What’s Up Cali, Hawaii and England!
Today is full of vids from people I know and like. With Summer in full Effect, here’s a nice soundtrack to kick your day up a notch or 2. First up is Quiz ft. Alex Simone with Living for the Summer. Quiz is a bit of a sneakerhead like me, so make sure you check his kicks in the vid. (Note: I try to keep my blog pretty unexplicit, but today friends are doing the songs-And I want to hook them up with some SB exposure. So just warning you, there could be a few naughty words. Be prepared, there’s not many, but there are some).
I’m Not a Player, but I know a few.
Of course, what comes next is the OG version of the tune by Quiz. It’s Ice Cube with It Was a Good Day. Always a nice song to bang up loud when you might be feeling a little down.
Keeping in the LA vibe. Here’s Walter French with the City #LA ft. Glasses Malone and AV. If you go back to Quiz’s vid, you can see Walter doing a little cameo, sippin’ a bit of OJ from the red cup. And since we do a lot of Fashion and style posts on streetzblog. Many of you may really dig some of the outfits the ladies are wearing. I’m liking the bright colors of the clothes and especially the hats & hair. Nice, styling looking ladies.
Now back to Hawaii, it’s Kaipo Kapua with issue #9 of CAR-E-OKI with Common Kings. I can’t believe they’ve made 9 of these already. When do they sleep?
And closing the 2015 Summer Daylist-Playlist off, we head to England with one of my favorite’s of the Summer. It’s the Chemical Brothers ft Q-tip with Go. For some reason the bass line and hook on this just makes my day. Words a bit simple but the production on this will even make your computer sound like it’s been hacked by a Marshall Stack or a Beats Pill.
Have a nice week. See you on the streetz. Hoping your day is Fun and Fabulous! #rockstarliving
It’s Gotta’ Be The Shoes
- Plan Your Week Work your Plan: There are so many places to go, be, eat, drink and schmooze during Pro Bowl Week in Hawaii, you need to have a plan. Between NFL sanctioned events and Club events, I’ve counted 15 places within 7 days of I would like to go to. That’s pretty hard to do, so I’d recommend either making a paper list or using the notes area on your mobile to make a list of the places you want to be. Make them in order of most favorite to your maybe’s and take it from there. From Experiene, “I’ve been to so many events during Pro Bowl Week that I’ve actually needed to nap during the actual game, which is just plain lame”. Oh, And if you can, take the Monday after Pro Bowl off from work-you will need the rest.
- Wear comfortable Shoes: This is probably worse for me than you. But I tend to Rock my favorite kicks of the year during this special week. A different pair each day of the week. By the night of the Block Party (Saturday Night before Sunday’s Game) My feet are aching, a little bloody and slightly purple. Pick 2 days to wear your best kicks, save your rarest find of the year for Game-DAy, the rest of the week wear whatever doesn’t hurt. Over Christmas vacation, I picked up a pair of black Doc Martins with FLAT rubber soles and for some reason, these don’t hurt my feet and they practically go with everything. *Make sure you get the flat soles, I’ve had 3 other pairs of Docs throughout the years that looked great, but hurt my feet the next day so bad I could barely walk.
- Show Up Early: Wherever you choose to be during PBW, go early. It’s the best time to catch a player, get a good parking spot, better seat, or even no line at the Club. If you’re going to the Official NFL Block Party, I recommend either getting to this early or getting a hotel in Waikiki. Earlier in the night, it’s really nice to see the sunset, watch the Spectacular NFL Displays decorated throughout the street and really just enjoy a leisurely stroll through all of the magic of the evening. Later in the night, it can take over half an hour to get from one end to the other because of the huge crowd. This is also a place to make a plan, check ahead on which stage the bands and DJ’s you like will be playing and be at that stage for their performance. It can get pretty confusing as the night gets late on where everyone is playing. Early next week, I’ll add the schedule and full information on the entertainment at this years Block Party. (See bottom of Blog posting Tuesday). You’ll also want to show up early at this years game, you’ll want to go to the Official or non Official tail-gate party, get some parking, maybe relax or take a nap. Then head into the game and listen to the DJ’s Rockin’ it at each of the 4 main gates. You’ll want to get early so yo dont miss the pre game activities. The Pre Game festivities are quite nice especially when they fly the miliatry aircraft over head, Fire up the Fireworks and don’t miss this year’s half time entertainment with Fall Out Boy singing “Light it Up”.
- See Through Bags are a must: At this year’s game, you will only be allowed to bring your things in with a see through bag. You can either buy one at HERE with your team’s logo on them or bring a BIG zip-lock. Some exceptions will be made on this bag rule if you have medical conditions, but make sure you know to bring a see-through bag this year. I’m so silly I change my clothes 3 times during the Pre Game, each quarter and post game, I myself need to think of a layering plan. I tend to wear my professional work Aloha shirt to the Tailgate party, then switch into whatever the newest shirt I’ve designed for the first half of the game, then I change into my DJ Sniper Wells Bears Jersey for the last half of the game. This year, my plan is to just Layer it, hope it’s not too hot..LOL. Hey and be prepared, this year is unconferenced, which means it’s not going to be AFC/Red vs NFC/Blue. You may need some new flourescent green or orange gear for this years game. Oh, and don’t wear a college jersey or a basketball jersey, many of the rowdy fans will for sure harass you in the parking lot. And it is fun to wear your favorite football team, an Easy and Cool way to meet new friends and possibly a date for Sunday night! *For More information on bags at this years Pro Bowl click here
- Wear Sunscreen: Even though you may not be at the beach, the sun is just as HOT and will burn you even on cloudy days. It’s no fun to be burnt on game day.
- Spotting Players: I know this may sound funny, but the easiest place to spot players is on their rented mopeds on Kuhio Ave. Other easy places to spot them are at the Nightclubs or if you really want to see someone, Splurge on a room at the Marriott or the Aulani out in Ko Olina/Ihilani. But try to be really nice. The reason they don’t stay in Waikiki anymore is too many people followed them around with big books of pictures and photos to get autographs. Oh, and check back here or the newspapers, on-line because every once in a while they do some signings at a Hotel, a Gas Station or some other sponsor location, you just need to be on the look-out fo these announcements. Other than that the next best place to see a player up close is at one of their open practice sessions or at Ohana Day Saturday Morning at Aloha Stadium (8:30 a.m – 11:30 a.m) You should also be able to see Fall Out Boy sing a song or two at Ohana Day. typically the main act at the Pro Bowl performs a song at Ohana Day.
- Get your souvenirs Early: Hey you know as I do it’s an island and on an island there’s only so much inventory here, then it’s gone. They used to have the best selection at the Hilton Hawaiian Village early on in the week. This year the official hotel has changed to the Sheraton, so I will check but would suspect that the Sheraton will have some nice Pop-Up stores early in the week. Other than that early evening during the block party is a great place to pick up gear, or Ohana Day still has lots of if not most of the most sought after goods. If you wait until game day, buy your stuff before the game or in the first quarter, by the 4th quarter, there’s barely anything left. Buy Early! *In past years, there can tend to be a sale at one of the hotels in Waikiki where things are discounted, but sizes and the best selections are hard to find, I wouldn’t wait for this possible sale. Buy Early.
For Official NFL Sanctioned Events Information. Go here
Luda, Pro Bowl, Steve Aoki,WF all in the HI
January is one of the best month’s to be in Hawaii. The Biggest Event is the NFL Pro Bowl on Sunday, January 27, 2013. There are also many concerts and events that are in “conjunction” with the Pro Bowl and many that just happen because sooo many people want to be out here for the action. Here’s a quick Snippet of what to expect over the next month or so:
Ludacris In Concert: Saturday January 12, 2013
You know him from his music or for sure you know him from Fast & The Furious. He’s on Isle today and playing Tomorrow at the Blaisdell. And BTW: Fast and the Furious 6 is due out Memorial Day! Here’s the Vid for “Get Back”
Honey Cocaine w/ DJ Carisma, Jazi, DJ Rellevant and Lil P Da Keeper: Friday January 18, Bar 7
This is Tyga’s Featured female artist. The one with the name that will be like some of my tattoos when I hit 75. Here’s Tyga with Honey Cocaine with “Heisman” Part two:
Next up is Eat The Street-Pro Bowl Style: Friday January 25, 2013
Lot’s of time on this blog I just act like I know a bit about something when I really do know a Lot about something. I just like to stay a bit on the DL. This time, I’ll brag a bit. I know the NFL folks and my friend down the hall from me at work knows the Eat the Street peeps. So, I married these two up together. So, I’ll take credit for this one. On Friday night prior to the Pro Bowl, there’s gonna’ be a BIG Food Truck Party and Streetz Event. All with pro Bowl Style including a performance by I.A and UV, cheerleaders, mascots, music, free Pro Bowl Tickets and I suspcect a few players will be there.Instagram #eatthestreet to win free Pro Bowl tickets. And Check Streetzblog out @streetzpix
If you go, Let me know if you liked it or not? Listed Below is the flyer with most of the info on it:
The NFL Pro Bowl Block Party: Saturday Night January 26, 2013
This is real new, real fresh, real BIG news and you’re probably reading it here first! Steve Aoki will be playing on the Power 104.3 Stage. Yep, Steve Aoki, the stage diving, crowd surfing superstar DJ who usually plays in Vegas will be at this year’s Waikiki Block party.
Also appearing at the NFL Pro Bowl Block party are Nesian 9, Maoli, Kapena, Kalapana, Cheerleaders, NFL Players, Mascots and my man-Walter French, who can be seen in the next video entitled “Bounce That” with Hawaii’s Hip, Hype N’ Rhymin’ Style Ace – Romeo Valentine
And the last bit of information I have for you today is Hawaii’s IA stopped by the station wearing some sweet Carolina Blue, Flo Green Jordan Retro 3’s and he let me know that he’ll be droppin’ a new VID this Sunday. Also received his latest CD-Flyght808 which has a tune on it called “Go the Distance” that’s getting a lot of hype supporting Hawaii’s own and Notre Dames Star Manti Teo!
Today I had a bit too much paperwork to do at work, so sorry I didn’t leave many links to tix or where things are at, if you can’t find something just leave a comment or text me at 808 479 9928 and I’m sure I can lead you in the right direction. See you on the HI Streetz!
Last Blog posting, we told you about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West (The Kanyashians) being in town. Today, we found out that more Kardashians are coming to town soon. From an exclusive from Life and Style Magazine, which I found through hawaiifiveOonline.wordpress.com, Kendall Jenner is coming to town to shoot some scenes for her acting debut on CBBS’ Hawaii Five-O.
According to Life and Style, Kendall will play a sales assistant in an episode set to air in October, that means she should be in Hawaii soon. And since she is 16, at least one of her famous parents will be joining her on the trip. So we’ll be seeing Kendall Jenner and either or maybe both Bruce and Kris Jenner in town soon too! BTW: Hawaii Five-O should be gearing up for a mid September Sunset on the Beach. Rumors are brewing. We’ll bring you the details (if it does happen) soon. And two weeks ago, I forgot to tell you, but my friend bumped into Mike Brown the Head Coach of the L.A Lakers. He was staying down at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. My friend said he was really cool and he got a picture with him. That of course he forgot to send to me. I’ll admit it, most of my friends are pretty flaky. But, most do come through, just on Hawaiian time.
More #celebsigtings by me about an hour ago, I was walking down Fort Street Mall and bumped into musician Walter French and DJ Romeo Valentine. Walter’s doing well, he’s in town to open up for the Big TYGA show next Thursday August 23rd at the blaisdell. Hit up Romeo Valentine if you’re looking for some tix, He’ll be over at Summer Wonderland Saturday night.
This weekend, I’ll be in Chinatown on Saturday looking for fashion and kicks on the streetz. If you’re around say “HI” and I’ll get a few snapz of you and what you’re wearing. See you soon. Have a Great Weekend!!
Here’s walterFRENCH with BAKE:
Kim Kardashian tweeted this picture. She say’s that she is in Hawaii on Vacation and calls this picture “Happy Sunday” After I saw it on Twitter, I asked around and my LIVE not read on the net this time sources say: “She is currently in Hawaii with Kanye West who is busy recording and finishing up his album which is due out hopefully before December!”
Then I asked my other source and he said “Apparently ‘Two Chainz’ is also here recording tracks. Word has it that Beyonce and Jay Z are coming to join Kanye and Kim”.
Now there is a very exclusive recording studio about 5 minutes from where my dad lives near Koko Marina in Hawaii Kai that is for sure and that is probably where they are most of the time, at least that’s where Kanye most likely is hanging. Me, I work at 6 radio stations and know 2 people who know the people that run this “studio” but for some reason, I have yet to me invited for a tour. I have driven by it and it is hard to find, kind of like the old Batman and Robin TV show, hidden under some trees, practically under the water in a corner with gates and high security. Maybe one day, I’ll get an invite, I’d be happy to leak a few beatz to a track if Jay-Z, Beyonce, Two Chainz or Kanye would like it? Up to you guys? Or I can stop by and keep everything quiet if you like, I can keep a secret 100%. We could always talk Kicks, I bet I have almost as many as Jay-Z and Kanye, hey maybe we can trade some too. I wear size 10 and have a pair of size 8 and size 13 Lebron firstGame kicks I’d love to trade or sell to someone.
On the subject of Celebs, a third source of mine got to check out the video shoot of the upcoming Tyga Video. Don’t forget Tyga is coming to town next week on August 23rd, along with Walter French and Glasses Malone. Both to really nice, solid guys. I don’t know Tyga, but suspect he’s pretty cool if he has Walter and Glasses opening up for him. Hit up Romeo Valentine if you need some tix. His email is: email@example.com Let him know that streetzblog sent you and I’m sure he can hook you up with something..maybe some after party tickets..LMK what he says.
Wow, I sure got side-tracked tonight. I wanted to post up Kim then do a couple of polls. I guess I really must want to go to that Bat-Cave studio sometime. Here’s the polls.. First is do you think Kim looks hot or not in this shot. Personally, I like her Salt, Sun and Sand waves in her hair and she looks quite happy1 Second poll is what beach is she at? We all live here and can’t figure it out. I’ve heard everything from Sandy’s to Makaha to Kailua to Hawaii Kai. It’s so bizarre how 20 some people who live here can’t figure it out? I don’t know either, to me it looks like a neighbor island or the North Shore. So please fill out this poll or the other or both.
BTW: Last weekend Kim and Kanye were spotted over at Ward and also at a Starbucks somewhere on the island. Let us know if you have a Kim, Kanye, Two Chainz, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Tyga, Walter French or Glasses Malone spotting over the next couple of weeks. Keep your eyes out, there’s not too many places to hide on Oahu. Have an Awesome rest of the week!
Check it Ooouuuut!! walterFRENCH’s newest Vid. I call it “The renegade” for Sprite and BET. Catchy Beat, crisp lyricism, nice black and white vid with sweet transitions. Super fresh vid too-it just released on 7/12/12. And check out Walter’s T, he’s wearing one of streetzblog’s own “How To Make it in NYC” shirts. Thanks Walter!!
When you get a chance Help Walter out with the BET HOT16 2012 and give him a like or two on youtube-TU!
*The HTMIINYC shirts were made in December 2012. Designed and sketched by streetzblog with the Photoshop help of DJ Romeo Valentine. Originally made for the “How to Make it in America” Shirt Contest, but we didn’t make the deadline, so we went ahead and had the shirts made. Only 48 of the black and white shirts were made. Designed in Hawaii, produced in Brooklyn, picked up in NYC, brought to Chicago to Oahu. Hopefully the color version will be out before Thanksgiving. Probably another run of 48.
Here’s an advanced look at the front and back of the color version: