Rick Owens SS23 Mens EDFU Thursday June 23 2022 Palais De Tokyo Avenue Du President Wilson. Paris, France
This show is more of a spectacle like going to a play, performance art installation or a movie. The clothes are slightly secondary. And Rick has always said he likes to make clothes he would wear. I highly doubt we will see him in anything on this Runway except the large boots and bad ass oversized sunglasses. Would be pretty funny to see him in anything other than black. And Bright Green Glossy pants or flimsy, flowing fish netting, I Kinda’ doubt it. But, just like Rick is looking at darkness in the world today, all I saw was bright colors. Yet, you can skip down to the bottom of the blog for some nice black clothes and kicks! YAH!
Rick continues on looking at a reality through the eyes of doom and gloom. Last show was apocalyptic this one he is irritated about the war and trifling arguments. So, instead of bringing us more low crotch black pants, oversized Nomad shirts, we receive bright Green and purple colors to help heal the world.
The Music is dope, the setting is spectacular, and the crane that drops fire balls is the biggest hit of the entire show. It drops fire bombs 3x just like the models trip the same amount at 3x through the show. It would have been fun to be there in person just to see the fireballs dropping from the crane into the picturesque languid waters.
- The Music: “Swooping, Grating, Unhinged Exclusive mix by EPROM and SHADS reflecting the Untethered, Wonky Current Climate” (Show notes)
- The Fireball Crane!
- The exquisite setting
- Kicks: They are hard to spot, but there are some special kicks coming our way in 2023
- Scarab colored jeans
- And YAH for the black colors on some of the clothes
- The flimsy flowing fish netting in red and green materials. Stuff You’d see in Ben Franklin
- The purple vest
- Bright yellow & bright pink
- And that bizarre red dress in that weird fish netting material. Yuk!
I think I was so freaked out by the bright green and chiffon reds, I missed all these blacks. Ooops, still no drop crotch pants. But Rick Owens fans will be happy to see their/our favorite color in the stores and on-line in 2023.
What are your Highlights and Lowlights of the Show? Let us know in the comments section. See you on the Streetz…blog!