Once Again, bringing us that post apocalyptic look of oppression, style, money and women’s power. I hope you enjoy Part Two of the Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 2014 Runway Fashion show. Personally I liked part two the best. The fierce looks, The Hunger Games vs Divergent theme, the red pigtails, the fantastic colors along with more shades of grey.
The Finale, The designers and the crowd goes back out to the Snow
Here we see the full line-up of the designs, the designers and finally a few pictures of how very quickly everyone gets up to go. Me personally, I would probably sit and savor the moment. But, maybe everyone is on their way to the next show? Here’s the finale.
You can purchase Marc by Marc Jacobs clothes, shoes, and accessories here. And my parting shot, is one of my favorite pairs of Kicks that I own. Marc Jacobs Brown/Gold Patent Leather kicks from 2013.
What did you think of the show? What would you like to wear? What kind of vibe did this show give you? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz.
G.V.G.V Tokyo Collection-Spring 2013
The G.V.G.V designer is known as MUG and he/she used insects as their inspiration for the Spring 2013 Fashion Show in Tokyo. I totally Dig this Photo with the Sunglasses matching exactly with the background. awesomeness! Nice Creative work-Mug! Congrats!!
The collection included Dragonfly inspired clothes using iridescent fabrics for tailored pencil skirts, cropped Jackets and slim pants. These sunglasses have the dragonfly vibe and I would definitely rock em’! I’ll label these babies: “Retro Swinging 60’s ala’ New Wave Futuristic Liquid Sky Vibe Shades”. Oh Yeah! I’m digging the G.V.G.V creativity-Now I gotta’ go and check the web and see if they have clothes for Men. I sure hope so! This is a designer I could see working for!