Category Archives: clothing
Dye a Day and Another Day
This project is like no other. 27 hours straight with maybe 2 hours of sleep. Brought us 3 pairs of Distressed + Tie Dyed with Bleach Jeans And almost 1 RIT Dyed Army Jacket. As usual the YouTube Videos are helpful but it always takes a lot longer to do what they do in 12 minutes. This time 12 minutes turned into 27 hours. Yes, it is fun, Yes, I am happy with the finished product. Glad I had a day off and budgeted the time involved to produce the end result. While it’s all fresh in my mind here are some tips if you attempt a project like this.
Distress and Tie Dye Jeans Tips
- Budget plenty of time for this project
- Use Rubber Bands or Rubbery hair ties. String doesn’t work well
- You can distress before or after the dye. Really doesn’t matter. I distressed 2 pairs with an Exacto Knife. The easiest way to distress jeans is to cut slits with an exacto knife. Just remember to put a magazine in between the 2 layers. Make slices, then wash in Cold and dry on Medium and you are good to go.
- Get food and Drinks ahead of time. It’s hard to make food or mix drinks with all the toxic chemicals and gloves to take on and off
- Buy 2 pairs of Gloves. One of my gloves burnt off my hand. Pay a little extra for the $5 brand instead of the $2 pair. It’s worth it.
- Get a mask to breathe through while taking the rubber bands off. The Bleach is pretty intense. Many YouTube videos don’t mention this. I recommend it as something mandatory. My skin and brain is still tingling a bit. Hour 29.
- Tie Dye Jeans. The Army Jacket did not take the bleach. Nothing happened. So I put in inRit Dye. The Rit Dye didn’t work either, it just kinda morphed the camo print. must be the synthetic fabric. Most likely the Polyester in the jacket. Well, 3 out of 4 came out Great!
- Have Fun! If you’re not having fun doing this type of gig, don’t bother. I enjoy things like this. If you don’t enjoy the process the time involved isn’t worth it. But the end product is pretty Sweet! *And if you want, email me your waist size and i can make you a pair. Just some costs + shipping. Should be like $75 + $25= $100
- Play some good music. I listened to the BBC Live for 2 days. Heard everything from Heavy English Hip-Hop to underground Dancehall, to some Annie Mac classics, to a pretty Dope Diplo Mix
- Don’t spend too much time rubber banding. One pair took me 3 hours to rubber band another about 30 minutes and they both came out Rad. Although, the more time you spend rubber banding the more intricate the patterns will be!
Here’s some pictures of the process:
And the Final Products:
The Bones Brigade Pant F/W 2019-20 Sniper Wells design for the Street Meat Market 2 different pairs of size 32 Waist. Both Distressed and Tie Dye with Bleach. Both are for sale and ready to ship in time for the 2019 Holidays. E-mail email@example.com if interested
The Layed Back Hack Pant F/W 2019-20 Gold and Dark Blue. Designed by Sniper Wells for the Street Meat Market. Size 34 Waist.
List of Ingredients for a Tie Dye Jean Day
- Rubber Gloves-2-3 just in case straight bleach hits them. Some disintegrate. I used Glam Gloves, paid a bit extra, but they still burnt through. Thus, the need for 2-3 pairs
- Bleach-Get the Linen infused scent
- Gas mask of some sort-Even just the paper version from the Doctors office
- Sharp Scissors-Get some good ones, its worth it when cutting off the rubber bands. I’d recommend the kind used for sewing. The Sharper the better. Also thin sharp scissor tips works well to get the rubber bands off easily
- Rubber bands of various shapes and sizes + Rubber Hair Ties
- 2 Big plastic Buckets I got 2 at Walmart for a great price
- Cold Water to rinse. And rinse them really well. Then wait a bit before washing in cold water in the washing machine
- Jeans-The Dark version came out a nice shade of Green and Blue. The lighter pairs came out White and Blue. I’ve been scouring the Sale racks at Macy’s for 2 months. Got 2 pairs for a really good deal. The other during the One Day sale. I have 1 pair to wear and 2 x size 32 waist to sell if you want a pair. Just LMK
- Food and Drinks-Already prepared and ready. You don’t want to mess with food and the chemicals in the Bleach
- Music-Helps set the tone of the event
- A phone and a camera-It’s hard to just use your phone to do everything. Thus the Camera. But be careful you don’t want to get bleach on it. Maybe get a friend to document the process for you. That would work. I played music with my phone and used the camera and sometimes the phone for the photos
Here is the Gold and Blue pair shot in Waikiki IRL 11/29/19
See you on the Streetz..blog
Goodwill Goes Glam
Honolulu, Hawaii: July 18, 2018 Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
Goodwill Goes Glam one of my favorite events of the year. Fun, Fashion Show, Fun, Shopping and more Fun!
First you see the Runway show. Second you shop the freshest gear to be found. If you move quick enough, you’ll get some pretty stellar labels and high quality clothes.
This Years theme: The Fashion Edit
This Years Designers: Allison Izu Song x Summer Shiigi
This Years Brands: Allison Izu & Ten Tomorrow
This Years Camera: Canon DSLR (Not an iPhone)
The Shopping And After Party
- Head to the Shoes and Purses first. They are next to each other. One year, I found both Prada and Bape kicks in my size. Score!
- Next, straight to the Aloha wear. Do not stop at the toys or sports clothes on the way. The best Aloha gear goes quick. And there are some very High quality shirts and brands. Tori Richard, Reyn Spooner, Cooke Street, Ono, Tommy Bahama & More
- Now, it’s time for the sports jerseys. This year, my friend Amanda scored a primo condition Walter Peyton Bears Jersey. And I bought a Mitchell & Ness MAYS 660 BONDS Jersey in perfect condition.
- Set a budget ahead of time. Both years, I had a pre set budget and put back what was not in budget. Just like a sample sale, a budget is needed.
- Grab Quick, Grab Fast, put back what you don’t want. The first half hour is just like a NYC Sample sale. You want to get the good stuff before it’s gone. Trick to this is don’t think much, just go for what looks good, grab it fast. Then weed through your goods before check-out. People were eyeing my Willie Mays jersey for close to 2 hours, seeing if I would put it back. And I was eyeing a pair of Gucci sneakers, both the jersey and the shoes did not go back.
See you on the Streetz!
Balenciaga’s got you Covered for Cold Weather
The Balenciaga Oversized Layered Parka Coat-Product Number: 1234071
They call this the Oversized Layered Parka Coat. And yep, it’s for sure Oversized. 7 layers to be exact. Here’s what’s included:
- Plaid Shirts
- Jersey Hoodies
- Technical Fleece
- Cold weather Outer layer
- Cuffed sleeves
- 2 Front patch pockets (Hopefully more inside)
- Drawstring hood with coordinating hem
At a price of $10,405, it’s more than 1k per layer. This Coat packs a pretty big punch of Major Layered Swag. Sure hope they add some Balenciaga logos so everyone knows what you’re rockin’. It does say that: This is a pre-shot item; this product’s details are subject to change in production. I hope so, they for sure need to add some Balenciaga writing on it. For the price, you’ll want people to know it’s a Balenciaga. If you’re interested in slaying the layered look this Winter, you can purchase the Oversized Layered Parka Coat AKA: the 7 layered coat Here. *Pictures courtesy of MatchesFashion.com
See you on the Streetz!
Everything is Real
There’s 5 Diamonds in my 2 ears. Some are Cubic Zirconia’s, some are Diamonds. When people ask if they are real, I always reply-Yes. Because they are real…earrings. They’ve been in my ears for so many years, I couldn’t tell you which are the Real and which are the Fake.
What is Fake
When it comes to Kicks and Clothes. It gets harder to tell which are the Real and Which are the Fake. When you walk into the Opening Ceremony store in Soho, NY and 90% of the people are wearing very rare Yeezy’s and stacked Balanciaga’s. You wonder which are the Real? Which are the Fake? They didn’t make that many of the Yeezy’s for them all to be real. But, very hard to tell which are which as you walk around the store. The buyers at Flight Club or Stadium Goods would know which are which. Me, they all looked pretty real.
What the Fake?
I own a pair of Jordan 1 Royals. Paid what I thought was a fair price for a limited run. I thought the store was legit when I went to the brick & mortar. But, have seen the same store on IG stories selling very Fake looking Kicks. So, I don’t know? Might be real, might be fake. Sure hope for $240 they are real.
Fake is Fake
I saw this video below a few months ago about Korea’s fake Fashion scene. Asked a friend going there to get me a couple of Supreme shirts in XXL. Knew that they were going to be Real-Fake’s, but figured, let’s see what it’s like. Got the XXL because I figured they would shrink to an XL. The XXL’s were more like L’s, so they shrunk to M’s. And the logos were rubberized. In this case, the Fakes were very Fake. I may wear the black one a few more times. The Grey will most likely go to my friend’s store. I’ll tell him not to price it too high. But, whoever buys it. What will they say? Real? Fake? or #RealFake
Real is Real
I do own a couple of awesome Rick Owens pieces that I personally bought in their Soho, NY location. Both pieces are of extraordinary quality. They are as real as real can be. But, I owe a bit of cash on my credit card. They are very real and so is my Credit Card bill. I wore the kicks once and the pants are too nice to wear. In this case Real is very nice, very real, but should I have gotten the 2 items. Probably not. Cause, now I’m real #broke.
Hmm. I believe first and foremost in supporting the original designers. With that said, I think a mixture of Real & Fake is ok, kinda’ like the earrings in my ears. 80% Real 20% Fake works for me. The worst thing is spending big bucks on something you think is Real, but it is actually Fake. Thoughts? Let us know in the comments section?
Korea’s Fake Fashion Scene:
The Russian Real-Fake marketplace:
See you on the Streetz!
Fun Times on Canal St. NYC
A Trip to NY isn’t a trip to NY without a stop on Canal Street to check the Knock-Off Goods. If you were there in early February 2018, you could’ve scored some decent DIESEL or shall we say DEISEL Gear.
The Real Deal DIESEL set up shop along Chinatown’s Canal street during NYFY2018. For the first day, they acted as if everything was a knock-off. The 2nd day they let everyone know that it was really DIESEL. The brand received lots of exposure and hopefully some younger fans of the brand.
Prices were also inexpensive and sold on eBay for much more. ProTip: The DIESEL SITE says to check back on February 19 for a re-stock on the Goods! Check em out, you may be one of the lucky one’s to score some great deals on DEISEL! See you on the Streetz…blog!
On the topic of brands knocking off their own brands. Here’s Gucci with Guccy. I bet they sold a lot of these after the NBA All-Star Game 2018. Heard one of the announcers say something like this: Hey, what’s that shirt? That’s not how you spell Gucci
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Newest of the New-Number Two
Menswear: Autumn/Winter 2018/2019
We continue to look and find the trends & colors of Menswear Fall/Winter 2018-19. Today , we check out Vivinne Westwoods pre video before the collection. Here are the ridings from today’s Newest of the New Fall/Winter 2018-19.
Camo Not Camo, Military influence, Lots of Plaid, a bit of tweed.
Green, Taupe, Red, Off-Pink, Some Orange.
War, Peace & Punk influences. Uniform, New Romantic, Adam Ant goes high Street.
Collect the Cards, Connect the cards, Peach flags. Not really sure what she’s saying here, but gives us weirdness, suspense and intrigue.
No main trend or color on this teaser. It may have been easier to spend the $275 on the 2019 Menswear trend book. Hmmm. See you on the Streetz…Blog.
Top 25 Clothing Brands of 2017 – Via Streetzblog
It’s been a great year for Fashion, Hi and Low End Street & Designer wear. Here’s a list of the Hottest brands of 2017. If you have a brand to add, let us know in the comments section. Happy New Year! See you on the Streetz…Blog.
- Off White c/o Virgil Abloh
- Daniel Patrick
- Rick Owens
- Public School/PSNY
- Alexander Wang
- Ovadia & Sons
- Heron Preston
- Greg Lauren
- Commes Des Garcons
- Raf Simons
- Ben Taverniti Unravel Project
- Maison Margiela
- Canada Goose
H&M x ERDEM Short Film (This Years November H&M Designer Collection Update 10/23/17)
Hmmm. The master marketers at H&M are tapping into even me with their glorious films and photos. Dark Grey and Black are my go to colors and the Alexander Wang x H&M was my favorite collection. Didn’t think I would want anything ERDEM with all the flowers I’ve seen. But, alas, they put out a pretty rad looking film and I’m thinking of stopping by H&M on November 2nd 2017 to check the goods.
Recently, I was consumed by the fast paced Biker x Raver Alexander Wang x Adidas Collection. Watching the video over and over, checking the IG every few days and next thing you know, I have a pair of Fluorescent Orange Kicks on my feet. They are super comfortable, but way too bright for me.
Then I watch guys playing street ball in a PSNY Video and Now I have a pair of PSNY x Jordan 15’s, which are quite nice looking, yet nothing I should be buying with a credit card.
Do videos, Film, IG pix get you in the mood to shop? It sure works on me.
This film is done by Baz Luhrmann- He directed Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet, The Great Gatsby, Strictly Ballroom and created the TV show The Get Down.
The Film’s super models include: Saskia de Brauw, Imaan Hammam, Grace Hartzel, Fernando Cabral, Neels Visser and Tony Ward. The music is Hypnotized by Years & Years.
See you on the Streetz or Maybe, Perhaps, I suspect at H&M on November 2nd!
Turn On The Wang Hype Machine
Alexander Wang x Adidas Season 2
On Saturday July 29, you may be in luck to purchase Season 2 of the Alexander Wang x Adidas Collection. If you’re in or around NYC, text this number now: 917-512-7715. When you text it, someone will immediately text you back and ask you where you got the number. Tell them Streetzblog or Vogue and then they will let you know where to go, this Saturday at Noon to get the goods. The text also let’s you know that you’ll want to bring your phone and a credit card.
It’s a pretty fun way to buy some gear. Only catch is you need to live in NY. Similar to the release of the Season 1 Adidas Originals by Alexander Wang. They sold them from Trucks on the streetz of New York.
The collection is influenced by both Rave and Cycling cultures as seen by the video below. And good news is, there will be some of the collection available worldwide on Saturday August 5, 2017. I suspect that it will appear on the Adidas and Alexander Wang websites. That’s just a guess, that’s what they did last time. And things went super quick on those 2 sites. Or eBay will for sure have a lot of what is sold on July 29, 2017.
Have a nice week!
See you on the Streetz!
Streetzblog has been tracking the November H&M collabs for a few years now. And this year, the November 2017 collaboration is going to be ERDEM x H&M.
More than a bit, but a BIG departure from Alexander Wang and Balmain. ERDEM up until this collection has done Women’s wear with lots of flowing flowers. ERDEM says on the H&M website that yes, there will be menswear.
What to expect? Maybe Tweed Jackets, flower power shirts, riding boots, jodhpurs? We shall see! The collection comes from the English Countryside. Not the City streetz of London.
It would have been a good year for OFF WHITE x H&M to happen. Well, I expect we’ll see a dark blue with small red&white flowers hipster/Hawaiian short sleeved shirt. Been seeing many renditions of them lately. So, maybe H&M is on the right track. That shirt is super popular out here in Hawaii. When I think about it, these clothes will probably go well with H&M’s Coachella vibe, they’ve been doing over the last few years.
I guess I shoulda’ bought more Alexander Wang x H&M when I had the chance. But with 2 credit cards, a debit card and some cash, I barely made it out of there without washing dishes. The clothes are great. The 2 pairs of shoes are way too big. But nice to look at..LOL *If you want a pair of the Mens Alexander Wang x H&M shoes, email me, I’m sure we can figure out a trade/cash deal. They are still NIB.
What do you think of ERDEM x H&M? Me, I don’t quite get it. Or I keep forgetting that H&M also sells Women’s wear. And many celebrities wear the ERDEM clothes like: Emma Stone, Keira Knightley and Nicole Kidman.
We’ll keep you posted on the ERDEM x H&M collection. For now, we have this teaser video:
See you on the Streetz!