It’s 20 degrees outside, all the heat is on the inside being worn by some of the best athletes in the World. Let’s see which fashion houses came out for this years Opening Ceremony.
Prelude: Stunning computer and real life graphics that look Ultra 4k crisp and clear even on my TV. My TV looks like a TV on display at Costco! Unbelievable. Next up, Fabulous, Luminescent florescent green extra long glow stix. A crackling of fireworks. And the festivities have begun.
Pretty large crowd, yet not sold out. Majority are wearing KN95 and N95 masks.
Rushing river blasts from sky onto the floor of the giant stadium. The Floor is now a Huge 3D LED graphic area. Computer generated ice block emerges on to the flat service. Lasers, Techno and brightly colored futuristic graphics now fill my screen. Some very advanced computer graphics that look unbelievably stunning. The Ice melts revealing the 5 rings which float into the indoor heavens. The floor to the stadium becomes a giant stage. Let the games begin!!
Australia, Mexico, South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games! Those were the best Opening Ceremony unis if you’re into street wear or fashion in general. From Camo to Skulls to Intricate Squiggly lines, they are the clear cut favorites for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games!
- Greece: Dark Blue on Light Blue. 4F branded gear
- Turkey: White jackets with Black pants and caps. Nice graphic on the backs of the jackets
- Malaysia: Army Green parkas. Kinda’ digging the look.
- Jamaica: Puma branded dark green parkas with Flo-Green pants
- Belgium: Bright red jackets. with some weird stripes on the shoulders. Yuk.
- Japan: Red on red with white pants. No creativity this year
- Chinese Taipei: Standard Red White and Blue gear
- Hong Kong: Bright white parkas
- Denmark: Red puffers white pants white hats. Mask game on point with the red and white flag imagery
- Ukraine: Now those are some nice jackets. Colorful orange and blue geometric patterned. Very nice. I think they are ACG? They showed Putan sitting alone in the stands-looks like he may have jet lag?
- Brazil: Peak gear, fairly boring
- Pakistan: One athlete. 238 Million people live there. Must be pretty HOT outside
- Israel: Blue on Blue on Blue with a bit of white
- Luxembourg: Dark Blue and light blue over sized long puffers
- Belarus: A bit of style points with matching hats and scarves
- India: More thick red puffer jackets
- Note: The LED floor is very spectacular. Crisp cool colors w/ 3D imagery. Pretty amazing!
- Canada: Dark red puffers, which seem to be layer upon layers of puffer. They will be toasty warm. Some ultra puffy scarves with Canada embossed on them, look different + interesting. Effort was put into their stylish attire. Lululemon
- Spain: 8 patches on darkly colored jackets
- Iran: Interesting green and red patterns on top white. Interesting
- Hungary: Mint green hats and gloves. White jackets with red and green trim
- Iceland: Never won a medal on ice. Very normal clothing.
- Finland: Ahh a new color. They are all decked out in sleek two toned grey jackets with specialized white buttons. Grey sweats for the guys and grey pleated skirts for the ladies. Glad to see something different
- Italy: Green, white and Red Cape designed by Giorgio Armani
- Note: The music sounds like something people listened to in the 1950s. Classical and big band. Not very hip. *We are not in London that’s for sure
- Latvia: 4F brand. Long white puffers. Look like doctors ready to go to work with the the scalpel
- Great Britain: Flag/Union Jack sweaters. Some somewhat hip jackets with hoods. Not as good as past years. Ben Sherman
- Romania: Peak gear. Red spring jackets, they are going to be C-O-L-D
- Russia/ROC: Ombre colored Puffers that go from Grey to light blue with squiggly black lines. Someone put some effort into these jackets. A stand-out fashion piece of this years games. The best effort so far for sure
- France: Blue White and Red in a different formation of color. Nice tri-colored hoods. Looking French!
- Poland: White on white on white with the word Polska on their backs in red
- Bosnia: Bright blue and black jackets with some dope 3m trip that pops nicely
- Yep music is old and weird. they are now playing the Long Ranger theme song
- Norway: Long white puffers in white. Seems to be the theme of this years games. Long puffers
- Kazakhstan: Holding their scarves above their heads like they are protesting something. Heard that gas prices are quite high there, maybe that’s why?
- USA: Red White and blue. Mismatched jackets. Looks like Polo. Weird thing is people are wearing different clothes. Not the same as each other. So not sure what is up here. They seem to be disjointed and have the biggest flag out of everyone at the games so far. Polo/Ralph Lauren. Look for additional gear from Spyder, Kith, Skims and even Volcom!
- American Samoa: Oiled man body. No jacket, this guy must be COLD
- Music update: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
- Netherlands: I’m a sucker for Orange and blue. So I like their bright Fila puffers. The orange is nice and bright just as I like it
- Where is the China Team? I’m getting a little tired. Its 3am and I have work at 9am. But we are for sure LIVE this year. The Batman movie commercial looks really good. I may need to check it out
- Czech Republic: Long white jackets again. this time with some e patterned stripes. Nice effort, but just looks a bit off
- Slovenia: White jackets with florescent green mittens. Fun!
- Lindsey Vonn is on telling us its a hard decision to walk in the OC. Whatever. The athletes are like 22 years old. I’m sure they love it. and it’s not going to mess with their performance. OMG. To be 20-30 years old, there should be zero complaining about doing things. We used to go out till 4am and make it to work by 9am. And never missed a beat.
- South Korea: Aaaah. I like these puffers. White with lots of black squiggly lines. They have the best jackets for street wear. And black pants Winners! Jackets designed by the North Face with inspo from the Taebaek mountains
- Chile: Boring. Looks a tad 80’s. no effort put into this
- Austria: Look like they look every year
- Switzerland: Almost all in red with a thick white stripe down the middle of their chest. Lots and lots of flags
- Sweden: Dark blue light blue withe bright yellow accents
- New Zealand: Looks like they are wearing fur?
- Mexico: Wow! They are wearing white puffers with Big black skulls on them. Wow! Just Wow! I may need to get one of these jackets. The stand out for street and half-pipe riders worldwide. I could see skateboarders in these jackets too. Nice! Glad I stayed awake for these!!
- Germany: Black jackets, pops of fluorescent Yellow and a tad of red
- Australia: Ok some HEAT. Dark green and light green camo puffer jackets with bright yellow trim. I like it!!! A for sure would wear jacket. Designed by Karbon. Australia and Mexico and South Korea and Russia brought the HEAT to this years games!
- China: Very classy. Exquisite actually Nice modern yet classic yellow graphic on thier usual red colored jackets. Looks High End Classy. I like it
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Posted on February 4, 2022, in clothing, Olympics and tagged 2022 Olympics, China, clothing, Designers, Go for the Gold, opening Ceremony, Streetzblog, Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony, World Wide Fashion. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment