Category Archives: clothing
Ryan Murphy Writer and Producer + Ewan McGregor The Star of the miniseries + the Studio 54 1970s, will equal Big Time D-R-A-M-A
Ewan McGregor of Star Wars and Trainspotting fame will transform into famed American designer-HALSTON. Ryan Murphy is the writer and producer, you know him from American Horror Story and Pose. And from the video below, you can feel Ryan’s dark dramatic vibe all over this upcoming miniseries coming to Netflix on May 14, 2021.
If you think the track on the trailer is familiar, It’s Depeche Mode’s Enjoy the Silence. It, sets an eerie feel for the ensuing drama about to happen throughout the Halston Mini series.
A Bit About Halston
Halston’s early work included designing Jacqueline Kennedy’s famous Pillbox hat that she wore to the inauguration of President Kennedy.
Halston is well known for Hot Pants, Ultrasuede Leisure Suits and Caftans. He also designed for some very High level entities including: the 1976 U.S Olympic Team, the Girl Scouts, The NYC Police department, Avis Rent a Car and Braniff Airlines.
The Mini Series on Netflix
Since Ryan Murphy is involved in the Mini series, we already know there will be some big time drama. And from the looks of the trailer, it will show the rise and tangled, drug fueled fall of Halston’s world. I know from watching another Halston movie, he got so lost, he ended up loosing his own name for a few years in the 80’s.
It should be fun to watch Ewan McGregor romp around Studio 54 with the likes of Liza Minnelli, Bianca Jagger and Andy Warhol. I hope they show the horse prancing around the nightclub.
Check out the trailer below to see what’s in store. The business meeting gives us a funny/unfunny slice of the mega drama about to be unleashed upon us via the special limited Netflix series. I sure hope by sister pays her Netflix bill in May!
And here is a sneak peak of the Streetzblog x Street Meat Market Movie:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Gucci Gang Gucci Gang-My Lean Costs more than Your Rent
Gucci Goes where Energy Flows
4/16/21: The Gucci Aria 15:30 minute mini movie takes the place of an IRL Runway show. It’s been interesting to see these mini movies encapsulate various brands new clothes. Some of the mini movies have been stark, some were brazen, a bit of color and some nice sleek black + White.
Gucci decided to throw everything into their mini movie. Some of it not too obvious, a bit more subtle, Yet, there is A LOT going on in this Mini Movie. The Musical soundtrack takes us on a historic journey spotlighting many eras of the Gucci brand. The songs mention Gucci, but do more than that as they set the tone and vibe for the clothes to Shine.
Gucci Aria: It all starts at the Club Savoy, inspired by the famous London hotel where Gucci Founder Guccio Gucciworked as the Maitre d’ prior to moving back to Florence to open a Leather goods store in 1921. takes us on a journey filled with so many clothes, fabulous walls filled with high-end Mega dollars worth of multiple blinking lights and some over the top accoutrements. I thought I saw Gucci looking like Balenciago, the first time I watched this. By the third time I watched, It is Balenciago and Gucci all on one garment! Two Mega Brands merging legally on to one garment. These will sell-out before they even hit the stores.
The movie continues with some classic Gucci looks and colors. Many oriented towards the 1970’s wide collared, oversized aviators disco phase. Lots of bling and big brash chain linked Gucci Choker necklaces. Along with a subtle nod to Dapper Dan. The more you watch the film, the more you will see the underlying secrets and brash nods to many upon many “Easter Eggs”. Kinda fun to watch a few times. I ended up watching it 4x before writing this.
OH and the Finale…Wow! Pretty out there! The Savoy Club doors open to a freak filled outdoor theater extravaganza, so many times over the top. It’s close to moving into the H&M videos/Zoolander territory. Floating people, slow-motion birds and horses, dancing in the fields while wearing very expensive clothing, heart shaped purses complete with Aorta & Arteries. Here we get a bit of a Tom Ford feeling and the art of the High Fashion beyond reality theme. All while the soundtrack asks: Waiting for the Stars to Align. What the Future Holds? Pretty sure they are talking about the post pandemic world. They say it loud and proud with odes to Classic Gucci intertwined with the flare of the Gucci Future, bold, brash, picturesque. Leading us into a future like no other. Will it be the Roaring 20’s? Or will it be Board games and Tea? We shall see, no one knows, whatever is around the corner will be what you make it and what you believe is possible. Lets all try our best to make it an Unbelievably Sexy Celebration in Grande Gucci Style!
“…whatever is around the corner will be what you make it and what you believe is possible. Let’s all try our best to make it an Unbelievably Sexy Celebration in Grande Gucci Style”
Below are the Highlights and LowLights:
- The Gucci Brand Music
- Rose Gold Balenciaga Choker Necklace + Gold Oversized Gucci Choker Necklace
- Silver, White, + Black Strobe Light Walls
- The White Suit-If you’re gonna wear John Travolta’s suit, it might as well be a Gucci
- Green Gucci Suit Green
- 1970s NYC vibe-Oversized Aviators and XL Shirt Collars, with a tad of Bell Bottoms
- Multi-Colored Jacket and Pants on White…I would like to see a still shot of these
- The Multi-Starred Black + White Suit
- Purple on Green…interesting color palette which works here
- The Savoy Work-Wear Jacket…It makes a quick appearance near the end
- That Square Brown Gucci Purse…Is it Retro Chic or brand New?
- The Surprise of Gucci x Balenciaga…Two x Mega Power House Brands in one Garment!
- The Leather Nipple Straps on Men
- Pink Furry Top
- Oversized Fur wristbands..Uhm? I don’t think so
- Furry Aqua Pants
- Horse Helmets-Even if I had a motorcycle, I couldn’t wear this
- The Chin Straps that come with the silly Horse Helmets
- Dangling Silver Nose Rings…Maybe better as earrings?
So that you don’t have to Shazaam all the great Gucci Tunes, Here is the Set-LIst of the Gucci Aria. Soundtrack by Alessandro Michele. Mixed by Lawrence Rothman
- Gucci Gang – Lil Pump
- Green Gucci Suit Green – Rick Ross feat. Future
- Gucci on My Bag – Mier
- Gucci Coochie – Die Antwoord and Dita Von Teese
In the theme of Gucci x Balenciaga. Here’s a sneak peak at my upcoming Designer Brand Etoile Pants F/W 2021-A Street Meat Market Product by Streetzblog:
Supreme x Gucci x Vape-Ghost x Honolulu Police x Susan G. Komen HI x Unravel Project x Off-White x Louis Vuitton x Street Meat Market x Streetzblog
See you on the Streetz…blog and maybe soon on the Real Streetz!
Givenchy Fall Winter 2021/22
Sleek set, pulse pounding soundtrack, Laser Lights and Lots of Black colored clothes. This is my kind of Runway Show! Dark, Defined, Elegance from start till finish. Check out the Givenchy show below as they take you on a little trip into the deep, dark, cauldrons of precise, distinct, crisp French tailoring. Any show with this much black is a winner in my book. The soundtrack and light show exude elegance of the Rich and Famous. Kinda like a James Bond Spy movie told in 10 minutes via hot models and slick, dark, perfectly placed, layers of clothing. With some great accoutrements Like the Giant Gold chain and the fun triple back packs and spot on make-up and hair styling.
I would dig going to the after-party of this show. Then heading over to Hotel Costes for a night cap or two. Of course wearing my black double hoodie, tailored black trousers, with the giant Gold chain and the triple back pack filled with enough gear to stay out till the sun comes up.
Here are the Highlights and Low Lights of Givenchy
- The Vibe
- The techno music and laser light show. Nice build up adding on layers as the video progresses
- Lots of Black colored High-End tailored clothes
- The Double Hoody look
- The Triple bag back-pack
- Black on black on black. Loving the layers
- Vibrant oversized Giant gold chain
- That grey skin tight sheathe dress
- Any show with puddles is a winner. And black puddles even better!
- The silver flasks worn as Necklaces. Nothing says Lets Party like a flask flinging around a Hot Models neck
- The Color brown. High-End French Luxury clothing should never be brown. The blacks, whites and a tad of taboo red do the trick quite nicely
- Some of that over the top bulky fur
- The fuzzy fur Mittens. Uhm?
- Main dislike is incorporating the knitted head-wear especially the creepy king crowns. Not even sure how they fit in to the HIgh-End tailored, dark, edgy, Spy Vibe. Could have used ultra High-End flat billed snapbacks. Maybe in black sleek satin or soft calfskin. Black logo on Black caps
See you on the Streetz…blog!
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
- The Flapping Grey Belts and Gray Accoutrements
- The Funky Black material for the vampy Blade inspired looks. Seems too thin and a bit tacky
- Frilly, Textured, Flowery, Material
- Lack of Ability to Spot the Celebs in Attendance
Y-3 is the Only Brand You Need
Runway Show Paris Fashion Week March 2019
If I could choose only one brand it would be Y-3. It can be worn at an upscale event, brunch, a Sporting event, on the streetz or even for lounging around the crib on a Sunday afternoon. Usual colors are Black + White and even when other colors are positioned in, they tend to look pretty nice.
The clothes are always made with superior high quality. Every pair of Y-3 pants I own are sturdy, solid and clean. I can actually feel the high standard of tailorshp that goes into them, when I wear them.
Although they can run a tad big at times. I do own a piece or 2 that are a bit big. If you get a chance, try them on. Pro Tip: SSENSE tends to have the best on-line sales. And Bloomingdale’s is the place to go for selection, quantity and to try the goods on for your fit. You may need to size down 1-2 sizes dependent on the year the Y-3 clothes are from. For this show they did run a tad Big. You can also catch Y-3 on the Adidas site, where you will find a pretty decent array of clothing and All of this season’s shoes.
- Comfy Flow
- Fluid Clean
- Oversized Fun Flair Street
- Black + White Layering upon Layer
- The YOHJI Track Jacket & Tees
- Melange of Exotic Swirling Colors
- White on Black Adidas Stripes Poppin’ like some Jiffy Pop
- The Kicks
- The Music during the Show
- The Orange, Black, White, color blocked Track Suit and Jumper
- The Unfazed Attendees
See you on the Streetz…blog!
LEGACY with Anne Namba
Goodwill Goes Glam 2019
Goodwill Goes Glam is one of my favorite times of the year. Fashion show then shopping for deals. This year we celebrated 30 years of Island Fashion with Anne Namba. Then it was on to the shopping. Saw some people pick up some nice Louis this year. I didnt quite do as well as usual. Although I did score an autographed Miami Hurricane jersey. Which I will most likely give to a friend who digs that team.
The pictures for 2019 are more artsy than actual Fashion photography. Was testing out some new lenses and filters. I started with 300 and whittled them down to about 100. It’s kind of like watching a video with pictures. Hope you enjoy it and that you can feel the vibe of the show. You can see a couple of past years of Goodwill goes Glam 2017 HERE and 2018 HERE
This marks the 8th year of this annual event. Have a great day or night and see you on the Streetz…blog!
The Dancers kicked off the show with a Bang!
Some Selfies to get the crowd excited and enthused for the Runway Show
Anne Namba celebrating 30 Years of Island Fashion. Goodwill celebrates 60 years of serving Hawaii
All shots this year were taken with the Canon Rebel T7i Camera EOS 800D by the Streetzblog team
And the show continues with more fun filled models and exquisite clothing
Almost Time to SHOP!
Let’s Shop!! First the Shoes, second is the hand bags, next up Aloha Shirts, and finish at the Sports team area
And the hectic scene with lots of action from the Check-Out Area
Until next year, See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dye a Day and Another Day
This project is like no other. 27 hours straight with maybe 2 hours of sleep. Brought us 3 pairs of Distressed + Tie Dyed with Bleach Jeans And almost 1 RIT Dyed Army Jacket. As usual the YouTube Videos are helpful but it always takes a lot longer to do what they do in 12 minutes. This time 12 minutes turned into 27 hours. Yes, it is fun, Yes, I am happy with the finished product. Glad I had a day off and budgeted the time involved to produce the end result. While it’s all fresh in my mind here are some tips if you attempt a project like this.
Distress and Tie Dye Jeans Tips
- Budget plenty of time for this project
- Use Rubber Bands or Rubbery hair ties. String doesn’t work well
- You can distress before or after the dye. Really doesn’t matter. I distressed 2 pairs with an Exacto Knife. The easiest way to distress jeans is to cut slits with an exacto knife. Just remember to put a magazine in between the 2 layers. Make slices, then wash in Cold and dry on Medium and you are good to go.
- Get food and Drinks ahead of time. It’s hard to make food or mix drinks with all the toxic chemicals and gloves to take on and off
- Buy 2 pairs of Gloves. One of my gloves burnt off my hand. Pay a little extra for the $5 brand instead of the $2 pair. It’s worth it.
- Get a mask to breathe through while taking the rubber bands off. The Bleach is pretty intense. Many YouTube videos don’t mention this. I recommend it as something mandatory. My skin and brain is still tingling a bit. Hour 29.
- Tie Dye Jeans. The Army Jacket did not take the bleach. Nothing happened. So I put in inRit Dye. The Rit Dye didn’t work either, it just kinda morphed the camo print. must be the synthetic fabric. Most likely the Polyester in the jacket. Well, 3 out of 4 came out Great!
- Have Fun! If you’re not having fun doing this type of gig, don’t bother. I enjoy things like this. If you don’t enjoy the process the time involved isn’t worth it. But the end product is pretty Sweet! *And if you want, email me your waist size and i can make you a pair. Just some costs + shipping. Should be like $75 + $25= $100
- Play some good music. I listened to the BBC Live for 2 days. Heard everything from Heavy English Hip-Hop to underground Dancehall, to some Annie Mac classics, to a pretty Dope Diplo Mix
- Don’t spend too much time rubber banding. One pair took me 3 hours to rubber band another about 30 minutes and they both came out Rad. Although, the more time you spend rubber banding the more intricate the patterns will be!
Here’s some pictures of the process:
And the Final Products:
The Bones Brigade Pant F/W 2019-20 Sniper Wells design for the Street Meat Market 2 different pairs of size 32 Waist. Both Distressed and Tie Dye with Bleach. Both are for sale and ready to ship in time for the 2019 Holidays. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
The Layed Back Hack Pant F/W 2019-20 Gold and Dark Blue. Designed by Sniper Wells for the Street Meat Market. Size 34 Waist.
List of Ingredients for a Tie Dye Jean Day
- Rubber Gloves-2-3 just in case straight bleach hits them. Some disintegrate. I used Glam Gloves, paid a bit extra, but they still burnt through. Thus, the need for 2-3 pairs
- Bleach-Get the Linen infused scent
- Gas mask of some sort-Even just the paper version from the Doctors office
- Sharp Scissors-Get some good ones, its worth it when cutting off the rubber bands. I’d recommend the kind used for sewing. The Sharper the better. Also thin sharp scissor tips works well to get the rubber bands off easily
- Rubber bands of various shapes and sizes + Rubber Hair Ties
- 2 Big plastic Buckets I got 2 at Walmart for a great price
- Cold Water to rinse. And rinse them really well. Then wait a bit before washing in cold water in the washing machine
- Jeans-The Dark version came out a nice shade of Green and Blue. The lighter pairs came out White and Blue. I’ve been scouring the Sale racks at Macy’s for 2 months. Got 2 pairs for a really good deal. The other during the One Day sale. I have 1 pair to wear and 2 x size 32 waist to sell if you want a pair. Just LMK
- Food and Drinks-Already prepared and ready. You don’t want to mess with food and the chemicals in the Bleach
- Music-Helps set the tone of the event
- A phone and a camera-It’s hard to just use your phone to do everything. Thus the Camera. But be careful you don’t want to get bleach on it. Maybe get a friend to document the process for you. That would work. I played music with my phone and used the camera and sometimes the phone for the photos
Here is the Gold and Blue pair shot in Waikiki IRL 11/29/19
See you on the Streetz..blog
The Top 28 Fashionable Movies of all Time
(As Voted on by the Streetzblog Staff in May 2020)
With Many of you at home looking for something to watch. We’ve compiled the best Fashionable movies of all time. Have a nice time watching all of this Greatness.
1. The Devil Wears Prada: (2006): This movie has it all. Lots of NYC action, Fashionable attire, A Love Story, Paris, Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep and a variable Vrais/faux rendition of Anna Wintour. At least 1 Million dollars worth of clothes and accessories were used in the making of TDWP including a $100,000 Fred Leighton necklace worn by Streep. Watch for the CERULEAN (Blue) speech, it gives an entrepreneur an quick 4 minute MBA in the Marketing of clothing. The cast is power packed with: Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci, Simon Baker, Adrian Grenier, Gisele Bundchen, and Heidi Klum. And fun fact: The writer of the book-Lauren Weisberger plays the twins Nanny! The staff at Streetzblog has seen this movie at least 14x. It is by far the number ONE best overall fashionable movies of all time
2. Zoolander: (2001) Fun, Outlandish, Fashionable, Can you say Cameos and Orange Mocha Frappucicnos! Such a good movie about the world of male modeling. Stiller vs Wilson. Who is gonna come out the winner? Not enough room to mention all the stars, some include: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Christine Taylor, Will Ferrell, Milla Jovovich, Tom Ford, Fabio, Winona Ryder, Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Paris Hilton, Cuba Gooding Jr, Karl Lagerfeld, Natalie Portman, Justin Theroux, Gwen Stefani, Vince Vaughn, and Donald Trump. Fashionably BIG Quotes: Derek Zoolander: I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being REALLY, REALLY, RIDICULOUSLY good looking…And I plan on finding out what that is. Billy Zane: IT’S A WALK-OFF!! (Drop that mic!)
3. Blow Up: (1966) Fashion Photography, HOT Models, London, The Swinging 60s, Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll from start to finish. Not much is missed in this movie. Bold Stripes, Slinky shiny dresses, Mods, Rockers, Glamour, Day-Glow colors. It has it all including some trippy mimes who play tennis without a real ball and a cameo appearance and song by the Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Keith Reif. A Great movie to watch for inspiration for photography and creativity. If you want some inspiration for the swinging 60’s, this is a must see movie
4. Coco Before Chanel: (2009): One of our favorite Actors-Audrey Tatou portrays the iconic beyond belief classy-Coco Chanel. This is the history and story of Coco Chanel! Fashion Passes. Style Remains *Pro Tip: If you are having a rough day, watch any or all of Audrey Tatou’s movies, they are going to make you happy. Most of her best movies are in French with English subtitles. Well worth the reading of subtitles and can help you learn French/Francais
5. The September Issue (2009): Anna Wintour takes you on a behind the scenes adventure as she prepares for Vogue’s Fall Fashion Issue for 2007
6. We’ll take Manhattan (2012): One week of the life of Jean Shrimpton (Model) and David Bailey (Photographer). The Swinging 60’s are in full effect in NYC!
7. Unzipped (1994): The Behind the scenes world and process of Izaac Mizrahi. Some nice tips on creating a collection. A must see for any budding fashion designer. Features the biggest Super Models of all time: Linda Evangilista, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford
8. American Gigolo (1980) Richard Gere wears the most spectacular monotone suit, shirt and tie never seen before on film. Every guy in the 80’s tried to dress like him. It basically made Giorgio Armani a household name in the 80’s. We all wanted an Armani suit to look like Richard Gere. Monotone throughout. A look still happening in the year 2021. Russet Brown, to Taupe, Sage Green, Charcoal and Cornflower Blue. The suit, the shirt the tie and many times the socks all matched in one shade of said colors. this is the movie that spurred the monotone craze that has yet to stop. If you can’t think of what to wear, go Monotone and it will take care of itself. GQ and American Gigolo go hand in hand in the early 80’s. The Male Fashionista was never the same. The clothes made the man and the movie
9. Mademoiselle C (2013): A gem in the rough. High Quality, exquisite videography. The story of former Vogue Paris Editor in Chief-Carine Roitfied as she moves to New York to launch her high end magazine. Many, many fashionista’s. Tom Ford, Kate Upton, Karl Lagerfield, Kanye West, James Franco, Riccardo Tischi, Anna Wintour, Sophia Loren, Giorgio Armani, Sarah Jessica Parker, Liv Tyler, Beyonce, Heidi Klum, Bruce Weber and even more than what we listed
10. Breathless (1960) Jean Luc Goddard. Peg legged black pants with hi-collared with cuff sleeves New York Herald Tribune T. Could be in fashion in Dec 2019. Men’s 2 button suit jacket with wide super short tie could also see a comeback. Sunglasses, Hats, striped shirts, pleated skirt, short hair, so many things to list. Check out the main characters chain link bracelet, very a la mode right now at Louis Vuitton and Gucci. Even the ultra petite women’s bag is on trend in 2020. The movie helped to launch the French New Wave cinema. It did the same with style + clothes
11. Saturday Night Fever (1997) The 70’s, Disco Fever and John Travolta’s 3 piece White Suit. No other words are needed
12. Liquid Sky: (1982) Can you say 1980’s Nu-Wave Make-up. Deep in the underground came the movie Liquid Sky. Seen by many a punk rocker and New Waver as influence for their make up style throughout the 1980’s. Liquid Sky sports Big hair and nice bites of colorful clothing that infused, enthused + ensconced the 80’s vibe throughout the world. Neon Lights, Neon Make-up and multi-colored hair. Looking for Nu Wave Inspo for your 80’s make-up or fashions, watch this movie!
13. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961) Audrey Hepburn looks Elegant, Classic, Crisp, Clean, and Extremely well put together. The movie features the definitive moment of the iconic Maison Givenchy-Black Sheath Dress. She also has some great oversized Tortoiseshell sunglasses, and strands upon strands of Tiffany Pearls along with her long black satin gloves. Such an amazing, classic look copied for many, many years. And we can’t leave without mention of the double breasted bright ORANGE Givenchy wool Coat. As you know, we love the color Orange here at Streetzblog. Veracious Quotes: Holly Golightly: A girl can’t read that sort of thing without her lipstick. And I’ve got to do something about the way I look. I mean, a girl can’t go to Sing Sing with a Green face
14. Pretty Woman (1990) Chanel, Louis, Gucci. If it’s a Hi-end brand Julia Roberts gets to shop there. Richard Gere takes the monotone look into the 90’s with some variations, adding different shades of grey and even a printed tie. And if you want that Black Suit, White Shirt, Black Tie, White Pocket square look, it’s best seen on Richard in Pretty Woman. Edward Lewis: Wake up! It’s time to Shop!!
15. Mahogany (1975) Diana Ross is an aspiring fashion designer from the South Side of Chicago. So this is for sure a real deal fashion movie. 70’s exuberance, Beaucoup bell bottoms, Knee high boots, Dark washed jeans, Wide-brimmed hats, and Jersey dresses. And a bit over the top which we thought pretty dope, the Purple Lame, Metallic Embroidery and the Glow in the Dark Geisha’s. Wowza! Song: Do you know where you’re going to? Quote: Rome is like a rich old lady. She covers her wrinkles with things that shine
16. Pret a Porter (1994) Silly and Fun satire on the fashion world. Growing up we could never figure out if this movie was real or fake. Still confuses us..a bit to this day. Pretty sure it is fake..LOL Stars include: Kim Basinger, Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker, Tim Robbins, Sophia Loren, Danny Aiello and many others. Note: You may find this movie under the name Ready to Wear, seems over the years they switched the marketing of said movie to an English title
17. Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009) Talk about Shop til’ you Drop, OMG this girl can shop! The Nurmero Uno curator of the fashionable clothes in movies-Patricia Field says of the clothes: They are Colorful, Bold, Energetic, Voluminous, Eclectic, and comedic. Prominent Brands include: Vivienne Westwood, Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Milly. Lots of pink, many colorful dresses and don’t forget the infamous Green scarf! Rebecca Bloomwood: When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it’s not, and I need to do it again. And one of the best lines of all time: You Speak Prada? Did you know that the proper definition of a shopaholic is ONIOMANIA a term used for the compulsive desire to shop. We know someone at Streetzblog who’s got that Oniomania. Do you know anyone?
18. Zoolander 2 (2016) Not nearly as good as the OG. But fun to see many cameos including: Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Valentino, and Vera Wang
19. Ciao Manhattan (1972) If you want to see the Real Edie Sedgwick and not a movie about her, this is movie to watch
20. Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) We include this movie not because it’s about fashion, cause its not, but because it depicts 80’s Madonna inspired fashion spot on. It’s like being transported to the Unique Boutique, Antique Boutique, or Canal Jean Company in downtown Soho, Manhattan in 1986. Madonna and Rosanna Arquette. Get Into the Groove with oversized Ray-bans, layers of chains and necklaces, oversized scrunchies and the Epochal multiple black rubber bracelets Madonna is famed for wearing. Giving every 13 year old for 30 years something to buy at Claire’s. The Club scene (at Danceteria) also depicts the vibe of the time, the clothing and the dance moves. Madonna’s style on the Big screen. Fun Facts: The Vintage clothes store they visit was called Loves Saves the Day and was located in the East Village until 2009. The Orange baseball jersey Susan wears after her clothes are stolen has the initials MC. Madonna Ciccone. The super famous embellished cropped tux jacket from the movie sold at auction for $265,000
21. Factory Girl (2006) Hollywood’s portrayal of the next IT girl, Edie Sedgwick. Comes complete with a spot on Andy Warhol. See Sienna Miller as Edie, Guy Pierce as Andy, Jimmy Fallon as Chuck, Includes tunes by David Bowie. Fun Fact: Sienna’s eyes are grey but they are brown in the movie because Edie’s eyes were brown. Quote: Andy to Edie: You’re the Boss, Applesauce!
22. GIA (1998) This is a pretty harsh movie, so be prepared. Drugs, the early days of Aids, and one of the first super models. Starring: Angelina Jolie, Mila Kunis and Faye Dunaway
23. Sex and the City (2008) The TV show shook the world with Many a good looking outfit, So many shoes and non stop bags + purses. The movie continued with the theme with Carrie’s Ballerina Skirt, Samantha’s Suits and Fun Floppy Hat, Carrie’s stylish Head-wear, More hand bags, faux fur, and of course many, many Manolo’s. Quotes: Louise: It’s a Rental. Like Netflix for Purses. Carrie: Some labels are best left in the Closet!
24. Quadrophenia (1979) The Sharp dressed Mods-Skinny Suits way before their Massive popular explosion, Skinny Ties, Buttoned up Polo Shirts, Stylish Trench Coats, Mod parkas and Extremely Tricked out Multi-Mirrored Vespas. VS the Rockers clad in black leather Motorcycle jackets adorned with spikes, patches and paint. Jeans or leather trousers and white silk scarves. Head gear was also black leather with studs and spikes. Don’t miss the best dressed of the bunch, the leader of the Mods-Ace Face (Sting). Great soundtrack provided by the Who. Reign O’er Me + Doctor Jimmy and Mr. Jim. Fun Fact: The pinball machine that Jimmy plays on is the exact same machine that Elton John jams on in the movie, Tommy
25. Clueless (1995) 63 Outfit changes make up the looks of the 3 affluent High School Mall rats. Including 53 different kinds of tartans and plaids. Mid 90s Beverley Hills preppy. Mini skirts, knee high socks, and platform Mary Janes. Faux fur handbags, Feather trimmed coats and fun colorful hats complete the looks. The lingo in the movie also changed the way many of us talked for years to come. Couple of fashionable quotes from the movie. Cher: You see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my Feet and Mel: Do you know what time it is? Cher: A watch doesn’t really go with this outfit, Daddy. Stars: Alicia Silverstone, Stacey Dash and Brittany Murphy
26. John Wick 1, 2 + 3 (2014) (2017) (2019) We include the John Wick movies because the suits in the movie are just so utterly completely beautiful! The Cuts and Colors of the suits make this movie series with Keanu Reaves very fashionable. Various shades of black with some Midnight Blue. Richard Gere Would be quite proud. Killer Quotes: You want a war? Or you want to just give me a gun? Well John wasn’t exactly the Boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the Boogeyman
27. Qui Etes Vous Polly Maggoo (1966) A movie that is a bit odd. Yet fascinating. If you want #retrochic, Here it is
28. The Model (2016) Kinda’ creepy movie about a model. honorable mention
SOUL TRAIN wasn’t a movie, but you gotta dig the far out fashions. There’s also some Saturday Night Fever Dance segments in this Video. Enjoy!
What movie is your favorite? What movie would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Goodwill Goes Glam
Honolulu, Hawaii: July 18, 2018 Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
Goodwill Goes Glam one of my favorite events of the year. Fun, Fashion Show, Fun, Shopping and more Fun!
First you see the Runway show. Second you shop the freshest gear to be found. If you move quick enough, you’ll get some pretty stellar labels and high quality clothes.
This Years theme: The Fashion Edit
This Years Designers: Allison Izu Song x Summer Shiigi
This Years Brands: Allison Izu & Ten Tomorrow
This Years Camera: Canon DSLR (Not an iPhone)
The Shopping And After Party
- Head to the Shoes and Purses first. They are next to each other. One year, I found both Prada and Bape kicks in my size. Score!
- Next, straight to the Aloha wear. Do not stop at the toys or sports clothes on the way. The best Aloha gear goes quick. And there are some very High quality shirts and brands. Tori Richard, Reyn Spooner, Cooke Street, Ono, Tommy Bahama & More
- Now, it’s time for the sports jerseys. This year, my friend Amanda scored a primo condition Walter Peyton Bears Jersey. And I bought a Mitchell & Ness MAYS 660 BONDS Jersey in perfect condition.
- Set a budget ahead of time. Both years, I had a pre set budget and put back what was not in budget. Just like a sample sale, a budget is needed.
- Grab Quick, Grab Fast, put back what you don’t want. The first half hour is just like a NYC Sample sale. You want to get the good stuff before it’s gone. Trick to this is don’t think much, just go for what looks good, grab it fast. Then weed through your goods before check-out. People were eyeing my Willie Mays jersey for close to 2 hours, seeing if I would put it back. And I was eyeing a pair of Gucci sneakers, both the jersey and the shoes did not go back.
See you on the Streetz!
Balenciaga’s got you Covered for Cold Weather
The Balenciaga Oversized Layered Parka Coat-Product Number: 1234071
They call this the Oversized Layered Parka Coat. And yep, it’s for sure Oversized. 7 layers to be exact. Here’s what’s included:
- Plaid Shirts
- Jersey Hoodies
- Technical Fleece
- Cold weather Outer layer
- Cuffed sleeves
- 2 Front patch pockets (Hopefully more inside)
- Drawstring hood with coordinating hem
At a price of $10,405, it’s more than 1k per layer. This Coat packs a pretty big punch of Major Layered Swag. Sure hope they add some Balenciaga logos so everyone knows what you’re rockin’. It does say that: This is a pre-shot item; this product’s details are subject to change in production. I hope so, they for sure need to add some Balenciaga writing on it. For the price, you’ll want people to know it’s a Balenciaga. If you’re interested in slaying the layered look this Winter, you can purchase the Oversized Layered Parka Coat AKA: the 7 layered coat Here. *Pictures courtesy of MatchesFashion.com
See you on the Streetz!