The Newest Streetzblog Creation
The AHOLA Shirt-Pro Bowl Edition F/W 2018-19
I needed a slight break in the action of Non Stop creations from Scratch. So, took an old plaid shirt from Target and a pretty new Pro Bowl Aloha shirt, combined the 2 and created the AHOLA Shirt. Over time it will Morph & Fray, which will give it even more Flavor. This side project took about 15 hours to complete. 3/7/18
For some reason, I thought this would take a couple of hours to complete. But it’s a bit more intricate. Here’s the process:
- Draw shapes on the front with Pink or Light Blue Pencil
- Cut out the Aloha print fabric to fit, pin on front if you have time. You can skip pinning on the front, but I like to do it, to see how it will look
- Then take each piece off the front and carefully pin to the inside. This is actually the most important step. You need to pin each piece in place with many pins. If you’re lazy on this step, you will end up with an ugly pinched up shirt. Take your time and pin each piece precisely
- Sew each piece on the inside of the shirt. Do the Back First, then the front then the sleeves
- The Reveal! This is my favorite part. Be very careful, pinch fabric on the front and make a very small hole. Then take some really sharp small scissors and cut the shapes out
- Pro Tip: On the Sleeves, I carefully cut out slits. THEN sew lines thorugh the area, so that it will only fray in certain areas. This is also fun to do. And will give your creation some expensive looking frays as it morphs through each wash and wear.
- Press Shirt and Wear it on Aloha Friday
See you on the Streetz…blog!