Category Archives: Music
DSQUARED2 Spring/Summer 2022 Men’s and Women’s Runway Show-September 26, 2022
DSQUARED2 brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2022. The Clothes, the setting and the music all provided an entertaining event. But Dang! Tonight I missed sewing class. Worked on a WORK project from 5p-8p. I never miss sewing class, that is sacred time for me. Takes me forever to complete a project and missing a week throws me all off base. I bring up class because I know how hard it is to make those custom patch Jeans and cargo’s. It’s probably worth your $700-$1200 that they may charge for them. A lot of work goes into that fit
I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Up-Beat, Fun, Driving the show Forward, with some interesting intrinsic hidden meanings that matched the clothes. If you hear it a few times, you may notice it. Very nice music! The show gives us a vibe from the 1990’s Club Kid Era with modern cuts and colors appropriate for the “hopeful” Post Pandemic world we should be in Spring/Summer 2022
The show brought joy and fun to the Runway. Some dope pants for both Men and Women, all three, the cargo’s, jeans and the sliced and diced chrome collection. Oversized green camo with bright Orange Linings-A never miss duo. That’s in my top 10 for sure. The black boots with white laces and the overall vibe of the show was very positive and entertaining from start to finish. I may cut my air like the Asian man model. And did that shirt really say Boy Bitch on it!! LOL BTW: Not sure what the song is called, here is the info on who provided it @adrianoalboni But as of 9/29/21 there are no posts on his IG site. A great time for him to get noticed, but I guess he wants to stay UG (Underground) If any one knows the name of the tune, please let us know in the comments section below
As per usual, we watch the show, then do the Highlights and the Lowlights. Here they are for the DSQAURED2 S/S 2022 show:
- Green Camo with bright Orange Linings
- the Music My favorite part of the show
- Black Combat boots with white laces
- Ripped Chrome Mens and Womens pants. Especially the Bronze colorway
- Greenish Blue cargos. Not exactly sure of the color but I’d rock them
- the Graffiti
- Patch Jeans and Patch cargos
- White Cargos with black stripe
- the Club Kid Crown
- Butterfly wings on the guys
- Shorts just about 2.2 inches too short
- they walked way to fast for my brain to catch up with the clothes
- the Club Kid Crown…yep it made both categories. Kinda nice Ode to Michael Alig (RIP) and the NYC Club kids, but also looked a bit flimsy and it’s always been too dorky for my taste
And if you want to see how far DSQUARED2 has traveled and progressed, see the F/W 2012-13 show below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
After 9 Years SHM is back with a new Tune and Teaser video. I do like the Teaser Video, but not so sure about the new song? May need to hear it a few more times. What do you think of it? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Just from the trailers, there are at least 65 people, cartoons, sports stars, movies settings seen. Have fun reading about who has been spotted so far and feel free to add to the list in the comments section. I’m sure we missed a few. And Where is Jordan. The Biggest secret of an upcoming movie, of all time is where and when does Michael Jordan appear. Will he be real? cartoon, in the movie? a MonStar! or may he even appear after the credits? Nobody knows (as of June 28,2021) If you know or find out, Let us know. But then we will need to add Spoiler Alert to the top of the post.
Hope to see the movie in or around July 16, so I can be suprized. For now, here is a Super-Duper Long list of characters in the upcoming Space Jam-2 movie.
The Main Cast:
- Lebron James
- Don Cheadle-Evil Mastermind
- Cassandra Starr
- Michael B Jordan
- Ceyari J Wright-Lebron’s Son
- Zendaya-Lola Bunny
- Anthony Davis-Goon Squad Villain-The Brow
- Damian Lillard-Good Squad-Chronos
- Diana Taurasi-Goon Squad Villain White Mamba
- Klay Thompson-Goon Squad Villian Wet Fire
- Nneke Ogwumike-Good Squad Villian Arachnneka
- Kyrie Irving
- Gabriel Iglesias
- Sonequa Martin-Green
- Gary Oldman
- Ernie Johnson-Commentator
- Michael Jordan? Update on 7/14/21: Seen on the Web: There is a hilarious cameo appearance from a different Michael Jordan in one of the film’s best gags.
The Toon Squad list is up next. Before it, let’s watch Jordan + listen to Hoop There It Is (Quad City DJ’s) or as the 8 and under crowd would say: Scoop There It Is-Sprinkles!
- Bugs Bunny
- Daffy Duck
- Porky Pig
- Yosemete Sam
- Lola Bunny
- Marvin the Martian (I own a pair of his shoes)
- Speedy Gonzales
- Taz Devil
- Wile E Coyote
- Pepe Le Pew (Nope he got kicked out for naughty behavior)
Next up is what I call the cameo list. Some pretty #retrocool characters from back in the day. Even some from the 1960s. Before this, lets take a break and see Lebron meet Bugs:
- Captain Caaaaveman
- The Penguin (2 different)
- The Joker
- Catwoman (2 different)
- Wonder Woman
- Iron Giant
- Teen Titans
- Scooby Doo
- The Flinstones
- The Jetsons
- Magilla Gorilla
- Jabber Jaw
- Yogi Bear
- Boo Boo
- Mr. Freeze
- Frankenstein Jr.
- Penelope Pitstop
- King Kong
- And this is pretty scary-Penniwise the super scary clown from IT
Before we get to the ultra craziness of who and what is in Space Jam-2. We gotta see and Believe I can Fly with more MJ Moments:
Movie settings/Groups of characters from Movies
(This is where they go way off script, The bad guys from Mad Max Fury Road? You know the bald Gothic Ghost like thug and Clockwork Orange! CO has gotta be worse than Pepe Le Pew any day-that CO is total nightmare city!) I can deal with the rest of them. But you sure dont want your 5-12 year old watching Clockwork Orange. I’m even still frightened to ever watch that movie again!
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Matrix
- The Conjuring
- Game of Thrones
- The Goonies
- Lord of the Rings
- Harry Potter
- Friday the 13th
- Gotham City
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- A Clockwork Orange
Who else is in the new Space Jam movie? When does MJ appear? Let us know what you know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Get Your Last Dance Fix Here
Over 55 Songs with a Michael Jordan Reference in them (60) As of Memorial Day Monday: May 25, 2020
If you didn’t get enough of The Last Dance. Here’s a Giant list of Michael Jordan songs you can listen to as you continue re-live the momentous moments of the G.O.A.T
Biggest List of Michael Jordan Songs Listed below:
1. Ice Cube-It Was A Good Day: Which Park are y’all playin’ basketball? Get me on the court and I’m in trouble. Last week. Fricked around and got a Triple Double. Freakin’ n’s every way. Like MJ. I can’t believe today was a good day (1992)
2. Jay-Z-Show Me What You Got: Shots of Patron, now she’s in the zone. I ain’t talking about the two-three. Mami in the zone like the homie 2-3. Jordan or James, makes no difference. Boo I’m balling the same. I am the Mike Jordan of recording. You might want to fallback from recording (2006)
3. Biggie and P. Diddy-Victory: Excellence is my presence, never tense Never hesitant, leave a n’ bent real quick. Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike Anyone — Tyson, Jordan, Jackson action, pack guns, ridiculous (1997)
4. J Cole-I Got It: Ay 1996, my own room now, I’m hangin’ posters up. Holes up in the wall my stepfather said I ain’t supposed to. But I’m hoop dreamin’, hangin up pictures of my idols. Jordan was like Jesus, SLAM was like the Bible I used to read it twice and cut the pictures out Had the Jordan free throw dunk tongue stickin’ out (2009)
5. Jay-Z and Kanye West-N’s in Paris: Ball so hard, since we here. It’s only right that we be fair. Psycho, I’m liable to be go Michael. Take your pick, Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Game 6 (2012)
6. Heavy D, Biggie & Tru Kula-Jam Session: Rebounding, Outstanding, no one surrounding. I’m screwing and doing like I was Ewing. The only one soaring and scoring is Jordan (Ah heh ah heh) He must of had his Wheaties this morning (1994)
7. 2Pac-The Lunatic: Well I raise hell and excel cause it pays well. Jordan couldn’t dunk it any harder, pump it any farther. I’m funky, that’s word to the father (1991)
8. Pete Rock-Don’t be Mad: Don’t be mad because you can’t do what I can. Like when Jordan went up took that shot and switched hands. (With his tongue out) Don’t be mad ’cause you not me (2008)
9. Jay-Z-Encore: As fate would have it, Jay’s status appears to be at an all-time high, perfect time to say goodbye. When I come back like Jordan, wearing the 4-5
It ain’t to play games with you. It’s to aim at you, probably maim you (2003)
10. Big Pun-The Dream Shatterer: Ay-yo I shatter dreams like Jordan, assault and batter your team. Your squadron’ll be barred from rap like Adam & Eve from the garden. I’m carvin’ my initials on your forehead. So every night before bed you see the “BP” shine off the board head (1998)
11. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J–Mike Will Made It 23: Hit it like a free throw, Tongue out like I’m Jordan. I stay showin’ out, my kick game is a beast. I got thirty pair of J’s that ain’t never been released. Flu game 12, Space Jam 11. On the hype beast sick They gon’ need a paramedic. I got trippy. I stay live All this purple in my cup Match them grape 5’s. J’s on my feet J’s on my feet J’s on my feet. So get like me. I be in the club standing on the couch In them Wolf Greys like it’s my house. J’s so fly I should work at Flight Club (2013)
12. Rick Ross Feat. Wale, Meek Mill and J. Cole-Fitted Cap: My Levis, they 501, My snapback is hella bent. My Jordans high-top, snapback fitted cap (Woo!) My Jordans high-top, snapback fitted cap (Woo!) The Rolls-Royce (Huh!), it’s all white (Huh!) (2011)
13. Drake-Back to Back: Yeah, I learned the game from William Wesley, you can never check me Back to back for the n’s that didn’t get the message. Back to back like I’m on the cover of Lethal Weapon. Back to back like I’m Jordan ’96, ’97 whoa. Very important and very pretentious (2015)
14. Lil Wayne feat Euro and T-Live Life: I hit the block, talk sh*t, roll a few stogies Pop a bar, kill a lil’ time on my Rollie David Copperfield, I make a hundred disappear, Like I know Magic, but ball like Jordan n’ hating on my new deal, James Harden. Rudy Gays up on the coupe, and Black Mambas on the Truck. I’m a dream chaser for stacking cheddar. I’m in my Olympic Dream Team’s Retros Number 7s (2018)
15. Jay-Z-Hova Song (Intro): Jigga the sh*t, even when he rhyme in third person. Hova the God, I should be rappin’ with turban. Haters can’t disturb him, waiters can’t serve him. Mike Jordan of rap – outside J workin. Now watch how quickly I drop 50 (1999)
16. NAS-Street Dreams: Young, early 80’s, throwin’ rocks at the crazy lady.
Worshippin’ every word them rope rockin’ n’s gave me. The street raised me up, givin’ a (B)uck. I thought Jordan’s and a gold chain was livin’ it up. I knew the dopes, the pushers, the addicts everybody. Cut out of class, just to smoke blunts and drink naughty (1996)
17. 2Pac feat Eminem and Ron Isley-Better Days: Tryin’ to keep my head up and stay strong. All my homies slangin’ yayo all day long, But they wrong. So I’m solo and so broke Savin’ up for some Jordan’s, ’cause they dope. I got a girl and I love her, but she broke too. And so am I; I can’t take her to the places she wanna go to. So, we argue and play, fight all day and night. Makin’ passionate love ’til the daylight (2002)
18. Ace Hood-Hope: Growing up I wanted to be like Jordan, Even though I couldn’t really afford it. Who’s to say I can’t be an Obama, A Tiger Woods worth about a billion dollars? (2013)
19. Kanye West feat. Syleena Johnson-All Falls Down: I’ll just stay down herre and do hair. Cause that’s enough money to buy her a few pairs of new Airs. Cause her baby daddy don’t really care. She’s so precious with the peer pressure. Couldn’t afford a car so she named her daughter Alexus (a Lexus)…That’s why shortys hollering “where the ballas’ at?” Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack. And a white man get paid off of all of that (2004)
20. Kendrick Lamar feat School Boy Q-Michael Jordan: I used to want to be like Michael Jordan. Figured I would hit the NBA and make me a fortune. Wayne told me that, and that’s just how it goes. Michael Jordan. Bounce-bounce hoe, bounce-bounce (2010) Warning: Explicit Lyrics
21. Fabolous-Throwback: When I’m in the Chi, you think they ain’t that shocked. To see the kid roll through in the St. Pats Socks. So pull out the Chicago and script to wear on Soul Train. The Bulls, when Mike had hair and a gold chain (2003)
22. Jay-Z and R. Kelly-The Return: Best of both worlds, and we rock the club.
You know what I’m sayin. Boy H-O, Kells, we not playing. Losers lose, so when we does what we do, we win And win again, like deja vu. Then we win again, like MJ do, Three peat, then we retreat to waters that’s blue. Young Scrappy, that’s what grown men do (2004)
23. Group Home-Livin’ Proof: I’m lost, must pay the cost to be the boss. With force, rather get my point across. I’m goin off on the mic insane, out of sight. When I take flight (like who kid?) Like Mike. And you see, I be rollin’ like a battlecat. And I’m ready to rip on my combat (1995)
24. Chief Keef-Kay Kay: Me and my n’s we balling. We don’t do no talking.
I see it, I want it, I bought it. In my closet bout 40, Pulling up in my foreigns. Full of Ignorance. You n’s is boring. I’m balling like I’m jordan (2012)
25. Pusha T-40 Acres: A toothless crackhead was the mascot. The owner of the key to that padlock. I’m Jordan vs Cavs for the last shot. I need all mine, reparations. We growin’ poppy seeds on my 40 acres (2013)
26. Kanye West-Rhymefest/Brand New: Like when Shaq left the Lakers just to “Heat” it up. I state the stats to stunt – I don’t need to front. I make history e’ry day – I don’t need a month. The survey says – by the streetz according, Kanye’s just important as Michael Jordan Was to the NBA, when he was scorin’. Ralph Lauren was borin’ before I wore him (2005)
27. Los-Control (Remix): And while I’m Laughing, they collapse as I’m passin’ em.
Man I’m coming with the K, like they lackin’ potassium. I’m Jordan from the free throw while every frame is in slow mo. And every fan in the stands got the head in they hands like “oh no”. Somebody get the promo, so somebody flick the photo. And somebody stitch the logo, cause I’m bodying this sh*t bro bro (2012)
28. R. Kelly & Jay-Z-The Best of Both Worlds: The best of…Back and forth, back and forth, let’s do it… both worlds (rock for ’em Hov’) It’s not even close, just leave it alone. I’m Michael Jordan, I play for the team I own. Sing to ’em Kel-The best of.. both worlds – ohhhhHHH! (2002)
29. Macklemore x Ryan Lewis-WINGS: On the court I wasn’t the best, but my kicks were like the pros. Yo, I stick out my tongue so everyone could see that logo. Nike Air Flight, book bag was so dope. And then my friend Carlos’ brother got murdered for his Fours, whoa…I was trying to fly without leaving the ground, Cause I wanted to be like Mike, right. Wanted to be him, I wanted to be that guy, I wanted to touch the rim. I wanted to be cool, and I wanted to fit in, I wanted what he had, America, it begins (2011)
30. Currensy-Space Shuttle: Shoe section with so many selections. Jordan 3 Cements, my secret weapon, dead stock, not bootleg, NIKE inspected. Homies, you lookin’ at a fashion detective, who can spot a fake in a second (2009)
31. Jadakiss feat. NaS-What If: What if there was no Rockefeller law for made men? What if hate ran thru me? And what if Portland woulda’ drafted Jordan instead of Sam Bowie? What if you really had to be nice to get a deal? What if all of these rappers ice was really real? What if I hit you wit the razor from cheek to chin? What if Mike Jackson neva’ woulda’ bleached his skin? (2009)
32. Ice Cube-When will they Shoot: Amerikkka’s burnt – it’s like toast. Like Jordan, I’m goin coast to coast. Dribblin the funk, here comes the n’ with the mo F’in monster dunk, get off me punk. Jordan.. watch Jordan, aiyyo, yo watch Jordan .. YES! You better eat your Wheaties (1992)
33. Big L-Let em’ have it L: I make a lot of doe. I’m quick to spot a foe. Even if my grandma violate she gotta go. When I was young I played with guns not a kiddy toy. Cause I’m a ruff rugged gangsta not a pretty boy. Facts on tracks I recite well. Everybody be like Mike, but Mike wanna be like L (1995)
34. The Game Feat. DJ Khlaed, Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous & Rick Ross-Bottles and Rockin’ J’s: Ayo Game, what they do boy It’s DJ Khaled I got my black and red Jordan Retro 6′s on. All I know is bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. With all this money you know where I’m heading. And I’m gonna get the Jordan’s, the patent 11 leathers. They really banging all the way down to the dead end. And I get a couple pair with all this money, I be getting. And I kill ‘em with the bounce, you see the way a n steppin’. And we pop bottles and we rock J’s, see me reppin’. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Smokin’ and sippin’ Spades. Pistol tucked in my Louie, Heated up like I’m Wade. n don’t do LeBron’s, Kobe up on the weekends. Jordan’s Monday through Friday especially when I’m freakin’ Them cool grey’s, that’s Monday Them Space Jams, that’s Tuesday Them Spike Lee’s on Wednesday 23′s in my Benz, eh You know I love them 6′s, especially on my bitches 13′s and them spandex on Thursday, it’s your birthday.
And Friday I ain’t lying, King Of Diamonds I’m in heaven. Red Bone p poppin’ on my black and red 11′s Patent leather when I step in. You know what I’m reppin’ It’s S double O, W Double-O Black number 4′s I ain’t get it from the store. (2011)
35. Dizzy Wright, Honey Cocaine & Kid Ink-Fashion: Yo, Jeremy Scotts or these thirteen (which one’s?) With the wings But I’m fly like Jordan off that first string (can’t decide) Call me fresh prince, With this flattop I’m gonna take you back. Retros with that face to match (2013)
36. Curren$y-Jordan 3’s: That is I, License my flyness. Drop jewels from the sky. That’s my crib Where I live. Walk with these Jordan 3’s, You’ll be aight slick. Peel off like a New Era sticker (2010)
37. Raekwon-Sneakers: So many phat styles , Make a kid’s head fall out. Yo Filas , those too par, I’m supposed to Always keep it real with the selection, holdin’ you Prince black Jordans , K-Swiss gear , remember lottos Stash mad bottles , in the fence.. Ooh the diadora (1999)
38. Wale-Barry Sanders: All my females show bust, Curtis Enis, Nittany lion, my Penn State it, n’s recite it. I’m Michael Jordan major, you n’s Harold Miner…Vic Page never made it, Len Bias never made it. See God gave us the talent, but the devil make us famous My effort is contagious, so check this BOA SHIT. With this recording, I’m as sick as Jordan before Game 6…Now Jordan III my shoe. Double M G my crew. When you do it big as Manute, you make it seem minute (2011)
39. Common-Sweet: The ’87 n used to rah rah in the jam. Ow yeah, we put them things in the air. When I drop a single, it’s really like a pair. Of Air Jordans, important to the culture If you aint true to it, callate la boca (2011)
40. Jamie Foxx feat Justin Timberlake and T.I-Winner: Lately nothin’ misses I must of been scorin. Speakin’ of the misses, I’m watchin’ them pourin. Just like a drink that I’m enjoyin. And don’t mean bottles you welcome to join in. Just look at me soarin’ Feelin’ like Jordan (2010)
41. Drake-Over My Dead Body: Are these people really discussing my career again? Asking if I’ll be going platinum in a year again? Don’t I got the sh*t the world would wanna hear again? Don’t Michael Jordan still got his hoop earring in? (2011)
42. Lil Uzi Vert-Michael Jordan: I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) Michael Jordan (what I can’t do?) I’m Jordan, I’m Jordan, I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) Michael Jordan (I’m the GOAT) (2016)
43. J. Cole-Rich N’z: I ain’t trippin’, n’ Jordan I ain’t Pippen. Up the steps I ain’t slippin’, Tears blood sweat I ain’t crippin’ (2013)
44. Joey Bada$$-Sorry Bonita: Smoker’s club, Michael Jordan how I’m killin’ 4 quarters. You stashin’ the trash, hoarder. Yo girl startin’ to bath water, it’s Dirty, And that’s not an introduction, it’s nutchin’. Dirt on my shoulders, like Hova (2013)
45. Pusha T-Numbers on the Board: Givenchy fitting like it’s gym clothes. We really gym stars, I’m like D-Rose. No D League, I’m like “these close”. ’88 Jordan leapin’ from the free-throw. Ballers – I put numbers on the boards. Ballers – I put numbers on the boards (2013)
46. Meek Mill-The End (Outro): And they tellin’ me to turn down, they say that I need riddling. Ballin’ like I’m Jordan, no assists from Sottie Pippen. And it ain’t enough flows, crossing over like I’m dribbling. Running laps round them rappers, tired like Michelin (2013)
47. King Louie-Michael Jordan: Don’t you’re missing something? Doing, acting, bumping. Now they’re forest gumping. Pull up in some foreign. (X)itch told me she forward. Balling like I’m tall. Call me Michael Jordan (2013)
48. Rapsody-Thank You Very Much: So thank you very much to each one of you major lables that failed sign me sooner. Now we going up on the wagers. Thank you very much for da favors. For all the Jordans from Jordan. Thanks to Jordan G. (gee) the video love was major (2013)
49. Drake-Barry Bonds Freestyle: Sliding through Henri Bendel like it’s slippery. And your ex-man is a hater, officially. Probably ’cause he know I’m exactly what you wish he’d be. Yeah, that’s the reason why he looking hard. ‘Cause I done snatched the Chips Ahoy out his cookie jar. He just mad ’cause his girl at the house with her tongue sticking out like a Michael Jordan rookie card (2007)
50. A Tribe Called Quest-Lyrics to Go: Don’t worry about gettin’ gassed, I push the pedal to the Metal. Always wanted this cause it surely beats a scramble. I’m like Jordan with the mic huh, wanna gamble (1993)
51. Beanie Sigel feat. Jay-Z-I know I’m outta control: Me and Jay same track you gotta be kiddin’. It’s like that n’ Jordan, I’m Scottie Pippen. Its like Magic, Worthy, Parish, Bird, an Stockton- Malone sh*t. Who gonna stop and hold this Game like Doc and Moses. Full court press and the rock control this (2000)
52. J. Cole-Return of Simba: Ced said, Look, my n’s, we got a foot in” Bein’ good is good, that’ll get you Drew Gooden. But me, I want Jordan numbers, LeBron footin’ Can’t guard me, Vince Lombardi, John Wooden. Garbage? Hardly, you n’s silly like Chris Farley. So like him, you’ll be gone too early (2011)
53. Big Daddy Kane feat. Scoob Lover, Saude Money, Shyheim ODB and Jay-Z-Show & Prove: Now Tell me who is the man? With the high-potent lyrics no rapper can ever stand. And stepping to me, thinking I can be touched? Not even Michael Jordan’ll gamble that much (1994)
54. Fabolous-B.O.M.B.S: New Lamb truck, got the bull in the hood. Black and red lookin’ like the Bulls at the hood. 23’s on and got the Bulls ain’t good. This game six, this can’t miss. Shootin’ my shot, wrist hang switch. Ice my SHIT like I just rain this. I’m payin’ the DeWayne Wade, but I flash Knotts, whoa. I thought you could’ve been Jordan. Found out that you wasn’t even Ben Gordan. Next one get flewed out, I’m keepin’ them boardin’ Like Toni Kukoč, I’m foreign (2019)
55. Joe Budden-Pump it Up Freestyle: I’ll get you drug out the club, they have to carry em. Your head bug out, i’ll raid n’s scared of em. Worry I’M not Mike Jordan, of the mic recordin’. Hovi baby you Kobe, maybe Tracy Mcgrady. Matter fact you Harold Miner, Jr Rider, washed up on marijuana (2003)
56. Lil Wayne, feat. Euro & Kidd Kidd-Frickin’ Problem: We can take the stairs up to the stars. That’s where we belong. Frick that SHIT you talk, I beat that P like production. Or like Rock beat the Russian, or like Jordan, beat the buzzer. n’, gimme what you’ve got, take that money like an usher. One man band, all you hear is repercussion (2013)
57. A Tribe called Quest. Baby Phifes Return: Kid, you know my flava, tear this whole jam apart. Frick around and have your heart, like Jordan had Starks. While you playin hokey pokey, there’s no time to be dokey. Cuz I come out to play every night like Charles Oakley (1996)
58. Face-Streetballin: It’s a GD shame, how much I love this Game. Give me the Rock, now watch me do my Thang…Just like MJ (2010)
59.. Chance the Rapper feat. Lil Kim and Nate Fox-Pusha Man: Still gotta letterman, no practice Still gotta burner man, no lacking Still outtin Jams n’, no Jackson, No Jordan and we toe-tagging. I’ll take you to land, where the lake made of sand. And the milk don’t pour and the honey don’t dance (2013)
60. T.I. with Jay-Z Feat. Kanye West & Lil Wayne-Swagga Like Us: My swagger is Mick Jagger. Every time I breathe on a track, I asthma attack it. Why he so mad for? Why he gotta have it? Cause a slave my whole life, now I’m the master. Naaaaa-na-naaaaa.
How it feel to wake up and be the shit, and the urine? Naaaaa-na-naaaaa. Tryna get that Kobe number, one over Jordan (2008)
Author’s Lyrics with MJ Reference
Sniper Wells-Set the Tone
Words and Lyrics by Sniper Wells. Recorded by the Aloha Aliens. Chicago, Illinois/Honolulu, Hawaii. 7/4/2020
LIVE ONCE, ROLLED DICE, DIED THRICE, SAW THE AFTERWORLD, IN FAST FORWARD, BACKWARD, TUNNEL EYES. BEEN TO THE END AND BACK. EVEN ON A BAD DAY, IT’S BETTER IRL, ALIVE, IN THE ZONE, LIKE MJ, FLY IN FROM THE FREE THROW LINE. NO TIME FOR DIMES, JUST DUNK.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
OUTRAGEOUS, CONTAGIOUS, BELIEVE YOU ME, THE WORLD’S CHANGING. RE-ARRANGING, THE ATOMS, THE BOMBS, TIME TO TAKE CHARGE. LIVE LARGE, OUT OF MY MIND. TIME IS NOW, THE PRESENT, NO PAST- JUST THE HERE AND HOW. TWEET THIS, FACEBOOK THAT, WHACK, GOTTA GET BACK, ENJOY THE MOMENT, THE FEELINGS, NATURE, THE CONVO, SHOW, DON’T MISS OUT, TIME TO SHINE…WILL YOU BE MINE.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
CLICK, CLACK, NO CRACK, LOU BA TAWNS, HIT THE STREETZ. GOTTA’ GET SOME GRO’S, GOT TIME, TO MEAT AND GREET. BIG SMILE IN THE AISLE..AT THE HOLIDAY MART. STAYIN’ SMART, IN THE CHILL MODE, CONFIDENCE SOARIN’, SHE’S HOT, I’M ON FIAH, NOT A ROOK. GONNA’ BE SCORIN’.. LIKE BRAD AND LAW IN THE PLAYBOOK. I NEVER TYE AH.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
I’s a pretty large list. Let us know if we missed any? And what you think of Streetzblog tune with a bit of MJ influence. Going to back it with a big blasting beat and record it on Logic Express on the Mac. Will attach the audio or a link to it, when it has been recorded and mastered.
Quad City Dj’s-Whoomp There it Is: The Space Jam intro. This is one of the Streetzblog crew’s favorite videos. Has all of Michael’s all-time classic moves. Along with a pretty catchy all-time tune.
Seal-Fly Like an Eagle: Some Crisp, Cool, High Definition Jordan moves and grooves in full effect right here, right now:
I’m digging Pop Smoke’s latest joynz, so this is going on the blog. The video mix feat. Jordan is very nice. Pop Smoke Invincible Michael Jordan Mix: (2020) Warning: Explicit Lyrics.
And if you’re looking for “that song” you hear when the 90’s Bulls were introduced. Here it is along with a bit of info on how it all came about, Alan Parsons Project with Sirius:
We leave you with Be like Mike-The Gatorade commercial song that is so super catchy:
Add any Comments on the list of songs, Did we miss anything? Put em’ in the comments section below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Three Hours of Halloween Tricks, Treats, Tunes and a whole lot of Fun!
Helloween to Halloween with DJ Sniper Wells Playlist 10/27/18
- Siouxsie and The Banshees-Spellbound (Halloween Classic #6)
- Thrill Kill Kult-Sex on Wheels
- Prodigy-The Day is my Enemy
- VNV Nation-Lights Go Out (New)
- Funker Vogt-Thor’s Hunger
- Marilyn Manson-This is Halloween
- Suicide Commando-I Die for You
- Wumpscut-The Boo
- Zombie Girl-The Darkness
- VNV Nation-When is the Future
- Albin Meyers-Halloween 2011
- Chocolate Puma & Carta-Bump (New)
- Chrissy Hurt + Fredco-Shiny Disco Balls (As heard on CSI Miami)
- Bau Haus- Bela Lugosi’s Dead (Halloween Classic #1)
- Marilyn Manson-Tainted Love
- Alien Sex Fiend-Now I’m Feeling Zombified (Rare Oldie)
- New Order-Tutti Frutti
- Ministry-Halloween (Fast Version)
- Chemical Brothers-Go (Number 1 Summer Banger)
- Chocolate Puma & Firebeatz-Blackout
- The Marionettes-Play Dead (Scary Halloween Great for Haunted Houses)
- Anti-Up-Pizza (Very fun tune, first time played)
- Thrill Kill Kult-Days of Swine and Roses (TKK-Sniper Well’s Fav Halloween band)
- Christopher Lee-Vampires (Very creepy Tune)
- The Cure-Burn
- Unknown Artist-Every Day is Halloween (As made famous by Ministry)
- Rotersand-I don’t Know
- Ayria-Big City Lullaby
- Specimen-Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Classic Ol Skool)
- Funker Vogt-Ikarus (New)
- Aloha Aliens-Goth Club (Sniper Wells Mix)
- Thrill Kill Kult-This is What the Devil Does
Kicks in Vids
In Julia Michaels feat. Trippie Redd – Jump Video we see some nice triple stacked Adidas. Not sure if they are for sale or the NFRS?
Royce da 5’9 – Caterpillar feat Eminem, King Green – When Eminem FINALLY raps, he’s wearing the ultra high top AF1’s. Em’s always been a big Nike fan. Usually rockin’ the latest gear. Including his very own Jordan’s which go for 4k+.
The Vid’s pretty fun the way Eminem just stand there not moving. But when he comes on..Whoah! BAM, It’s on! (BTW: I can’t hear all the words but pretty sure it’s R Rated).
Dua Lipa’s – Blow Your Mind-Has 2018’s streetwear meets High Street on Fit. From Layers, to camo to slouch jacket, modernized Bombers to Big Jewels. It’s all in here. The only thing missing are the Triple S Balenciaga’s. They would have matched up nicely on Dua. Bonus: Banging, Ultra Catchy Hook on the Vid!
Drake-God’s Plan – We can’t leave you without playing this. It’s got to be the Biggest song of 2018. Even thought it’s now only May 2018. It already has 485,502,568 Views on YouTube! In regards to Kicks,I’m pretty sure I see some Triple S Balenciag’s in this vid. And you can see many alliterations of Jordan’s both Real and possibly some #realfake. Drake is donning Nike head to toe 100%. Rumor has it he is going to the dark side or Bright side (Adidas) Find it hard to believe since he’s such a big NIKE fan. There must be a story to this disfacuation from Nike. As of today, he’s still with Nike. But his logo has been coming and going on the new Jordan Raptors Kicks. So, we shall see if he stays or if he goes. Enjoy the Vid.
Enjoy the Weekend! See you on the Streetz!
Paigey Cakey Cookin’ Up Lyrics n Bangin’ da Beats
Who She is:
Paige Meade better known by her stage name Paigey Cakey is a British MC, Singer & Actor whose real name is Paige Meade. She’s from Hackney, England. *Note: You won’t find recipes for Gluten Free foods here, it’s just a line in the first video-Boogie
What She wears:
As you can tell, she likes Athleisure wearing big brands like Adidas, Ellesse, & Nike
She also digs bomber jackets, parka’s, oversized glasses, big earrings, & shredded denim
Hockey & Football Jerseys, sports Bra’s & Baseball Caps. Tongue, Ear, & Nose Piercings
Overall’s, Bandana’s, & lots of the color: black
Some ode’s to the 90’s with a lot of 2018 flair. Looks like with each video she keeps on trend with her fit
What she sounds like:
Her most popular songs are Boogie, Nana-feat. Geko and Down. Let’ check out some of her British Swagger, Swift rifts and Crispy Beats here:
Nana feat. Geko
What do you think of her style? Whatcha’ wearing this weekend? See you on the Streetz.
The H&M Fall Collection Out Now
Iconic Super-Model, Naomi Campbell brings us the Fall 2017 H&M Collection. Naomi stars in the video set in Tokyo’s nightlife zone wearing many of H&M’s New looks for Fall 2017.
Tokyo is definitely one of my favourite places. For the film, I was in a dark double-breasted trouser suit and it was my favourite look from the whole collection. Personally, I would wear exactly as it was styled – the tailored blazer was buttoned up, but you could see a little skin so it was a good balance of feminine and masculine. Naomi Campbell September 21, 2017.
The Tune in the video reminds me of rap bands from the early 80’s mixed with some Scissor Sister’s vibe aka 2010.
The Fall H&M 2017 collection is available at hm.com and in stores now.
Here’s the Soul Train version of Sugarhill Gang’s Rapper’s Delight
And Scissor Sisters Fire with Fire:
Scissor Sisters have been quite quiete over the last few years. Hopefully they will come back strong with a US/Europe Tour. A good sign is this new music from MNDR x Scissor Sisters with SWERLK 2017. After 2 listens, you’ll want to hear it again. Very Catchy lyrics.
And if you’re wondering what SWERLK is, It’s: Swirling, Twirling, Twerking and Swerving and this is how you do it:
See you on the SWERLKing Streetz!
Two big weekends of Coachella 2016 have come and gone. It’s the start of the U.S.A’s Festival season and it also kicks off the Summers clothing trends. Past years have brought us lots of Flower Power, Faded Short Denim Shorts, Crocheted Everything, and 1970’s Rock Band Shirts.
2016 brought us many pairs of various Sunglasses, most of which were worn at Night during the EDM shows. The pairs I noticed the most were Aviators with mirrored lenses in various shades of Bright Aqua, Electric Orange, Rushing Red, Vibrant Green and Sun Streaked Yellow. Mostly worn by hip, young good-looking males and females in the front rows.
*My friend, Kevin K thinks that they were given away FREE as a guerilla marketing technique. If so, they were very successful and most likely Ray-Bans. If not, it was just the thing to do…Wear your Sunglasses at Night. Most likely a mixture of the 2, because there sure were a lot of Sunglasses worn Night and Day at Coachella 2016!
According to Polyvore the most popular fashion festival trends in 2016 are Sunglasses and Boots. Listed below are the top 10 of each:
Top 10 Sunglasses
- Mirrored Sunglasses
- Cat-Eye Sunglasses
- Aviator Sunglasses
- Rose Gold
- Metal Framed
- Half-Frame (Not quite familiar with this one)
- Round Metal
- Black Square
- Star Shaped
*The Colored Mirrored Aviators are what I noticed as the number 1 trend for Summer 2016.
Top 10 Boots
- Combat Boots (So last year or 1982)
- Rain Boots
- Suede Over the Knee Boots (Don’t even own a pair of these..LOL)
- Cowboy (Saw these in the office for the 1st time in 22 years)
- Flat Ankle
- Cut-Out Ankle Boots
- Pointy-Toe Ankle
- Peep-Toe Ankle
- Hidden Wedge
*I know number one is combat boots and Docs, but I would have put them in separate categories. Going with Combat Boots at number 1 and Doc Martins at number 2.
Highlights and from Coachella 2016 Included:
Grimes: I’ve never seen her perform before and truly enjoyed the energy, in the moment mixing, the dancing, crazy beats and what I’d call her totally own style of a music genre. Great Show!
Zedd on Saturday and Calvin Harris on Sunday with LIVE performances by the actual singers of the tunes during their DJ sets. The lights and pyro of both shows were also awesome and the homage to Daft Punk was excellent. If you’ve ever seen the Daft Punk Documentary, they show how Daft Punk paved the way to the super-star millionaire DJ of today. And the break thru moment happened when they played Coachella.
Loved it how they both played Daft Punk’s One More Time. BTW: In 2000, I had a Music TV show called XLR8TV with my Friend Don F and on our last show we played One More Time, One More Time, Then again One More Time, while I introduced it again and again without laughing..for the full half hour of the show. Was so, totally awesome!
Overall, Coachella was quite good this year; YouTube and T-Mobile did a nice job streaming it live the first weekend. It was very clear on my iPhone, a little glitchy on my MacBook Pro, but overall the best I’ve seen over the years.
The only sucky part was the G&R Reunion. Axl looked really funny on his throne and as far as I could tell they played only 3 songs on YouTube, then 1 song on someones Periscope/Twitter feed for a total of 4 songs. That doesn’t seem quite worth the millions of dollars they paid the band. But, I will say they did sound good. Clear, concise and seemed to be quite professional about the whole gig.
*All pictures taken with my iPhone 5s via the live streaming Video.
See you on the Streetz! This weekend at Sustainable Coastlines Clean-Up, May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii, My B-Day, The Basketball Court and hopefully Yoga and the Beach.
Here’s Corey Hart’s: Sunglasses at Night Video. Yep, I couldn’t resist it. Enjoy!
Some Friday nights I’m so worn out, I just want to hear some party tunes. Here’s some New and Old Dancin’ tracks for the Weekend. Have a nice one! Don’t forget to take a few minutes to just dance.Found this track on one of my favorite sites: Shoes-Up.com. Rome Fortune with Dance:
And of course David Bowie. This is such a fun video to not only listen to but to watch. Love some of the nifty moves from around the world.David Bowie with Let’s Dance:
When I used to have a weekly TV Show entitled XcelR8TV, we did a really funny show where Don and I played this song one more time, then one more time, then…I played it the whole half hour with me VJ’ing seriously in between. Oh it was Winners. This is Daft Punk with One More Time:
And even though it’s a Friday, what’s a Dance Party without some Saturday Night Fever. Here’s the Bee Gees with Night Fever:
A little Ancient history. One of the first shirt designs I ever made was a blank T-Shirt with black magic marker written on it saying: FRANKIE SAYS DANCE. In honor of the upcoming Zoolander2 movie. Here’s the Original version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood with Relax (Don’t do it if you want to C…)
See you on the Streetz and of course the dance floor. Cheers and Aloha!