Category Archives: Jordans
Get Your Last Dance Fix Here
Over 55 Songs with a Michael Jordan Reference in them (60) As of Memorial Day Monday: May 25, 2020
If you didn’t get enough of The Last Dance. Here’s a Giant list of Michael Jordan songs you can listen to as you continue re-live the momentous moments of the G.O.A.T
Biggest List of Michael Jordan Songs Listed below:
1. Ice Cube-It Was A Good Day: Which Park are y’all playin’ basketball? Get me on the court and I’m in trouble. Last week. Fricked around and got a Triple Double. Freakin’ n’s every way. Like MJ. I can’t believe today was a good day (1992)
2. Jay-Z-Show Me What You Got: Shots of Patron, now she’s in the zone. I ain’t talking about the two-three. Mami in the zone like the homie 2-3. Jordan or James, makes no difference. Boo I’m balling the same. I am the Mike Jordan of recording. You might want to fallback from recording (2006)
3. Biggie and P. Diddy-Victory: Excellence is my presence, never tense Never hesitant, leave a n’ bent real quick. Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike Anyone — Tyson, Jordan, Jackson action, pack guns, ridiculous (1997)
4. J Cole-I Got It: Ay 1996, my own room now, I’m hangin’ posters up. Holes up in the wall my stepfather said I ain’t supposed to. But I’m hoop dreamin’, hangin up pictures of my idols. Jordan was like Jesus, SLAM was like the Bible I used to read it twice and cut the pictures out Had the Jordan free throw dunk tongue stickin’ out (2009)
5. Jay-Z and Kanye West-N’s in Paris: Ball so hard, since we here. It’s only right that we be fair. Psycho, I’m liable to be go Michael. Take your pick, Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Game 6 (2012)
6. Heavy D, Biggie & Tru Kula-Jam Session: Rebounding, Outstanding, no one surrounding. I’m screwing and doing like I was Ewing. The only one soaring and scoring is Jordan (Ah heh ah heh) He must of had his Wheaties this morning (1994)
7. 2Pac-The Lunatic: Well I raise hell and excel cause it pays well. Jordan couldn’t dunk it any harder, pump it any farther. I’m funky, that’s word to the father (1991)
8. Pete Rock-Don’t be Mad: Don’t be mad because you can’t do what I can. Like when Jordan went up took that shot and switched hands. (With his tongue out) Don’t be mad ’cause you not me (2008)
9. Jay-Z-Encore: As fate would have it, Jay’s status appears to be at an all-time high, perfect time to say goodbye. When I come back like Jordan, wearing the 4-5
It ain’t to play games with you. It’s to aim at you, probably maim you (2003)
10. Big Pun-The Dream Shatterer: Ay-yo I shatter dreams like Jordan, assault and batter your team. Your squadron’ll be barred from rap like Adam & Eve from the garden. I’m carvin’ my initials on your forehead. So every night before bed you see the “BP” shine off the board head (1998)
11. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J–Mike Will Made It 23: Hit it like a free throw, Tongue out like I’m Jordan. I stay showin’ out, my kick game is a beast. I got thirty pair of J’s that ain’t never been released. Flu game 12, Space Jam 11. On the hype beast sick They gon’ need a paramedic. I got trippy. I stay live All this purple in my cup Match them grape 5’s. J’s on my feet J’s on my feet J’s on my feet. So get like me. I be in the club standing on the couch In them Wolf Greys like it’s my house. J’s so fly I should work at Flight Club (2013)
12. Rick Ross Feat. Wale, Meek Mill and J. Cole-Fitted Cap: My Levis, they 501, My snapback is hella bent. My Jordans high-top, snapback fitted cap (Woo!) My Jordans high-top, snapback fitted cap (Woo!) The Rolls-Royce (Huh!), it’s all white (Huh!) (2011)
13. Drake-Back to Back: Yeah, I learned the game from William Wesley, you can never check me Back to back for the n’s that didn’t get the message. Back to back like I’m on the cover of Lethal Weapon. Back to back like I’m Jordan ’96, ’97 whoa. Very important and very pretentious (2015)
14. Lil Wayne feat Euro and T-Live Life: I hit the block, talk sh*t, roll a few stogies Pop a bar, kill a lil’ time on my Rollie David Copperfield, I make a hundred disappear, Like I know Magic, but ball like Jordan n’ hating on my new deal, James Harden. Rudy Gays up on the coupe, and Black Mambas on the Truck. I’m a dream chaser for stacking cheddar. I’m in my Olympic Dream Team’s Retros Number 7s (2018)
15. Jay-Z-Hova Song (Intro): Jigga the sh*t, even when he rhyme in third person. Hova the God, I should be rappin’ with turban. Haters can’t disturb him, waiters can’t serve him. Mike Jordan of rap – outside J workin. Now watch how quickly I drop 50 (1999)
16. NAS-Street Dreams: Young, early 80’s, throwin’ rocks at the crazy lady.
Worshippin’ every word them rope rockin’ n’s gave me. The street raised me up, givin’ a (B)uck. I thought Jordan’s and a gold chain was livin’ it up. I knew the dopes, the pushers, the addicts everybody. Cut out of class, just to smoke blunts and drink naughty (1996)
17. 2Pac feat Eminem and Ron Isley-Better Days: Tryin’ to keep my head up and stay strong. All my homies slangin’ yayo all day long, But they wrong. So I’m solo and so broke Savin’ up for some Jordan’s, ’cause they dope. I got a girl and I love her, but she broke too. And so am I; I can’t take her to the places she wanna go to. So, we argue and play, fight all day and night. Makin’ passionate love ’til the daylight (2002)
18. Ace Hood-Hope: Growing up I wanted to be like Jordan, Even though I couldn’t really afford it. Who’s to say I can’t be an Obama, A Tiger Woods worth about a billion dollars? (2013)
19. Kanye West feat. Syleena Johnson-All Falls Down: I’ll just stay down herre and do hair. Cause that’s enough money to buy her a few pairs of new Airs. Cause her baby daddy don’t really care. She’s so precious with the peer pressure. Couldn’t afford a car so she named her daughter Alexus (a Lexus)…That’s why shortys hollering “where the ballas’ at?” Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack. And a white man get paid off of all of that (2004)
20. Kendrick Lamar feat School Boy Q-Michael Jordan: I used to want to be like Michael Jordan. Figured I would hit the NBA and make me a fortune. Wayne told me that, and that’s just how it goes. Michael Jordan. Bounce-bounce hoe, bounce-bounce (2010) Warning: Explicit Lyrics
21. Fabolous-Throwback: When I’m in the Chi, you think they ain’t that shocked. To see the kid roll through in the St. Pats Socks. So pull out the Chicago and script to wear on Soul Train. The Bulls, when Mike had hair and a gold chain (2003)
22. Jay-Z and R. Kelly-The Return: Best of both worlds, and we rock the club.
You know what I’m sayin. Boy H-O, Kells, we not playing. Losers lose, so when we does what we do, we win And win again, like deja vu. Then we win again, like MJ do, Three peat, then we retreat to waters that’s blue. Young Scrappy, that’s what grown men do (2004)
23. Group Home-Livin’ Proof: I’m lost, must pay the cost to be the boss. With force, rather get my point across. I’m goin off on the mic insane, out of sight. When I take flight (like who kid?) Like Mike. And you see, I be rollin’ like a battlecat. And I’m ready to rip on my combat (1995)
24. Chief Keef-Kay Kay: Me and my n’s we balling. We don’t do no talking.
I see it, I want it, I bought it. In my closet bout 40, Pulling up in my foreigns. Full of Ignorance. You n’s is boring. I’m balling like I’m jordan (2012)
25. Pusha T-40 Acres: A toothless crackhead was the mascot. The owner of the key to that padlock. I’m Jordan vs Cavs for the last shot. I need all mine, reparations. We growin’ poppy seeds on my 40 acres (2013)
26. Kanye West-Rhymefest/Brand New: Like when Shaq left the Lakers just to “Heat” it up. I state the stats to stunt – I don’t need to front. I make history e’ry day – I don’t need a month. The survey says – by the streetz according, Kanye’s just important as Michael Jordan Was to the NBA, when he was scorin’. Ralph Lauren was borin’ before I wore him (2005)
27. Los-Control (Remix): And while I’m Laughing, they collapse as I’m passin’ em.
Man I’m coming with the K, like they lackin’ potassium. I’m Jordan from the free throw while every frame is in slow mo. And every fan in the stands got the head in they hands like “oh no”. Somebody get the promo, so somebody flick the photo. And somebody stitch the logo, cause I’m bodying this sh*t bro bro (2012)
28. R. Kelly & Jay-Z-The Best of Both Worlds: The best of…Back and forth, back and forth, let’s do it… both worlds (rock for ’em Hov’) It’s not even close, just leave it alone. I’m Michael Jordan, I play for the team I own. Sing to ’em Kel-The best of.. both worlds – ohhhhHHH! (2002)
29. Macklemore x Ryan Lewis-WINGS: On the court I wasn’t the best, but my kicks were like the pros. Yo, I stick out my tongue so everyone could see that logo. Nike Air Flight, book bag was so dope. And then my friend Carlos’ brother got murdered for his Fours, whoa…I was trying to fly without leaving the ground, Cause I wanted to be like Mike, right. Wanted to be him, I wanted to be that guy, I wanted to touch the rim. I wanted to be cool, and I wanted to fit in, I wanted what he had, America, it begins (2011)
30. Currensy-Space Shuttle: Shoe section with so many selections. Jordan 3 Cements, my secret weapon, dead stock, not bootleg, NIKE inspected. Homies, you lookin’ at a fashion detective, who can spot a fake in a second (2009)
31. Jadakiss feat. NaS-What If: What if there was no Rockefeller law for made men? What if hate ran thru me? And what if Portland woulda’ drafted Jordan instead of Sam Bowie? What if you really had to be nice to get a deal? What if all of these rappers ice was really real? What if I hit you wit the razor from cheek to chin? What if Mike Jackson neva’ woulda’ bleached his skin? (2009)
32. Ice Cube-When will they Shoot: Amerikkka’s burnt – it’s like toast. Like Jordan, I’m goin coast to coast. Dribblin the funk, here comes the n’ with the mo F’in monster dunk, get off me punk. Jordan.. watch Jordan, aiyyo, yo watch Jordan .. YES! You better eat your Wheaties (1992)
33. Big L-Let em’ have it L: I make a lot of doe. I’m quick to spot a foe. Even if my grandma violate she gotta go. When I was young I played with guns not a kiddy toy. Cause I’m a ruff rugged gangsta not a pretty boy. Facts on tracks I recite well. Everybody be like Mike, but Mike wanna be like L (1995)
34. The Game Feat. DJ Khlaed, Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous & Rick Ross-Bottles and Rockin’ J’s: Ayo Game, what they do boy It’s DJ Khaled I got my black and red Jordan Retro 6′s on. All I know is bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. With all this money you know where I’m heading. And I’m gonna get the Jordan’s, the patent 11 leathers. They really banging all the way down to the dead end. And I get a couple pair with all this money, I be getting. And I kill ‘em with the bounce, you see the way a n steppin’. And we pop bottles and we rock J’s, see me reppin’. Bottles and rockin’ J’s. Smokin’ and sippin’ Spades. Pistol tucked in my Louie, Heated up like I’m Wade. n don’t do LeBron’s, Kobe up on the weekends. Jordan’s Monday through Friday especially when I’m freakin’ Them cool grey’s, that’s Monday Them Space Jams, that’s Tuesday Them Spike Lee’s on Wednesday 23′s in my Benz, eh You know I love them 6′s, especially on my bitches 13′s and them spandex on Thursday, it’s your birthday.
And Friday I ain’t lying, King Of Diamonds I’m in heaven. Red Bone p poppin’ on my black and red 11′s Patent leather when I step in. You know what I’m reppin’ It’s S double O, W Double-O Black number 4′s I ain’t get it from the store. (2011)
35. Dizzy Wright, Honey Cocaine & Kid Ink-Fashion: Yo, Jeremy Scotts or these thirteen (which one’s?) With the wings But I’m fly like Jordan off that first string (can’t decide) Call me fresh prince, With this flattop I’m gonna take you back. Retros with that face to match (2013)
36. Curren$y-Jordan 3’s: That is I, License my flyness. Drop jewels from the sky. That’s my crib Where I live. Walk with these Jordan 3’s, You’ll be aight slick. Peel off like a New Era sticker (2010)
37. Raekwon-Sneakers: So many phat styles , Make a kid’s head fall out. Yo Filas , those too par, I’m supposed to Always keep it real with the selection, holdin’ you Prince black Jordans , K-Swiss gear , remember lottos Stash mad bottles , in the fence.. Ooh the diadora (1999)
38. Wale-Barry Sanders: All my females show bust, Curtis Enis, Nittany lion, my Penn State it, n’s recite it. I’m Michael Jordan major, you n’s Harold Miner…Vic Page never made it, Len Bias never made it. See God gave us the talent, but the devil make us famous My effort is contagious, so check this BOA SHIT. With this recording, I’m as sick as Jordan before Game 6…Now Jordan III my shoe. Double M G my crew. When you do it big as Manute, you make it seem minute (2011)
39. Common-Sweet: The ’87 n used to rah rah in the jam. Ow yeah, we put them things in the air. When I drop a single, it’s really like a pair. Of Air Jordans, important to the culture If you aint true to it, callate la boca (2011)
40. Jamie Foxx feat Justin Timberlake and T.I-Winner: Lately nothin’ misses I must of been scorin. Speakin’ of the misses, I’m watchin’ them pourin. Just like a drink that I’m enjoyin. And don’t mean bottles you welcome to join in. Just look at me soarin’ Feelin’ like Jordan (2010)
41. Drake-Over My Dead Body: Are these people really discussing my career again? Asking if I’ll be going platinum in a year again? Don’t I got the sh*t the world would wanna hear again? Don’t Michael Jordan still got his hoop earring in? (2011)
42. Lil Uzi Vert-Michael Jordan: I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) Michael Jordan (what I can’t do?) I’m Jordan, I’m Jordan, I’m Jordan (Michael Jordan) Michael Jordan (I’m the GOAT) (2016)
43. J. Cole-Rich N’z: I ain’t trippin’, n’ Jordan I ain’t Pippen. Up the steps I ain’t slippin’, Tears blood sweat I ain’t crippin’ (2013)
44. Joey Bada$$-Sorry Bonita: Smoker’s club, Michael Jordan how I’m killin’ 4 quarters. You stashin’ the trash, hoarder. Yo girl startin’ to bath water, it’s Dirty, And that’s not an introduction, it’s nutchin’. Dirt on my shoulders, like Hova (2013)
45. Pusha T-Numbers on the Board: Givenchy fitting like it’s gym clothes. We really gym stars, I’m like D-Rose. No D League, I’m like “these close”. ’88 Jordan leapin’ from the free-throw. Ballers – I put numbers on the boards. Ballers – I put numbers on the boards (2013)
46. Meek Mill-The End (Outro): And they tellin’ me to turn down, they say that I need riddling. Ballin’ like I’m Jordan, no assists from Sottie Pippen. And it ain’t enough flows, crossing over like I’m dribbling. Running laps round them rappers, tired like Michelin (2013)
47. King Louie-Michael Jordan: Don’t you’re missing something? Doing, acting, bumping. Now they’re forest gumping. Pull up in some foreign. (X)itch told me she forward. Balling like I’m tall. Call me Michael Jordan (2013)
48. Rapsody-Thank You Very Much: So thank you very much to each one of you major lables that failed sign me sooner. Now we going up on the wagers. Thank you very much for da favors. For all the Jordans from Jordan. Thanks to Jordan G. (gee) the video love was major (2013)
49. Drake-Barry Bonds Freestyle: Sliding through Henri Bendel like it’s slippery. And your ex-man is a hater, officially. Probably ’cause he know I’m exactly what you wish he’d be. Yeah, that’s the reason why he looking hard. ‘Cause I done snatched the Chips Ahoy out his cookie jar. He just mad ’cause his girl at the house with her tongue sticking out like a Michael Jordan rookie card (2007)
50. A Tribe Called Quest-Lyrics to Go: Don’t worry about gettin’ gassed, I push the pedal to the Metal. Always wanted this cause it surely beats a scramble. I’m like Jordan with the mic huh, wanna gamble (1993)
51. Beanie Sigel feat. Jay-Z-I know I’m outta control: Me and Jay same track you gotta be kiddin’. It’s like that n’ Jordan, I’m Scottie Pippen. Its like Magic, Worthy, Parish, Bird, an Stockton- Malone sh*t. Who gonna stop and hold this Game like Doc and Moses. Full court press and the rock control this (2000)
52. J. Cole-Return of Simba: Ced said, Look, my n’s, we got a foot in” Bein’ good is good, that’ll get you Drew Gooden. But me, I want Jordan numbers, LeBron footin’ Can’t guard me, Vince Lombardi, John Wooden. Garbage? Hardly, you n’s silly like Chris Farley. So like him, you’ll be gone too early (2011)
53. Big Daddy Kane feat. Scoob Lover, Saude Money, Shyheim ODB and Jay-Z-Show & Prove: Now Tell me who is the man? With the high-potent lyrics no rapper can ever stand. And stepping to me, thinking I can be touched? Not even Michael Jordan’ll gamble that much (1994)
54. Fabolous-B.O.M.B.S: New Lamb truck, got the bull in the hood. Black and red lookin’ like the Bulls at the hood. 23’s on and got the Bulls ain’t good. This game six, this can’t miss. Shootin’ my shot, wrist hang switch. Ice my SHIT like I just rain this. I’m payin’ the DeWayne Wade, but I flash Knotts, whoa. I thought you could’ve been Jordan. Found out that you wasn’t even Ben Gordan. Next one get flewed out, I’m keepin’ them boardin’ Like Toni Kukoč, I’m foreign (2019)
55. Joe Budden-Pump it Up Freestyle: I’ll get you drug out the club, they have to carry em. Your head bug out, i’ll raid n’s scared of em. Worry I’M not Mike Jordan, of the mic recordin’. Hovi baby you Kobe, maybe Tracy Mcgrady. Matter fact you Harold Miner, Jr Rider, washed up on marijuana (2003)
56. Lil Wayne, feat. Euro & Kidd Kidd-Frickin’ Problem: We can take the stairs up to the stars. That’s where we belong. Frick that SHIT you talk, I beat that P like production. Or like Rock beat the Russian, or like Jordan, beat the buzzer. n’, gimme what you’ve got, take that money like an usher. One man band, all you hear is repercussion (2013)
57. A Tribe called Quest. Baby Phifes Return: Kid, you know my flava, tear this whole jam apart. Frick around and have your heart, like Jordan had Starks. While you playin hokey pokey, there’s no time to be dokey. Cuz I come out to play every night like Charles Oakley (1996)
58. Face-Streetballin: It’s a GD shame, how much I love this Game. Give me the Rock, now watch me do my Thang…Just like MJ (2010)
59.. Chance the Rapper feat. Lil Kim and Nate Fox-Pusha Man: Still gotta letterman, no practice Still gotta burner man, no lacking Still outtin Jams n’, no Jackson, No Jordan and we toe-tagging. I’ll take you to land, where the lake made of sand. And the milk don’t pour and the honey don’t dance (2013)
60. T.I. with Jay-Z Feat. Kanye West & Lil Wayne-Swagga Like Us: My swagger is Mick Jagger. Every time I breathe on a track, I asthma attack it. Why he so mad for? Why he gotta have it? Cause a slave my whole life, now I’m the master. Naaaaa-na-naaaaa.
How it feel to wake up and be the shit, and the urine? Naaaaa-na-naaaaa. Tryna get that Kobe number, one over Jordan (2008)
Author’s Lyrics with MJ Reference
Sniper Wells-Set the Tone
Words and Lyrics by Sniper Wells. Recorded by the Aloha Aliens. Chicago, Illinois/Honolulu, Hawaii. 7/4/2020
LIVE ONCE, ROLLED DICE, DIED THRICE, SAW THE AFTERWORLD, IN FAST FORWARD, BACKWARD, TUNNEL EYES. BEEN TO THE END AND BACK. EVEN ON A BAD DAY, IT’S BETTER IRL, ALIVE, IN THE ZONE, LIKE MJ, FLY IN FROM THE FREE THROW LINE. NO TIME FOR DIMES, JUST DUNK.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
OUTRAGEOUS, CONTAGIOUS, BELIEVE YOU ME, THE WORLD’S CHANGING. RE-ARRANGING, THE ATOMS, THE BOMBS, TIME TO TAKE CHARGE. LIVE LARGE, OUT OF MY MIND. TIME IS NOW, THE PRESENT, NO PAST- JUST THE HERE AND HOW. TWEET THIS, FACEBOOK THAT, WHACK, GOTTA GET BACK, ENJOY THE MOMENT, THE FEELINGS, NATURE, THE CONVO, SHOW, DON’T MISS OUT, TIME TO SHINE…WILL YOU BE MINE.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
CLICK, CLACK, NO CRACK, LOU BA TAWNS, HIT THE STREETZ. GOTTA’ GET SOME GRO’S, GOT TIME, TO MEAT AND GREET. BIG SMILE IN THE AISLE..AT THE HOLIDAY MART. STAYIN’ SMART, IN THE CHILL MODE, CONFIDENCE SOARIN’, SHE’S HOT, I’M ON FIAH, NOT A ROOK. GONNA’ BE SCORIN’.. LIKE BRAD AND LAW IN THE PLAYBOOK. I NEVER TYE AH.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD, I INCREASE MY FREQUENCY, SET THE TONE, LIKE ROBBINS WOULD.
I’s a pretty large list. Let us know if we missed any? And what you think of Streetzblog tune with a bit of MJ influence. Going to back it with a big blasting beat and record it on Logic Express on the Mac. Will attach the audio or a link to it, when it has been recorded and mastered.
Quad City Dj’s-Whoomp There it Is: The Space Jam intro. This is one of the Streetzblog crew’s favorite videos. Has all of Michael’s all-time classic moves. Along with a pretty catchy all-time tune.
Seal-Fly Like an Eagle: Some Crisp, Cool, High Definition Jordan moves and grooves in full effect right here, right now:
I’m digging Pop Smoke’s latest joynz, so this is going on the blog. The Lyrics Don’t mention MJ, but the video mix feat. Jordan is very nice. Lil Tjay feat. Pop Smoke + Fivio Foreign-Zoo York Michael Jordan Mix: (2020) Warning: Explicit Lyrics
And if you’re looking for “that song” you hear when the 90’s Bulls were introduced. Here it is along with a bit of info on how it all came about, Alan Parsons Project with Sirius:
We leave you with Be like Mike-The Gatorade commercial song that is so super catchy:
Add any Comments on the list of songs, Did we miss anything? Put em’ in the comments section below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dior Miami Fashion Show Men’s Pre-Fall 2020
Just going give you the link to the Neo-Mint Green Trend Spotting by us. Click here As written on the Streetzblog on May 10, 2019
And this Fashion show is where the Dior x Jordan 1 sneaker is seen IRL. I’ve seen pricing on my IG from $2,000 – $25,000 a pair. We shall see what people will pay for them soon.
Have a nice week. See you on the Streetz of Hawaii this week, NY and Chicago soon (Dec 2019)
Air Jordan 1 Retro HI NCXL
Nike House of Innovation NYC/000
Super exciting Triple Flexing Awesome Fun day at Nike NYC
Two Days ago Nike Double Dip dyed these Jordan 1’s in Day-Glo Green Paint. They also added the imprint I chose in the orange paint
Today, we got together in a group of about 12 and Customized our Jordans. Starting with the Swoosh. I chose Blue Alligator and Brownish-orange leatherbasketball material
Then came paint via acrylic markers. I will most likely tweak this portion a bit at a later date. We had about 2 hours to do everything. Like sewing and design class I was last to go home
Laces, Toggle, top flap and Lace tips are chosen. Many, many different colors to choose from. Here is the finished product. This to me was a $2,000 experience for a mere $200. And they are Air Jordans! Cannot believe my luck that this week was the AJ1 week. Next week is the Cortez, then the AF1. This Nike NYC store is a very incredible special place. Mahalo to Nariah and the crew for all the great help and supplies. My hands, shoes, jacket, even my face is colored in blue and orange!
See you on the Streetz…of New York!
The Make and Take Class for the 21st Century
The Shoe Surgeon teaches you the tricks of the trade creating your very own Air Jordan 1 from Scratch! The Video below shows students in action making their own Air Force 1’s.
This class is even better, You make your very own custom Jordan 1’s!!! Sweet! #1ofOne Included in the class is a pair of Air Jordan 1’s, Toolkit, All Materials, Daily lunch and some Bevies. From the looks of the application form, you probably get a comp shirt too!
Price is slightly steep at $3,000, but sure looks like a lot of fun! And if you really learned how to do this, you could start making customs for friends and others to make back the money. If I lived in NY, I’d probably try for a spot in the class & put the $$ on some credit card. Classes are September 6-9, 2018 in New York City.
Limited spaces are available, you can sign up for class here. Sounds like fun! What do you think? See you on the Streetz!
Farmers Market-Pearlridge (Aiea, Hawaii)
Taking advantage of a 3-day weekend. I woke up super early Saturday July 2nd 2016 and attended the Farmer’s Market in the Pearlridge Mall’s parking lot in Aiea, Hawaii. I set out to get some healthy food, some nice pictures for the blog and have a bit of what I would call Tourist Fun.
You may go to the Farmer’s Market weekly or daily, Me, I shop mostly at Walmart or Foodland for my food. But been attempting to eat more fruit lately and share more about the island where I live on the Streetzblog. So, that’s why I call this a touristy thing. I’ve never really shopped at a Farmers Market before. I walk through a small one on the way to work every Tuesday and Friday, but never even stop to see or buy any of it.
The experience was pretty fun. Lots of things were $2-$3 and as an added bonus I got to try some Bacon Jam!
A few tips I learned:
- Have a budget it mind and stick to it. As you will see I didn’t make it home with too much, yet spent $100.
- Buy the fruit and vegetables. Buy the fun Breakfast food, Thai Food or Poke bowls on your tourist day or only on special occasion. The food is good, but a bit pricey. Not $2-$3. My breakfast sandwich was quite yummy but cost $15. Plus a Coffee $5 Plus a Lemonade $5. That’s $25 in 5 minutes. This is just a tip, not something I would do, the breakfast sandwich was delish, the coffee was cold brewed so it kept me awake for days and the lemonade with Pineapple Li Ling Mui was quite refreshing and I saved it for my dinner. Bonus Tip: Ask for extra ice for the coffee and the Lemonade, the Hawaii weather melts the ice in like 2 seconds.
- Buy from the first stand on the right. Almost everything in it is $2-$3. And make sure you get the Sugar Candy Banana’s. They are very sweet and healthy at the same time. Wow!
- Get there early. Like when they first open at 8:30am. Things go quick and the heat from the parking lot can become unbearable after 10:30am.
- Get the dragon fruit. Because it looks so colorful. And I expect it tastes good, but have yet to figure out what to do with it. Gonna’ Google it first, before cutting it up.
- Have fun! Play Tourist. Take pictures. Enjoy the moment. Hey-I just might check out another one of these things next weekend.
Here’s more of the experience in pictures! If you celebrate 4th of July, Have a Happy Independance Day 2016. And don’t forget the fruit with your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. See you on the Streetz!
I can’t leave you without showing my shoes and a very cute picture of Adalyn. Along with the sliced up and already eaten Mango. BTW: The mango was even better than the Banana’s. Tasted extra sweet after putting it in the Fridge for a couple hours. I never knew Fruit could taste so Good! OMG!!!
My Haul for the Day, Along with my cat Squirley checking out what’s for lunch!
PATENT at the Street Market
This Thursday April 16th, 2015 Dover Street Market unleashes the NikeLab Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG x DSM (Obsidian/White). These will be available at the NikeLab Space at the Dover Street Market NY store and on the DSMNY E-SHOP.
According to the DSMNY website, they aren’t quite sure of the launch time, but you can enter your name and email next to your size. And they will email you the information once it becomes available. Price: $185
Nice all-obsidian blue patent leather upper with white outer sole. Perfect to wear with a suit. Although, It looks like the only mention of Dover Street Market is the DSM branding on the insoles. They also have a limited edition Jordan x DSM shirt and hat on sale this Thursday April 16th. You can sign up for an email for these 2 items also.
Since these are Jordans, I suspect they will go quickly. When I was at DSMNY, I noticed most of the staff and some shoppers wearing a special pair of NikeLab kicks in a beige colorway. It was the first time I’d ever seen them. Since then I’ve only noticed them on a female Runway model. Look like they were pretty limited.
The other shoe collab that I like is the Converse x DSM. I have a pair of these and they are the newer re-imagined Cons with an extra bounce in the sole. Very comfortable, you can really tell the difference. They are a pure black-Out colorway with a DSM design/logo in white. I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in Hawaii who has a pair of these. And some are still available on the DSMNY website.
If you are in or go to NY, I would suggest visiting the store, it’s quite a fun place to visit, What do you think of the DSM collabs so far? Anyone know more about the beige pair? Thoughts on the new Obsidian Blue Patent J’s?
Public School x Jordan Brand/Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG
I’ll tell you right out of the blocks, don’t get too excited about this pair of kicks. They will be very hard to find. They are limited to 50 pairs which are going to the friends and family of the Public School brand. The Good news is a similar pair will be produced and available at the Flight 23 shops in New York City, depending on where you find your research on the web, this version could be out by end of Summer or in 2015. There’s some conflicting information about the release of the NY23 version of these kicks. The pictured version is entitled the PSNY.
I know, a little confusing. I do like the PS on the back of the pair pictured. That’s pretty cool. The Icey Translucent outsole is sick. And all black is a great color to sneak into work with or rock with a suit, maybe with a black or white T and a purple or blue pocket square.
See you on the Diner En Blanc Streetz this weekend! A very hard party to dress for, no black allowed, everything is suppose to be WHITE including the pants! Yikes! Maybe I’ll do a post on it, maybe I won’t. As you know, white’s not one of my fav colors to be rockin’.
Air Jordan Flashcards
Check out these Air Jordan Flashcards. Play with friends and see who knows their J’s the Best. Out of the first 20, I could do pretty well up until 15-19. After a couple plays, easy parcheesie. But just like Jordan’s these cards created by Kevin Lyons are limited to just 250 sets. I’d like to play the game, but I suspect many will keep these on ice just like the kicks.
I wouldn’t pay double or triple for a card game, that’s for sure. It does give me a good idea to have some fun and still get to play the game. Just go on-line, copy, print and cut up all the J’s you can find, laminate them, then play with your fellow sneakerheads. Sounds like a plan. And you get to play the game with the even more styling color versions of the kicks. Adding to this idea, put together an Air Jordan Flash Card Game Night. Play the card game, eat some Ballpark franks, Drink some Gatorade, maybe have a cigar or two, watch some Bulls Games on VHS. And don’t forget to buy, sell, and trade your kicks. Sweet! who’s ready to Partay?
To get you ready to play the card game or just have fun re-living your Airness’ career. Have fun seeing Jordan in over 30 minutes of Nike Air Jordan commercials. Enjoy!
Jordan XX9 Preview
Here is a preview of the new Jordan XX9. I was wondering where the 29’s were when the February 2014 All-Star Game happened. Nike typically releases their newest Jordan in conjunction with the NBA ASG. I don’t know when these come out, but it’s now April, February was a bit back. I doubt we have to wait until Feb 2015?
I do really like the fact that the Jordan brand went back to naming the shoes with numbers. When they screwed up and made up a new name instead of number for the shoe, I just boycotted and didn’t buy them. I’m so glad they have gone back to 28 then 29. Next one will be 30 which undoubtedly will be a BIG release.
The huge highlights of the 29’s is they have the design woven directly into the shoe and boast a special plate on the sole that should help you explode into the air, easier and with more propulsion. Hearing Tinker Hatfield tell us this, isn’t quite as awesome as seeing Michael Jordan actually doing it. But maybe, these will really help you jump like an NBA Baller? I know when I wore my V’s back in the day I could jump higher because the Ad campaign told me I could. Now maybe, the shoe will actually help everyone jump higher. For me the placebo effect of knowing I could Be Like Mike worked perfectly well.
Because back in the 80’s It was the Shoes that made me jump so high! I believed it and I seriously came one quarter of an inch from hitting the rim in the Jordan 5’s. Most of the time I hit the middle of net, but that one summer I did come very close to a real D-U-N-K!
With the XX9’s, we’ll just need to wait and see and give them a try when they do come out. I like the Black, Big Orange Jumpman and Ice Blue sole colorway. The other, ahh not so much, looks like a retro 3 mixed with a Gen release. Wonder how they hold up in the rain? Will they finally come out with some wider widths? Will these help you jump higher? Will you cop em? LMK. See you on the Streetz, maybe the court and this weekend for sure at the Beach. Happy Easter!
These Kicks are Just not Right!
This is probably the first pair of Air Jordan’s I would not wear even if they were FREE! What’s going on here? The shoe on the left is in the Phoenix Suns colorway and the Pair on the Right is in the Seattle Supersonics colorway. The title of this release is the “Formidable Foes Pack”, meaning two teams that played the Bulls in the Play-Offs.
Me, being a Jordan Fan and a Bulls fan there is now way I would want to wear these. Who Would? Would you? And if they made these, where are the HATED Detroit Pistons colorway. That was the Bulls most “Formidable Foe” & the hardest to get past to get to the Bulls goals foe..fer sure.
Although, full disclosure on my end, I would Rock the Jordan 11 “Knicks” Colorway, but they are pretty expensive. My favorite colors are Orange and Blue together and the best place to watch a B-Ball Game int he entire world is Mad Square Garden. But Suns and Supersonics..I don’t think so. I wonder who is going to buy these? Not Bulls fans, and I bet the Sonics and Suns fans still dislike Mr. Air Jordan for messing up all their hopes and dreams. So, I don’t see them wearing them either.
Pretty strange colorways. At least for me.
And These Kicks are Alright!
On another Jordan note, check these all Red Air Jordan 3’s that JT has been rockin’ during the Legends of Summer Tour! According to Hip Hop wired he wears them and also gives them away at shows. That’s some major JUICE to have your own pair of kicks that you wear & giveaway to fans. I don’t even think you can buy em’ anywhere but Ebay. Now these are HOT!
What do you think of these releases? What are you wearing this Weekend? Me-I’m busting out my brand new All Patent leather luxe Black/Red McQueen’s. See you on the Streets of HI this weekend.