From Couch Potato to Kicks Creator-Vittel’s French Bottled Water Sofa Sneakers
Getting rid of your couch? Wait a second and grab some of the material so that Vittel Brand Water can turn your favorite couch into a pair of fresh, stylish (depends on your couch) newish kicks. The Vittel Couch Converter service is a marketing campaign to help deter the amount of time Europeans spend kickin’ it on their couch instead of kickin’ it on the courts.
Vittel will transform your old Couch/Sofa/Covered Furniture into a pair of personalized running shoes. Here’s the plan of attack: Customers upload a photo of their couch to Vittel’s website, then send in a slice of the fabric and a team of designers use said fabric to create a one of a kind pair of sneakers. Kicks are sent within a few weeks and you can see some of what they’ve already created on their website.
From what I can tell, the shoes are free, but seem limited to the first 10 people per month through August 15, 2015. Most of the Vittel information is in French, German or Japanese, so it’s a little hard to decipher all the details of this fun couch for kicks campaign.
The pictures I’ve noticed on the French Vittel website look pretty fresh, but so do the couches that were provided. Almost too nice to be real. Before you slice and dice your sofa, you might want to read some of the fine print of this promotion.
And whether it’s 60 pairs or 600 pairs of kicks, this will be a fun promotion to watch as the months go along. I think I may check out Goodwill and see what kinds of materials I can find there, then send them some and see what happens.
Since I’m such a big Sneakerhead, I love this promotion. FreeCustom Kicks!! And hopefully it will get some people more active ad healthy. I know that just drinking water each day helps your digestion, hydration, skin, and general health. Throw in a new pair of kicks and you should be good to go. Although, some of these kicks look too good to run in. So far, the kicks I’ve seen, look better to wear to a friends dinner party or a Sneaker Convention.
Check out the video for more of the deets: See you on the Streetz:
“Too Cool For School?”
Men’s Fashion Trends Fall 2013
Taking a Flash-Forward approach to upcoming trends for Fall, here are the NINE various trends seen at the London, Milan, Paris and New York Fashion Weeks. Trends courtesy of and named verbatim by the WWD-February 28, 2013 Edition. With Editorial about the trends courtesy of streetzblog.com
1. Pared-Down Suits: Trousers still looking pretty skinny, yet length depending on where you live and what look you’re going for are either very short & cropped or pretty short & scrunchy. Presently I prefer mine with zero or 2 small pleats, tailored fairly close to my legs with a slight break above the ankle with a ¾ inch Cuff.
2. Volume Coats: I suspect the designers were over doing it a bit here to show the trend. The coats fit at the sleeves but are big, bulky and basically look like they don’t fit. It’s taken my 15 years to realize most of my clothes are way to big. This is one trend I won’t be participating in during 2013. I find the fitted yet comfortable look to be the best at the moment for my clothes and my future winter coats.
3. 3-D Effects: Puffy fabrics, protruding elements, and various depths to one piece of clothing. I suspect this is a look for fashion forward Paris or Milan. Looks a bit retro 80’s. I’m not very into this look, kinda’ like trying a bit too hard; maybe it will grow on me or possible “on top” my fabric of choice.
4. Cropped Pants: Well above the ankle. Almost like long yet tailored shorts. This looks good if you use High Quality Designer duds. I’m one of the biggest proponents for mixing Fast-Fashion and Hi-End Fashion, but for this to look good I would suggest spending some bigger cash and get your gear from DSquared2 Marc Jacobs, Rag&Bone or Junya Watanabe. Or if you do go FF-HF, invest in some nice hi-top brogues or play with your socks a bit. The Cordovan hi tip brogues look great! Or try the Pebble Brown Doc Martin’s or some Army/Navy Surplus store combat boots. The black socks with the Black pants are a look I dig. I’d say it would also work well with Flo-Orange, Flo-Green or Paisley socks as well. Like the look, just spend a bit of cash and get some nice high quality fabrics, or some nice kicks and socks and this should be a pretty stylish Pick!
5. Mr. Green: Basically WWD is saying that dark green, forest Green, and army green are going to be Big colors for Fall 2013. Looks ok to me, I tend to go for the blacks, greys and midnight blues on the weekend. But I do wear a lot of green to work, so no prob’s with green on this end.
6. Heritage Fabrics: Grey, Black, dark camel Tweeds, plaids, Checkers and squares, In nice thick hi-quality pants, shirts, jackets and vests. I think we’ve been seeing this trend taking form for a couple years now. Chic Men Magazine has been doing it up since issue number one. This version has a bit of a “Blow Up” retro Sixties look to it. I like it; you would just need to live somewhere cold enough to make this look work for you.
7. Chic Athletics: Looks like more and more designers going the Y-3 x Adidas Style. Marni, Duckie Brown, Kenzo, Kris Van Assche, Time Coppens and Trussardi using High end fabrics with a sporty weekendy type of look. Things look a bit baggy here, not sure if we’re ready to going back to the big and baggy look. I for one am going to try and stay true to fit for another year or two. Anyone need some XL & XXL NBA or NFL All-Star Gear? I have lots in my closet, waiting for the trend to come back around or prepared to sell it in my new “Kicks and Clothes on Wheels” Mobil Mobile that I designed last week. Right now, you could just email me if you’re interested and are big enough to fit the Gear.
8. Bold Patterns: Flowers, Paisleys, Birds, geometric shapes on pants, shirts, coats, sweaters, and suits. One trend I can do without. Unless I was Dj’ing or doing some sort of Red Carpet entrance. Then I’d still probably stick to my Black, Grey and Orange plaid pants on plaid shirt with black suit jacket look. No birds or toads on my clothes this year!
9. Leather on Leather: Leather Jackets, Leather pants Leather gloves, leather shoes all worn at the same time. If you’re a Rock Star or think you’re a Rock Star this is the look for you. Have fun!
What will you be wearing in Fall 2013? Comment or Hit up the survey just below this blog posting with a quick click. See you on the Streetz.