Category Archives: Fashion
Fast & Furious F9 screeches to Theaters (soon)
The Fast and The Furious franchise continues with Fast & Furious 9 AKA F9 set to release in May 2021. Hopefully on the Big Screen. This set of movies is really only awesome when you watch it on the Big Movie Screen. Or you can watch the 4.5 hour F&F on TBS and not go to bed till 2am. LOL Actually not that funny, I’ve done it a couple times and had lots of trouble waking up for work the next day. And I have probably seen Fast & the Furious Tokyo Drift 12x. I like the music, vibe, fashion, style, cars, and of course the drifting. What’s your favorite F&F movie? Let us know in the comments section. (Author’s Note: I own a black Mitsubishi Lancer from watching the Fast and the Furious movie Franchise)
F9 is set in London, Georgia (hmm) and Thailand. Looks like a mix of F&F, Mission Impossible with a bit of James Bond mixed in. The star Power is pretty impressive: Vin Diesel, John Cena, The Rock, Jordana Brewster, Paul Walker, Tyrese, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, Charleze Theron, Kurt Russel, Eva Mendes, Lil’ Bow Wow, Even Lucas Black (NCIS) from Tokyo Drift is back!
AND from the looks of the trailer below, Sung Kang/Han Lue returns from the dead in F9. He’s one of the most fun characters, but I swear he died in Tokyo Drift, but keeps making appearances every couple of years. Last time, he made an appearance, I think they said it was a “prequel”. This time, who knows where he came from? Hope they just think we forgot and he’s just back IRL and not just a mirage, vision or nightmare of Dom’s. I like Han, he usually shows up just in time to provide some snacking levity, right when the movie gets too intense.
There’s even one rumor circulating on the net that Han’s body was taken by Eteon who used Highly advanced Cyber-Punk enhancements to transform him into a living, “breathing” import car driving, fighting machine. That doesn’t quite sound like the Han we know. We’ll just need to wait to find out how Han is back again when F9 comes out either on our TV or hopefully at the theater.
And for those who may have forgotten Letty passed away in Fast & Furious. She was awakened from her “death” in another movie with a bit of amnesia. You know, it might just be like the Batman and Spiderman movies. Time doesn’t really exist, it just morphs around. Let’s just hope that theaters can hang in there long enough for James Bond and F9. The movie theater is the only and best place to watch these two action packed, well-renowned franchises. BTW: The Matrix 4 brings back some people who we thought died, but the Matrix world is already rigged for time and space not to exist, it’s already in the 10th dimension of reality.
In the 1990’s on Lexington parallel to Broadway in Soho and Noho, existed a nice row of stores: Supreme, Triple Five Soul and XLarge. Back then, it was near impossible to catch a cab from Soho back to Mid-town. So, I’d find myself wandering in the near freezing December temperatures, in and out of these stores and others mostly for warmth. Little did I know that I should have been buying up inventory to sell in the lucrative Vintage clothing era of 2021.
I do still have one T from Triple Five Soul, I gave away my XLarge flannel, mainly cause it was too Big on me and I never bought any Supreme. I didn’t really felt safe in there back then. Maybe my age or was all in my imagination.
Get Fast, Get Furious with XLarge Hoodies and T’s
The Iconic Lexington Ave NYC store, XLarge, now in Japan, has teamed up with The Fast and the Furious for a 2021 collab collections of hoodies, pocket T’s and long sleeved shirts.
Here’s the listing of what you can expect from this collab:
- Dom Toretto/Vin Diesel in full race ready mode
- Suki from 2 Fast 2 Furious
- Twinkie/Lil Bow Wow and Sean Boswell/Lucas Black staring at the over the top bright green Hulk car
- Scene from Tokyo Drift a bit prior to Sean tearing apart Han’s car attempting to race the Drift Master
The Fast & the Furious x XLarge Collab drips and drops this Saturday (1/23/21) AT THE XLARGE stores in Japan and at the ZOZOTOWN on-line shop. Pix of clothing courtesy of XLarge Japan and Hypebeast
See you on the Streetz!
Balenciaga Spring Summer 2021 Paris Fashion Week (October 5, 2020)
The World feels a bit better now with this show. Slick, nice music, real streetz, Paris at Nuit. Aaaah, feeling good today. Check out the Balenciaga S/S 2021 Runway show and the Streetzblog Hi-Lights and Low-Lights below:
- The dark streetz
- The womens wear especially the silver dress and bright outfit and the slashed/ripped dress
- The silver phone case necklaces
- The Music. Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart. Sounds like it was remastered and a few extra beats added to the OG. Fits the vibe like a glove
- The Sunglasses. The Big Black versions!
- There’s a pair of shoes somewhere in here that has actual springs on them. Pro Tip: They are called the X-Pander, the latest and greatest street sneaks from Balenciaga.
- The Setting-Paris and the Eiffel Tower
- The Yellow E’s Good on Halloween Smiley Face T
- The crisp cool lighting and Electro vibe of the video
- Some of the guys clothes-looked too 1990’s and cut off jeans?
- No Masks
- Need a close up of the sneakers with the springs
- More Post Apocalyptic. Has the setting the music the vibe, but not the clothes
- Faded Jeans
- Bulky parkas and long trenches
Also, be sure to look over the credits at the end. Very detailed information about social distancing, sanitizing and even info on how the snacks and food was served and eaten.
Note for later: The Date on this show is October 5, 2020.
We are now really and Officially in the Blade Runner/Mad Max reality world. The FUTURE is NOT later, it is NOW.
See you on the Streetz!
IN JULY 2020, THERE ARE MANY NICE CLOTHES, BUT NO WHERE TO WEAR THEM!
Balmain Menswear F/W 2019-20
- Dope Sunglasses
- Can’t go wrong with Blacks, Greys and Whites
- Preppy Militant
- The Music Rocks especially Fury Weekend’s Industrialized Pink Floyd Tune
- Fits the vibe of the World in July 2020
- Inclusion + Diversity
- Horizontal stripes
- The Black pants with the thick White stripe down the side
- Elevated Dr. Who + John Lennon specs
- That Hoodie! You know the which one!!
- Specialty Slogans with meaning
- Olivier’s Haircut and Outfit
- The finale
- The Flapping Grey Belts and Gray Accoutrements
- The Funky Black material for the vampy Blade inspired looks. Seems too thin and a bit tacky
- Frilly, Textured, Flowery, Material
- Lack of Ability to Spot the Celebs in Attendance
Y-3 is the Only Brand You Need
Runway Show Paris Fashion Week March 2019
If I could choose only one brand it would be Y-3. It can be worn at an upscale event, brunch, a Sporting event, on the streetz or even for lounging around the crib on a Sunday afternoon. Usual colors are Black + White and even when other colors are positioned in, they tend to look pretty nice.
The clothes are always made with superior high quality. Every pair of Y-3 pants I own are sturdy, solid and clean. I can actually feel the high standard of tailorshp that goes into them, when I wear them.
Although they can run a tad big at times. I do own a piece or 2 that are a bit big. If you get a chance, try them on. Pro Tip: SSENSE tends to have the best on-line sales. And Bloomingdale’s is the place to go for selection, quantity and to try the goods on for your fit. You may need to size down 1-2 sizes dependent on the year the Y-3 clothes are from. For this show they did run a tad Big. You can also catch Y-3 on the Adidas site, where you will find a pretty decent array of clothing and All of this season’s shoes.
- Comfy Flow
- Fluid Clean
- Oversized Fun Flair Street
- Black + White Layering upon Layer
- The YOHJI Track Jacket & Tees
- Melange of Exotic Swirling Colors
- White on Black Adidas Stripes Poppin’ like some Jiffy Pop
- The Kicks
- The Music during the Show
- The Orange, Black, White, color blocked Track Suit and Jumper
- The Unfazed Attendees
See you on the Streetz…blog!
LEGACY with Anne Namba
Goodwill Goes Glam 2019
Goodwill Goes Glam is one of my favorite times of the year. Fashion show then shopping for deals. This year we celebrated 30 years of Island Fashion with Anne Namba. Then it was on to the shopping. Saw some people pick up some nice Louis this year. I didnt quite do as well as usual. Although I did score an autographed Miami Hurricane jersey. Which I will most likely give to a friend who digs that team.
The pictures for 2019 are more artsy than actual Fashion photography. Was testing out some new lenses and filters. I started with 300 and whittled them down to about 100. It’s kind of like watching a video with pictures. Hope you enjoy it and that you can feel the vibe of the show. You can see a couple of past years of Goodwill goes Glam 2017 HERE and 2018 HERE
This marks the 8th year of this annual event. Have a great day or night and see you on the Streetz…blog!
The Dancers kicked off the show with a Bang!
Some Selfies to get the crowd excited and enthused for the Runway Show
Anne Namba celebrating 30 Years of Island Fashion. Goodwill celebrates 60 years of serving Hawaii
All shots this year were taken with the Canon Rebel T7i Camera EOS 800D by the Streetzblog team
And the show continues with more fun filled models and exquisite clothing
Almost Time to SHOP!
Let’s Shop!! First the Shoes, second is the hand bags, next up Aloha Shirts, and finish at the Sports team area
And the hectic scene with lots of action from the Check-Out Area
Until next year, See you on the Streetz…blog!
Yohji Yamamoto Runway Show F/W 2020-21 Paris, France January 16, 2020
- 12 Shades of the Color Black
- Attention to detail
- Ease of Flow
- High Class Vagabond
- Distinguished Layers
- Luxe Life Avec Le Comfort
- Well Done
The Streetzblog Annual HOT list for NYC Shopping (As of 12.22.19)
As usual, this year was a whirlwind. Stayed up most nights till 4am. Slept till Noon or 2pm. Then headed back out on the town. Some of the list is similar to past years and some are new for December 2019. Been listing the HOT list almost every year since 2011. Check some of the older posts to see additional shopping tips, trends and things to do.
The 2019 Lit List
- Barneys: Madison Ave and 60th St. Uptown, NY. This was part sad and part awesome. If yo get a chance go to either the uptown or the downtown Barney’s. They are going out of business and prices drop daily. The day I was there it was 35% off everything with an additional 20% off taken at the register. Scored a pair of 424 Black and Orange Kicks and a pair of pretty expensive pants form Ovadia & Sons. Saw a guy get a $1,500 bomber jacket for $166. I was looking at it, but didn’t price check it, so if you go, ask them the price. *Sacks 5th will now tend to the Barney’s leftovers.
- Urban Necessities: Broadway and Houston Soho, NY. @twojskicks I see this place on my IG almost everyday in Hawaii, always looks like they are having fun and wearing awesome kicks, so needed to check it out. If you’ve seen any street wear or kicks on the internet or IRL, stop by this place and they are bound to have it. Tons of Yeezy Boosts, Rare Air and Jordan 1’s. With lots of fresh clothes from the likes of Travis Scott and Off-White. I asked for a certain Travis Scott T and within minutes they had my size in my hands. Great pricing too. It usually runs $130-$150. Got it for a flat $100 bucks with no tax. Pro Tip: If you buy clothes in NY, anything under $200 is not taxed. They do this to support the Fashion Industry. Make sure you get the deal on Clothes, it is available to everyone. Under $200 no tax, serious.
- 375 Showroom Sample Sale: 36 Ludlow down the street from Katz Deli. @375Showroom This is the real deal. Off-White, Heron Preston, 424, and Anti Social Social Club. They have it all. And many products brand new in the bag. Prices were around 60% off retail with some even better deals to be found. Quality of goods-A+. Not sure how long the store will be around, if it is, go there. If not, check 375 showroom on IG and make an appointment. They have the goods! My score was a ASSC Orange lettering on Black hoodie. I should of bought ALL my Christmas presents at this Sample Sale!
- SNKRFLEA: Broadway between Grand and Howard, near Canal Street Soho, NY. @SNKRFLEA Streetwear store with really nice folks running the shop. Hung out here for about an hour. The 2 owners/employees are super cool and know their stuff. Travis Scott, Off-White clothes and kicks. Reasonably priced. They had some Travis Scott Kicks at about $600. Same kicks you can see going for $1200 other places. Cool people, stop by and say Streetzblog sent ya.
- Cafe Grumpy: 89 42nd Street on Lexington Midtown, NY. Near/At Grand Central Station. Some of the best tasting coffee in the nation. Each time I went here, the coffee had a big full bodied flavor. Hard to explain, but it wasn’t watery, was always full and tasty. Get there early if you want their specialty of 2019-the Turmeric Coffee. They also have some cool merch & Matcha, Peach Nectar and Strawberry Lush. My favorite part of this place is they let you order however you like and they filled my expresso up to the top with Oat Milk. A streetzblog recommend with 5 stars!
- Canal Street Market: 265 Canal St. Canal Street off Broadway, Chinatown, near Soho, NY. Clothes + Jewels Pop-Up and food emporium. Some nice vintage clothing and jewelry options, interesting food and bubble tea, festive wi-fi/socializing area and free + clean bathrooms. And I had the best tasting coffee ever. It was a Maple Salted Latte. Was the best coffee I’ve ever tasted. I think it was the salt that made it rock!
- Dover Street Market: Lexington & 30th St. Midtown, NY. This has been on the Lit List for 5+ years. Been going here every year since they opened up shop. December is a great time to visit since most of the clothing and some shoes are 50% off. Go to every floor if you can. head to the top first, it’s where you may be able to pick up a sought after Supreme hoodie or shirt. Then make your way thru the various floors including the: GDG, Nike x DSM, Various High End Designer lables, down to the basement where the T’s are located. A MUST go to spot when in NYC. And yes, it is located in the middle of nowwhere on Lexington near 30th.
- WICKED-The Musical: 222 West 51st St at the Gershwin Theater. Broadway and 51st. The BEST experience ever. From Start to finish, Wicked will have you mesmerized. I scored some 3rd row seats day before the show. Nicely priced. Was one of the best shows, events, things I have ever seen.
9. Sacks Fifth Avenue: 611 5th Ave. Near 50th and Rockefeller Center Midtown, NY. Not only do they have the best window display in town, but December brings you their designer sale. This year, I scored Y-3. And make sure you check out their newely revamped shoe and sneaker area. It is HUGE! Time to Unwrap the savings!
10. Bloomingdale’s: Uptown and Downtown. Many more HOT brands than the Hawaii location. It’s not even the same store as in HI. So much more!
11. Uncle Pauls Pizza: 70 Vanderbilt near 45th Midtown, NY. In the city that never sleeps, the city seems to be going to bed earlier this year. Thus, you have Uncle Pauls Pizza open till at least 1am or later. Great food and open when lots of places around mid town are closed.
12. ETC Eatery: 20th East 46th Street Midtown, NY. Open 24/7 Monday thru Saturday. The freshest and sweetest Mango in the country. I had Mango almost every day this year. Also have all the necessities needed at 2am. Sandwiches, Pop, snacks, toothpaste. With many Deli’s disappearing due to high rent. ETC is still rockin’ it all day and night.
12. Madison Square Garden: 31st and 8th Ave or 4 Pennsylvania Avenue Midtown, NY. Love the energy here. Rangers or Knicks, either one is a nice experience. This year, I saw the Knicks play some team from Milwaukee. Even though they lost big time, it was fun. Spike Lee was especially upset this night, was fun to watch him in action. And in addition to shooting shirts upwards, they threw them down on the crowd, which was quite funny!! #Knicksmas #nykmsg
14. Meyers of Keswick: 634 Hudson. Near Greenwich St. and close to Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment Greenwich Village, NY. If you need anything from England, they have it here. I get the Christmas pudding and hard sauce. They also have Lion Bars, Smarties, Robinia, fresh meat pies, English Beans and much, much more. A little hard to find via mapquest. Well worth the trip. Can be crowded on the Weekends and close to the Bigger holidays.
15. Adidas Downtown: 610 Broadway near Houston Soho, NY. I like this store more than the uptown version. Lots of inventory. Different gear and goods than on the app or on-line. Sometimes you will get lucky and find some sold out deals too. friendly staff and located in prime Soho real estate location.
16. Nike NYC: 650 5th Avenue near 50th and 51st Streetz. Uptown, NY. This store is amazing. Last year, I customized some Jordan 1’s. This year, they had an interactive Kyrie Irving game. You entered the see through court, put on a pair of Kyrie’s Kicks in any size you need. Then dribbled a real ball on a real court to shoot a lay up or make a dunk. The store recorded the vid for you and then you could post it on Social Media. This store is a must see for anyone visiting or living in NYC. With that we end the Lit List for 2019. Mic is dropped!
17. Modell’s at Penn Plaza: 430 Seventh Ave. Midtown NY. A must visit after any game at MSG. I go every time I see a Knicks or Rangers game. It’s just fun to go inside especially if the team wins. Everyone is in post game jovial mood + and it’s an exciting social experience. In 2019, not only was it fun, but they had some what I would call BEYOND deals! Things you see on the internet for big bucks going for Super-Cool deals: $10 Majestic T’s and $25 various teams including Lakers, Knicks and Pelicans Hoodies. I scored a $100 Yankees Jersey made out of that nice Climalite material for a mere $25!! Best deal of the trip. And it doesn’t have some random player on the back. Totally classic, cool, comfy and will last a lifetime. SCORE!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Kim Jones Scores for Dior F/W 2019
Get ready to wear Dior in Fall/Winter 2019. Some really nice tailored, polished clothing along with kicks and bags that ooze with spectacle and style. The collection is futuristic just enough to coordinate well within the Dior Aesthetic. Very wearable from work to the Hi-end club.
Check out the Highlights, Lowlights, the short :30 video if you’re in a hurry and the longer Runway show. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. See you on the Streetz!
- Tailored + Polished with a bit of Punk
- Kim Jones Designed
- Dope cross body bags and backpacks
- Even more dope: Circular Duffel bag (And I’m much more of a shoes guy than a bag man).
- Shiny, comfy black Shoes
- Nice fabrics, mostly the wool’s and scuba inspired
- Punk Rock influenced Accouterments
- Blacks, Greys, + Browns
- Harness’ and plenty of pockets (Very on Trend)
- Long black bondage gloves
- Shiny wrinkly trouser fabrics
- Long whispery scarves (Yes the scarf is a hot item for 2019/2020, I’m just not too into them)
- Sweater material instead of T shirt fabric
- White, Taupe and Light Blue
Soundtrack: Remixed Daft Punk
Movement: Instead of walking down a runway, the models stood on a catwalk conveyor belt.
Dior Men’s F/W 2019/20 Runway Show
Dapper Dan’s the 2019 Man!
Over the last 5 week’s (May-June 2019) I’ve seen and heard about as much about Dapper Dan as I did back in the 90’s. He was on Project Runway, in a song on When they See Us, and GQ did a nice write up about him. I don’t know who his publicist is, whoever it is, knows what they are doing & does it well! He’s everywhere.
The video below sums up his BIO. Watch this historically rich Video to see his career from the beginning til Now:
Back in the day Dapper Dan made custom outfits for the Hip-Hop community, mostly in NYC. He used designer labels. Blew the logos up Big. Or painted the designs on leather to make custom Street wear. His favorites were Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Fendi. He always dressed impeccable with major Swagger. His clothes were worn by many super-stars including: LL Cool J, the Fat Boys, Salt-N-Pepa, Jam Master J, Mike Tyson, KRS-One, Floyd Mayweather and Big Daddy Kane.
Here are the places I’ve been seeing Dapper Dan as of lately:
May 5, 2019: Dapper Dan in GQ. Click here for article.
May 16, 2019: Dapper Dan on Bravo’s Project Runway. This came out late April. I spotted it on May 16.
June 15, 2019: When They See Us-4 part TV show on Netflix (June 2019) . Heard the Jay-Z song, U Don’t See Us “Wear a G on my chest, I don’t need Dapper Dan, this Ain’t a sewn outfit, holmes, holmes is about it”
Additional News on Dapper Dan, I found when looking for the Jay-Z Song’s title:
In 2017, Dapper Dan and Gucci partnered for a line of men’s wear. In 2018, they opened a new atelier on Lenox Avenue in partnership with Gucci, Dapper Dan of Harlem, the first luxury house fashion store in Harlem. Everything came full circle. From doing Knock Offs/Knock Ups to really working with Gucci. Congrats to Dapper Dan!
A book – Dapper Dan Made in Harlem: A Memoir is available for pre-order on Amazon. And a movie of the memoir is planned. See you on the Streetz!
2020 Color Trend Alert!
Ahh, so sweet to find a trend alert treat as easy as today. I was checking out the Y-3 site today (5/10/19) and they had a few pairs of kicks that had this cool light green color sprinkled in the shoes. See above for example. I’m thinking that looks like a nice color for Summer. Then within a few clicks I find this color mentioned on a blog and that WGSN calls it the color of 2020.
WGSN (Fashion Trend website) is typically pretty guarded with their color trends and want you to subscribe for a fee to access the good information. Thus, it can be somewhat of a challenge to find the Hip colors ahead of time. Well today, we have it! Neo-Mint!
*I almost bought a 2020 booklet in NY that let us know the upcoming trends, but it was $240! (And it was wrapped in plastic, so not sure what it had to say in it).
WGSN Color Director Jane Monnington Boddy let’s us know:
We have clients ranging from active-wear giants through to car companies and some of the world’s leading retailers. What is becoming clear is the importance of Neo Mint – a shade that succinctly aligns futuristic development with nature
WGSN also mentions:
From a fashion perspective, Neo mint embodies the drive towards tones that have gender-neutral appeal, which by 2020 will have moved on from the more feminine hues.
What do you think of Neo-Mint? Do you have any advanced notice of Hot Colors for 2020?
Let us know in the comments section or you can email me.
And just in time for the NEO Mint craze. What color do you think these shoes are? I see Grey and Teal/NEO Mint. Others see Pink and White. Similar to the Gold and White Dress game from a view years back, eh?
*Shoe picture at beginning of blog courtesy of Y-3’s main site’s shoe section. Info on Neo-Mint from a secret source that can be found somewhere, if you search long enough on the internet.