Interesting how such a big brand ended up on the island of Oahu. I saw on their IG that they would be here one day before the runway show. Next I knew, they were here and did their show. Amazing how they can get the photos so crisp and clean. Suspect they used real cameras and not iPhones. It does show you what is possible.
Celebs in attendance and on Island in March 2022: Sza, Nicole Scherzinger, Jhene Aiko, Bretman Rock and Blackpink’s Jennie. Strange I haven’t seen anyone around town this week. Maybe they are staying on the North Shore?
Not gonna do Highlights and Lowlights for this show, will just show you the pix from the Show: Hopefully it will add some warmth and color to your world today.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Baleniciaga 360 Show Winter 22 Collection
Wowza! Demna is on fire and as cold as ice.
The Balenicaga show is set in a monochromatic cavernous area, maybe a hockey rink? With man made snow drenching each and every model as they try and traverse the complicated terrain. Inching ever closer to the promised land. Dressed in blacked out everything-shirt, jacket, pants, boots, cap and sunglasses. With the white snow, the blacks pop so ever nicely.
They have slick extra wet hair to match their surroundings as they push further into the exterior boundaries, fleeting through their snowy escape, to some-where and no-wear. Drawing on the past of Demna’s experience in the 1993 Russia x Georgia war, brings this show into the here and now with what is happening in Ukraine.
On a happier note, I can’t wait until we see people paying $1,500 for their own Balenciaga Garbage Bag. Be it in Black, White, Powder Blue..or I could even see a limited edition version done up with the yellow and black Balenciaga caution tape. Now, that would be a bag to have. And will make Balenciaga an even bigger bag filled to the brim with cashola!
To get the look on the cheap will be super easy, unlike other replicants that can take months to make, you just need some standard Hefty bags and some oversized sunglasses.
In a way I missed seeing what the crowd was wearing, but at the same time, it didn’t matter much with a show this extraordinary.
The show is brilliant, amazing, emotional, in the now, pure genius level idea and execution.
This is not just a show of clothes or a great setting in the snow. It’s a moving, emotional portrayal of what some are going through or witnessing in their worlds right now. (March 2022)
- The triple Blacked out black on black on black clothing and accessories
- Black and Yellow Balenciaga Caution Tape
- The setting and the music
- The man-made SNOW!
- The models method acting their walks..some off balance, some even looked a bit tipsy, wonder if anyone fell?
- The oversized sunglasses, chokers and earrings. Loud and Big, great to show off in
- Quadruple pocket shirts
- Bellowing black Goth Capes
- The Garbage bags: It will be fun to see who purchases their thousand dollar Kitchen bag
- The Frilly fringe textured pant suit
- Dangling western wear strands of materials
- Awkward over sized black boots. That snow is gonna go straight into them, making your feet very wet and cold
- The Garbage bags: Will people really carry these around? The answer is YES, they will and they will pay $1500 or more to do it. Hopefully they will add some gold Balenciaga garnishes to the finished product
Music: Like 3 chapters in a book or 3 phases of a speech, the music adds to the ambiance of the event. It’s an element that is needed to convey the message and vibe of the show full circle.
David Kadouch-Slavonic Dances in E Minor: Beautiful poignant classical music. Filling the senses with serenity and peace
BRFND-360: Some hard core techno to blast you out of your arm chair to take action in your life world and affairs.
BFRND-Storm: Slightly cheesy 90’s rave culture. Lets get to the promised land now to be happy. Or be happy now wherever you are, whatever you are doing. Its your mind that puts you into your emotion, not the outside circumstances. Be happy now wherever you are, even in the midst of chaos, war or a bad snow storm.
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future!
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future! What did you think of the show? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
It’s 20 degrees outside, all the heat is on the inside being worn by some of the best athletes in the World. Let’s see which fashion houses came out for this years Opening Ceremony.
Prelude: Stunning computer and real life graphics that look Ultra 4k crisp and clear even on my TV. My TV looks like a TV on display at Costco! Unbelievable. Next up, Fabulous, Luminescent florescent green extra long glow stix. A crackling of fireworks. And the festivities have begun.
Pretty large crowd, yet not sold out. Majority are wearing KN95 and N95 masks.
Rushing river blasts from sky onto the floor of the giant stadium. The Floor is now a Huge 3D LED graphic area. Computer generated ice block emerges on to the flat service. Lasers, Techno and brightly colored futuristic graphics now fill my screen. Some very advanced computer graphics that look unbelievably stunning. The Ice melts revealing the 5 rings which float into the indoor heavens. The floor to the stadium becomes a giant stage. Let the games begin!!
Australia, Mexico, South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games! Those were the best Opening Ceremony unis if you’re into street wear or fashion in general. From Camo to Skulls to Intricate Squiggly lines, they are the clear cut favorites for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games!
- Greece: Dark Blue on Light Blue. 4F branded gear
- Turkey: White jackets with Black pants and caps. Nice graphic on the backs of the jackets
- Malaysia: Army Green parkas. Kinda’ digging the look.
- Jamaica: Puma branded dark green parkas with Flo-Green pants
- Belgium: Bright red jackets. with some weird stripes on the shoulders. Yuk.
- Japan: Red on red with white pants. No creativity this year
- Chinese Taipei: Standard Red White and Blue gear
- Hong Kong: Bright white parkas
- Denmark: Red puffers white pants white hats. Mask game on point with the red and white flag imagery
- Ukraine: Now those are some nice jackets. Colorful orange and blue geometric patterned. Very nice. I think they are ACG? They showed Putan sitting alone in the stands-looks like he may have jet lag?
- Brazil: Peak gear, fairly boring
- Pakistan: One athlete. 238 Million people live there. Must be pretty HOT outside
- Israel: Blue on Blue on Blue with a bit of white
- Luxembourg: Dark Blue and light blue over sized long puffers
- Belarus: A bit of style points with matching hats and scarves
- India: More thick red puffer jackets
- Note: The LED floor is very spectacular. Crisp cool colors w/ 3D imagery. Pretty amazing!
- Canada: Dark red puffers, which seem to be layer upon layers of puffer. They will be toasty warm. Some ultra puffy scarves with Canada embossed on them, look different + interesting. Effort was put into their stylish attire. Lululemon
- Spain: 8 patches on darkly colored jackets
- Iran: Interesting green and red patterns on top white. Interesting
- Hungary: Mint green hats and gloves. White jackets with red and green trim
- Iceland: Never won a medal on ice. Very normal clothing.
- Finland: Ahh a new color. They are all decked out in sleek two toned grey jackets with specialized white buttons. Grey sweats for the guys and grey pleated skirts for the ladies. Glad to see something different
- Italy: Green, white and Red Cape designed by Giorgio Armani
- Note: The music sounds like something people listened to in the 1950s. Classical and big band. Not very hip. *We are not in London that’s for sure
- Latvia: 4F brand. Long white puffers. Look like doctors ready to go to work with the the scalpel
- Great Britain: Flag/Union Jack sweaters. Some somewhat hip jackets with hoods. Not as good as past years. Ben Sherman
- Romania: Peak gear. Red spring jackets, they are going to be C-O-L-D
- Russia/ROC: Ombre colored Puffers that go from Grey to light blue with squiggly black lines. Someone put some effort into these jackets. A stand-out fashion piece of this years games. The best effort so far for sure
- France: Blue White and Red in a different formation of color. Nice tri-colored hoods. Looking French!
- Poland: White on white on white with the word Polska on their backs in red
- Bosnia: Bright blue and black jackets with some dope 3m trip that pops nicely
- Yep music is old and weird. they are now playing the Long Ranger theme song
- Norway: Long white puffers in white. Seems to be the theme of this years games. Long puffers
- Kazakhstan: Holding their scarves above their heads like they are protesting something. Heard that gas prices are quite high there, maybe that’s why?
- USA: Red White and blue. Mismatched jackets. Looks like Polo. Weird thing is people are wearing different clothes. Not the same as each other. So not sure what is up here. They seem to be disjointed and have the biggest flag out of everyone at the games so far. Polo/Ralph Lauren. Look for additional gear from Spyder, Kith, Skims and even Volcom!
- American Samoa: Oiled man body. No jacket, this guy must be COLD
- Music update: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
- Netherlands: I’m a sucker for Orange and blue. So I like their bright Fila puffers. The orange is nice and bright just as I like it
- Where is the China Team? I’m getting a little tired. Its 3am and I have work at 9am. But we are for sure LIVE this year. The Batman movie commercial looks really good. I may need to check it out
- Czech Republic: Long white jackets again. this time with some e patterned stripes. Nice effort, but just looks a bit off
- Slovenia: White jackets with florescent green mittens. Fun!
- Lindsey Vonn is on telling us its a hard decision to walk in the OC. Whatever. The athletes are like 22 years old. I’m sure they love it. and it’s not going to mess with their performance. OMG. To be 20-30 years old, there should be zero complaining about doing things. We used to go out till 4am and make it to work by 9am. And never missed a beat.
- South Korea: Aaaah. I like these puffers. White with lots of black squiggly lines. They have the best jackets for street wear. And black pants Winners! Jackets designed by the North Face with inspo from the Taebaek mountains
- Chile: Boring. Looks a tad 80’s. no effort put into this
- Austria: Look like they look every year
- Switzerland: Almost all in red with a thick white stripe down the middle of their chest. Lots and lots of flags
- Sweden: Dark blue light blue withe bright yellow accents
- New Zealand: Looks like they are wearing fur?
- Mexico: Wow! They are wearing white puffers with Big black skulls on them. Wow! Just Wow! I may need to get one of these jackets. The stand out for street and half-pipe riders worldwide. I could see skateboarders in these jackets too. Nice! Glad I stayed awake for these!!
- Germany: Black jackets, pops of fluorescent Yellow and a tad of red
- Australia: Ok some HEAT. Dark green and light green camo puffer jackets with bright yellow trim. I like it!!! A for sure would wear jacket. Designed by Karbon. Australia and Mexico and South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games!
- China: Very classy. Exquisite actually Nice modern yet classic yellow graphic on thier usual red colored jackets. Looks High End Classy. I like it
See you on the Streetz…blog!
BTS MAP OF THE SOUL SHOW CASE IN HAWAII Pop-Up Shop Media Event 12/17/21
I was honored and excited to attend the special BTS Media Event today 12/17/21 at the BTS Pop-Up Shop at Ala Moana Center. We were able to shop for one hour prior to the store opening to the Public. It was way funny to watch the 40 age++ crowd trying to decide which figurine to get. There are 7 to choose from and they all change their hair color every 5 minutes. But looked like everyone got what they wanted and a good time had by all.
They had BTS Figurines, Pens, Booklets, Purple Holiday Items, shirts, and even a very DOPE Black Swan Flannel shirt. Most people bought the figurines and the pens with the faces of the BTS Starts on them. Mahalo to Alan Yamamoto and Sascha Koki for the invite. I had a really fun time playing around in the interactive store! And bought some figurines and pens. Maybe next time the Flannel shirt! The Pop-Up Shop is open now thru March 2022 At Ala Moana Center near Target.
See you on the Holiday Streetz…blog!
Pantone has declared the color of 2022 as Very Peri. It’s a fusion of purple/violet with a tad of blue
Virgil Abloh’s has been using it In the latest Louis collections. Lady Gaga flaunted the exquisite Very Peri ball gown for one of the House of Gucci premieres. It looks like it’s Ariana Grandes favorite color and even Sarah Jessica Parker is getting into the color sheen
You’ll be seeing even more of the color on the Streetz since Pantone has declared it the Go to color for 2022. I’m getting a free and festive vibe from it. Let’s all do our best to make 2022s vibe of the world match the hue of the year. Party like it’s 1999 or 1976 or maybe even 2042
See you on the magical 2022 Streetz swirling in sweet colorful cotton candy, loud Techno, a tad of drum and bass, a couple teletubbies and unicorns in matching jumpsuits in Very Peri
Enjoy pix from the movie and the the premiere of House of Gucci 11/24/21
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Thursday November 18, 2021 Los Angeles,CA
|ONLY IN THEATERS NOVEMBER 24|
House of Gucci is inspired by the shocking true story of the family behind the Italian fashion empire. When Patrizia Reggiani (Lady Gaga), an outsider from humble beginnings, marries into the Gucci family, her unbridled ambition begins to unravel the family legacy and triggers a reckless spiral of betrayal, decadence, revenge, and ultimately…murder. Director: Ridley Scott Screenplay: Becky Johnston and Roberto Bentivegna Story: Becky Johnston Based on the Book: “The House of Gucci” by Sara Gay Forden Producers: Ridley Scott, p.g.a., Giannina Scott, p.g.a., Kevin J. Walsh, p.g.a., Mark Huffam, p.g.a.Executive Producers: Kevin Ulrich, Megan Ellison, Aidan Elliott, Marco Valerio Pugini, Aaron L. Gilbert, Jason
Rated R for language, some sexual content, and brief nudity and violence
Site | Facebook | Giphy | Instagram | TikTok | Twitter
House of Gucci stars: Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Salma Hayek, Jack Huston, Camille Cottin and Al Pacino.
What they wore to the LA premiere:
- Lady Gaga: High-End Sequin Gown-Valentino
- Al Pacino: Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello. Check out his kicks from the look I saw seems like they are sneakers!!
- Jared Leto: Gucci from the S/S Love Parade collection. At the LA premiere he wore the bright pink tux. Check out the Gold pants zipper, looks a little bit streetzblog inspired. He’s been showing up everywhere with major Gucci Heat! Fit on point
- Ashley Tisdale: Gucci all Night Long. Nice oversized Gold belt buckle on the black dress. Other than Jared my favorite look
- Rachel Zoe: Vibrant Yellow Dress by Gucci
- Vanessa Bryant: Gucci Cape & Gucci Mini Bag
- Yvonne Orji: Pink Pant Suit by Rebecca Vallance with Louboutin Heels
- Salt n Peppa: The very Stylish Giant Gold Gucci belt buckle
The bag I will be rocking to the Hawaii premiere of the House of Gucci
See you on the House of Gucci Streetz…blog!
Gucci Gucci Fake No!
We are getting very near to the premiere of House of Gucci. As we get closer, more and more becomes available to the media. Check out this clip below. Gucci goes there, yep. They delve into the #fakesnotreal history of their bags and belts. Way back in the 80’s. Fakes have come a long way since the 1980’s and are a prevalent theme on the Streetzblog. Check out this heated exchange between two of the main characters. It’s deliciously perfect!
Adam Driver: “As far as Fakes go, they are pretty good..I’d buy them”
Lady Gaga: “This is Serious…Our Name Sweet Pea…on JUNK”
House of Gucci in theaters 11/24/21. See you on the House of Gucci.. Streetz!
DSQUARED2 Spring/Summer 2022 Men’s and Women’s Runway Show-September 26, 2022
DSQUARED2 brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2022. The Clothes, the setting and the music all provided an entertaining event. But Dang! Tonight I missed sewing class. Worked on a WORK project from 5p-8p. I never miss sewing class, that is sacred time for me. Takes me forever to complete a project and missing a week throws me all off base. I bring up class because I know how hard it is to make those custom patch Jeans and cargo’s. It’s probably worth your $700-$1200 that they may charge for them. A lot of work goes into that fit
I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Up-Beat, Fun, Driving the show Forward, with some interesting intrinsic hidden meanings that matched the clothes. If you hear it a few times, you may notice it. Very nice music! The show gives us a vibe from the 1990’s Club Kid Era with modern cuts and colors appropriate for the “hopeful” Post Pandemic world we should be in Spring/Summer 2022
The show brought joy and fun to the Runway. Some dope pants for both Men and Women, all three, the cargo’s, jeans and the sliced and diced chrome collection. Oversized green camo with bright Orange Linings-A never miss duo. That’s in my top 10 for sure. The black boots with white laces and the overall vibe of the show was very positive and entertaining from start to finish. I may cut my air like the Asian man model. And did that shirt really say Boy Bitch on it!! LOL BTW: Not sure what the song is called, here is the info on who provided it @adrianoalboni But as of 9/29/21 there are no posts on his IG site. A great time for him to get noticed, but I guess he wants to stay UG (Underground) If any one knows the name of the tune, please let us know in the comments section below
As per usual, we watch the show, then do the Highlights and the Lowlights. Here they are for the DSQAURED2 S/S 2022 show:
- Green Camo with bright Orange Linings
- the Music My favorite part of the show
- Black Combat boots with white laces
- Ripped Chrome Mens and Womens pants. Especially the Bronze colorway
- Greenish Blue cargos. Not exactly sure of the color but I’d rock them
- the Graffiti
- Patch Jeans and Patch cargos
- White Cargos with black stripe
- the Club Kid Crown
- Butterfly wings on the guys
- Shorts just about 2.2 inches too short
- they walked way to fast for my brain to catch up with the clothes
- the Club Kid Crown…yep it made both categories. Kinda nice Ode to Michael Alig (RIP) and the NYC Club kids, but also looked a bit flimsy and it’s always been too dorky for my taste
And if you want to see how far DSQUARED2 has traveled and progressed, see the F/W 2012-13 show below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!