Category Archives: Olympics
Tokyo Olympics XXX11 Tokyo, Japan 7/23/21
Been looking forward to Live blogging the Opening Ceremony since the last Olympics. Will catch as many teams as I can and show you what they’re wearing, a bit of editorial and some info on who designed which team.
Time for the Live Blog NOW!
TOP HIGHLIGHTS. JAPANESE SINGER MISIA DRESSED IN A BRIGHT RAINBOW COLORED DRESS BY TOMO KOIZUMI. TONGA’S TONGA PITA TAUTATAFUA ALL OILED UP. AND ITALY’S PAC-MAN MEGA MEME CLOTHING.
- GREECE: Two athletes. Nice shimmery pleated skirt. Plain blue suit on the man.
- IOC REFUGE TEAM: Boring-Corporate blue suits with blue ties and white masks. At least you could see their eyes smiling through their masks with joy. (11 different nations)
- Iceland: Wore their track suits to the ceremony. Had Hi-Tech masks ans some popping hair cuts. But tracksuits to a World-Wide Fashion show?
- Ireland: More sweat suits. Forest Green on top and blue on the bottoms. Look like they wanted to hook up their sponsor-Adidas during the Ceremony. The tops were actually kinda nice.
- Azerbaijan: Nice streetwear type side stripes on pants. With matching stripe on the suits. Kinda a bit disheveled like they already had their tailgate experience prior to the walk. LOL
- Afghanistan: Plain blue suits, white shirts and red ties and matching pocket square.
- United Arab Emirates: White on white on white.
- Algeria: Tailored dark blue suits with blue and white custom basks. Nice haircuts.
- Argentina: Well so far, we either have blue suits or tracksuits. They are stoked to be there! Here’s another team with blue blazers, white shirts and white pants. So far, pretty underwhelming for the fashionista.
- Aruba: Pretty fancy custom green and blue blazers with matching hats.
- BEFORE WE GO ON TO THE NEXT, I JUST NOTICED THEY ARE CALLING THIS THE 2020 OLYMPICS. Not sure what is up with that. It’s 2021. I guess a bizarre covid filled 2020-21 comes with the territory
- Armenia: More tracksuits. White zippered tops and blue baggy bottoms
- Angola: Look a bit like a classic doll purchased from the tourist store. Sorry bout that. W apologize ahead of time. But those big oversized ruffles on the shoulders. Fashion Police Alert.
- Antiqua and Barbuda: All their shirts were mismatched. Dark blue suiting with colorful striped ties.
- Andorra: 2 people just dressed in their own clothes. I think.
- Japanese Cheerleaders: Went for it. black and white fronts. Yellow backs and yellow hats. looks like they had fun designing these culture specific pieces of clothing. They are featured throughout the parade
- Yeman: Red track tops and blue track pants. Pretty basic. Man, are they moving fast now. Hard to keep up. And hey, why does Y come after the A’s?
- Israel: Hight tech tops, white pants and shorts. The best masks yet.
- Italy: Giorgio Armani designed white, red and green uni’s. Many on twitter saying its an ode to Pac-Man. “Eating up the competition” Definitely made a statement. Untypical Giorgio Armani, possible Armani Exchange influenced. Well, same person does it all. I suspect someone youthful or with a youthful spirit did these designs. One of the stand outs for sure. Oh, and nice Kicks. Tri-Colored. Wouldn’t mind getting a pair of them.
- Iraq: Tan pants. Adidas track jackets. Look a little lost?
- Iran: Classic cultural attire. Cheap disposable masks?!?!
- India: The ladies have: Pants with skirts on top. Men have nice Nehru jackets that are pretty dope with bold classic expensive looking Gold buttons.
- Indonesia: White suits with bright red shirts. red and white masks to match
- Uganda: a bit too much going on
- Ukraine: Sporty. High-Tech tops. Light blue shorts. The bright yellow fanny packs are a nice touch. When worn around the neck not the waist.
- Uzbekistan: Interesting green and white jackets. White shirts, pants and white sox.
- Uruguay: Ok, I’m running low on fumes now. With more track suits. Seems to be the theme for this year
- Great Britain: Ahhh. They upped the game on the tracksuit. I’m liking the red and white pinstripes on the jacket sleeves. If you’re gonna go track suit here’s how it’s done. Matching belts too. Mostly blue masks with one lady wearing 2-3 odd masks
- U.S Virgin Islands: BBI 50 meter free. One person I think. Went by really quickly
- They’re going too fast now. And so much negativity from the announcers and jocks about how there arent anyone there to watch them. Too much complaining. We will keep it as positive as we can going forward. But…
- Netherlands: Nice pin striped with orange suit jackets. I’d rock these
- Ghana: Signing, happy and proud to be there.
- Cape Verde:
- Kazakhstan: More blue suits. But some nice bold white stripes.
- Qatar: White on white on white.
- Canada: Bright red Satin jackets..hmm interesting.
- Gabon: Plain track jackets and pants. Once again more Adidas. Wonder where Nike is at?
- Cameroon: Colorful. Funny brown bags
- North Macedonia:
- Cyprus: There’s Nike. Bright blue Polo shirts. Boring.
- Cuba: Nice jackets, should make it a suit. the pants are silly
- Kiribati: Blue shorts and blue T shirts with pink flowers. hmmm
- Kyrgystan: Pretty slick looking long Nehru jackets with classy patterns on top. I like these. Cool hats too. Very Exquisite. The announcer said they Turned it Out..which they did. Ranks top 3 so far.
- Guatemala: Khaki pants (ugh) and blue jackets white hats
- Guam: Aloha shirts and black pants. Look like they work for Hawaiian Airlines.
- Kuwait: White on white on white again.
- Cook Islands: Fun attire. nice patterns. Fancy hats. Shell Lei. Earrings. They had fun putting together their clothing
- Grenada: Track suits with fluorescent flair. Colorful masks
- Croatia: Red dresses like towels? strangely cut. Nice attempt. Almost, just not quite right
- Cayman Islands: Their own clothes
- Kenya: Ok so here’s some FLAIR. Plaid dresses and shirts in bright red and blue. I like these uniforms. Nicely Done!
- Cote D’Ivoire: Cool greens and oranges. Nice color-way for the show + for some kicks
- Costa Rica: Militaristic jackets white pants, pinstripe button down shirts
- Kosovo: More track suits
- Comoros: Robes in gold
- Saudi Arabia: Aah this is the Japanese alphabet, that’s why things seem out of order. Yet they are in order in Japan.
- Sao tome and Pricipe: Flow Green. Not sure where this is. I think I heard the announcer say he didn’t know either..
- Zambia: Green and Orange. Go nice together.
- San Marino: Suits
- Russia or Roc: Men: Suits. Women: Rad Robes with a bit of Japanese flair
- Sierra Leone: Blue and green leaf jackets. Matching masks that are very nice
- Jamaica: Puma in the house. Look like they are here to win track and field. No messing around. Eye of the Tiger/Winner.
- Georgia: Oversized jackets. Interesting look
- Syria: Only 6 people. Grey pants. Polo shirts.
- Singapore: Khaki pants (ugh again) blue ties, blue masks, red blazers. I do not like Khaki pants, here, nor there, or anywhere. Save them for the State Farm Commercials.
- Switzerland: Muted red dirt. Interesting color-way
- Sweden: Women: Yellow on Yellow on Yellow. Men are blue on blue on blue
- Sudan: Traditional clothing
- Spain: Not sure what to say? Cropped white jackets
- Sri Lanka: Blue skirts on men and women
- Slovenia: Luka’s team. Went by too fast to see what they were wearing
- Seychelles: Aloha wear
- Senegal: Bright blue. White scarfs. Disposable masks
- Serbia: Pretty sporty. Big cute stripes
- Saint Vincent: Tie-Dye. Wow
- Saint Lucia: A lot going on
- Somalia: Contrasting prints. Kinda cool
- Solomon Islands: Very very nice aloha wear. Dark blue and bright Green. Nice job
- Thailand: Greyish suit tops
- South Korea: Muted Moss Green blazers are quite nice. Great color scheme. I would wear these jackets. Should have gone with matching pants, drop crotch to add some more style points. Had the same old White pants as so many others. With white masks and hats to match.
- Chinese Taipei: Went by too fast
- Tanzania: 3 dressed in their own clothes
- Czech Republic: Polka Dot vests. more white pants. Matching fans. Plain white masks
- Chad: 2 Judo athletes
- China:Red Blazers. Red and yellow masks. Got their mask game on! Some flowery skirts that look on point
- Tunisia: Announcer talking a lot of politics. Ugh. Blue suits.
- Chile: Well this is more than I thought. I may or may not last til the end.
- Denmark: I didn’t see them
- Germany: Adidas tech vests. Now this is different.
- Togo: Bright bright yellow pants
- Dominican Rep: Look a bit like USA in the 1920s
- Turkmenistan: Bright Green jackets. Pants are very modern. I like the pants
- Turkey: White on white with bold red trip and their shoes look petty keen. Red and white.
- Tonga: Show stopper. Flag bearing Oiled man. Takes the show. Gotta be the show stopper for these games.
- Nigeria: Ok? boring
- I’m almost done. computer is slowing down too
- Niger: Hard to see they are interviewing Lilly King and can barely see the clothes
- Nepal: Maroon jackets. White shirts.
- Norway: Look like they are from Norway. Some very sunburned
- Bahrain: Traditional and a bit of Gold Bling. Wonder if it’s real?
- USA: Ralph Lauren Keeps it OG with traditional Navy pants and jacket. Horizontal Striped shirt and custom face masks. I bet this is RLs last Olympics. Gonna Be Off White or Louis V next time around. USA looks very dated and corporate like they didn’t want to try something fun or festive. They are patriotic.
- Papua New Guinea:
- Bermuda: Dope pink Bermuda shorts with matching masks. Good job
- Paraguay: Festive fun stylish shirts. Look hand painted. Great look and on trend
- Hungary: Not really sure they cut them off for a commercia
- Finland: Boring
- Puerto Rico: Red White and blue. A bit Old School
- Brazil: Aloha wear. Seems to be a theme this year.
- Burkina Faso: Nice stripes
- American Samoa: Polynesian wear. Looks High level designer brand
- Virgin Islands:
- Vietnam: Grey pants. Some very nice sleek slick red material for their jackets.
- Benin: Colorful pink aqua and blue
- Belarus: Flight attendants. Oh well
- Belize: Khaki AGAIN! Argh
- Belgium: Wow they went all out on the womens clothign. Bright red with Tokyo written on them. a tad of Steet-vibe
- Poland: Not sure what to think
- Bolivia: Looks like Tommy Hilfiger
- Portugal: They are quite excited. Nice Kicks! actually very nice kicks.
- Hong Kong: Like US going normcore
- Marshall Islands:
- Mali: Chic Bold Robes
- Malaysia: Colorful
- Micronesia: Flight attendants x Aloha Wear
- South Africa: Eclectic Aloha Wear with matching masks
- South Sudan:
- Mauritius: Cropped blue suits. Generica disposable masks
- Mozambique: Trippy pants
- Monaco: Corporate look like Monaco
- Morocco: Ready to rock it out on Christmas
- Mongolia: Interlocutor gold patterns
- Jordan: Expensive looking
- Latvia: Silver metallic. interesting. with grey masks. And some sort of plastic Jacket?
- Romania: Team Romania printed on high tech shirts. Looks a bit 1980s x 2021
- Luxembourg: The best metallic silver jackets of the event. The metallic blasted all the colors of the rainbow
Kenya was top 3. And their Kits are Just as Dope. I’m digging the 3D effect! Might need to cheer for this team.. Or get a jersey if its possible?
See you on the Streetz!
Summer Olympics 2016
The Gear Michael Phelps Is Wearing
In 2012, Michael Phelps wore the Sol Republic headphones. Streetzblog chronicled Phelp’s headphones in the games. As they went from obscure, to letting us know the brand to the brand being covered up the last few days. It was the most hit upon page in the history of this blog. This year, doesn’t look like we will duplicate the traffic to the site, since Michael now wears gear from 80% of his own brand-MP. But figured we’d at least follow-up on what he’s sporting in this year’s games.
*His headphones are once again stirring up some excitement. Pretty funny, since you’d think the Olympic committee would have learned their lesson from 2012. But nope. Phelps is still giving major props to an un sponsored brand. See below for the deets.
Since the London games in 2012, Michael is no longer wearing the Sol Republic Headphones. He’s Rockin’ the Beats By Dre-Solo2 Wireless headphones. Beats are not an official Olympic sanctioned sponsor, so he had a couple stickers on the ear area. on the walk to the pool and in the prelims you could still see the Beats logo along the top of his head. It was very easy to read when he tilted his head. And pretty much everyone knows what Beats look like nowadays. I bet they sell more than a few pairs this week!
Interesting Update: When it came to the finals of the 4×100 meter relay. The top portion had been blackened out. I was getting ready to get a picture of the Beats on top of the head band and it was gone. Blackened out by either a sharpie or black paint.
Phelps is either using an iPhone or an iPod to listen to music wirelessly. Prior to swimming he takes his Apple device out of his pocket a few times to turn up the volume or change the tunes. I know for sure he listens to Eminem. And the New York Times reported that he also listens to Young Jeezy and Eric Church.
MP/Michael Phelps XPRESSO Suit. Of course, MP gets his for free. But I did see 1 of the higher grade versions of the quarter length Red, White and Blue trunks for $345!
MP/Michael Phelps x Aquasphere XCEED Goggles. There are some new Titanium versions of these babies that I’m tempted to buy. If MP wheres them they have to work well and he’s quoted as saying they are the best goggles he’s ever worn. $29-$54 available here.
MP/Michael Phelps X-O Swim Cap is most likely worn underneath. The silicone caps are all branded by each swimmers prefered brand. Like Arena, Mizuno, Speedo, TYR and MP. In Michael Phelps case, he of course rocks the MP Navy USA Swim Cap.
Professional swimmers wear 2 caps. The first on the head is made of latex which fits better, the outer cap is silicone which cuts the drag, helping you swim faster.
They also wear 2 caps in case they lose 1 of them. Which would cause crazy drag especially with someone with longer hair, making them swim slower. And the main reason to wear the 2 caps is to secure the goggles in place better. I still have nightmares of swimming in Jr High and my goggles would fly off my head when I dove in the pool. Very hard to see after that happens!
Some swimmers put the first cap on, then the goggles, then the 2nd cap. Phelps in Rio 2016 puts his XCEED Titanium goggles on 1st then the softer, crunchier latex cap, then adds the slick, sleek and slippery silicone cap.
Phelp’s wears custom Under Armour Architech and Slingshot Sneakers on the way to the pool in the 2016 Olympics. The Architech is 3-D printed, the insole has a print of his son Boomer’s foot print on the left foot and an MP logo on the right shoe. The SpeedFrom Slingshot shoe has the word boomer printed in gold and the footprint on the outer medial area.
There are only a few pairs of MP’s custom shoes for the swimmer himself, but you can get a pair of similar Limited Edition Red, White and Blue SpeedForm Slingshots here for $120.
The Architech are on the left and the SpeedForm SlingShots are on the right. Photo courtesy of the UA Brand.
Baseball Hat and Backpack (Walking towards the Swimming Arena)
Under Armour Branded curved brim Navy baseball hat. Even though Dad caps and curved brim hats are in with the 20 somethings. I’d still like to see Phelp’s wear a flat brim snapback. Would give him less of a trying to hard to be on trend and more of a nice ol’ school street vibe. On the way to the Swim Arena, He also had a black or Dark blue Under Armour totally fully packed back-back. Looked like he has everything for the swim meet and after party all in ONE bag!
In the Swims leading up to the Olympics. Phelps wore a really nice street credible camo hoodie made by Under Armour. It was actually quite nice. I don’t need any warm weather gear out here in HI, but was tempted to look for it on-line.
At the 2016 Rio Olympics he wears the official Arena branded Navy Team USA jacket.
These funky looking circles on his back come from a form of recuperation entitled cupping. Cups are suctioned on to the skin, then pulled off. Increasing blood flow and aid in recuperating from intense training. Some say it’s better than massages or is used in conjunction with other remedies. The U.S Swim and Gymnastic teams both use cupping to help alleviate aches and pains.
That sums up the gear that helps Michael Phelps be the best he can be. I know when I used to where my Jordan 4s, they made me jump higher. Maybe some of this gear can help you or me swim Faster. See you in the Streetz, or possibly the swimming pool. (For more 2016 Phelps Fun, check out the hashtag #PhelpsFace).
If you like Puffy, you’d like These looks
I like to talk positive in 95% of my blog posts. And in this one, I wouldn’t say I’m being Negative. I just think the looks shown at the Opening Ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics in general were pretty awkward and waaaay to Puffy. Maybe, the designs were made more for warmth than style. But with all the money everyone has, Why not make one look for the Ceremony, then have another look for the pre and post events?
With this post, I didn’t do any research on who the designers were or didn’t even look at any other blogs or news sites. The opinions listed below are from my own Fashionista view of what my impression of this year’s looks were like. Some were good, but most were not that stylish from my view-point. My number one favorite was the Netherlands. What did you think of the looks? Let me know in the comments section.
*Sorry if I missed your country, this is the second time I’ve done a Live blog to the opening Ceremony and it’s a bit overwhelming to keep up.
Bermuda: Red Short pants! Suit Jackets, Ties, White button down shirts, Long dark socks and black business man shoes. Did I say Short pants? Guess they were Bermuda Shorts. Too Funny.
Bulgaria: Pretty styling looking ski jackets in bright blue flashy yellow with fashionably fierce furry hoods.
Brazil: Bright Yellow Shirts. Funny looking thick bulky scarves tied in awkward knots. Not one of my favorite looks.
Great Britain: Dark Blue Slick looking puffy down jackets with burgundy hoods. The best look so far. Something I would and could actually wear. (Adidas)
Venezuela: Extremely Enthused One guy in multi colored garb.
Germany: Yellow, Green, Light Blue Jackets, with red pants. They looked like some kind of cartoon character, I guess maybe multi colored smurfs? Don’t know who designed these uniforms, but Whoa, must have been someone who went to too many Love Parades! Pretty daring look, just way too bright and cartoonish for my taste.
Israel: Just some bright, light blue and white ski clothes. Not quite daring enough.
Ireland: Kind of a New Balance version of horizontal Camo? Nice Green color with Horizontal colors interwoven throughout. The most Street look as of yet.
Italy: Usually a pretty Stylish country. This attempt was close with the dark blue and white striping. But the coats were too bulky to show off the style correctly. Must be really cold this year in Italy.
Canada: Very conservative. Looked like Canadian Mounty’s/Firemen. Classic Red and Black Canadian Colors.
Kyrgyzstan: Looked like they were wearing hand-made hats made of Newspaper. Ooops.
China: Once again, way too much bulk in the down jackets. Made them look “stuffed” instead of fit. I’d keep these coats for the post game warm down. And have another look for the Opening Ceremony.
Lithuania: Flourescent Green puffy jackets. with bright yellow pants. hats and scarves with the same bright colors.
Liechtenstein: Fairly interesting attempt at Pop-Art. In Red, Blue, White, just looked a bit too done already, in the 80’s.
Mexico: Dark blue or black with white trim. Looked just like that movie Tron. If they turned off the lights you would just see silhouettes with white lines. Interesting.
Netherlands: I usually like this team, since Blue and Orange are my two favorite colors together. And this year they didn’t fail me. Nice, Thin not puffy dark blue down jackets with awesome bright Orange accents and interiors. A really nice look. something I would Rock on the streetz of New York and probably Chicago.
USA: Where’s Waldo? I do live in the U.S.A, thus you can tell I’m not bias at all. I do not like these silly over decorated, gaudy sweaters and hats. And goofy baggy white sweat pants. They remind me of Where’s Waldo? No kidding here. If I were the US design team, I would have gone with a much more understated look. A dark blue thin down Jacket from Uniqlo would look nice. With some tailored dark blue or black fitted slacks and some hip shoes like the new flat soled Doc Martins or some other Hi-End Sneaker like a Rick Owens or a Marc Jacobs. Note: The backs of the sweaters were looking ok, some nice Stars and a simple USA. It’s the front that was way too much.
Poland: White, White, Grey, White and some red. I guess I’ve never been there, so don’t quite get the look.
South Korea: Colors and style looked good. but once again way too puffy.
BTW: The music has been pretty hip, pretty nice Dance beat throughout the ceremony. A bit generic at times, but still sounded pretty progressive for the Olympics. I thought the London Olympic Opening Ceremony had the best music ever!
Chinese Taipei: Bright Blue gowns like a High School graduation. Whoa!
Togo: Ok I guess the winter Olympics is more about warmth than style. I’m starting to catch on. Interesting colors on top-looks like yellow and a dark purple?. And some pretty cool icy silver Zippers on the ski pants.
Ukraine: Some nice street style jackets. Kinda Camo, kinda animal print. Not sure which animal-maybe an Owl? Interesting look. I Didnt even notice the pants.
Second BTW: I’ve had enough. But I need to wait until I see Russia,it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t watch long enough to see the host Country’s Clothes. So, I will continue with this “Live” blog from the Opening Ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
France: Grey down jackets made to look like suit jackets with an awkward khaki colored pant. The grey tops were a nice attempt at some style, but the pants were like goofy American office attire.
Third BTW: The silly announcer just said that some people have been dancing for 25-30 minutes. Like it’s something lame to do, what’s wrong with him? Never been to a Rave before? People dance for 4-6-8 hours and it’s fun, yes FUN.
Switzerland: All Bright Red all the Time.
Sweden: Didnt notice the clothes but I saw the NY Rangers Goalie waving the flag. That’s pretty cool.
Fourth BTW: Ok when is this going to be over. I need to get dressed to go out for the night.
Russia: Finally, OMG. And they are wearing Red, White and Blue? A classic Russian look. with a bit of 2013 Nu School Docker’s flair in their red pants. It would be really cool if they played a “Pussy Riot” song when they came out. But don’t think that Prez P would dig that.
Well, that’s the official Streetzblog wrap up of what most of the Countries wore. I liked the London Olympic Opening Ceremony much better. The music and the designer duds, but it was kinda fun to live blog the Ceremony. Hopefully, I’ll have the night off in two years and will once again bring you the next Olympic Opening Ceremony of Style.
Have a nice Weekend. See you on the streetz. Now I have just enough time to get myself dressed for an evening of fun and Frivolity. No puffy jacket for me tonight. Gonna’ Rock my dark blue and black plaid pants, a black comfy yet fitted T from H&M, and my flat soled black Doc Martins, my most favorite and MOST comfortable shoes I’ve owned in years!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for Streetzblog.com. They said we could share it with the World, thus I’m sharing it with You. Teaser for 2013: I’ll finish up posting NYC Shopping and entertainment information and What’s Hot in Chicago and New York. And next week, we’ll get back to the “Hawaii Designs” series and some more fun trends, kicks, fashions and music from the island of Oahu and around the world. Happy New Year!
Here’s an excerpt:
19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 59,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 3 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Well, this is an interesting blog today, I needed to re write it in my head 3 times already. Finally I settled on “This Weekend’s small talk” Here’s why I think I needed a better title other than “who’s the entertainment at the Olympics Closing Ceremony. It’s because, almost always, like 95% of the time, things I write are confirmed, real and true. This time however, the information is very sketchy and pretty hard to find. And if you’re going out tonight or tomorrow, you always need something to talk about, so why not say “oh I read it on the net, it’s gotta’ be true”. Well, who really knows what will happen Sunday evening, but this is the best I could do in the time I had and the limited resources that are being provided by the secretive police over in London.
Here are the 5 (Unconfirmed) CONFIRMED acts expected to Perform at the 2012 Summer Olympics Closing Ceremony:
- The Who – I heard it at the gym yesterday and read it on the net.
- The Spice Girls (Reunion) – I saw the Today show this morning and they did not say that they were going to perform, but they did Allude to it. And I read it on the net. And D’Becks came in on the motor boat at the beginnign of the Olympics, I would suspect he will also be at the finale. And His wife has got to be close by!
- George Michael-I heard this on some radio station in Hawaii and also read it on the net.
- the MUSE-Most of the on-line English tabloids have these guys confirmed to perform live.
- One Direction-I heard this rumor way back in May and saw it on the net today.
Early on in April or May I mentioned that New Order, Underworld and Blur were going to play. I have my doubts about New Order right now, since they pretty much disbanded according to my seat mate at work, Underworld I still have hopes for since the man in charge of the show-Danny Boyle knows them pretty well from Trainspotting, and Blur, well I think I was in a blur and got them mixed up with the MUSE. a 4 letter British band that’s not electronic or street sounding-Easy thing for me to do.
Now Here are the Unconfirmed UNCONFIRMED acts who may possible perform on Sunday: (In order of who I would like to see the most)
- Tinie Tempah – the rapper on Swedish House Mafia’s “From Miami to Ibiza”
- Fat Boy Slim
- Pet Shop Boys
- The Specials
- Jesse J
- Beady Eye
- George Michael
- Kaiser Chiefs
- Ray Davies
- Ed Sheeran
- Annie Lennox
- Kate Bush (oh man, that one song about running up that hill still makes my stomach cringe)
And there is still a buzz that Sr. Paul McCartney wants to come back for an encore and Here’s the news of the day-maybe? Music Director of the Closing Ceremony-David Arnold has told the “Telegraph” this will be QUOTE “The Greatest After Party in the World”. Now what that alludes to is the Rolling Stones have been named “The Greatest Band” of all time, thus he may be hinting that the ENGLISH blokes-Mick, Keith etc may make an appearance. It does make sense, but there’s not much concrete evidence on it other than the quote. At least there wasnt anything at 730AM on Friday August 10, 2012.
Either way it goes, It’s gotta’ be pretty awesome. Hey and even if I didn’t see or hear it anywhere, I bet there’s still a chance that the Chemical Brothers might make it out Sunday night-they did produce the track that they play in the Cycle-Drome at this year’s Olympics. Have a Great Weekend! Tonight I’ll be at Tsunami’s if you want to stop by and say Hi, I’ll get a pic of you for streetzblog. And tomorrow night I hope to go to Crystal Method. See you around town and on the Streetz!
The Headphones Michael Phelps wore prior to winning the 100M Butterfly.
First: Thanks to everyone who’s been following Streetzblog’s Fashions and Fun at the Summer Olympics 2012. It’s been lots of fun to write about and even more fun seeing and meeting lots of new friends from America, Canada, Belgium, Great Britain, the Philippines, London,Ireland, Spain, Latvia, United Arab Area, Puerto Rico, The Netherlands, Belize and Brazil. TU!!
Second: I thought after I wrote about Michael Phelps’s Head Phones’s the other day we found all their was to know about the Sol Republic Headphones. But, what does Michael Phelps do? He comes out with a pair that I’ve never seen on the SR website, Thus I needed to investigate to find out what these were all about.
And OMG, I can’t believe I didn’t see it last night when I saw him come out with the new Headphones. I saw some writing on the top of the interchangeable headbands and just figured Sol got smart and put their name up on there. But lo and behold, I just watched the repeat on my DVR and guess whose name is on there? DEADMAU5!!!! How cool is that! The Best Swimmer in the World with one of the Best DJ’s/Producers in the World. Deadmau5 actually does 2 out of my top 20 of all times tunes-“Hi Friend” and “I remember”.
Now I know I need to get an HD TV, I for sure would have noticed DEADMAU5’s name on the Headphones yesterday.
Here are the details on the Headphones: Yes they do say DEADMAU5 on the top. they are yellow, red, orange and various other colors. They were designed by Josh Davis Who also does a lot of design work for DEADMAU5. These were made for Phelps, but the smaller versions of them were made for Cats, yes cats. They made 10 pairs of these for $999 each and the Sol Republic website says they are all sold out and has a waiting list for them. Now, I need to repeat that one more time-the Headphones aren’t available for you or me right now, but my cats and yours might be able to get a pair. Hmmmm? I personally have inherited 3 cats, but all their getting for Christmas is Cat Treats, they barely hang out long enough for a nap, I’d never get a pair of headphones on their scrambling, speed fuel’d heads. Below is the Video for the Cat Headphones and a couple of vids of my favorite DEADMAU5 tunes.
BTW: I bought some pretty awesome TYR Metallized Tracer Ti Goggles today, going to swim in them tomorrow. Today, I made it 4 laps with some borrowed goggles. The good thing is I can still swim pretty fast, the bad thing is the swimming sure makes my heart pound, hope it’s safe and let’s see how long I stick to this “new” endeavor in my life. Seems like right as I get good at something I don’t have enough patience and move on to something else. Although, I’ve kept up with the blogging for over a year and I’m not planning on stopping this, I’m way too passionate and it’s just too much fun! I’ll keep you posted on this swimming thing.
The above vid seems mostly like a marketing ploy and a good way to help a charity. I bet everyone who bought the cat headphones were either HUGE rich Cat Lovers, really dedicated DEADMAU5 fans, People with Money for non profits/ASPCA, or maybe a few who think they can get more than $999 on Ebay.
This Song is an older DEADMAU5 Song, that I played for years on my Soundz from the Scene Radio show. Actually played it before he was on the MTV Video Music Awards. I just played it cause I liked it. Here’s DEADMAU5 with “Hi Friend”
And next up is DEADMAU5’s “I remember” Video. I totally dig the Vid on this one. Check out the Traditional English Breakfast and it’s just such a cool story of following your dreams and not the traditional 9-5.
Oops almost forgot to give a big thanks to ChipChick for the Michael Phelps photos-Thank You!!! Check out ChipChick’s blog for even more Headphone, Fashion and Smartphone fun!
Aly Raisman’s Stunning Ruby, Saphire and Diamond Earrings
As you may have seen, Gabrielle Douglas, Alexandra Raisman, Jordyn Wieber, McKayla Maroney and Kyla Ross won the first team Women’s gymnastics Gold Medal since 1996. And they did it by winning by an amazing 5.066 points, with the final floor exercise performed by #icebath queen Aly Raisman. Congratulations to the Golden Girls or as the media’s been calling them-“The Fab Five”.
Continuing on streetzblog’s passion for fashion and accessories at this year’s Olympic games tonight we’re going to find some of the Bling being seen around the games. I bet you’ve noticed Aly’s special earrings! They sure do POP on the TV screen! And from a bit of research and a really nice note from Anny from imageunlimted-philly.com we at streetzblog.com found out where you can get your own pair of these custom gems. Aly wears customized round, stud earrings from the award-winning Adamas Fine Jewelry in Newton, Massachusetts.
Veronica Sagherian-Owner of Adamas Fine Jewelry says “Aly’s family has been a client of ours for a while and in support of her accomplishments we wanted to create something that fits her style in the Olympic Games. We hope that this is a piece she will wear forever”. I personally have to agree, I’ve noticed her attractive earrings since the first night of the competition. I guess my TV is getting a bit old, because I couldn’t quite see all the colors in them. But Now I know why they look so powerful and exquisite-they were made to match the U.S.A’s colors with Ruby (Red), Sapphire (Blue) and Diamonds (White-well kind of, I’d rather have diamond studs then opaque white, wouldn’t you?)
Aly’s earrings are ruby, sapphire and diamonds representing the colors of team U.S.A and if you’re in the Massachusetts area, you can get your own customized pair by just stopping by Adamas Fine Jewelry located on 23 Lincoln St. Newton, MA 02461 *I’ve been looking for a custom diamond earring in the NYC Yankees design as seen in the beginning of HowToMakeItInAmerica Season 2 for a while now, maybe I’ll give them a call and see if they can make some of them-Maybe I’ll add a bit of a black gem with the sparkly diamonds!.
Ryan Lochte’s Custom-Made American flag dental Grillz
Since I had to have my left front tooth pulled a few weeks ago, I’ve been very jealous of people with all their teeth. And one day at the dentist’s office my dentist tipped my off to Ryan’s older diamond grillz and joked about getting me one of those instead of a new tooth. I told him it would be cool with me, but then I found out the price and said “oh, that’s ok, we can stick to the tooth”. The picture below is the grill my dentist was referring to, it’s Ryan’s grill from 2009.
Well Ryan has a brand new grill just for the 2012 Summer Olympics and it didn’t come cheap either. The New York Times has heard that it may have been around $25,000!!! And check this out his grill is all diamonds in the shapes of Stars and Stripes and it was designed with the help of rapper Paul Wall and Houston Jeweler-Johnny Dang. I bet Lochte helped with the design too, since the other day I heard he wants to pursue a career as a fashion designer. Which makes sense since he helped to design these bright green custom kicks: (On TV, I noticed that on the bottoms one side says Ryan and the other side says Lochte, so when he walks on his deck, you can see his name spelled out; especially when it rains!)
Olympic Beach Volleyball Player Kerri Walsh’s Golden necklace
And the last Olympic fashion piece we’ll look at for tonight is Kerri’s necklace. I’ve seen her wear it during the last 3 games and I notice that it’s pretty dear to her heart. She sometimes kisses it for luck? and you can also see her make sure it’s still there by putting it under her shirt for safe keeping. I don’t know all the details on this golden circle. But in Thursday’s Honolulu Star Advertiser, I noticed Elle Couture Jewellers has dime and nickel sized 18 Karat gold medals for sale. You can purchase them with your initial, peace signs, hearts and crosses all in diamonds. These “Disc Pendants” designed by Roberto Coin start at $620 and can be purchased at Elle Couture Jewellers, 909 Kapiolani Blvd. in Hawaii or by calling (808) 591-8080
Have a great weekend, time for me to turn on the DVR and watch some more 2012 Summer Olympics from London, England. I keep wondering why I didn’t go to these? London is such a fun place to be even without the fun and games of the Olympic games, fashions, kicks and pageantry. Oh well, next time. Talk to you soon or see you on the streetz. Saturday I’ll be out at Aloha Stadium and later that day at T-Mobile Kunia, then Clark Hatch and after that Open Space Yoga. On Sunday..who know’s..maybe the beach or the Basketball court. Or hopefully shopping for gold and diamonds..LOL
Update Alert (8/8/16): To see all the gear MP is Rockin’ including Michael Phelps headphones for the Rio 2016 Olympics, click here.
So, All week-long or since the Olympics started, I’ve been watching Michael Phelps come out to swim wearing all sorts of different colored Headphones. And I maybe like you, “Wondered what kind of headphones are those?” I noticed that some days the metallic looking headbands were orange, then blue, red even Gold-or maybe those were the orange? Someday’s they matched his “attire” some days they didn’t. They did look nice and I totally dig custom anything. But I just could not read the logo on them on my TV. Thus I researched out the answer for ya’ll.
These are pretty nice and I sure would dig a pair, but they aren’t what Michael Phelps wears prior to swimming. From an AdvertisingAge article on August 1, 2012, these were given to a bunch of Olympic Athletes in the village. Michael Phelps has been seen wearing Beats by Dre headphones at the 2012 games and in the past (not these). And Jack Butland the goalkeeper for the English Soccer/football team has a pair, British Tennis player Lara Robson also has a pair and so does Great Britain’s Diver Tom Daley. These 3 were all seen wearing the ones pictured above. I doubt Michael wore this exact pair, but he probably has some red white and blue ones that he wears around the “combine”.
Now, after that big build up…here is what Michael Phelps is wearing at this years Olympic Games..Sol republic Tracks on the ear Headphones which can be purchased in black or white at just $99.99 at solrepublic.com
Now, I’ll tell you!! the Sol Republic company will most likely make some big sales from this and other blogs. But, they sure didn’t make it easy to write this. 3 – 4 days of watching Michael Phelps and I couldn’t read the logo. And now I just tried to upload the really nice pictures of the Colorful headbands and some HOT models wearing the HP’s, but the last 4 pictures were rejected by WordPress due to security reasons. But, being a pretty detailed streetz reporter, I’ll finish off the story with more details on the Headphones. Or just google them or go to their website, if it hasn’t crashed by now. (From the influx of orders, not from irritated bloggers who can’t upload pictures..LOL) Just want to make that clear, I sure don’t want to get in any trouble over writing this just because I couldn’t share some pix. I Just thought they were pretty cool HP’s and I noticed a bunch of questions on my search engine on “What kind of Head phones is Michael Phelps wearing?”.
The Sol Republic Tracks on ear headphones come in black and white and are available at $99.99 here. Now, Here’s the slick part that Michael Phelps has been taking advantage of, they have lots and lots of various interchangeable Headbands. Colors include: Electro Blue, House Pink, Dub Orange, Clitch Grey, and Red.
BTW: If you were wondering? @DaraTorres let us know why Michael Phelps wears two swim caps. The under cap helps the outer cap stay on. And the outer cap is most important since its a slick dome cap with less drag, which gets you there quicker. So there you go!
I’m enjoying these Summer Olympics, lots of fun to watch the action and the fashion. But, with all this Olympic Onslaught I havent had a chance to post the streetz fashion and fun from Lovefest and the #Lastbash. However you can check out the tune review from the Lovefest here. And I’m sure I’ll get the bash and fest info up soon. Hey! anyone know how to watch the Soccer/Football? I can’t seem to find that channel on my TV.
And BTW, If you have a happening product you’d like seen on streetzblog.com, you can email me the pictures directly anytime. It would make writing the blogs easier and the quality would Rock also. Thanks.
After watching all of those Ill fitting Khaki pants and the numerous versions of white pants in the Opening Ceremony; I figured I’d look for something that I would wear. And this is what I found-The Nike 21st century Windrunner V Reflective Olympic Jacket, I first saw it on Michael Phelps after he won his silver medal, then again when he won his gold and I last saw it on the Gold winning Female Gymnastics team. It was here that it started to grow on me and it was here where I saw it do it’s magic. As the lights in the arena changed, the colors on the jacket also changed from silver to blue to a crazy pink haze that actually glowed! That’s when I decided I needed one of these HOT Jackets.
So, Just like quick strike Jordans that are hard to find, this turned out to be just as hard to get. I checked the usauniversal.com site-even sent them a message that so far has not been returned 27 hours later. I did get that stupid “Oh we got your question request and will get back to you soon message” Soon! soon is not 27 going on 28 hours now. Next, I checked the usual suspects like the fanatics site, Olympic gear, Nike.com, google etc. And I couldn’t find it for sale anywhere.
The place I did find it at was on the livethecounterculture.com site. It was here that I found the video you can see above and it was here that I learned that it’s a jacket only made for the winners of many of the Summer Olympic Sports.
If I do find a knock-off or a possible sale of this item, I will let you know. For now, the only way to get one is if you know one of the American Olympians who win Gold, Silver or Bronze. Hey BTW did you see the American Women’s team Kicks? They all had on nice Bright Flourescent green Nikes-they didn’t match the red, white and blue vibe and may have at moments matched the jacket, but the real big deal here is Adidas payed a lot of money to be the shoe sponsor and those bright green shoes sure blew away any Adidas I’ve (not) seen so far in the games or the commercials. its like that year Red Bull stole the show from Mountain Dew at the Winter X games. Everytime a snowboarder won-he drank a Red Bull or on occasion a Monster Energy Drink right on camera during the winning interviews. Didnt see any Mountain Dew sippin’ that year! Just a few banners here and there.
August 1 6:50pm Update on the jackets. I just noticed that NBCUniversal got back to me on “Where can I buy one of those nice Grey jackets like they wear on the Olympics?” The answer is they dont sell them. But they suggest that if you would like one, you can hit up their product development department and it may be available for purchase in the near future. Here is the link