Rick Owens SS23 Mens EDFU Thursday June 23 2022Palais De Tokyo Avenue Du President Wilson. Paris, France
This show is more of a spectacle like going to a play, performance art installation or a movie. The clothes are slightly secondary. And Rick has always said he likes to make clothes he would wear. I highly doubt we will see him in anything on this Runway except the large boots and bad ass oversized sunglasses. Would be pretty funny to see him in anything other than black. And Bright Green Glossy pants or flimsy, flowing fish netting, I Kinda’ doubt it. But, just like Rick is looking at the worst in the world, all I saw was bright colors, skip down to the bottom of the blog for some nice black clothes and kicks! YAH!
Rick continues on looking at a reality through the eyes of doom and gloom. Last show was apocalyptic this one he is irritated about the war and trifling arguments. So, instead of bringing us more low crotch black pants, oversized Nomad shirts, we receive bright Green and purple colors to help heal the world.
The Music is dope, the setting is spectacular, and the crane that drops fire balls has to be the biggest HIT of the entire show. It drops fire bombs 3x just like the models trip the same amount at 3x through the show. It would have been fun to be there in person just to see the fireballs dropping from the crane into the picturesque languid waters.
- The Music: “Swooping, Grating, Unhinged Exclusive mix by EPROM and SHADS reflecting the Untethered, Wonky Current Climate” (Show notes)
- The Fireball Crane!
- The exquisite setting
- Kicks: They are hard to spot, but there are some special kicks coming our way in 2023
- Scarab colored Jeans
- And YAH for the black colors on some of the clothes
- The flimsy flowing fish nettiing in red and green materials. Stuff You’d see in Ben Franklin
- The Purple Vest
- Bright Yellow Bright Pink
- And that bizzare red dress in that wierd fish netting material. Yuk!
I think I was so freaked out by the bright green and chifon reds, i missed all these blacks. Ooops, still no drop crotch pants. But Rick Owens fans will be happy to see their/our favorite color in the stores and on-line in 2023.
What are your Highlights and Lowlights of the Show? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!
Fendi Menswear Spring/Summer 2023. Streamed June 2022 from Roma, Italy
The Men’s show’s are coming at us all of a sudden, fast & furious. And pretty sure this is the first Fendi show we’ve ever reviewed. No reason, this one I just happened to see a on my IG live then re-watched it on YouTube.
Nice to see, there’s no play on post pandemic/post apocalyptic worlds. Instead, we have plenty of Nice festive colors, bold and plentiful logos, 3/4 length shorts that flow oh so perfectly, the color ORANGE, and some fun logo’d bucket hats & pants.
Let’s check out the Highlights and Lowlights:
- Black & Grey logo’d Fendi Bucket Hats and Pants
- The Floating Fendi F’s in the sky below the ceiling-Quite spectacular
- Orange! I’m a sucker for anything Orange and there’s a couple nice pieces in the show
- 70’s Leather Jacket
- 3/4 length perfectly flowing sweetly tailored shorts-One of may all time favorite pants. Just below the knee and kinda’ baggy. I could wear those every day.
- The infrared Liquid Sky beginning, gives the show a Bold, Colorful vibe even before the show started
- The Black and the orange Jacket/shirt. Those are a must cop
- The Music-Adds a nice Pop to the show
- Cut off jeans-Ugh will probably cost $800 or more. Just make your own. Pretty easy to make a #realfake on these
- Way too short shorts
- Vinyl brown Pants and the shimmering brownish gold pants
- Khaki’s-I believe khaki’s don’t belong in this world at all. And would never wear them, unless my boss made me
- And maybe a few of the bags-Possibly if I lived in Italy, they would look more stylish
See you on the streetz…of Italy this week! (June 2022)
It’s 20 degrees outside, all the heat is on the inside being worn by some of the best athletes in the World. Let’s see which fashion houses came out for this years Opening Ceremony.
Prelude: Stunning computer and real life graphics that look Ultra 4k crisp and clear even on my TV. My TV looks like a TV on display at Costco! Unbelievable. Next up, Fabulous, Luminescent florescent green extra long glow stix. A crackling of fireworks. And the festivities have begun.
Pretty large crowd, yet not sold out. Majority are wearing KN95 and N95 masks.
Rushing river blasts from sky onto the floor of the giant stadium. The Floor is now a Huge 3D LED graphic area. Computer generated ice block emerges on to the flat service. Lasers, Techno and brightly colored futuristic graphics now fill my screen. Some very advanced computer graphics that look unbelievably stunning. The Ice melts revealing the 5 rings which float into the indoor heavens. The floor to the stadium becomes a giant stage. Let the games begin!!
Australia, Mexico, South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games! Those were the best Opening Ceremony unis if you’re into street wear or fashion in general. From Camo to Skulls to Intricate Squiggly lines, they are the clear cut favorites for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games!
- Greece: Dark Blue on Light Blue. 4F branded gear
- Turkey: White jackets with Black pants and caps. Nice graphic on the backs of the jackets
- Malaysia: Army Green parkas. Kinda’ digging the look.
- Jamaica: Puma branded dark green parkas with Flo-Green pants
- Belgium: Bright red jackets. with some weird stripes on the shoulders. Yuk.
- Japan: Red on red with white pants. No creativity this year
- Chinese Taipei: Standard Red White and Blue gear
- Hong Kong: Bright white parkas
- Denmark: Red puffers white pants white hats. Mask game on point with the red and white flag imagery
- Ukraine: Now those are some nice jackets. Colorful orange and blue geometric patterned. Very nice. I think they are ACG? They showed Putan sitting alone in the stands-looks like he may have jet lag?
- Brazil: Peak gear, fairly boring
- Pakistan: One athlete. 238 Million people live there. Must be pretty HOT outside
- Israel: Blue on Blue on Blue with a bit of white
- Luxembourg: Dark Blue and light blue over sized long puffers
- Belarus: A bit of style points with matching hats and scarves
- India: More thick red puffer jackets
- Note: The LED floor is very spectacular. Crisp cool colors w/ 3D imagery. Pretty amazing!
- Canada: Dark red puffers, which seem to be layer upon layers of puffer. They will be toasty warm. Some ultra puffy scarves with Canada embossed on them, look different + interesting. Effort was put into their stylish attire. Lululemon
- Spain: 8 patches on darkly colored jackets
- Iran: Interesting green and red patterns on top white. Interesting
- Hungary: Mint green hats and gloves. White jackets with red and green trim
- Iceland: Never won a medal on ice. Very normal clothing.
- Finland: Ahh a new color. They are all decked out in sleek two toned grey jackets with specialized white buttons. Grey sweats for the guys and grey pleated skirts for the ladies. Glad to see something different
- Italy: Green, white and Red Cape designed by Giorgio Armani
- Note: The music sounds like something people listened to in the 1950s. Classical and big band. Not very hip. *We are not in London that’s for sure
- Latvia: 4F brand. Long white puffers. Look like doctors ready to go to work with the the scalpel
- Great Britain: Flag/Union Jack sweaters. Some somewhat hip jackets with hoods. Not as good as past years. Ben Sherman
- Romania: Peak gear. Red spring jackets, they are going to be C-O-L-D
- Russia/ROC: Ombre colored Puffers that go from Grey to light blue with squiggly black lines. Someone put some effort into these jackets. A stand-out fashion piece of this years games. The best effort so far for sure
- France: Blue White and Red in a different formation of color. Nice tri-colored hoods. Looking French!
- Poland: White on white on white with the word Polska on their backs in red
- Bosnia: Bright blue and black jackets with some dope 3m trip that pops nicely
- Yep music is old and weird. they are now playing the Long Ranger theme song
- Norway: Long white puffers in white. Seems to be the theme of this years games. Long puffers
- Kazakhstan: Holding their scarves above their heads like they are protesting something. Heard that gas prices are quite high there, maybe that’s why?
- USA: Red White and blue. Mismatched jackets. Looks like Polo. Weird thing is people are wearing different clothes. Not the same as each other. So not sure what is up here. They seem to be disjointed and have the biggest flag out of everyone at the games so far. Polo/Ralph Lauren. Look for additional gear from Spyder, Kith, Skims and even Volcom!
- American Samoa: Oiled man body. No jacket, this guy must be COLD
- Music update: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
- Netherlands: I’m a sucker for Orange and blue. So I like their bright Fila puffers. The orange is nice and bright just as I like it
- Where is the China Team? I’m getting a little tired. Its 3am and I have work at 9am. But we are for sure LIVE this year. The Batman movie commercial looks really good. I may need to check it out
- Czech Republic: Long white jackets again. this time with some e patterned stripes. Nice effort, but just looks a bit off
- Slovenia: White jackets with florescent green mittens. Fun!
- Lindsey Vonn is on telling us its a hard decision to walk in the OC. Whatever. The athletes are like 22 years old. I’m sure they love it. and it’s not going to mess with their performance. OMG. To be 20-30 years old, there should be zero complaining about doing things. We used to go out till 4am and make it to work by 9am. And never missed a beat.
- South Korea: Aaaah. I like these puffers. White with lots of black squiggly lines. They have the best jackets for street wear. And black pants Winners! Jackets designed by the North Face with inspo from the Taebaek mountains
- Chile: Boring. Looks a tad 80’s. no effort put into this
- Austria: Look like they look every year
- Switzerland: Almost all in red with a thick white stripe down the middle of their chest. Lots and lots of flags
- Sweden: Dark blue light blue withe bright yellow accents
- New Zealand: Looks like they are wearing fur?
- Mexico: Wow! They are wearing white puffers with Big black skulls on them. Wow! Just Wow! I may need to get one of these jackets. The stand out for street and half-pipe riders worldwide. I could see skateboarders in these jackets too. Nice! Glad I stayed awake for these!!
- Germany: Black jackets, pops of fluorescent Yellow and a tad of red
- Australia: Ok some HEAT. Dark green and light green camo puffer jackets with bright yellow trim. I like it!!! A for sure would wear jacket. Designed by Karbon. Australia and Mexico and South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games!
- China: Very classy. Exquisite actually Nice modern yet classic yellow graphic on thier usual red colored jackets. Looks High End Classy. I like it
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Pantone has declared the color of 2022 as Very Peri. It’s a fusion of purple/violet with a tad of blue
Virgil Abloh’s has been using it In the latest Louis collections. Lady Gaga flaunted the exquisite Very Peri ball gown for one of the House of Gucci premieres. It looks like it’s Ariana Grandes favorite color and even Sarah Jessica Parker is getting into the color sheen
You’ll be seeing even more of the color on the Streetz since Pantone has declared it the Go to color for 2022. I’m getting a free and festive vibe from it. Let’s all do our best to make 2022s vibe of the world match the hue of the year. Party like it’s 1999 or 1976 or maybe even 2042
See you on the magical 2022 Streetz swirling in sweet colorful cotton candy, loud Techno, a tad of drum and bass, a couple teletubbies and unicorns in matching jumpsuits in Very Peri
MGM is doing a great job simplifying the overly wordy book. I remember trying to read it 2 or 3 times and every time I attempted it, There were just way too many unneeded words and lots of legalize. The actors look to be on their A+ game on this exciting thrill ride thru the House of Gucci. And look at all the Gucci branding on this new trailer. It will for sure sell a large amount of clothes, belts and shoes. Wonder if the stores will have branded store windows? Enjoy the trailer and Happy Halloween 2021.
See you on the Halloween Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga seems to pick one look each year for pure publicity. One year it was the duo shirt ($1,290), which had a T-shirt sewn behind a dress shirt, for the F/W2018 collection it was the iconic 7 layer jacket ($9,000). You can see them above/below or here on the Streetzblog. This year, it’s the grey sweat pants with the red plaid boxer briefs along the waistline. *Ya know the only time I saw someone wear the duo shirt, they had the plaid shirt on with the T-shirt dangling on the back. The model wears it with the T shirt and the long sleeve dropping up front. Interesting.
Unlike the duo shirt and the multi-layered jacket which both poked fun and helped Balenciago go viral. This year, the pants are not only going a bit viral, but come with controversy. “Sagging” as they call it, is not allowed in some states and lots of schools. Some of the the Twitter/IG conversation is claiming the pants racist, others are using the word Gentrified Sagging and many are just enjoying the goofiness of the pants.
The sweats are part of the F/W 2021 collection with the name: Trompe-L’Oeil Sweatpants. And of course, the price is a bit high at $1,190.
I’m thinking, the pants would have looked better with ripped Jeans and the boxers. The grey sweats are pretty old school.
What do you think? I suspect if the talk continues, the pants will either sell out quickly or be pulled off the site. Maybe, Just put em in the back of the closet with the duo shirt and the 7 layer jacket. As Creative Director of Balenciaga-Demna Gvasalia continues to laugh his way to the bank with massive amounts of money.
Demna and Virgil have the world hooked on whatever they create.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Spring-Summer 2022. Clones collection.
This is a show that needs to be watched at least 5x to see the many hidden and blatant meanings, musings, messaging and of course the clothing. Are the clothes on the models the clothes? Or maybe the collection is on the attendees all dressed in black. What is real? What is fake? Are those really Balenciaga bags with the Gucci pattern? So many different things going on. Its like a Where’s Waldo book for the fashionista. Take a look and see what you see? I suspect everyone sees something different.
The Matrix, Sisters of Mercy hairdo’s and shades, That one lady who looks like a robot, That other lady in black that never moves, The iPhones swaying side to side in unison. What do you see? Let us know in the comments section.
The world was opening, then it went a bit mad, now it’s time to stock up on supplies. Will we enter Mad Max Fury Road territory or can we hang on long enough to make it to promised land of Oz? Who knows what the world brings us in 2022. At least we can watch this a few more times to escape some of the things that may come our way.
As we always do on Runway shows, here are the Highlights and Lowlights of the show:
- Mirrored winged sunglasses with an ode to the lead singer of Sisters of Mercy
- The banging music
- The French prologue
- This is not a Gucci bag, it’s a Balanciaga that looks just like a Gucci bag
- The Simpsons hoodie (All sporting Balenciaga gear) Might want to pause it to see what they are wearing
- The Footlocker Balenciaga shopping bag. It’s probably $800 or more.
- That black hoodie with Orange lettering. My favorite colors.
- 90’s updated exaggerated Cyber-Goth pants
- Oversized bathrobe dresses
- That oversized puffer look we continue to see on the Runway
- The sadness on some of the models faces
- Shirts tucked into pants. All stuffy looking. Yikes!
- The red upside down chandelier dress
- That frilly black thing dangling on the models foot
- The show was too short
Balenciaga Clones Collection:
Demna Gvasalia declared:
“It’s a deep fake of a fashion show,” “What we see online is not what it is. What’s real and what’s fake?”
But no one was “there” and no one is “real.” “It’s a show that never happened,” “But the clothes are real; they were made.
Info provided by vogue.com June 2021
The show notes from vogue.com let us know that they used all of these futuristic applications to make the Runway show:
Have you ever even heard of some of the words above? How did you like/dislike the show? Will you purchase a Balenciaga/Gucci bag? What did you see that the Streetzblog missed? Favorite look? What was real what wasn’t? What will our world be like in 2022? Let us know in the comments below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
House of Gucci-Trailer. Movie releases in November 2021
Power Packed with superstars: Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Salma Hayek and Al Pacino
Wow! Check out the transformations of the actors. Especially Adam Driver and Jared Leto. Talk about doing it Method. Looks like November can’t get here quick enough. Is that really Jared Leto? OMG!
See the trailer below and let us know who you think is the most outlandish of the group? Who’s got that style on point? The Most Glamorous? Or who transformed the most? Use the comments section or click on the Insta-Poll. See you at the movies!
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Balenciaga Haute Couture F/W 2021-22 July 7, 2021
Balenciaga at 10 Avenue Georges V
The Major hype surrounding this show was who attending it and what were they wearing! Especially what was Kanye up to? He had on that funky YZYGAP round puffer jacket in the color black-the same one that was on sale for a few hundred bucks in bright sky blue a few weeks ago. It looked a bit better in black, but still has no zipper or buttons to keep you warm. Then he had his entire face covered with a mask. And to top it off, he wore Adidas Yeezy’s (Foam RNNR’s) with NIKE socks, totally freaking out most snearkerheads. Also in attendance were: James Harden who is now on the board at Saks 5th Avenue. Lil Baby. And a few others listed below.
- Kanye West
- James Harden
- Lil Baby
- Anna Wintour
- Bella Hadid
- Lewis Hamilton-Formula One Driver
Here’s two vids of the celebs arriving. Giving you a feel of the hype surrounding this special Balenciaga Couture Runway Show. Kanye West made a very impressive entrance.
Lil Baby and James Harden had a bit of a run-in with the Paris police a bit later in the night after the show. Something about some funky smells in and around their town car. They seem to be doing alright now.
This was the first Balenciaga Haute Couture Show since 1967. Talk about pressure for the former co-founder of Vetements – Demna Gvasalia. Who took the helm of Creative Director in 2015 succeeding Alexander Wang.
I’m not sure how the show could reach expectations set at such a high level, 50+ years since the last couture show of an amazing brand with such a high pedigree of excellence. Luckily the the success of the Balenciaga sock runner and Triple S sneakers, along with many of the NBA rocking the Balenciaga brand across their chest, made this show right in time with the times. A perfect storm moment to bring back Couture at Balanciaga.
As you’ll notice, some of it is quite wearable and some mostly for the show and art of the day. Especially those domed mushroom hats. They are quite extravagant, but unless you’re going to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, very unwearable.
There is NO music in the Runway show, an ode to the 1950’s + 60’s when Cristobal Balanciaga wanted the clothes to do the talking, walking and rocking. In 2021 it gave us an eerie/scary vibe, some coughs and weird crunching of the clothing. I would have MUCH preferred a Techno + Lounge + a bit of Industrial dance soundtrack. Maybe next time? One could hope!
The clothes featured giant, exaggerated tailoring. Oversized Suits and Bathrobes. Extra Wide shoulders. Faux Fur. Precise and obscure cuts of clothing. Along with a multitude of slicked hair, Coolio cornrows, Tom Cruise eye masks and a sleek black mushroom shaped chapeau pour votre tete.
Could have had more black outfits. But Demna likes his bright yellows, pinks and greens. There’s a bit of underground Vetements humor in the collection, but a bit more classic Balanciaga. Although the long + elongated black suits are probable a bit more Vetements. They are cut nice, but wearing one of those suits to a dinner event would make it hard to eat without getting sauce on your clothes. And some cuts too large and obtruce, they reminded me a bit of a child wearing their moms or dads shoes or clothes.
Having the Kanye hype helped and all in all quite: Fierce and French. A Gothic Paradise, not quite, maybe a Haute Couture version of a Goth in Paris? It was quite an endeavor to take on and do as well as was done. A grande tribute to the past and present it was. Enjoy with a couple bottles of Veuve Clicquot and some macarons and you’ll be good to go!
Demna Gvasalia summed up the day with this quote:
We cannot only look into the future. We have to look into the past to see where we’re going,” he said. “Clothes have a psychological impact on me. I realized they make me happy—and I realized that’s the purpose of fashion. It’s not about the frenzy and buzz—and the white noise, I call it, of the digital mayhem we’re living through. The essence of it is my passion and the tools. I realized that couture is the best way to manifest it. And this is what really turns me on.”Demna Gvasalia
See Rotersand’s OG Gothic Paradise video prepared by Sniper Wells below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!