Tokyo Olympics XXX11 Tokyo, Japan 7/23/21
Been looking forward to Live blogging the Opening Ceremony since the last Olympics. Will catch as many teams as I can and show you what they’re wearing, a bit of editorial and some info on who designed which team.
Time for the Live Blog NOW!
TOP HIGHLIGHTS. JAPANESE SINGER MISIA DRESSED IN A BRIGHT RAINBOW COLORED DRESS BY TOMO KOIZUMI. TONGA’S TONGA PITA TAUTATAFUA ALL OILED UP. AND ITALY’S PAC-MAN MEGA MEME CLOTHING.
- GREECE: Two athletes. Nice shimmery pleated skirt. Plain blue suit on the man.
- IOC REFUGE TEAM: Boring-Corporate blue suits with blue ties and white masks. At least you could see their eyes smiling through their masks with joy. (11 different nations)
- Iceland: Wore their track suits to the ceremony. Had Hi-Tech masks ans some popping hair cuts. But tracksuits to a World-Wide Fashion show?
- Ireland: More sweat suits. Forest Green on top and blue on the bottoms. Look like they wanted to hook up their sponsor-Adidas during the Ceremony. The tops were actually kinda nice.
- Azerbaijan: Nice streetwear type side stripes on pants. With matching stripe on the suits. Kinda a bit disheveled like they already had their tailgate experience prior to the walk. LOL
- Afghanistan: Plain blue suits, white shirts and red ties and matching pocket square.
- United Arab Emirates: White on white on white.
- Algeria: Tailored dark blue suits with blue and white custom basks. Nice haircuts.
- Argentina: Well so far, we either have blue suits or tracksuits. They are stoked to be there! Here’s another team with blue blazers, white shirts and white pants. So far, pretty underwhelming for the fashionista.
- Aruba: Pretty fancy custom green and blue blazers with matching hats.
- BEFORE WE GO ON TO THE NEXT, I JUST NOTICED THEY ARE CALLING THIS THE 2020 OLYMPICS. Not sure what is up with that. It’s 2021. I guess a bizarre covid filled 2020-21 comes with the territory
- Armenia: More tracksuits. White zippered tops and blue baggy bottoms
- Angola: Look a bit like a classic doll purchased from the tourist store. Sorry bout that. W apologize ahead of time. But those big oversized ruffles on the shoulders. Fashion Police Alert.
- Antiqua and Barbuda: All their shirts were mismatched. Dark blue suiting with colorful striped ties.
- Andorra: 2 people just dressed in their own clothes. I think.
- Japanese Cheerleaders: Went for it. black and white fronts. Yellow backs and yellow hats. looks like they had fun designing these culture specific pieces of clothing. They are featured throughout the parade
- Yeman: Red track tops and blue track pants. Pretty basic. Man, are they moving fast now. Hard to keep up. And hey, why does Y come after the A’s?
- Israel: Hight tech tops, white pants and shorts. The best masks yet.
- Italy: Giorgio Armani designed white, red and green uni’s. Many on twitter saying its an ode to Pac-Man. “Eating up the competition” Definitely made a statement. Untypical Giorgio Armani, possible Armani Exchange influenced. Well, same person does it all. I suspect someone youthful or with a youthful spirit did these designs. One of the stand outs for sure. Oh, and nice Kicks. Tri-Colored. Wouldn’t mind getting a pair of them.
- Iraq: Tan pants. Adidas track jackets. Look a little lost?
- Iran: Classic cultural attire. Cheap disposable masks?!?!
- India: The ladies have: Pants with skirts on top. Men have nice Nehru jackets that are pretty dope with bold classic expensive looking Gold buttons.
- Indonesia: White suits with bright red shirts. red and white masks to match
- Uganda: a bit too much going on
- Ukraine: Sporty. High-Tech tops. Light blue shorts. The bright yellow fanny packs are a nice touch. When worn around the neck not the waist.
- Uzbekistan: Interesting green and white jackets. White shirts, pants and white sox.
- Uruguay: Ok, I’m running low on fumes now. With more track suits. Seems to be the theme for this year
- Great Britain: Ahhh. They upped the game on the tracksuit. I’m liking the red and white pinstripes on the jacket sleeves. If you’re gonna go track suit here’s how it’s done. Matching belts too. Mostly blue masks with one lady wearing 2-3 odd masks
- U.S Virgin Islands: BBI 50 meter free. One person I think. Went by really quickly
- They’re going too fast now. And so much negativity from the announcers and jocks about how there arent anyone there to watch them. Too much complaining. We will keep it as positive as we can going forward. But…
- Netherlands: Nice pin striped with orange suit jackets. I’d rock these
- Ghana: Signing, happy and proud to be there.
- Cape Verde:
- Kazakhstan: More blue suits. But some nice bold white stripes.
- Qatar: White on white on white.
- Canada: Bright red Satin jackets..hmm interesting.
- Gabon: Plain track jackets and pants. Once again more Adidas. Wonder where Nike is at?
- Cameroon: Colorful. Funny brown bags
- North Macedonia:
- Cyprus: There’s Nike. Bright blue Polo shirts. Boring.
- Cuba: Nice jackets, should make it a suit. the pants are silly
- Kiribati: Blue shorts and blue T shirts with pink flowers. hmmm
- Kyrgystan: Pretty slick looking long Nehru jackets with classy patterns on top. I like these. Cool hats too. Very Exquisite. The announcer said they Turned it Out..which they did. Ranks top 3 so far.
- Guatemala: Khaki pants (ugh) and blue jackets white hats
- Guam: Aloha shirts and black pants. Look like they work for Hawaiian Airlines.
- Kuwait: White on white on white again.
- Cook Islands: Fun attire. nice patterns. Fancy hats. Shell Lei. Earrings. They had fun putting together their clothing
- Grenada: Track suits with fluorescent flair. Colorful masks
- Croatia: Red dresses like towels? strangely cut. Nice attempt. Almost, just not quite right
- Cayman Islands: Their own clothes
- Kenya: Ok so here’s some FLAIR. Plaid dresses and shirts in bright red and blue. I like these uniforms. Nicely Done!
- Cote D’Ivoire: Cool greens and oranges. Nice color-way for the show + for some kicks
- Costa Rica: Militaristic jackets white pants, pinstripe button down shirts
- Kosovo: More track suits
- Comoros: Robes in gold
- Saudi Arabia: Aah this is the Japanese alphabet, that’s why things seem out of order. Yet they are in order in Japan.
- Sao tome and Pricipe: Flow Green. Not sure where this is. I think I heard the announcer say he didn’t know either..
- Zambia: Green and Orange. Go nice together.
- San Marino: Suits
- Russia or Roc: Men: Suits. Women: Rad Robes with a bit of Japanese flair
- Sierra Leone: Blue and green leaf jackets. Matching masks that are very nice
- Jamaica: Puma in the house. Look like they are here to win track and field. No messing around. Eye of the Tiger/Winner.
- Georgia: Oversized jackets. Interesting look
- Syria: Only 6 people. Grey pants. Polo shirts.
- Singapore: Khaki pants (ugh again) blue ties, blue masks, red blazers. I do not like Khaki pants, here, nor there, or anywhere. Save them for the State Farm Commercials.
- Switzerland: Muted red dirt. Interesting color-way
- Sweden: Women: Yellow on Yellow on Yellow. Men are blue on blue on blue
- Sudan: Traditional clothing
- Spain: Not sure what to say? Cropped white jackets
- Sri Lanka: Blue skirts on men and women
- Slovenia: Luka’s team. Went by too fast to see what they were wearing
- Seychelles: Aloha wear
- Senegal: Bright blue. White scarfs. Disposable masks
- Serbia: Pretty sporty. Big cute stripes
- Saint Vincent: Tie-Dye. Wow
- Saint Lucia: A lot going on
- Somalia: Contrasting prints. Kinda cool
- Solomon Islands: Very very nice aloha wear. Dark blue and bright Green. Nice job
- Thailand: Greyish suit tops
- South Korea: Muted Moss Green blazers are quite nice. Great color scheme. I would wear these jackets. Should have gone with matching pants, drop crotch to add some more style points. Had the same old White pants as so many others. With white masks and hats to match.
- Chinese Taipei: Went by too fast
- Tanzania: 3 dressed in their own clothes
- Czech Republic: Polka Dot vests. more white pants. Matching fans. Plain white masks
- Chad: 2 Judo athletes
- China:Red Blazers. Red and yellow masks. Got their mask game on! Some flowery skirts that look on point
- Tunisia: Announcer talking a lot of politics. Ugh. Blue suits.
- Chile: Well this is more than I thought. I may or may not last til the end.
- Denmark: I didn’t see them
- Germany: Adidas tech vests. Now this is different.
- Togo: Bright bright yellow pants
- Dominican Rep: Look a bit like USA in the 1920s
- Turkmenistan: Bright Green jackets. Pants are very modern. I like the pants
- Turkey: White on white with bold red trip and their shoes look petty keen. Red and white.
- Tonga: Show stopper. Flag bearing Oiled man. Takes the show. Gotta be the show stopper for these games.
- Nigeria: Ok? boring
- I’m almost done. computer is slowing down too
- Niger: Hard to see they are interviewing Lilly King and can barely see the clothes
- Nepal: Maroon jackets. White shirts.
- Norway: Look like they are from Norway. Some very sunburned
- Bahrain: Traditional and a bit of Gold Bling. Wonder if it’s real?
- USA: Ralph Lauren Keeps it OG with traditional Navy pants and jacket. Horizontal Striped shirt and custom face masks. I bet this is RLs last Olympics. Gonna Be Off White or Louis V next time around. USA looks very dated and corporate like they didn’t want to try something fun or festive. They are patriotic.
- Papua New Guinea:
- Bermuda: Dope pink Bermuda shorts with matching masks. Good job
- Paraguay: Festive fun stylish shirts. Look hand painted. Great look and on trend
- Hungary: Not really sure they cut them off for a commercia
- Finland: Boring
- Puerto Rico: Red White and blue. A bit Old School
- Brazil: Aloha wear. Seems to be a theme this year.
- Burkina Faso: Nice stripes
- American Samoa: Polynesian wear. Looks High level designer brand
- Virgin Islands:
- Vietnam: Grey pants. Some very nice sleek slick red material for their jackets.
- Benin: Colorful pink aqua and blue
- Belarus: Flight attendants. Oh well
- Belize: Khaki AGAIN! Argh
- Belgium: Wow they went all out on the womens clothign. Bright red with Tokyo written on them. a tad of Steet-vibe
- Poland: Not sure what to think
- Bolivia: Looks like Tommy Hilfiger
- Portugal: They are quite excited. Nice Kicks! actually very nice kicks.
- Hong Kong: Like US going normcore
- Marshall Islands:
- Mali: Chic Bold Robes
- Malaysia: Colorful
- Micronesia: Flight attendants x Aloha Wear
- South Africa: Eclectic Aloha Wear with matching masks
- South Sudan:
- Mauritius: Cropped blue suits. Generica disposable masks
- Mozambique: Trippy pants
- Monaco: Corporate look like Monaco
- Morocco: Ready to rock it out on Christmas
- Mongolia: Interlocutor gold patterns
- Jordan: Expensive looking
- Latvia: Silver metallic. interesting. with grey masks. And some sort of plastic Jacket?
- Romania: Team Romania printed on high tech shirts. Looks a bit 1980s x 2021
- Luxembourg: The best metallic silver jackets of the event. The metallic blasted all the colors of the rainbow
Kenya was top 3. And their Kits are Just as Dope. I’m digging the 3D effect! Might need to cheer for this team.. Or get a jersey if its possible?
See you on the Streetz!
After 9 Years SHM is back with a new Tune and Teaser video. I do like the Teaser Video, but not so sure about the new song? May need to hear it a few more times. What do you think of it? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Haute Couture F/W 2021-22 July 7, 2021
Balenciaga at 10 Avenue Georges V
The Major hype surrounding this show was who attending it and what were they wearing! Especially what was Kanye up to? He had on that funky YZYGAP round puffer jacket in the color black-the same one that was on sale for a few hundred bucks in bright sky blue a few weeks ago. It looked a bit better in black, but still has no zipper or buttons to keep you warm. Then he had his entire face covered with a mask. And to top it off, he wore Adidas Yeezy’s (Foam RNNR’s) with NIKE socks, totally freaking out most snearkerheads. Also in attendance were: James Harden who is now on the board at Saks 5th Avenue. Lil Baby. And a few others listed below.
- Kanye West
- James Harden
- Lil Baby
- Anna Wintour
- Bella Hadid
- Lewis Hamilton-Formula One Driver
Here’s two vids of the celebs arriving. Giving you a feel of the hype surrounding this special Balenciaga Couture Runway Show. Kanye West made a very impressive entrance.
Lil Baby and James Harden had a bit of a run-in with the Paris police a bit later in the night after the show. Something about some funky smells in and around their town car. They seem to be doing alright now.
This was the first Balenciaga Haute Couture Show since 1967. Talk about pressure for the former co-founder of Vetements – Demna Gvasalia. Who took the helm of Creative Director in 2015 succeeding Alexander Wang.
I’m not sure how the show could reach expectations set at such a high level, 50+ years since the last couture show of an amazing brand with such a high pedigree of excellence. Luckily the the success of the Balenciaga sock runner and Triple S sneakers, along with many of the NBA rocking the Balenciaga brand across their chest, made this show right in time with the times. A perfect storm moment to bring back Couture at Balanciaga.
As you’ll notice, some of it is quite wearable and some mostly for the show and art of the day. Especially those domed mushroom hats. They are quite extravagant, but unless you’re going to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, very unwearable.
There is NO music in the Runway show, an ode to the 1950’s + 60’s when Cristobal Balanciaga wanted the clothes to do the talking, walking and rocking. In 2021 it gave us an eerie/scary vibe, some coughs and weird crunching of the clothing. I would have MUCH preferred a Techno + Lounge + a bit of Industrial dance soundtrack. Maybe next time? One could hope!
The clothes featured giant, exaggerated tailoring. Oversized Suits and Bathrobes. Extra Wide shoulders. Faux Fur. Precise and obscure cuts of clothing. Along with a multitude of slicked hair, Coolio cornrows, Tom Cruise eye masks and a sleek black mushroom shaped chapeau pour votre tete.
Could have had more black outfits. But Demna likes his bright yellows, pinks and greens. There’s a bit of underground Vetements humor in the collection, but a bit more classic Balanciaga. Although the long + elongated black suits are probable a bit more Vetements. They are cut nice, but wearing one of those suits to a dinner event would make it hard to eat without getting sauce on your clothes. And some cuts too large and obtruce, they reminded me a bit of a child wearing their moms or dads shoes or clothes.
Having the Kanye hype helped and all in all quite: Fierce and French. A Gothic Paradise, not quite, maybe a Haute Couture version of a Goth in Paris? It was quite an endeavor to take on and do as well as was done. A grande tribute to the past and present it was. Enjoy with a couple bottles of Veuve Clicquot and some macarons and you’ll be good to go!
Demna Gvasalia summed up the day with this quote:
We cannot only look into the future. We have to look into the past to see where we’re going,” he said. “Clothes have a psychological impact on me. I realized they make me happy—and I realized that’s the purpose of fashion. It’s not about the frenzy and buzz—and the white noise, I call it, of the digital mayhem we’re living through. The essence of it is my passion and the tools. I realized that couture is the best way to manifest it. And this is what really turns me on.”Demna Gvasalia
See Rotersand’s OG Gothic Paradise video prepared by Sniper Wells below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Jacuemus: Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway Show
The Jacquemus Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway show takes you on a colorful ride through a Teletubby land filled with Bright Orange, Florescent Pink, Bold yet Light Blue and some nice requisite deep dark monochromatic black. Complete with both menswear and womenswear rocked by super models including Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid.
From the Mountains to the cover of Vogue to the Athleisure bondage bedroom. Jacquemus takes you on a journey thru a multitude of colorful clothing and beautiful people. Giving us a look into the post pandemic Summer of Love Candy Land filled with non-stop Parties.
France’s Simon Porte Jacquemus coed collection can be seen below and pre-purchased now (7/2/21) on their website. Utilizing the pre-order formula, made to take care of the environment while maximizing profits. Just Like Travis Scott and McDonald’s did with their “streetwear” collection.
See the Highlights and the Lowlights and the Video of the full show below:
- Bright Orange and Bright Pink-Love that color combo
- Faux Green Lawn & Faux Blue Sky ala 1990’s Teletubbies TV show
- Shag haircuts + Corn Rows
- Zip upon Zipper Layering-Pretty Dope Effect
- The clean flow + fit of the thin fluescent fabrics
- Athleisure Bondage Vibe
- Tinie Tiny Purses + Big Bold Colorful Backpacks
- The Risque Sexy Ibizaesque Women’s Tops-Bound to sell-out
- Vibrant Colors taking us to into the Summer of Love Post Pandemic Party
- Baggy Brown Cowboy Pants
- Pink Skull cap hood like hat
- Flip-Flop cap ala Underdog
- Thick brown long skirt
- Men’s too tight black and grey striped and orange biker shorts
- Too many different themes
What do you think of the Runway Show? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Paint on Paint on Paint
Clothing companies are great at pushing the boundaries of promotion in the digital age. Check out the video below by Siberia Hills. You won’t see the ubiquitous jumping into pants or flashy graphics. But what we do get is some extraordinary under painting. Await some cool surprises on the bottom layer and the top layer of the painting. Nice way to promote your their clothing line. And check out the matching shirt. For More on Siberia Hills, see more, buy more here
Now if someone could help me with the jumping into clothes thing, LMK in the comments sections. My friend said to jump up and down in front of a door. But that’s all I understood of her directions. LOL! Got a bunch of pants RTW RTS. (Ready to Wear and Ready to Sell!)
The Streetzblog x Street Meat Market Designer Etoile Pants are done. Here’s a few pix of the newest piece of art from Waikiki, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Upcoming project intertwines Aloha shirts and Tees for the Reduce, Recycle, & Retro Chic Collection 2022.
See you on the Streetz!
Ryan Murphy Writer and Producer + Ewan McGregor The Star of the miniseries + the Studio 54 1970s, will equal Big Time D-R-A-M-A
Ewan McGregor of Star Wars and Trainspotting fame will transform into famed American designer-HALSTON. Ryan Murphy is the writer and producer, you know him from American Horror Story and Pose. And from the video below, you can feel Ryan’s dark dramatic vibe all over this upcoming miniseries coming to Netflix on May 14, 2021.
If you think the track on the trailer is familiar, It’s Depeche Mode’s Enjoy the Silence. It, sets an eerie feel for the ensuing drama about to happen throughout the Halston Mini series.
A Bit About Halston
Halston’s early work included designing Jacqueline Kennedy’s famous Pillbox hat that she wore to the inauguration of President Kennedy.
Halston is well known for Hot Pants, Ultrasuede Leisure Suits and Caftans. He also designed for some very High level entities including: the 1976 U.S Olympic Team, the Girl Scouts, The NYC Police department, Avis Rent a Car and Braniff Airlines.
The Mini Series on Netflix
Since Ryan Murphy is involved in the Mini series, we already know there will be some big time drama. And from the looks of the trailer, it will show the rise and tangled, drug fueled fall of Halston’s world. I know from watching another Halston movie, he got so lost, he ended up loosing his own name for a few years in the 80’s.
It should be fun to watch Ewan McGregor romp around Studio 54 with the likes of Liza Minnelli, Bianca Jagger and Andy Warhol. I hope they show the horse prancing around the nightclub.
Check out the trailer below to see what’s in store. The business meeting gives us a funny/unfunny slice of the mega drama about to be unleashed upon us via the special limited Netflix series. I sure hope by sister pays her Netflix bill in May!
And here is a sneak peak of the Streetzblog x Street Meat Market Movie:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
What do you See?
Watch the video above and see what you see? You may see people playing catch with a basketball or you may see something else? Watch the first time with zero expectations and see what you see? Then take a moment and watch again very, very carefully.
Did you see the extra? Let us know in the comments section. Have a nice Day! See you on the Streetz…blog!
You can also ask in the comments section, What should I be looking for? And we’d be happy to assist you. Its pretty fun! Watch and share with your friends and family.
Heaven or Hell…You can Choose
I saw this saying on a shirt in a street stall in Camden, England. It was a #realfake Ed Hardy look alike. And was a bit small for me, but I liked the design and saying so much, I bought it. Never was able to fit into it, but the slogan was a good reminder on how you can train your mind for a good Moment, Day or even year.
Everyday, you have this choice, to have a good day or a bad day. Kelly Clarkson ends her show with: Have a Good Day! And if it’s not, then Change it!
The Blur between Awake and Asleep is where the Magic Happens
Benjamin Hardy PHD, says something along the lines of the blur between your sleep and your awake state is when the best ideas occur. He encourages us to wake up at 5am. I’m the most extreme night person with a 9a-5p job I know, so awaking at 5am is very daunting. Yet, this morning I saw his thoughts in action.
I awoke, meditated for about 5 minutes, then went to brush my teeth. As I did this, the “Poem” below sprang out of my brain so fast, I had to grab a pen and write it all down. And within 4 minutes the “Poem” below appeared on paper. Even the Rhymes came out. I tweaked maybe 2-3 words when I proofed it. But, it ALL did flow in one quick, non stop, powerful stream of words to paper.
Maybe my 9am is like Benjamin’s 5am? Since I didn’t go to sleep until 1am. LOL
In most of the streetzblog posts, they can take an hour to days to weeks to months to do. Especially things like the Longest list of the most Fashionable movies and the Biggest list of Jordan tunes. Those took months.
Here we go with about 4 minutes while I was in the Magical moment between awake and Asleep. Hope you enjoy it!
In the Rubble, the Crumbs, will Rumble
The Stores are closed. Retail Therapy. What is That. The Hunger Games are real. Can you hear the Mockingjay Squeal?
All Dressed up and Nowhere to go. Who will see you. No one. The streetz are desolate. Your friends are in hiding or on their cherished Screen. Will anyone Hear you when you Scream!
They say it will get better, Believe. You. Me. It will. A different better. Probably. Masks all Day. Fallin’ Trees. Burnt down homes. And stores no More. Will we See the Rise from the new Norm?
Yes we will. And we Can. Just Wait a few more weeks to remove your Mask. And see Smiling Faces, New Places and the Dawn of New days. Different. Better. Worse. Yes to all of the above. You see What you want to See. Please try and See and Imagine the Best. Most Happy for You and for me!
Streetzblog Date: 10/20/20-Author: Scott Mackenzie
Balenciaga Spring Summer 2021 Paris Fashion Week (October 5, 2020)
The World feels a bit better now with this show. Slick, nice music, real streetz, Paris at Nuit. Aaaah, feeling good today. Check out the Balenciaga S/S 2021 Runway show and the Streetzblog Hi-Lights and Low-Lights below:
- The dark streetz
- The womens wear especially the silver dress and bright outfit and the slashed/ripped dress
- The silver phone case necklaces
- The Music. Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart. Sounds like it was remastered and a few extra beats added to the OG. Fits the vibe like a glove
- The Sunglasses. The Big Black versions!
- There’s a pair of shoes somewhere in here that has actual springs on them. Pro Tip: They are called the X-Pander, the latest and greatest street sneaks from Balenciaga.
- The Setting-Paris and the Eiffel Tower
- The Yellow E’s Good on Halloween Smiley Face T
- The crisp cool lighting and Electro vibe of the video
- Some of the guys clothes-looked too 1990’s and cut off jeans?
- No Masks
- Need a close up of the sneakers with the springs
- More Post Apocalyptic. Has the setting the music the vibe, but not the clothes
- Faded Jeans
- Bulky parkas and long trenches
Also, be sure to look over the credits at the end. Very detailed information about social distancing, sanitizing and even info on how the snacks and food was served and eaten.
Note for later: The Date on this show is October 5, 2020.
We are now really and Officially in the Blade Runner/Mad Max reality world. The FUTURE is NOT later, it is NOW.
See you on the Streetz!