IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
The Streetzblog Top 10 for Fall 2018 Winter 2019
This is a Big, long weekend for trend-spotting with Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Big Wave Sunday and Cyber Monday. We’ve hit the streets and surfed the net to bring you the Streetzblog top 10 list for clothes and shoes.
Top 10 Clothes and Shoe Trends Late November 2018
- Camouflage: Whether you go for the 90’s bright orange or light blue and black camo, or the designer flage tailored and crisp. Camouflage is your go to color category. Hit up your local Army/Navy Surplus store for some of the 1990’s influenced colors or try any of these designers to be in with the latest camo moment: Daniel Patrick, Heron Preston, or Polo by Ralph Lauren.
- Black or true Brown Boots: Once again, get em’ at the army navy surplus store in the high shine black combat boot. Or kick it up a notch with the Prada Wedge Sole Black Leather boots, Grenson High Top Brogues (The burnt brown is a must have from Grenson) or Taft.
- Uniqlo x KAWS x Sesame Street: Some of the most sought after gear include: The Black Hoodie, the Grey XX Crew Sweat shirt and the Black XX pocket T. And a lot of this is already sold out in the M, L and XL sizing. I went on day 2 and got the last of a couple styles in the L and XL size. People were grabbing quick for what was left of the designs in black and grey. They also have plush dolls with XX Kaws Signature eyes, seems to be plenty of stock on these. I’m thinking eBay may be the place to get the hotter styles. If day 2 had a lot of sell outs, I wouldn’t want to be shopping there day 3 onward. KAWS is Hot on the Sesame Streetz!
- Mad for Plaid: Flannels in traditional colors and patterns. Along with last years plaid trend still staying hot-the Multi differential plaid shirt with 4-5 different plaids sewn together. Pretty much, everywhere you go, you can get your plaid on. H&M, Polo by Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy, Off-White, R13 and Banana Republic are some of our A-1 picks.
- Off-White: Nike x Off-White Kicks or the clothing line. Whichever you pick, you’re good to go. Pro Tip: For the Kicks, check out Stadium Goods on Cyber Monday or if you can wait, Stadium Goods does a really nice New Year’s Day Sale. Last year it was 25-30% off regular prices and it included the “Ten” collection. Pro Tip number 2: On Black Friday, both Saks Fifth Avenue and SSENSE do really good Off-White Sales. This year some of the most sought after T’s, Jackets and Sweats were 30-40% off, which can be a lot considering the retail price.
- Military Influenced: Both Camo and Military is spot on for Fall 2018. Army Jackets, Bomber Jackets, Multi pocketed pants, Dark Blue or black Military coats. Some places I know have the goods include: ZARA, Polo by Ralph Lauren, R13, Mr. and Mrs. Italy, John Varvatos, Alpha Industries and of course Balmain.
- Workwear: Price point low looking high is easy in this category. Many heritage workwear labels have kept their great prices, while helping you rock one of the hottest trends at the moment. From the Chore Jacket to straight legged Dickies, painters pants and utility vests, this is an easy and inexpensive trend to pull off. *You can also raise the bar with some of the newest looks from Heron Preston. Top picks for workwear are: Dickies, Carhartt (Work in Progress), Carrier, Stan Ray, Red Wing Shoes, Timberland’s and Heron Preston.
- Surf T’s: It’s Big Wave Surf Season on the North Shore of Oahu and the looks are pure fire this year. Lots to choose from: The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the Hawaiian Pro, the Billabong Pipeline Pro, the Eddie and the Volcom Pipe Pro (Some nice black shirts + camo shorts) Get some or all: Vans, Billabong, Volcom. Pro Tip: Vans and Volcom do some of the best Black Friday sales out there. This year, I went to Volcom. (Almost) Everything in the store was 40% off. And if you spent over $200, you could purchase a Volcom towel for $10 or a select group of T’s for just $10. *If you don’t know what to get someone ANYwhere in the World, get them a Surf competition T. They will love it and you for a long time! This is a must give gift.
- Xtra Lage Clunky Sneakers: This 2017 trend continues Hot into 2018 and looks like its not letting up in 2019. They started as Dad Shoes, looking like a New Balance from the 80’s. Now they are so big, you may not need to do leg day at the gym. The Balenciaga Triple S has 6 layers of various materials to make up their sole. I tried them on the other day and yep, they are pretty comfy. See if you can get the pairs made in Italy, some of the newer versions are made elsewhere, for $995, you want em’ made in Italy. Or grab some of your dads old running shoes and add some layers to the bottoms. By Far, the Brand to get is Balenciaga. Note: the newest track version is even bigger than the Triple S! Other’s on the Hot list include: Calvin Klein, Adidas by Raf Simons, Versace, Gucci, Acne. & even New Balance and Fila are refreshing their own act. For the ladies, I’m totally digging the Commes Des Garcons x Nike Cortez. Looks like what Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice would wear if she went on the tour. With Posh not participating, Geri Halliwell/Ginger Spice will probably nab em for the upcoming Spice Girls Tour.
- Ready, Set Tech: Seems like this is another Hot for 2017, happening again in 2018 and 19. Stretchy, comfortable, non Chafing, no Stink, silky smooth Mesh, Bright Out 3M,Velcro,water Repellant, protectant, Lycra, warm or cold weather fabrics. Check out Nike/a Nike collab or: A.P.C, White Mountaineering, Y-3, Acronym, Uniqlo (Heat-Tech), Adidas Alpha Skin Climachill, Black Yack 6 material Hybrid Jacket, Descente or Under Armour Vanish.
Here’s a sneak peak of my latest creation, utilizing the plaid & tech trend features. I’m using silver 3M Material to make these babies pop when the street light lands on you.
What are you seeing for the latest trends in clothes and shoes? Let us know in the comments section. Happy Holidays! See you on the Hawaii…soon to be NYC Streetz!
50 Steps to Make a Great Shirt
Years ago, I learned the hard way, it takes lots of work to make a shirt. I personally invested 4 months, 12 sewing classes, a lot of supplies tallying up to $200+ dollars to make my own Aloha Shirt. It was very confusing, a bit frustrating, yet very satisfying to complete, but for sure did not save me any money. With the classes, supplies, fancy scissors, and time, that shirt would have retailed for $580 or more!
In this video, Swedish label ASKET shows us all how to make an Oxford shirt in 50 steps. You’ll be amazed by all of the intricacies that go into making such a standard shirt. Me, I already know what it’s like to make my own shirt. If I saw this video prior to my project, I doubt I would have tried it.
Pretty cool video. Whether you want to DIY or just see how it’s all done. This is a pretty awesome story from start to finish on making an Oxford shirt. Thank You to ASKET for letting us in on the process.
Asket uses 2.2 square meters of fabric, 97 meters of thread, 14 buttons, 43 pieces, and close to 50 people to complete the Oxford shirt. And it comes in 15 various sizes to make the project even more complex. Think about all that next time you put on your favorite Long Sleeve button down Shirt. Wow!
You can get your very own ASKET Oxford Shirt here for about $79. See you on the Streetz!
Fall 2016 School’s in Session
Maxwell Osborne, Dao-Yi Chow & Their Brand Public School sneakily staged a special Inside-Outside Runway Show on Day 1 of Mens NYFW February 2, 2016. PSNY took to the streetz staging a runway outside of Milk Studios in NY. The runway displayed the Fall 2016 Men’s Collection to the public, then circled inside to show the pieces to the media and celebs in attendance. (Celebrities at the show included: Hip-Hop Artist: Fabolous, Producer Extraordinaire: Swizz Beats Instagram Fashion Man of the Moment: Nick Wooster and New York Giants: Victor Cruz.
The designers took inspiration from the movie entitled, The Man Who fell to Earth which starred David Bowie back in 1976. I actually went to see this movie sometime in the early 80’s. It’s about an Alien/Bowie who wonders around planet Earth looking for water to bring back to his home planet. It’s a pretty bizarre, artsy, slow-moving movie and if Bowie was not in it, I would have left the theatre before the end. I remember some pretty rad sunglasses but wasnt so impressed by the styles in the movie.
Some of the silhouettes of the Fall 2016 clothes and some of the more earthy tones remind me a bit of the movie. And if you look carefully enough at the pieces in the collection, you may see some triangles here and there which is the symbol for water. The picture on the left continues the massive Bomber jacket trend into Fall 2016. And the picture on the right does feel a bit like the movie, just with a very large punch of 2016 in it.
Ya know, another thing I remember but barely about the movie, is Bowie kept taking his jacket on then off, then on then off again. Strange thing for me to remember.
Me personally, I like it when PSNY sticks to their black, grey and dark blue color palette. there is too much color for me for this outing. Although, there’s enough black and grey for me to check their site to see what’s for sale in Fall 2016. Also notice the continuation of the Biker Jacket trend and the Jumpsuit action. My friend Eric and I has some nice black jumpsuits back in 1981. We were influenced by a trip to Paris. We used to wear them to parties with fedoras. Where was Instagram when I needed it!
Blacks and Greys ala Classic PSNY!
So far, as of 9:36pm (HST) on Tuesday February 2, 2016, it seems a bit hard to find the video of the show. Just some pictures. (And very glad for them, courtesy of vogue.com) The last couple of shows PSNY streamed the shows live and had some great free total show replays. Not sure what happened this time around? I for one totally miss the live streaming video. PSNY and Marc Jacobs have been super cool about their Runway show videos. Maybe it’s to keep the show a bit of a mystery? Or some sort of far out Retro Bowie insider quip about how they didn’t have streaming in 1976? I really do not know.
Today (2/2/16) I felt like Bowie looking for Water in The Man that Fell to Earth, but instead of water, I was looking for the video of the Runway show. I did find a taste over on the Milk Studios NY Instagram account. Check out their IG if you’re thirsty.
Now if I could only get my hands on a pair of the PSNY x Jordan 12 kicks. Man, so close 2x, yet so far away. See you on the streetz this week in Waikiki and at the Big Game Parties in Hawaii at Big City Diner at Ward.
Dior Homme Run/Fall 2016
Fall 2016 brings us lots of strapped and black trousers. Some baggy, some tailored straight. This pair is tapered, tailored straight. The strapping is super-cool and very intricate. I would buy a pair right now if I could. Although, It’s toward the end of January 2015 at the moment, Fall 2016 seems like a long time to wait for a pair of pants. Sounds like it’s time for another DIY project.
The Plan of Attack for my DIY Trouser Project
Now that I’m home in HI, I’m thinking I’ll use Silver and Gold safety pins, the straps I have left over from NY and I suspect I’ll do a bit of hand sewing on them. Once they’re finished, I’ll post 1-2 pairs on this blog. If anyone knows where I can get some flo-orange straps, LMK. I think they would look dope on top some black suit pants. See you on the Streetz! This week it’s the amazing NFL Pro Bowl Beach Party and of course the game. If You’re in town, it’s time to get out your (In this order) Best kicks, suntan lotion, 3/4 length shorts and your favorite teams jersey. Feel free to email, text or stop by any of the festivities Friday thru Sunday and say Aloha.
*I also like this model’s shoes, but I doubt I will attempt to make a pair of them. Looks like Fall 2016 will be a great year for real sturdy, stylish shoes and boots.
Stampd Strapped Bomber Jackets
If you can’t wait for the strapped pants, check out these nice strapped bombers by Stampd.
March into Spring 2015
Here’s your one-stop shop for Spring Trends 2015. I wonder how they compare with the trends predicted by the Runway shows in Milan and by Streetzblog.com in July 2014?
Men’s Trends (From the H&M Spring Chic Magazine 2015) *List inspired by their list with streetzblog editorial.
Seventies Workwear: Fashionable take on 1970’s utility Styling mixed with functional fabrics like raw denim. Utilizing expert tailoring to make this trend look just as good on the weekends and at work.
Summer Neutrals: Subtle shades of beige and gray. That Beige is driving me a bit crazy, not at all a fav of mine, but even though 50 Shades of Grey didn’t live up to all the hype, the color grey is marching into Spring as the number one color.
Artistic Knits: Designers like Raf Simons and JW Anderson have updated the tank top with tapestry-like scenic landscapes. You also might want to check out your local Thailand or Tibetan shop to score some items of similar yet different aspects of this trend. If you’re going to wear a tank top, make sure you have your suntan lotion on or wear it at night. You don’t want to have that extremely funny tank top tan line, it’s just as bad as forgetting to button your fly all day.
Italian Riviera: You may have heard that the 70’s, 80’s and especially the 90’s are big now. Well, this trend takes us back to the 50’s with lightweight preppy styles including the piped polo look shirt and striped golf jackets. Now, it’s really time to find a friend with a yacht!
Premium Parkas: Tailored rather than functional. A more formal and luxurious look for Spring layered over a suit. Sounds a bit warm to me, but depends on where you may live this will work or won’t. Basically lighter, groovier jackets for spring ala Parka. If you had a Winter like most, you may not want to wear a jacket as long as you can. Me, I can’t wait to get back to NY in December to rock my Alexander Wang x H&M Scuba hoodie. I did get some good mileage out of it in NY, but gotta’ tell you if you have scuba material jackets, use them in Spring. they really are’nt meant to keep you warm in the Winter.
GQ Boot Spring Boot Trend *Info inspired by the February 2015 print issue of GQ, with additional streetzblog editorial
Made in the Suede
Dress Boots: Wing Tip or Cap-Toe. In grey, beige, brown or be a bit more daring and go with the blue or green. My favorite work shoes at the moment are’nt suede, but they are a nice deep Navy pair of hi-tip wingtips. Comfortable and go with most of work clothes and my blue watch. Whether you go leather or suede, just make sure you match your shoes with your outfit before walking out the door. It’s not too pleasant to make it all the way to work and find out you need to hide in your cube all day, because your funky blue or green boots don’t match anything you’re wearing. And even worse, getting called into the bosses office on a day like this. Be especially careful on Mondays.
Desert Boots: These look very comfortable, yet I’m still holding out from purchasing a pair. They are updated in luxe suede, fun colors, rubber soles in crazy contrasting colors. They just remind be too much of 1978, when I refused to wear them. For some reason, these just don’t scream Stylish. But if they are really comfortable, I’d give them a try. LMK if you’ve rocked them and had success?
Chelsea Boots: These crack me up, because every single season for the last decade, the trend setters are telling us to wear a pair of Chelsea boots. This time in suede. They can look pretty stylish especially when done in a wing tip brogue or a duo tone ombre. You really can’t go wrong with a Chelsea boot, they worked for everyone from the Beatles, to Lou Reed to Harry Styles. I succumbed to the hype and bought what I thought were a fairly inexpensive pair of rubberized Ferrigamo Chelsea boots in brown. But WOW, they hurt my feet worse than anything I own. Maybe the suede is the way to go. More flex. If anyone wants a pair of brown Ferrigamo Chelsea boots in size 10 LMK.
Work Boots: This is a tough choice. GQ claims not to worry and scuff them up. I have a very opposite view of suede boots. To only wear them on a perfectly great sunny day. And on a day that I wont be walking in too much dirt or rocks. For some reason, out of all the materials, I think these look best, nice and un touched. Even in a work boot. I guess that’s why I own only one pair of suede shoes. They can be hard to clean. Probably the best shoe to take to the shoe maker to trick out then a DIY project. For sure, don’t slap some gooey polish on em’.
Streetzblog Spring predictions *As seen on the streetz, the web, magazines, and in my mind.
The Dull Colored Chino: Lighter fabric, colors in bland blue, off Pink, rusty Red, Beige, and Green. These are the more comfortable chinos, they are also the kind that wrinkles easier, so don’t try and wear them 2 days in a row. Fitted, yet not too skinny and no we are not in the boxy 80’s style…yet. For some of us over a certain age, the 80’s boxy style will make you look even older even if it does come back like the Women’s Mom and Men’s jean trend. Be careful of trends. If you like the way it looks on you, wear it, no matter what we say here or you read anywhere, if you don’t feel good in your new trendy outfit, don’t bother.
Ripped Jeans: Especially for women, get the versions with the biggest holes and most rips. It’s Spring, time for some nice spring breeze to inherit your legs. And this Summer, get ready to cut them a bit above or below your knee and wear them tailored selvage or totally Mad Max ripped out of control.
The Black Motorcycle Jacket: Seems to be the must have piece for 2015.
70’s, 80’s, 90’s: Wow! It’s here that it gets confusing. Depending on what or where you read something these decades are all in. From what I can tell, 70’s are best for Coachella cool, 90’s are the it decade now, and the 80’s are fading, yet the day-glo and neons especially bright Yellow and Ultra Pink are here to stay especially for the athletic chic vibe.
Cotton Candy Hair: From Dull Pink to washed out blue. If you’ve seen it at the cotton candy stand at the fair or on the runway, this is the It color, especially for females. Guys? Are you ready to rock these fun colors? Watch out for more platinum blond shades, thanks to: Kim K and Jared Leto.
Tiny Floral Prints: Big and bold was last year’s version. This year, looks like the flare of the flowers and fauna are getting smaller. Yet still a huge hit amongst the fashion forward NBA stars.
Black, Blue and Grey: If you don’t know what to wear today or tonight. Just pick out colors from these, combine and get out of the house. These are awesome, reliable year round’ look great colors. If you want to be really on trend, go with the dull green, dull light blue or even the (yuk) beige/khaki.
Trendy a la Mode Fashion Words describing what’s now and what’s next:
Health Goth, AthLeisure, Avant-Bland, Fly-Girl, Retro-Chic, and the NoTrendTrend.
I’m thinking next blog post will be dedicated to the Health Goth look. Fun name and lots of great designers doing it. Rick Owens, HBA, Alexander Wang to name a few. See you on the Streetz.
Brooks Brothers hooks up with Supreme NYC
Street and Skate Store Supreme has teamed up with traditional Ivy League Brooks Brothers for a Bold and pretty darn stylish Seersucker release featuring the jacket seen above and matching pants. As you can see the Jacket has the Red and White Supreme tag along side the classic Dark Navy and white Brooks Brothers Tag on the sleeve. I suspect these are two tags that will stay on most buyers sleeve as they rock this look for Spring 2014.
The picture above appeared on the Supreme London Store Manager’s Instagram @mrjagger_ After researching it a bit on the net, it seems it’s a picture taken from an article in an upcoming issue of the UK’s Man About Town Magazine. The release date of the Jacket and pants still seems to be a mystery. Update: Monday April 28, 2014. The Seersucker suit will be available in store NY, LA, London and on-line Thursday May 1, 2014. Available in Japan on Saturday May 3, 2014. Price $549. While doing this blog posting I noticed that most Supreme drops are on Thursdays. More pix of the suit here.
The April 10 newspaper edition of WWD confirms that this jacket along with a pair of trousers will be released soon by the two Mega Brands. According to WWD the lining will have a black and white star pattern and the suits silhouette is Brooks Brothers’ slimmer and younger Fitzgerald model. The two piece seersucker suit will be available at Supreme. From what I’ve seen during my December trips to NYC, Supreme has some pretty long lines for their limited edition Shirts and Kicks. I would suspect a BIG line for this gear. And I kinda’ doubt it will show up on their on-line boutique. But it’s for sure worth a try to look and find out. I wonder if like the shirts and kicks; if this suit goes for double or triple on E-Bay? My vote would be yes. And Yeah, I admit it would also keep the tags on it and wear it out of the house just like the picture above.
Supreme has collab’d with many including Nike, North Face Comme des Garcons, Vans, Champion and in 2011 they worked with Adam Kimmel on an unlined black and navy two button suit jacket and pants made from Italian cotton Twill. I think that this Seersucker collab is a Big Time Winner for both the younger and older fans of both brands especially the Supreme followers. I could see this jacket worn by many a bike courier and fashion designer in NYC and by many others in various professions throughout the world. Streetzblog recommend that you should get this very stylish suit collab if you can!
Here’s a pic of the Adam Kimmel x Supreme Black and Navy two button suit Jackets with custom fitting pants. Picture is courtesy of porhomme.com
Have a Good Friday and a Happy Easter. If you get a chance check out my radio show this Saturday April 19th from 3p-6p Hawaii Time on KTUH.org. You can catch it on the tune in app or by going directly to ktuh.org. See you on the Streetz, on the radio, at church and at the Beach this weekend.
Here’s the most up to date picture of the suit (Monday April 28, 2014/Picture courtesy of Supreme)
So Much Stimuli in One Condo
Yesterday, I surfed for the first time in a few months. It was extremely fun and nice to get LOTS of fresh air on a weekend. Today, many bones in my body are hurtin’, so back at the computer. Actually a bit overstimulated at the moment, TV is playing Blood and Chocolate, Radio is coming from my iPhone to the Beats Pill playing Chilltrax from somewhere in the World and yes, computer is also on blasting the Lanvin fashion show, as I read about Lanvin in M-The new class of Man Spring 2014. The newest research says it’s better not to multi-task anymore. HA! When it all goes well together, it works well. They’re probably talking about multi-tasking while attempting to do very different elements of intrigue at the same time.
Out of all the different stimuli surrounding me, I picked the Lanvin Fall/Winter 2013-14 Runway Show to provide you with today.
- Big Backpacks: Designers are pushing the Hi-End Backpack. In December 2013, I saw a Givenchy Backpack at Barney’s for over $1,000. Wonder how much these BP’s go for? When did Backpacks go from carrying books and pencils to school to the runway? Crazy Eh?
- Very Tight Ultra Skinny Trousers: These practically look like they are painted on. I like the fact that you can see the Kicks even better with the pants like this. They look like they were sown directly on to the models. Probably a look that would work in Paris. Maybe just a tad uncomfortable.
- Baggy, Long Big Bottom Pants: The Complete opposite of the skinny Jean. These are so long they hit the floor near the ankle. Interesting look, yet too hard to see the shoes. And Hey, which trend is the trend? Tight and Skinny or Long and Baggy? Hmm.
- Colors: My favorite Blacks and Greys. Along with Taupe with matching Backpack, a bit of Red and a tad of white and off whites hues.
- My Favorite Look: The grey double-breasted Jacket that is short, cut off at the waist. With the pants that are tailored and cropped around the ankles.
- Shoes: I’m a sucker for white soled shoes and the beginning of the show has many of these, along with what looks like a slightly flourescent yet muted green sole. I also like the Cordovan boots. Nice contrasting color with the various shades of the pants. There are some white boots you may notice, those are just a bit too bright for my personal taste. But they do make a statement if that’s the look you’re looking for.
- The Music: Just chill enough to be up beat at the same time. Nice choice.
Before showing you some of my favorite White Soled Shoes, here’s a pretty funny quote from the Glossary area of the FYMW Book:
Vibrams: A particular brand of rubber soles. One popular version is their white wedge or “Cristy” sole seen on the boots of dudes whose pictures end up on the internet.
Here are some of my favorite White Soled Shoes and Kicks. Note: The Rick Owens aren’t really mine, I took the picture of my feet in them at Barneys NYC.
Luxury at it’s Finest
Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2014-15 Men’s Fashion Show
I never knew Louis Vuitton made this many clothes for Men. When I think LV, I think female handbags. Nice to see all these high quality Luxe-Life fashions for men from the king of logo’d bag.
- Fabric: So luxurious, it seems as if you can actually touch and feel the fabric as it flows along the runway.
- Color: Still liking the Blacks and Greys for the Fall/Winter 2014-15 Season.
- Jackets: Traditional overcoats with untraditional fabrics. Stripes and very subtle plaids. There’s one in this show I would buy in a heartbeat. Understated, yet when seen up close, extraordinary use of discrete color and plaid.
- Sunglasses: Can’t go wrong with the Cobalt Blue and Black tones. Slick, Cool, Modern, Accessable and right on trend.
- The Floor: Before I saw the fashion Show, I saw a picture of the futuristic blue hued floor. This is what attracted me to the runway show. Quite nice use of color and space.
- The Bags: Check out that Silver Metallic rounded Oblong. Luxe-Life Fashion meets Urban Survival, meets Possible Militaristic Missions.
Thom Browne Men’s Fall/Winter 2014-15 Fashion Show
Like two shows in one. First half is various shades of grey. Second half is the Court Jester Balloon jacket and pants show. Enjoy!
- Grey: There is still time before Fall/Winter 2014-15 to get your grey on. This show validates a theme we’ve been talking about on Streetzblog for a while now. Grey or shall we say Gray? is the BIG color for Fall/Winter 2014-15. Here we see many different shades, various materials and even a grey plaid fish shown to us all many times throughout the show.
- Textile Mix Tape: OnTrend with the mixture of different types of plaids, shades of grey and other types of materials all in one look. It maybe an ode to the Eco Friendly Fashion Future of re-purposing clothes or just looks very hobo-chic Ala Mode of the moment. Either way, it’s way Dope!
- Built in BackPacks: Ok, so this is taking the Back-Pack to another level. First they look like the back packs blend into the jackets. Then it seems that they are actually built right into the jackets. Either way, very cool. Nice subtle eye-catching detail. Hey-you wouldn’t lose or forget to bring your gear with you when it’s always with you built into your jacket. Nice for the multi tasking always on the move 21st century man.
- Setting: The Magical Forest? Alice in Wonderland? An ode to the upcoming Grey, Gray World? Interesting, the fish and other animals are quite fun to see. Not sure about the animal hats and head dressings on the models. It does give the runway a bit more of a theatrical presence, just a bit scary.
- Shoes: Grey with black soles. Time for a change from the Black Kicks with White soles. Just when I thought I didn’t need another pair of shoes and these are getting ready to come out. I would like to try a comfortable high top with a cushy black crepe sole. My feet still hurt and I really do need to find something that is comfortable. Thom sure isn’t being understated about the Grey trend. It’s seen everywhere from Jackets to Trousers, Fish to Shoes. Grey will be the new black for Fall/Winter 2014-15.