Anna Sorokin x Anna Delvey
Everything you ever wanted to know about Anna x2 and More! UPDATED 3/2/22
An over the top drama filled series on Netflix based on New York Magazine’s “How Anna Delvey Tricked New York’s Party People (2018) by Jessica Pressler. BTW: Jessica also penned Hustler at Scores which turned into the Movie Hustlers starring Jennifer Lopez.
*Get ready for a giant comeback. Anna already got paid $320,000 for the rights to the Netflix story and according to her IG posts, she’s making some major moves now (Feb 2022) Even in the ICE detention Center. Getting paid even more for being Anna. And doing as Anna does. “Think Rich to become Rich” “Conceive, Believe, Achieve” “Where thought goes Energy flows and results are guaranteed” For Anna her number one thought is getting paid and second thought is being famous, she has mastered both.
The Music/The Soundtrack to the Series
The music matches the Netflix series to a T. The lyrics to the songs fit the scenes perfectly. You’ll find the tunes matching the show so perfectly and I’m sure you’ll have your shazaam in over-drive as you watch the series.
To Help you out a bit, here are many of the songs that flow with the show. And some of the scenes the songs are in and the a bit of lyrics and how well they match the theme of the show. Grade A for Music within a Series.
- Megan the Stallion-Rich: Yep Rich and Famous, that’s Anna Delvey & Anna Sorokin.
- CliQ Feat. Alika & Ms. Banks-Google me: “I’m a Big Deal, Google Me” The perfect song for the entire series.
- Cyn-Drinks: “Out with my friend, drinking a drink, Alexa knows the bartender so all the drinks are FREE” Yep, almost always the Anna’s drinks are free and High end.
- Bermuda Kills-New York, New York
- Rico Nasty-Own It
- Bordeaux-Franchise Freestyle-“You need MORE than Google just to find Me” Shows how elusive Anna really is.
- Confidence Man-First Class B*tch: This song sums up the movie perfectly. Anna may have been their Muse
- Daemon Feat. Zach Bishop & Amorie-New York New York. I woke up in the City that never Sleeps Classic line, but matches Anna’s sleeping patterns exactly. For many years she went out all night and slept all day. One of the Best ways to Live your Best Life. Or to think that it’s your best life. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere. Another great classic line, maybe one of the reasons she likes New York better than Paris, Germany or London.
- Frida Kahlo-Lion Babe
- Torren Foot Feat. Tinie Tempah & L. Devine-More Life
- Laura & Nova-Get Creative
- Jhene Aiko Feat. Ty Dola $ign. Party for me. Played while on the Yacht in Ibiza. As we know Ibiza is one Big PARTY!
- Megan the Stallion Feat. City Girls & Hot Girl Meg-Do it on the Tip
- Rony Rex & Carla Monroe-Milk It
- Amanda Feat. Kari Faux-Love em Leave em
- Dumi Maraire & Raphael Lake-Talk about It
- Logic Feat. Wale & John Lindahl-100 miles and Running
- Duckwrth-Unstatus Quo
- Me Gusta with Cardi B & Myke Towers–Anitta
- Dope Saint Jane-You’re Gonna Make it. Song played when the truckload of discovery arrives at the lawyers office. Also when Neff “almost” visits Anna at Rikers Island Prison. How bad do you want it, this bad, this bad” Manifest that sh*t. The song delivers the drive of many social climbers in NYC. And Anna’s ever easy way to manifest places to stay, fancy clothes and lots of cash money!
- seeyousoon-Faster Please: Played as Anna charges up $400,000 on clothes, shoes and sunglasses. Of course it’s on someone else’s credit card
- Jungle-Talk about it. Song played as Anna eyes 281 Park Ave as her home for the ADF location. What I gotta do? To start something new. What I gotta do? To Start living in the sunshine everyday That’s exactly what Anna was planning. Building something new and living Large all day everyday
- Major Lazer Feat. Mo & DJ Snake-Lean On
- Princess Nokia-Harley Quinn
- Robyn the Bank-Sha Bad One
- Lewis OfMan-Attitude
- Don Bigg-170kg
- Hot Kicks-CAnt Break my Life
- Missy Elliot Feat. Pharrell Williams. WTF (Where They From) Played while the ladies sauna and drink expensive Champagne.
- Travis Scott Feat. Young Thug & M.I.A-Franchise
- Tkay Madza–Shook
- Daisha McBride-Ballgame
- CHALL-Wow (Look at Me)
Anna Sorokin vs Anna Delvey Characters
- Val is in the series. One of her best friends in the early years. He isn’t real in IRL.
- Chase Sikorski in the series is her boyfriend who has an app called Wake and does Ted Talks. Anna Sorokin’s Chase is most likely Hunter Lee Soik. He or Chase is AKA “The Futurist” Soik is the most likely candidate, although there is still some skepticism. But Soik did move to the Emirates. See below for his TedTalk
- Nora Radford is very RICH and is where Chase, Val and Anna lived for a while. She also mentors Anna and supports the Anna Delvey Foundation. In the series Nora sends Anna out to get take out, but little does Nora know that Anna is buying up thousands of dollars of designer duds (on the TV show the bill is $400,000). This Character doesn’t match a real person. Its like an amalgamation of characters.
- Rachel DeLoache Williams in the series Neff says that Anna bought all the fancy clothes that Rachel wears. Rachel in real life paid the $62,000 Moroccan vacation. And as the series culminates, Many cheer for Anna and kinda despise Rachel. In the series they say she may have lost 62K but she made over half a million dollars from her story and other things associated with Anna Sorokin.
- Kacy Duke is the celebrity trainer/Life Coach in the series and IRL. She is the trainer best known for getting Dakota Johnson in shape for 50 Shades of Grey. She is super spiritual and believes the Universe will work everything out in the end.
- Richie Notar in the series and IRL is the co-owner of NOBU. Anna meets him at a special art party in the garden. He got his start in the Biz as busboy at Studio 54. He is part of Anna’s Park Ave project
- Andre Balazs in the series and IRL is famed Hotelier. Think the Standard and Chateau Marmont. He is also part of Anna’s team
- Alan Reed Played by the guy/Anthony Edwards from ER. Alan Reed is based on NY real estate Lawyer Anthony Lance. I love it when he doesn’t get racket court #1 and gets #12. He rolls his eyes and bumps into people like it’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to him. Now this has to be the pinnacle of white privilege. While some of us are out here wondering where our next meal will come from. Mr. Reed almost has a heart attack, when he isn’t VIP anymore. LOL
- Talia Mallay in the series lives in luxurious Hampton’s of the Super Rich, she has a Yacht that Anna and Chase go to. They spend an extra 4-7 days on the Yacht after Talia has left for New York. That was a pretty pricey Yacht. In the show, Talia says an extra week on the Yacht would cost the price of a Tesla! The Talia/Chase/Anna scene is one of the best when Talia calls Ibiza I-b-t-h-a, trying to sound super cool, yet everyone who really is cool, calls Ibiza like it’s spelled IBIZA. There’s also a guy on the Yacht that has the vibe of an overweight Steve Rubell of Studio 54 Fame. Or like a stereotypical 1980s record producer kinda guy. Talia Mallay might be Jayma Cardoso-She is tagged in a picture of Anna on the Yacht in September 2014.
- Vivian Kent is the main Journalist in the TV series. Jessica Pressler actually wrote the New York Magazine article.
- Neff in the series is Anna’s Ride or Die friend. You’ll like Neff, she is loyal to Anna from start to TFN. A great friend to have, no matter who you are. She is the concierge at 11 Howard and a film maker. Her real name is Neffatari Davis.
- 14 George in the movie is really 11 Howard IRL.
- Manhattan Magazine in the show is actually New York Magazine in real life.
- Anna Delvey is the self proclaimed German Heiress’ made up name. Real name Anna Sorokin.
- David Frankel the Director of the Devil Wears Prada directed 2 of the episodes of Inventing Anna
- Rikers Island has 10 Jails, that house up to 15,000 people. They wear Grey and Orange Jumpsuits. Anna continually gets in trouble by trying to tweak her uniform to give it more pop and style.
- Andrew Lance has been ranked as the number one Real Estate lawyer in the country by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Le Cou Cou is the restaurant inside the 11 Howard hotel. It is where Anna orders extravagant menu items not on the menu and charges them to her room. Fact: In 2017 before I went to NYC, I googled Where do the Hot Models and Celebs eat in Manhattan. And Le Cou Cou came up #1. I ended up at the #2 place, an delightful Italian spot with great olives and other foods. But only had about 7 people there and zero models/celebs. Ahh I was so close to becoming friends with Anna.
- Neff Davis is still good friends with Anna Sorokin. She also runs Anna’s Instagram account. And You’ll like this: She said that Rachel got paid back by Amex and made a ton of money off of Anna. Neff is not sympathetic towards Rachel just like the series contends.
- Purple magazine is a artsy fashion magazine run by Olivier Zahm. Who mostly fills the mag with black and white photos of Women he likes.
- Zellige tile is glazed terra-cotta tiles that appear in intricate patterns and bold colors in Moroccan hotels and homes.
- When she mentions one of the Culkin brothers, It could be either one, cause both starred with other stars of Inventing Anna. It’s either Macaulay Culkin from Home Alone Fame, who starred opposite Anna Chlumsky/Vivian Kent in the 90s movie My Girl. Or it’s Kieran Culkin who starred with Anna’s lawyer in Succession.
- Billy McFarland is a con artist and co-founder of the Fyre Festival. He defrauded investors of $27.4 million dollars!
- Delvey’s favorite Tune: Eminem’s Lose Yourself. (Source: Garner in Town and Country magazine February 2022)
- Cup Noodles: What she trades in jail to get more phone time.
Designers & Clothing Brands seen or mentioned in Inventing Anna
- Rick Owens
- Louis Vuitton
- Alexander McQueen
- Michael Kors
- Saint Laurent
- Victoria Beckham
*Anatasia Walker styled Anna for the trial. Here’s a bit about what was happening during the trial:
“Your client seems a little too concerned about her clothing. This is a trial. She’s a defendant,” Kiesel told Spodek. “I’m sorry her clothing isn’t up to her standards. Are you asking me to stop this trial because of the clothing? She’s got to be here.”
The Anna Sorokin Timeline
Anna was born January 23, 1991 in Russia. At 16 she moved to Germany, after High School she went to study fashion at Central Saint Martin’s in London. She quit school went back to Germany for a bit then on to Paris. In Paris she interned at Purple Magazine. Then she went to New York, she said it was easier to make friends in NY than in Paris.
2017 trip to Morrocco for the famed $62,000 Vay-Cay.
July 2017: The past catches up with her. And she owes $12,000 to Manhattan hotels. After attempting ad Dine and Dash from a NYC restaurant, she is arrested and charged with 3 Misdemeanor counts. She skips out on her court date. Shortly later she goes to the Chateau Marmont in L.A
October 2017: Her friend “Rachel” sets her up. While at *rehab she thinks she’s going out to lunch and is arrested in a STING operation by the Manhattan DA’s office. *She conned herself into rehab so that she couldn’t get extradited.
March 2018: New York Magazine prints her story and she becomes extremely INSTA famous! It’s more than a year later when she is found guilty of charges including Grand Larceny. But “Rachel” doesn’t win her case. Go team Anna. Maybe a Karen should be a Rachel. At least that’s what is seems from the TV show, who knows in real life what Rachel is like, I really do not know.
She serves 2 years of a 12 year sentence at Rikers Island. She gets out of jail.
February 2021: Then within a month she surrenders to ICE who puts her in a jail in New Jersey
As of 2/28/22 Delvey is still in Jail in New Jersey. Neff is helping with her social Media and by the looks of it, she is getting even more famous through her IG and thru the Netflix series, Inventing Anna.
I Have Anna Delvey’s Credit Card
Yep, it came inside the February print edition of New York Magazine. Like Anna, it is not cheap. Its a very good crisp, cool, solid credit card. Complete with chip image, secret code and even her Signature. Here is the sample. I carry it in my wallet, looking forward to trying it out at a Steak and Lobster Dinner!!!
Did we forget anything in this article? Will you watching Inventing Anna? Let us know in the comments section. And fill out the survey and let us know who’s team your on?
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a season 2 of Inventing Anna. Per her IG account she’s making some major moves even behind bars. Making Money, getting more and more famous and trying her hardest to Live her Best Life!
Sources: WWD.com, WomensHealth, Inventing Anna TV series, Independent, Marieclaire, The Cut, New York Magazine, Tudum @theannadelvey IG account, Town & Country Magazine (Feb 2022).
Posted on March 5, 2022, in Celebrities, clothing, TV Shows and tagged Best series to watch on Netflix, Bing worthy shows, Great Music in TV shows, Great TV, Inventing Anna, Netflix, Songs in Inventing Anna, Who is Anna Delvey, Who is Anna Sorokin. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.