What do you See?
Watch the video above and see what you see? You may see people playing catch with a basketball or you may see something else? Watch the first time with zero expectations and see what you see? Then take a moment and watch again very, very carefully.
Did you see the extra? Let us know in the comments section. Have a nice Day! See you on the Streetz…blog!
You can also ask in the comments section, What should I be looking for? And we’d be happy to assist you. Its pretty fun! Watch and share with your friends and family.
Heaven or Hell…You can Choose
I saw this saying on a shirt in a street stall in Camden, England. It was a #realfake Ed Hardy look alike. And was a bit small for me, but I liked the design and saying so much, I bought it. Never was able to fit into it, but the slogan was a good reminder on how you can train your mind for a good Moment, Day or even year.
Everyday, you have this choice, to have a good day or a bad day. Kelly Clarkson ends her show with: Have a Good Day! And if it’s not, then Change it!
The Blur between Awake and Asleep is where the Magic Happens
Benjamin Hardy PHD, says something along the lines of the blur between your sleep and your awake state is when the best ideas occur. He encourages us to wake up at 5am. I’m the most extreme night person with a 9a-5p job I know, so awaking at 5am is very daunting. Yet, this morning I saw his thoughts in action.
I awoke, meditated for about 5 minutes, then went to brush my teeth. As I did this, the “Poem” below sprang out of my brain so fast, I had to grab a pen and write it all down. And within 4 minutes the “Poem” below appeared on paper. Even the Rhymes came out. I tweaked maybe 2-3 words when I proofed it. But, it ALL did flow in one quick, non stop, powerful stream of words to paper.
Maybe my 9am is like Benjamin’s 5am? Since I didn’t go to sleep until 1am. LOL
In most of the streetzblog posts, they can take an hour to days to weeks to months to do. Especially things like the Longest list of the most Fashionable movies and the Biggest list of Jordan tunes. Those took months.
Here we go with about 4 minutes while I was in the Magical moment between awake and Asleep. Hope you enjoy it!
In the Rubble, the Crumbs, will Rumble
The Stores are closed. Retail Therapy. What is That. The Hunger Games are real. Can you hear the Mockingjay Squeal?
All Dressed up and Nowhere to go. Who will see you. No one. The streetz are desolate. Your friends are in hiding or on their cherished Screen. Will anyone Hear you when you Scream!
They say it will get better, Believe. You. Me. It will. A different better. Probably. Masks all Day. Fallin’ Trees. Burnt down homes. And stores no More. Will we See the Rise from the new Norm?
Yes we will. And we Can. Just Wait a few more weeks to remove your Mask. And see Smiling Faces, New Places and the Dawn of New days. Different. Better. Worse. Yes to all of the above. You see What you want to See. Please try and See and Imagine the Best. Most Happy for You and for me!
Streetzblog Date: 10/20/20
Balenciaga Spring Summer 2021 Paris Fashion Week (October 5, 2020)
The World feels a bit better now with this show. Slick, nice music, real streetz, Paris at Nuit. Aaaah, feeling good today. Check out the Balenciaga S/S 2021 Runway show and the Streetzblog Hi-Lights and Low-Lights below:
- The dark streetz
- The womens wear especially the silver dress and bright outfit and the slashed/ripped dress
- The silver phone case necklaces
- The Music. Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart. Sounds like it was remastered and a few extra beats added to the OG. Fits the vibe like a glove
- The Sunglasses. The Big Black versions!
- There’s a pair of shoes somewhere in here that has actual springs on them. Pro Tip: They are called the X-Pander, the latest and greatest street sneaks from Balenciaga.
- The Setting-Paris and the Eiffel Tower
- The Yellow E’s Good on Halloween Smiley Face T
- The crisp cool lighting and Electro vibe of the video
- Some of the guys clothes-looked too 1990’s and cut off jeans?
- No Masks
- Need a close up of the sneakers with the springs
- More Post Apocalyptic. Has the setting the music the vibe, but not the clothes
- Faded Jeans
- Bulky parkas and long trenches
Also, be sure to look over the credits at the end. Very detailed information about social distancing, sanitizing and even info on how the snacks and food was served and eaten.
Note for later: The Date on this show is October 5, 2020.
We are now really and Officially in the Blade Runner/Mad Max reality world. The FUTURE is NOT later, it is NOW.
See you on the Streetz!
Itchy Butt’s Got the Name & the Chicken’s Tasty Too
Itchy Butt is one of the best names of a Chicken Shack on the Island of Oahu. Before Pan, I drove by it 3-5x per week. Always a pretty sizeable amount of tourists and hipsters hanging outside of it on the daily. Glancing weekly at the name of the place and thinking it was just a flash in the pan place with a fun name and novelty Food.
Come to find out, It’s been open since 2014 and I’ve driven by this place for 6 years, thinking thoughts like that. Saying, Oh maybe one day I should give it a try.
During Pan (March-August 2020) I’ve done much less driving and more walking. Thus, stopped by to give it a try on one of these walks. Since going there the first time, I’ve been back 3x since. Pretty Tasty, I do say. And I rarely eat fried foods.
It’s really easy to order up your food. Here is what I recommend: One half chicken regular. Comes with 2 delicious fried Mozzarella cheese sticks, small cup of crunchy pickled radish and a free can of Orange Passion Juice or a Pepsi. And an entire half a Chicken cooked on the spot just for you!
You order, you pay and as you wait, you hear the chicken sizzling in a freshly oiled wok. Then as the minutes tick till about 10 minutes, you hear whack, whack, whack as the half a chicken is machetied into 8-12 nice sized pieces of crunchy, crispy, extra tasty, freshly fried chicken. Comes in an overflowing white box that needs to be scotch taped so that the many pieces of chicken don’t fall out of the box.
Inside the box is 2 pieces of Oooey-Gooey batter fried Mozzarella cheese sticks. And a small cup of pickled radish/daikon-You gotta’ have some veggies with your fried chicken! Actually I like these a lot. Taste Fresh, always crisp, sweet and sour, bite sizes pieces of deliciousness.
If you get a chance to go to the Itchy Butt Chicken Shack, I would recommend it with 5 Stars for the taste and another 5 Stars for the name of the place.
The half chicken meal is $12 and should last you 2-3 meals. If you have a family of 4-5, you can get one whole chicken for about $24, comes with some extra cheese sticks, might be worth it next time I stop by the Itchy Butt.
Itchy Butt is located at: 1229 Keeaumoku St. near Kinau and the Cartwright Neighborhood Park. In Makiki. Phone: 808-942-4845. Hours vary, but come close to 10a-11p Monday thru Sunday. I do notice they close a bit earlier on Sunday evenings.
Here’s a picture of their infamous Sign. When I await my freshly fried delicacies. I stare at the sign and wonder: Did they peel that sign on purpose to make it look like the feathers from a Chicken? I suspect not, but it’s a cute added touch that makes this place the tastiest chicken shack on the island.
See you on the Streetz
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
- The Flapping Grey Belts and Gray Accoutrements
- The Funky Black material for the vampy Blade inspired looks. Seems too thin and a bit tacky
- Frilly, Textured, Flowery, Material
- Lack of Ability to Spot the Celebs in Attendance
Y-3 is the Only Brand You Need
Runway Show Paris Fashion Week March 2019
If I could choose only one brand it would be Y-3. It can be worn at an upscale event, brunch, a Sporting event, on the streetz or even for lounging around the crib on a Sunday afternoon. Usual colors are Black + White and even when other colors are positioned in, they tend to look pretty nice.
The clothes are always made with superior high quality. Every pair of Y-3 pants I own are sturdy, solid and clean. I can actually feel the high standard of tailorshp that goes into them, when I wear them.
Although they can run a tad big at times. I do own a piece or 2 that are a bit big. If you get a chance, try them on. Pro Tip: SSENSE tends to have the best on-line sales. And Bloomingdale’s is the place to go for selection, quantity and to try the goods on for your fit. You may need to size down 1-2 sizes dependent on the year the Y-3 clothes are from. For this show they did run a tad Big. You can also catch Y-3 on the Adidas site, where you will find a pretty decent array of clothing and All of this season’s shoes.
- Comfy Flow
- Fluid Clean
- Oversized Fun Flair Street
- Black + White Layering upon Layer
- The YOHJI Track Jacket & Tees
- Melange of Exotic Swirling Colors
- White on Black Adidas Stripes Poppin’ like some Jiffy Pop
- The Kicks
- The Music during the Show
- The Orange, Black, White, color blocked Track Suit and Jumper
- The Unfazed Attendees
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Kim Jones Scores for Dior F/W 2019
Get ready to wear Dior in Fall/Winter 2019. Some really nice tailored, polished clothing along with kicks and bags that ooze with spectacle and style. The collection is futuristic just enough to coordinate well within the Dior Aesthetic. Very wearable from work to the Hi-end club.
Check out the Highlights, Lowlights, the short :30 video if you’re in a hurry and the longer Runway show. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. See you on the Streetz!
- Tailored + Polished with a bit of Punk
- Kim Jones Designed
- Dope cross body bags and backpacks
- Even more dope: Circular Duffel bag (And I’m much more of a shoes guy than a bag man).
- Shiny, comfy black Shoes
- Nice fabrics, mostly the wool’s and scuba inspired
- Punk Rock influenced Accouterments
- Blacks, Greys, + Browns
- Harness’ and plenty of pockets (Very on Trend)
- Long black bondage gloves
- Shiny wrinkly trouser fabrics
- Long whispery scarves (Yes the scarf is a hot item for 2019/2020, I’m just not too into them)
- Sweater material instead of T shirt fabric
- White, Taupe and Light Blue
Soundtrack: Remixed Daft Punk
Movement: Instead of walking down a runway, the models stood on a catwalk conveyor belt.
Dior Men’s F/W 2019/20 Runway Show
Like Walking on Pillows-David Tourniaire-Beauciel
The designer of the oh so famous Balenciaga Triple S kicks is the mastermind behind these New Funky, Chunky, Post Space-Age Kicks-53045. They feature a pretty cushy looking bouncy sole and come in eye popping colors including Popsicle Blue (Ice), Bright Orange Blast (Flame), Blacked out Black (Black) and White (White). With a Highlighter Yellow (Acid) color coming soon as mentioned on their IG.
French Designer, David Tourniaire-Beauciel has lots of good things to say about the kicks. They are Like slippers, and similar to walking on pillows. They do look pretty comfy from the computer. Would like to try a pair on to see how they feel. So far, you can get them on-line at SHOES53045. If you have a chance to wear them, let us know how they look/feel in the comments section. See you on the Streetz!
Uniqlo on Oahu!
Ala Moana:Grand Opening
Saturday September 28, 2018-Honolulu, HI
Uniqlo is reaching the Beaches and Rockin’ the shores! The Brand New Uniqlo at Ala Moana Center on the Island of Oahu is open for business! Here’s a Sneak Peak of this friendly, fashion forward, priced nice, new store.
The Day I arrive on my yearly December trip to NY, the 3rd stop right off the plane is Uniqlo on 5th Avenue. Even though, I have their heat-tech garments. I go there to get a 2nd or 3rd set and hang out to people watch. It’s a very colorful, fun store with lots of action.
The Hawaii store is also colorful and fun. But instead of Heat-Tech garments, the go to piece des resistance here is the Comfortable Rayon Aloha Shirt. They have about 6 different patterns to choose from. They are comfortable, on trend and priced really nice at just $29.90.
I bought the Black shirt with white flowers, and may go back to get the blue and white or the White, black and Red (The Uniqlo branded color way-at least that’s what I would label it as). And you know what? These shirts, aren’t available on 5th Avenue in NYC. They are Hawaii Exclusives. So that is pretty Awesome right there! Locals and tourists have access to some really nice shirts at excellent prices.
Here’s some of the fun things you can see in the store. It’s like a mini museum of Aloha wear.
If you get a chance to check out the new store say yellow to Joseph. Very friendly & helpful. We even received a free Uniqlo Tote bag with this nifty secret pocket inside. *As we came in to the store, we were given Free Fans and balloons. Was a fun trip to the new store!
They have this really cool graphic Aloha Shirt hanging at the store. I did ask if it was for sale. They said not now, maybe one day. It has some nice Japanese elements and futuristic design in it. What do you think? Special Limited Edition? It reminds me a bit of Takashi Murakami’s work. BTW: They do have some pretty dope Murakami T’s in the Keiki Section of the store!
See you on the Streetz! Sunday, it’s the Clippers in Hawaii, The Hale Aina Awards and then maybe on Monday, back to Uniqlo for another Hawaii Exclusive Aloha Shirt. LMK if you want me to pick one up and send it to you. I’m sure, you’ll be delighted to Rock it!
The Newest Streetzblog Creation
The AHOLA Shirt-Pro Bowl Edition F/W 2018-19
I needed a slight break in the action of Non Stop creations from Scratch. So, took an old plaid shirt from Target and a pretty new Pro Bowl Aloha shirt, combined the 2 and created the AHOLA Shirt. Over time it will Morph & Fray, which will give it even more Flavor. This side project took about 15 hours to complete. 3/7/18
For some reason, I thought this would take a couple of hours to complete. But it’s a bit more intricate. Here’s the process:
- Draw shapes on the front with Pink or Light Blue Pencil
- Cut out the Aloha print fabric to fit, pin on front if you have time. You can skip pinning on the front, but I like to do it, to see how it will look
- Then take each piece off the front and carefully pin to the inside. This is actually the most important step. You need to pin each piece in place with many pins. If you’re lazy on this step, you will end up with an ugly pinched up shirt. Take your time and pin each piece precisely
- Sew each piece on the inside of the shirt. Do the Back First, then the front then the sleeves
- The Reveal! This is my favorite part. Be very careful, pinch fabric on the front and make a very small hole. Then take some really sharp small scissors and cut the shapes out
- Pro Tip: On the Sleeves, I carefully cut out slits. THEN sew lines thorugh the area, so that it will only fray in certain areas. This is also fun to do. And will give your creation some expensive looking frays as it morphs through each wash and wear.
- Press Shirt and Wear it on Aloha Friday
See you on the Streetz…blog!