Category Archives: Trend
The Streetzblog Top 10 for Fall 2018 Winter 2019
This is a Big, long weekend for trend-spotting with Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Big Wave Sunday and Cyber Monday. We’ve hit the streets and surfed the net to bring you the Streetzblog top 10 list for clothes and shoes.
Top 10 Clothes and Shoe Trends Late November 2018
- Camouflage: Whether you go for the 90’s bright orange or light blue and black camo, or the designer flage tailored and crisp. Camouflage is your go to color category. Hit up your local Army/Navy Surplus store for some of the 1990’s influenced colors or try any of these designers to be in with the latest camo moment: Daniel Patrick, Heron Preston, or Polo by Ralph Lauren.
- Black or true Brown Boots: Once again, get em’ at the army navy surplus store in the high shine black combat boot. Or kick it up a notch with the Prada Wedge Sole Black Leather boots, Grenson High Top Brogues (The burnt brown is a must have from Grenson) or Taft.
- Uniqlo x KAWS x Sesame Street: Some of the most sought after gear include: The Black Hoodie, the Grey XX Crew Sweat shirt and the Black XX pocket T. And a lot of this is already sold out in the M, L and XL sizing. I went on day 2 and got the last of a couple styles in the L and XL size. People were grabbing quick for what was left of the designs in black and grey. They also have plush dolls with XX Kaws Signature eyes, seems to be plenty of stock on these. I’m thinking eBay may be the place to get the hotter styles. If day 2 had a lot of sell outs, I wouldn’t want to be shopping there day 3 onward. KAWS is Hot on the Sesame Streetz!
- Mad for Plaid: Flannels in traditional colors and patterns. Along with last years plaid trend still staying hot-the Multi differential plaid shirt with 4-5 different plaids sewn together. Pretty much, everywhere you go, you can get your plaid on. H&M, Polo by Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy, Off-White, R13 and Banana Republic are some of our A-1 picks.
- Off-White: Nike x Off-White Kicks or the clothing line. Whichever you pick, you’re good to go. Pro Tip: For the Kicks, check out Stadium Goods on Cyber Monday or if you can wait, Stadium Goods does a really nice New Year’s Day Sale. Last year it was 25-30% off regular prices and it included the “Ten” collection. Pro Tip number 2: On Black Friday, both Saks Fifth Avenue and SSENSE do really good Off-White Sales. This year some of the most sought after T’s, Jackets and Sweats were 30-40% off, which can be a lot considering the retail price.
- Military Influenced: Both Camo and Military is spot on for Fall 2018. Army Jackets, Bomber Jackets, Multi pocketed pants, Dark Blue or black Military coats. Some places I know have the goods include: ZARA, Polo by Ralph Lauren, R13, Mr. and Mrs. Italy, John Varvatos, Alpha Industries and of course Balmain.
- Workwear: Price point low looking high is easy in this category. Many heritage workwear labels have kept their great prices, while helping you rock one of the hottest trends at the moment. From the Chore Jacket to straight legged Dickies, painters pants and utility vests, this is an easy and inexpensive trend to pull off. *You can also raise the bar with some of the newest looks from Heron Preston. Top picks for workwear are: Dickies, Carhartt (Work in Progress), Carrier, Stan Ray, Red Wing Shoes, Timberland’s and Heron Preston.
- Surf T’s: It’s Big Wave Surf Season on the North Shore of Oahu and the looks are pure fire this year. Lots to choose from: The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the Hawaiian Pro, the Billabong Pipeline Pro, the Eddie and the Volcom Pipe Pro (Some nice black shirts + camo shorts) Get some or all: Vans, Billabong, Volcom. Pro Tip: Vans and Volcom do some of the best Black Friday sales out there. This year, I went to Volcom. (Almost) Everything in the store was 40% off. And if you spent over $200, you could purchase a Volcom towel for $10 or a select group of T’s for just $10. *If you don’t know what to get someone ANYwhere in the World, get them a Surf competition T. They will love it and you for a long time! This is a must give gift.
- Xtra Lage Clunky Sneakers: This 2017 trend continues Hot into 2018 and looks like its not letting up in 2019. They started as Dad Shoes, looking like a New Balance from the 80’s. Now they are so big, you may not need to do leg day at the gym. The Balenciaga Triple S has 6 layers of various materials to make up their sole. I tried them on the other day and yep, they are pretty comfy. See if you can get the pairs made in Italy, some of the newer versions are made elsewhere, for $995, you want em’ made in Italy. Or grab some of your dads old running shoes and add some layers to the bottoms. By Far, the Brand to get is Balenciaga. Note: the newest track version is even bigger than the Triple S! Other’s on the Hot list include: Calvin Klein, Adidas by Raf Simons, Versace, Gucci, Acne. & even New Balance and Fila are refreshing their own act. For the ladies, I’m totally digging the Commes Des Garcons x Nike Cortez. Looks like what Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice would wear if she went on the tour. With Posh not participating, Geri Halliwell/Ginger Spice will probably nab em for the upcoming Spice Girls Tour.
- Ready, Set Tech: Seems like this is another Hot for 2017, happening again in 2018 and 19. Stretchy, comfortable, non Chafing, no Stink, silky smooth Mesh, Bright Out 3M,Velcro,water Repellant, protectant, Lycra, warm or cold weather fabrics. Check out Nike/a Nike collab or: A.P.C, White Mountaineering, Y-3, Acronym, Uniqlo (Heat-Tech), Adidas Alpha Skin Climachill, Black Yack 6 material Hybrid Jacket, Descente or Under Armour Vanish.
Here’s a sneak peak of my latest creation, utilizing the plaid & tech trend features. I’m using silver 3M Material to make these babies pop when the street light lands on you.
What are you seeing for the latest trends in clothes and shoes? Let us know in the comments section. Happy Holidays! See you on the Hawaii…soon to be NYC Streetz!
Uniqlo on Oahu!
Ala Moana:Grand Opening
Saturday September 28, 2018-Honolulu, HI
Uniqlo is reaching the Beaches and Rockin’ the shores! The Brand New Uniqlo at Ala Moana Center on the Island of Oahu is open for business! Here’s a Sneak Peak of this friendly, fashion forward, priced nice, new store.
The Day I arrive on my yearly December trip to NY, the 3rd stop right off the plane is Uniqlo on 5th Avenue. Even though, I have their heat-tech garments. I go there to get a 2nd or 3rd set and hang out to people watch. It’s a very colorful, fun store with lots of action.
The Hawaii store is also colorful and fun. But instead of Heat-Tech garments, the go to piece des resistance here is the Comfortable Rayon Aloha Shirt. They have about 6 different patterns to choose from. They are comfortable, on trend and priced really nice at just $29.90.
I bought the Black shirt with white flowers, and may go back to get the blue and white or the White, black and Red (The Uniqlo branded color way-at least that’s what I would label it as). And you know what? These shirts, aren’t available on 5th Avenue in NYC. They are Hawaii Exclusives. So that is pretty Awesome right there! Locals and tourists have access to some really nice shirts at excellent prices.
Here’s some of the fun things you can see in the store. It’s like a mini museum of Aloha wear.
If you get a chance to check out the new store say yellow to Joseph. Very friendly & helpful. We even received a free Uniqlo Tote bag with this nifty secret pocket inside. *As we came in to the store, we were given Free Fans and balloons. Was a fun trip to the new store!
They have this really cool graphic Aloha Shirt hanging at the store. I did ask if it was for sale. They said not now, maybe one day. It has some nice Japanese elements and futuristic design in it. What do you think? Special Limited Edition? It reminds me a bit of Takashi Murakami’s work. BTW: They do have some pretty dope Murakami T’s in the Keiki Section of the store!
See you on the Streetz! Sunday, it’s the Clippers in Hawaii, The Hale Aina Awards and then maybe on Monday, back to Uniqlo for another Hawaii Exclusive Aloha Shirt. LMK if you want me to pick one up and send it to you. I’m sure, you’ll be delighted to Rock it!
Listed above are the top 9 Trends for women & Top 8 Trends for men Fall 2018.
What do you think of the trends? What would you add? Delete? Let us know in the comments section.
*Trends from the Neiman Marcus fashion show August 2018
See you on the Streetz!
The Unofficial Official Game Gear for a Chicago Cubs Game
Norm-Core/Suburban Chic Females
Many females in Chicago-land wear their uniform almost daily. Black leggings, shirt or hoodie from PINK and Brown Uggs. Some call it Norm-Core or Suburban Chic. Most call it their daily clothes.
For guys it would usually be Jeans, T shirt or Polo shirt, Jordan’s or Ultra Boosts. Not much Off-White or Fear of God to be seen. Just a few pockets of peeps here and there.
Most men and Women of Chicago dress alike. Especially in the North Suburbs.
Chicago Cubs Game Gear
At the Chicago Cubs game a similar version of sameness can be seen.
Here is the Unofficial Official Chicago Cubs Game Gear: Baseball cap, T-Shirt inside unbuttoned Cubs Jersey w shorts just above or below the knee (Mostly Khakis or Cargo shorts) Kicks are mostly real dad shoes, Mostly 90’s era NBs, Nike, Asics & Adidas or Slides & Flip-Flops (Known as Slippers in Hawaii).
Check these pix of Chicago Cub Fan Game Gear in Action:
What do you think of the Chicago Game Gear? Is this the look that works best? Should they add more personal style? Maybe some Streetwear? Or is this the way to go? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz!
The Vegan Sushi
This picture of Sushi may look like an Ahi Nigiri, but it’s not! It’s actually a tomato, along with sushi rice, a bit of seaweed and shoyu. Could of…and did FOOL ME. Wow! Looks just like Ahi!
I have yet to try it. But they say that the texture and flavor of the tomato are transformed through a special technique, providing a savory and meaty taste. Five natural ingredients are added to the tomato to give it the special look, feel and taste.
It’s a vegan Nigiri. It’s name is Ahimi, by Ocean Hugger Foods. Available now at Whole Foods. Next time I go to Whole Foods, I’ll give it a try and let you know how it tastes.
Have you tried it?
See you on the Streetz!
The Hawaii World Class Wedding Expo
Bride & Groom Fashion Show
Saturday April 22, 2018
Here’s some of the latest looks for Spring 2018’s Wedding season. As seen at the Hawaii World Class Wedding Expo Runway Show on Saturday April 22nd at the Hawaii Convention Center. Enjoy!
Part 1: Luxurious Lace. Grande & Billowy.
Part 2: The Men and Family. Crisp & Clean. Colorful + Monochromatic.
Part 3: Trendy x Traditional.
Part 4: The Show Stopper. Wispy Trails De La Decadence.
See you on the Streetz!
Yohji Yamamoto Fall/Winter 2018/19 Menswear
Newest of the New Number Three
Streetzblog’s quest to find what to wear and what’s trending for Fall/Winter 2018/19 continues with the Yohji Yamamoto F/W 2018-19 Runway show.
Here we go:
Ultra-Baggy, Flowing, Layering
Skirts for men, Cropped, Wide legged, Exaggeration of Proportions
Colors: Black, Grey, White and Red
Suit Jacket x Street-wear x The Victorian Dandy
Textiles, Printed Imagery, Re-Creation
As Count Dracula would dress for a Black Tie Event
I tend to like Blacks, Grey’s and layering. Thus, this is one of my favorite Runway show’s for the Fall/Winter 2018-19 season. Very nice clothing. See you on the Streetz…blog.
Newest of the New-Number Two
Menswear: Autumn/Winter 2018/2019
We continue to look and find the trends & colors of Menswear Fall/Winter 2018-19. Today , we check out Vivinne Westwoods pre video before the collection. Here are the ridings from today’s Newest of the New Fall/Winter 2018-19.
Camo Not Camo, Military influence, Lots of Plaid, a bit of tweed.
Green, Taupe, Red, Off-Pink, Some Orange.
War, Peace & Punk influences. Uniform, New Romantic, Adam Ant goes high Street.
Collect the Cards, Connect the cards, Peach flags. Not really sure what she’s saying here, but gives us weirdness, suspense and intrigue.
No main trend or color on this teaser. It may have been easier to spend the $275 on the 2019 Menswear trend book. Hmmm. See you on the Streetz…Blog.