Discord in the Dystopian Sea
The Ocean, the Beach + Rick Owens
Rick Owens Runway Show Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2021/22
The New Normal is a Nickel Plated Slate Grey Dystopian World-SM
Rick takes us to a deserted beach in the middle of Winter to show his post covid collection of super long sleeves, Multi Mega ripped cat suits, and clunky heeled boots. The bone skinny models fitted in comfy down jackets, saunter flawlessly across the stark cement runway. While small cold waves crash into the sand. Can you feel the chill? Ready for Dystopian Chic Blade Runner gentrification?
For some reason, many of the Highs are also the Lows. Listed below are the Highlights and Lowlights. See you at the Beach!
- The setting. A built in Runway surrounded by the cold ocean at a beach with No people
- Behind the Scenes action. Fun to see the crew getting the models ready to walk
- The Music: Fit the cold stark eerie mood of the setting
- Greys and Blacks
- The PInk Hair. It could have been more spectacular with some popcorn yellow, bleached blue and neon green. Like every 4th person would have been pretty cool to do
- The Multi -Mega ripped catsuit and dress
- Blade Runner Dystopian Theme throughout
- The Giant shoulder pads
- Aqua sequins
- Behind the Scenes acting up. The people were all too stressed out and moving too quickly. The show was doing fine with a nice mellow feel, then they acted like it was the end of the world.
- The Music: Could have added in a bit of Drum and Base and mixed it up a bit
- The skirts that flowed out at the knee
- Bellowing smoke at the tip of the runway
Posted on April 24, 2021, in runway and tagged Beach fashion show, Blade Runner, Covid collection clothes, Dysopian World, fashion show, Models, rick owens, RO, runway show. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.