Yohji Yamamoto Runway Show F/W 2020-21 Paris, France January 16, 2020
- 12 Shades of the Color Black
- Attention to detail
- Ease of Flow
- High Class Vagabond
- Distinguished Layers
- Luxe Life Avec Le Comfort
- Well Done
Y-3 Fits on Point
Y-3 Runway Show Menswear Spring/Summer 2019
Sunday June 24, 2018 Paris, France-Musee des Arts Decoratifs
Y-3 is the sporty athlesuire brand designed by Yohji Yamamto in conjunction with Adidas. They tend to stick true to their black and white color palette, with hints of various colors each season. For SS 2019 we see some reds, greens, blues and a tannish beige/Off White. Y-3 is one of Streetzblog’s favorite brands. If we save up $$ for something, it’s usually Y-3, Rick Owens, Off-White or Alexander Wang x Adidas.
There’s plenty of time to save up, the clothes in this video will be ready to wear in Spring/Summer of 2019.
Y-3 enjoys the greatness of being able to work with ateliers in both Tokyo and Germany. Bringing the best of both Countries together. This collection shows the specialty cuts from Tokyo/Yohji Yamamoto with innovative texture of clothing from Germany/Adidas. One of the Hot, New fabrics is used right now (June 2018) by athletes and will be available for all of us to wear in 2019. It’s the lightest Gore-Tex ever made entitled Shakedry.
The Biggest plus from the show are the clothes are getting back to baggy. Flowing, yet crisp Silhouettes. Some leggings inside of bellowing shorts and wide leg pants, which takes us one step further away from the Skinny Jean Fad. And the Kicks are very nice and comfy with the rad Y-3 logo ever present.
This Runway show needs to be watched 2-5x to get the full effect. It’s hard to decide whether the clothes or the kicks are the Star. Both looks are on my Most Wanted List. If you look close at the clothes, you may see the new Y-3/Skull logo. It’s there, just a bit hard to find. See what you think of the clothes and kicks and let us know in the comments section. And if you can’t wait till Spring/Summer 2018, you can get some nice deals (up to 30% off) on the y-3 stacked logo, limited edition James Harden collection or some nice Bashyo’s here at Y3.com
Below are some of the Best looks from the Runway. Pictures courtesy of Vogue.com See more pix here at (Vogue.com) Shakedry name supplied by Vogue and WWD.
See you on the Streetz!
Yohji Yamamoto Fall/Winter 2018/19 Menswear
Newest of the New Number Three
Streetzblog’s quest to find what to wear and what’s trending for Fall/Winter 2018/19 continues with the Yohji Yamamoto F/W 2018-19 Runway show.
Here we go:
Ultra-Baggy, Flowing, Layering
Skirts for men, Cropped, Wide legged, Exaggeration of Proportions
Colors: Black, Grey, White and Red
Suit Jacket x Street-wear x The Victorian Dandy
Textiles, Printed Imagery, Re-Creation
As Count Dracula would dress for a Black Tie Event
I tend to like Blacks, Grey’s and layering. Thus, this is one of my favorite Runway show’s for the Fall/Winter 2018-19 season. Very nice clothing. See you on the Streetz…blog.
SASSY-Definition: Possessing the attitude of someone endowed with ungodly amount of Cool
The video below is the Yohji Yamamoto men’s 2018 spring/summer runway show in Paris on June 22, 2017. Once again, Double Y delivers the goods. Exquisite flow of the tops & bottoms, the appropriate amount of the color black, clothes so comfy looking you may sleep in them, & loose, flowing draped perfectly silhouettes.
Listed below are the Highlights & Lowlights along with the video of the Runway Show. Enjoy!
- The Duo layer on the bottom of the pants
- Super comfortable
- The crisp, clean lines on the straight legged black pants
- Writing on the right side of the jackets to match the left side of the pants
- Baggy, cropped, yet nicely tailored and very comfy black bottoms
- Deconstructed, Reconstructed suit jackets. Some with splotches of paint
- Silver Zippers, oversized Silver chains, and more sweet silver acruements
- Fluid, flow, & fun
- The music is a big off. The Clothes really don’t even need music, they are so good, but they would really sing better with some Loungy-Techno-House.
- The Blues, the off whites and the reds.
Next post will be the finished product of the Mercer Cred Double Cargo Pocket Pants made by Streetzblog for the Fall 2017 collection. See you on the Streetz!
Nice Pants! Fall 2016
The men’s runway shows are bringing us some pretty dope clothes for Fall 2016. In the previous blog we saw some nice jackets and pants from Dsquared2. Today we find some pretty bangin’ pants from Yohji Yamamoto and Dries Van Noten.
- The color black. There will never be a new black. Maybe slate grey, but nah, black will always rule.
- Straps: I used straps on my DIY bomber jacket, Stampd used them in 2015 on their bombers and a pair of trousers. I own a pair of chapters with a couple straps. But this is next level twisting, flipping, turning, cropping, of the black strap. Very nice!
- Layering black on black always a dope look.
- Possible skirts for the mainstream? They don’t quite look like a kilt or a skirt with the layering, so maybe this will be the year?
- And we can see the skinny and super skinny jeans of 2011-2015 finally and definitively moving towards a more bulky, comfortable silhouette. Whew!
Pictures courtesy of Monica Feudi and Vogue.com
Dries Van Noten
- Sweet Pin Stripes.
- Crisp, cool, a bit more bulky than before pin striped shorts. A must have for Fall 2016.
- Once again, The skirt that’s not a Skirt. Layering and changing up the cut could be the breakthrough?
- The layered look.
- Comfort is in. From these 2 runway shows we see just a touch of the more bulky baggier look. In some of the other shows for Fall 2016, the pants are even wider than these. Gonna be a great year for men’s clothing especially pants.
Pictures courtesy of Yannis Vlamos, Indigitalimages.com and Vogue.com
See you on the Streetz! This week, nothing too special, maybe some eating, sleeping, and resting. Before Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl.