Posted by Scott Mackenzie
GCDS ALIEN DISCO. Spring/Summer 2023 Fashion Show. Rotonda della Besano, Milan. September 22, 2022. Creative Director: Giulano Calza. Music: Francesco “Katoo” Catitti.
My brain totally goes a bit dyslectic with the brand name. Half of my notes have CGDS and the others have GCDS. And sometimes I even think the name is short for Comme Des Garcons. After watching the video and taking some pix, I finally have the GCDS name grounded into my brain. Partially due to the vibrant, electric, hues of Fluorescent Green, Yellow and Pink! And by one of my favorite TV show characters who lives under the sea…SpongeBog SquarePants. Wow! what a splendid surprise! *BTW: GCDS is an Italian streetwear fashion line. The name stands for Giuliano Calza Design Studio.
This is the kind of show, that brings joy to your sensory being. The Colors, the joyous Music, the Club vibe and even the name of the Show, Alien Disco gives it an extra boost of entertainment value.
Although, there is some disappointment when the models don’t seem to be smiling or enjoying the event as much as the music and clothes. Maybe there’s some hidden meaning in that? I do know that there is a tad bit of political upheaval in Milan that the designer is expressing in the show. Maybe he is showing his disapproval through the models stone cold faces?
Highlights of the GCDS show include:
- The colorful clothing
- Ultra distressed rips and tears
- The Music and the color changing globe
- Fun Vibe throughout
- and of course…SpongBog SquarePants!
Ol’ Bob can be seen on a purse, on a Hi-End colorful hockey jersey, across the chest of one of the models and my favorite…riding a Jelly fish on a luxury dress
There are so many rich luscious colors, that when you see the lady in the jeans and plain top, it’s like What is up? But…just wait till she turns around in the video of the show, you’ll see quite a surprise!
From the show notes we find a bit more about the Alien. The Feeling of being Alien is a common one. Sometimes we feel Alien in the places once were home. GCDS turns this feeling into a Joyous Force, embracing everyone’s colors.
Here’s a few pictures of the over the top distressed rips and shreds of the colorful clothing on the models:
Check out the video below, hopefully the Vibe, the Music and the Colorful clothes help you to have a most excellent day or night…above or under the Sea
In case you forgot the words to the SpongeBob theme song, here is a video to sing along with:
See you on the Streetz…blog!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)