Balenciaga Spring-Summer 2022. Clones collection.
This is a show that needs to be watched at least 5x to see the many bold and hidden meanings, musings, messaging and of course the clothing. Are the clothes on the models the clothes? Or maybe the collection is on the attendees all dressed in black. What is real? What is fake? Are those really Balenciaga bags with the Gucci pattern? So many different things going on. Its like a Where’s Waldo book for the fashionista. Take a look and see what you see? I suspect everyone sees something different.
Some things that caught my eye: The ode to the Matrix, Sisters of Mercy hairdo’s and shades, The llady who looks like a robot, That other lady in black that never moves, The iPhones swaying side to side in unison.
The world was opening, then it went a bit mad, now it’s time to stock up on supplies. Will we enter Mad Max Fury Road territory or can we hang on long enough to make it to promised land of Oz? Who knows what the world brings us in 2022. At least we can watch this a few more times to escape some of the things that may come our way.
As we always do on Runway shows, here are the Highlights and Lowlights of the show:
- Mirrored winged sunglasses with an ode to the lead singer of Sisters of Mercy
- The banging music
- The French prologue
- This is not a Gucci bag, it’s a Balanciaga that looks just like a Gucci bag
- The Simpsons hoodie (All sporting Balenciaga gear) Might want to pause it to see what they are wearing
- The Footlocker Balenciaga shopping bag.
- That black hoodie with Orange lettering. My favorite colors.
- 90’s updated exaggerated Cyber-Goth pants
- Oversized bathrobe dresses
- The oversized puffer look we continue to see on the Runway
- The sadness on some of the models faces
- Shirts tucked into pants. All stuffy looking. Yikes!
- The red upside down chandelier dress
- That frilly black thing dangling on the models foot
- The show was too short
Balenciaga Clones Collection:
Demna Gvasalia declared:
“It’s a deep fake of a fashion show,” “What we see online is not what it is. What’s real and what’s fake?”
But no one was “there” and no one is “real.” “It’s a show that never happened,” “But the clothes are real; they were made.
Info provided by vogue.com June 2021
The show notes from vogue.com let us know that they used all of these futuristic applications to make the Runway show:
Have you ever even heard of some of the words above? How did you like/dislike the show? Will you purchase a Balenciaga/Gucci bag? What was real what wasn’t? What will our world be like in 2022? Let us know in the comments below:
See you on the Streetz…blog!