The only thing that comes between me and my Calvin’s is Streetzblog…and maybe Kate Moss.
I usually do a pretty simple Holiday campaign with stickers and shirts. In 2012 we had the SB logo in the original colors of black and red on white Anvil Shirts. 2013 I upgraded to slate grey American Apparel shirts with Orange and standard Gray colors on the logo.
In a couple of days, the 2014 campaign will unleash to the world. I’ve been seeing a CK Jean revival as of late. Mark Wahlberg is a huge movie star and Kate Moss is still looking hot and doing her thing after many years. So, with the help of Romeo Valentine, we tatted up the two and tweaked their underwear a bit. Be looking for the new stickers on the streetz of NYC this Thursday December 18th-23rd, 2014. And possibly a shirt or two if I can get all the pieces to the T-Shirt puzzle to fit together in time.
Look to Streetzblog over the next couple weeks. Covering NYC: December 18-23. And Chicago: December 24-29, 2014. In NYC, we’ll be reporting on the latest Street Style’s, Hottest Holiday Gifts, New Stores, Delicious foods, the Latest Kicks, Uptown, Downtown, and of course Mid Town-cause that’s where I’ll be staying. Chicago, we’ll be checking out some norm-core in the suburbs then hitting the streetz of Belmont.
Happy Holidays! Season’s Greetings! and Mele Kalikimaka! Maybe I’ll see you on the streetz of NY, Chi-Town or back in HI for New Year’s.
While we’re on the CK Tip, let’s check out a couple of pictures from their upcoming Calvin Klein White label Spring Summer 2015 collection. Check out the oversized logo on the undies. Pretty Rockin’ Whatcha’ think?
No more writing on my hand!
2014’s Makiki Heat brings you the latest and greatest finds of our time. The first is so perfect for me. I remember back in the 80’s being called into the bosses office for being unprofessional for writing on my hands. For some reason, when I can’t remember to do something, I write it on my hand. Usually in very easy to see, indelible, black, bold sharpie ink. I did it in the 80’s and still do it now. It’s 2014 and someone has finally found a solution. Enjoy reading about the Echo Smartpen and the other 4 HOT topics for September 2014.
Top 5 for August 2014
Echo Smartpen: For 20+ years, I’ve been writing sharpie messages on my hand to remind myself of important things to do at work or to buy cat litter, which It seems, I’m continually running out and having to buy. Many Days I have a Big CL written on the palm of my hand. You may ask? Why don’t I type things on my iPhone, well I do, i just don’t seem to get the alert and it’s a hard habit to break out of after so many years. Along comes the Echo Smartpen from livescribe.com. Every message, drawing or even voice audio you write or say goes directly to your phone, tablet or computer. Hopefully this will be the cure for me and you and everyone around the world who may write on their hand, wall, or post it note. As of today (9/14/14) it’s a bit expensive at $120, but I suspect the price will go down soon. $120 livescribe available here.
Lokai Bracelet: My daughter found this HOT bracelet and already owns a couple of them. The first and coolest thing i noticed when she wore it was the way the light reflected off of it and gave it a mysterious glow. Later I found out that the white ball is filled with water from Mt. Everest and the Black ball has mud from the dead sea in it. According to something I read on the web, Mt. Everest is the Highest place on earth and the dead sea the Lowest. Here’s a picture of my daughter’s bracelet: (Various prices and places to purchase, Google it for the best deals of the day).
Tom Ford’s Luxe-Life Sneaker Line: Cool, sleek, classically 2014. Tom Ford’s new line of luxurious leather or velvet sneakers are the must have kicks for Fall 2014. They come in Hi-Tops which I prefer or the traditional Low-Top. Tom’s designed Black, Brown, Red, and White versions with the color on top accented with a white sole. An Awesome Go-To Kick that would go with practically anything in your wardrobe. These styling shoes are dope for a Sunday afternoon mint julep and charcuterie Pic-Nic, or You can Swank up your Sunday best for church and are a great choice to wear to the Polo grounds with your favorite Black, Dark Blue or Grey Sunday suit. Of course you can wear them any day you like. I just think they look like the perfect shoe for a Sunday. Tom Ford Sneakers in leather and velvet. Available here for $690-$990.
Warby Parker x The Standard Sunglasses: Summer maybe winding down. But these babies look great in and out of the sun, during the day or night. The frames are colored with the flavors and vibe of Whiskey Tortoise Matte, which works really well with people with various colors in their hair. And the Glass portion is a nice Movie Star Blue. Day or NIght/Night or Day/Suns Out or Moon Glowing, whenever you wear them, these will look hot and get you some cool looks. Available for a limited time Here for $95 plus tax and shipping.
I’ll Drink to That: Memoir by Betty Halbreich, Legendary personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman. Betty is also the star and her career the theme of the movie and book of the same title, Scatter my Ashes at Bergdorf’s. She has styled the rich and famous for over 40 years and along with Patricia Field dressed the gals in the ever so popular TV Show and movie; Sex and the City. The Book takes us from her childhood through some not so good years to the infamous career of styling the rich and famous including Meryl Streep (From the movie: The Devil Wears Prada) and Candace Bergen. I’ll Drink to That is Available Here for $18.18 or get the Kindle version for just $11.99 Here.
Don’t forget GOTHAM is almost here. It premieres on Monday September 22nd on Fox!
2nd Annual look at what’s Hot Memorial Day Monday
As a blogger I get stats and in these reports I can tell what people like to read the most. On Streetzblog, the biggest article ever was on the type of headphones Michael Phelps wore during the Olympics. Second most read is anything about Jordan’s tied with Luxe Life Kicks, Next up is What’s Hot Memorial Day Monday 2013. So, here is the 2nd annual look at what’s Hot on Memorial Day Monday.
- The M2Malletier-Le Fleur Du Mal Clutch: This ladies handbag has the most radical looking handle. To me it looks like industrial metal used in a modern-day closet of the Rich and Famous. Others think it looks like a gold chopstick. The designers call it a Needle inspired by medieval armor. Celebrities from Eva Mendes to Cate Blanchett to Jessica Alba to Kate Hudson have been seen rocking this modern must see and must compliment clutch. I’m not really the official dude for hand bags, but I would call it this season’s IT bag. Looks so innovative, slick and in the moment-It’s gotta’ be the IT bag of the moment. The M2Malletier-Le Fleur Du Mal Clutch can be your very own arm candy for $1,520 at net-a-porter.com
- Frends Headphones: Pink, light blue, dark blue, black and yellow iridescent headphones. If you want to be seen and stand out from the crowd this is a great choice for you. Rock to the Beat for $199.99 at shopBAZAAR.com
- ASOS Iridescent Fabulous Platform Sandals: These totally match the Frends Headphones. Purple, flo-green, pink, and light blue iridescent colors. With what looks like a white Vibram sole (Actually a Durable Flat Form Sole). Get your pedicure done then get your sandals for $76.22 at ASOS.com
- Saint Laurent (Without the Yves) By Hedi Slimane Sunglasses: This hip pair of lucite luxury has a golden honey hued lens and frame. These would go perfect with a pair of Marc Jacobs Bronzed Brown patent leather kicks. If you want the Luxe-Life Look in minutes, this is the pair of sunglasses made just for you! Keep the Sun out of your eyes and the neighbors checking you out for $324 at solsticesunglasses.com
- Louis Vuitton Yellow Bowling Bag: If you haven’t seen this handbag in the hands of Michelle Williams I guess you haven’t been reading any paper magazines lately. This bag is in practically every Women’s Fashion Mag out there. It does look nice, even nicer modeled by the sexy Michelle Williams. It has 3 zippered compartments and is part of the L.V Mongram Empreinte collection. It would match nicely with the Honey Hued Saint Laurent Sunglasses. Get your stand out Citron yellow luxe-life bag for $2,530 at Louusvuitton.com
- Alexander Wang Parental Advisory Sweatshirt: Sheer Stripe Knit Neoprene Sweatshirt featuring the infamous Parental Advisory Explicit Content wording laser cut into the fabric. Get your translucent and lucent gear for $995 at Alexander Wang.com
- Dior Homme in Hawaii: Memorial Day typically kicks off Summer and according to Modern Luxury Magazine, Dior Homme is coming to Hawaii this Summer. Creative Director Kris Van Assche plans to release a collection intertwining the tuxedo and the beach. Sounds like fun! I need to get my name on the guest list for this grand opening. dior.com