Category Archives: Fashion
Rick Owens SS23 Mens EDFU Thursday June 23 2022 Palais De Tokyo Avenue Du President Wilson. Paris, France
This show is more of a spectacle like going to a play, performance art installation or a movie. The clothes are slightly secondary. And Rick has always said he likes to make clothes he would wear. I highly doubt we will see him in anything on this Runway except the large boots and bad ass oversized sunglasses. Would be pretty funny to see him in anything other than black. And Bright Green Glossy pants or flimsy, flowing fish netting, I Kinda’ doubt it. But, just like Rick is looking at darkness in the world today, all I saw was bright colors. Yet, you can skip down to the bottom of the blog for some nice black clothes and kicks! YAH!
Rick continues on looking at a reality through the eyes of doom and gloom. Last show was apocalyptic this one he is irritated about the war and trifling arguments. So, instead of bringing us more low crotch black pants, oversized Nomad shirts, we receive bright Green and purple colors to help heal the world.
The Music is dope, the setting is spectacular, and the crane that drops fire balls is the biggest hit of the entire show. It drops fire bombs 3x just like the models trip the same amount at 3x through the show. It would have been fun to be there in person just to see the fireballs dropping from the crane into the picturesque languid waters.
- The Music: “Swooping, Grating, Unhinged Exclusive mix by EPROM and SHADS reflecting the Untethered, Wonky Current Climate” (Show notes)
- The Fireball Crane!
- The exquisite setting
- Kicks: They are hard to spot, but there are some special kicks coming our way in 2023
- Scarab colored jeans
- And YAH for the black colors on some of the clothes
- The flimsy flowing fish netting in red and green materials. Stuff You’d see in Ben Franklin
- The purple vest
- Bright yellow & bright pink
- And that bizarre red dress in that weird fish netting material. Yuk!
I think I was so freaked out by the bright green and chiffon reds, I missed all these blacks. Ooops, still no drop crotch pants. But Rick Owens fans will be happy to see their/our favorite color in the stores and on-line in 2023.
What are your Highlights and Lowlights of the Show? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Fendi Menswear Spring/Summer 2023. Streamed June 2022 from Roma, Italy
The Men’s show’s are coming at us all of a sudden, fast & furious. And pretty sure this is the first Fendi show we’ve ever reviewed. No reason, this one I just happened to see a on my IG live then re-watched it on YouTube.
Nice to see, there’s no play on post pandemic/post apocalyptic worlds. Instead, we have plenty of Nice festive colors, bold and plentiful logos, 3/4 length shorts that flow oh so perfectly, the color ORANGE, and some fun logo’d bucket hats & pants.
Let’s check out the Highlights and Lowlights:
- Black & Grey logo’d Fendi Bucket Hats and Pants
- The Floating Fendi F’s in the sky below the ceiling-Quite spectacular
- Orange! I’m a sucker for anything Orange and there’s a couple nice pieces in the show
- 70’s Leather Jacket
- 3/4 length perfectly flowing sweetly tailored shorts-One of may all time favorite pants. Just below the knee and kinda’ baggy. I could wear those every day.
- The infrared Liquid Sky beginning, gives the show a Bold, Colorful vibe even before the show started
- The Black and the orange Jacket/shirt. Those are a must cop
- The Music-Adds a nice Pop to the show
- Cut off jeans-Ugh will probably cost $800 or more. Just make your own. Pretty easy to make a #realfake on these
- Way too short shorts
- Vinyl brown Pants and the shimmering brownish gold pants
- Khaki’s-I believe khaki’s don’t belong in this world at all. And would never wear them, unless my boss made me
- And maybe a few of the bags-Possibly if I lived in Italy, they would look more stylish
See you on the streetz…of Italy this week! (June 2022)
Interesting how such a big brand ended up on the island of Oahu. I saw on their IG that they would be here one day before the runway show. Next I knew, they were here and did their show. Amazing how they can get the photos so crisp and clean. Suspect they used real cameras and not iPhones. It does show you what is possible.
Celebs in attendance and on Island in March 2022: Sza, Nicole Scherzinger, Jhene Aiko, Bretman Rock and Blackpink’s Jennie. Strange I haven’t seen anyone around town this week. Maybe they are staying on the North Shore?
Not gonna do Highlights and Lowlights for this show, will just show you the pix from the Show: Hopefully it will add some warmth and color to your world today.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga 360 Show Winter 22 Collection
Wowza! Demna is on fire and as cold as ice.
The Balenciaga show is set in a monochromatic cavernous area, maybe a hockey rink? With man made snow drenching each and every model as they try and traverse the complicated terrain. Inching ever closer to the promised land. Dressed in blacked out everything-shirt, jacket, pants, boots, cap and sunglasses. With the white snow, the blacks pop so ever nicely.
They have slick extra wet hair to match their surroundings as they push further into the exterior boundaries, fleeting through their snowy escape, to some-where and no-wear. Drawing on the past of Demna’s experience in the 1993 Russia x Georgia war, brings this show into the here and now with what is happening in Ukraine.
On a happier note, I can’t wait until we see people paying $1,500 for their own Balenciaga Garbage Bag. Be it in Black, White, Powder Blue..or I could even see a limited edition version done up with the yellow and black Balenciaga caution tape. Now, that would be a bag to have. And will make Balenciaga an even bigger bag filled to the brim with cashola!
To get the look on the cheap will be super easy, unlike other replicants that can take months to make, you just need some standard Hefty bags and some oversized sunglasses.
In a way I missed seeing what the crowd was wearing, but at the same time, it didn’t matter much with a show this extraordinary.
The show is brilliant, amazing, emotional, in the now, pure genius level idea and execution.
This is not just a show of clothes or a great setting in the snow. It’s a moving, emotional portrayal of what some are going through or witnessing in their worlds right now. (March 2022)
- The triple Blacked out black on black on black clothing and accessories
- Black and Yellow Balenciaga Caution Tape
- The setting and the music
- The man-made SNOW!
- The models method acting their walks..some off balance, some even looked a bit tipsy, wonder if anyone fell?
- The oversized sunglasses, chokers and earrings. Loud and Big, great to show off in
- Quadruple pocket shirts
- Bellowing black Goth Capes
- The Garbage bags: It will be fun to see who purchases their thousand dollar Kitchen bag
- The Frilly fringe textured pant suit
- Dangling western wear strands of materials
- Awkward over sized black boots. That snow is gonna go straight into them, making your feet very wet and cold
- The Garbage bags: Will people really carry these around? The answer is YES, they will and they will pay $1500 or more to do it. Hopefully they will add some gold Balenciaga garnishes to the finished product
Music: Like 3 chapters in a book or 3 phases of a speech, the music adds to the ambiance of the event. It’s an element that is needed to convey the message and vibe of the show full circle.
David Kadouch-Slavonic Dances in E Minor: Beautiful poignant classical music. Filling the senses with serenity and peace
BRFND-360: Some hard core techno to blast you out of your arm chair to take action in your life world and affairs.
BFRND-Storm: Slightly cheesy 90’s rave culture. Lets get to the promised land now to be happy. Or be happy now wherever you are, whatever you are doing. Its your mind that puts you into your emotion, not the outside circumstances. Be happy now wherever you are, even in the midst of chaos, war or a bad snow storm.
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future!
A show for the ages, ageless, past, present and future! What did you think of the show? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Stark and Dark Just the way we like Rick
January 20, 2022 #Parisfashionweek2022 #PFW22 #Rickowens
It’s nice to see that Rick’s clothing is back to mostly black again. Such a relief from all those colors over the last couple shows. The show has a Gothic bondage vibe with modern cuts and aesthetics. I am sure the show woulda been even better with some real Bau Haus, Rotersand and Siouxsie tunes mixed into the soundtrack. I’m tempted to make a new soundtrack for the show.
Haunting black silhouettes with exaggerated shoulder pads, draping that hits the floors, giant KISS boots and some kicks that look like they will be winners highlighted the show. Stark and Dark would capture the mood to a tee. Strobes added mystery and helped the 3M pop nicely.
- Back in Black
- Grey plaid
- 3M Jacket
- Black puffer with zipped up hood
- Extra long hoodie with the white writing on it
- Kiss boots
- Cool Kicks
- Disjointed clothing
- The feathery stuff
- Low dragging clothes. I keep thinking that slush will be all over them
- The Soundtrack
- Candlestick caps. But see the video below the fashion show, and see someone who could use the 2 candlesticks glowing in the night
- That shiny black cheap looking material with the squares on it. Not need for it
Here is somebody who could of used the Candlestick Cap. I bet the car would have seen her with the two prongs on her head.
What did you think of the show, let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Editors Note 1/21/22: So this is super strange, I found a newer video of the show with better HD quality of the clothes. And guess what? It’s not Bau Haus on the Soundtrack, but close enough!. Sisters of Mercy lend their voices of LIGHT to the STROBE runway Show. Gives the show an extra punch of suspenseful, eerie, Goth Glam. Enjoy!
Enjoy pix from the movie and the the premiere of House of Gucci 11/24/21
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Thursday November 18, 2021 Los Angeles,CA
|ONLY IN THEATERS NOVEMBER 24|
House of Gucci is inspired by the shocking true story of the family behind the Italian fashion empire. When Patrizia Reggiani (Lady Gaga), an outsider from humble beginnings, marries into the Gucci family, her unbridled ambition begins to unravel the family legacy and triggers a reckless spiral of betrayal, decadence, revenge, and ultimately…murder. Director: Ridley Scott Screenplay: Becky Johnston and Roberto Bentivegna Story: Becky Johnston Based on the Book: “The House of Gucci” by Sara Gay Forden Producers: Ridley Scott, p.g.a., Giannina Scott, p.g.a., Kevin J. Walsh, p.g.a., Mark Huffam, p.g.a.Executive Producers: Kevin Ulrich, Megan Ellison, Aidan Elliott, Marco Valerio Pugini, Aaron L. Gilbert, Jason
Rated R for language, some sexual content, and brief nudity and violence
Site | Facebook | Giphy | Instagram | TikTok | Twitter
House of Gucci stars: Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Salma Hayek, Jack Huston, Camille Cottin and Al Pacino.
What they wore to the LA premiere:
- Lady Gaga: High-End Sequin Gown-Valentino
- Al Pacino: Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello. Check out his kicks from the look I saw seems like they are sneakers!!
- Jared Leto: Gucci from the S/S Love Parade collection. At the LA premiere he wore the bright pink tux. Check out the Gold pants zipper, looks a little bit streetzblog inspired. He’s been showing up everywhere with major Gucci Heat! Fit on point
- Ashley Tisdale: Gucci all Night Long. Nice oversized Gold belt buckle on the black dress. Other than Jared my favorite look
- Rachel Zoe: Vibrant Yellow Dress by Gucci
- Vanessa Bryant: Gucci Cape & Gucci Mini Bag
- Yvonne Orji: Pink Pant Suit by Rebecca Vallance with Louboutin Heels
- Salt n Peppa: The very Stylish Giant Gold Gucci belt buckle
The bag I will be rocking to the Hawaii premiere of the House of Gucci
See you on the House of Gucci Streetz…blog!
MGM is doing a great job simplifying the overly wordy book. I remember trying to read it 2 or 3 times and every time I attempted it, There were just way too many unneeded words and lots of legalize. The actors look to be on their A+ game on this exciting thrill ride thru the House of Gucci. And look at all the Gucci branding on this new trailer. It will for sure sell a large amount of clothes, belts and shoes. Wonder if the stores will have branded store windows? Enjoy the trailer and Happy Halloween 2021.
See you on the Halloween Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Spring-Summer 2022. Clones collection.
This is a show that needs to be watched at least 5x to see the many bold and hidden meanings, musings, messaging and of course the clothing. Are the clothes on the models the clothes? Or maybe the collection is on the attendees all dressed in black. What is real? What is fake? Are those really Balenciaga bags with the Gucci pattern? So many different things going on. Its like a Where’s Waldo book for the fashionista. Take a look and see what you see? I suspect everyone sees something different.
Some things that caught my eye: The ode to the Matrix, Sisters of Mercy hairdo’s and shades, The llady who looks like a robot, That other lady in black that never moves, The iPhones swaying side to side in unison.
The world was opening, then it went a bit mad, now it’s time to stock up on supplies. Will we enter Mad Max Fury Road territory or can we hang on long enough to make it to promised land of Oz? Who knows what the world brings us in 2022. At least we can watch this a few more times to escape some of the things that may come our way.
As we always do on Runway shows, here are the Highlights and Lowlights of the show:
- Mirrored winged sunglasses with an ode to the lead singer of Sisters of Mercy
- The banging music
- The French prologue
- This is not a Gucci bag, it’s a Balanciaga that looks just like a Gucci bag
- The Simpsons hoodie (All sporting Balenciaga gear) Might want to pause it to see what they are wearing
- The Footlocker Balenciaga shopping bag.
- That black hoodie with Orange lettering. My favorite colors.
- 90’s updated exaggerated Cyber-Goth pants
- Oversized bathrobe dresses
- The oversized puffer look we continue to see on the Runway
- The sadness on some of the models faces
- Shirts tucked into pants. All stuffy looking. Yikes!
- The red upside down chandelier dress
- That frilly black thing dangling on the models foot
- The show was too short
Balenciaga Clones Collection:
Demna Gvasalia declared:
“It’s a deep fake of a fashion show,” “What we see online is not what it is. What’s real and what’s fake?”
But no one was “there” and no one is “real.” “It’s a show that never happened,” “But the clothes are real; they were made.
Info provided by vogue.com June 2021
The show notes from vogue.com let us know that they used all of these futuristic applications to make the Runway show:
Have you ever even heard of some of the words above? How did you like/dislike the show? Will you purchase a Balenciaga/Gucci bag? What was real what wasn’t? What will our world be like in 2022? Let us know in the comments below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!