Category Archives: Celebrities
Ja Rule and Ashanti. Aloha Tower Marketplace. Honolulu, Hawaii. 10/22/22
The Kicks and The Fashion
My friend and I got to the gig very early, so was able to check out the Kicks and Clothes. For the Kicks, Lots of Air Jordan 1’s, Yeezy’s, Converse, and a new brand for me-FAUX. On the clothing end, many T-shirts, both retro and with fun sayings on them, mega ripped jeans and a somewhat newer trend-The White Jean.
Let’s take a look at some of the Kicks and Clothes from the Ja Rule x Ashanti Concert on 10/22/22.
AJ1, Yeezy’s, Foamposite and some blk & wht coordinates
The White Jean Craze
KIcks on Feet and One in the Pocket
Not quite sure what was happening here, 2 shoes on feet and 1 extra shoe for the left side pocket. Hmmm…Interesting
And Here is the new brand for me-FAUX. They had some very nice glowing 3m on them
Ja Rule and Ashanti sang separately and together. Doing all of their hits. I personally liked Ja Rule Feat. Fat Joe and Jadakiss with New York, New York.
Before Ashanti sang her big solo hit she told a story. And it was a story I knew oh so very well. Ashanti talked about being in Hawaii 20 years ago. She was at a Meet and Greet that I organized at Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park (Now Wet n Wild Hawaii). It was a rather hot day, we did a very intimate Meet and Greet. We took pictures and fed our listeners and Ashanti and her crew to some delectable Hawaii plate lunches. It was a memorable moment for me, our listeners, Kai & Knute, our on-air personalities and Ashanti. It was really cool to hear her tell the story at the 10/22/22 concert.
And of course I liked the Ja Rule Feat. Ashanti with Always on Time after all these years, still knew all the words.
Thanks to Kona and Ray Jr. for the nice area to watch the concert. Side stage, very nice, very VIP. And Mahalo to @justkimo for the great pix and videos of the night.
Extra Videos for your viewing enjoyment. Live from Aloha Tower Marketplace on 10/222/22
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Anna x2 and More! UPDATED 3/2/22
An over the top drama filled series on Netflix based on New York Magazine’s “How Anna Delvey Tricked New York’s Party People (2018) by Jessica Pressler. BTW: Jessica also penned Hustler at Scores which turned into the Movie Hustlers starring Jennifer Lopez.
*Get ready for a giant comeback. Anna already got paid $320,000 for the rights to the Netflix story and according to her IG posts, she’s making some major moves now (Feb 2022) Even in the ICE detention Center. Getting paid even more for being Anna. And doing as Anna does. “Think Rich to become Rich” “Conceive, Believe, Achieve” “Where thought goes Energy flows and results are guaranteed” For Anna her number one thought is getting paid and second thought is being famous, she has mastered both.
The Music/The Soundtrack to the Series
The music matches the Netflix series to a T. The lyrics to the songs fit the scenes perfectly. You’ll find the tunes matching the show so perfectly and I’m sure you’ll have your shazaam in over-drive as you watch the series.
To Help you out a bit, here are many of the songs that flow with the show. And some of the scenes the songs are in and the a bit of lyrics and how well they match the theme of the show. Grade A for Music within a Series.
- Megan the Stallion-Rich: Yep Rich and Famous, that’s Anna Delvey & Anna Sorokin.
- CliQ Feat. Alika & Ms. Banks-Google me: “I’m a Big Deal, Google Me” The perfect song for the entire series.
- Cyn-Drinks: “Out with my friend, drinking a drink, Alexa knows the bartender so all the drinks are FREE” Yep, almost always the Anna’s drinks are free and High end.
- Bermuda Kills-New York, New York
- Rico Nasty-Own It
- Bordeaux-Franchise Freestyle-“You need MORE than Google just to find Me” Shows how elusive Anna really is.
- Confidence Man-First Class B*tch: This song sums up the movie perfectly. Anna may have been their Muse
- Daemon Feat. Zach Bishop & Amorie-New York New York. I woke up in the City that never Sleeps Classic line, but matches Anna’s sleeping patterns exactly. For many years she went out all night and slept all day. One of the Best ways to Live your Best Life. Or to think that it’s your best life. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere. Another great classic line, maybe one of the reasons she likes New York better than Paris, Germany or London.
- Frida Kahlo-Lion Babe
- Torren Foot Feat. Tinie Tempah & L. Devine-More Life
- Laura & Nova-Get Creative
- Jhene Aiko Feat. Ty Dola $ign. Party for me. Played while on the Yacht in Ibiza. As we know Ibiza is one Big PARTY!
- Megan the Stallion Feat. City Girls & Hot Girl Meg-Do it on the Tip
- Rony Rex & Carla Monroe-Milk It
- Amanda Feat. Kari Faux-Love em Leave em
- Dumi Maraire & Raphael Lake-Talk about It
- Logic Feat. Wale & John Lindahl-100 miles and Running
- Duckwrth-Unstatus Quo
- Me Gusta with Cardi B & Myke Towers–Anitta
- Dope Saint Jane-You’re Gonna Make it. Song played when the truckload of discovery arrives at the lawyers office. Also when Neff “almost” visits Anna at Rikers Island Prison. How bad do you want it, this bad, this bad” Manifest that sh*t. The song delivers the drive of many social climbers in NYC. And Anna’s ever easy way to manifest places to stay, fancy clothes and lots of cash money!
- seeyousoon-Faster Please: Played as Anna charges up $400,000 on clothes, shoes and sunglasses. Of course it’s on someone else’s credit card
- Jungle-Talk about it. Song played as Anna eyes 281 Park Ave as her home for the ADF location. What I gotta do? To start something new. What I gotta do? To Start living in the sunshine everyday That’s exactly what Anna was planning. Building something new and living Large all day everyday
- Major Lazer Feat. Mo & DJ Snake-Lean On
- Princess Nokia-Harley Quinn
- Robyn the Bank-Sha Bad One
- Lewis OfMan-Attitude
- Don Bigg-170kg
- Hot Kicks-CAnt Break my Life
- Missy Elliot Feat. Pharrell Williams. WTF (Where They From) Played while the ladies sauna and drink expensive Champagne.
- Travis Scott Feat. Young Thug & M.I.A-Franchise
- Tkay Madza–Shook
- Daisha McBride-Ballgame
- CHALL-Wow (Look at Me)
Anna Sorokin vs Anna Delvey Characters
- Val is in the series. One of her best friends in the early years. He isn’t real in IRL.
- Chase Sikorski in the series is her boyfriend who has an app called Wake and does Ted Talks. Anna Sorokin’s Chase is most likely Hunter Lee Soik. He or Chase is AKA “The Futurist” Soik is the most likely candidate, although there is still some skepticism. But Soik did move to the Emirates. See below for his TedTalk
- Nora Radford is very RICH and is where Chase, Val and Anna lived for a while. She also mentors Anna and supports the Anna Delvey Foundation. In the series Nora sends Anna out to get take out, but little does Nora know that Anna is buying up thousands of dollars of designer duds (on the TV show the bill is $400,000). This Character doesn’t match a real person. Its like an amalgamation of characters.
- Rachel DeLoache Williams in the series Neff says that Anna bought all the fancy clothes that Rachel wears. Rachel in real life paid the $62,000 Moroccan vacation. And as the series culminates, Many cheer for Anna and kinda despise Rachel. In the series they say she may have lost 62K but she made over half a million dollars from her story and other things associated with Anna Sorokin.
- Kacy Duke is the celebrity trainer/Life Coach in the series and IRL. She is the trainer best known for getting Dakota Johnson in shape for 50 Shades of Grey. She is super spiritual and believes the Universe will work everything out in the end.
- Richie Notar in the series and IRL is the co-owner of NOBU. Anna meets him at a special art party in the garden. He got his start in the Biz as busboy at Studio 54. He is part of Anna’s Park Ave project
- Andre Balazs in the series and IRL is famed Hotelier. Think the Standard and Chateau Marmont. He is also part of Anna’s team
- Alan Reed Played by the guy/Anthony Edwards from ER. Alan Reed is based on NY real estate Lawyer Anthony Lance. I love it when he doesn’t get racket court #1 and gets #12. He rolls his eyes and bumps into people like it’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to him. Now this has to be the pinnacle of white privilege. While some of us are out here wondering where our next meal will come from. Mr. Reed almost has a heart attack, when he isn’t VIP anymore. LOL
- Talia Mallay in the series lives in luxurious Hampton’s of the Super Rich, she has a Yacht that Anna and Chase go to. They spend an extra 4-7 days on the Yacht after Talia has left for New York. That was a pretty pricey Yacht. In the show, Talia says an extra week on the Yacht would cost the price of a Tesla! The Talia/Chase/Anna scene is one of the best when Talia calls Ibiza I-b-t-h-a, trying to sound super cool, yet everyone who really is cool, calls Ibiza like it’s spelled IBIZA. There’s also a guy on the Yacht that has the vibe of an overweight Steve Rubell of Studio 54 Fame. Or like a stereotypical 1980s record producer kinda guy. Talia Mallay might be Jayma Cardoso-She is tagged in a picture of Anna on the Yacht in September 2014.
- Vivian Kent is the main Journalist in the TV series. Jessica Pressler actually wrote the New York Magazine article.
- Neff in the series is Anna’s Ride or Die friend. You’ll like Neff, she is loyal to Anna from start to TFN. A great friend to have, no matter who you are. She is the concierge at 11 Howard and a film maker. Her real name is Neffatari Davis.
- 14 George in the movie is really 11 Howard IRL.
- Manhattan Magazine in the show is actually New York Magazine in real life.
- Anna Delvey is the self proclaimed German Heiress’ made up name. Real name Anna Sorokin.
- David Frankel the Director of the Devil Wears Prada directed 2 of the episodes of Inventing Anna
- Rikers Island has 10 Jails, that house up to 15,000 people. They wear Grey and Orange Jumpsuits. Anna continually gets in trouble by trying to tweak her uniform to give it more pop and style.
- Andrew Lance has been ranked as the number one Real Estate lawyer in the country by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Le Cou Cou is the restaurant inside the 11 Howard hotel. It is where Anna orders extravagant menu items not on the menu and charges them to her room. Fact: In 2017 before I went to NYC, I googled Where do the Hot Models and Celebs eat in Manhattan. And Le Cou Cou came up #1. I ended up at the #2 place, an delightful Italian spot with great olives and other foods. But only had about 7 people there and zero models/celebs. Ahh I was so close to becoming friends with Anna.
- Neff Davis is still good friends with Anna Sorokin. She also runs Anna’s Instagram account. And You’ll like this: She said that Rachel got paid back by Amex and made a ton of money off of Anna. Neff is not sympathetic towards Rachel just like the series contends.
- Purple magazine is a artsy fashion magazine run by Olivier Zahm. Who mostly fills the mag with black and white photos of Women he likes.
- Zellige tile is glazed terra-cotta tiles that appear in intricate patterns and bold colors in Moroccan hotels and homes.
- When she mentions one of the Culkin brothers, It could be either one, cause both starred with other stars of Inventing Anna. It’s either Macaulay Culkin from Home Alone Fame, who starred opposite Anna Chlumsky/Vivian Kent in the 90s movie My Girl. Or it’s Kieran Culkin who starred with Anna’s lawyer in Succession.
- Billy McFarland is a con artist and co-founder of the Fyre Festival. He defrauded investors of $27.4 million dollars!
- Delvey’s favorite Tune: Eminem’s Lose Yourself. (Source: Garner in Town and Country magazine February 2022)
- Cup Noodles: What she trades in jail to get more phone time.
Designers & Clothing Brands seen or mentioned in Inventing Anna
- Rick Owens
- Louis Vuitton
- Alexander McQueen
- Michael Kors
- Saint Laurent
- Victoria Beckham
*Anatasia Walker styled Anna for the trial. Here’s a bit about what was happening during the trial:
“Your client seems a little too concerned about her clothing. This is a trial. She’s a defendant,” Kiesel told Spodek. “I’m sorry her clothing isn’t up to her standards. Are you asking me to stop this trial because of the clothing? She’s got to be here.”
The Anna Sorokin Timeline
Anna was born January 23, 1991 in Russia. At 16 she moved to Germany, after High School she went to study fashion at Central Saint Martin’s in London. She quit school went back to Germany for a bit then on to Paris. In Paris she interned at Purple Magazine. Then she went to New York, she said it was easier to make friends in NY than in Paris.
2017 trip to Morrocco for the famed $62,000 Vay-Cay.
July 2017: The past catches up with her. And she owes $12,000 to Manhattan hotels. After attempting ad Dine and Dash from a NYC restaurant, she is arrested and charged with 3 Misdemeanor counts. She skips out on her court date. Shortly later she goes to the Chateau Marmont in L.A
October 2017: Her friend “Rachel” sets her up. While at *rehab she thinks she’s going out to lunch and is arrested in a STING operation by the Manhattan DA’s office. *She conned herself into rehab so that she couldn’t get extradited.
March 2018: New York Magazine prints her story and she becomes extremely INSTA famous! It’s more than a year later when she is found guilty of charges including Grand Larceny. But “Rachel” doesn’t win her case. Go team Anna. Maybe a Karen should be a Rachel. At least that’s what is seems from the TV show, who knows in real life what Rachel is like, I really do not know.
She serves 2 years of a 12 year sentence at Rikers Island. She gets out of jail.
February 2021: Then within a month she surrenders to ICE who puts her in a jail in New Jersey
As of 2/28/22 Delvey is still in Jail in New Jersey. Neff is helping with her social Media and by the looks of it, she is getting even more famous through her IG and thru the Netflix series, Inventing Anna.
I Have Anna Delvey’s Credit Card
Yep, it came inside the February print edition of New York Magazine. Like Anna, it is not cheap. Its a very good crisp, cool, solid credit card. Complete with chip image, secret code and even her Signature. Here is the sample. I carry it in my wallet, looking forward to trying it out at a Steak and Lobster Dinner!!!
Did we forget anything in this article? Will you watching Inventing Anna? Let us know in the comments section. And fill out the survey and let us know who’s team your on?
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a season 2 of Inventing Anna. Per her IG account she’s making some major moves even behind bars. Making Money, getting more and more famous and trying her hardest to Live her Best Life!
Sources: WWD.com, WomensHealth, Inventing Anna TV series, Independent, Marieclaire, The Cut, New York Magazine, Tudum @theannadelvey IG account, Town & Country Magazine (Feb 2022).
Enjoy pix from the movie and the the premiere of House of Gucci 11/24/21
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Just from the trailers, there are at least 65 people, cartoons, sports stars, movies settings seen. Have fun reading about who has been spotted so far and feel free to add to the list in the comments section. I’m sure we missed a few. And Where is Jordan. The Biggest secret of an upcoming movie, of all time is where and when does Michael Jordan appear. Will he be real? cartoon, in the movie? a MonStar! or may he even appear after the credits? Nobody knows (as of June 28,2021) If you know or find out, Let us know. But then we will need to add Spoiler Alert to the top of the post.
Hope to see the movie in or around July 16, so I can be suprized. For now, here is a Super-Duper Long list of characters in the upcoming Space Jam-2 movie.
The Main Cast:
- Lebron James
- Don Cheadle-Evil Mastermind
- Cassandra Starr
- Michael B Jordan
- Ceyari J Wright-Lebron’s Son
- Zendaya-Lola Bunny
- Anthony Davis-Goon Squad Villain-The Brow
- Damian Lillard-Good Squad-Chronos
- Diana Taurasi-Goon Squad Villain White Mamba
- Klay Thompson-Goon Squad Villian Wet Fire
- Nneke Ogwumike-Good Squad Villian Arachnneka
- Kyrie Irving
- Gabriel Iglesias
- Sonequa Martin-Green
- Gary Oldman
- Ernie Johnson-Commentator
- Michael Jordan? Update on 7/14/21: Seen on the Web: There is a hilarious cameo appearance from a different Michael Jordan in one of the film’s best gags.
The Toon Squad list is up next. Before it, let’s watch Jordan + listen to Hoop There It Is (Quad City DJ’s) or as the 8 and under crowd would say: Scoop There It Is-Sprinkles!
- Bugs Bunny
- Daffy Duck
- Porky Pig
- Yosemete Sam
- Lola Bunny
- Marvin the Martian (I own a pair of his shoes)
- Speedy Gonzales
- Taz Devil
- Wile E Coyote
- Pepe Le Pew (Nope he got kicked out for naughty behavior)
Next up is what I call the cameo list. Some pretty #retrocool characters from back in the day. Even some from the 1960s. Before this, lets take a break and see Lebron meet Bugs:
- Captain Caaaaveman
- The Penguin (2 different)
- The Joker
- Catwoman (2 different)
- Wonder Woman
- Iron Giant
- Teen Titans
- Scooby Doo
- The Flinstones
- The Jetsons
- Magilla Gorilla
- Jabber Jaw
- Yogi Bear
- Boo Boo
- Mr. Freeze
- Frankenstein Jr.
- Penelope Pitstop
- King Kong
- And this is pretty scary-Penniwise the super scary clown from IT
Before we get to the ultra craziness of who and what is in Space Jam-2. We gotta see and Believe I can Fly with more MJ Moments:
Movie settings/Groups of characters from Movies
(This is where they go way off script, The bad guys from Mad Max Fury Road? You know the bald Gothic Ghost like thug and Clockwork Orange! CO has gotta be worse than Pepe Le Pew any day-that CO is total nightmare city!) I can deal with the rest of them. But you sure dont want your 5-12 year old watching Clockwork Orange. I’m even still frightened to ever watch that movie again!
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Matrix
- The Conjuring
- Game of Thrones
- The Goonies
- Lord of the Rings
- Harry Potter
- Friday the 13th
- Gotham City
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- A Clockwork Orange
Who else is in the new Space Jam movie? When does MJ appear? Let us know what you know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Travis Scott x McDonald’s Collab
Lit or Pretty standard. It’s Selling Pretty Furious Fast. And anything with Travis Scott or Cactus Jack on it will sell Easy-Peasy-Parcheesy
The Travis Scott McDonald’s Meal released today. Yes pun intended. On 9/8/20 the Travis Scott meal was released to the General Public. Lines were long and the meal is selling quickly. They say it will be available for a month, I’d say its gone in less than 14 days. The Lobster roll lasted in Hawaii for about 10 days then it was gone, not to return.
The Travis Scott Meal is a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Onions, Pickles, Mustard + Ketchup with Medium Fries, a BBQ dipping Sauce and a Sprite with Ice. Supposed to be $6, but most likely more in Alaska, Hawaii, NYC($7) and some other pertinent places across the world. And it does not include a Toy. But you can buy the merch here
Travis Scott x McDonald’s Collab Merch
Wow! There is a TON of Merch for this Collab. Including 24 T-Shirts!! Hoodies, and Hats. You can get Denim or Boxer shorts or many variations of pants including Work-Wear, Denim and Sweatpants! Plus, a Beanie, Rug, Patch, Basketball, Tie & Socks.
I like the Vintage metal Lunch Box…complete with Thermos, the tie-dye shirts, Lunch Tray, Styrofoam Cups, Basketball Jersey and basketball Shorts!
Then there’s the Life Sized cut out of Travis and a pretty Sketchy realistic lookin’ McNugget pillow! The pillow must be made for a McLovin’ super fans.
And Cactus Jack Styrofoam cups, Uhm, McDonald’s doesn’t seem like one to promote “Drank” but the styro cups are available at the Merch Store The cups even come in party ready packs of 10! Maybe it’s the transparent world we live in 2020 that makes it acceptable? Or maybe they may not know? Or they are awaiting someone like me to type about it, to get publicity then take it off the website. Not sure if you remember but many years ago McDonald’s gave away stirs that were supposed to be for Coffee. But people used to snort coke. That was probably 30 years ago. And they received a lot of publicity from those stir sticks before they were pulled from the franchises.
The Cactus Jack Styrofoam “Purple Syrup” Cups will be the first item to SELL-OUT and if they do pull them from the site, the best item to resell on Ebay. I would also try and and get your hands on one of the Tie-Dye shirts, the Basketball jersey or the Vintage metal lunchbox with THERMOS! Those will all re sell highest of the High
If you read Streetzblog, you know we like Jordan. That was the last time we saw a Celebrity Quarter Pounder. No celebrity has had their name on a McDonald’s meal since the McJORDAN back in 1992. It was a quarter pounder with cheese, with bacon, onions, pickles, Tomato, mustard (No lettuce) and BBQ sauce for the burger. Price $1.99. And they sold collectable cups of your favorite NBA players. Fun Fact: A Bottle of real and rare McJORDAN BBQ sauce sold on Ebay for $9,995!!!
Batman also had a burger. It came with some delicious looking cheesy fries ad a very Hip commercial
We leave you with a couple of Travis Scott Tunes. I always want to call this one Highest of the High, not sure why? I do have this shirt and like the nice man at SNKRFLEA on Broadway said: It will continue to go up in price and it has. Got it for $80. It’s now $160 on a Japenese website I was on last week (Week of 8/31/20)
And the Tenet Trailer featuring Travis Scott’s The Plan
See you on the Streetz…blog!
So, I thought my washer or dryer was shrinking my clothes. I couldn’t button my work pants. Come to find out my stomach got big some how. I guess my metabolism finally changed after years of it being the same.
After 3 weeks of something similar to the FIGHT CLUB work-out AND eating 3-5x protein and vegetable meals a day, I’m back in my pants again. At my age it’s really 75% eating well and 25% working out. But, for me the working out is the fun part and I feel better in general.
I won’t admit that I do this work out exactly and all the time, but I do something pretty close. Mostly working with lighter weights very quickly. Going from one exercise to the next in rapid progression. It seems to be the best way to have fun and get things done that bring results.
If you’re interested in Brad Pitt’s FIGHT CLUB Work-Out. It’s shown below along with some of what he ate when he trained for those rad abs he had in the movie.
Pitt’s workout for FIGHT CLUB:
Monday — Chest
Push-ups — Three sets of 25 reps
Bench press — 25, 15 and eight reps at 165, 195, 225 lbs
Nautilus press — 15 reps at 80, 100, 130 lbs
Incline press — 15 reps at 80, 100, 130 lbs
Pec deck — 15 reps at 60, 70, 80 lbs
Tuesday — Back
25 pull-ups — Three sets to fatigue
Seated rows — Three sets at 75, 80, 85 lbs
Lat pull downs — Three sets at 135, 150, 165 lbs
T-bar rows — Three sets at 80, 95, 110 lbs
Wednesday – Shoulders
Arnold press — Three sets at 55 lbs
Laterals — Three sets at 30 lbs
Front raises — Three sets at 25 lbs
Thursday – Biceps & Triceps
Preacher curls — Three sets at 60, 80, 95 lbs
EZ curls cable — Three sets at 50, 65, 80 lbs
Hammer curls — Three sets at 30, 45, 55 lbs
Push downs — Three sets at 70, 85, 100 lbs
Friday & Saturday – Cardio
Treadmill — one hour at 80-90 percent of maximum heart rate
Cardio, Cardio, Cardio
Breakfast: Eggs (six whites, seven yolks) and 75g of oatmeal with raisins. Occasionally, Pitt would replace the eggs with a protein shake if his schedule was tight.
Mid-Morning Snack: Tinned tuna in whole wheat pita breads
Lunch: Two chicken breasts, 75-100g brown rice or pasta, and green veggies
Mid-Afternoon Snack [Pre-Workout]: A protein bar or whey protein shake and a banana
Post Workout: Whey protein shake and a banana
Dinner: Grilled fish or chicken, brown rice or pasta, vegetables and salad.
Evening Snack: Casein protein shake or low-fat cottage cheese (slow release protein).
*I recommend eating the new Gluten Free Pro Bar BASE. It has 20 grams of protein and comes with Chia and Flax Seeds. The best part about it, my stomach doesnt make noises after eating it. Many bars on the market make my stomach kinda’ sick. This Bar is Awesome and tastes good in Cookie Dough Flavor.
What do you think of this workout? How’s your washer and dryer working? See you on the Streetz!
BTW: Check out these Stylish Streetzblog x DORY x Off White Shorts I made for my grand baby-Adalyn. Her favorite movie is Dory and my favorite brand of the moment is Off White. A Perfect Match!
Summer Olympics 2016
The Gear Michael Phelps Is Wearing
In 2012, Michael Phelps wore the Sol Republic headphones. Streetzblog chronicled Phelp’s headphones in the games. As they went from obscure, to letting us know the brand to the brand being covered up the last few days. It was the most hit upon page in the history of this blog. This year, doesn’t look like we will duplicate the traffic to the site, since Michael now wears gear from 80% of his own brand-MP. But figured we’d at least follow-up on what he’s sporting in this year’s games.
*His headphones are once again stirring up some excitement. Pretty funny, since you’d think the Olympic committee would have learned their lesson from 2012. But nope. Phelps is still giving major props to an un sponsored brand. See below for the deets.
Since the London games in 2012, Michael is no longer wearing the Sol Republic Headphones. He’s Rockin’ the Beats By Dre-Solo2 Wireless headphones. Beats are not an official Olympic sanctioned sponsor, so he had a couple stickers on the ear area. on the walk to the pool and in the prelims you could still see the Beats logo along the top of his head. It was very easy to read when he tilted his head. And pretty much everyone knows what Beats look like nowadays. I bet they sell more than a few pairs this week!
Interesting Update: When it came to the finals of the 4×100 meter relay. The top portion had been blackened out. I was getting ready to get a picture of the Beats on top of the head band and it was gone. Blackened out by either a sharpie or black paint.
Phelps is either using an iPhone or an iPod to listen to music wirelessly. Prior to swimming he takes his Apple device out of his pocket a few times to turn up the volume or change the tunes. I know for sure he listens to Eminem. And the New York Times reported that he also listens to Young Jeezy and Eric Church.
MP/Michael Phelps XPRESSO Suit. Of course, MP gets his for free. But I did see 1 of the higher grade versions of the quarter length Red, White and Blue trunks for $345!
MP/Michael Phelps x Aquasphere XCEED Goggles. There are some new Titanium versions of these babies that I’m tempted to buy. If MP wheres them they have to work well and he’s quoted as saying they are the best goggles he’s ever worn. $29-$54 available here.
MP/Michael Phelps X-O Swim Cap is most likely worn underneath. The silicone caps are all branded by each swimmers prefered brand. Like Arena, Mizuno, Speedo, TYR and MP. In Michael Phelps case, he of course rocks the MP Navy USA Swim Cap.
Professional swimmers wear 2 caps. The first on the head is made of latex which fits better, the outer cap is silicone which cuts the drag, helping you swim faster.
They also wear 2 caps in case they lose 1 of them. Which would cause crazy drag especially with someone with longer hair, making them swim slower. And the main reason to wear the 2 caps is to secure the goggles in place better. I still have nightmares of swimming in Jr High and my goggles would fly off my head when I dove in the pool. Very hard to see after that happens!
Some swimmers put the first cap on, then the goggles, then the 2nd cap. Phelps in Rio 2016 puts his XCEED Titanium goggles on 1st then the softer, crunchier latex cap, then adds the slick, sleek and slippery silicone cap.
Phelp’s wears custom Under Armour Architech and Slingshot Sneakers on the way to the pool in the 2016 Olympics. The Architech is 3-D printed, the insole has a print of his son Boomer’s foot print on the left foot and an MP logo on the right shoe. The SpeedFrom Slingshot shoe has the word boomer printed in gold and the footprint on the outer medial area.
There are only a few pairs of MP’s custom shoes for the swimmer himself, but you can get a pair of similar Limited Edition Red, White and Blue SpeedForm Slingshots here for $120.
The Architech are on the left and the SpeedForm SlingShots are on the right. Photo courtesy of the UA Brand.
Baseball Hat and Backpack (Walking towards the Swimming Arena)
Under Armour Branded curved brim Navy baseball hat. Even though Dad caps and curved brim hats are in with the 20 somethings. I’d still like to see Phelp’s wear a flat brim snapback. Would give him less of a trying to hard to be on trend and more of a nice ol’ school street vibe. On the way to the Swim Arena, He also had a black or Dark blue Under Armour totally fully packed back-back. Looked like he has everything for the swim meet and after party all in ONE bag!
In the Swims leading up to the Olympics. Phelps wore a really nice street credible camo hoodie made by Under Armour. It was actually quite nice. I don’t need any warm weather gear out here in HI, but was tempted to look for it on-line.
At the 2016 Rio Olympics he wears the official Arena branded Navy Team USA jacket.
These funky looking circles on his back come from a form of recuperation entitled cupping. Cups are suctioned on to the skin, then pulled off. Increasing blood flow and aid in recuperating from intense training. Some say it’s better than massages or is used in conjunction with other remedies. The U.S Swim and Gymnastic teams both use cupping to help alleviate aches and pains.
That sums up the gear that helps Michael Phelps be the best he can be. I know when I used to where my Jordan 4s, they made me jump higher. Maybe some of this gear can help you or me swim Faster. See you in the Streetz, or possibly the swimming pool. (For more 2016 Phelps Fun, check out the hashtag #PhelpsFace).
The Right Way to Wear and Wang It
Pre Show Atmosphere
Looked like more people than usually were allowed at such a show. Crowd was also pretty mixed, Foreign press dressed in long Khaki Rain Coats, The Brunette Fashion Gals all staring at their phones, Some various people looking a bit lost? For some reason and not really dressed for the occasion, Lots of Hi-End Kicks on guys and gals along with the pseudo anti-establishment group in their very new yet slightly beat up Converse Kicks. Looked like FREE cocktails were very available. And with close attention, the best foreshadowing fashion flair I noticed were various people dressed in both Horizontal and Vertical grey and black striped shirts and skirts. Some looked planted and others just were wearing it, maybe to support the AW 10th Anniversary? (Later in the show we will see thicker vertical striped pants in grey and black along with my favorite horizontal brown and black striped pants).
Pre Show Set-List:
- Rihanna-Pour It Up
- Fetty Wap Feat. Monty-My Way
- NAS Feat. Lauryn Hill-If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)
- Rick Ross-Bandz
- Various Drums
- The Weekend Feat. School Boy Q, Rick Ross-Often (Explicit Remix) Mixed up with Sirens to get people to settle into their seats for the Runway Show
- Drake-10 Bands (Lights dimmed then went completely Dark before Start of the Show).
The Hashtags and @ Signs
#AWS16 #NYFW #Alexanderwang #Wang10 @AlexanderwangNY
More Color than I expected. Especially on the Female models, one actually was dressed all in Pink! Overall a fun show with mostly wearable clothes. Horizontal striped pants stood out on the guys. And layered with various textures stood out on the Ladies. Red Shoe laces on some nice looking black and sometimes white kicks were very visible. Here is a snapshot of the Looks.
My Favorite Looks
The Two Looks I Wouldn’t Wear, but Maybe you might Like?
Post Show Graphics and the Iconic AW Catwalk Run & Wave!
So that you can see and feel the full feeling of the evening. Here are some of Video Graphics splashing the walls. Along with the Iconic Alexander Wang Catwalk Run & Wave. Enjoy!
*All Pictures from every picture shown Above were shot via my iPhone5s during the live stream. Some str8t from the show, others had a bit of post editing done to them. I almost feel like I’m in NYC this week. (September 2015)
Celebrities At The Show
- The Weeknd
After Party Performers
- Lil’ Wayne
After Party Sea Shore Blue Jell-O Pop Shots
**The Jell-O Pop Shots picture is originally from the Alexanderwangny Instagram account, with some post editing done in one of my latest apps. (App is entitled Layout if you’re interested in checking it out).
What were your favorites? See you on the Streetz and have an Amazing Week!
Spot the Stars
The video is shot at the Standard Hotel in New York, one of the favs for the fresh, fast, fun, frolicking fashion jet-set. Thus, many celebs showed up to appear in Madonna’s video. It’s another great time to play the “Where’s Waldo?” game and see who you can see in the vid. Madonna and Nicki Minaj are of course easy to notice. And my favorite is Alexander Wang the king of Health-Goth.
Who do you see? Watch and write the many names down. You can also play spot the designer brand names. At the bottom of the video are the celebs I noticed. Anyone I missed? What are the fashion brands? Or who is missing? I think it would be fun to see the OG king of the Club Kids-Michael Alig do a quick appearance. Some other notorious NY oriented people I would like to see are Chloe Sevigney, Hailey Clauson & Karlie Kloss, Macaulay Culkin, Lindsay Lohan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Marc Jacobs, Sienna Miller or the Olsen twins since they just celebrated a super elaborate Birthday party. Let us know in the comments section, who I may have missed or who you think is missing from the Video. And the designer brands you spot. Have a Nice Weekend.
Madonna of course
And if you’re wondering who Michael Alig is? or want to see more of the 1990’s Club Kids shenanigans, here’s a fairly new trailer of the latest in Retro 90’s Club Kid movies.