Rick Rocks the Dystopian Athleisure Goth
Place: Venice, Italy Date of Show: January 2021 Name of Show: Gethsemane
Paris Fashion week is back and so is Rick Owens. Gone are the abstract art interpretations of his Menswear show. And Back, what he does best. Mostly Black colors with some Dark greys and bits of contrasting whites. This show is what you would expect to see if you thought of Rick Owens the Brand.
Models parading through the smoke and fire in the dystopian VIP line. Lots of nice black clothing. Some dark greys. Slits and slashes, bit of bondage. If you think Rick Owens, this is the show for you. Even the music, may have been repetitive but matched the mood of the clothing line and presentation perfectly. The music and show had a nice Cynamatic style, not to brash, precision flow, right on target.
Even had an ode to Dracula/Vampires with the bellowing black capes. This is how I prefer to see a Rick Owens show. Doing what he does best-Hi-End Dystopian Athleisure Goth. Vibe of show, clothes at show, music, all perfectly match the Rick Owens brand. Well done. A+ Four Stars.
- The gathering area prior to walking the Streetz/Runway. Dope like a VIP line for a nightclub
- The Smoke/the Fire/the Ambiance
- The Setting and Music worked well together
- The Black and Grey Colors of the Clothing. Rick’s best work is done in BLACK. He does not need to change that!
- Bondage straps
- Precision Holes and cuts in the fabrics
- Mask Wearing
- The Finale
I liked this show so much, there aren’t many Lowlights. But because it’s the streetzblog tradition to provide the two, here are the only lowlights.
- The out of place abstract purple puffer jackets
- The white underwear (briefs) Just was not needed and didnt fit any of the rest of the show
- Chunky high heels for men. Just not a fan of them
- The light blue, once again did not fit with the rest, but there wasnt much of it, so its ok
Great Show and Glad that there was a Paris Fashion week 2021. Maybe next year, I can visit in person.
See you on the Streetz…blog