Fueled by Fluidity, Celebrity and Comfort
Written by Scott Mackenzie. Custom Clothing Designer since 1999. Style, Fashion, Kicks & Trend Blogger debut 2011.
Kim Jones brought the heat to the frigid Paris winter. Bellowing, fluid, ultra comfortable clothing awaiting Men and Women to float into them, pea-cocking or lounging at a nouveau-riche Ibizian Pool Party. So comfy are the clothes, one could be tempted to sleep in them on a cool Autumn night.
I’m a sucker for baggy over the knee shorts, so these are clothes I would wear. Baggy over the knee shorts are top 3 in my book, next to Jordans/Rick Owens Kicks and baggie hoodies/long sleeve T’s,
The show is a spectacle with languid models on the runway and the big screen. Along with a full orchestra and an emotional poem written by T.S Elliot just after WW1, voiced by Robert Pattinson and Gwedoline Christie. The show adds an ode to the iconic river Thames in London and the Seine in Paris. And some historic references in the clothing to the great Yves Saint Laurent.
The sublime heavenly fluid clothing is definitely the number one hit of the show in desert, beige, not quite white, slate grey and of course black. Skirts for men are in every Paris 2023 show I’ve seen, these are some of the better versions. They do look pretty comfortable, just hard to find a place to wear them. The dangling straps are also nice, yet almost seem a bit too 2019. Then there are a few oddities like the bright light blue items, The dense lacquered jackets and “Is that a life jacket” towards the end of the show? And let me know in the comments section if this is a Hit or a Miss-The “I know What You Did Last Summer” fisherman hats
- Ultra comfy clothing
- Languid Oversized over the knee silky resplendent pants
- the baggy black cargos
- Soft sublime Luxe-Life suit jackets in superb tailoring
- Great Grandpa/Baseball caps
- That bright light blue sweater
- American Psycho plastic yellow jackets and vests
- the Dense Brown and Beige lacquered jackets
- Bucket hats…so many try so hard to make them look good
- Maybe the purses, but I do know that’s what is in right now
CELEBRITIES IN ATTENDANCE:
Members of BTS-J-Hope & Jimin
THE WASTE LAND BY T.S ELLIOT READ BY:
Robert Pattinson (Twilight & Batman)
Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones)
*Video courtesy of Dior on YouTube. Pix are taken via screen shots of the video with some editing and filters added by author using iPhone 12 Pro max.
Blogging on the Streetz…blog since 2011!
Into the Out we Go
DSQUARED2 Spring/Summer 2022 Men’s and Women’s Runway Show-September 26, 2022
DSQUARED2 brings the HEAT to Spring/Summer 2022. The Clothes, the setting and the music all provided an entertaining event. But Dang! Tonight I missed sewing class. Worked on a WORK project from 5p-8p. I never miss sewing class, that is sacred time for me. Takes me forever to complete a project and missing a week throws me all off base. I bring up class because I know how hard it is to make those custom patch Jeans and cargo’s. It’s probably worth your $700-$1200 that they may charge for them. A lot of work goes into that fit
I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Up-Beat, Fun, Driving the show Forward, with some interesting intrinsic hidden meanings that matched the clothes. If you hear it a few times, you may notice it. Very nice music! The show gives us a vibe from the 1990’s Club Kid Era with modern cuts and colors appropriate for the “hopeful” Post Pandemic world we should be in Spring/Summer 2022
The show brought joy and fun to the Runway. Some dope pants for both Men and Women, all three, the cargo’s, jeans and the sliced and diced chrome collection. Oversized green camo with bright Orange Linings-A never miss duo. That’s in my top 10 for sure. The black boots with white laces and the overall vibe of the show was very positive and entertaining from start to finish. I may cut my air like the Asian man model. And did that shirt really say Boy Bitch on it!! LOL BTW: Not sure what the song is called, here is the info on who provided it @adrianoalboni But as of 9/29/21 there are no posts on his IG site. A great time for him to get noticed, but I guess he wants to stay UG (Underground) If any one knows the name of the tune, please let us know in the comments section below
As per usual, we watch the show, then do the Highlights and the Lowlights. Here they are for the DSQAURED2 S/S 2022 show:
- Green Camo with bright Orange Linings
- the Music My favorite part of the show
- Black Combat boots with white laces
- Ripped Chrome Mens and Womens pants. Especially the Bronze colorway
- Greenish Blue cargos. Not exactly sure of the color but I’d rock them
- the Graffiti
- Patch Jeans and Patch cargos
- White Cargos with black stripe
- the Club Kid Crown
- Butterfly wings on the guys
- Shorts just about 2.2 inches too short
- they walked way to fast for my brain to catch up with the clothes
- the Club Kid Crown…yep it made both categories. Kinda nice Ode to Michael Alig (RIP) and the NYC Club kids, but also looked a bit flimsy and it’s always been too dorky for my taste
And if you want to see how far DSQUARED2 has traveled and progressed, see the F/W 2012-13 show below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Dark Defined Elegance
Givenchy Fall Winter 2021/22
Sleek set, pulse pounding soundtrack, Laser Lights and Lots of Black colored clothes. This is my kind of Runway Show! Dark, Defined, Elegance from start till finish. Check out the Givenchy show below as they take you on a little trip into the deep, dark, cauldrons of precise, distinct, crisp French tailoring. Any show with this much black is a winner in my book. The soundtrack and light show exude elegance of the Rich and Famous. Kinda like a James Bond Spy movie told in 10 minutes via hot models and slick, dark, perfectly placed, layers of clothing. With some great accoutrements Like the Giant Gold chain and the fun triple back packs and spot on make-up and hair styling.
I would dig going to the after-party of this show. Then heading over to Hotel Costes for a night cap or two. Of course wearing my black double hoodie, tailored black trousers, with the giant Gold chain and the triple back pack filled with enough gear to stay out till the sun comes up.
Here are the Highlights and Low Lights of Givenchy
- The Vibe
- The techno music and laser light show. Nice build up adding on layers as the video progresses
- Lots of Black colored High-End tailored clothes
- The Double Hoody look
- The Triple bag back-pack
- Black on black on black. Loving the layers
- Vibrant oversized Giant gold chain
- That grey skin tight sheathe dress
- Any show with puddles is a winner. And black puddles even better!
- The silver flasks worn as Necklaces. Nothing says Lets Party like a flask flinging around a Hot Models neck
- The Color brown. High-End French Luxury clothing should never be brown. The blacks, whites and a tad of taboo red do the trick quite nicely
- Some of that over the top bulky fur
- The fuzzy fur Mittens. Uhm?
- Main dislike is incorporating the knitted head-wear especially the creepy king crowns. Not even sure how they fit in to the HIgh-End tailored, dark, edgy, Spy Vibe. Could have used ultra High-End flat billed snapbacks. Maybe in black sleek satin or soft calfskin. Black logo on Black caps
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Don’t Ya Wantanabe Some Pockets
Save some space for my clothes
Junya Watanabe SS 2019 Paris, France. June 22, 2018
It’s all about places to put your Keys, cards, and phones. So many Fanny Packs, Storage Vests, Sling Bags, Man Sacks, Power Purses & many multiple pocket pieces
Here’s one of my favorite Workwear looks. Check the Zip Pockets on Jacket. Cargo pocket pants
Some pretty nice back-end Camo pockets
See you on the Streetz!