Breaking Bad to the Bone
No Sleep Til’ the Finale
Things I learned during 5 Day TV Marathon
I spent Wednesday Thru Sunday During a week in September/October 2013 watching the Breaking Bad Marathon. I stayed awake from 7:00 p.m-2:20 a.m on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday Evening. By the time the BB finale came on Sunday night at 6:00 p.m, I was barely awake, living off fumes of adrenalin. It was quite and experience. Here are some of the things I learned:
- Even though I’ve had a day job for 25 years, I still totally enjoy and being awake during the night. The crisp cool breeze, the dark skies, even the peacefulness of the air around me. As the song goes, I like the Night-Life. And sleeping during the day.
- It’s fun to watch TV with strangers on both Twitter and GetGlue. I especially enjoyed Twitter and the many nice people I met, they not only talked about the show, but where they lived, what they did for a living and if and when they came to Hawaii. It was quite fun. GetGlue was great for earning stickers, I made off with 9 over the 5 day time period and GetGlue is also a great place to find answers to questions about the show and the characters without using Google and getting some sketchy site answering the question, but trying to follow you around w/ an embedded script. (yuk)
- #Hashtags for TV shows work. @signs and #Hashtags work even better. Simplest way to get things going is to just respond to random questions & comments. Although, do beware there are sometimes when you may receive some really wacko comments back-sometimes a bit bizarre. But comes with the territory.
- While watching the shows the second time around, I noticed a lot more flash-backs and flash-forwards. I never really noticed that many of them before, For some reason I thought things were in the present most of the time and I was just “Lost”.
- Here’s a few things I learned about the show that I never knew. I either read them on twitter, the LA times or somewhere on Bing news. I don’t know if they are all true, but I suspect they are. If you have any to add, just put em’ in the comments section at the bottom of the blog. 1. When Walt Kills people he takes on certain personality traits of that person. Gus used to fold a towel, put it under his knees, then throw up. Walt does this exact same thing when his cancer comes back and he needs to throw up. Walt used to drink Crown Royal, then after Hank dies, During the Finale, He orders up the same kind of whiskey that Hank used to drink-Dimple Pinch 2. All the way up until the last season, EVERYONE uses a flip-phone. Where are all the iPhones? And I still love when Saul gives Jessie a phone and he says “Seriously, Hello Kitty!” He gets one of the first smart phones of anyone on any shows and it’s covered with a Hello Kitty cover-too funny.
- Sklyer sure wears a lot of blue. Jessie wears a Steve Aoki T in one episode and a Metal Mulisha T in another episode. His other erratic patterned shirts are hard to tell the brand. And you may have also noticed, he is usually wearing one of his MANY various hoodies. And they are always too big and never fit him very well. But he does own a lot of them. Some plain and some with various patterns and designs. His tattoo on his hand is the same tattoo that I have on my left arm. It was the first tattoo I ever got.. way back in 1988 or 1989-Only difference is mine has a green skull in the circle area, Jessie’s is just like the flash from the wall of the tat shop. Bryan Cranston actually has a REAL Breaking Bad Tattoo (BR) on his ring finger. When characters on the show are supposed to be smoking Ice, they are really smoking Sugar or Blue Rock Candy-But usually they don’t inhale it. If they inhale, it’s typically tobacco.
- Some of my favorite lines include: I am the Danger! Things have gone Nuclear! You can understand my complete lack of chill. Walt..Walt..You need to deal with this..He tried to burn our house down! Mr. White? ..He’s the Devil. We’ve come this far for us .. What’s one more? and of course like I mentioned earlier..Seriously Hello Kitty?
The Finale, Well by the time I got to it, I was only awake via adrenalin and all I was in the mood for was Scarface type blood, guts, guns, explosions and fireworks. So, it was a bit slow for me. I did watch it a few days later and ..yeah, I gotta’ agree with most other posts about the finale..It was pretty well done and they did answer practically all the loose ends.
All in all, it was quite a cultural experience to watch the same show for so many days then the finale. The first time I’ve ever done something like this. Not sure if it will be the last. Depends on the show. I followed this show since the first season, so figured I should try the marathon thing. Other shows, Who knows? If I do I will for sure buy more food prior to it. One day I bought fried chicken because it matched the show and I ate almost all 8 pieces. I realized I hadn’t eaten for the last 17 hours. Not good.
Ultra Chic Classic Line of the Breaking Bad Finale: If We’re going to go that way. You’ll need a Bigger Knife.
Best Line of the Breaking Bad Finale: I did it for me, I liked it. I was good at it. And I was Alive.
Posted on October 6, 2013, in Cool, TV Shows and tagged AMC, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad Finale, Breaking Bad Marathon, Clasic lines in Breaking Bad, Fun at Night, Hank, I like the Night-Life, Jessie, Traits of the dead, TV shows, Walter White, Whisky. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.