AFTERWORLD: The Age of Tomorrow. Balenciaga Fall 2021
As we emerge from our cocoons of 2020 we’ll find some things the same yet many changed. Some futuristic, a bit of retro-vintage, Rave culture, maybe a bit of the Roaring 20s. This video filmed as a video game shows many of the trends to expect as we emerge from home bound to a combo of home and outta bound.
The more you watch this video the more you’ll see. Here are a few of the key takeaways:
- Your Avatar image melding into your Real Image of yourself. We’ll see people on the streetz looking more and more like their Zombie killer, Prince and Princess, Farmer, Cyber-Punk video game avatar. The imagined becomes real very quickly.
- Functional Tech-Wear: Less about showing off the features. But building in the sweat wicking, multi pocket, rain resistant clothing. The incorporation of the tech without showing it off.
- 90’s Rave Culture, as see in one of the Zones on the video. Neon Greens, Pinks and Orange. Mixed in with sombre blacks. Its either gonna be a 90s Rave, a 1960’s Psychedelic experience or a Roaring 20’s kind of year for some. Especially for the 16-30 year olds.
- Virtual Reality + Real Reality with a touch of Augmented Reality melding into ONE. Goes a bit back to the Avatar mentioned above. And Richard Branson going to space. Things will move, meld, change from the unreal life to the real faster than anyone could ever Imagine.
You’re sure to find even more hidden gems inf the Vid. Check out the Balenciaga Video Game Runway show below and let us know the trends you see in the comments section below. See you on the the Real Streetz…very soon!
Really? or Really!
Authentiqute by eBay brings us a candle made to smell like brand new Kicks. Is this a really! or a really? Depends on who you are. Sounds like a 1994 Radio stunt done with candles. But they are serious and have really made this candle to smell like some brand new sneakers. And are selling it.
This is Really! or Really? what they have done! Here is what Authentique mentions their candle smells like:
- Warm Pebbled Leather
- EVA Foam
- Cotton Blossom
And just like the Hottest sneakers, the candle if of course very limited. Unlike the newest J’s, it’s pretty inexpensive at $25. But probably already re-selling for $100+ What do you think of this? A must purchase or a Did they really do this? I guess if you were doing a Hypebeast themed party, it would be a fun scent to burn. A new car or new pair of kicks do smell good. But a room filled with glue and foam..Hmmmm I’m 50/50 on this one. And will just do Nag Champa for now. I could use the $25 for some food.
I suspect they are all sold out, but if you want to see the site where they are or were for sale, here is the link And below is the promo video:
After reading and writing about this, I’m headed to the basketball court to donate another pair of kicks for those in need. Will be dropping off a pair of triple carbon worn once Adidas Boosts. Crawford Park 2/15/21 2:00pm.
What else could we make a candle smell like:
- A new car-Obvious and a choice similar to this scent
- Fresh Snow or Rain-Rain I’ve seen. Snow could be a fun one. Or maybe Mountain Climbing.
- Bloomingdale’s-Ahh to bring back the air-conditioned air of crisp, clean clothes and shopping IRL
- Nag Champa-but you can just get some incense to do this
- The Bodega-Salami, Pastrami, Chopped Cheese with a touch of coffee, infused with essence of the carrot juice
- The Big Black Magic Markers of the 1970’s. Good way to get everyone high at your next party. Those markers were Potent!
- Chanel Nail Polish-similar to the Big Black Magic marker, but more luxurious
- Little Italy NYC-Pizza, Pasta, and the sweet scent of the Cannoli filling with a touch of powdered sugar
For some the scent of a crisp, clean pair of kicks is a wondrous moment for others more of a WTF instance. Either way, I bet this candle is Sold-Out by the time you read this blog post.
Promotional Idea: Have your readers/listeners/follower give you 5 of their favorite ingredients they would like to see in a fragrant candle. Then choose the most delicious or most creative. And have 100 of them made. Give the winner a couple and sell the rest on your website in the Limited Edition 1-100. Makes for a fun promo and a couple extra bucks in your pocket.
What do you think of the Sneaker candle? What Scent would you like to see made into a candle? Let us know in the comments section below.
See you on the Streetz…blog!
Fast & Furious F9 screeches to Theaters (soon)
The Fast and The Furious franchise continues with Fast & Furious 9 AKA F9 set to release in May 2021. Hopefully on the Big Screen. This set of movies is really only awesome when you watch it on the Big Movie Screen. Or you can watch the 4.5 hour F&F on TBS and not go to bed till 2am. LOL Actually not that funny, I’ve done it a couple times and had lots of trouble waking up for work the next day. And I have probably seen Fast & the Furious Tokyo Drift 12x. I like the music, vibe, fashion, style, cars, and of course the drifting. What’s your favorite F&F movie? Let us know in the comments section. (Author’s Note: I own a black Mitsubishi Lancer from watching the Fast and the Furious movie Franchise)
F9 is set in London, Georgia (hmm) and Thailand. Looks like a mix of F&F, Mission Impossible with a bit of James Bond mixed in. The star Power is pretty impressive: Vin Diesel, John Cena, The Rock, Jordana Brewster, Paul Walker, Tyrese, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, Charleze Theron, Kurt Russel, Eva Mendes, Lil’ Bow Wow, Even Lucas Black (NCIS) from Tokyo Drift is back!
AND from the looks of the trailer below, Sung Kang/Han Lue returns from the dead in F9. He’s one of the most fun characters, but I swear he died in Tokyo Drift, but keeps making appearances every couple of years. Last time, he made an appearance, I think they said it was a “prequel”. This time, who knows where he came from? Hope they just think we forgot and he’s just back IRL and not just a mirage, vision or nightmare of Dom’s. I like Han, he usually shows up just in time to provide some snacking levity, right when the movie gets too intense.
There’s even one rumor circulating on the net that Han’s body was taken by Eteon who used Highly advanced Cyber-Punk enhancements to transform him into a living, “breathing” import car driving, fighting machine. That doesn’t quite sound like the Han we know. We’ll just need to wait to find out how Han is back again when F9 comes out either on our TV or hopefully at the theater.
And for those who may have forgotten Letty passed away in Fast & Furious. She was awakened from her “death” in another movie with a bit of amnesia. You know, it might just be like the Batman and Spiderman movies. Time doesn’t really exist, it just morphs around. Let’s just hope that theaters can hang in there long enough for James Bond and F9. The movie theater is the only and best place to watch these two action packed, well-renowned franchises. BTW: The Matrix 4 brings back some people who we thought died, but the Matrix world is already rigged for time and space not to exist, it’s already in the 10th dimension of reality.
In the 1990’s on Lexington parallel to Broadway in Soho and Noho, existed a nice row of stores: Supreme, Triple Five Soul and XLarge. Back then, it was near impossible to catch a cab from Soho back to Mid-town. So, I’d find myself wandering in the near freezing December temperatures, in and out of these stores and others mostly for warmth. Little did I know that I should have been buying up inventory to sell in the lucrative Vintage clothing era of 2021.
I do still have one T from Triple Five Soul, I gave away my XLarge flannel, mainly cause it was too Big on me and I never bought any Supreme. I didn’t really felt safe in there back then. Maybe my age or was all in my imagination.
Get Fast, Get Furious with XLarge Hoodies and T’s
The Iconic Lexington Ave NYC store, XLarge, now in Japan, has teamed up with The Fast and the Furious for a 2021 collab collections of hoodies, pocket T’s and long sleeved shirts.
Here’s the listing of what you can expect from this collab:
- Dom Toretto/Vin Diesel in full race ready mode
- Suki from 2 Fast 2 Furious
- Twinkie/Lil Bow Wow and Sean Boswell/Lucas Black staring at the over the top bright green Hulk car
- Scene from Tokyo Drift a bit prior to Sean tearing apart Han’s car attempting to race the Drift Master
The Fast & the Furious x XLarge Collab drips and drops this Saturday (1/23/21) AT THE XLARGE stores in Japan and at the ZOZOTOWN on-line shop. Pix of clothing courtesy of XLarge Japan and Hypebeast