Thom Browne Men’s Fall/Winter 2014-15 Fashion Show
Like two shows in one. First half is various shades of grey. Second half is the Court Jester Balloon jacket and pants show. Enjoy!
- Grey: There is still time before Fall/Winter 2014-15 to get your grey on. This show validates a theme we’ve been talking about on Streetzblog for a while now. Grey or shall we say Gray? is the BIG color for Fall/Winter 2014-15. Here we see many different shades, various materials and even a grey plaid fish shown to us all many times throughout the show.
- Textile Mix Tape: OnTrend with the mixture of different types of plaids, shades of grey and other types of materials all in one look. It maybe an ode to the Eco Friendly Fashion Future of re-purposing clothes or just looks very hobo-chic Ala Mode of the moment. Either way, it’s way Dope!
- Built in BackPacks: Ok, so this is taking the Back-Pack to another level. First they look like the back packs blend into the jackets. Then it seems that they are actually built right into the jackets. Either way, very cool. Nice subtle eye-catching detail. Hey-you wouldn’t lose or forget to bring your gear with you when it’s always with you built into your jacket. Nice for the multi tasking always on the move 21st century man.
- Setting: The Magical Forest? Alice in Wonderland? An ode to the upcoming Grey, Gray World? Interesting, the fish and other animals are quite fun to see. Not sure about the animal hats and head dressings on the models. It does give the runway a bit more of a theatrical presence, just a bit scary.
- Shoes: Grey with black soles. Time for a change from the Black Kicks with White soles. Just when I thought I didn’t need another pair of shoes and these are getting ready to come out. I would like to try a comfortable high top with a cushy black crepe sole. My feet still hurt and I really do need to find something that is comfortable. Thom sure isn’t being understated about the Grey trend. It’s seen everywhere from Jackets to Trousers, Fish to Shoes. Grey will be the new black for Fall/Winter 2014-15.
Hot Models, Chic Clothes, & Styling Shoes..Such a Wonderful way to Shop
This is such a fun runway show, I couldn’t resist posting it. For the Chanel Fall 2014 Paris Collection, Karl Lagerfeld held the show at the Grand Palais at the Chanel Shopping Center..a Giant Costco-Esque supermarket or as the French would say Super Marche. It’s time to stop Channel Surfing and start Chanel Shopping!
This is a Spectacular, Tres-Chic, fun show to watch. The Highlights that really stood out for me, other than the awesome setting are:
- The Multi-Colored oil slick sneakers (Easier to walk in while shopping than heels).
- The just under the knee Silver chrome accented boots and later on in the show a pair of similar bronze version.
- The small stylish metal grocery baskets. The little black CC Purse and the Luxe-Life CC necklaces and adornments.
- The Silver-Metallic Dress. It looks a bit like Chain metal. I like that look.
- The Over-Sized Silver and Gold Pop-Top Necklaces.
- The Big Black Headphones.
- The necklaces with the Giant Bicycle/Locker Padlocks dangling from them. I think I could rock one of those…
- My favorite outfit is the grey jacket and pants with the many holes in them. Very unexpected, yet such an excellent look.
- And I love it in the end when the models actually shop and the one man model in the show is carrying one of the models many, many Chanel Shopping bags. So funny!
Colors included Black (of course), Some light pink ensembles, a bit of orange, a few outfits with many, many colors in them and of course the Biggest trend for Fall 2014, the obsequious Grey Color. Women and Men will be seeing a lot of Grey this Fall 2014 and Winter 2015. It seems to be in every show in some way shape or form. When is that 50 Shades of Grey movie coming out anyways? The First time I checked it was November 2014, Second time I checked it was around Valentines Day 2015. Either one fits the time-table of the color grey for Fall 2014 or Winter 2015.
Hey-does anyone know why Grey is spelled Grey and other times Gray? I don’t get it. I tend to like Grey. Which outfit or shoes did you like the best? Did you spot any of the “Where’s Waldo” types of intricacies in the show..maybe the +50% Sale Sign? The Hefty-Bag Coat or the Little Black Tea? The more you watch the more fun you can have with this show. LMK what you find and let us all know in the comments section? I’m sure there is much more to find in your favorite Chanel Shopping Aisle. Jambon anyone? Have a Great Monday!
50 Shades of Grey is one of the biggest book trilogy’s of all time. Last I checked over 40 million were sold! I’ve been meaning to do a trend report for fall color fashion for a while now and I was gonna’ post a bunch of cool grey clothes and let you know that grey or gray is the color for Fall. Well, I figure it would be more fun to see if I could find 50 ways to say the word Grey and find fashions that used these words. After almost giving up twice, I think I did it. Listed below are many ways to say Grey in the fashion and street culture world. Hopefully You’ll have fun reading all the great words and maybe you’ll find a new street brand or two to check out later this week.
And BTW, as I was looking for ways to say grey, I noticed three pretty big trends for fall: The color grey because of the book and the fact that fall is just a few weeks away, the fashion mags pushing the color purple, and CAMO is coming back in a Big, Big Way! Green and grey camo, flourescent camo, Grunge 90’s camo, Neon camo, camo on wing tip hi top shoes, bright camo on top of dull colors. One of my favorites back again!
50 ways to say Grey and the matching street culture merchandise:
- GRAY with an A: at Express.com 35 Items!
- CHARCOAL: Gap-City by the Bay T
- IRON: Rag&Bone NYC-Basic Tee
- GUNMETAL: Finally-Snoop Dogg Tank available at Topshop
- MOONLESS NIGHT: Gap-with their solid Oxford button down shirt
- MIDNIGHT: Rag&Bone-Grosvenor Waistcoat
- GRAPHITE: Obey-Juvee Jean
- GRANITE: Free People-The Printed Seamless Leggings
- PEWTER: Vans-The style 31 Sneaker
- HEATHER ONYX: VINCE Zip up Hoodie
- BOTTLE: Topshop-Moto Pyramid Stud Jamie Jeans
- CARBON: Elwood-Drifter Jeans
- RESIN RINSE: VINCE-Straight Leg Jeans
- HEATHER SHADOW-HEATHER SLATE: VINCE-Breton Stripe Cashmere Hoodie
- HEATHER SLATE: VINCE-Stripe Cashmere Sneaker
- HTHR CHARCOAL: J.Crew-Ludlow two button suit jacket wt double vented back in Italian wool
- MERCURY: J.Crew-Vintage Cord Pants in relaxed fit
- SMOKE: Spiewalk-Ash Field Coat
- DEEP HARBOR: J.Crew-Sunfaded Chino in Classic Fit Color
- CHARCOAL WAX: Comune-The Davis Jean
- SPECKLE BLACK: Crooks and Castles-The BullyBikerButtonDown Shirt
- BLACK ROCK: AH by Android Homme-The propulsion HI Sneaker
- BOULDERS: Kazbah-Fyasko Shirt
- CASPER: Kazbah-191 Unlimited Long Sleeve shirt
- SLATE: RVCA-Toiler Jacket
- COAL: Cheap Monday-Tight Fit Jeans
- CEMENT: KR3W-K Slim Fit Erik Ellington Jeans
- LITHIUM WHEEL WASH: Analog-Creeper Jeans
- TUMBLED MERLIN: Levis-508 Jeans:
- H CARBON: VINCE-Peacoat Sweater and double-faced top coat
- GRAVEL: Vans-V66 Slim Fit Jeans
- STEEL: Puma-Heritage Wind Jacket
- POOL: Gravis-Arto Sneaker
- LEAD: Adidas-AR 2.0 Sneakers
- ALUMINUM: Adidas-Ar 2.0 Sneakers
- STONE: HUF-Mateo Sneaker
- DARK SHADOW: Vans Footwear-The 106 Vulcanized sneaker
- WILD DOVE: Vans-The Sk8 hi Sneaker
- NICKEL: Alexander Wang-Zippper Sunglasses
- DUSTY BLACK: Obey-The World Tour Cut off Armhole Tank
- MINERAL: Obey-The Push Peace Tee
- STORMY SEA: Obey-The Waves Tube Skirt
- NIGHT: Funktional-Slash Leggings
- PEWTER ANIMAL: Dittos-The Dawn Mid Rise Skinny pant/pany
- SHADOW: J.Crew-Wallace and Barnes Slim Fishtail Pants
- DARKNESS: Denimocracy Anarky knit Sknny Pants
- ALUMINUM: Sol Republic-Amps HD Headphones
- BLACK SPECKLE: All Day-the short sleeve Henley
- GUNNY: Supra-Vaider Sneakers
- STONE WASHED METAL: Palladium-Pampa Boot
- STEEL: Puma-Blaze of Glory LWT Sneaker
- BLACK ICE: Creative Recreation-Cesario Sneaker
- BLUE NITE: Sebago-Docksides Boat Shoes
And here are the grey names that I just made up over the last hour or two. Some would work well as colors for the 50 Shades of Grey clothing deals. *According to an article on vogue.co.uk, the 50 Shades of Grey author E.L James has 3 clothing deals coming up. These are with Freeze Clothing, Briefly Stated and HYP.
- Used Nail
- Seattle Sky
- Dirty Pigeon
- Denim Rail
- Dodge and Burn Black
- Slippery Skate Ramp
- New Year’s Day
- Lake Michigan
- Tarnished Bullet
- Acid Rain
- Industrial Storm
- Old Screw
- Silver Medal
- Crushed Saw Blade
- Dirty Martini
- Indian Nickel
- Nuts and Bolts
- Chicago Slush
- New York Hail
- Blurred Black
- Blank DVD
- MacBook Pro
- Change Without Pennies
- Frog Pond
- Hapa Black
- Winter Sidewalk
- City Sky
BTW: Today, Hawaii Five-O was shooting a show down the street from where I work. They were right in front of Soho on Pauahi near Bethel in Downtown Honolulu. I like to be respectful of what they were doing, so I won’t tell you about the scenes that were filmed. But I will tell you that to do the shoot, the day before I noticed 4-5 booths being set up. I thought that they were for an HPU Fun Fair or something. Come to find out, they were built specifically for the set of today’s #H50 shoot. They had a shave ice stand, a fruit stand and 2-3 others-Amazing!
It was fun to watch some people who were either in a hurry or didn’t notice the cameras trying to go over to the stands for lunch or dessert..LOL
And of course, if you have any great ways to say grey, leave us a comment or send an email.. Have a Great Day!