Jacuemus: Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway Show
The Jacquemus Fall/Winter 2021-22 Runway show takes you on a colorful ride through a Teletubby land filled with Bright Orange, Florescent Pink, Bold yet Light Blue and some nice requisite deep dark monochromatic black. Complete with both menswear and womenswear rocked by super models including Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid.
From the Mountains to the cover of Vogue to the Athleisure bondage bedroom. Jacquemus takes you on a journey thru a multitude of colorful clothing and beautiful people. Giving us a look into the post pandemic Summer of Love Candy Land filled with non-stop Parties.
France’s Simon Porte Jacquemus coed collection can be seen below and pre-purchased now (7/2/21) on their website. Utilizing the pre-order formula, made to take care of the environment while maximizing profits. Just Like Travis Scott and McDonald’s did with their “streetwear” collection.
See the Highlights and the Lowlights and the Video of the full show below:
- Bright Orange and Bright Pink-Love that color combo
- Faux Green Lawn & Faux Blue Sky ala 1990’s Teletubbies TV show
- Shag haircuts + Corn Rows
- Zip upon Zipper Layering-Pretty Dope Effect
- The clean flow + fit of the thin fluescent fabrics
- Athleisure Bondage Vibe
- Tinie Tiny Purses + Big Bold Colorful Backpacks
- The Risque Sexy Ibizaesque Women’s Tops-Bound to sell-out
- Vibrant Colors taking us to into the Summer of Love Post Pandemic Party
- Baggy Brown Cowboy Pants
- Pink Skull cap hood like hat
- Flip-Flop cap ala Underdog
- Thick brown long skirt
- Men’s too tight black and grey striped and orange biker shorts
- Too many different themes
What do you think of the Runway Show? Let us know in the comments section.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
The Ocean, the Beach + Rick Owens
Rick Owens Runway Show Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2021/22
The New Normal is a Nickel Plated Slate Grey Dystopian World-SM
Rick takes us to a deserted beach in the middle of Winter to show his post covid collection of super long sleeves, Multi Mega ripped cat suits, and clunky heeled boots. The bone skinny models fitted in comfy down jackets, saunter flawlessly across the stark cement runway. While small cold waves crash into the sand. Can you feel the chill? Ready for Dystopian Chic Blade Runner gentrification?
For some reason, many of the Highs are also the Lows. Listed below are the Highlights and Lowlights. See you at the Beach!
- The setting. A built in Runway surrounded by the cold ocean at a beach with No people
- Behind the Scenes action. Fun to see the crew getting the models ready to walk
- The Music: Fit the cold stark eerie mood of the setting
- Greys and Blacks
- The PInk Hair. It could have been more spectacular with some popcorn yellow, bleached blue and neon green. Like every 4th person would have been pretty cool to do
- The Multi -Mega ripped catsuit and dress
- Blade Runner Dystopian Theme throughout
- The Giant shoulder pads
- Aqua sequins
- Behind the Scenes acting up. The people were all too stressed out and moving too quickly. The show was doing fine with a nice mellow feel, then they acted like it was the end of the world.
- The Music: Could have added in a bit of Drum and Base and mixed it up a bit
- The skirts that flowed out at the knee
- Bellowing smoke at the tip of the runway
Dope Music, Fluid Flow, & Comfy Clothes
Helmut Lang Runway Spring/Summer 2020
Spacious, Stark blanc en blanc room with pops of colored clothing…fluidly floating thru Time and Space. The Helmut Lang Runway show for the Spring/Summer 2020 season provides a nicely mixed soundtrack of techno tracks, with models perfectly choreographed to flow through the intersections of time and space provided.
Giving us high end luxury clothing that looks super comfortable to wear indoors and out. For both Women and Men. Trust me, Helmut Lang clothes are well constructed, made of high end fabrics, sewed to perfection. Flawless execution of fabrication deluxe. Below are the Highlights and Lowlights of the Helmut Lang Runway Show.
- The Music. Flow of it. Techno pulse of it. Vibe of it, to fit the Venue
- The multi pocketed Olive green cropped jackets
- The Comfy, Fluid, feel of the clothing. It all felt just so comfortable. Flowing, Swirling, thru the cross Trafficked runway
- The Army Green/Olive colors
- Use of straps (Both Men’s and Women’s)
- Silver on White
- Blanc en Blanc setting. Let the clothes do the walking and talking
- Bright Yellow. Yep, Even I liked the Color yellow popping through the stark white background
- The Light Green Men’s Suit
- Bright Yellow + Neon Pink Women’s dresses
- The Helmut Lang Quality of the Clothing
- Too much of the color White
- Not enough of the color Black. (Most of the best HL clothes are black or at least Gun Metal/Nickel colored)
- Da Vinyl clothing
- Beige/Brown. Two of the worst clothing colors other than White and Aqua
- The Faded blue Jeans Jacket and Pants. Just did not fit the rest of the higher end line of the Brand
Y-3, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Daniel Patrick and Chapter are streetzblog favorites featuring mostly darker shades of clothing, solidly made tailoring, to wear for many years to come. Over the last 3 years, Helmut Lang has become a go to favorite along the same lines as the brands listed above.
In December 2018, I had finished up a lunch with my friend at a super-good vegan joint near Union Square, NYC. I figured I’d head to Soho on Foot. Was a lot longer and colder than I expected. But, I landed at the Helmut Lang Sample sale. I do LOVE a good sample sale. And this was Perf for me. Almost the entire selection was my all time Favorite color-Black!
I was in that sample sale for like 2 hours. Trying on things, snagging & swooping upon shirts and pants as soon as someone put them back, and putting some back myself as I was on a Bit of a budget. Socializing, touching and feeling each and every piece of these high end quality items. And waiting for an XL or even a L to appear in the Hoodie section. I ended up with 5 items: Black Calf Skin Luxe-Life Kicks, Perfectly tailored Shorts, One T shirt and a pair of Gaberdine Trousers with crisp cool exquisite buttons on the bottoms of the legs. All at 70-80% off retail. Hanging out and purchasing these items, I became an instant fan of the Brand.
Here’s a picture of the Helmut Lang Luxe-Life Kicks. Super comfortable in the color black…of course:
Recently (January 2021) before going on my 90 day no shoes no clothes purchasing cleanse. In January 2021, I re-found Helmut Lang during their Surplus Sale. Was just like a NY Sample sale, yet on line. Not quite as much fun, no hanging with people, no touching the fabrics, no trying on clothes and shoes. But I did know the quality would be there. Scored some pretty dope pieces yet again. A long Sleeve Army Green Modal Cotton (The kind of cotton that is smooth and silky on the skin) A really nice pair of 3m striped pants (Black with silver stripe), a pair of Gun Metal Colored shorts similar to the sample sale, just a bit more fitting and of course a T shirt. Budget was under $225, retail was over $1050. SCORE!
Here’s the Helmut Lang F/W 2020 Pants with Silver 3M Stripe:
I’ve got my eyes on the New Helmut Strap joggers and the Strap knee length shorts. Hope they have enough stock for a sample or surplus sale on these 2 items. Maybe in May. And Maybe in May, we can shop in store again? Hope, the in-store experience comes back sooner than later. I really cant go anywhere nowadays, I like to touch the materials too much, and peruse for way longer than the usual customer. Thus, it’s way too risky of an endeavor for me in March 2020 thru May? 2021.
If you want to see the new goods or the current sale, check Helmut Lang out right here
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Spring Summer 2021 Paris Fashion Week (October 5, 2020)
The World feels a bit better now with this show. Slick, nice music, real streetz, Paris at Nuit. Aaaah, feeling good today. Check out the Balenciaga S/S 2021 Runway show and the Streetzblog Hi-Lights and Low-Lights below:
- The dark streetz
- The womens wear especially the silver dress and bright outfit and the slashed/ripped dress
- The silver phone case necklaces
- The Music. Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart. Sounds like it was remastered and a few extra beats added to the OG. Fits the vibe like a glove
- The Sunglasses. The Big Black versions!
- There’s a pair of shoes somewhere in here that has actual springs on them. Pro Tip: They are called the X-Pander, the latest and greatest street sneaks from Balenciaga.
- The Setting-Paris and the Eiffel Tower
- The Yellow E’s Good on Halloween Smiley Face T
- The crisp cool lighting and Electro vibe of the video
- Some of the guys clothes-looked too 1990’s and cut off jeans?
- No Masks
- Need a close up of the sneakers with the springs
- More Post Apocalyptic. Has the setting the music the vibe, but not the clothes
- Faded Jeans
- Bulky parkas and long trenches
Also, be sure to look over the credits at the end. Very detailed information about social distancing, sanitizing and even info on how the snacks and food was served and eaten.
Note for later: The Date on this show is October 5, 2020.
We are now really and Officially in the Blade Runner/Mad Max reality world. The FUTURE is NOT later, it is NOW.
See you on the Streetz!
Alexander Wang Runway Show
New York City
Sunday June 3, 2018
Early Summer NYC with crisp cool air, Alexander Wang and the Wang Gang bring the Heat. The Athleisure Sexy Bondage Sexy Goth, Bling AW Belts, Spiked heels, Bulky Kicks, with some patriotic clothes and Star make-up mixed in for good measure. Quite a Show.
AW keeps to his traditional color palette of black and white. The overall look is similar to the 2014 AW x H&M Collection.
I’m liking the uni-sex number 88 jersey. Black & White with some comfy short sleeves. The roominess is a great sign for Fall 2018.
Looking like it’s gonna be an Alexander Wang Gear 4th of July party! Face paint with striped stars, nice touch. Pop of red with a hint of blue. I see a Lei!
The Athleisure Bondage Sexy Goth. Makes you want to quit the carbs and get some abs..eh?
Nice roof-top NYC setting. Sandra Bernhard hosted Wang TV. The Classic Alexander Wang running, jumping, waving, smiling & greeting guests post show. One last look at the Bling it on, leather, no lace lookity-look for Fall 2018
See you on the Streetz!
*Pix taken via the live stream (6/3/18) on AWTV. With a couple screen shots from the AW IG.
Sound the Sirens!
Raf Simons for Calvin Klein F/W 2018
Not sure, how I missed Raf Simons going to CK. Thought his own brand and latest Blade Runner themed Runway show was doing well for him. I suspect it is and he just wanted a new challenge. I do know when I was at DSMNY, Raf’s clothes came in one day and out the other, same with the kicks, Everything sold out very quickly.
I have a personal liking to this collection. In the late 90’s, I was sewing Orange reflective tape on to my shorts, jackets and pants. Was and still is one of my favorite accents.
Here are many of the looks with the Safety-Orange Reflective Tape used on the F/W 2018 clothing.
Orange and Yellow Reflective Tape Accents. Plus a pretty Rad-Raf long-faux Leopard jacket!
Here’s a few similar items I spotted at the Canal Street Art Cafe in NYC December 2017 The person working the cafe/store/art exhibition told me that Tommy Hilfiger’s younger brother: Andy, designed these jackets.
And a few of my things lying around the house. Not all with the reflective tape, but all with the vibrant orange hue!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Alexander Wang F/W 2018
Even in a standard cubicle setting, Alexander Wang’s Runway Collection is spot on. If you ever wanted to know what the AW Vibe is, this is it!
Multiple Silver Zipper LBD, my favorite
Leggings Like Credit Cards
Sunglasses cooler than the Kurt Cobain White Clout Goggles. These glasses will give you Some Real Major Clout!
Bella Hadid & Kaia Gerber
80’s Power Woman x 2018 Minimalism x Standard AW LBD
Anna Wintour & Cardi B
Four Times Square – the Old Conde Nast Headquarters, where AW was an intern at Teen Vogue & Vogue
Really Cool-Bangin’ Drumbeat Provided by M.E.S.H entitled: Inspired by A True Story
The usual Vibrant, Gallant AW jog at the end of the Show
Newest of the New-Number One
When I was in NY in Dec 2017, they had a book for sale for $275 that told the Men’s Trend’s for 2019. It was quite pricey, yet a bit tempting to see what colors and trends are in-upcoming.
Instead of buying the book, In Jan and Feb 2018, Steetzblog will post some Runway shows and what we see at the early shows. Today, we have Prada-Pre Fall 2018 + Fall Winter 2018-19.
Check the Vid below and here’s a quick, insta re cap of some of what’s in store for us for 2019:
Black, Continued trend of Flo-Yellow, Blues in various shades, knee length shorts. Classic Prada Red and White on Black, Lots of Bags n Tags. Slate Grey, Whites, Women in Men’s wear, gender fluidity.
Hats, More bags n Tags, Decent hi-tops, some tan, some more Fluorescent. Fluid, Comfy Cuts.
Overall, Nice show, some of my favorite colors, music worked, clothes fit the classic Prada vibe perfectly. Didn’t push the envelope to much, but didn’t need to, very wearable clothes and Kicks!
Simons on the Blade Runner Streetz
Raf Simons x Blade Runner
Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2018 (June 12, 2017 New York City)
The Raf Simons Runway show wasn’t so much about the clothes as the spectacle of the moment. Set under the Manhattan Bridge with stench from dead fish, humidity and a definite Blade Runner Vibe, it was more like a show than a presentation of what to wear in Spring 2018.
That’s totally cool on my end. This is a Runway show, I would have enjoyed making the music for and tweaking some of the clothes even further into an even more dramatic war torn Dystopian future. Loved the setting, the swirling oil infused neon water, New Order and Joy Division references and the whole feel of the event.
Nice Job Raf!
- The Black 3/4 length pants
- The New Order inspired Chinese lanterns. There’s even a New Order graphic attached to a jacket if you look closely.
- Music matched nicely
- Reflective, oil infused Neon water
- Over-Sized sweaters
- Patent Black Back Packs. You can never go wrong with patent black anything
- ASAP Rocky and Julianne Moore were there
- I still can’t get used to that see thru vinyl many of the designers have been using. At least this time, it wasn’t the clothes, just the umbrellas. Still gives me that Jason Bateman from American Psycho feeling. #scary
- The clothes could have pushed the envelope 2-3x further into the future. Pretty close to 2018-2020, could have gone to 2032-2045.
- The hats are a bit too Ol’ man Field and Stream.
- White Raincoat. You’re just asking for trouble on that one!
Blade Runner 2019 from 1982
You can see the street influences and vibes of the Runway show from this Blade Runner trailer. Especially the many, many umbrella’s and the Beijing street market influences.
Blade Runner 2049 coming October 6, 2017
You won’t want to miss the next installment of Blade Runner. Hopefully we’ll finally find out if Harrison Ford is a Replicant or Human!!! See more about the movie here
Is Harrison Ford a replicant? See you on the Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Streetz! (I hope)
Off White c/o Virgil Abloh Spring Summer Menswear 2018
As I’m on the homestretch to complete my Fall 2017 5 piece collection with 3 done so far, OFF WHITE c/o Virgil Abloh is already showing his Spring/Summer 2018 collection on June 15, 2017.
Below is the video of the Runway show. And listed below are Streetzblog’s Highlights and Lowlights:
- Great Background: The letters literally morph into each other to form abstract sentences. If you watch carefully enought, there are plenty of interesting stories and hidden meanings
- Reflective stripe: Many of the pants have a vertical stripe on the bottom of the pants leg. Very catchy and keeps with the brand image.
- The camouflage collection: Some nice pieces here. Jacket, pants and they had fun with the orange word tag that you see at Raves these days.
- The Kicks: My eye caught some nice white kicks with fluorescent orange accents and a nice pair of black, white and orange hi-tops.
- Orange Accents: On the right hand sleeve, I dig these and what wear.
- The Music: Not nearly as banging as it could be. Pretty much the same sounding operatic music throughout.
- Cluttered clothing: I have enough clutter in my house, I don’t need to wear it on the streetz.
- The Man Midriff: Not one of my favs, but starting to trend pretty hard at the shows & IRL.
- See through White: A bit scary looking, like a hospital or Meat Butcher vibe.
See you on the Streetz!