IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
Get Your Last Dance Fix Here
Over 55 Songs with a Michael Jordan Reference in them (60) As of Memorial Day Monday: May 25, 2020
If you didn’t get enough of The Last Dance. Here’s a Giant list of Michael Jordan songs you can listen to as you continue re-live the momentous moments of the G.O.A.T
Biggest List of Michael Jordan Songs Listed below:
1. Ice Cube-It Was A Good Day: Which Park are y’all playin’ basketball? Get me on the court and I’m in trouble. Last week. Fricked around and got a Triple Double. Freakin’ n’s every way. Like MJ. I can’t believe today was a good day (1992)
2. Jay-Z-Show Me What You Got: Shots of Patron, now she’s in the zone. I ain’t talking about the two-three. Mami in the zone like the homie 2-3. Jordan or James, makes no difference. Boo I’m balling the same. I am the Mike Jordan of recording. You might want to fallback from recording (2006)
3. Biggie and P. Diddy-Victory: Excellence is my presence, never tense Never hesitant, leave a n’ bent real quick. Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike Anyone — Tyson, Jordan, Jackson action, pack guns, ridiculous (1997)
4. J Cole-I Got It: Ay 1996, my own room now, I’m hangin’ posters up. Holes up in the wall my stepfather said I ain’t supposed to. But I’m hoop dreamin’, hangin up pictures of my idols. Jordan was like Jesus, SLAM was like the Bible I used to read it twice and cut the pictures out Had the Jordan free throw dunk tongue stickin’ out (2009)
5. Jay-Z and Kanye West-N’s in Paris: Ball so hard, since we here. It’s only right that we be fair. Psycho, I’m liable to be go Michael. Take your pick, Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Game 6 (2012)
6. Heavy D, Biggie & Tru Kula-Jam Session: Rebounding, Outstanding, no one surrounding. I’m screwing and doing like I was Ewing. The only one soaring and scoring is Jordan (Ah heh ah heh) He must of had his Wheaties this morning (1994)
7. 2Pac-The Lunatic: Well I raise hell and excel cause it pays well. Jordan couldn’t dunk it any harder, pump it any farther. I’m funky, that’s word to the father (1991)
8. Pete Rock-Don’t be Mad: Don’t be mad because you can’t do what I can. Like when Jordan went up took that shot and switched hands. (With his tongue out) Don’t be mad ’cause you not me (2008)
9. Jay-Z-Encore: As fate would have it, Jay’s status appears to be at an all-time high, perfect time to say goodbye. When I come back like Jordan, wearing the 4-5
It ain’t to play games with you. It’s to aim at you, probably maim you (2003)
10. Big Pun-The Dream Shatterer: Ay-yo I shatter dreams like Jordan, assault and batter your team. Your squadron’ll be barred from rap like Adam & Eve from the garden. I’m carvin’ my initials on your forehead. So every night before bed you see the “BP” shine off the board head (1998)
11. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J–Mike Will Made It 23: Hit it like a free throw, Tongue out like I’m Jordan. I stay showin’ out, my kick game is a beast. I got thirty pair of J’s that ain’t never been released. Flu game 12, Space Jam 11. On the hype beast sick They gon’ need a paramedic. I got trippy. I stay live All this purple in my cup Match them grape 5’s. J’s on my feet J’s on my feet J’s on my feet. So get like me. I be in the club standing on the couch In them Wolf Greys like it’s my house. J’s so fly I should work at Flight Club (2013)
12. Rick Ross Feat. Wale, Meek Mill and J. Cole-Fitted Cap: My Levis, they 501, My snapback is hella bent. My Jordans high-top, snapback fitted cap (Woo!) My Jordans high-top, snapback fitted cap (Woo!) The Rolls-Royce (Huh!), it’s all white (Huh!) (2011)
13. Drake-Back to Back: Yeah, I learned the game from William Wesley, you can never check me Back to back for the n’s that didn’t get the message. Back to back like I’m on the cover of Lethal Weapon. Back to back like I’m Jordan ’96, ’97 whoa. Very important and very pretentious (2015)
14. Lil Wayne feat Euro and T-Live Life: I hit the block, talk sh*t, roll a few stogies Pop a bar, kill a lil’ time on my Rollie David Copperfield, I make a hundred disappear, Like I know Magic, but ball like Jordan n’ hating on my new deal, James Harden. Rudy Gays up on the coupe, and Black Mambas on the Truck. I’m a dream chaser for stacking cheddar. I’m in my Olympic Dream Team’s Retros Number 7s (2018)
15. Jay-Z-Hova Song (Intro): Jigga the sh*t, even when he rhyme in third person. Hova the God, I should be rappin’ with turban. Haters can’t disturb him, waiters can’t serve him. Mike Jordan of rap – outside J workin. Now watch how quickly I drop 50 (1999)
16. NAS-Street Dreams: Young, early 80’s, throwin’ rocks at the crazy lady.
Worshippin’ every word them rope rockin’ n’s gave me. The street raised me up, givin’ a (B)uck. I thought Jordan’s and a gold chain was livin’ it up. I knew the dopes, the pushers, the addicts everybody. Cut out of class, just to smoke blunts and drink naughty (1996)
17. 2Pac feat Eminem and Ron Isley-Better Days: Tryin’ to keep my head up and stay strong. All my homies slangin’ yayo all day long, But they wrong. So I’m solo and so broke Savin’ up for some Jordan’s, ’cause they dope. I got a girl and I love her, but she broke too. And so am I; I can’t take her to the places she wanna go to. So, we argue and play, fight all day and night. Makin’ passionate love ’til the daylight (2002)
18. Ace Hood-Hope: Growing up I wanted to be like Jordan, Even though I couldn’t really afford it. Who’s to say I can’t be an Obama, A Tiger Woods worth about a billion dollars? (2013)
19. Kanye West feat. Syleena Johnson-All Falls Down: I’ll just stay down herre and do hair. Cause that’s enough money to buy her a few pairs of new Airs. Cause her baby daddy don’t really care. She’s so precious with the peer pressure. Couldn’t afford a car so she named her daughter Alexus (a Lexus)…That’s why shortys hollering “where the ballas’ at?” Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack. And a white man get paid off of all of that (2004)
20. Kendrick Lamar feat School Boy Q-Michael Jordan: I used to want to be like Michael Jordan. Figured I would hit the NBA and make me a fortune. Wayne told me that, and that’s just how it goes. Michael Jordan. Bounce-bounce hoe, bounce-bounce (2010) Warning: Explicit Lyrics
21. Fabolous-Throwback: When I’m in the Chi, you think they ain’t that shocked. To see the kid roll through in the St. Pats Socks. So pull out the Chicago and script to wear on Soul Train. The Bulls, when Mike had hair and a gold chain (2003)
22. Jay-Z and R. Kelly-The Return: Best of both worlds, and we rock the club.
You know what I’m sayin. Boy H-O, Kells, we not playing. Losers lose, so when we does what we do, we win And win again, like deja vu. Then we win again, like MJ do, Three peat, then we retreat to waters that’s blue. Young Scrappy, that’s what grown men do (2004)
23. Group Home-Livin’ Proof: I’m lost, must pay the cost to be the boss. With force, rather get my point across. I’m goin off on the mic insane, out of sight. When I take flight (like who kid?) Like Mike. And you see, I be rollin’ like a battlecat. And I’m ready to rip on my combat (1995)
24. Chief Keef-Kay Kay: Me and my n’s we balling. We don’t do no talking.
I see it, I want it, I bought it. In my closet bout 40, Pulling up in my foreigns. Full of Ignorance. You n’s is boring. I’m balling like I’m jordan (2012)
25. Pusha T-40 Acres: A toothless crackhead was the mascot. The owner of the key to that padlock. I’m Jordan vs Cavs for the last shot. I need all mine, reparations. We growin’ poppy seeds on my 40 acres (2013)
26. Kanye West-Rhymefest/Brand New: Like when Shaq left the Lakers just to “Heat” it up. I state the stats to stunt – I don’t need to front. I make history e’ry day – I don’t need a month. The survey says – by the streetz according, Kanye’s just important as Michael Jordan Was to the NBA, when he was scorin’. Ralph Lauren was borin’ before I wore him (2005)
27. Los-Control (Remix): And while I’m Laughing, they collapse as I’m passin’ em.
Man I’m coming with the K, like they lackin’ potassium. I’m Jordan from the free throw while every frame is in slow mo. And every fan in the stands got the head in they hands like “oh no”. Somebody get the promo, so somebody flick the photo. And somebody stitch the logo, cause I’m bodying this sh*t bro bro (2012)
28. R. Kelly & Jay-Z-The Best of Both Worlds: The best of…Back and forth, back and forth, let’s do it… both worlds (rock for ’em Hov’) It’s not even close, just leave it alone. I’m Michael Jordan, I play for the team I own. Sing to ’em Kel-The best of.. both worlds – ohhhhHHH! (2002)
29. Macklemore x Ryan Lewis-WINGS: On the court I wasn’t the best, but my kicks were like the pros. Yo, I stick out my tongue so everyone could see that logo. Nike Air Flight, book bag was so dope. And then my friend Carlos’ brother got murdered for his Fours, whoa…I was trying to fly without leaving the ground, Cause I wanted to be like Mike, right. Wanted to be him, I wanted to be that guy, I wanted to touch the rim. I wanted to be cool, and I wanted to fit in, I wanted what he had, America, it begins (2011)
30. Currensy-Space Shuttle: Shoe section with so many selections. Jordan 3 Cements, my secret weapon, dead stock, not bootleg, NIKE inspected. Homies, you lookin’ at a fashion detective, who can spot a fake in a second (2009)
31. Jadakiss feat. NaS-What If: What if there was no Rockefeller law for made men? What if hate ran thru me? And what if Portland woulda’ drafted Jordan instead of Sam Bowie? What if you really had to be nice to get a deal? What if all of these rappers ice was really real? What if I hit you wit the razor from cheek to chin? What if Mike Jackson neva’ woulda’ bleached his skin? (2009)
32. Ice Cube-When will they Shoot: Amerikkka’s burnt – it’s like toast. Like Jordan, I’m goin coast to coast. Dribblin the funk, here comes the n’ with the mo F’in monster dunk, get off me punk. Jordan.. watch Jordan, aiyyo, yo watch Jordan .. YES! You better eat your Wheaties (1992)
33. Big L-Let em’ have it L: I make a lot of doe. I’m quick to spot a foe. Even if my grandma violate she gotta go. When I was young I played with guns not a kiddy toy. Cause I’m a ruff rugged gangsta not a pretty boy. Facts on tracks I recite well. Everybody be like Mike, but Mike wanna be like L (1995)
34. The Game Feat. DJ Khlaed, Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous & Rick Ross-Bottles and Rockin’ J’s: Ayo Game, what they do boy It’s DJ Khaled I got my black and red Jordan Retro 6′s on. All I know is bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. With all this money you know where I’m heading. And I’m gonna get the Jordan’s, the patent 11 leathers. They really banging all the way down to the dead end. And I get a couple pair with all this money, I be getting. And I kill ‘em with the bounce, you see the way a n steppin’. And we pop bottles and we rock J’s, see me reppin’. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Smokin’ and sippin’ Spades. Pistol tucked in my Louie, Heated up like I’m Wade. n don’t do LeBron’s, Kobe up on the weekends. Jordan’s Monday through Friday especially when I’m freakin’ Them cool grey’s, that’s Monday Them Space Jams, that’s Tuesday Them Spike Lee’s on Wednesday 23′s in my Benz, eh You know I love them 6′s, especially on my bitches 13′s and them spandex on Thursday, it’s your birthday.
And Friday I ain’t lying, King Of Diamonds I’m in heaven. Red Bone p poppin’ on my black and red 11′s Patent leather when I step in. You know what I’m reppin’ It’s S double O, W Double-O Black number 4′s I ain’t get it from the store. (2011)
35. Dizzy Wright, Honey Cocaine & Kid Ink-Fashion: Yo, Jeremy Scotts or these thirteen (which one’s?) With the wings But I’m fly like Jordan off that first string (can’t decide) Call me fresh prince, With this flattop I’m gonna take you back. Retros with that face to match (2013)
36. Curren$y-Jordan 3’s: That is I, License my flyness. Drop jewels from the sky. That’s my crib Where I live. Walk with these Jordan 3’s, You’ll be aight slick. Peel off like a New Era sticker (2010)
37. Raekwon-Sneakers: So many phat styles , Make a kid’s head fall out. Yo Filas , those too par, I’m supposed to Always keep it real with the selection, holdin’ you Prince black Jordans , K-Swiss gear , remember lottos Stash mad bottles , in the fence.. Ooh the diadora (1999)
38. Wale-Barry Sanders: All my females show bust, Curtis Enis, Nittany lion, my Penn State it, n’s recite it. I’m Michael Jordan major, you n’s Harold Miner…Vic Page never made it, Len Bias never made it. See God gave us the talent, but the devil make us famous My effort is contagious, so check this BOA SHIT. With this recording, I’m as sick as Jordan before Game 6…Now Jordan III my shoe. Double M G my crew. When you do it big as Manute, you make it seem minute (2011)
39. Common-Sweet: The ’87 n used to rah rah in the jam. Ow yeah, we put them things in the air. When I drop a single, it’s really like a pair. Of Air Jordans, important to the culture If you aint true to it, callate la boca (2011)
40. Jamie Foxx feat Justin Timberlake and T.I-Winner: Lately nothin’ misses I must of been scorin. Speakin’ of the misses, I’m watchin’ them pourin. Just like a drink that I’m enjoyin. And don’t mean bottles you welcome to join in. Just look at me soarin’ Feelin’ like Jordan (2010)
41. Drake-Over My Dead Body: Are these people really discussing my career again? Asking if I’ll be going platinum in a year again? Don’t I got the sh*t the world would wanna hear again? Don’t Michael Jordan still got his hoop earring in? (2011)
42. Lil Uzi Vert-Michael Jordan: I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) Michael Jordan (what I can’t do?) I’m Jordan, I’m Jordan, I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) Michael Jordan (I’m the GOAT) (2016)
43. J. Cole-Rich N’z: I ain’t trippin’, n’ Jordan I ain’t Pippen. Up the steps I ain’t slippin’, Tears blood sweat I ain’t crippin’ (2013)
44. Joey Bada$$-Sorry Bonita: Smoker’s club, Michael Jordan how I’m killin’ 4 quarters. You stashin’ the trash, hoarder. Yo girl startin’ to bath water, it’s Dirty, And that’s not an introduction, it’s nutchin’. Dirt on my shoulders, like Hova (2013)
45. Pusha T-Numbers on the Board: Givenchy fitting like it’s gym clothes. We really gym stars, I’m like D-Rose. No D League, I’m like “these close”. ’88 Jordan leapin’ from the free-throw. Ballers – I put numbers on the boards. Ballers – I put numbers on the boards (2013)
46. Meek Mill-The End (Outro): And they tellin’ me to turn down, they say that I need riddling. Ballin’ like I’m Jordan, no assists from Sottie Pippen. And it ain’t enough flows, crossing over like I’m dribbling. Running laps round them rappers, tired like Michelin (2013)
47. King Louie-Michael Jordan: Don’t you’re missing something? Doing, acting, bumping. Now they’re forest gumping. Pull up in some foreign. (X)itch told me she forward. Balling like I’m tall. Call me Michael Jordan (2013)
48. Rapsody-Thank You Very Much: So thank you very much to each one of you major lables that failed sign me sooner. Now we going up on the wagers. Thank you very much for da favors. For all the Jordans from Jordan. Thanks to Jordan G. (gee) the video love was major (2013)
49. Drake-Barry Bonds Freestyle: Sliding through Henri Bendel like it’s slippery. And your ex-man is a hater, officially. Probably ’cause he know I’m exactly what you wish he’d be. Yeah, that’s the reason why he looking hard. ‘Cause I done snatched the Chips Ahoy out his cookie jar. He just mad ’cause his girl at the house with her tongue sticking out like a Michael Jordan rookie card (2007)
50. A Tribe Called Quest-Lyrics to Go: Don’t worry about gettin’ gassed, I push the pedal to the Metal. Always wanted this cause it surely beats a scramble. I’m like Jordan with the mic huh, wanna gamble (1993)
51. Beanie Sigel feat. Jay-Z-I know I’m outta control: Me and Jay same track you gotta be kiddin’. It’s like that n’ Jordan, I’m Scottie Pippen. Its like Magic, Worthy, Parish, Bird, an Stockton- Malone sh*t. Who gonna stop and hold this Game like Doc and Moses. Full court press and the rock control this (2000)
52. J. Cole-Return of Simba: Ced said, Look, my n’s, we got a foot in” Bein’ good is good, that’ll get you Drew Gooden. But me, I want Jordan numbers, LeBron footin’ Can’t guard me, Vince Lombardi, John Wooden. Garbage? Hardly, you n’s silly like Chris Farley. So like him, you’ll be gone too early (2011)
53. Big Daddy Kane feat. Scoob Lover, Saude Money, Shyheim ODB and Jay-Z-Show & Prove: Now Tell me who is the man? With the high-potent lyrics no rapper can ever stand. And stepping to me, thinking I can be touched? Not even Michael Jordan’ll gamble that much (1994)
54. Fabolous-B.O.M.B.S: New Lamb truck, got the bull in the hood. Black and red lookin’ like the Bulls at the hood. 23’s on and got the Bulls ain’t good. This game six, this can’t miss. Shootin’ my shot, wrist hang switch. Ice my SHIT like I just rain this. I’m payin’ the DeWayne Wade, but I flash Knotts, whoa. I thought you could’ve been Jordan. Found out that you wasn’t even Ben Gordan. Next one get flewed out, I’m keepin’ them boardin’ Like Toni Kukoč, I’m foreign (2019)
55. Joe Budden-Pump it Up Freestyle: I’ll get you drug out the club, they have to carry em. Your head bug out, i’ll raid n’s scared of em. Worry I’M not Mike Jordan, of the mic recordin’. Hovi baby you Kobe, maybe Tracy Mcgrady. Matter fact you Harold Miner, Jr Rider, washed up on marijuana (2003)
56. Lil Wayne, feat. Euro & Kidd Kidd-Frickin’ Problem: We can take the stairs up to the stars. That’s where we belong. Frick that SHIT you talk, I beat that P like production. Or like Rock beat the Russian, or like Jordan, beat the buzzer. n’, gimme what you’ve got, take that money like an usher. One man band, all you hear is repercussion (2013)
57. A Tribe called Quest. Baby Phifes Return: Kid, you know my flava, tear this whole jam apart. Frick around and have your heart, like Jordan had Starks. While you playin hokey pokey, there’s no time to be dokey. Cuz I come out to play every night like Charles Oakley (1996)
58. Face-Streetballin: It’s a GD shame, how much I love this Game. Give me the Rock, now watch me do my Thang…Just like MJ (2010)
59.. Chance the Rapper feat. Lil Kim and Nate Fox-Pusha Man: Still gotta letterman, no practice Still gotta burner man, no lacking Still outtin Jams n’, no Jackson, No Jordan and we toe-tagging. I’ll take you to land, where the lake made of sand. And the milk don’t pour and the honey don’t dance (2013)
60. T.I. with Jay-Z Feat. Kanye West & Lil Wayne-Swagga Like Us: My swagger is Mick Jagger. Every time I breathe on a track, I asthma attack it. Why he so mad for? Why he gotta have it? Cause a slave my whole life, now I’m the master. Naaaaa-na-naaaaa.
How it feel to wake up and be the shit, and the urine? Naaaaa-na-naaaaa. Tryna get that Kobe number, one over Jordan (2008)
Author’s Lyrics with MJ Reference
Sniper Wells-Set the Tone
Words and Lyrics by Sniper Wells. Recorded by the Aloha Aliens. Chicago, Illinois/Honolulu, Hawaii. 7/4/2020
LIVE ONCE, ROLLED DICE, DIED THRICE, SAW THE AFTERWORLD, IN FAST FORWARD, BACKWARD, TUNNEL EYES. BEEN TO THE END AND BACK. EVEN ON A BAD DAY, IT’S BETTER IRL, ALIVE, IN THE ZONE, LIKE MJ, FLY IN FROM THE FREE THROW LINE. NO TIME FOR DIMES, JUST DUNK.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
OUTRAGEOUS, CONTAGIOUS, BELIEVE YOU ME, THE WORLD’S CHANGING. RE-ARRANGING, THE ATOMS, THE BOMBS, TIME TO TAKE CHARGE. LIVE LARGE, OUT OF MY MIND. TIME IS NOW, THE PRESENT, NO PAST- JUST THE HERE AND HOW. TWEET THIS, FACEBOOK THAT, WHACK, GOTTA GET BACK, ENJOY THE MOMENT, THE FEELINGS, NATURE, THE CONVO, SHOW, DON’T MISS OUT, TIME TO SHINE…WILL YOU BE MINE.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
CLICK, CLACK, NO CRACK, LOU BA TAWNS, HIT THE STREETZ. GOTTA’ GET SOME GRO’S, GOT TIME, TO MEAT AND GREET. BIG SMILE IN THE AISLE..AT THE HOLIDAY MART. STAYIN’ SMART, IN THE CHILL MODE, CONFIDENCE SOARIN’, SHE’S HOT, I’M ON FIAH, NOT A ROOK. GONNA’ BE SCORIN’.. LIKE BRAD AND LAW IN THE PLAYBOOK. I NEVER TYE AH.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
I’s a pretty large list. Let us know if we missed any? And what you think of Streetzblog tune with a bit of MJ influence. Going to back it with a big blasting beat and record it on Logic Express on the Mac. Will attach the audio or a link to it, when it has been recorded and mastered.
Quad City Dj’s-Whoomp There it Is: The Space Jam intro. This is one of the Streetzblog crew’s favorite videos. Has all of Michael’s all-time classic moves. Along with a pretty catchy all-time tune.
Seal-Fly Like an Eagle: Some Crisp, Cool, High Definition Jordan moves and grooves in full effect right here, right now:
I’m digging Pop Smoke’s latest joynz, so this is going on the blog. The video mix feat. Jordan is very nice. Pop Smoke Invincible Michael Jordan Mix: (2020) Warning: Explicit Lyrics.
And if you’re looking for “that song” you hear when the 90’s Bulls were introduced. Here it is along with a bit of info on how it all came about, Alan Parsons Project with Sirius:
We leave you with Be like Mike-The Gatorade commercial song that is so super catchy:
Add any Comments on the list of songs, Did we miss anything? Put em’ in the comments section below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Gaga & Cooper Killin’ It
I saw a Star is Born on 9/26/18, lucky to see it ahead of time. It’s a good movie. I can’t really do a review because I dont know how without spilling the beans on Born. The last Song of the movie is probably the best, this would be the 2nd best Tune: Enjoy!
The Belmont-Sheffield Music Festival
Very near the Belmont El Stop Sunday May 2018
Heading to Chicago from Memorial Day to Labor Day? I’d suggest checking out one or more of the vast Street Fests in and around town. Some of the Bigger events include the Taste of Chicago, Lallapalooza, Mole De Mayo, The Great American Lobster Fest, Chicago House Music Festival, Many Greek Fests, The Chicago Blues Fest, Ribfest Chicago, The Grant Park Music Fest and the various neighborhood Street parties.
Streetzblog checked out the Belmont-Sheffield Music Festival on Sunday May 26, 2018 From 7:30-9:45pm. It’s located just below the Belmont Street El Station. You get off the train walk across the street and there’s the fest. Super easy, very safe, extremely accessible and costs just $5 to get in.
The Street Party had a vast array of ethnically diverse things to eat and drink. Lobster, Lumpia, Lamb Burgers, Potato pancakes, Cheese curds, Fried Twinkies, Vegan delights, Sausages, Loaded Fries, Beer and even Pina Colada’s.
When I was there, one stage had a DJ and a colorful skit, while the other stage played spot on-in tune cover music.
In between the 2 stages were food booths along with many mini pop ups of T-Shirts, Jewelry, Sunglasses, various art projects along with some sponsors passing out pretty cool free gear and gadgets. I scored a free pair of Sunnys along with a couple flashlights. And Bought a few pairs. Who can pass up, Buy ONE for $20, get TWO FREE? Haha, yep got me good. But I gotta say I do look pretty fly in the Prado’s.
Some notable shirts included Psychologist with the ologist letters crossed out, the Brightly colored Lincoln shirts, Some nice Chicago shirts for $10, and a shirt with: I’m as Happy as a Duck with Bread boldly written across the front.
Did I mention Lemonade! OMG it was so tasty!! Lemonade has to be one of my favorite Summertime drinks and this was pretty amazing.
It was a very friendly group of fest attendees, not rowdy, very chill, with a nice mid western happy party vibe. Music was great, Journey & J Giles covers were heard from the bands. And the DJ played some Daft Punk, Chicago House along with some classic Dance tracks. The DJ music was sponsored by club Berlin, so it was pretty high calibre spinning.
The Belmont-Sheffield Music Festival happens Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend. It rates 5 out of 5 stars. And Pro tip: There’s a Liquor store next door and across the street is a CVS with lots of ice cold water and more cheap drinks. Lots of easy ways to pre party prior to going in our picking up something cold for the trip home on the El Train.
Here’s one of my favorite pictures that sums the party up in one image. I call it Happiness.
See you on the Streetz…of Chicago!
The H&M Fall Collection Out Now
Iconic Super-Model, Naomi Campbell brings us the Fall 2017 H&M Collection. Naomi stars in the video set in Tokyo’s nightlife zone wearing many of H&M’s New looks for Fall 2017.
Tokyo is definitely one of my favourite places. For the film, I was in a dark double-breasted trouser suit and it was my favourite look from the whole collection. Personally, I would wear exactly as it was styled – the tailored blazer was buttoned up, but you could see a little skin so it was a good balance of feminine and masculine. Naomi Campbell September 21, 2017.
The Tune in the video reminds me of rap bands from the early 80’s mixed with some Scissor Sister’s vibe aka 2010.
The Fall H&M 2017 collection is available at hm.com and in stores now.
Here’s the Soul Train version of Sugarhill Gang’s Rapper’s Delight
And Scissor Sisters Fire with Fire:
Scissor Sisters have been quite quiete over the last few years. Hopefully they will come back strong with a US/Europe Tour. A good sign is this new music from MNDR x Scissor Sisters with SWERLK 2017. After 2 listens, you’ll want to hear it again. Very Catchy lyrics.
And if you’re wondering what SWERLK is, It’s: Swirling, Twirling, Twerking and Swerving and this is how you do it:
See you on the SWERLKing Streetz!
Some Friday nights I’m so worn out, I just want to hear some party tunes. Here’s some New and Old Dancin’ tracks for the Weekend. Have a nice one! Don’t forget to take a few minutes to just dance.Found this track on one of my favorite sites: Shoes-Up.com. Rome Fortune with Dance:
And of course David Bowie. This is such a fun video to not only listen to but to watch. Love some of the nifty moves from around the world.David Bowie with Let’s Dance:
When I used to have a weekly TV Show entitled XcelR8TV, we did a really funny show where Don and I played this song one more time, then one more time, then…I played it the whole half hour with me VJ’ing seriously in between. Oh it was Winners. This is Daft Punk with One More Time:
And even though it’s a Friday, what’s a Dance Party without some Saturday Night Fever. Here’s the Bee Gees with Night Fever:
A little Ancient history. One of the first shirt designs I ever made was a blank T-Shirt with black magic marker written on it saying: FRANKIE SAYS DANCE. In honor of the upcoming Zoolander2 movie. Here’s the Original version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood with Relax (Don’t do it if you want to C…)
See you on the Streetz and of course the dance floor. Cheers and Aloha!
Car-E-Oke in the 808 State
One of my goals for 2015 is to share more blog posts on the sun, fun and culture of the place I live. It’s a goal I’ve strayed from in favor of World-Wide designer fashion, Luxe-Life kicks and other clothes and sneaker features.
Today, I take you to the center of Hawaii Culture with the first webisode of Car-e-Oke. When I woke up this morning I scanned my Instagram very quickly and saw the word Car-e-Oke. I thought it would be a good name for a singing contest promotion. It wasn’t until later in the day that I realized I knew the people responsible for the word and the post. They told me about it and I was like Oh I was gonna nab the name for a Singing Contest. (JK) So, in respect to the Young Hawaii folks, I won’t be stealing the name for a promotion and will share the vid with you on streetzblog.
This is the first webisode of Car-E-Oke featuring musician, Kiwini Vaitai interviewed and driven around town by Kaipo Kapua. Nice concept, Roses and Thorns sounds like an Island hit and don’t miss the surprise about 3/4 of the way through the video. It’s pretty funny. From the Island of Oahu, Here’s the video:
Let us know what you think in the comments section, or write your thoughts below the youtube video. If you would like more information about Young Hawaii, Kiwini Vaitai or Kaipo Kapua, email Email me anytime. See you on the Streetz of Ohau this week at Eat the Street Friday night, on the radio Saturday night and at the Beach on Sunday. Aloha!
Upbeat, Fun, and Very Amazing Performance Style
Whenever I go to Chicago, I keep my eyes wide open on the streetz for What’s Hot and Happening and I also watch late night TV to see what I may be missing living way out in the middle of the Pacific. During my last trip, I found this really fun band on late night PBS/WTTW TV on a show called the Artists Den. They’re called Fitz and the Tantrums. I find this song very upbeat, fun, catchy and for some reason it reminds me of another song..maybe from the 80’s? See what you think of it, one of my great finds on my whirlwind 4 day 4 night trip to Chicago this past Memorial Day Weekend 2014.
I totally dig the way they dance too, if you get a chance, check them out on the Artists Den. They do a pretty fun couples dance ala Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. I think if I did my life over or decide to change it in the future, I’d like to be the dancer in a band like Bez from the Happy Mondays or a Fashion Designer. I used to think I dance so different from anyone else that it was too weird, nowadays I bet it would be a big HIT. And as I already have some successful T Shirt designs, I can still do the Fashion Designer gig, which I seem to be doing already, just not on a money-making endeavor, more for fun. A couple of things for me to think about. If you ask, I may give you a look-see of me dancing on YouTube one day. We shall See…Karaoke! well that’s something I’ve never even tried, so completely different story there..LOL
What did you think? Who do they remind you of or who do you think they remind me of? LMK if you know. The above song was my favorite song from their LIVE concert on the Artists Den. Next up is another tune that is also quite catchy. The whistling reminds me of World Hold On by Bob Sinclar or the Whistle Song by the late (RIP) DJ Frankie Knuckles. Give this tune a whirl and see if it just makes you feel good. I hope this or the first tune works for your happiness quotient for the day. I suspect I needed a bit of a boost today, I did a lot of paperwork and digital artwork that at times seems to send me into a bit of a tizzy. And guess what helps me the most? Writing on Streetzblog. Tonight as I drove home I was in one of those so bad to be driving right now moods. After writing this blog, my senses and body feel much more relaxed, calm and peaceful. With an extra boost of happiness from listening to Fitz and the Tantrums.
I would usually take this blog to the next level by researching the band out, but that won’t help my mood, it would probably feel like a chore for me tonight. So lets just enjoy the tunes and call it a day. I’m sure if you’re more interested in Fitz, just check them out on wikipedia.
Could this be the Song of Summer 2014?
Even though it’s only May 7, 2014. Myself and Streetzblog are calling Gisele and Bob Sinclar’s Heart of Glass, the Song of Summer or as we say on my DJ blog-This years #1 SUMMER STORMER *TM/DJSW.
Gisele hooked up with one of the hookiest producers of all time to re-make Blondie’s Heart of Glass for H&M. Ever since H&M came to Hawaii, I can’t stop writing about them. And Now, Bob Sinclar! and Gisele! Together! This deserves a blog post for sure. Gisele Super Model. Bob Sinclar Super Producer/DJ. I played the full song on my radio show this past Saturday and received many great calls and compliments. See the the Mini Ultra video of Heart of Glass here:
Watch the making of the video here:
And for my Birthday, Friday May 2nd Bob Sinclar performed for H&M right next to Walgreens in the Heart of Times Square, NYC.
If you liked Heart of Glass I’m sure you’ll ll enjoy these fun, older, extremely catchy Bob Sinclar tunes. World Hold On, What a Wonderful World and one of my favorite songs of all time Love Generation.
World Hold On:
What a Wonderful World:
I don’t really mention my music and Dj world on Streetzblog, I tend to keep that part of my world a bit on the DL. But, since Heart of Glass could be the #1 Summer Stormer of 2014, I figured I couldn’t keep my other world a secret and have you miss out on some of Bob’s older tunes. He’s been one of my favorite artists ever. One that American radio has not embraced too much, but as you can see, Bob is quite talented, popular and one of the world’s most popular best kept secrets. BTW: He’s really good friends with the biggest EDM groups of all time-Swedish House Mafia, as you can see in the middle video above, he did What a Wonderful World with Axwell.
Since I spent all my birthday money on clothes and music, I now need to go eat one of my favorite cheap foods. Savory Lemon Yellow Potatoes. Ahhh, they really are good and very inexpensive. Since I also had caffeine for the first time in weeks, I’ll keep typing and give you my recipe for this Delish meal.
Buy a Big bag of round yellow potatoes from Sam’s Club or Costco. Put them in the fridge so they last a long time. Take out 3 each time you make this dish. Slice them thinly with a sharp steak knife. Put in micro for 2 minutes. Flip potatoes, and press 2 more minutes. Take out, Pour heart healthy olive oil on them, Add lemon juice from the plastic yellow Lemon, and two small twists of Sea Salt. Put back in microwave for 45 seconds. Make sure you let them sit for a bit. Then eat the potatoes. Next up, the best part…drink the Olive Oil, Lemon, and Sea Salt mixture.It tastes just like lobster or crab or whatever you like to dip into delicious Lemon/Olive Oil/Sea Salt Sauce. Oh yeah, totally yummy and saves you money for More clothes, More clothes and More music.
Have a nice Thursday!
Tonight’s the Big night for the 1st Annual Power Bash at the Waikiki Shell. On Thursday, Iggy Azalea and U.G.L.Y stopped by Power 104.3 for some interviews. Today, I have the approximate times that everyone will be hitting the stage. I always like to know ahead of time who is playing when so I can time my day out. So, figured you might want to know too. (These aren’t exact times, but pretty close) See you later tonight at Wet n Wild, then at the Power Bash.
- 5:30 pm: DJ SOURMILK
- 6:30 pm: AV
- 6:45 pm: U.G.L.Y
- 7:05 pm: GLASSES MALONE W/ HYPE MAN DJ QUIZ
- 7:25 pm: HONEY COCAINE
- 7:40 pm: HOK
- 7:50 pm: IGGY AZALEA
- 8:30 pm: CHRIS BROWN