Category Archives: Trend
Really? or Really!
Authentiqute by eBay brings us a candle made to smell like brand new Kicks. Is this a really! or a really? Depends on who you are. Sounds like a 1994 Radio stunt done with candles. But they are serious and have really made this candle to smell like some brand new sneakers. And are selling it.
This is Really! or Really? what they have done! Here is what Authentique mentions their candle smells like:
- Warm Pebbled Leather
- EVA Foam
- Cotton Blossom
And just like the Hottest sneakers, the candle if of course very limited. Unlike the newest J’s, it’s pretty inexpensive at $25. But probably already re-selling for $100+ What do you think of this? A must purchase or a Did they really do this? I guess if you were doing a Hypebeast themed party, it would be a fun scent to burn. A new car or new pair of kicks do smell good. But a room filled with glue and foam..Hmmmm I’m 50/50 on this one. And will just do Nag Champa for now. I could use the $25 for some food.
I suspect they are all sold out, but if you want to see the site where they are or were for sale, here is the link And below is the promo video:
After reading and writing about this, I’m headed to the basketball court to donate another pair of kicks for those in need. Will be dropping off a pair of triple carbon worn once Adidas Boosts. Crawford Park 2/15/21 2:00pm.
What else could we make a candle smell like:
- A new car-Obvious and a choice similar to this scent
- Fresh Snow or Rain-Rain I’ve seen. Snow could be a fun one. Or maybe Mountain Climbing.
- Bloomingdale’s-Ahh to bring back the air-conditioned air of crisp, clean clothes and shopping IRL
- Nag Champa-but you can just get some incense to do this
- The Bodega-Salami, Pastrami, Chopped Cheese with a touch of coffee, infused with essence of the carrot juice
- The Big Black Magic Markers of the 1970’s. Good way to get everyone high at your next party. Those markers were Potent!
- Chanel Nail Polish-similar to the Big Black Magic marker, but more luxurious
- Little Italy NYC-Pizza, Pasta, and the sweet scent of the Cannoli filling with a touch of powdered sugar
For some the scent of a crisp, clean pair of kicks is a wondrous moment for others more of a WTF instance. Either way, I bet this candle is Sold-Out by the time you read this blog post.
Promotional Idea: Have your readers/listeners/follower give you 5 of their favorite ingredients they would like to see in a fragrant candle. Then choose the most delicious or most creative. And have 100 of them made. Give the winner a couple and sell the rest on your website in the Limited Edition 1-100. Makes for a fun promo and a couple extra bucks in your pocket.
What do you think of the Sneaker candle? What Scent would you like to see made into a candle? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Gucci Fake Not Collection
#RealFake #FakeReal is one of my favorite subjects to blog about. This time around its Gucci doing their version on the Real Fake World of fashion. They have a fake Gucci logo with the duo colored stripe as seen in the 80’s. But that’s not the highlight as far as I can see. Its the Blatant, Bold wording on the bags and clothing that is the fun in this collection.
Side one has the word FAKE and on the other Side is the word NOT. Garments, T’s, Windbreakers have it too. But of course, it’s the Bags that everyone wants. I for sure would have tons of fun slinging one of these #RealNotFake bags around town. For now, here is the link to the goods. Might sell out quick, so hurry if you want some Fake Nots. Here’s a few pix from the Gucci Fake Not Collection:
And here’s some #Realfake bags I picked up on the NYC mid-town streetz in December 2019. I’ve been meaning to spray paint them with Flo orange and Flo pink, haven’t gotten around to it yet. But I did spray paint my wall a bit. Probably wasn’t my best moment during Covid-2020. But, I guess that’s just how we roll sometimes.
If you want to see more on the Real fake world check out some additional blog posts about this theme:
See you on the Holiday Street…blog!
2020 Halloween. Strange and Stranger Things. Quarantine. Binge Watching, Lockdown. The Tiger King. Amazon. Work from Home. Buy from your Bed. TikTok.
It will be different this year. Try your best to have some fun. Not too much happening this year. But we still have our yearly list of Top Trend/Pop Culture costumes for the year.
The Top 60 Halloween Costumes for this year-#pop culture/#Trend/#Year 2020
Top Costumes for 2020 are:
- Baby Yoda from the Mandalorian
- Amazon Box
- Tiger King’s Joe Exotic. AKA: Maldonado Passage AKA: Joseph Schreibuogal
- White Claw Seltzer Can
- Harley Quinn: Been there done that, but you can never have enough Harley Quinn’s and Scary Clowns on Halloween
- Postal Worker
- Billie Eilish
- Hand Sanitizer
- Vaccine Needle
- Tiger King’s Carole Baskin. Tie-dye shirt and good to go
- Black Panther
- Eddie Van Halen or group it adding in David Lee Roth and the other guys in the band
- Emily in Paris-Think Plaid and Red Beret. Or short skirt and colorful everything else with matching purse … of course.
- Doctor or Nurse
- Naomi Osaka-She always wears her mask. So great timing.
- Schitts Creek Moira Rose
- David Rose from Schitts Creek
- Dr. Fauci
- Clorox Wipe
- Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich
- Megan Fox + Machine Gun Kelly
- Arianna Grande + Lady Gaga ala the “Rain on Me” video
- Finn from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Luke Skywalker
- The Addams Family
- Fleetwood Mac
- Cranberry Juice
- The skate boarding man with the cranberry juice listening to Fleetwood Mac
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg-Just need a black wig, black glasses and black cloak
- Nurse Ratched-Play the part too, Evil
- Kobe Bryant
- Team Clueless-Turned 25 this year
- Hippy-The age of Aquarius is 2021
- Demogorgon from Stranger Things
- The Mandalorian
- Borat with the bright green monokini-I dare you to wear this. LOL
- A Murder Hornet
- Blackpink, BTS, Monsta X group costumes
- The Masked Singer
- Cardi B-WAP
- Michael Jordan-The Last Dance…Yep that was this year!
- The Gal Pals from Hocus Pocus-Been seeing them show up a lot on my TV lately this year (October 2020)
- Starlight and the Seven from The Boys TV show
- Zoom Call Group Costume
- Sister Night from the Watchmen
- Mike Pence with Giant Fly in Hair
- I guess you could be Trump or Biden
- Jesse-with or without the kids and the butler
- The Los Angeles Lakers-2020 Champions
- Door Dash, Uber, Lyft Driver
- Baby Sharks
- TikTok Star
- Work from Home group costume
- Your Co-workers. Cats, Dogs, Family members, Plants, Food, Drinks, computer
- The Four Seasons Group Costume-Spring, Summer, Winter + Fall
- Freddie Kreuger or Jason
Anything Nostalgia/Safe/Retro/Happy Like:
- Back to the Future’s Marty McFly and Doc Brown
- Mr Rogers-Red Cardigan and some low key low-top converse kicks
- Bob Ross-Big Wig, paint with brush and maybe an easel
- The Happy Days Posse The Fonz, Richie, Joanie & Chachi
- The Golden Girls
- Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch
- Backstreet Boys or Nsync
- Classic Disney Characters
- Popeye + Olive Oyl
- The Wizard of Oz. Dorothy, The Tin Man, Scarecrow, The Lion, The Good and even the Bad witch. If you’ve ever seen Wicked, there’s a big surprise near the end of it regarding the Bad Witch. So, I would include her in the group.
Check out the difference a couple years make, see the Top Halloween Costumes of 2018 here on the Streetzblog.
What will you wear this year? Is there a costume we missed for the 2020 list? Let us know in the comments section. Have a Happy Halloween!
Travis Scott x McDonald’s Collab
Lit or Pretty standard. It’s Selling Pretty Furious Fast. And anything with Travis Scott or Cactus Jack on it will sell Easy-Peasy-Parcheesy
The Travis Scott McDonald’s Meal released today. Yes pun intended. On 9/8/20 the Travis Scott meal was released to the General Public. Lines were long and the meal is selling quickly. They say it will be available for a month, I’d say its gone in less than 14 days. The Lobster roll lasted in Hawaii for about 10 days then it was gone, not to return.
The Travis Scott Meal is a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Onions, Pickles, Mustard + Ketchup with Medium Fries, a BBQ dipping Sauce and a Sprite with Ice. Supposed to be $6, but most likely more in Alaska, Hawaii, NYC($7) and some other pertinent places across the world. And it does not include a Toy. But you can buy the merch here
Travis Scott x McDonald’s Collab Merch
Wow! There is a TON of Merch for this Collab. Including 24 T-Shirts!! Hoodies, and Hats. You can get Denim or Boxer shorts or many variations of pants including Work-Wear, Denim and Sweatpants! Plus, a Beanie, Rug, Patch, Basketball, Tie & Socks.
I like the Vintage metal Lunch Box…complete with Thermos, the tie-dye shirts, Lunch Tray, Styrofoam Cups, Basketball Jersey and basketball Shorts!
Then there’s the Life Sized cut out of Travis and a pretty Sketchy realistic lookin’ McNugget pillow! The pillow must be made for a McLovin’ super fans.
And Cactus Jack Styrofoam cups, Uhm, McDonald’s doesn’t seem like one to promote “Drank” but the styro cups are available at the Merch Store The cups even come in party ready packs of 10! Maybe it’s the transparent world we live in 2020 that makes it acceptable? Or maybe they may not know? Or they are awaiting someone like me to type about it, to get publicity then take it off the website. Not sure if you remember but many years ago McDonald’s gave away stirs that were supposed to be for Coffee. But people used to snort coke. That was probably 30 years ago. And they received a lot of publicity from those stir sticks before they were pulled from the franchises.
The Cactus Jack Styrofoam “Purple Syrup” Cups will be the first item to SELL-OUT and if they do pull them from the site, the best item to resell on Ebay. I would also try and and get your hands on one of the Tie-Dye shirts, the Basketball jersey or the Vintage metal lunchbox with THERMOS! Those will all re sell highest of the High
If you read Streetzblog, you know we like Jordan. That was the last time we saw a Celebrity Quarter Pounder. No celebrity has had their name on a McDonald’s meal since the McJORDAN back in 1992. It was a quarter pounder with cheese, with bacon, onions, pickles, Tomato, mustard (No lettuce) and BBQ sauce for the burger. Price $1.99. And they sold collectable cups of your favorite NBA players. Fun Fact: A Bottle of real and rare McJORDAN BBQ sauce sold on Ebay for $9,995!!!
Batman also had a burger. It came with some delicious looking cheesy fries ad a very Hip commercial
We leave you with a couple of Travis Scott Tunes. I always want to call this one Highest of the High, not sure why? I do have this shirt and like the nice man at SNKRFLEA on Broadway said: It will continue to go up in price and it has. Got it for $80. It’s now $160 on a Japenese website I was on last week (Week of 8/31/20)
And the Tenet Trailer featuring Travis Scott’s The Plan
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Gotcha’ Covered with the Krispy Kreme Face Shield
Easy to Make n’ Take Face Shield
All you need is some Scissors, Scotch tape, a nice big empty box and about 5 minutes and Krispy Kreme has you covered. Now all we need is a Krispy Kreme on Oahu! I’m sure a nice big Entenmann’s box would work well too, for all you Chi-Town residents. Or even a Dunkin’ Donuts box. I’m thinking you may get a bit of a donut head-ache from the remnant smell. But if you need a Face Shield Quick and Easy, this is how you do it.
Krispy Kreme’s gone pretty big time viral on this vid. Check it out, if you’re interested in an easy to make Face Shield in July 2020.
The Streetzblog Annual HOT list for NYC Shopping (As of 12.22.19)
As usual, this year was a whirlwind. Stayed up most nights till 4am. Slept till Noon or 2pm. Then headed back out on the town. Some of the list is similar to past years and some are new for December 2019. Been listing the HOT list almost every year since 2011. Check some of the older posts to see additional shopping tips, trends and things to do.
The 2019 Lit List
- Barneys: Madison Ave and 60th St. Uptown, NY. This was part sad and part awesome. If yo get a chance go to either the uptown or the downtown Barney’s. They are going out of business and prices drop daily. The day I was there it was 35% off everything with an additional 20% off taken at the register. Scored a pair of 424 Black and Orange Kicks and a pair of pretty expensive pants form Ovadia & Sons. Saw a guy get a $1,500 bomber jacket for $166. I was looking at it, but didn’t price check it, so if you go, ask them the price. *Sacks 5th will now tend to the Barney’s leftovers.
- Urban Necessities: Broadway and Houston Soho, NY. @twojskicks I see this place on my IG almost everyday in Hawaii, always looks like they are having fun and wearing awesome kicks, so needed to check it out. If you’ve seen any street wear or kicks on the internet or IRL, stop by this place and they are bound to have it. Tons of Yeezy Boosts, Rare Air and Jordan 1’s. With lots of fresh clothes from the likes of Travis Scott and Off-White. I asked for a certain Travis Scott T and within minutes they had my size in my hands. Great pricing too. It usually runs $130-$150. Got it for a flat $100 bucks with no tax. Pro Tip: If you buy clothes in NY, anything under $200 is not taxed. They do this to support the Fashion Industry. Make sure you get the deal on Clothes, it is available to everyone. Under $200 no tax, serious.
- 375 Showroom Sample Sale: 36 Ludlow down the street from Katz Deli. @375Showroom This is the real deal. Off-White, Heron Preston, 424, and Anti Social Social Club. They have it all. And many products brand new in the bag. Prices were around 60% off retail with some even better deals to be found. Quality of goods-A+. Not sure how long the store will be around, if it is, go there. If not, check 375 showroom on IG and make an appointment. They have the goods! My score was a ASSC Orange lettering on Black hoodie. I should of bought ALL my Christmas presents at this Sample Sale!
- SNKRFLEA: Broadway between Grand and Howard, near Canal Street Soho, NY. @SNKRFLEA Streetwear store with really nice folks running the shop. Hung out here for about an hour. The 2 owners/employees are super cool and know their stuff. Travis Scott, Off-White clothes and kicks. Reasonably priced. They had some Travis Scott Kicks at about $600. Same kicks you can see going for $1200 other places. Cool people, stop by and say Streetzblog sent ya.
- Cafe Grumpy: 89 42nd Street on Lexington Midtown, NY. Near/At Grand Central Station. Some of the best tasting coffee in the nation. Each time I went here, the coffee had a big full bodied flavor. Hard to explain, but it wasn’t watery, was always full and tasty. Get there early if you want their specialty of 2019-the Turmeric Coffee. They also have some cool merch & Matcha, Peach Nectar and Strawberry Lush. My favorite part of this place is they let you order however you like and they filled my expresso up to the top with Oat Milk. A streetzblog recommend with 5 stars!
- Canal Street Market: 265 Canal St. Canal Street off Broadway, Chinatown, near Soho, NY. Clothes + Jewels Pop-Up and food emporium. Some nice vintage clothing and jewelry options, interesting food and bubble tea, festive wi-fi/socializing area and free + clean bathrooms. And I had the best tasting coffee ever. It was a Maple Salted Latte. Was the best coffee I’ve ever tasted. I think it was the salt that made it rock!
- Dover Street Market: Lexington & 30th St. Midtown, NY. This has been on the Lit List for 5+ years. Been going here every year since they opened up shop. December is a great time to visit since most of the clothing and some shoes are 50% off. Go to every floor if you can. head to the top first, it’s where you may be able to pick up a sought after Supreme hoodie or shirt. Then make your way thru the various floors including the: GDG, Nike x DSM, Various High End Designer lables, down to the basement where the T’s are located. A MUST go to spot when in NYC. And yes, it is located in the middle of nowwhere on Lexington near 30th.
- WICKED-The Musical: 222 West 51st St at the Gershwin Theater. Broadway and 51st. The BEST experience ever. From Start to finish, Wicked will have you mesmerized. I scored some 3rd row seats day before the show. Nicely priced. Was one of the best shows, events, things I have ever seen.
9. Sacks Fifth Avenue: 611 5th Ave. Near 50th and Rockefeller Center Midtown, NY. Not only do they have the best window display in town, but December brings you their designer sale. This year, I scored Y-3. And make sure you check out their newely revamped shoe and sneaker area. It is HUGE! Time to Unwrap the savings!
10. Bloomingdale’s: Uptown and Downtown. Many more HOT brands than the Hawaii location. It’s not even the same store as in HI. So much more!
11. Uncle Pauls Pizza: 70 Vanderbilt near 45th Midtown, NY. In the city that never sleeps, the city seems to be going to bed earlier this year. Thus, you have Uncle Pauls Pizza open till at least 1am or later. Great food and open when lots of places around mid town are closed.
12. ETC Eatery: 20th East 46th Street Midtown, NY. Open 24/7 Monday thru Saturday. The freshest and sweetest Mango in the country. I had Mango almost every day this year. Also have all the necessities needed at 2am. Sandwiches, Pop, snacks, toothpaste. With many Deli’s disappearing due to high rent. ETC is still rockin’ it all day and night.
12. Madison Square Garden: 31st and 8th Ave or 4 Pennsylvania Avenue Midtown, NY. Love the energy here. Rangers or Knicks, either one is a nice experience. This year, I saw the Knicks play some team from Milwaukee. Even though they lost big time, it was fun. Spike Lee was especially upset this night, was fun to watch him in action. And in addition to shooting shirts upwards, they threw them down on the crowd, which was quite funny!! #Knicksmas #nykmsg
14. Meyers of Keswick: 634 Hudson. Near Greenwich St. and close to Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment Greenwich Village, NY. If you need anything from England, they have it here. I get the Christmas pudding and hard sauce. They also have Lion Bars, Smarties, Robinia, fresh meat pies, English Beans and much, much more. A little hard to find via mapquest. Well worth the trip. Can be crowded on the Weekends and close to the Bigger holidays.
15. Adidas Downtown: 610 Broadway near Houston Soho, NY. I like this store more than the uptown version. Lots of inventory. Different gear and goods than on the app or on-line. Sometimes you will get lucky and find some sold out deals too. friendly staff and located in prime Soho real estate location.
16. Nike NYC: 650 5th Avenue near 50th and 51st Streetz. Uptown, NY. This store is amazing. Last year, I customized some Jordan 1’s. This year, they had an interactive Kyrie Irving game. You entered the see through court, put on a pair of Kyrie’s Kicks in any size you need. Then dribbled a real ball on a real court to shoot a lay up or make a dunk. The store recorded the vid for you and then you could post it on Social Media. This store is a must see for anyone visiting or living in NYC. With that we end the Lit List for 2019. Mic is dropped!
17. Modell’s at Penn Plaza: 430 Seventh Ave. Midtown NY. A must visit after any game at MSG. I go every time I see a Knicks or Rangers game. It’s just fun to go inside especially if the team wins. Everyone is in post game jovial mood + and it’s an exciting social experience. In 2019, not only was it fun, but they had some what I would call BEYOND deals! Things you see on the internet for big bucks going for Super-Cool deals: $10 Majestic T’s and $25 various teams including Lakers, Knicks and Pelicans Hoodies. I scored a $100 Yankees Jersey made out of that nice Climalite material for a mere $25!! Best deal of the trip. And it doesn’t have some random player on the back. Totally classic, cool, comfy and will last a lifetime. SCORE!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dye a Day and Another Day
This project is like no other. 27 hours straight with maybe 2 hours of sleep. Brought us 3 pairs of Distressed + Tie Dyed with Bleach Jeans And almost 1 RIT Dyed Army Jacket. As usual the YouTube Videos are helpful but it always takes a lot longer to do what they do in 12 minutes. This time 12 minutes turned into 27 hours. Yes, it is fun, Yes, I am happy with the finished product. Glad I had a day off and budgeted the time involved to produce the end result. While it’s all fresh in my mind here are some tips if you attempt a project like this.
Distress and Tie Dye Jeans Tips
- Budget plenty of time for this project
- Use Rubber Bands or Rubbery hair ties. String doesn’t work well
- You can distress before or after the dye. Really doesn’t matter. I distressed 2 pairs with an Exacto Knife. The easiest way to distress jeans is to cut slits with an exacto knife. Just remember to put a magazine in between the 2 layers. Make slices, then wash in Cold and dry on Medium and you are good to go.
- Get food and Drinks ahead of time. It’s hard to make food or mix drinks with all the toxic chemicals and gloves to take on and off
- Buy 2 pairs of Gloves. One of my gloves burnt off my hand. Pay a little extra for the $5 brand instead of the $2 pair. It’s worth it.
- Get a mask to breathe through while taking the rubber bands off. The Bleach is pretty intense. Many YouTube videos don’t mention this. I recommend it as something mandatory. My skin and brain is still tingling a bit. Hour 29.
- Tie Dye Jeans. The Army Jacket did not take the bleach. Nothing happened. So I put in inRit Dye. The Rit Dye didn’t work either, it just kinda morphed the camo print. must be the synthetic fabric. Most likely the Polyester in the jacket. Well, 3 out of 4 came out Great!
- Have Fun! If you’re not having fun doing this type of gig, don’t bother. I enjoy things like this. If you don’t enjoy the process the time involved isn’t worth it. But the end product is pretty Sweet! *And if you want, email me your waist size and i can make you a pair. Just some costs + shipping. Should be like $75 + $25= $100
- Play some good music. I listened to the BBC Live for 2 days. Heard everything from Heavy English Hip-Hop to underground Dancehall, to some Annie Mac classics, to a pretty Dope Diplo Mix
- Don’t spend too much time rubber banding. One pair took me 3 hours to rubber band another about 30 minutes and they both came out Rad. Although, the more time you spend rubber banding the more intricate the patterns will be!
Here’s some pictures of the process:
And the Final Products:
The Bones Brigade Pant F/W 2019-20 Sniper Wells design for the Street Meat Market 2 different pairs of size 32 Waist. Both Distressed and Tie Dye with Bleach. Both are for sale and ready to ship in time for the 2019 Holidays. E-mail email@example.com if interested
The Layed Back Hack Pant F/W 2019-20 Gold and Dark Blue. Designed by Sniper Wells for the Street Meat Market. Size 34 Waist.
List of Ingredients for a Tie Dye Jean Day
- Rubber Gloves-2-3 just in case straight bleach hits them. Some disintegrate. I used Glam Gloves, paid a bit extra, but they still burnt through. Thus, the need for 2-3 pairs
- Bleach-Get the Linen infused scent
- Gas mask of some sort-Even just the paper version from the Doctors office
- Sharp Scissors-Get some good ones, its worth it when cutting off the rubber bands. I’d recommend the kind used for sewing. The Sharper the better. Also thin sharp scissor tips works well to get the rubber bands off easily
- Rubber bands of various shapes and sizes + Rubber Hair Ties
- 2 Big plastic Buckets I got 2 at Walmart for a great price
- Cold Water to rinse. And rinse them really well. Then wait a bit before washing in cold water in the washing machine
- Jeans-The Dark version came out a nice shade of Green and Blue. The lighter pairs came out White and Blue. I’ve been scouring the Sale racks at Macy’s for 2 months. Got 2 pairs for a really good deal. The other during the One Day sale. I have 1 pair to wear and 2 x size 32 waist to sell if you want a pair. Just LMK
- Food and Drinks-Already prepared and ready. You don’t want to mess with food and the chemicals in the Bleach
- Music-Helps set the tone of the event
- A phone and a camera-It’s hard to just use your phone to do everything. Thus the Camera. But be careful you don’t want to get bleach on it. Maybe get a friend to document the process for you. That would work. I played music with my phone and used the camera and sometimes the phone for the photos
Here is the Gold and Blue pair shot in Waikiki IRL 11/29/19
See you on the Streetz..blog
Kim Jones Scores for Dior F/W 2019
Get ready to wear Dior in Fall/Winter 2019. Some really nice tailored, polished clothing along with kicks and bags that ooze with spectacle and style. The collection is futuristic just enough to coordinate well within the Dior Aesthetic. Very wearable from work to the Hi-end club.
Check out the Highlights, Lowlights, the short :30 video if you’re in a hurry and the longer Runway show. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. See you on the Streetz!
- Tailored + Polished with a bit of Punk
- Kim Jones Designed
- Dope cross body bags and backpacks
- Even more dope: Circular Duffel bag (And I’m much more of a shoes guy than a bag man).
- Shiny, comfy black Shoes
- Nice fabrics, mostly the wool’s and scuba inspired
- Punk Rock influenced Accouterments
- Blacks, Greys, + Browns
- Harness’ and plenty of pockets (Very on Trend)
- Long black bondage gloves
- Shiny wrinkly trouser fabrics
- Long whispery scarves (Yes the scarf is a hot item for 2019/2020, I’m just not too into them)
- Sweater material instead of T shirt fabric
- White, Taupe and Light Blue
Soundtrack: Remixed Daft Punk
Movement: Instead of walking down a runway, the models stood on a catwalk conveyor belt.
Dior Men’s F/W 2019/20 Runway Show
2020 Color Trend Alert!
Ahh, so sweet to find a trend alert treat as easy as today. I was checking out the Y-3 site today (5/10/19) and they had a few pairs of kicks that had this cool light green color sprinkled in the shoes. See above for example. I’m thinking that looks like a nice color for Summer. Then within a few clicks I find this color mentioned on a blog and that WGSN calls it the color of 2020.
WGSN (Fashion Trend website) is typically pretty guarded with their color trends and want you to subscribe for a fee to access the good information. Thus, it can be somewhat of a challenge to find the Hip colors ahead of time. Well today, we have it! Neo-Mint!
*I almost bought a 2020 booklet in NY that let us know the upcoming trends, but it was $240! (And it was wrapped in plastic, so not sure what it had to say in it).
WGSN Color Director Jane Monnington Boddy let’s us know:
We have clients ranging from active-wear giants through to car companies and some of the world’s leading retailers. What is becoming clear is the importance of Neo Mint – a shade that succinctly aligns futuristic development with nature
WGSN also mentions:
From a fashion perspective, Neo mint embodies the drive towards tones that have gender-neutral appeal, which by 2020 will have moved on from the more feminine hues.
What do you think of Neo-Mint? Do you have any advanced notice of Hot Colors for 2020?
Let us know in the comments section or you can email me.
And just in time for the NEO Mint craze. What color do you think these shoes are? I see Grey and Teal/NEO Mint. Others see Pink and White. Similar to the Gold and White Dress game from a view years back, eh?
*Shoe picture at beginning of blog courtesy of Y-3’s main site’s shoe section. Info on Neo-Mint from a secret source that can be found somewhere, if you search long enough on the internet.
See you on the Streetz!
The Top 28 Fashionable Movies of all Time
(As Voted on by the Streetzblog Staff in May 2020)
With Many of you at home looking for something to watch. We’ve compiled the best Fashionable movies of all time. Have a nice time watching all of this Greatness.
1. The Devil Wears Prada: (2006): This movie has it all. Lots of NYC action, Fashionable attire, A Love Story, Paris, Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep and a variable Vrais/faux rendition of Anna Wintour. At least 1 Million dollars worth of clothes and accessories were used in the making of TDWP including a $100,000 Fred Leighton necklace worn by Streep. Watch for the CERULEAN (Blue) speech, it gives an entrepreneur an quick 4 minute MBA in the Marketing of clothing. The cast is power packed with: Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci, Simon Baker, Adrian Grenier, Gisele Bundchen, and Heidi Klum. And fun fact: The writer of the book-Lauren Weisberger plays the twins Nanny! The staff at Streetzblog has seen this movie at least 14x. It is by far the number ONE best overall fashionable movies of all time
2. Zoolander: (2001) Fun, Outlandish, Fashionable, Can you say Cameos and Orange Mocha Frappucicnos! Such a good movie about the world of male modeling. Stiller vs Wilson. Who is gonna come out the winner? Not enough room to mention all the stars, some include: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Christine Taylor, Will Ferrell, Milla Jovovich, Tom Ford, Fabio, Winona Ryder, Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Paris Hilton, Cuba Gooding Jr, Karl Lagerfeld, Natalie Portman, Justin Theroux, Gwen Stefani, Vince Vaughn, and Donald Trump. Fashionably BIG Quotes: Derek Zoolander: I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being REALLY, REALLY, RIDICULOUSLY good looking…And I plan on finding out what that is. Billy Zane: IT’S A WALK-OFF!! (Drop that mic!)
3. Blow Up: (1966) Fashion Photography, HOT Models, London, The Swinging 60s, Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll from start to finish. Not much is missed in this movie. Bold Stripes, Slinky shiny dresses, Mods, Rockers, Glamour, Day-Glow colors. It has it all including some trippy mimes who play tennis without a real ball and a cameo appearance and song by the Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Keith Reif. A Great movie to watch for inspiration for photography and creativity. If you want some inspiration for the swinging 60’s, this is a must see movie
4. Coco Before Chanel: (2009): One of our favorite Actors-Audrey Tatou portrays the iconic beyond belief classy-Coco Chanel. This is the history and story of Coco Chanel! Fashion Passes. Style Remains *Pro Tip: If you are having a rough day, watch any or all of Audrey Tatou’s movies, they are going to make you happy. Most of her best movies are in French with English subtitles. Well worth the reading of subtitles and can help you learn French/Francais
5. The September Issue (2009): Anna Wintour takes you on a behind the scenes adventure as she prepares for Vogue’s Fall Fashion Issue for 2007
6. We’ll take Manhattan (2012): One week of the life of Jean Shrimpton (Model) and David Bailey (Photographer). The Swinging 60’s are in full effect in NYC!
7. Unzipped (1994): The Behind the scenes world and process of Izaac Mizrahi. Some nice tips on creating a collection. A must see for any budding fashion designer. Features the biggest Super Models of all time: Linda Evangilista, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford
8. American Gigolo (1980) Richard Gere wears the most spectacular monotone suit, shirt and tie never seen before on film. Every guy in the 80’s tried to dress like him. It basically made Giorgio Armani a household name in the 80’s. We all wanted an Armani suit to look like Richard Gere. Monotone throughout. A look still happening in the year 2021. Russet Brown, to Taupe, Sage Green, Charcoal and Cornflower Blue. The suit, the shirt the tie and many times the socks all matched in one shade of said colors. this is the movie that spurred the monotone craze that has yet to stop. If you can’t think of what to wear, go Monotone and it will take care of itself. GQ and American Gigolo go hand in hand in the early 80’s. The Male Fashionista was never the same. The clothes made the man and the movie
9. Mademoiselle C (2013): A gem in the rough. High Quality, exquisite videography. The story of former Vogue Paris Editor in Chief-Carine Roitfied as she moves to New York to launch her high end magazine. Many, many fashionista’s. Tom Ford, Kate Upton, Karl Lagerfield, Kanye West, James Franco, Riccardo Tischi, Anna Wintour, Sophia Loren, Giorgio Armani, Sarah Jessica Parker, Liv Tyler, Beyonce, Heidi Klum, Bruce Weber and even more than what we listed
10. Breathless (1960) Jean Luc Goddard. Peg legged black pants with hi-collared with cuff sleeves New York Herald Tribune T. Could be in fashion in Dec 2019. Men’s 2 button suit jacket with wide super short tie could also see a comeback. Sunglasses, Hats, striped shirts, pleated skirt, short hair, so many things to list. Check out the main characters chain link bracelet, very a la mode right now at Louis Vuitton and Gucci. Even the ultra petite women’s bag is on trend in 2020. The movie helped to launch the French New Wave cinema. It did the same with style + clothes
11. Saturday Night Fever (1997) The 70’s, Disco Fever and John Travolta’s 3 piece White Suit. No other words are needed
12. Liquid Sky: (1982) Can you say 1980’s Nu-Wave Make-up. Deep in the underground came the movie Liquid Sky. Seen by many a punk rocker and New Waver as influence for their make up style throughout the 1980’s. Liquid Sky sports Big hair and nice bites of colorful clothing that infused, enthused + ensconced the 80’s vibe throughout the world. Neon Lights, Neon Make-up and multi-colored hair. Looking for Nu Wave Inspo for your 80’s make-up or fashions, watch this movie!
13. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961) Audrey Hepburn looks Elegant, Classic, Crisp, Clean, and Extremely well put together. The movie features the definitive moment of the iconic Maison Givenchy-Black Sheath Dress. She also has some great oversized Tortoiseshell sunglasses, and strands upon strands of Tiffany Pearls along with her long black satin gloves. Such an amazing, classic look copied for many, many years. And we can’t leave without mention of the double breasted bright ORANGE Givenchy wool Coat. As you know, we love the color Orange here at Streetzblog. Veracious Quotes: Holly Golightly: A girl can’t read that sort of thing without her lipstick. And I’ve got to do something about the way I look. I mean, a girl can’t go to Sing Sing with a Green face
14. Pretty Woman (1990) Chanel, Louis, Gucci. If it’s a Hi-end brand Julia Roberts gets to shop there. Richard Gere takes the monotone look into the 90’s with some variations, adding different shades of grey and even a printed tie. And if you want that Black Suit, White Shirt, Black Tie, White Pocket square look, it’s best seen on Richard in Pretty Woman. Edward Lewis: Wake up! It’s time to Shop!!
15. Mahogany (1975) Diana Ross is an aspiring fashion designer from the South Side of Chicago. So this is for sure a real deal fashion movie. 70’s exuberance, Beaucoup bell bottoms, Knee high boots, Dark washed jeans, Wide-brimmed hats, and Jersey dresses. And a bit over the top which we thought pretty dope, the Purple Lame, Metallic Embroidery and the Glow in the Dark Geisha’s. Wowza! Song: Do you know where you’re going to? Quote: Rome is like a rich old lady. She covers her wrinkles with things that shine
16. Pret a Porter (1994) Silly and Fun satire on the fashion world. Growing up we could never figure out if this movie was real or fake. Still confuses us..a bit to this day. Pretty sure it is fake..LOL Stars include: Kim Basinger, Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker, Tim Robbins, Sophia Loren, Danny Aiello and many others. Note: You may find this movie under the name Ready to Wear, seems over the years they switched the marketing of said movie to an English title
17. Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009) Talk about Shop til’ you Drop, OMG this girl can shop! The Nurmero Uno curator of the fashionable clothes in movies-Patricia Field says of the clothes: They are Colorful, Bold, Energetic, Voluminous, Eclectic, and comedic. Prominent Brands include: Vivienne Westwood, Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Milly. Lots of pink, many colorful dresses and don’t forget the infamous Green scarf! Rebecca Bloomwood: When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it’s not, and I need to do it again. And one of the best lines of all time: You Speak Prada? Did you know that the proper definition of a shopaholic is ONIOMANIA a term used for the compulsive desire to shop. We know someone at Streetzblog who’s got that Oniomania. Do you know anyone?
18. Zoolander 2 (2016) Not nearly as good as the OG. But fun to see many cameos including: Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Valentino, and Vera Wang
19. Ciao Manhattan (1972) If you want to see the Real Edie Sedgwick and not a movie about her, this is movie to watch
20. Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) We include this movie not because it’s about fashion, cause its not, but because it depicts 80’s Madonna inspired fashion spot on. It’s like being transported to the Unique Boutique, Antique Boutique, or Canal Jean Company in downtown Soho, Manhattan in 1986. Madonna and Rosanna Arquette. Get Into the Groove with oversized Ray-bans, layers of chains and necklaces, oversized scrunchies and the Epochal multiple black rubber bracelets Madonna is famed for wearing. Giving every 13 year old for 30 years something to buy at Claire’s. The Club scene (at Danceteria) also depicts the vibe of the time, the clothing and the dance moves. Madonna’s style on the Big screen. Fun Facts: The Vintage clothes store they visit was called Loves Saves the Day and was located in the East Village until 2009. The Orange baseball jersey Susan wears after her clothes are stolen has the initials MC. Madonna Ciccone. The super famous embellished cropped tux jacket from the movie sold at auction for $265,000
21. Factory Girl (2006) Hollywood’s portrayal of the next IT girl, Edie Sedgwick. Comes complete with a spot on Andy Warhol. See Sienna Miller as Edie, Guy Pierce as Andy, Jimmy Fallon as Chuck, Includes tunes by David Bowie. Fun Fact: Sienna’s eyes are grey but they are brown in the movie because Edie’s eyes were brown. Quote: Andy to Edie: You’re the Boss, Applesauce!
22. GIA (1998) This is a pretty harsh movie, so be prepared. Drugs, the early days of Aids, and one of the first super models. Starring: Angelina Jolie, Mila Kunis and Faye Dunaway
23. Sex and the City (2008) The TV show shook the world with Many a good looking outfit, So many shoes and non stop bags + purses. The movie continued with the theme with Carrie’s Ballerina Skirt, Samantha’s Suits and Fun Floppy Hat, Carrie’s stylish Head-wear, More hand bags, faux fur, and of course many, many Manolo’s. Quotes: Louise: It’s a Rental. Like Netflix for Purses. Carrie: Some labels are best left in the Closet!
24. Quadrophenia (1979) The Sharp dressed Mods-Skinny Suits way before their Massive popular explosion, Skinny Ties, Buttoned up Polo Shirts, Stylish Trench Coats, Mod parkas and Extremely Tricked out Multi-Mirrored Vespas. VS the Rockers clad in black leather Motorcycle jackets adorned with spikes, patches and paint. Jeans or leather trousers and white silk scarves. Head gear was also black leather with studs and spikes. Don’t miss the best dressed of the bunch, the leader of the Mods-Ace Face (Sting). Great soundtrack provided by the Who. Reign O’er Me + Doctor Jimmy and Mr. Jim. Fun Fact: The pinball machine that Jimmy plays on is the exact same machine that Elton John jams on in the movie, Tommy
25. Clueless (1995) 63 Outfit changes make up the looks of the 3 affluent High School Mall rats. Including 53 different kinds of tartans and plaids. Mid 90s Beverley Hills preppy. Mini skirts, knee high socks, and platform Mary Janes. Faux fur handbags, Feather trimmed coats and fun colorful hats complete the looks. The lingo in the movie also changed the way many of us talked for years to come. Couple of fashionable quotes from the movie. Cher: You see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my Feet and Mel: Do you know what time it is? Cher: A watch doesn’t really go with this outfit, Daddy. Stars: Alicia Silverstone, Stacey Dash and Brittany Murphy
26. John Wick 1, 2 + 3 (2014) (2017) (2019) We include the John Wick movies because the suits in the movie are just so utterly completely beautiful! The Cuts and Colors of the suits make this movie series with Keanu Reaves very fashionable. Various shades of black with some Midnight Blue. Richard Gere Would be quite proud. Killer Quotes: You want a war? Or you want to just give me a gun? Well John wasn’t exactly the Boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the Boogeyman
27. Qui Etes Vous Polly Maggoo (1966) A movie that is a bit odd. Yet fascinating. If you want #retrochic, Here it is
28. The Model (2016) Kinda’ creepy movie about a model. honorable mention
SOUL TRAIN wasn’t a movie, but you gotta dig the far out fashions. There’s also some Saturday Night Fever Dance segments in this Video. Enjoy!
What movie is your favorite? What movie would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!