Category Archives: #RealFake
Fendi Menswear Spring/Summer 2023. Streamed June 2022 from Roma, Italy
The Men’s show’s are coming at us all of a sudden, fast & furious. And pretty sure this is the first Fendi show we’ve ever reviewed. No reason, this one I just happened to see a on my IG live then re-watched it on YouTube.
Nice to see, there’s no play on post pandemic/post apocalyptic worlds. Instead, we have plenty of Nice festive colors, bold and plentiful logos, 3/4 length shorts that flow oh so perfectly, the color ORANGE, and some fun logo’d bucket hats & pants.
Let’s check out the Highlights and Lowlights:
- Black & Grey logo’d Fendi Bucket Hats and Pants
- The Floating Fendi F’s in the sky below the ceiling-Quite spectacular
- Orange! I’m a sucker for anything Orange and there’s a couple nice pieces in the show
- 70’s Leather Jacket
- 3/4 length perfectly flowing sweetly tailored shorts-One of may all time favorite pants. Just below the knee and kinda’ baggy. I could wear those every day.
- The infrared Liquid Sky beginning, gives the show a Bold, Colorful vibe even before the show started
- The Black and the orange Jacket/shirt. Those are a must cop
- The Music-Adds a nice Pop to the show
- Cut off jeans-Ugh will probably cost $800 or more. Just make your own. Pretty easy to make a #realfake on these
- Way too short shorts
- Vinyl brown Pants and the shimmering brownish gold pants
- Khaki’s-I believe khaki’s don’t belong in this world at all. And would never wear them, unless my boss made me
- And maybe a few of the bags-Possibly if I lived in Italy, they would look more stylish
See you on the streetz…of Italy this week! (June 2022)
#Realfake time again
This is pretty funny. The internet is trying to show you how to create the $1,090 Balenciaga Defender sneaker on the cheap. They suggest that you get a bike tire and glue it to a pair of ASICS. I know from practice, its hard enough to get the sole of a Jordan to re-stick even with Gorilla or Super glue. So, good luck with this. And if you can walk without twisting an ankle be sure to let us know in the comments section. What do you think of this #realfake DIY project?
See you on the Streetz…
Gucci Gucci Fake No!
We are getting very near to the premiere of House of Gucci. As we get closer, more and more becomes available to the media. Check out this clip below. Gucci goes there, yep. They delve into the #fakesnotreal history of their bags and belts. Way back in the 80’s. Fakes have come a long way since the 1980’s and are a prevalent theme on the Streetzblog. Check out this heated exchange between two of the main characters. It’s deliciously perfect!
Adam Driver: “As far as Fakes go, they are pretty good..I’d buy them”
Lady Gaga: “This is Serious…Our Name Sweet Pea…on JUNK”
House of Gucci in theaters 11/24/21. See you on the House of Gucci.. Streetz!
Balenciaga Spring-Summer 2022. Clones collection.
This is a show that needs to be watched at least 5x to see the many hidden and blatant meanings, musings, messaging and of course the clothing. Are the clothes on the models the clothes? Or maybe the collection is on the attendees all dressed in black. What is real? What is fake? Are those really Balenciaga bags with the Gucci pattern? So many different things going on. Its like a Where’s Waldo book for the fashionista. Take a look and see what you see? I suspect everyone sees something different.
The Matrix, Sisters of Mercy hairdo’s and shades, That one lady who looks like a robot, That other lady in black that never moves, The iPhones swaying side to side in unison. What do you see? Let us know in the comments section.
The world was opening, then it went a bit mad, now it’s time to stock up on supplies. Will we enter Mad Max Fury Road territory or can we hang on long enough to make it to promised land of Oz? Who knows what the world brings us in 2022. At least we can watch this a few more times to escape some of the things that may come our way.
As we always do on Runway shows, here are the Highlights and Lowlights of the show:
- Mirrored winged sunglasses with an ode to the lead singer of Sisters of Mercy
- The banging music
- The French prologue
- This is not a Gucci bag, it’s a Balanciaga that looks just like a Gucci bag
- The Simpsons hoodie (All sporting Balenciaga gear) Might want to pause it to see what they are wearing
- The Footlocker Balenciaga shopping bag. It’s probably $800 or more.
- That black hoodie with Orange lettering. My favorite colors.
- 90’s updated exaggerated Cyber-Goth pants
- Oversized bathrobe dresses
- That oversized puffer look we continue to see on the Runway
- The sadness on some of the models faces
- Shirts tucked into pants. All stuffy looking. Yikes!
- The red upside down chandelier dress
- That frilly black thing dangling on the models foot
- The show was too short
Balenciaga Clones Collection:
Demna Gvasalia declared:
“It’s a deep fake of a fashion show,” “What we see online is not what it is. What’s real and what’s fake?”
But no one was “there” and no one is “real.” “It’s a show that never happened,” “But the clothes are real; they were made.
Info provided by vogue.com June 2021
The show notes from vogue.com let us know that they used all of these futuristic applications to make the Runway show:
Have you ever even heard of some of the words above? How did you like/dislike the show? Will you purchase a Balenciaga/Gucci bag? What did you see that the Streetzblog missed? Favorite look? What was real what wasn’t? What will our world be like in 2022? Let us know in the comments below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Gucci Fake Not Collection
#RealFake #FakeReal is one of my favorite subjects to blog about. This time around its Gucci doing their version on the Real Fake World of fashion. They have a fake Gucci logo with the duo colored stripe as seen in the 80’s. But that’s not the highlight as far as I can see. Its the Blatant, Bold wording on the bags and clothing that is the fun in this collection.
Side one has the word FAKE and on the other Side is the word NOT. Garments, T’s, Windbreakers have it too. But of course, it’s the Bags that everyone wants. I for sure would have tons of fun slinging one of these #RealNotFake bags around town. For now, here is the link to the goods. Might sell out quick, so hurry if you want some Fake Nots. Here’s a few pix from the Gucci Fake Not Collection:
And here’s some #Realfake bags I picked up on the NYC mid-town streetz in December 2019. I’ve been meaning to spray paint them with Flo orange and Flo pink, haven’t gotten around to it yet. But I did spray paint my wall a bit. Probably wasn’t my best moment during Covid-2020. But, I guess that’s just how we roll sometimes.
If you want to see more on the Real fake world check out some additional blog posts about this theme:
See you on the Holiday Street…blog!