Vivienne Westwood’s London in Paris
Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood. Saturday October 1, 2022. Paris, France. S/S23.
In the Audience: Halsey, Doja Cat, Coco Rocha and Evan Mock. Models included: Bella Hadid, Irina Sayk and Stella Maxwell.
It’s fun to catch a Runway show live as it happens. It’s like watching a Football game in real time compared to taped. It’s in the moment, gives an extra punch of excitement and just feels right. That’s how I watched the VW SS23 show on October 1st 2022.
Court Jesters, Harlots, Nobles, Commoners, a bit of Oliver Twist and a Bright Yellow Bird!
The show was in Paris, yet oozed with England’s vast culture and history. The renaissance, the swinging 60’s, a swanky sometimes campy essence. Giving the viewer some Oliver Twist and King Arthur vibes with many Easter eggs filled with Viviennism’s.
The clothes were interchangeable between male and female. And many wore 60’s vibing brown crocodile Go Go boots with extremely high heels ala Rick Owens. Every time the models walked the stage it was like they were about to topple over. And one model did make a quick ditch to the floor. Yet popped back up with resounding cheers from the attendees.
Super slick wet hair was the norm and a bit of Paris was inserted with the man with the spiked hair and make-up to provide us with the Tour d’eiffel.
Bella Hadid with the sprayed on dress has been the Fashion moment of the year happening just a day before the show. During this Runway she makes boxing gloves fashionable giving you a Warhol x Basquait moment.
Was a fun show, part was because it was live and part because there was so much of Vivienne Westwoods England entranced throughout the show. Let us know what you thought of this show or this years Paris Fashion week. Comments section below is always available 24/7 for comments, questions and mini reviews.
*Pictures taken via iPhone 13 Max screen shot and edited during the live runway show.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Fendi Fun Bold and Exquisite
Fendi Menswear Spring/Summer 2023. Streamed June 2022 from Roma, Italy
The Men’s show’s are coming at us all of a sudden, fast & furious. And pretty sure this is the first Fendi show we’ve ever reviewed. No reason, this one I just happened to see a on my IG live then re-watched it on YouTube.
Nice to see, there’s no play on post pandemic/post apocalyptic worlds. Instead, we have plenty of Nice festive colors, bold and plentiful logos, 3/4 length shorts that flow oh so perfectly, the color ORANGE, and some fun logo’d bucket hats & pants.
Let’s check out the Highlights and Lowlights:
- Black & Grey logo’d Fendi Bucket Hats and Pants
- The Floating Fendi F’s in the sky below the ceiling-Quite spectacular
- Orange! I’m a sucker for anything Orange and there’s a couple nice pieces in the show
- 70’s Leather Jacket
- 3/4 length perfectly flowing sweetly tailored shorts-One of may all time favorite pants. Just below the knee and kinda’ baggy. I could wear those every day.
- The infrared Liquid Sky beginning, gives the show a Bold, Colorful vibe even before the show started
- The Black and the orange Jacket/shirt. Those are a must cop
- The Music-Adds a nice Pop to the show
- Cut off jeans-Ugh will probably cost $800 or more. Just make your own. Pretty easy to make a #realfake on these
- Way too short shorts
- Vinyl brown Pants and the shimmering brownish gold pants
- Khaki’s-I believe khaki’s don’t belong in this world at all. And would never wear them, unless my boss made me
- And maybe a few of the bags-Possibly if I lived in Italy, they would look more stylish
See you on the streetz…of Italy this week! (June 2022)
Balenciaga’s Brave New World
Balenciaga 360 Show Winter 22 Collection
Wowza! Demna is on fire and as cold as ice.
The Balenciaga show is set in a monochromatic cavernous area, maybe a hockey rink? With man made snow drenching each and every model as they try and traverse the complicated terrain. Inching ever closer to the promised land. Dressed in blacked out everything-shirt, jacket, pants, boots, cap and sunglasses. With the white snow, the blacks pop so ever nicely.
They have slick extra wet hair to match their surroundings as they push further into the exterior boundaries, fleeting through their snowy escape, to some-where and no-wear. Drawing on the past of Demna’s experience in the 1993 Russia x Georgia war, brings this show into the here and now with what is happening in Ukraine.
On a happier note, I can’t wait until we see people paying $1,500 for their own Balenciaga Garbage Bag. Be it in Black, White, Powder Blue..or I could even see a limited edition version done up with the yellow and black Balenciaga caution tape. Now, that would be a bag to have. And will make Balenciaga an even bigger bag filled to the brim with cashola!
To get the look on the cheap will be super easy, unlike other replicants that can take months to make, you just need some standard Hefty bags and some oversized sunglasses.
In a way I missed seeing what the crowd was wearing, but at the same time, it didn’t matter much with a show this extraordinary.
The show is brilliant, amazing, emotional, in the now, pure genius level idea and execution.
This is not just a show of clothes or a great setting in the snow. It’s a moving, emotional portrayal of what some are going through or witnessing in their worlds right now. (March 2022)
- The triple Blacked out black on black on black clothing and accessories
- Black and Yellow Balenciaga Caution Tape
- The setting and the music
- The man-made SNOW!
- The models method acting their walks..some off balance, some even looked a bit tipsy, wonder if anyone fell?
- The oversized sunglasses, chokers and earrings. Loud and Big, great to show off in
- Quadruple pocket shirts
- Bellowing black Goth Capes
- The Garbage bags: It will be fun to see who purchases their thousand dollar Kitchen bag
- The Frilly fringe textured pant suit
- Dangling western wear strands of materials
- Awkward over sized black boots. That snow is gonna go straight into them, making your feet very wet and cold
- The Garbage bags: Will people really carry these around? The answer is YES, they will and they will pay $1500 or more to do it. Hopefully they will add some gold Balenciaga garnishes to the finished product
Music: Like 3 chapters in a book or 3 phases of a speech, the music adds to the ambiance of the event. It’s an element that is needed to convey the message and vibe of the show full circle.
David Kadouch-Slavonic Dances in E Minor: Beautiful poignant classical music. Filling the senses with serenity and peace
BRFND-360: Some hard core techno to blast you out of your arm chair to take action in your life world and affairs.
BFRND-Storm: Slightly cheesy 90’s rave culture. Lets get to the promised land now to be happy. Or be happy now wherever you are, whatever you are doing. Its your mind that puts you into your emotion, not the outside circumstances. Be happy now wherever you are, even in the midst of chaos, war or a bad snow storm.
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future!
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future! What did you think of the show? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Into the Out we Go
DSQUARED2 Spring/Summer 2022 Men’s and Women’s Runway Show-September 26, 2022
DSQUARED2 brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2022. The Clothes, the setting and the music all provided an entertaining event. But Dang! Tonight I missed sewing class. Worked on a WORK project from 5p-8p. I never miss sewing class, that is sacred time for me. Takes me forever to complete a project and missing a week throws me all off base. I bring up class because I know how hard it is to make those custom patch Jeans and cargo’s. It’s probably worth your $700-$1200 that they may charge for them. A lot of work goes into that fit
I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Up-Beat, Fun, Driving the show Forward, with some interesting intrinsic hidden meanings that matched the clothes. If you hear it a few times, you may notice it. Very nice music! The show gives us a vibe from the 1990’s Club Kid Era with modern cuts and colors appropriate for the “hopeful” Post Pandemic world we should be in Spring/Summer 2022
The show brought joy and fun to the Runway. Some dope pants for both Men and Women, all three, the cargo’s, jeans and the sliced and diced chrome collection. Oversized green camo with bright Orange Linings-A never miss duo. That’s in my top 10 for sure. The black boots with white laces and the overall vibe of the show was very positive and entertaining from start to finish. I may cut my air like the Asian man model. And did that shirt really say Boy Bitch on it!! LOL BTW: Not sure what the song is called, here is the info on who provided it @adrianoalboni But as of 9/29/21 there are no posts on his IG site. A great time for him to get noticed, but I guess he wants to stay UG (Underground) If any one knows the name of the tune, please let us know in the comments section below
As per usual, we watch the show, then do the Highlights and the Lowlights. Here they are for the DSQAURED2 S/S 2022 show:
- Green Camo with bright Orange Linings
- the Music My favorite part of the show
- Black Combat boots with white laces
- Ripped Chrome Mens and Womens pants. Especially the Bronze colorway
- Greenish Blue cargos. Not exactly sure of the color but I’d rock them
- the Graffiti
- Patch Jeans and Patch cargos
- White Cargos with black stripe
- the Club Kid Crown
- Butterfly wings on the guys
- Shorts just about 2.2 inches too short
- they walked way to fast for my brain to catch up with the clothes
- the Club Kid Crown…yep it made both categories. Kinda nice Ode to Michael Alig (RIP) and the NYC Club kids, but also looked a bit flimsy and it’s always been too dorky for my taste
And if you want to see how far DSQUARED2 has traveled and progressed, see the F/W 2012-13 show below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Jackin’ Music Colorful Clothes Prelude to Summer Party
Jacuemus: Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway Show
The Jacquemus Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway show takes you on a colorful ride through a Teletubby land filled with Bright Orange, Florescent Pink, Bold yet Light Blue and some nice requisite deep dark monochromatic black. Complete with both menswear and womenswear rocked by super models including Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid.
From the Mountains to the cover of Vogue to the Athleisure bondage bedroom. Jacquemus takes you on a journey thru a multitude of colorful clothing and beautiful people. Giving us a look into the post pandemic Summer of Love Candy Land filled with non-stop Parties.
France’s Simon Porte Jacquemus coed collection can be seen below and pre-purchased now (7/2/21) on their website. Utilizing the pre-order formula, made to take care of the environment while maximizing profits. Just Like Travis Scott and McDonald’s did with their “streetwear” collection.
See the Highlights and the Lowlights and the Video of the full show below:
- Bright Orange and Bright Pink-Love that color combo
- Faux Green Lawn & Faux Blue Sky ala 1990’s Teletubbies TV show
- Shag haircuts + Corn Rows
- Zip upon Zipper Layering-Pretty Dope Effect
- The clean flow + fit of the thin fluescent fabrics
- Athleisure Bondage Vibe
- Tinie Tiny Purses + Big Bold Colorful Backpacks
- The Risque Sexy Ibizaesque Women’s Tops-Bound to sell-out
- Vibrant Colors taking us to into the Summer of Love Post Pandemic Party
- Baggy Brown Cowboy Pants
- Pink Skull cap hood like hat
- Flip-Flop cap ala Underdog
- Thick brown long skirt
- Men’s too tight black and grey striped and orange biker shorts
- Too many different themes
What do you think of the Runway Show? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Discord in the Dystopian Sea
The Ocean, the Beach + Rick Owens
Rick Owens Runway Show Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2021/22
The New Normal is a Nickel Plated Slate Grey Dystopian World-Scott Mackenzie
Rick takes us to a deserted beach in the middle of Winter to show his post covid collection of super long sleeves, multi mega ripped cat suits, and clunky heeled boots. The bone skinny models fitted in comfy down jackets, saunter flawlessly across the stark cement runway. While small cold waves crash into the sand. Can you feel the chill? Are you ready for Dystopian Chic Blade Runner Gentrification?
I like it when Rick sticks to what he does best-High end clothing with unconventional yet wearable cuts in greys and blacks. It was nice to see the greys and blacks back in action at this show. Although, some of those ultra long sleeves and skirts skimming the pavement would be quite challenging to wear crossing the street at 45th and Madison. I do suspect the sleeves and skirts will shorten a bit by the time the collection appears in store or on-line. All in all a solid Rick Owens show. Showing some classic looks along with exaggerated fits created more for publicity and not actual wearing.
The creativity of using the pre-made rock path as the runway was probably the biggest hit of the show. And gives ideas to other designers to take the runway to unconventional locations throughout the world. Where I live on the island of Oahu in Hawaii, it gives me ideas to stage a show at Kualoa Ranch/Jurassic Park, on a cracked sidewalk in Downtown/Chinatown or maybe even the top floor of the Walmart parking lot across from where I work.
Listed below are the Highlights and Lowlights. See you at the Beach!
- The setting. A built in Runway surrounded by the cold ocean at a beach with No people
- Behind the Scenes action. Fun to see the crew getting the models ready to walk
- The Music: Fit the cold stark eerie mood of the setting
- Greys and Blacks
- The PInk Hair. It would be more spectacular with some more hair colors like: popcorn yellow, bleached blue and neon green.
- The Multi -Mega ripped catsuit and dress
- Blade runner dystopian theme throughout
- The Giant shoulder pads
- Aqua sequins
- Behind the Scenes acting up: The people were all too stressed out and moving too quickly. The show was doing fine with a nice mellow feel, then Bam! They acted like it was the end of the world.
- The Music: Could have added in a bit of drum and base and mixed it up a bit
- The skirts that flowed out at the knee
- Bellowing smoke at the tip of the runway
What did you think of the Rick Owens runway show? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dope Music, Fluid Flow, & Comfy Clothes
Helmut Lang Runway Spring/Summer 2020
Spacious, Stark blanc en blanc room with pops of colored clothing…fluidly floating thru Time and Space. The Helmut Lang Runway show for the Spring/Summer 2020 season provides a nicely mixed soundtrack of techno tracks, with models perfectly choreographed to flow through the intersections of time and space provided.
Giving us high end luxury clothing that looks super comfortable to wear indoors and out. For both Women and Men. Trust me, Helmut Lang clothes are well constructed, made of high end fabrics, sewed to perfection. Flawless execution of fabrication deluxe. Below are the Highlights and Lowlights of the Helmut Lang Runway Show.
- The Music. Flow of it. Techno pulse of it. Vibe of it, to fit the Venue
- The multi pocketed Olive green cropped jackets
- The Comfy, Fluid, feel of the clothing. It all felt just so comfortable. Flowing, Swirling, thru the cross Trafficked runway
- The Army Green/Olive colors
- Use of straps (Both Men’s and Women’s)
- Silver on White
- Blanc en Blanc setting. Let the clothes do the walking and talking
- Bright Yellow. Yep, Even I liked the Color yellow popping through the stark white background
- The Light Green Men’s Suit
- Bright Yellow + Neon Pink Women’s dresses
- The Helmut Lang Quality of the Clothing
- Too much of the color White
- Not enough of the color Black. (Most of the best HL clothes are black or at least Gun Metal/Nickel colored)
- Da Vinyl clothing
- Beige/Brown. Two of the worst clothing colors other than White and Aqua
- The Faded blue Jeans Jacket and Pants. Just did not fit the rest of the higher end line of the Brand
Y-3, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Daniel Patrick and Chapter are streetzblog favorites featuring mostly darker shades of clothing, solidly made tailoring, to wear for many years to come. Over the last 3 years, Helmut Lang has become a go to favorite along the same lines as the brands listed above.
In December 2018, I had finished up a lunch with my friend at a super-good vegan joint near Union Square, NYC. I figured I’d head to Soho on Foot. Was a lot longer and colder than I expected. But, I landed at the Helmut Lang Sample sale. I do LOVE a good sample sale. And this was Perf for me. Almost the entire selection was my all time Favorite color-Black!
I was in that sample sale for like 2 hours. Trying on things, snagging & swooping upon shirts and pants as soon as someone put them back, and putting some back myself as I was on a Bit of a budget. Socializing, touching and feeling each and every piece of these high end quality items. And waiting for an XL or even a L to appear in the Hoodie section. I ended up with 5 items: Black Calf Skin Luxe-Life Kicks, Perfectly tailored Shorts, One T shirt and a pair of Gaberdine Trousers with crisp cool exquisite buttons on the bottoms of the legs. All at 70-80% off retail. Hanging out and purchasing these items, I became an instant fan of the Brand.
Here’s a picture of the Helmut Lang Luxe-Life Kicks. Super comfortable in the color black…of course:
Recently (January 2021) before going on my 90 day no shoes no clothes purchasing cleanse. In January 2021, I re-found Helmut Lang during their Surplus Sale. Was just like a NY Sample sale, yet on line. Not quite as much fun, no hanging with people, no touching the fabrics, no trying on clothes and shoes. But I did know the quality would be there. Scored some pretty dope pieces yet again. A long Sleeve Army Green Modal Cotton (The kind of cotton that is smooth and silky on the skin) A really nice pair of 3m striped pants (Black with silver stripe), a pair of Gun Metal Colored shorts similar to the sample sale, just a bit more fitting and of course a T shirt. Budget was under $225, retail was over $1050. SCORE!
Here’s the Helmut Lang F/W 2020 Pants with Silver 3M Stripe:
I’ve got my eyes on the New Helmut Strap joggers and the Strap knee length shorts. Hope they have enough stock for a sample or surplus sale on these 2 items. Maybe in May. And Maybe in May, we can shop in store again? Hope, the in-store experience comes back sooner than later. I really cant go anywhere nowadays, I like to touch the materials too much, and peruse for way longer than the usual customer. Thus, it’s way too risky of an endeavor for me in March 2020 thru May? 2021.
If you want to see the new goods or the current sale, check Helmut Lang out right here
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga wears their Sunglasses at Night!
Balenciaga Spring Summer 2021 Paris Fashion Week (October 5, 2020)
The World feels a bit better now with this show. Slick, nice music, real streetz, Paris at Nuit. Aaaah, feeling good today. Check out the Balenciaga S/S 2021 Runway show and the Streetzblog Hi-Lights and Low-Lights below:
- The dark streetz
- The womens wear especially the silver dress and bright outfit and the slashed/ripped dress
- The silver phone case necklaces
- The Music. Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart. Sounds like it was remastered and a few extra beats added to the OG. Fits the vibe like a glove
- The Sunglasses. The Big Black versions!
- There’s a pair of shoes somewhere in here that has actual springs on them. Pro Tip: They are called the X-Pander, the latest and greatest street sneaks from Balenciaga.
- The Setting-Paris and the Eiffel Tower
- The Yellow E’s Good on Halloween Smiley Face T
- The crisp cool lighting and Electro vibe of the video
- Some of the guys clothes-looked too 1990’s and cut off jeans?
- No Masks
- Need a close up of the sneakers with the springs
- More Post Apocalyptic. Has the setting the music the vibe, but not the clothes
- Faded Jeans
- Bulky parkas and long trenches
Also, be sure to look over the credits at the end. Very detailed information about social distancing, sanitizing and even info on how the snacks and food was served and eaten.
Note for later: The Date on this show is October 5, 2020.
We are now really and Officially in the Blade Runner/Mad Max reality world. The FUTURE is NOT later, it is NOW.
See you on the Streetz!
Bling Blang Wang
Alexander Wang Runway Show
New York City
Sunday June 3, 2018
Early Summer NYC with crisp cool air, Alexander Wang and the Wang Gang bring the Heat. The Athleisure Sexy Bondage Sexy Goth, Bling AW Belts, Spiked heels, Bulky Kicks, with some patriotic clothes and Star make-up mixed in for good measure. Quite a Show.
AW keeps to his traditional color palette of black and white. The overall look is similar to the 2014 AW x H&M Collection.
I’m liking the uni-sex number 88 jersey. Black & White with some comfy short sleeves. The roominess is a great sign for Fall 2018.
Looking like it’s gonna be an Alexander Wang Gear 4th of July party! Face paint with striped stars, nice touch. Pop of red with a hint of blue. I see a Lei!
The Athleisure Bondage Sexy Goth. Makes you want to quit the carbs and get some abs..eh?
Nice roof-top NYC setting. Sandra Bernhard hosted Wang TV. The Classic Alexander Wang running, jumping, waving, smiling & greeting guests post show. One last look at the Bling it on, leather, no lace lookity-look for Fall 2018
See you on the Streetz!
*Pix taken via the live stream (6/3/18) on AWTV. With a couple screen shots from the AW IG.