Category Archives: clothing
Balenciaga seems to pick one look each year for pure publicity. One year it was the duo shirt ($1,290), which had a T-shirt sewn behind a dress shirt, for the F/W2018 collection it was the iconic 7 layer jacket ($9,000). You can see them above/below or here on the Streetzblog. This year, it’s the grey sweat pants with the red plaid boxer briefs along the waistline. *Ya know the only time I saw someone wear the duo shirt, they had the plaid shirt on with the T-shirt dangling on the back. The model wears it with the T shirt and the long sleeve dropping up front. Interesting.
Unlike the duo shirt and the multi-layered jacket which both poked fun and helped Balenciago go viral. This year, the pants are not only going a bit viral, but come with controversy. “Sagging” as they call it, is not allowed in some states and lots of schools. Some of the the Twitter/IG conversation is claiming the pants racist, others are using the word Gentrified Sagging and many are just enjoying the goofiness of the pants.
The sweats are part of the F/W 2021 collection with the name: Trompe-L’Oeil Sweatpants. And of course, the price is a bit high at $1,190.
I’m thinking, the pants would have looked better with ripped Jeans and the boxers. The grey sweats are pretty old school.
What do you think? I suspect if the talk continues, the pants will either sell out quickly or be pulled off the site. Maybe, Just put em in the back of the closet with the duo shirt and the 7 layer jacket. As Creative Director of Balenciaga-Demna Gvasalia continues to laugh his way to the bank with massive amounts of money.
Demna and Virgil have the world hooked on whatever they create.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Spring-Summer 2022. Clones collection.
This is a show that needs to be watched at least 5x to see the many hidden and blatant meanings, musings, messaging and of course the clothing. Are the clothes on the models the clothes? Or maybe the collection is on the attendees all dressed in black. What is real? What is fake? Are those really Balenciaga bags with the Gucci pattern? So many different things going on. Its like a Where’s Waldo book for the fashionista. Take a look and see what you see? I suspect everyone sees something different.
The Matrix, Sisters of Mercy hairdo’s and shades, That one lady who looks like a robot, That other lady in black that never moves, The iPhones swaying side to side in unison. What do you see? Let us know in the comments section.
The world was opening, then it went a bit mad, now it’s time to stock up on supplies. Will we enter Mad Max Fury Road territory or can we hang on long enough to make it to promised land of Oz? Who knows what the world brings us in 2022. At least we can watch this a few more times to escape some of the things that may come our way.
As we always do on Runway shows, here are the Highlights and Lowlights of the show:
- Mirrored winged sunglasses with an ode to the lead singer of Sisters of Mercy
- The banging music
- The French prologue
- This is not a Gucci bag, it’s a Balanciaga that looks just like a Gucci bag
- The Simpsons hoodie (All sporting Balenciaga gear) Might want to pause it to see what they are wearing
- The Footlocker Balenciaga shopping bag. It’s probably $800 or more.
- That black hoodie with Orange lettering. My favorite colors.
- 90’s updated exaggerated Cyber-Goth pants
- Oversized bathrobe dresses
- That oversized puffer look we continue to see on the Runway
- The sadness on some of the models faces
- Shirts tucked into pants. All stuffy looking. Yikes!
- The red upside down chandelier dress
- That frilly black thing dangling on the models foot
- The show was too short
Balenciaga Clones Collection:
Demna Gvasalia declared:
“It’s a deep fake of a fashion show,” “What we see online is not what it is. What’s real and what’s fake?”
But no one was “there” and no one is “real.” “It’s a show that never happened,” “But the clothes are real; they were made.
Info provided by vogue.com June 2021
The show notes from vogue.com let us know that they used all of these futuristic applications to make the Runway show:
Have you ever even heard of some of the words above? How did you like/dislike the show? Will you purchase a Balenciaga/Gucci bag? What did you see that the Streetzblog missed? Favorite look? What was real what wasn’t? What will our world be like in 2022? Let us know in the comments below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Designer Brand Paris Etoile Pant S/S 2021
These pants contain MANY replicant Id’s from various brands. Including: Off-White, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Supreme, Unravel and Gucci. The pant features reflective 3M silver hits with Freddy Kreuger influenced scratches and an ode to David Bowie famous face triangles. Completing the look is a very complex oversized flo-orange zipper with skulls that glow underneath.
Pants were completely deconstructed at the seams to allow easier access. Underneath has Hits of reflective 3M silver and Glow in the Dark Skulls. Pants are slashed to have the underneath pop through. Includes jagged scissor cut at hem. The goal was to add as many brand names as I could find. Some tags are flown in from Korea, the unravel’s came with a pair of pants I purchased. And a couple other brand names came from a covid mask and a ladies hairband that I cut up.
If you need any help on how I made something. Just email me. The Big orange zipper was the most challenging. My sewing teacher was a great sport, super big help, but she still rolls her eyes when I mention the complex cosmic zipper. And yes, it really does work and the skulls do glow bright green. Makes the Black pant, Orange zipper and Green glow skulls come together quite pleasantly.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Jacuemus: Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway Show
The Jacquemus Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway show takes you on a colorful ride through a Teletubby land filled with Bright Orange, Florescent Pink, Bold yet Light Blue and some nice requisite deep dark monochromatic black. Complete with both menswear and womenswear rocked by super models including Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid.
From the Mountains to the cover of Vogue to the Athleisure bondage bedroom. Jacquemus takes you on a journey thru a multitude of colorful clothing and beautiful people. Giving us a look into the post pandemic Summer of Love Candy Land filled with non-stop Parties.
France’s Simon Porte Jacquemus coed collection can be seen below and pre-purchased now (7/2/21) on their website. Utilizing the pre-order formula, made to take care of the environment while maximizing profits. Just Like Travis Scott and McDonald’s did with their “streetwear” collection.
See the Highlights and the Lowlights and the Video of the full show below:
- Bright Orange and Bright Pink-Love that color combo
- Faux Green Lawn & Faux Blue Sky ala 1990’s Teletubbies TV show
- Shag haircuts + Corn Rows
- Zip upon Zipper Layering-Pretty Dope Effect
- The clean flow + fit of the thin fluescent fabrics
- Athleisure Bondage Vibe
- Tinie Tiny Purses + Big Bold Colorful Backpacks
- The Risque Sexy Ibizaesque Women’s Tops-Bound to sell-out
- Vibrant Colors taking us to into the Summer of Love Post Pandemic Party
- Baggy Brown Cowboy Pants
- Pink Skull cap hood like hat
- Flip-Flop cap ala Underdog
- Thick brown long skirt
- Men’s too tight black and grey striped and orange biker shorts
- Too many different themes
What do you think of the Runway Show? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Ryan Murphy Writer and Producer + Ewan McGregor The Star of the miniseries + the Studio 54 1970s, will equal Big Time D-R-A-M-A
Ewan McGregor of Star Wars and Trainspotting fame will transform into famed American designer-HALSTON. Ryan Murphy is the writer and producer, you know him from American Horror Story and Pose. And from the video below, you can feel Ryan’s dark dramatic vibe all over this upcoming miniseries coming to Netflix on May 14, 2021.
If you think the track on the trailer is familiar, It’s Depeche Mode’s Enjoy the Silence. It, sets an eerie feel for the ensuing drama about to happen throughout the Halston Mini series.
A Bit About Halston
Halston’s early work included designing Jacqueline Kennedy’s famous Pillbox hat that she wore to the inauguration of President Kennedy.
Halston is well known for Hot Pants, Ultrasuede Leisure Suits and Caftans. He also designed for some very High level entities including: the 1976 U.S Olympic Team, the Girl Scouts, The NYC Police department, Avis Rent a Car and Braniff Airlines.
The Mini Series on Netflix
Since Ryan Murphy is involved in the Mini series, we already know there will be some big time drama. And from the looks of the trailer, it will show the rise and tangled, drug fueled fall of Halston’s world. I know from watching another Halston movie, he got so lost, he ended up loosing his own name for a few years in the 80’s.
It should be fun to watch Ewan McGregor romp around Studio 54 with the likes of Liza Minnelli, Bianca Jagger and Andy Warhol. I hope they show the horse prancing around the nightclub.
Check out the trailer below to see what’s in store. The business meeting gives us a funny/unfunny slice of the mega drama about to be unleashed upon us via the special limited Netflix series. I sure hope by sister pays her Netflix bill in May!
And here is a sneak peak of the Streetzblog x Street Meat Market Movie:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Gucci Gang Gucci Gang-My Lean Costs more than Your Rent
Gucci Goes where Energy Flows
4/16/21: The Gucci Aria 15:30 minute mini movie takes the place of an IRL Runway show. It’s been interesting to see these mini movies encapsulate various brands new clothes. Some of the mini movies have been stark, some were brazen, a bit of color and some nice sleek black + White.
Gucci decided to throw everything into their mini movie. Some of it not too obvious, a bit more subtle, Yet, there is A LOT going on in this Mini Movie. The Musical soundtrack takes us on a historic journey spotlighting many eras of the Gucci brand. The songs mention Gucci, but do more than that as they set the tone and vibe for the clothes to Shine.
Gucci Aria: It all starts at the Club Savoy, inspired by the famous London hotel where Gucci Founder Guccio Gucciworked as the Maitre d’ prior to moving back to Florence to open a Leather goods store in 1921. takes us on a journey filled with so many clothes, fabulous walls filled with high-end Mega dollars worth of multiple blinking lights and some over the top accoutrements. I thought I saw Gucci looking like Balenciago, the first time I watched this. By the third time I watched, It is Balenciago and Gucci all on one garment! Two Mega Brands merging legally on to one garment. These will sell-out before they even hit the stores.
The movie continues with some classic Gucci looks and colors. Many oriented towards the 1970’s wide collared, oversized aviators disco phase. Lots of bling and big brash chain linked Gucci Choker necklaces. Along with a subtle nod to Dapper Dan. The more you watch the film, the more you will see the underlying secrets and brash nods to many upon many “Easter Eggs”. Kinda fun to watch a few times. I ended up watching it 4x before writing this.
OH and the Finale…Wow! Pretty out there! The Savoy Club doors open to a freak filled outdoor theater extravaganza, so many times over the top. It’s close to moving into the H&M videos/Zoolander territory. Floating people, slow-motion birds and horses, dancing in the fields while wearing very expensive clothing, heart shaped purses complete with Aorta & Arteries. Here we get a bit of a Tom Ford feeling and the art of the High Fashion beyond reality theme. All while the soundtrack asks: Waiting for the Stars to Align. What the Future Holds? Pretty sure they are talking about the post pandemic world. They say it loud and proud with odes to Classic Gucci intertwined with the flare of the Gucci Future, bold, brash, picturesque. Leading us into a future like no other. Will it be the Roaring 20’s? Or will it be Board games and Tea? We shall see, no one knows, whatever is around the corner will be what you make it and what you believe is possible. Lets all try our best to make it an Unbelievably Sexy Celebration in Grande Gucci Style!
“…whatever is around the corner will be what you make it and what you believe is possible. Let’s all try our best to make it an Unbelievably Sexy Celebration in Grande Gucci Style”
Below are the Highlights and LowLights:
- The Gucci Brand Music
- Rose Gold Balenciaga Choker Necklace + Gold Oversized Gucci Choker Necklace
- Silver, White, + Black Strobe Light Walls
- The White Suit-If you’re gonna wear John Travolta’s suit, it might as well be a Gucci
- Green Gucci Suit Green
- 1970s NYC vibe-Oversized Aviators and XL Shirt Collars, with a tad of Bell Bottoms
- Multi-Colored Jacket and Pants on White…I would like to see a still shot of these
- The Multi-Starred Black + White Suit
- Purple on Green…interesting color palette which works here
- The Savoy Work-Wear Jacket…It makes a quick appearance near the end
- That Square Brown Gucci Purse…Is it Retro Chic or brand New?
- The Surprise of Gucci x Balenciaga…Two x Mega Power House Brands in one Garment!
- The Leather Nipple Straps on Men
- Pink Furry Top
- Oversized Fur wristbands..Uhm? I don’t think so
- Furry Aqua Pants
- Horse Helmets-Even if I had a motorcycle, I couldn’t wear this
- The Chin Straps that come with the silly Horse Helmets
- Dangling Silver Nose Rings…Maybe better as earrings?
So that you don’t have to Shazaam all the great Gucci Tunes, Here is the Set-LIst of the Gucci Aria. Soundtrack by Alessandro Michele. Mixed by Lawrence Rothman
- Gucci Gang – Lil Pump
- Green Gucci Suit Green – Rick Ross feat. Future
- Gucci on My Bag – Mier
- Gucci Coochie – Die Antwoord and Dita Von Teese
In the theme of Gucci x Balenciaga. Here’s a sneak peak at my upcoming Designer Brand Etoile Pants F/W 2021-A Street Meat Market Product by Streetzblog:
Supreme x Gucci x Vape-Ghost x Honolulu Police x Susan G. Komen HI x Unravel Project x Off-White x Louis Vuitton x Street Meat Market x Streetzblog
See you on the Streetz…blog and maybe soon on the Real Streetz!
Givenchy Fall Winter 2021/22
Sleek set, pulse pounding soundtrack, Laser Lights and Lots of Black colored clothes. This is my kind of Runway Show! Dark, Defined, Elegance from start till finish. Check out the Givenchy show below as they take you on a little trip into the deep, dark, cauldrons of precise, distinct, crisp French tailoring. Any show with this much black is a winner in my book. The soundtrack and light show exude elegance of the Rich and Famous. Kinda like a James Bond Spy movie told in 10 minutes via hot models and slick, dark, perfectly placed, layers of clothing. With some great accoutrements Like the Giant Gold chain and the fun triple back packs and spot on make-up and hair styling.
I would dig going to the after-party of this show. Then heading over to Hotel Costes for a night cap or two. Of course wearing my black double hoodie, tailored black trousers, with the giant Gold chain and the triple back pack filled with enough gear to stay out till the sun comes up.
Here are the Highlights and Low Lights of Givenchy
- The Vibe
- The techno music and laser light show. Nice build up adding on layers as the video progresses
- Lots of Black colored High-End tailored clothes
- The Double Hoody look
- The Triple bag back-pack
- Black on black on black. Loving the layers
- Vibrant oversized Giant gold chain
- That grey skin tight sheathe dress
- Any show with puddles is a winner. And black puddles even better!
- The silver flasks worn as Necklaces. Nothing says Lets Party like a flask flinging around a Hot Models neck
- The Color brown. High-End French Luxury clothing should never be brown. The blacks, whites and a tad of taboo red do the trick quite nicely
- Some of that over the top bulky fur
- The fuzzy fur Mittens. Uhm?
- Main dislike is incorporating the knitted head-wear especially the creepy king crowns. Not even sure how they fit in to the HIgh-End tailored, dark, edgy, Spy Vibe. Could have used ultra High-End flat billed snapbacks. Maybe in black sleek satin or soft calfskin. Black logo on Black caps
See you on the Streetz…blog!
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
- The Flapping Grey Belts and Gray Accoutrements
- The Funky Black material for the vampy Blade inspired looks. Seems too thin and a bit tacky
- Frilly, Textured, Flowery, Material
- Lack of Ability to Spot the Celebs in Attendance
Y-3 is the Only Brand You Need
Runway Show Paris Fashion Week March 2019
If I could choose only one brand it would be Y-3. It can be worn at an upscale event, brunch, a Sporting event, on the streetz or even for lounging around the crib on a Sunday afternoon. Usual colors are Black + White and even when other colors are positioned in, they tend to look pretty nice.
The clothes are always made with superior high quality. Every pair of Y-3 pants I own are sturdy, solid and clean. I can actually feel the high standard of tailorshp that goes into them, when I wear them.
Although they can run a tad big at times. I do own a piece or 2 that are a bit big. If you get a chance, try them on. Pro Tip: SSENSE tends to have the best on-line sales. And Bloomingdale’s is the place to go for selection, quantity and to try the goods on for your fit. You may need to size down 1-2 sizes dependent on the year the Y-3 clothes are from. For this show they did run a tad Big. You can also catch Y-3 on the Adidas site, where you will find a pretty decent array of clothing and All of this season’s shoes.
- Comfy Flow
- Fluid Clean
- Oversized Fun Flair Street
- Black + White Layering upon Layer
- The YOHJI Track Jacket & Tees
- Melange of Exotic Swirling Colors
- White on Black Adidas Stripes Poppin’ like some Jiffy Pop
- The Kicks
- The Music during the Show
- The Orange, Black, White, color blocked Track Suit and Jumper
- The Unfazed Attendees
See you on the Streetz…blog!
LEGACY with Anne Namba
Goodwill Goes Glam 2019
Goodwill Goes Glam is one of my favorite times of the year. Fashion show then shopping for deals. This year we celebrated 30 years of Island Fashion with Anne Namba. Then it was on to the shopping. Saw some people pick up some nice Louis this year. I didnt quite do as well as usual. Although I did score an autographed Miami Hurricane jersey. Which I will most likely give to a friend who digs that team.
The pictures for 2019 are more artsy than actual Fashion photography. Was testing out some new lenses and filters. I started with 300 and whittled them down to about 100. It’s kind of like watching a video with pictures. Hope you enjoy it and that you can feel the vibe of the show. You can see a couple of past years of Goodwill goes Glam 2017 HERE and 2018 HERE
This marks the 8th year of this annual event. Have a great day or night and see you on the Streetz…blog!
The Dancers kicked off the show with a Bang!
Some Selfies to get the crowd excited and enthused for the Runway Show
Anne Namba celebrating 30 Years of Island Fashion. Goodwill celebrates 60 years of serving Hawaii
All shots this year were taken with the Canon Rebel T7i Camera EOS 800D by the Streetzblog team
And the show continues with more fun filled models and exquisite clothing
Almost Time to SHOP!
Let’s Shop!! First the Shoes, second is the hand bags, next up Aloha Shirts, and finish at the Sports team area
And the hectic scene with lots of action from the Check-Out Area
Until next year, See you on the Streetz…blog!