Category Archives: Brand Spotlight
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
The Streetzblog Annual HOT list for NYC Shopping (As of 12.22.19)
As usual, this year was a whirlwind. Stayed up most nights till 4am. Slept till Noon or 2pm. Then headed back out on the town. Some of the list is similar to past years and some are new for December 2019. Been listing the HOT list almost every year since 2011. Check some of the older posts to see additional shopping tips, trends and things to do.
The 2019 Lit List
- Barneys: Madison Ave and 60th St. Uptown, NY. This was part sad and part awesome. If yo get a chance go to either the uptown or the downtown Barney’s. They are going out of business and prices drop daily. The day I was there it was 35% off everything with an additional 20% off taken at the register. Scored a pair of 424 Black and Orange Kicks and a pair of pretty expensive pants form Ovadia & Sons. Saw a guy get a $1,500 bomber jacket for $166. I was looking at it, but didn’t price check it, so if you go, ask them the price. *Sacks 5th will now tend to the Barney’s leftovers.
- Urban Necessities: Broadway and Houston Soho, NY. @twojskicks I see this place on my IG almost everyday in Hawaii, always looks like they are having fun and wearing awesome kicks, so needed to check it out. If you’ve seen any street wear or kicks on the internet or IRL, stop by this place and they are bound to have it. Tons of Yeezy Boosts, Rare Air and Jordan 1’s. With lots of fresh clothes from the likes of Travis Scott and Off-White. I asked for a certain Travis Scott T and within minutes they had my size in my hands. Great pricing too. It usually runs $130-$150. Got it for a flat $100 bucks with no tax. Pro Tip: If you buy clothes in NY, anything under $200 is not taxed. They do this to support the Fashion Industry. Make sure you get the deal on Clothes, it is available to everyone. Under $200 no tax, serious.
- 375 Showroom Sample Sale: 36 Ludlow down the street from Katz Deli. @375Showroom This is the real deal. Off-White, Heron Preston, 424, and Anti Social Social Club. They have it all. And many products brand new in the bag. Prices were around 60% off retail with some even better deals to be found. Quality of goods-A+. Not sure how long the store will be around, if it is, go there. If not, check 375 showroom on IG and make an appointment. They have the goods! My score was a ASSC Orange lettering on Black hoodie. I should of bought ALL my Christmas presents at this Sample Sale!
- SNKRFLEA: Broadway between Grand and Howard, near Canal Street Soho, NY. @SNKRFLEA Streetwear store with really nice folks running the shop. Hung out here for about an hour. The 2 owners/employees are super cool and know their stuff. Travis Scott, Off-White clothes and kicks. Reasonably priced. They had some Travis Scott Kicks at about $600. Same kicks you can see going for $1200 other places. Cool people, stop by and say Streetzblog sent ya.
- Cafe Grumpy: 89 42nd Street on Lexington Midtown, NY. Near/At Grand Central Station. Some of the best tasting coffee in the nation. Each time I went here, the coffee had a big full bodied flavor. Hard to explain, but it wasn’t watery, was always full and tasty. Get there early if you want their specialty of 2019-the Turmeric Coffee. They also have some cool merch & Matcha, Peach Nectar and Strawberry Lush. My favorite part of this place is they let you order however you like and they filled my expresso up to the top with Oat Milk. A streetzblog recommend with 5 stars!
- Canal Street Market: 265 Canal St. Canal Street off Broadway, Chinatown, near Soho, NY. Clothes + Jewels Pop-Up and food emporium. Some nice vintage clothing and jewelry options, interesting food and bubble tea, festive wi-fi/socializing area and free + clean bathrooms. And I had the best tasting coffee ever. It was a Maple Salted Latte. Was the best coffee I’ve ever tasted. I think it was the salt that made it rock!
- Dover Street Market: Lexington & 30th St. Midtown, NY. This has been on the Lit List for 5+ years. Been going here every year since they opened up shop. December is a great time to visit since most of the clothing and some shoes are 50% off. Go to every floor if you can. head to the top first, it’s where you may be able to pick up a sought after Supreme hoodie or shirt. Then make your way thru the various floors including the: GDG, Nike x DSM, Various High End Designer lables, down to the basement where the T’s are located. A MUST go to spot when in NYC. And yes, it is located in the middle of nowwhere on Lexington near 30th.
- WICKED-The Musical: 222 West 51st St at the Gershwin Theater. Broadway and 51st. The BEST experience ever. From Start to finish, Wicked will have you mesmerized. I scored some 3rd row seats day before the show. Nicely priced. Was one of the best shows, events, things I have ever seen.
9. Sacks Fifth Avenue: 611 5th Ave. Near 50th and Rockefeller Center Midtown, NY. Not only do they have the best window display in town, but December brings you their designer sale. This year, I scored Y-3. And make sure you check out their newely revamped shoe and sneaker area. It is HUGE! Time to Unwrap the savings!
10. Bloomingdale’s: Uptown and Downtown. Many more HOT brands than the Hawaii location. It’s not even the same store as in HI. So much more!
11. Uncle Pauls Pizza: 70 Vanderbilt near 45th Midtown, NY. In the city that never sleeps, the city seems to be going to bed earlier this year. Thus, you have Uncle Pauls Pizza open till at least 1am or later. Great food and open when lots of places around mid town are closed.
12. ETC Eatery: 20th East 46th Street Midtown, NY. Open 24/7 Monday thru Saturday. The freshest and sweetest Mango in the country. I had Mango almost every day this year. Also have all the necessities needed at 2am. Sandwiches, Pop, snacks, toothpaste. With many Deli’s disappearing due to high rent. ETC is still rockin’ it all day and night.
12. Madison Square Garden: 31st and 8th Ave or 4 Pennsylvania Avenue Midtown, NY. Love the energy here. Rangers or Knicks, either one is a nice experience. This year, I saw the Knicks play some team from Milwaukee. Even though they lost big time, it was fun. Spike Lee was especially upset this night, was fun to watch him in action. And in addition to shooting shirts upwards, they threw them down on the crowd, which was quite funny!! #Knicksmas #nykmsg
14. Meyers of Keswick: 634 Hudson. Near Greenwich St. and close to Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment Greenwich Village, NY. If you need anything from England, they have it here. I get the Christmas pudding and hard sauce. They also have Lion Bars, Smarties, Robinia, fresh meat pies, English Beans and much, much more. A little hard to find via mapquest. Well worth the trip. Can be crowded on the Weekends and close to the Bigger holidays.
15. Adidas Downtown: 610 Broadway near Houston Soho, NY. I like this store more than the uptown version. Lots of inventory. Different gear and goods than on the app or on-line. Sometimes you will get lucky and find some sold out deals too. friendly staff and located in prime Soho real estate location.
16. Nike NYC: 650 5th Avenue near 50th and 51st Streetz. Uptown, NY. This store is amazing. Last year, I customized some Jordan 1’s. This year, they had an interactive Kyrie Irving game. You entered the see through court, put on a pair of Kyrie’s Kicks in any size you need. Then dribbled a real ball on a real court to shoot a lay up or make a dunk. The store recorded the vid for you and then you could post it on Social Media. This store is a must see for anyone visiting or living in NYC. With that we end the Lit List for 2019. Mic is dropped!
17. Modell’s at Penn Plaza: 430 Seventh Ave. Midtown NY. A must visit after any game at MSG. I go every time I see a Knicks or Rangers game. It’s just fun to go inside especially if the team wins. Everyone is in post game jovial mood + and it’s an exciting social experience. In 2019, not only was it fun, but they had some what I would call BEYOND deals! Things you see on the internet for big bucks going for Super-Cool deals: $10 Majestic T’s and $25 various teams including Lakers, Knicks and Pelicans Hoodies. I scored a $100 Yankees Jersey made out of that nice Climalite material for a mere $25!! Best deal of the trip. And it doesn’t have some random player on the back. Totally classic, cool, comfy and will last a lifetime. SCORE!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Y-3 Fits on Point
Y-3 Runway Show Menswear Spring/Summer 2019
Sunday June 24, 2018 Paris, France-Musee des Arts Decoratifs
Y-3 is the sporty athlesuire brand designed by Yohji Yamamto in conjunction with Adidas. They tend to stick true to their black and white color palette, with hints of various colors each season. For SS 2019 we see some reds, greens, blues and a tannish beige/Off White. Y-3 is one of Streetzblog’s favorite brands. If we save up $$ for something, it’s usually Y-3, Rick Owens, Off-White or Alexander Wang x Adidas.
There’s plenty of time to save up, the clothes in this video will be ready to wear in Spring/Summer of 2019.
Y-3 enjoys the greatness of being able to work with ateliers in both Tokyo and Germany. Bringing the best of both Countries together. This collection shows the specialty cuts from Tokyo/Yohji Yamamoto with innovative texture of clothing from Germany/Adidas. One of the Hot, New fabrics is used right now (June 2018) by athletes and will be available for all of us to wear in 2019. It’s the lightest Gore-Tex ever made entitled Shakedry.
The Biggest plus from the show are the clothes are getting back to baggy. Flowing, yet crisp Silhouettes. Some leggings inside of bellowing shorts and wide leg pants, which takes us one step further away from the Skinny Jean Fad. And the Kicks are very nice and comfy with the rad Y-3 logo ever present.
This Runway show needs to be watched 2-5x to get the full effect. It’s hard to decide whether the clothes or the kicks are the Star. Both looks are on my Most Wanted List. If you look close at the clothes, you may see the new Y-3/Skull logo. It’s there, just a bit hard to find. See what you think of the clothes and kicks and let us know in the comments section. And if you can’t wait till Spring/Summer 2018, you can get some nice deals (up to 30% off) on the y-3 stacked logo, limited edition James Harden collection or some nice Bashyo’s here at Y3.com
Below are some of the Best looks from the Runway. Pictures courtesy of Vogue.com See more pix here at (Vogue.com) Shakedry name supplied by Vogue and WWD.
See you on the Streetz!
51PERCENT S/S 2018
Korean Fashion Brand-51PERCENT brings us a pretty perfect pair of BBP’s-Black Bondage Pants. The Fit below serves up some Pretty Nice-Strapped, Zipped, Fresh & Clean BBP’s.
From the same 51PERCENT collection we see a lot of Matrix the Movie Influence. Some nice pix from their LOOKBOOK are below:
To see more or get some of the Unconscious Desires S/S 2018 Collection, click Here.
See You On The Streetz…Blog!
Y-3 Spring/Summer 2018 Runway Show
Y-3 is Slammin’ the Jams on the Spring/Summer 2018 Runway! Here’s the Highlights:
Simple yet Sweet Stacked Logo items-Jackets, shorts, shirts, socks & backpacks
Lots of Black & White
Lots of Luxe-Life Kicks fixes! The Hi-Top Bashyo, Boosted Kusari & Boosted Saikou. Style and comfort. Elevated Next Level Shizzems
Solid Confidence on the Runway gives you & me EXTRA Swagger on the Streetz
The BASHYO with stacked logo in Black, White and Red. Immediately raises your Clout Level. On the Street, in the Office, at the Club
Tailored Baggy Silhouettes = More Comfort on the Black-Top or in the Board-Room
Energetic, Youthful, Fierce, Solid, Swagger
On Trend-Wear Y-3 Bold or Understated. The Choice is Yours
Available now (3/18/18) Here
Yohji Yamamoto Fall/Winter 2018-19
Paris Fashion Week: March 2, 2018
One of my goals is to make it to NY Fashion week. After seeing the Paris shows in Feb/Mar 2018, I’m thinking a better goal is to make it to Paris Fashion week. This show is from the Paris portion of the Feb/Mar Quad Fashion Foray. New York, London, Milan & Paris. And it is Exquisite. Yes, Paris is the goal! Or as YY calls it on the IG post: the Cite de la Mode
Only doing Highlights today. The show doesn’t really have any low-lights other than the color brown…LOL I’ll stick with the 2018 easy to read, super-quick attention span style of writing with the fun fonts, colors, bolding etc.
Flowing, Graceful, & Peaceful
Color Palette: Black, Dark Grey, A Bit of White and some Brown
A bit of Bowie influence on the Make-Up side of things. Rectangles over one eye
Asymmetric, Bulky-Fluidity, Moving like a slowed down silent movie
Classic, Yet a la mode, On-trend, Traditional YY
Comfy Kicks in Highs and Lows-Extra Nice Boots, Cool Tennies in Black and White
Did I say lots and lots of the color Black! YAH!!
Check out the crowd, it’s like they’re frozen in time, in a trance like state! I don’t think I saw a single person move the whole show. Amazing. And by the looks of the crowd, seems like they took their iPhones from them before the show? Maybe?
Fun Times on Canal St. NYC
A Trip to NY isn’t a trip to NY without a stop on Canal Street to check the Knock-Off Goods. If you were there in early February 2018, you could’ve scored some decent DIESEL or shall we say DEISEL Gear.
The Real Deal DIESEL set up shop along Chinatown’s Canal street during NYFY2018. For the first day, they acted as if everything was a knock-off. The 2nd day they let everyone know that it was really DIESEL. The brand received lots of exposure and hopefully some younger fans of the brand.
Prices were also inexpensive and sold on eBay for much more. ProTip: The DIESEL SITE says to check back on February 19 for a re-stock on the Goods! Check em out, you may be one of the lucky one’s to score some great deals on DEISEL! See you on the Streetz…blog!
On the topic of brands knocking off their own brands. Here’s Gucci with Guccy. I bet they sold a lot of these after the NBA All-Star Game 2018. Heard one of the announcers say something like this: Hey, what’s that shirt? That’s not how you spell Gucci
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Alexander Wang F/W 2018
Even in a standard cubicle setting, Alexander Wang’s Runway Collection is spot on. If you ever wanted to know what the AW Vibe is, this is it!
Multiple Silver Zipper LBD, my favorite
Leggings Like Credit Cards
Sunglasses cooler than the Kurt Cobain White Clout Goggles. These glasses will give you Some Real Major Clout!
Bella Hadid & Kaia Gerber
80’s Power Woman x 2018 Minimalism x Standard AW LBD
Anna Wintour & Cardi B
Four Times Square – the Old Conde Nast Headquarters, where AW was an intern at Teen Vogue & Vogue
Really Cool-Bangin’ Drumbeat Provided by M.E.S.H entitled: Inspired by A True Story
The usual Vibrant, Gallant AW jog at the end of the Show
Yohji Yamamoto Fall/Winter 2018/19 Menswear
Newest of the New Number Three
Streetzblog’s quest to find what to wear and what’s trending for Fall/Winter 2018/19 continues with the Yohji Yamamoto F/W 2018-19 Runway show.
Here we go:
Ultra-Baggy, Flowing, Layering
Skirts for men, Cropped, Wide legged, Exaggeration of Proportions
Colors: Black, Grey, White and Red
Suit Jacket x Street-wear x The Victorian Dandy
Textiles, Printed Imagery, Re-Creation
As Count Dracula would dress for a Black Tie Event
I tend to like Blacks, Grey’s and layering. Thus, this is one of my favorite Runway show’s for the Fall/Winter 2018-19 season. Very nice clothing. See you on the Streetz…blog.
LANDLORD Spring/Summer 2018
There’s some really nice Punk/Camo on the web from this brands February 2018 Runway show in NY. So, I went to check them out and found this vid. Even though, it’s barely 2018, this is the older clothes than what I saw for W/F 2018. Will post some of that over the weekend. For now, here are the Highlights and Lowlights of this show.
- Nice Colorful Camos
- Black Military inspired jacket and pants
- Fun & Lively Soundtrack
- 90’s Vibe-Not enough 2018
- Cool minimal setting with nice lighting
- Cut Models
- Funny Criss x Cross belts with that just flopped around
- Too Much 90’s influence
- 90’s pants
- Had a bit of swearing in the music bed
- Annoying guy in pink shirt swerving his iPhone
Check out the video and let me know your thoughts? See you on the Streetz…blog.