The Streetzblog Top 10 for Fall 2018 Winter 2019
This is a Big, long weekend for trend-spotting with Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Big Wave Sunday and Cyber Monday. We’ve hit the streets and surfed the net to bring you the Streetzblog top 10 list for clothes and shoes.
Top 10 Clothes and Shoe Trends Late November 2018
- Camouflage: Whether you go for the 90’s bright orange or light blue and black camo, or the designer flage tailored and crisp. Camouflage is your go to color category. Hit up your local Army/Navy Surplus store for some of the 1990’s influenced colors or try any of these designers to be in with the latest camo moment: Daniel Patrick, Heron Preston, or Polo by Ralph Lauren.
- Black or true Brown Boots: Once again, get em’ at the army navy surplus store in the high shine black combat boot. Or kick it up a notch with the Prada Wedge Sole Black Leather boots, Grenson High Top Brogues (The burnt brown is a must have from Grenson) or Taft.
- Uniqlo x KAWS x Sesame Street: Some of the most sought after gear include: The Black Hoodie, the Grey XX Crew Sweat shirt and the Black XX pocket T. And a lot of this is already sold out in the M, L and XL sizing. I went on day 2 and got the last of a couple styles in the L and XL size. People were grabbing quick for what was left of the designs in black and grey. They also have plush dolls with XX Kaws Signature eyes, seems to be plenty of stock on these. I’m thinking eBay may be the place to get the hotter styles. If day 2 had a lot of sell outs, I wouldn’t want to be shopping there day 3 onward. KAWS is Hot on the Sesame Streetz!
- Mad for Plaid: Flannels in traditional colors and patterns. Along with last years plaid trend still staying hot-the Multi differential plaid shirt with 4-5 different plaids sewn together. Pretty much, everywhere you go, you can get your plaid on. H&M, Polo by Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy, Off-White, R13 and Banana Republic are some of our A-1 picks.
- Off-White: Nike x Off-White Kicks or the clothing line. Whichever you pick, you’re good to go. Pro Tip: For the Kicks, check out Stadium Goods on Cyber Monday or if you can wait, Stadium Goods does a really nice New Year’s Day Sale. Last year it was 25-30% off regular prices and it included the “Ten” collection. Pro Tip number 2: On Black Friday, both Saks Fifth Avenue and SSENSE do really good Off-White Sales. This year some of the most sought after T’s, Jackets and Sweats were 30-40% off, which can be a lot considering the retail price.
- Military Influenced: Both Camo and Military is spot on for Fall 2018. Army Jackets, Bomber Jackets, Multi pocketed pants, Dark Blue or black Military coats. Some places I know have the goods include: ZARA, Polo by Ralph Lauren, R13, Mr. and Mrs. Italy, John Varvatos, Alpha Industries and of course Balmain.
- Workwear: Price point low looking high is easy in this category. Many heritage workwear labels have kept their great prices, while helping you rock one of the hottest trends at the moment. From the Chore Jacket to straight legged Dickies, painters pants and utility vests, this is an easy and inexpensive trend to pull off. *You can also raise the bar with some of the newest looks from Heron Preston. Top picks for workwear are: Dickies, Carhartt (Work in Progress), Carrier, Stan Ray, Red Wing Shoes, Timberland’s and Heron Preston.
- Surf T’s: It’s Big Wave Surf Season on the North Shore of Oahu and the looks are pure fire this year. Lots to choose from: The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the Hawaiian Pro, the Billabong Pipeline Pro, the Eddie and the Volcom Pipe Pro (Some nice black shirts + camo shorts) Get some or all: Vans, Billabong, Volcom. Pro Tip: Vans and Volcom do some of the best Black Friday sales out there. This year, I went to Volcom. (Almost) Everything in the store was 40% off. And if you spent over $200, you could purchase a Volcom towel for $10 or a select group of T’s for just $10. *If you don’t know what to get someone ANYwhere in the World, get them a Surf competition T. They will love it and you for a long time! This is a must give gift.
- Xtra Lage Clunky Sneakers: This 2017 trend continues Hot into 2018 and looks like its not letting up in 2019. They started as Dad Shoes, looking like a New Balance from the 80’s. Now they are so big, you may not need to do leg day at the gym. The Balenciaga Triple S has 6 layers of various materials to make up their sole. I tried them on the other day and yep, they are pretty comfy. See if you can get the pairs made in Italy, some of the newer versions are made elsewhere, for $995, you want em’ made in Italy. Or grab some of your dads old running shoes and add some layers to the bottoms. By Far, the Brand to get is Balenciaga. Note: the newest track version is even bigger than the Triple S! Other’s on the Hot list include: Calvin Klein, Adidas by Raf Simons, Versace, Gucci, Acne. & even New Balance and Fila are refreshing their own act. For the ladies, I’m totally digging the Commes Des Garcons x Nike Cortez. Looks like what Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice would wear if she went on the tour. With Posh not participating, Geri Halliwell/Ginger Spice will probably nab em for the upcoming Spice Girls Tour.
- Ready, Set Tech: Seems like this is another Hot for 2017, happening again in 2018 and 19. Stretchy, comfortable, non Chafing, no Stink, silky smooth Mesh, Bright Out 3M,Velcro,water Repellant, protectant, Lycra, warm or cold weather fabrics. Check out Nike/a Nike collab or: A.P.C, White Mountaineering, Y-3, Acronym, Uniqlo (Heat-Tech), Adidas Alpha Skin Climachill, Black Yack 6 material Hybrid Jacket, Descente or Under Armour Vanish.
Here’s a sneak peak of my latest creation, utilizing the plaid & tech trend features. I’m using silver 3M Material to make these babies pop when the street light lands on you.
What are you seeing for the latest trends in clothes and shoes? Let us know in the comments section. Happy Holidays! See you on the Hawaii…soon to be NYC Streetz!
Brand Spotlight-StampdLA-June 2014
Chris Stamp created StampdLA with one screen printed T-shirt back in 2009 and the rest is history. Today the brand can be purchased online or at places like Harvey Nichols and Colette amongst others. StampdLA has been seen on everyone from Miley Cyrus to A$AP Rocky to the Big Bang Band. Items include Shirts, Tanks, Shorts, Outerwear, Accessories and Bags. With a new Shoe line coming in 2015 which will be produced in Italy.
The brand tends to use a monochromatic color palette of mostly blacks and whites with interesting and unusual cuts. Let’s take a look at some of the newest looks:
A couple of my favorite pieces: A speedy egg-shaped surfboard and Check out how the Large lettered 3D embossed Los Angeles embroidery goes almost all the way round the Snap Back. Nice eh?
And one of Streetzblog’s Biggest Trend Alert’s for Summer 2014, the Black and White Long-Sleeve Mesh Shirts:
Since I wrote about planking I’ve been trying to get you some “Planking in Hawaii” Pictures. It seems harder than I thought. I find people all over the place planking, but they keep their planks on their iPhones and smartphones, they show them to me and that’s about it. I can’t seem to get them off their phones. But by this time next week, I will have some shots for you, gonna take them myself if I can find even 1 of my 3 digital cameras. Or if my friend loans me their iFlip, I’ll take some this Saturday at the LoveFest at Wet n Wild Hawaii. In the meantime here’s a Plank from Hawaii that I found on a website filled with hundreds of Planks from around the world. The site is called peopleplanking.com and their slogan is “Stiff as a board All around the World” This is a picture of a Plank Hawaiian Style at the Entrance to a Lava Tube. Pretty recent-It’s from July 4, 2011.
Today, I asked my friend KC for some planking pix because I know he has some. He said “Nope, planking is out, Owling is in”. I highly doubt planking is out, especially out here in the 808, it’s really just starting to catch momentum. I suspect it will stay going at least until Labor Day. Then like all trends all of a sudden you wake up and its over. Remember Pogs?
But being the interested street trend hunter that I am, I needed to find out what Owling was: It was easy to find, Hillary Duff Did it earlier today and it made it to the E!online website as you can see below:
Hilary Duff Does the Owl:
Definition of Owling seems to be: Crouch on anything with your kneesclosetogether with your chest and arms Str8t down. Trend or Publicity stunt for Hilary? LMK..seems like publicity stunt and it worked, I just wrote about her.
After seeing Owling, I looked for what else is going on and found this really fun video on Chuting from a girl who seems to also be a planking expert. Her Owling video can be seen below and from there you can check out her planking video which has many of the hottest planks from around the world on it.
Email me some planks, owls or chutes from Hawaii or anywhere else in the World and I’ll collect and post them up next week on streetzblog.com. Now back to Kicks and Clothes on the street..YEAH! But before that: I know I gotta do a plank in the stock room in the back of a Footlocker store-that would be fun and it’s always awesome to be so close to so, so, so many Jordans!!