It’s Gotta’ Be The Shoes
- Plan Your Week Work your Plan: There are so many places to go, be, eat, drink and schmooze during Pro Bowl Week in Hawaii, you need to have a plan. Between NFL sanctioned events and Club events, I’ve counted 15 places within 7 days of I would like to go to. That’s pretty hard to do, so I’d recommend either making a paper list or using the notes area on your mobile to make a list of the places you want to be. Make them in order of most favorite to your maybe’s and take it from there. From Experiene, “I’ve been to so many events during Pro Bowl Week that I’ve actually needed to nap during the actual game, which is just plain lame”. Oh, And if you can, take the Monday after Pro Bowl off from work-you will need the rest.
- Wear comfortable Shoes: This is probably worse for me than you. But I tend to Rock my favorite kicks of the year during this special week. A different pair each day of the week. By the night of the Block Party (Saturday Night before Sunday’s Game) My feet are aching, a little bloody and slightly purple. Pick 2 days to wear your best kicks, save your rarest find of the year for Game-DAy, the rest of the week wear whatever doesn’t hurt. Over Christmas vacation, I picked up a pair of black Doc Martins with FLAT rubber soles and for some reason, these don’t hurt my feet and they practically go with everything. *Make sure you get the flat soles, I’ve had 3 other pairs of Docs throughout the years that looked great, but hurt my feet the next day so bad I could barely walk.
- Show Up Early: Wherever you choose to be during PBW, go early. It’s the best time to catch a player, get a good parking spot, better seat, or even no line at the Club. If you’re going to the Official NFL Block Party, I recommend either getting to this early or getting a hotel in Waikiki. Earlier in the night, it’s really nice to see the sunset, watch the Spectacular NFL Displays decorated throughout the street and really just enjoy a leisurely stroll through all of the magic of the evening. Later in the night, it can take over half an hour to get from one end to the other because of the huge crowd. This is also a place to make a plan, check ahead on which stage the bands and DJ’s you like will be playing and be at that stage for their performance. It can get pretty confusing as the night gets late on where everyone is playing. Early next week, I’ll add the schedule and full information on the entertainment at this years Block Party. (See bottom of Blog posting Tuesday). You’ll also want to show up early at this years game, you’ll want to go to the Official or non Official tail-gate party, get some parking, maybe relax or take a nap. Then head into the game and listen to the DJ’s Rockin’ it at each of the 4 main gates. You’ll want to get early so yo dont miss the pre game activities. The Pre Game festivities are quite nice especially when they fly the miliatry aircraft over head, Fire up the Fireworks and don’t miss this year’s half time entertainment with Fall Out Boy singing “Light it Up”.
- See Through Bags are a must: At this year’s game, you will only be allowed to bring your things in with a see through bag. You can either buy one at HERE with your team’s logo on them or bring a BIG zip-lock. Some exceptions will be made on this bag rule if you have medical conditions, but make sure you know to bring a see-through bag this year. I’m so silly I change my clothes 3 times during the Pre Game, each quarter and post game, I myself need to think of a layering plan. I tend to wear my professional work Aloha shirt to the Tailgate party, then switch into whatever the newest shirt I’ve designed for the first half of the game, then I change into my DJ Sniper Wells Bears Jersey for the last half of the game. This year, my plan is to just Layer it, hope it’s not too hot..LOL. Hey and be prepared, this year is unconferenced, which means it’s not going to be AFC/Red vs NFC/Blue. You may need some new flourescent green or orange gear for this years game. Oh, and don’t wear a college jersey or a basketball jersey, many of the rowdy fans will for sure harass you in the parking lot. And it is fun to wear your favorite football team, an Easy and Cool way to meet new friends and possibly a date for Sunday night! *For More information on bags at this years Pro Bowl click here
- Wear Sunscreen: Even though you may not be at the beach, the sun is just as HOT and will burn you even on cloudy days. It’s no fun to be burnt on game day.
- Spotting Players: I know this may sound funny, but the easiest place to spot players is on their rented mopeds on Kuhio Ave. Other easy places to spot them are at the Nightclubs or if you really want to see someone, Splurge on a room at the Marriott or the Aulani out in Ko Olina/Ihilani. But try to be really nice. The reason they don’t stay in Waikiki anymore is too many people followed them around with big books of pictures and photos to get autographs. Oh, and check back here or the newspapers, on-line because every once in a while they do some signings at a Hotel, a Gas Station or some other sponsor location, you just need to be on the look-out fo these announcements. Other than that the next best place to see a player up close is at one of their open practice sessions or at Ohana Day Saturday Morning at Aloha Stadium (8:30 a.m – 11:30 a.m) You should also be able to see Fall Out Boy sing a song or two at Ohana Day. typically the main act at the Pro Bowl performs a song at Ohana Day.
- Get your souvenirs Early: Hey you know as I do it’s an island and on an island there’s only so much inventory here, then it’s gone. They used to have the best selection at the Hilton Hawaiian Village early on in the week. This year the official hotel has changed to the Sheraton, so I will check but would suspect that the Sheraton will have some nice Pop-Up stores early in the week. Other than that early evening during the block party is a great place to pick up gear, or Ohana Day still has lots of if not most of the most sought after goods. If you wait until game day, buy your stuff before the game or in the first quarter, by the 4th quarter, there’s barely anything left. Buy Early! *In past years, there can tend to be a sale at one of the hotels in Waikiki where things are discounted, but sizes and the best selections are hard to find, I wouldn’t wait for this possible sale. Buy Early.
For Official NFL Sanctioned Events Information. Go here
Steve Aoki’s getting ready for Fast&Furious 6
Superstar Vegas DJ Steve Aoki worked with Orange, California-based MV Designz on customizing this Styling, Sleek, Black, totally tricked-out Scion. Just by looking at the outside of the car, I would like to have this. It looks totally banging and just in time for the new Fast & Furious 6 movie coming out next week.
The outside may look pretty awesome but being a DJ myself, The real Killer stuff comes in the inside of Steve Aoki’s new Car. It comes with custom-built Pioneer speakers, a Fog Machine and of course a mixing station. The only bummer is this is SA’s car and will only be attending Scion events through the year. At the moment, not for sale, but I’m sure the guys in Cali could hook it up for some Big time Kala.
For now, I’m going to get my Mitsubishi Lancer washed, spray some of that Bright, Wet, Bright & Slick Silicon on the tires and check out the premiere of Fast & Furious 6 on Tuesday May 21st. Sure hope it’s not all muscle cars and they have some Mitsu’s in the movie. If the movie has some Imports in It, I’ll let you know how it is late Tuesday night, if it’s all muscles cars, I won’t be doing a blog posting. Still trying my best to keep things High, Groovy, Positive Tip.
BTW: I’ve been streaming the new Daft Punk Album this evening. Not sure if it’s really them. Everything so far sounds very mellow, laid back and slightly groovy. Sounds pretty French Eclectic. If it is it, I do here two Chromeo sounding tunes that would sound good with a re-mix or two. One being “Up All Night to Get Lucky”
LMK what you think about the car or the new Daft Punk album.
No Spikes Here, Just Streetzblog on the scene with Tyga’s Beautiful female Artist-Honey Cocaine. If you’re wondering? HC was a bit different then I would expect from seeing her youtube vids. She is really nice in person and so was DJ Carisma. Both were very nice, Friendly, cordial and Thankful and truley grateful performers.
And Don’t Forget-Steve Aoki, Walter French, GSpot and the BQ Girls are all Going to be at the NFL Pro Bowl All-Star Block party This Saturday NIght January 26tth in Waikiki! Gonna’ be the Biggest Block Party in Hawaii’s History!!!!
Other Hot off the press NFL Pro Bowl News: Hawaii Five-O is rumored to be shooting a show this Weekend at some of the Pro Bowl Events and make sure you smile and wear your favorite gear at the game, Train is shooting their upcoming video entitled “Mermaid” Friday Thru Sunday on the Island of Oahu including some shots from this Sundays Pro Bowl!