Yohji Yamamoto Fall/Winter 2018/19 Menswear
Newest of the New Number Three
Streetzblog’s quest to find what to wear and what’s trending for Fall/Winter 2018/19 continues with the Yohji Yamamoto F/W 2018-19 Runway show.
Here we go:
Ultra-Baggy, Flowing, Layering
Skirts for men, Cropped, Wide legged, Exaggeration of Proportions
Colors: Black, Grey, White and Red
Suit Jacket x Street-wear x The Victorian Dandy
Textiles, Printed Imagery, Re-Creation
As Count Dracula would dress for a Black Tie Event
I tend to like Blacks, Grey’s and layering. Thus, this is one of my favorite Runway show’s for the Fall/Winter 2018-19 season. Very nice clothing. See you on the Streetz…blog.
Warm Weather, Cool Breeze, We’ve got you Covered
Streetzblog Hot for the Holidays List December 2014
For this year’s first post on What’s Hot for the Holidays, I started out a bit Kitsch, flowed through some esoteric and left you with some solid Streetgear. Happy Holidays!
- Neon Zinka: Colored nose coat for the beach, Skiing and Snowboarding. The latest colors come in bright electric Pink and Teal. They also have Neon pink, green, purple, yellow and the standard white. More like a stocking stuffer than a real present. Either way, the colors are Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic. $7 each Available Here
- Urban Decay Pigment Palette: Keeping on the bright Eighty’s Aught Retro Chic page, these electric colors are pretty rockin’. All the colors you need are here: Neon Green, Yellow, Pink and of course Purple and Blue. 10 colors total. You can’t go wrong wearing these to your next 80’s/2014 party. $49 at UrbanDecay
- Voyager 10 Sunglasses: I can’t seem to pick an era these would go well in except now. A bit of a Lolita Shape, 1950’s tourtist color on the frames, with the 2013-14 Flo Green-Blue in the. lens. $195 at westwardleaning.com
- Typewriter Computer Keyboard: This has to be one of the strangest Let’s Go Retro and be Cool things to come out in a while. It’s basically an old fashion typewriter that attaches to your tablet, so that you can type on the typewriter and it shows up on the tablet. Made for Underwood by Jack Zylkin. $799 at usbtypewriter.com Note: When I went to this site to get ya’ll the url, many of the machines are SOLD-OUT. So I suspect this is less strange and more important to people than I originally thought.
- Clutch with speakers: Various colored Clutches with a built-in Stelle Audio audio speaker that blasts. $399 at rebeccaminkoff.com
- Socialmatic Digital Camera: Takes instant poloroid pictures on special paper and has Wi-Fi and blue tooth capabilities to upload your fav pix to FB or Instagram. Ever noticed how the Instagram logo looks a bit like the Poloroid camera? Hmm These camera’s will be available in January 2015 at poloroid.com Just too cool not to mention. Maybe you can get it for someone for Valentine’s Day? $299 when it comes available Here
- Thermacell Pro Heating Insoles: These insoles keep your feet toasty for 5 hours at 111 degrees! If I lived in a cold area of the world, I would buy these the minute I saw them. Almost as expensive as my kicks, but bet they’re worth it on a blizzardy ski Trip. $150 at thermacell.com
- Black Apple x New York Knicks: Now, here’s number one on my hit-list for myself for the Holidays. Limited Edition New York Knicks streetwear created by the guys from Public School. Was just available (12/5/14) at the MSG brick and mortar store. Now you can place an order from anywhere, just call 212 631 5390 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org Better hurry, the last collection sold out before I even knew it was available. Find pictures on Instagram or as usual, just google it. Glad they were able to accommodate people outside of NYC. I’ll see if anything is left on December 20 when I visit the Garden.
- Echoluxury Kicks: Feit pronounced Fight at 2 Prince St. in NY has some slick new kicks. Only 60 are made of each shoe and each shoe comes from just one piece of leather. Wow, that’s a big cow! These are created by Price, the guy who invented Royal Elastics. The shoes with no laces. Various prices. Available at feitdirect
- Python Skateboard: Libra leather Home, a favorite store of Alexander Wang has a pretty dope looking python Skateboard and the leather king-Mitch Alfus has some very Luxe-Life footballs. Skateboard: $1,500 Football: $1,200 This would be the perfect place to shop for a rich friend who has “almost” everything. 72 Frankin St. in NY Now through January 31st. Then the King goes back to whatever Kings of the Luxe-Life do. I guess. More information on these products and others available Here
The Newest of the New direct from Milan (Spring 2015)
Today is July 4, 2014 and here we are looking towards Spring 2015. Where I work we try super hard to work 3 months out, at times 3 weeks and in cases like 4th of July weekend which is super busy for us we work just 3 days ahead of schedule. How do these Fashion Designers work close to a year or more ahead of time? Amazing!
I’m not messing around today and doing a guessing game or searching through All of the Mens Milan Spring Fashions for 2015. Just going to list out the Hot Trends for Spring 2015 directly from the June 25, 2014 issue of WWD. (Thank You for the awesome help-WWD).
Spring 2015 Milan Mens Collections
What is Trending:
- Fluid Tailoring (Expected this Trend)
- Denim and Faux Denim
- Stripes, Nautical and Graphic Patterns
- Retro-From the Fifties thru the Nineties. (I’m personally seeing the 90’s in July 2014)
- Luxe Loungewear (A 2014 trend that continues)
- Carrot Pleated Pants-These are wide at the top and narrow at the bottom. (Something new..YAH! Not sure if it’s something I’d wear, but at least it’s something new).
- Voluminous Trenches to Cropped Sued Jackets
- Athleticism (Continuing Trend)
- A tropical Vibe (Very big in Summer 2014, especially the Colorful floral on black backgrounds)
- Soft Bags
- Chunky Sandals
- Double-breasted Jackets in longer Silhouettes (Might be interesting) I’d like to see suits with a little looser fit, not sure how much longer I can keep up with the slim, slimmer and Ultra Slim look in suits).
- Streetwear-Style Layering (One of my favorite trends)
- Round Sunglasses (John Lennon Style? Not quite my style)
What do you think? What’s your first choice on the list? Have you seen anything WWD may have missed on the list? I know I said I wouldn’t guesstimate, but I can’t resist. Here’s a few trends I’d like to see:
- Three Button Suits that are not too slim, Tailored yet comfortable enough to move around in.
- Metallic Gold, Silver and Bronze High-Top Brogues in a nice dull matte sheen, so they look HOT, yet are wearable to work without garnering too much attention.
- Double-Breasted suits, Well fitting, yet once again not too tight. With 1.75 Cuffs on the Trousers.
- Plaids in various shades of Grey, Orange and Blue.
- Streetwear with lots of rips, holes and frays.
- Crisp, clean Black and White Streetwear in exotic materials.
- Extremely soft, comfortable sneakers in Blacks, Greys and Whites with super bouncy soles in flourescent green, Ice Blue, Cobalt Blue and Electric Orange.
- More Camo in Black and Navy blends with secret sayings and images blended into the camouflage.
- Loungewear wearable to the actual Lounge. Along with a resurgence of Groovy Hotel Costes Lounge Music.
- 1920’s x 1990’s. Like mixing High End Luxe with Thrift Shop or Fast Fashion finds.
- Street Sign Wear.
“Too Cool For School?”
Men’s Fashion Trends Fall 2013
Taking a Flash-Forward approach to upcoming trends for Fall, here are the NINE various trends seen at the London, Milan, Paris and New York Fashion Weeks. Trends courtesy of and named verbatim by the WWD-February 28, 2013 Edition. With Editorial about the trends courtesy of streetzblog.com
1. Pared-Down Suits: Trousers still looking pretty skinny, yet length depending on where you live and what look you’re going for are either very short & cropped or pretty short & scrunchy. Presently I prefer mine with zero or 2 small pleats, tailored fairly close to my legs with a slight break above the ankle with a ¾ inch Cuff.
2. Volume Coats: I suspect the designers were over doing it a bit here to show the trend. The coats fit at the sleeves but are big, bulky and basically look like they don’t fit. It’s taken my 15 years to realize most of my clothes are way to big. This is one trend I won’t be participating in during 2013. I find the fitted yet comfortable look to be the best at the moment for my clothes and my future winter coats.
3. 3-D Effects: Puffy fabrics, protruding elements, and various depths to one piece of clothing. I suspect this is a look for fashion forward Paris or Milan. Looks a bit retro 80’s. I’m not very into this look, kinda’ like trying a bit too hard; maybe it will grow on me or possible “on top” my fabric of choice.
4. Cropped Pants: Well above the ankle. Almost like long yet tailored shorts. This looks good if you use High Quality Designer duds. I’m one of the biggest proponents for mixing Fast-Fashion and Hi-End Fashion, but for this to look good I would suggest spending some bigger cash and get your gear from DSquared2 Marc Jacobs, Rag&Bone or Junya Watanabe. Or if you do go FF-HF, invest in some nice hi-top brogues or play with your socks a bit. The Cordovan hi tip brogues look great! Or try the Pebble Brown Doc Martin’s or some Army/Navy Surplus store combat boots. The black socks with the Black pants are a look I dig. I’d say it would also work well with Flo-Orange, Flo-Green or Paisley socks as well. Like the look, just spend a bit of cash and get some nice high quality fabrics, or some nice kicks and socks and this should be a pretty stylish Pick!
5. Mr. Green: Basically WWD is saying that dark green, forest Green, and army green are going to be Big colors for Fall 2013. Looks ok to me, I tend to go for the blacks, greys and midnight blues on the weekend. But I do wear a lot of green to work, so no prob’s with green on this end.
6. Heritage Fabrics: Grey, Black, dark camel Tweeds, plaids, Checkers and squares, In nice thick hi-quality pants, shirts, jackets and vests. I think we’ve been seeing this trend taking form for a couple years now. Chic Men Magazine has been doing it up since issue number one. This version has a bit of a “Blow Up” retro Sixties look to it. I like it; you would just need to live somewhere cold enough to make this look work for you.
7. Chic Athletics: Looks like more and more designers going the Y-3 x Adidas Style. Marni, Duckie Brown, Kenzo, Kris Van Assche, Time Coppens and Trussardi using High end fabrics with a sporty weekendy type of look. Things look a bit baggy here, not sure if we’re ready to going back to the big and baggy look. I for one am going to try and stay true to fit for another year or two. Anyone need some XL & XXL NBA or NFL All-Star Gear? I have lots in my closet, waiting for the trend to come back around or prepared to sell it in my new “Kicks and Clothes on Wheels” Mobil Mobile that I designed last week. Right now, you could just email me if you’re interested and are big enough to fit the Gear.
8. Bold Patterns: Flowers, Paisleys, Birds, geometric shapes on pants, shirts, coats, sweaters, and suits. One trend I can do without. Unless I was Dj’ing or doing some sort of Red Carpet entrance. Then I’d still probably stick to my Black, Grey and Orange plaid pants on plaid shirt with black suit jacket look. No birds or toads on my clothes this year!
9. Leather on Leather: Leather Jackets, Leather pants Leather gloves, leather shoes all worn at the same time. If you’re a Rock Star or think you’re a Rock Star this is the look for you. Have fun!
What will you be wearing in Fall 2013? Comment or Hit up the survey just below this blog posting with a quick click. See you on the Streetz.