H&M x ERDEM Short Film (This Years November H&M Designer Collection Update 10/23/17)
Hmmm. The master marketers at H&M are tapping into even me with their glorious films and photos. Dark Grey and Black are my go to colors and the Alexander Wang x H&M was my favorite collection. Didn’t think I would want anything ERDEM with all the flowers I’ve seen. But, alas, they put out a pretty rad looking film and I’m thinking of stopping by H&M on November 2nd 2017 to check the goods.
Recently, I was consumed by the fast paced Biker x Raver Alexander Wang x Adidas Collection. Watching the video over and over, checking the IG every few days and next thing you know, I have a pair of Fluorescent Orange Kicks on my feet. They are super comfortable, but way too bright for me.
Then I watch guys playing street ball in a PSNY Video and Now I have a pair of PSNY x Jordan 15’s, which are quite nice looking, yet nothing I should be buying with a credit card.
Do videos, Film, IG pix get you in the mood to shop? It sure works on me.
This film is done by Baz Luhrmann- He directed Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet, The Great Gatsby, Strictly Ballroom and created the TV show The Get Down.
The Film’s super models include: Saskia de Brauw, Imaan Hammam, Grace Hartzel, Fernando Cabral, Neels Visser and Tony Ward. The music is Hypnotized by Years & Years.
See you on the Streetz or Maybe, Perhaps, I suspect at H&M on November 2nd!
Turn On The Wang Hype Machine
Alexander Wang x Adidas Season 2
On Saturday July 29, you may be in luck to purchase Season 2 of the Alexander Wang x Adidas Collection. If you’re in or around NYC, text this number now: 917-512-7715. When you text it, someone will immediately text you back and ask you where you got the number. Tell them Streetzblog or Vogue and then they will let you know where to go, this Saturday at Noon to get the goods. The text also let’s you know that you’ll want to bring your phone and a credit card.
It’s a pretty fun way to buy some gear. Only catch is you need to live in NY. Similar to the release of the Season 1 Adidas Originals by Alexander Wang. They sold them from Trucks on the streetz of New York.
The collection is influenced by both Rave and Cycling cultures as seen by the video below. And good news is, there will be some of the collection available worldwide on Saturday August 5, 2017. I suspect that it will appear on the Adidas and Alexander Wang websites. That’s just a guess, that’s what they did last time. And things went super quick on those 2 sites. Or eBay will for sure have a lot of what is sold on July 29, 2017.
Have a nice week!
See you on the Streetz!
The Right Way to Wear and Wang It
Pre Show Atmosphere
Looked like more people than usually were allowed at such a show. Crowd was also pretty mixed, Foreign press dressed in long Khaki Rain Coats, The Brunette Fashion Gals all staring at their phones, Some various people looking a bit lost? For some reason and not really dressed for the occasion, Lots of Hi-End Kicks on guys and gals along with the pseudo anti-establishment group in their very new yet slightly beat up Converse Kicks. Looked like FREE cocktails were very available. And with close attention, the best foreshadowing fashion flair I noticed were various people dressed in both Horizontal and Vertical grey and black striped shirts and skirts. Some looked planted and others just were wearing it, maybe to support the AW 10th Anniversary? (Later in the show we will see thicker vertical striped pants in grey and black along with my favorite horizontal brown and black striped pants).
Pre Show Set-List:
- Rihanna-Pour It Up
- Fetty Wap Feat. Monty-My Way
- NAS Feat. Lauryn Hill-If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)
- Rick Ross-Bandz
- Various Drums
- The Weekend Feat. School Boy Q, Rick Ross-Often (Explicit Remix) Mixed up with Sirens to get people to settle into their seats for the Runway Show
- Drake-10 Bands (Lights dimmed then went completely Dark before Start of the Show).
The Hashtags and @ Signs
#AWS16 #NYFW #Alexanderwang #Wang10 @AlexanderwangNY
More Color than I expected. Especially on the Female models, one actually was dressed all in Pink! Overall a fun show with mostly wearable clothes. Horizontal striped pants stood out on the guys. And layered with various textures stood out on the Ladies. Red Shoe laces on some nice looking black and sometimes white kicks were very visible. Here is a snapshot of the Looks.
My Favorite Looks
The Two Looks I Wouldn’t Wear, but Maybe you might Like?
Post Show Graphics and the Iconic AW Catwalk Run & Wave!
So that you can see and feel the full feeling of the evening. Here are some of Video Graphics splashing the walls. Along with the Iconic Alexander Wang Catwalk Run & Wave. Enjoy!
*All Pictures from every picture shown Above were shot via my iPhone5s during the live stream. Some str8t from the show, others had a bit of post editing done to them. I almost feel like I’m in NYC this week. (September 2015)
Celebrities At The Show
- The Weeknd
After Party Performers
- Lil’ Wayne
After Party Sea Shore Blue Jell-O Pop Shots
**The Jell-O Pop Shots picture is originally from the Alexanderwangny Instagram account, with some post editing done in one of my latest apps. (App is entitled Layout if you’re interested in checking it out).
What were your favorites? See you on the Streetz and have an Amazing Week!
The Crystal Ball version of NYFW September 2015
- DKNY: Public School’s Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne are set to show us their first collection for the iconic New York’s own DKNY Brand. Personally, this is a match made in Ultra-Heaven. DKNY was 1 of my favorite brands in the 90’s with their sleek black and maroon/black iridescent suits, black and white color palette. And Public School is my favorite fashion flavor in September 2015. They also use mostly Black and white colors, thus, these clothes will Rock! With the 90’s back in full force in advertising, TV shows, Music and of course Fashion. This could be the best show to watch then wear the clothes. Look for the Black and White color palette and I’m guessing some Flo-Green, Flo-Yellow, and some bright silver mixed in the accenting. This will push the 1990’s vibe even further into 2015!
- Caitlyn Jenner: Big rumour all over the net is not if Caitlyn will show up, but where and what brand will get the publicity? Zac Posen, Diane Von Furstenberg, Givenchy or even Hood by Air? We just need to wait and see. Who do you think it will be?
- Alexander Wang: With his Retirement from Balenciaga, the industry says the pressure is on him for his own Wang Brand. I’d say, What Pressure? His designs for both males and females is always clean, cool and spot on. This will be a home run for both sexes. Look for some nice black clothes with a fantastic, futuristic vibe for both men and women. (At least I hope he has some men’s clothes). And don’t miss Alexander Wang’s re-issue’s of his runway collections on sale at 103 Grand St.
- The IRL Venue and the Virtual Venues: Fashion Week is no longer at Lincoln Center this year. The main shows will be at Skylight at Moynihan Station on West 33rd and Skylight Clarkson in SoHo. It will also have a live stream on giant screens on 14th Street and there is a New York Fashion Week App that will live stream the WME and IMG shows.
- Tech Giant Intel Sponsorship: Amongst other things, look for the flying drones and memory mirrors. As you can guess, this will be the most high tech #NYFW ever. Well, until the next NYFW.
- Shopping: If you’re lucky enough to be in NY September 10-17, 2015, there’s some pretty nifty shpping to be done. Dover Street Market is having an Open house Party Thursdya from 6p-8p with some exclusive DSM x Converse Kicks. this time they come in a pale electric pink (you need to see the color to know what I mean…LOL) tip, with zig-zag futuristic blue on black high tops. The picture I saw did look nice. Refinery 29 will have 29 rooms of fun and frivolity. 15 Huron St. in Brooklyn. And check this out! My Downtown-Chinatown Honolulu neighbors-FLUX Hawaii have a week long pop up shop at Kinfolk 90 project Space and Lounge. Located at 90 Wythe Ave. in Brooklyn. If you go, tell em’ you heard about it on Streetzblog in HI. I took a class a couple of years ago from them at UH. The class was fun and they usually have lots of great SWAG.
Check back here later this week or next on the high and low lights that really did happen. For now, it’s all in our speculative imagination. See you on the Streetz of Honolulu, Hawaii this week and weekend.
Fashion Fun Frantic Frenzy
November 6-9, 2014
Such a fun week to live in Hawaii.
Thursday Morning 5:00 a.m: Alexander Wang x H&M collaboration goes on sale on-line. 7:10 a.m 37th in line at the H&M Store in Waikiki. 8:00 a.m. Everything goes on sale.
The Scuba style Jacket was number one on my list and I was lucky enough to nab the only one hanging in the store. It’s a bit big, but should be fine in NYC in December. Yes, I got caught up in the hype partially from these 2 Alexander Wang x H&M pictures. They got me good.
Thursday Night 8:00 p.m: Jimmy Choo Waikiki Grand Opening Celebration. Attendees dressed up beyond anything I’ve ever seen in Hawaii. The ladies were all in very colorful Versace, Valentino, Calvin Klein and many other designer name brands. With bags from Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Coach, and Prada. Beverages and Food included: Comp Martinis and Champagne with Asparagus/Gruyère Canapes. Good thing it was too busy to shop, I really don’t need any more kicks at the moment. And I’m on one of those shopping fasts until 12/17/14.
Friday Night 5:30 p.m: A big goal for me and maybe for you is to get to NY Fashion week sometime. This year, Honolulu did a Honolulu Fashion Week. So, I signed up to volunteer. On Friday night, I was one of the Ushers at the Art of Fashion: The Best of Neiman Marcus and the Kini and Dinko Spring Summer 2015 Runway Shows. It was quite fun, I helped people find their seats, saw many people I haven’t seen in years, met some new friends, saw a bunch of people I only see on Social Media and got to see both shows up close and personal. Here’s some pictures from the Runway Show: The Art of Fashion: The Best of Neiman Marcus. These are courtesy of Matt a fellow usher who knows how to take a nice picture.
And Wow! This cracks me up. Every time I watch a Runway Show on the internet I can’t believe how many people use their phones to take pictures from the front rows of the shows. And guess what? I used my iPhone 5s to take pictures of the 2 Runways shows. In one respect the shows were so good, I’d love to share some real pictures of the exquisite designs. In another, some of these are pretty trippy. I didn’t filter or edit any of them and the models some how look like ghosts or like their image was taken away via Photoshop and replaced by WHITE. Let’s just categorize them as art and that should work.
Super nice post show festivities included the opportunity to get a picture with Kini Zamora. Kini is from Kapolei, HI, He did extremely well at Project Runway Season 13 and along with Dinko Satto, he designed and produced the Kini and Dinko Fashion line. The collection was very good. Sporty-Chic, utilizing similar scuba style neoprene as Alexander Wang x H&M. Also had some other nice fabrics, vibrant whites with blacks, and exquisite draping. And to my surprise, Kini and Dinko had both Men’s and Women’s clothing. I’m sure you can find some nice pictures from the show by Googling Kini and Dinko Hawaii 2014. There were many pro photographers at the show.
A couple more pictures from Friday November 7, 2014:
2nd Annual look at what’s Hot Memorial Day Monday
As a blogger I get stats and in these reports I can tell what people like to read the most. On Streetzblog, the biggest article ever was on the type of headphones Michael Phelps wore during the Olympics. Second most read is anything about Jordan’s tied with Luxe Life Kicks, Next up is What’s Hot Memorial Day Monday 2013. So, here is the 2nd annual look at what’s Hot on Memorial Day Monday.
- The M2Malletier-Le Fleur Du Mal Clutch: This ladies handbag has the most radical looking handle. To me it looks like industrial metal used in a modern-day closet of the Rich and Famous. Others think it looks like a gold chopstick. The designers call it a Needle inspired by medieval armor. Celebrities from Eva Mendes to Cate Blanchett to Jessica Alba to Kate Hudson have been seen rocking this modern must see and must compliment clutch. I’m not really the official dude for hand bags, but I would call it this season’s IT bag. Looks so innovative, slick and in the moment-It’s gotta’ be the IT bag of the moment. The M2Malletier-Le Fleur Du Mal Clutch can be your very own arm candy for $1,520 at net-a-porter.com
- Frends Headphones: Pink, light blue, dark blue, black and yellow iridescent headphones. If you want to be seen and stand out from the crowd this is a great choice for you. Rock to the Beat for $199.99 at shopBAZAAR.com
- ASOS Iridescent Fabulous Platform Sandals: These totally match the Frends Headphones. Purple, flo-green, pink, and light blue iridescent colors. With what looks like a white Vibram sole (Actually a Durable Flat Form Sole). Get your pedicure done then get your sandals for $76.22 at ASOS.com
- Saint Laurent (Without the Yves) By Hedi Slimane Sunglasses: This hip pair of lucite luxury has a golden honey hued lens and frame. These would go perfect with a pair of Marc Jacobs Bronzed Brown patent leather kicks. If you want the Luxe-Life Look in minutes, this is the pair of sunglasses made just for you! Keep the Sun out of your eyes and the neighbors checking you out for $324 at solsticesunglasses.com
- Louis Vuitton Yellow Bowling Bag: If you haven’t seen this handbag in the hands of Michelle Williams I guess you haven’t been reading any paper magazines lately. This bag is in practically every Women’s Fashion Mag out there. It does look nice, even nicer modeled by the sexy Michelle Williams. It has 3 zippered compartments and is part of the L.V Mongram Empreinte collection. It would match nicely with the Honey Hued Saint Laurent Sunglasses. Get your stand out Citron yellow luxe-life bag for $2,530 at Louusvuitton.com
- Alexander Wang Parental Advisory Sweatshirt: Sheer Stripe Knit Neoprene Sweatshirt featuring the infamous Parental Advisory Explicit Content wording laser cut into the fabric. Get your translucent and lucent gear for $995 at Alexander Wang.com
- Dior Homme in Hawaii: Memorial Day typically kicks off Summer and according to Modern Luxury Magazine, Dior Homme is coming to Hawaii this Summer. Creative Director Kris Van Assche plans to release a collection intertwining the tuxedo and the beach. Sounds like fun! I need to get my name on the guest list for this grand opening. dior.com