Nice Pants! Fall 2016
The men’s runway shows are bringing us some pretty dope clothes for Fall 2016. In the previous blog we saw some nice jackets and pants from Dsquared2. Today we find some pretty bangin’ pants from Yohji Yamamoto and Dries Van Noten.
- The color black. There will never be a new black. Maybe slate grey, but nah, black will always rule.
- Straps: I used straps on my DIY bomber jacket, Stampd used them in 2015 on their bombers and a pair of trousers. I own a pair of chapters with a couple straps. But this is next level twisting, flipping, turning, cropping, of the black strap. Very nice!
- Layering black on black always a dope look.
- Possible skirts for the mainstream? They don’t quite look like a kilt or a skirt with the layering, so maybe this will be the year?
- And we can see the skinny and super skinny jeans of 2011-2015 finally and definitively moving towards a more bulky, comfortable silhouette. Whew!
Pictures courtesy of Monica Feudi and Vogue.com
Dries Van Noten
- Sweet Pin Stripes.
- Crisp, cool, a bit more bulky than before pin striped shorts. A must have for Fall 2016.
- Once again, The skirt that’s not a Skirt. Layering and changing up the cut could be the breakthrough?
- The layered look.
- Comfort is in. From these 2 runway shows we see just a touch of the more bulky baggier look. In some of the other shows for Fall 2016, the pants are even wider than these. Gonna be a great year for men’s clothing especially pants.
Pictures courtesy of Yannis Vlamos, Indigitalimages.com and Vogue.com
See you on the Streetz! This week, nothing too special, maybe some eating, sleeping, and resting. Before Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl.
Posted on January 22, 2016, in Cool, Fashion, Streetwear, Style and tagged Black Pants, Dries Van Noten, Fall 2016, Menswear, Pants, Strapped Pants, style, Yohji Yamamoto. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.