Category Archives: TV Shows
Anna Sorokin x Anna Delvey
Everything you ever wanted to know about Anna x2 and More! UPDATED 3/2/22
An over the top drama filled series on Netflix based on New York Magazine’s “How Anna Delvey Tricked New York’s Party People (2018) by Jessica Pressler. BTW: Jessica also penned Hustler at Scores which turned into the Movie Hustlers starring Jennifer Lopez.
*Get ready for a giant comeback. Anna already got paid $320,000 for the rights to the Netflix story and according to her IG posts, she’s making some major moves now (Feb 2022) Even in the ICE detention Center. Getting paid even more for being Anna. And doing as Anna does. “Think Rich to become Rich” “Conceive, Believe, Achieve” “Where thought goes Energy flows and results are guaranteed” For Anna her number one thought is getting paid and second thought is being famous, she has mastered both.
The Music/The Soundtrack to the Series
The music matches the Netflix series to a T. The lyrics to the songs fit the scenes perfectly. You’ll find the tunes matching the show so perfectly and I’m sure you’ll have your shazaam in over-drive as you watch the series.
To Help you out a bit, here are many of the songs that flow with the show. And some of the scenes the songs are in and the a bit of lyrics and how well they match the theme of the show. Grade A for Music within a Series.
- Megan the Stallion-Rich: Yep Rich and Famous, that’s Anna Delvey & Anna Sorokin.
- CliQ Feat. Alika & Ms. Banks-Google me: “I’m a Big Deal, Google Me” The perfect song for the entire series.
- Cyn-Drinks: “Out with my friend, drinking a drink, Alexa knows the bartender so all the drinks are FREE” Yep, almost always the Anna’s drinks are free and High end.
- Bermuda Kills-New York, New York
- Rico Nasty-Own It
- Bordeaux-Franchise Freestyle-“You need MORE than Google just to find Me” Shows how elusive Anna really is.
- Confidence Man-First Class B*tch: This song sums up the movie perfectly. Anna may have been their Muse
- Daemon Feat. Zach Bishop & Amorie-New York New York. I woke up in the City that never Sleeps Classic line, but matches Anna’s sleeping patterns exactly. For many years she went out all night and slept all day. One of the Best ways to Live your Best Life. Or to think that it’s your best life. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere. Another great classic line, maybe one of the reasons she likes New York better than Paris, Germany or London.
- Frida Kahlo-Lion Babe
- Torren Foot Feat. Tinie Tempah & L. Devine-More Life
- Laura & Nova-Get Creative
- Jhene Aiko Feat. Ty Dola $ign. Party for me. Played while on the Yacht in Ibiza. As we know Ibiza is one Big PARTY!
- Megan the Stallion Feat. City Girls & Hot Girl Meg-Do it on the Tip
- Rony Rex & Carla Monroe-Milk It
- Amanda Feat. Kari Faux-Love em Leave em
- Dumi Maraire & Raphael Lake-Talk about It
- Logic Feat. Wale & John Lindahl-100 miles and Running
- Duckwrth-Unstatus Quo
- Me Gusta with Cardi B & Myke Towers–Anitta
- Dope Saint Jane-You’re Gonna Make it. Song played when the truckload of discovery arrives at the lawyers office. Also when Neff “almost” visits Anna at Rikers Island Prison. How bad do you want it, this bad, this bad” Manifest that sh*t. The song delivers the drive of many social climbers in NYC. And Anna’s ever easy way to manifest places to stay, fancy clothes and lots of cash money!
- seeyousoon-Faster Please: Played as Anna charges up $400,000 on clothes, shoes and sunglasses. Of course it’s on someone else’s credit card
- Jungle-Talk about it. Song played as Anna eyes 281 Park Ave as her home for the ADF location. What I gotta do? To start something new. What I gotta do? To Start living in the sunshine everyday That’s exactly what Anna was planning. Building something new and living Large all day everyday
- Major Lazer Feat. Mo & DJ Snake-Lean On
- Princess Nokia-Harley Quinn
- Robyn the Bank-Sha Bad One
- Lewis OfMan-Attitude
- Don Bigg-170kg
- Hot Kicks-CAnt Break my Life
- Missy Elliot Feat. Pharrell Williams. WTF (Where They From) Played while the ladies sauna and drink expensive Champagne.
- Travis Scott Feat. Young Thug & M.I.A-Franchise
- Tkay Madza–Shook
- Daisha McBride-Ballgame
- CHALL-Wow (Look at Me)
Anna Sorokin vs Anna Delvey Characters
- Val is in the series. One of her best friends in the early years. He isn’t real in IRL.
- Chase Sikorski in the series is her boyfriend who has an app called Wake and does Ted Talks. Anna Sorokin’s Chase is most likely Hunter Lee Soik. He or Chase is AKA “The Futurist” Soik is the most likely candidate, although there is still some skepticism. But Soik did move to the Emirates. See below for his TedTalk
- Nora Radford is very RICH and is where Chase, Val and Anna lived for a while. She also mentors Anna and supports the Anna Delvey Foundation. In the series Nora sends Anna out to get take out, but little does Nora know that Anna is buying up thousands of dollars of designer duds (on the TV show the bill is $400,000). This Character doesn’t match a real person. Its like an amalgamation of characters.
- Rachel DeLoache Williams in the series Neff says that Anna bought all the fancy clothes that Rachel wears. Rachel in real life paid the $62,000 Moroccan vacation. And as the series culminates, Many cheer for Anna and kinda despise Rachel. In the series they say she may have lost 62K but she made over half a million dollars from her story and other things associated with Anna Sorokin.
- Kacy Duke is the celebrity trainer/Life Coach in the series and IRL. She is the trainer best known for getting Dakota Johnson in shape for 50 Shades of Grey. She is super spiritual and believes the Universe will work everything out in the end.
- Richie Notar in the series and IRL is the co-owner of NOBU. Anna meets him at a special art party in the garden. He got his start in the Biz as busboy at Studio 54. He is part of Anna’s Park Ave project
- Andre Balazs in the series and IRL is famed Hotelier. Think the Standard and Chateau Marmont. He is also part of Anna’s team
- Alan Reed Played by the guy/Anthony Edwards from ER. Alan Reed is based on NY real estate Lawyer Anthony Lance. I love it when he doesn’t get racket court #1 and gets #12. He rolls his eyes and bumps into people like it’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to him. Now this has to be the pinnacle of white privilege. While some of us are out here wondering where our next meal will come from. Mr. Reed almost has a heart attack, when he isn’t VIP anymore. LOL
- Talia Mallay in the series lives in luxurious Hampton’s of the Super Rich, she has a Yacht that Anna and Chase go to. They spend an extra 4-7 days on the Yacht after Talia has left for New York. That was a pretty pricey Yacht. In the show, Talia says an extra week on the Yacht would cost the price of a Tesla! The Talia/Chase/Anna scene is one of the best when Talia calls Ibiza I-b-t-h-a, trying to sound super cool, yet everyone who really is cool, calls Ibiza like it’s spelled IBIZA. There’s also a guy on the Yacht that has the vibe of an overweight Steve Rubell of Studio 54 Fame. Or like a stereotypical 1980s record producer kinda guy. Talia Mallay might be Jayma Cardoso-She is tagged in a picture of Anna on the Yacht in September 2014.
- Vivian Kent is the main Journalist in the TV series. Jessica Pressler actually wrote the New York Magazine article.
- Neff in the series is Anna’s Ride or Die friend. You’ll like Neff, she is loyal to Anna from start to TFN. A great friend to have, no matter who you are. She is the concierge at 11 Howard and a film maker. Her real name is Neffatari Davis.
- 14 George in the movie is really 11 Howard IRL.
- Manhattan Magazine in the show is actually New York Magazine in real life.
- Anna Delvey is the self proclaimed German Heiress’ made up name. Real name Anna Sorokin.
- David Frankel the Director of the Devil Wears Prada directed 2 of the episodes of Inventing Anna
- Rikers Island has 10 Jails, that house up to 15,000 people. They wear Grey and Orange Jumpsuits. Anna continually gets in trouble by trying to tweak her uniform to give it more pop and style.
- Andrew Lance has been ranked as the number one Real Estate lawyer in the country by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Le Cou Cou is the restaurant inside the 11 Howard hotel. It is where Anna orders extravagant menu items not on the menu and charges them to her room. Fact: In 2017 before I went to NYC, I googled Where do the Hot Models and Celebs eat in Manhattan. And Le Cou Cou came up #1. I ended up at the #2 place, an delightful Italian spot with great olives and other foods. But only had about 7 people there and zero models/celebs. Ahh I was so close to becoming friends with Anna.
- Neff Davis is still good friends with Anna Sorokin. She also runs Anna’s Instagram account. And You’ll like this: She said that Rachel got paid back by Amex and made a ton of money off of Anna. Neff is not sympathetic towards Rachel just like the series contends.
- Purple magazine is a artsy fashion magazine run by Olivier Zahm. Who mostly fills the mag with black and white photos of Women he likes.
- Zellige tile is glazed terra-cotta tiles that appear in intricate patterns and bold colors in Moroccan hotels and homes.
- When she mentions one of the Culkin brothers, It could be either one, cause both starred with other stars of Inventing Anna. It’s either Macaulay Culkin from Home Alone Fame, who starred opposite Anna Chlumsky/Vivian Kent in the 90s movie My Girl. Or it’s Kieran Culkin who starred with Anna’s lawyer in Succession.
- Billy McFarland is a con artist and co-founder of the Fyre Festival. He defrauded investors of $27.4 million dollars!
- Delvey’s favorite Tune: Eminem’s Lose Yourself. (Source: Garner in Town and Country magazine February 2022)
- Cup Noodles: What she trades in jail to get more phone time.
Designers & Clothing Brands seen or mentioned in Inventing Anna
- Rick Owens
- Louis Vuitton
- Alexander McQueen
- Michael Kors
- Saint Laurent
- Victoria Beckham
*Anatasia Walker styled Anna for the trial. Here’s a bit about what was happening during the trial:
“Your client seems a little too concerned about her clothing. This is a trial. She’s a defendant,” Kiesel told Spodek. “I’m sorry her clothing isn’t up to her standards. Are you asking me to stop this trial because of the clothing? She’s got to be here.”
The Anna Sorokin Timeline
Anna was born January 23, 1991 in Russia. At 16 she moved to Germany, after High School she went to study fashion at Central Saint Martin’s in London. She quit school went back to Germany for a bit then on to Paris. In Paris she interned at Purple Magazine. Then she went to New York, she said it was easier to make friends in NY than in Paris.
2017 trip to Morrocco for the famed $62,000 Vay-Cay.
July 2017: The past catches up with her. And she owes $12,000 to Manhattan hotels. After attempting ad Dine and Dash from a NYC restaurant, she is arrested and charged with 3 Misdemeanor counts. She skips out on her court date. Shortly later she goes to the Chateau Marmont in L.A
October 2017: Her friend “Rachel” sets her up. While at *rehab she thinks she’s going out to lunch and is arrested in a STING operation by the Manhattan DA’s office. *She conned herself into rehab so that she couldn’t get extradited.
March 2018: New York Magazine prints her story and she becomes extremely INSTA famous! It’s more than a year later when she is found guilty of charges including Grand Larceny. But “Rachel” doesn’t win her case. Go team Anna. Maybe a Karen should be a Rachel. At least that’s what is seems from the TV show, who knows in real life what Rachel is like, I really do not know.
She serves 2 years of a 12 year sentence at Rikers Island. She gets out of jail.
February 2021: Then within a month she surrenders to ICE who puts her in a jail in New Jersey
As of 2/28/22 Delvey is still in Jail in New Jersey. Neff is helping with her social Media and by the looks of it, she is getting even more famous through her IG and thru the Netflix series, Inventing Anna.
I Have Anna Delvey’s Credit Card
Yep, it came inside the February print edition of New York Magazine. Like Anna, it is not cheap. Its a very good crisp, cool, solid credit card. Complete with chip image, secret code and even her Signature. Here is the sample. I carry it in my wallet, looking forward to trying it out at a Steak and Lobster Dinner!!!
Did we forget anything in this article? Will you watching Inventing Anna? Let us know in the comments section. And fill out the survey and let us know who’s team your on?
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a season 2 of Inventing Anna. Per her IG account she’s making some major moves even behind bars. Making Money, getting more and more famous and trying her hardest to Live her Best Life!
Sources: WWD.com, WomensHealth, Inventing Anna TV series, Independent, Marieclaire, The Cut, New York Magazine, Tudum @theannadelvey IG account, Town & Country Magazine (Feb 2022).
Ultra Rise Mega Fall=Major Drama
Ryan Murphy Writer and Producer + Ewan McGregor The Star of the miniseries + the Studio 54 1970s, will equal Big Time D-R-A-M-A
Ewan McGregor of Star Wars and Trainspotting fame will transform into famed American designer-HALSTON. Ryan Murphy is the writer and producer, you know him from American Horror Story and Pose. And from the video below, you can feel Ryan’s dark dramatic vibe all over this upcoming miniseries coming to Netflix on May 14, 2021.
If you think the track on the trailer is familiar, It’s Depeche Mode’s Enjoy the Silence. It, sets an eerie feel for the ensuing drama about to happen throughout the Halston Mini series.
A Bit About Halston
Halston’s early work included designing Jacqueline Kennedy’s famous Pillbox hat that she wore to the inauguration of President Kennedy.
Halston is well known for Hot Pants, Ultrasuede Leisure Suits and Caftans. He also designed for some very High level entities including: the 1976 U.S Olympic Team, the Girl Scouts, The NYC Police department, Avis Rent a Car and Braniff Airlines.
The Mini Series on Netflix
Since Ryan Murphy is involved in the Mini series, we already know there will be some big time drama. And from the looks of the trailer, it will show the rise and tangled, drug fueled fall of Halston’s world. I know from watching another Halston movie, he got so lost, he ended up loosing his own name for a few years in the 80’s.
It should be fun to watch Ewan McGregor romp around Studio 54 with the likes of Liza Minnelli, Bianca Jagger and Andy Warhol. I hope they show the horse prancing around the nightclub.
Check out the trailer below to see what’s in store. The business meeting gives us a funny/unfunny slice of the mega drama about to be unleashed upon us via the special limited Netflix series. I sure hope by sister pays her Netflix bill in May!
And here is a sneak peak of the Streetzblog x Street Meat Market Movie:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Boogie Pops into Theaters
Basketball Movie-Boogie in Theaters Friday March 5
We couldn’t be named the Streetzblog without letting ya’ll know about a new movie coming soon to a Theatre near you. Boogie is written + directed by Eddie Huang. The same Eddie that brought us Fresh Off the Boat, the Baohaus Restaurant in NYC and Huangs World. You can probably still see some of Huangs World on Vice. If you get a chance to see it, check out the show where they are in NYC shopping for retro T’s-his friend has a warehouse FULL. Somebody I’d like to meet one day. And there’s a quick cameo of the Public School duo at the Barbershop.
I saw Eddie talking to Jaylen Rose this week. Eddie told Jaylen that it was on the Basketball court that he met a lot of his friends and learned about street style, music and culture. There’s not many people where I hoop. Did meet someone pretty cool about 2 weeks ago. He talked a lot and shot lights out. Was a fun day at the court, but never saw him again. I do remember, when I went to church every week, I would play basketball after. I would show up at this court in the middle of nowhere and another guy would be there every Sunday. We played intense one on one. Never talked just played. Was really fun, but a bit strange how we only communicated by playing B-Ball together. I didn’t learn much street culture. But he did have a tattoo of a tear under his left eye.
I PREFER MY STRIPPER NAME, BOOGIEQuote from the Basketball Movie-Boogie
Looks like a movie I would like. Basketball, NYC, Streetz, A bit of Bling, and good possibility of a solid story. Huangs World was always fun to watch and Fresh Off the Boat had some funny moments. Hopefully this has some of the humor and culture we’ve come to know from Huang’s previous projects. And sure hope it has a good ending. The last 2 basketball movies I’ve seen , didn’t quite end well. I personally could go for a Happy, Positive ending of this movie. We shall see. It opens in theaters on Friday March 5, 2021. I don’t have a vaccine yet, so won’t be going to the theater. Would like to see it in a theater, but I’m not quite ready to be in an enclosed space for 2 hours indoors. I’m sure we’ll see it soon on Netflix, Amazon Prime or maybe YouTube.
It’s a great time for the movie to come out. This weekend is the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday March 7, 2021. Lots of flashy Tasty Mint Green and Black Kicks coming out this weekend, the 3 point shot contest, skills challenge and the Dunk contest. For those who usually watch the dunk contest on Saturday night, a big FYI The Dunk contest is happening during half time of Sundays NBA All-Star game!!! So be ready. Everything is Sunday, keeping things safe as we continue with da Rona pandemic.
Boogie stars: Taylor Takahashi, Taylour Paige, Pop Smoke and Eddie Huang.
See you on the Streetz and hopefully soon at the movie Theater
A Younger version of Sex and the City?
The Other 3 Should Have Gone Pink Hair Trend
The TV show Younger premieres this week on TV Land. When I was in NYC in December, I kept seeing posters that said Coming Soon in March: Younger, I meant to take a picture of the ads, but kept getting distracted by shopping, people watching and eating. And I figured, I’d get back to Hawaii and hear about the show and write about it on Streetzblog. Giving everyone a very advanced notice of the show.
Well, as you can see, I saw nothing of the show way out here in the Pacific until I happened upon Hilary Duff and the man star (Nico Tortorella) with green hair on GMA this morning. Being half asleep, yet coherent enough, I noticed that they were talking about Younger and how it premieres this Tuesday March 31st on TV Land!
The show looks like fun! It’s from Darren Star the creator of Sex and the City and the clothes are styled by Patricia Field who also did the styling for Sex and the City. So, just for the clothes it should be a HOT show.
Younger stars Broadway actress Sutton Foster (Bunheads/The Angriest Man in Brooklyn) as a 40-year old suddenly single mom who attempts to be 26 so that she can get a hip, cool job in the City. The show also co-stars Hilary Duff (Lizzie McGuire), Debi Mazar (Entourage & Goodfellas) Miriam shor (The Good Wife & Bedazzled) and Nico Tortorella (The Following & Scream 4). Here’s the trailer, see what you think of the new show that is bound to get viewers, for the content, the fashion or hopefully BOTH.
So funny, I always mess up and call Sex and the City, Sex in the City. I had to fix it like 4 times for this blog post. And for the record, I thought Madonna looks good-looking like a 26 year old on her Instagram and on the awards show. This show looks perfect for those of us who don’t take an age that we are given and do or wear what we are Supposed to do or wear. And as I always say in my style advice. If you feel good in something and you enjoy wearing it, Wear it…You only live once, Any time and Any age is a perfect time to enjoy your Clothes and Kicks, no matter what age your birth certificate may say you are.
You should have seen my Health-Goth clothes on Saturday. If I can get them off my Go-Pro, I’ll post them on Instagram. Not at all age appropriate, but I felt good and at least I thought I looked good!
Addition to blog-4 hours after writing the original. You can see the pilot of the show here. Totally legal link on TV Land. I just watched it, very funny especially when her phone goes off in a meeting. The Show reminds me a bit more of How to Make it in America or Entourage than Sex and the City. Was enjoyable and cracked me up a few times. LMK what you think, if you watch it.
Julia’s Pawn Attempt
Barely Legal Pawn-Promo Video
I’m not going to say what this video is for or that it promotes something. It’s just much better to watch thinking it’s something Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul, and Seinfeld’s Julia Louis Dreyfus did for fun.The only thing they missed in the video is getting that Pawn Star FRIEND that seems to always be available to look it over. James Franco would have been perfect for that role. Press play and enjoy!
Does anyone really know what Veep is? I guess I don’t get that channel at my place. See you this week on the streetz of DownTown-ChinaTown, Waikiki and wherever I can find a hot tub and cold plunge.
Get your Gotham on
The buzz is heating up for the New Gotham series coming this Fall to Fox!
Check out this fresh trailer for the upcoming FOX GOTHAM TV series featuring a very young Bruce Wayne AKA the BATMAN. The internet is buzzing about younger versions of some of your favorite criminals too! These include: Catwoman, the Penguin, the Riddler, and Poison Ivy. We still have plenty of time to get ready for this, after watching the trailer, see below for some HOT looking gear from Patricia Field to Get your Gotham on!
As Promised here are some fun items you can get at Pat Fields NYC. I have the Vogue and Ghetto Snapbacks (Also available on this internet site). In December 2014, they were sold out of the Gotham cap when I was at their store. I know, I can always go on-line, but I’m on one of my on- line fashion shopping fasts until June. Shown below are the Badacious GOTHAM horned Snap Back Cap and the ADEEN Bat Boy Cap..both perfect for your Fall 2014 viewing pleasure and both available on-line at Patriciafield.com or at her store in New York at 306 Bowery between E. Houston and Bleeker St. next to SSUR.
Breaking Bad to the Bone
No Sleep Til’ the Finale
Things I learned during 5 Day TV Marathon
I spent Wednesday Thru Sunday During a week in September/October 2013 watching the Breaking Bad Marathon. I stayed awake from 7:00 p.m-2:20 a.m on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday Evening. By the time the BB finale came on Sunday night at 6:00 p.m, I was barely awake, living off fumes of adrenalin. It was quite and experience. Here are some of the things I learned:
- Even though I’ve had a day job for 25 years, I still totally enjoy and being awake during the night. The crisp cool breeze, the dark skies, even the peacefulness of the air around me. As the song goes, I like the Night-Life. And sleeping during the day.
- It’s fun to watch TV with strangers on both Twitter and GetGlue. I especially enjoyed Twitter and the many nice people I met, they not only talked about the show, but where they lived, what they did for a living and if and when they came to Hawaii. It was quite fun. GetGlue was great for earning stickers, I made off with 9 over the 5 day time period and GetGlue is also a great place to find answers to questions about the show and the characters without using Google and getting some sketchy site answering the question, but trying to follow you around w/ an embedded script. (yuk)
- #Hashtags for TV shows work. @signs and #Hashtags work even better. Simplest way to get things going is to just respond to random questions & comments. Although, do beware there are sometimes when you may receive some really wacko comments back-sometimes a bit bizarre. But comes with the territory.
- While watching the shows the second time around, I noticed a lot more flash-backs and flash-forwards. I never really noticed that many of them before, For some reason I thought things were in the present most of the time and I was just “Lost”.
- Here’s a few things I learned about the show that I never knew. I either read them on twitter, the LA times or somewhere on Bing news. I don’t know if they are all true, but I suspect they are. If you have any to add, just put em’ in the comments section at the bottom of the blog. 1. When Walt Kills people he takes on certain personality traits of that person. Gus used to fold a towel, put it under his knees, then throw up. Walt does this exact same thing when his cancer comes back and he needs to throw up. Walt used to drink Crown Royal, then after Hank dies, During the Finale, He orders up the same kind of whiskey that Hank used to drink-Dimple Pinch 2. All the way up until the last season, EVERYONE uses a flip-phone. Where are all the iPhones? And I still love when Saul gives Jessie a phone and he says “Seriously, Hello Kitty!” He gets one of the first smart phones of anyone on any shows and it’s covered with a Hello Kitty cover-too funny.
- Sklyer sure wears a lot of blue. Jessie wears a Steve Aoki T in one episode and a Metal Mulisha T in another episode. His other erratic patterned shirts are hard to tell the brand. And you may have also noticed, he is usually wearing one of his MANY various hoodies. And they are always too big and never fit him very well. But he does own a lot of them. Some plain and some with various patterns and designs. His tattoo on his hand is the same tattoo that I have on my left arm. It was the first tattoo I ever got.. way back in 1988 or 1989-Only difference is mine has a green skull in the circle area, Jessie’s is just like the flash from the wall of the tat shop. Bryan Cranston actually has a REAL Breaking Bad Tattoo (BR) on his ring finger. When characters on the show are supposed to be smoking Ice, they are really smoking Sugar or Blue Rock Candy-But usually they don’t inhale it. If they inhale, it’s typically tobacco.
- Some of my favorite lines include: I am the Danger! Things have gone Nuclear! You can understand my complete lack of chill. Walt..Walt..You need to deal with this..He tried to burn our house down! Mr. White? ..He’s the Devil. We’ve come this far for us .. What’s one more? and of course like I mentioned earlier..Seriously Hello Kitty?
The Finale, Well by the time I got to it, I was only awake via adrenalin and all I was in the mood for was Scarface type blood, guts, guns, explosions and fireworks. So, it was a bit slow for me. I did watch it a few days later and ..yeah, I gotta’ agree with most other posts about the finale..It was pretty well done and they did answer practically all the loose ends.
All in all, it was quite a cultural experience to watch the same show for so many days then the finale. The first time I’ve ever done something like this. Not sure if it will be the last. Depends on the show. I followed this show since the first season, so figured I should try the marathon thing. Other shows, Who knows? If I do I will for sure buy more food prior to it. One day I bought fried chicken because it matched the show and I ate almost all 8 pieces. I realized I hadn’t eaten for the last 17 hours. Not good.
Ultra Chic Classic Line of the Breaking Bad Finale: If We’re going to go that way. You’ll need a Bigger Knife.
Best Line of the Breaking Bad Finale: I did it for me, I liked it. I was good at it. And I was Alive.
“Bling” on the 2012 Olympic Games!
Aly Raisman’s Stunning Ruby, Saphire and Diamond Earrings
As you may have seen, Gabrielle Douglas, Alexandra Raisman, Jordyn Wieber, McKayla Maroney and Kyla Ross won the first team Women’s gymnastics Gold Medal since 1996. And they did it by winning by an amazing 5.066 points, with the final floor exercise performed by #icebath queen Aly Raisman. Congratulations to the Golden Girls or as the media’s been calling them-“The Fab Five”.
Continuing on streetzblog’s passion for fashion and accessories at this year’s Olympic games tonight we’re going to find some of the Bling being seen around the games. I bet you’ve noticed Aly’s special earrings! They sure do POP on the TV screen! And from a bit of research and a really nice note from Anny from imageunlimted-philly.com we at streetzblog.com found out where you can get your own pair of these custom gems. Aly wears customized round, stud earrings from the award-winning Adamas Fine Jewelry in Newton, Massachusetts.
Veronica Sagherian-Owner of Adamas Fine Jewelry says “Aly’s family has been a client of ours for a while and in support of her accomplishments we wanted to create something that fits her style in the Olympic Games. We hope that this is a piece she will wear forever”. I personally have to agree, I’ve noticed her attractive earrings since the first night of the competition. I guess my TV is getting a bit old, because I couldn’t quite see all the colors in them. But Now I know why they look so powerful and exquisite-they were made to match the U.S.A’s colors with Ruby (Red), Sapphire (Blue) and Diamonds (White-well kind of, I’d rather have diamond studs then opaque white, wouldn’t you?)
Aly’s earrings are ruby, sapphire and diamonds representing the colors of team U.S.A and if you’re in the Massachusetts area, you can get your own customized pair by just stopping by Adamas Fine Jewelry located on 23 Lincoln St. Newton, MA 02461 *I’ve been looking for a custom diamond earring in the NYC Yankees design as seen in the beginning of HowToMakeItInAmerica Season 2 for a while now, maybe I’ll give them a call and see if they can make some of them-Maybe I’ll add a bit of a black gem with the sparkly diamonds!.
Ryan Lochte’s Custom-Made American flag dental Grillz
Since I had to have my left front tooth pulled a few weeks ago, I’ve been very jealous of people with all their teeth. And one day at the dentist’s office my dentist tipped my off to Ryan’s older diamond grillz and joked about getting me one of those instead of a new tooth. I told him it would be cool with me, but then I found out the price and said “oh, that’s ok, we can stick to the tooth”. The picture below is the grill my dentist was referring to, it’s Ryan’s grill from 2009.
Well Ryan has a brand new grill just for the 2012 Summer Olympics and it didn’t come cheap either. The New York Times has heard that it may have been around $25,000!!! And check this out his grill is all diamonds in the shapes of Stars and Stripes and it was designed with the help of rapper Paul Wall and Houston Jeweler-Johnny Dang. I bet Lochte helped with the design too, since the other day I heard he wants to pursue a career as a fashion designer. Which makes sense since he helped to design these bright green custom kicks: (On TV, I noticed that on the bottoms one side says Ryan and the other side says Lochte, so when he walks on his deck, you can see his name spelled out; especially when it rains!)
Olympic Beach Volleyball Player Kerri Walsh’s Golden necklace
And the last Olympic fashion piece we’ll look at for tonight is Kerri’s necklace. I’ve seen her wear it during the last 3 games and I notice that it’s pretty dear to her heart. She sometimes kisses it for luck? and you can also see her make sure it’s still there by putting it under her shirt for safe keeping. I don’t know all the details on this golden circle. But in Thursday’s Honolulu Star Advertiser, I noticed Elle Couture Jewellers has dime and nickel sized 18 Karat gold medals for sale. You can purchase them with your initial, peace signs, hearts and crosses all in diamonds. These “Disc Pendants” designed by Roberto Coin start at $620 and can be purchased at Elle Couture Jewellers, 909 Kapiolani Blvd. in Hawaii or by calling (808) 591-8080
Have a great weekend, time for me to turn on the DVR and watch some more 2012 Summer Olympics from London, England. I keep wondering why I didn’t go to these? London is such a fun place to be even without the fun and games of the Olympic games, fashions, kicks and pageantry. Oh well, next time. Talk to you soon or see you on the streetz. Saturday I’ll be out at Aloha Stadium and later that day at T-Mobile Kunia, then Clark Hatch and after that Open Space Yoga. On Sunday..who know’s..maybe the beach or the Basketball court. Or hopefully shopping for gold and diamonds..LOL
Cool Tunes, Not sure about the fashions
Tunes and Fashions from the 2012 Summer Olympics OpeningCeremony!
Summer Olympics 2012 Opening Ceremony
Before the Opening Ceremony started they traversed through the sky and showed the England’s countryside. And low and behold one of the Songs they played a snippet of was “God Save the Queen” by the Sex Pistols. As the English would say that was pretty “Cheeky”. And I’d call it pretty “daring” since it’s not the nicest song to play with the real Queen in attendance. But pretty funny! And really no big deal since it’s gotta’ be 25-30 years old. Punk music is actually pretty old!
Then there was some pretty cool greenery in the stadium that transformed to an industrial aged city complete with the molding and fusing of one big golden O, then the other four O’s attached through the sky to form the Olympic logo-pretty awesome stuff! So far everything is pretty cool, although the music isn’t as hip as I had hoped, but hopefully that will come later.
Next up Daniel Craig/James Bond met the Queen of England and they walked through red carpeting with some dogs to a helicopter. It flew through the sky from Buckingham Palace Passed Big Ben, the giant Ferris Wheel. And arrived at the venue, where James Bond and I guess the Queen? Jumped out of the helicopter into the fluorescent blue stadium while the James Bond themed played. I don’t know though, her dress looked pretty red when she flew down, but then looked pinkish orange. So, not sure if she really flew through the sky. But it was still pretty cool.
Where’s Pippa? One of the most sought after bachelorette’s on the planet? I did see the two married chaps (Prince William and Princess Kate), but they didn’t look very happy. Actually they looked a bit too cool for school to me. Although, they probably take thier lead from the Queen who looked pretty stoic herself.
Next up, we got to see Mike Oldfield play bass to some slow then swanky song called “Tubular Bells”. This is when I got bored and thought about turning it off. But I’m still waiting for Mr. Bean and some ultra bangin beats to appear!
The real JK Rowling-the author of the Harry Potter series read a bit of a children’s book.. Then it was fun again with a giant 100-foot puppet of Lord Valdermort. Then a ton of Mary Poppins flew in to take on the giant Lord. And of course Mary P won the “fight”. The lights are bright, the stage aglow but Where are the Ravers? I do however dig the reddish orange, Cobalt blue and dark blue hue and lights in the stadium.
Next up a live rendition of “Chariots of Fire”, that started off looking a bit boring. (I’m really not a fan at all of classical type music). But then Mr. Bean busted out his piano and goofed on his iPhone, He then joked around a bit more, which was pretty funny as he dreamed of running in the a Chariots of Fire movie. He was losing pretty badly, but then got in a car and made it to the front..Where he barely won the race. Now that was pretty awesome!
Next up the digital age, this was a bit goofy with some fake looking goody-goody teens running around. But the music picked up a bit with some ska, The Who’s “My Generation”, “Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones (Meredith Vierra started to sing to this-ugh), The Kinks, the Beatles, Led Zep, Madness, David Bowie, Queen which played for a while and was pretty spectacular, then the Sex Pistols which Meredith and Matt cut off (ugh) and New Order, Frankie goes to Hollywood with “Relax”, “Sweet Dreams” by Annie Lenox, then OMG finally Keith Flint and the Prodigy did “Firestarter” and Underworld kicked in with Born Slippy-oh finally the good stuff!!! I rewound my dvr to watch the Prodigy and Underworld a second time. And it was funny when Matt Lauer said “whoah” whenFirestarter kicked in with the first beat and glowing Orange blast..hehe. Then rapper Dizzy Rascal came on with some LIVE jams with a mean beat grazing behind him. Next up, some Amy Winehouse and that rock song I don’t really like, Next some Hip Hop mini mix, and some low-key jungle-Then Out.
Next up, David Beckham blazed in on a speedboat dressed in a nice black tux with fireworks and a light spectacle all around him.
*Danny Boyle who did trainspotting and slum dog millionaire was the creative director of the ceremony and the person that put the whole event on. I’d say “Well Done, got the British vybe, some great tunes and that sure looked like a TON of work to Coordinate and build the whole thng!”
Next up the athletes came in during the “Parade of Champions” this is where we can observe the fashions of the teams with a bit of help from the New York Times: BTW: after the parade the Arctic Monkey’s played Beatles songs and Paul McCartney played 1.5 Beatles tunes including “Hey Jude”. But I’m not a big Beatles fan, so I didn’t watch-I read it on the Internet as you are doing now.
Team Fashion info:
Bermuda: Blue Suit Jackets and ties with Bright red “Bermuda” shorts and Skirts.
Italy: Giorgio Armani Designed Monochromatic suits and striped ties. BTW: The Italian sailing team is rumored to have some pretty nifty Prada gear that they will be wearing later this week!
Canada: Baggy Chinos and red track jackets-Didn’t quite match very well, was actually pretty off. I’d call it a bad take on 80’s prepster High School duds.
Denmark: More Chinos and untucked white shirts. I kinda liked this look, but would have exchanged the chinos for skinny jeans or black suit pants.
Cameroon: Bright Orange, Yellow and black robes and matching hats.
Cayman Islands: they had some pretty happening fluorescent green ties. But their blue jackets with the white piping were kind of’ ugly and too tight-did not fit most.
Brazilians: Lemon and Lime pants.
Oh Man-I didn’t know this went on so long, Not sure If I’ll get to everyone. But we’ll try and hopefully we’ll see some crisper clothes than all these ill-fitting camel brownish chinos. Must have had a sale at the 1980/90’s Gap store. Before designers produced pants that actually fit and look more tailored.
Guyana: Bright Yellow suits-extremely BRIGHT!
Hungary: Nope not going to wear that stuff. Yuk. Not even if you tell me a famous designer made the get-ups. Just plain ugly.
India: some very bright yellow dresses, turbans and scarves. Bright Yellow seems to be a big color this Summer
Netherlands: Had their duds designed by suitsupply with the women in Orange trench coats and the men in cobalt blue trenches and the men had bright orange pants. I dig the colors of the Netherlands – pretty sure that area is better known as Amsterdam.
Jamaica: Really cool militaristic jackets and probably the brightest yellow pants of the night! *I want one of the jackets; I’d wear it with the boots from the Czech Republic
China: If I liked the color red, I’d get me one of those nice red jackets with the subtle trim. (I heard the Pet Shop Boys in the background during their walk in the parade)
Czech Republic: Really nice sleek and pearlescent Rubber boots (Wellies) with matching umbrellas. These boots were one of the best fashion accessories of the night! I would for sure get a pair of them.
Cyprus: White, Orange and blue track suits, too casual for my taste. Looked like what they would where for the events.
France: White pants, dark blue suit jackets and red ties. While the Americans looked a bit French with their berets, the French looked almost American in red, white and blue..LOL
Israel: More white pants. Bright blue jackets and white shoes.
Fiji: They played the Bee Gees, I guess because it rhymes. Funny clothes. Black and White swirled jackets and white pants. Oh there’s those white pants again. LOL again.
Germany: the Women had on bright Pink Jackets and the guys had on bright light blue jackets. Both made out of some sort of plastic. Although, I did like their fedora hats.
South Korea: More white trousers. Nice white fedoras and ok looking blue suite jackets and ties.
Latvia: White pants and red jackets
Liechtenstein: The only ones I’ve seen in Jeans all night and faded jeans at that.
Monaco: Tailored skinny suits, pretty hip and happening.
Moldova: Even more white pants, this time with blue jackets.
Nauru: More ill fitting badly colored khakis.
Palau: Khaki brown pants, this time with maroonish red jackets.
Portugal: Light brown khakis, very brightly colored scarves with their country printed on them.
Puerto Rico: White pants, white hats, white shirts accented with black ties and black pocket squares. Pretty retro-chic. Nice choice, I just would have had them in black pants, not the ubiquous white.
Senegal: Bright Yellow dresses for the ladies and the same colored robes for the men.
Slovenia: Bright blue and green shirts, grey suits and since I’m a shoe guy, I need to mention they had on matching bright blue and bright green kicks on too!
Spain: Some guy had on a pink wig.
Sweden: Yellow blue white striped long sleeved RUGBY shirts. Was different that’s for sure. We used to wear Rugby shirts back in 1982. They attempted resurgence a few years ago, but never quite as big as they were in the 80’s and for sure not a 2012 style. Maybe if you’re a boat shoe type of dude.
OK, I’ve had enough of this after the rugby shirts and I gotta’ work Saturday morning. Where the Frik is England and London! Or as they like to call them-Great Britain. Oh Good they are playing U2’s “Beautiful Day” that will help me get to the end of the parade. I like that song!
America: Ralph Lauren designed Blazers and the controversial because “they make no sense at all” French BERETS! I totally do not get this at all. I sure won’t be sporting that look anytime soon. And get this! Guess what color pants-WHITE! Although the button down white shirts had Nice, Crisp Rounded Collars on them. And wait what’s going on? They ALL have smart phones and are spinning around in circles taking pictures and videos. That’s the only team I saw doing this all night and Almost ALL of them were doing it. Interesting eh?
Great Britain: White Jackets with Gold aluminum foiled looking accents made by retail chain “Next”. The backs of the jackets were actually pretty happening-the gold foil worked on there. And they had White shorts. Supposedly these designs were kept secret until today. Not sure why, doesn’t seem like I would have stolen any of their design ideas. Maybe the back design? But Hey the Queen almost smiled and Kate did smile! And they played David Bowie’s “Heroes” which was pretty awesome. *And after they finally played the “Chemical Brothers”. YAH!
Ok, I suspect this is the longest blog I’ve ever written. I guess I had Too much caffeine and exercise today. And it was pretty fun to write about the white pants, khaki pants, bright yellow, bright blue clothes and of course all the fun tunes they played all night that typically don’t get played at things like this.
See you Saturday at the KCCNFM100 #lastbash at the Waikiki Shell.
At least you don’t get kicked in the Head!
Survivor TV Show Try-Outs and The “Chuck Norris” Shot
Yesterday I was at the Survivor TV show Try-Outs at Wet n Wild Hawaii. It was pretty fun, I couldn’t tell you exactly how man people tried out, but at least a couple hundred. The best one was this lady who first said she was kinda’ hippyish which was a bit far from what was next to come. First, she had on a T-shirt that said something like “Don’t let your Boyfriend look here, or I may steal them”, then she talked a bit more than busted out a HUGE machete and swung it through the air as if she was blazing a trail on some deserted island. Then to top it off, she said that at her real job …she “harvested” organs. Which meant if you have the “organ Donor” insignia on your license, she was the person that took the goodies out of you and could do it in less than 20 minutes. She’s probably a shoe-in for one of the contestants on an upcoming show.
Now for the Chuck Norris Shot-Photo Courtesy of streetzblog correspondent Erik Knox-Shot Ingredients and Directions courtesy of Nefi Martinez.
Now back to the title of the blog, when I was at the try-outs, my co-worker-Nefi who hits the clubs at least 2-3 times a week told me about this crazy shot called the ‘Chuck Norris’. It was so insane, I figured if you haven’t heard of it, now’s the time to get the 411. As you will see, I suspect it’s something you would probably only do once or twice a year, sounds pretty frickin’ brutal to me!
Ingredients and Instructions for the “Chuck Norris” as described by Nefi in Honolulu, Hawaii, June 16, 2012.
Ingredients: Coarse Sea Salt similar to what you would put around a Margarita Glass, a Credit Card, 2 x fresh cool juicy lime slices, 2 shot glasses filled to the brim with Ice Cold Patron Silver Tequila, and a Hot waitress.
Instructions: (Here goes, it’s probably not what you think!)
Pour the Coarse Sea Salt on the table, take credit card and form the salt into a straight line about an 1/8th of an inch think and 3 inches long.
Inhale the salt through your nose-shake face or scream; whatever happens-happens at this point.
Take the two fresh, cool, succulent lime slices and squeeze lime #1 into eye number one then take lime #2 and squeeze into eye number two. Squint, cry or whatever at this point.
Slam down shot number one, then shot number two of the ice-cold Patron Silver Tequila. Whew-Finally the drink and guess what? the torture..I mean the Chuck Norris experience isn’t done yet!
Get slapped in the face by the HOT waitress. Yep, not Joking.
Hope your hangover isn’t as bad as this drinking experience. At least you didn’t get kicked in the head!
Disclaimer: Streetzblog doesn’t encourage this behavior and for sure we will not be held responsible if it hurts, stings, burns or gets you messed up. It’s just something crazy that we heard on the streetz and think it’s worth writing about.
Let us know if you’ve ever heard of this? Done it? Or have another fun celebrity drink recipe for our readers?
Or if you try it after you read this, LMK how it went? Have a nice week. Happy Father’s Day!