Sound the Sirens!
Raf Simons for Calvin Klein F/W 2018
Not sure, how I missed Raf Simons going to CK. Thought his own brand and latest Blade Runner themed Runway show was doing well for him. I suspect it is and he just wanted a new challenge. I do know when I was at DSMNY, Raf’s clothes came in one day and out the other, same with the kicks, Everything sold out very quickly.
I have a personal liking to this collection. In the late 90’s, I was sewing Orange reflective tape on to my shorts, jackets and pants. Was and still is one of my favorite accents.
Here are many of the looks with the Safety-Orange Reflective Tape used on the F/W 2018 clothing.
Orange and Yellow Reflective Tape Accents. Plus a pretty Rad-Raf long-faux Leopard jacket!
Here’s a few similar items I spotted at the Canal Street Art Cafe in NYC December 2017 The person working the cafe/store/art exhibition told me that Tommy Hilfiger’s younger brother: Andy, designed these jackets.
And a few of my things lying around the house. Not all with the reflective tape, but all with the vibrant orange hue!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Alexander Wang F/W 2018
Even in a standard cubicle setting, Alexander Wang’s Runway Collection is spot on. If you ever wanted to know what the AW Vibe is, this is it!
Multiple Silver Zipper LBD, my favorite
Leggings Like Credit Cards
Sunglasses cooler than the Kurt Cobain White Clout Goggles. These glasses will give you Some Real Major Clout!
Bella Hadid & Kaia Gerber
80’s Power Woman x 2018 Minimalism x Standard AW LBD
Anna Wintour & Cardi B
Four Times Square – the Old Conde Nast Headquarters, where AW was an intern at Teen Vogue & Vogue
Really Cool-Bangin’ Drumbeat Provided by M.E.S.H entitled: Inspired by A True Story
The usual Vibrant, Gallant AW jog at the end of the Show
Newest of the New-Number One
When I was in NY in Dec 2017, they had a book for sale for $275 that told the Men’s Trend’s for 2019. It was quite pricey, yet a bit tempting to see what colors and trends are in-upcoming.
Instead of buying the book, In Jan and Feb 2018, Steetzblog will post some Runway shows and what we see at the early shows. Today, we have Prada-Pre Fall 2018 + Fall Winter 2018-19.
Check the Vid below and here’s a quick, insta re cap of some of what’s in store for us for 2019:
Black, Continued trend of Flo-Yellow, Blues in various shades, knee length shorts. Classic Prada Red and White on Black, Lots of Bags n Tags. Slate Grey, Whites, Women in Men’s wear, gender fluidity.
Hats, More bags n Tags, Decent hi-tops, some tan, some more Fluorescent. Fluid, Comfy Cuts.
Overall, Nice show, some of my favorite colors, music worked, clothes fit the classic Prada vibe perfectly. Didn’t push the envelope to much, but didn’t need to, very wearable clothes and Kicks!
Simons on the Blade Runner Streetz
Raf Simons x Blade Runner
Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2018 (June 12, 2017 New York City)
The Raf Simons Runway show wasn’t so much about the clothes as the spectacle of the moment. Set under the Manhattan Bridge with stench from dead fish, humidity and a definite Blade Runner Vibe, it was more like a show than a presentation of what to wear in Spring 2018.
That’s totally cool on my end. This is a Runway show, I would have enjoyed making the music for and tweaking some of the clothes even further into an even more dramatic war torn Dystopian future. Loved the setting, the swirling oil infused neon water, New Order and Joy Division references and the whole feel of the event.
Nice Job Raf!
- The Black 3/4 length pants
- The New Order inspired Chinese lanterns. There’s even a New Order graphic attached to a jacket if you look closely.
- Music matched nicely
- Reflective, oil infused Neon water
- Over-Sized sweaters
- Patent Black Back Packs. You can never go wrong with patent black anything
- ASAP Rocky and Julianne Moore were there
- I still can’t get used to that see thru vinyl many of the designers have been using. At least this time, it wasn’t the clothes, just the umbrellas. Still gives me that Jason Bateman from American Psycho feeling. #scary
- The clothes could have pushed the envelope 2-3x further into the future. Pretty close to 2018-2020, could have gone to 2032-2045.
- The hats are a bit too Ol’ man Field and Stream.
- White Raincoat. You’re just asking for trouble on that one!
Blade Runner 2019 from 1982
You can see the street influences and vibes of the Runway show from this Blade Runner trailer. Especially the many, many umbrella’s and the Beijing street market influences.
Blade Runner 2049 coming October 6, 2017
You won’t want to miss the next installment of Blade Runner. Hopefully we’ll finally find out if Harrison Ford is a Replicant or Human!!! See more about the movie here
Is Harrison Ford a replicant? See you on the Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Streetz! (I hope)
Off White c/o Virgil Abloh Spring Summer Menswear 2018
As I’m on the homestretch to complete my Fall 2017 5 piece collection with 3 done so far, OFF WHITE c/o Virgil Abloh is already showing his Spring/Summer 2018 collection on June 15, 2017.
Below is the video of the Runway show. And listed below are Streetzblog’s Highlights and Lowlights:
- Great Background: The letters literally morph into each other to form abstract sentences. If you watch carefully enought, there are plenty of interesting stories and hidden meanings
- Reflective stripe: Many of the pants have a vertical stripe on the bottom of the pants leg. Very catchy and keeps with the brand image.
- The camouflage collection: Some nice pieces here. Jacket, pants and they had fun with the orange word tag that you see at Raves these days.
- The Kicks: My eye caught some nice white kicks with fluorescent orange accents and a nice pair of black, white and orange hi-tops.
- Orange Accents: On the right hand sleeve, I dig these and what wear.
- The Music: Not nearly as banging as it could be. Pretty much the same sounding operatic music throughout.
- Cluttered clothing: I have enough clutter in my house, I don’t need to wear it on the streetz.
- The Man Midriff: Not one of my favs, but starting to trend pretty hard at the shows & IRL.
- See through White: A bit scary looking, like a hospital or Meat Butcher vibe.
See you on the Streetz!
PSNY SS 2016 Runway Show
Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne at Public School sure have their work cut out for them this week. Today/Sunday was the Public School Runway Show, at 3:00p.m EST, On Wednesday September 16, 2015, they have the debut of their DKNY Collection.
This Public School collection is pretty amazing, especially on the female side. I suspect the DKNY show will have more Blacks and Dark Greys along with some sort of NYC vibe and probably some Ol’ School 90’s references.
Here are the best shots I snapped from the Live stream on the Public School Website at 5:30 a.m. Hawaii Time. Enjoy!
The Show – Most of the Black and White Color Palette
The Show-Sexy and Flashy
Colors and Guys
Either See you on the Streetz of Honolulu or at the DKNY Runway Show on Wednesday at 9am HST 3pm EST. Have a Fun and Fabulous Week!
The Right Way to Wear and Wang It
Pre Show Atmosphere
Looked like more people than usually were allowed at such a show. Crowd was also pretty mixed, Foreign press dressed in long Khaki Rain Coats, The Brunette Fashion Gals all staring at their phones, Some various people looking a bit lost? For some reason and not really dressed for the occasion, Lots of Hi-End Kicks on guys and gals along with the pseudo anti-establishment group in their very new yet slightly beat up Converse Kicks. Looked like FREE cocktails were very available. And with close attention, the best foreshadowing fashion flair I noticed were various people dressed in both Horizontal and Vertical grey and black striped shirts and skirts. Some looked planted and others just were wearing it, maybe to support the AW 10th Anniversary? (Later in the show we will see thicker vertical striped pants in grey and black along with my favorite horizontal brown and black striped pants).
Pre Show Set-List:
- Rihanna-Pour It Up
- Fetty Wap Feat. Monty-My Way
- NAS Feat. Lauryn Hill-If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)
- Rick Ross-Bandz
- Various Drums
- The Weekend Feat. School Boy Q, Rick Ross-Often (Explicit Remix) Mixed up with Sirens to get people to settle into their seats for the Runway Show
- Drake-10 Bands (Lights dimmed then went completely Dark before Start of the Show).
The Hashtags and @ Signs
#AWS16 #NYFW #Alexanderwang #Wang10 @AlexanderwangNY
More Color than I expected. Especially on the Female models, one actually was dressed all in Pink! Overall a fun show with mostly wearable clothes. Horizontal striped pants stood out on the guys. And layered with various textures stood out on the Ladies. Red Shoe laces on some nice looking black and sometimes white kicks were very visible. Here is a snapshot of the Looks.
My Favorite Looks
The Two Looks I Wouldn’t Wear, but Maybe you might Like?
Post Show Graphics and the Iconic AW Catwalk Run & Wave!
So that you can see and feel the full feeling of the evening. Here are some of Video Graphics splashing the walls. Along with the Iconic Alexander Wang Catwalk Run & Wave. Enjoy!
*All Pictures from every picture shown Above were shot via my iPhone5s during the live stream. Some str8t from the show, others had a bit of post editing done to them. I almost feel like I’m in NYC this week. (September 2015)
Celebrities At The Show
- The Weeknd
After Party Performers
- Lil’ Wayne
After Party Sea Shore Blue Jell-O Pop Shots
**The Jell-O Pop Shots picture is originally from the Alexanderwangny Instagram account, with some post editing done in one of my latest apps. (App is entitled Layout if you’re interested in checking it out).
What were your favorites? See you on the Streetz and have an Amazing Week!
H&M Brings the Space Age Swag
H&M Studio A/W-2015 Runway Show
The Grand Palais in Paris was full of celebrities, it-girls and supermodels as H&M showed their A/W Women’s Studio Collection. Super Style Swankster and Music Producer Caroline de Maigret was lucky enough to wear a custom silver jumpsuit, then DJ in a specially produced space pod doing a live DJ-Set that gave the good vibes to the catwalk show.
Upbeat, fun music lead the way with this stylish collection. Not far behind was the star-studded audience of Solange Knowles, Noomi Rapace and one of my favorite actors of the moment: Audrey Tautou. If you haven’t seen the movie Amelie, be sure to see it. A very Beautiful Day, positive, full of surprises, slightly Avante-Garde, very french portrayal of one women’s Quest for Love. If you’re feeling a bit down and out, it’s a really great pick me up-kick in the pants, get out of your pity party kind of movie; great for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Audrey is also known for Mood Indigo, The Da Vinci Code, La Delicatesse, Dirty Pretty Things and of course, Coco Before Chanel!
Super Models at the show included: Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Edie Cambell dressed in a combination of hipster 70’s influenced tie-dyes and a futuristic Apres Ski sporty collection. The Apres Ski styles remind me of an Audrey Hepburn movie I recently watched on TMC entitled Charade. It’s a pretty good movie, but the real star of the show are the fashions which are out of this world, I bet it was on the mood board for this collection.
Seems like we’re due for an announcement from H&M on a November H&M x (insert designer here) collaboration. My vote goes for another Alexander Wang Health Goth #2, his regular line is very nice, yet quite expensive. I would like this to be the collab, yet highly doubt this will be the announcement. Just hope it’s a duo gender friendly collection. Both Target and Uniqulo’s latest collabs have been 90% female based. Men are due for some Sassy & Stylish famous designer fast fashion soon.
Have a Beautiful Day!
Hot Models, Chic Clothes, & Styling Shoes..Such a Wonderful way to Shop
This is such a fun runway show, I couldn’t resist posting it. For the Chanel Fall 2014 Paris Collection, Karl Lagerfeld held the show at the Grand Palais at the Chanel Shopping Center..a Giant Costco-Esque supermarket or as the French would say Super Marche. It’s time to stop Channel Surfing and start Chanel Shopping!
This is a Spectacular, Tres-Chic, fun show to watch. The Highlights that really stood out for me, other than the awesome setting are:
- The Multi-Colored oil slick sneakers (Easier to walk in while shopping than heels).
- The just under the knee Silver chrome accented boots and later on in the show a pair of similar bronze version.
- The small stylish metal grocery baskets. The little black CC Purse and the Luxe-Life CC necklaces and adornments.
- The Silver-Metallic Dress. It looks a bit like Chain metal. I like that look.
- The Over-Sized Silver and Gold Pop-Top Necklaces.
- The Big Black Headphones.
- The necklaces with the Giant Bicycle/Locker Padlocks dangling from them. I think I could rock one of those…
- My favorite outfit is the grey jacket and pants with the many holes in them. Very unexpected, yet such an excellent look.
- And I love it in the end when the models actually shop and the one man model in the show is carrying one of the models many, many Chanel Shopping bags. So funny!
Colors included Black (of course), Some light pink ensembles, a bit of orange, a few outfits with many, many colors in them and of course the Biggest trend for Fall 2014, the obsequious Grey Color. Women and Men will be seeing a lot of Grey this Fall 2014 and Winter 2015. It seems to be in every show in some way shape or form. When is that 50 Shades of Grey movie coming out anyways? The First time I checked it was November 2014, Second time I checked it was around Valentines Day 2015. Either one fits the time-table of the color grey for Fall 2014 or Winter 2015.
Hey-does anyone know why Grey is spelled Grey and other times Gray? I don’t get it. I tend to like Grey. Which outfit or shoes did you like the best? Did you spot any of the “Where’s Waldo” types of intricacies in the show..maybe the +50% Sale Sign? The Hefty-Bag Coat or the Little Black Tea? The more you watch the more fun you can have with this show. LMK what you find and let us all know in the comments section? I’m sure there is much more to find in your favorite Chanel Shopping Aisle. Jambon anyone? Have a Great Monday!