Dior Homme Run/Fall 2016
Fall 2016 brings us lots of strapped and black trousers. Some baggy, some tailored straight. This pair is tapered, tailored straight. The strapping is super-cool and very intricate. I would buy a pair right now if I could. Although, It’s toward the end of January 2015 at the moment, Fall 2016 seems like a long time to wait for a pair of pants. Sounds like it’s time for another DIY project.
The Plan of Attack for my DIY Trouser Project
Now that I’m home in HI, I’m thinking I’ll use Silver and Gold safety pins, the straps I have left over from NY and I suspect I’ll do a bit of hand sewing on them. Once they’re finished, I’ll post 1-2 pairs on this blog. If anyone knows where I can get some flo-orange straps, LMK. I think they would look dope on top some black suit pants. See you on the Streetz! This week it’s the amazing NFL Pro Bowl Beach Party and of course the game. If You’re in town, it’s time to get out your (In this order) Best kicks, suntan lotion, 3/4 length shorts and your favorite teams jersey. Feel free to email, text or stop by any of the festivities Friday thru Sunday and say Aloha.
*I also like this model’s shoes, but I doubt I will attempt to make a pair of them. Looks like Fall 2016 will be a great year for real sturdy, stylish shoes and boots.
Stampd Strapped Bomber Jackets
If you can’t wait for the strapped pants, check out these nice strapped bombers by Stampd.
Nice Pants! Fall 2016
The men’s runway shows are bringing us some pretty dope clothes for Fall 2016. In the previous blog we saw some nice jackets and pants from Dsquared2. Today we find some pretty bangin’ pants from Yohji Yamamoto and Dries Van Noten.
- The color black. There will never be a new black. Maybe slate grey, but nah, black will always rule.
- Straps: I used straps on my DIY bomber jacket, Stampd used them in 2015 on their bombers and a pair of trousers. I own a pair of chapters with a couple straps. But this is next level twisting, flipping, turning, cropping, of the black strap. Very nice!
- Layering black on black always a dope look.
- Possible skirts for the mainstream? They don’t quite look like a kilt or a skirt with the layering, so maybe this will be the year?
- And we can see the skinny and super skinny jeans of 2011-2015 finally and definitively moving towards a more bulky, comfortable silhouette. Whew!
Pictures courtesy of Monica Feudi and Vogue.com
Dries Van Noten
- Sweet Pin Stripes.
- Crisp, cool, a bit more bulky than before pin striped shorts. A must have for Fall 2016.
- Once again, The skirt that’s not a Skirt. Layering and changing up the cut could be the breakthrough?
- The layered look.
- Comfort is in. From these 2 runway shows we see just a touch of the more bulky baggier look. In some of the other shows for Fall 2016, the pants are even wider than these. Gonna be a great year for men’s clothing especially pants.
Pictures courtesy of Yannis Vlamos, Indigitalimages.com and Vogue.com
See you on the Streetz! This week, nothing too special, maybe some eating, sleeping, and resting. Before Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl.