Farmers Market-Pearlridge (Aiea, Hawaii)
Taking advantage of a 3-day weekend. I woke up super early Saturday July 2nd 2016 and attended the Farmer’s Market in the Pearlridge Mall’s parking lot in Aiea, Hawaii. I set out to get some healthy food, some nice pictures for the blog and have a bit of what I would call Tourist Fun.
You may go to the Farmer’s Market weekly or daily, Me, I shop mostly at Walmart or Foodland for my food. But been attempting to eat more fruit lately and share more about the island where I live on the Streetzblog. So, that’s why I call this a touristy thing. I’ve never really shopped at a Farmers Market before. I walk through a small one on the way to work every Tuesday and Friday, but never even stop to see or buy any of it.
The experience was pretty fun. Lots of things were $2-$3 and as an added bonus I got to try some Bacon Jam!
A few tips I learned:
- Have a budget it mind and stick to it. As you will see I didn’t make it home with too much, yet spent $100.
- Buy the fruit and vegetables. Buy the fun Breakfast food, Thai Food or Poke bowls on your tourist day or only on special occasion. The food is good, but a bit pricey. Not $2-$3. My breakfast sandwich was quite yummy but cost $15. Plus a Coffee $5 Plus a Lemonade $5. That’s $25 in 5 minutes. This is just a tip, not something I would do, the breakfast sandwich was delish, the coffee was cold brewed so it kept me awake for days and the lemonade with Pineapple Li Ling Mui was quite refreshing and I saved it for my dinner. Bonus Tip: Ask for extra ice for the coffee and the Lemonade, the Hawaii weather melts the ice in like 2 seconds.
- Buy from the first stand on the right. Almost everything in it is $2-$3. And make sure you get the Sugar Candy Banana’s. They are very sweet and healthy at the same time. Wow!
- Get there early. Like when they first open at 8:30am. Things go quick and the heat from the parking lot can become unbearable after 10:30am.
- Get the dragon fruit. Because it looks so colorful. And I expect it tastes good, but have yet to figure out what to do with it. Gonna’ Google it first, before cutting it up.
- Have fun! Play Tourist. Take pictures. Enjoy the moment. Hey-I just might check out another one of these things next weekend.
Here’s more of the experience in pictures! If you celebrate 4th of July, Have a Happy Independance Day 2016. And don’t forget the fruit with your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. See you on the Streetz!
I can’t leave you without showing my shoes and a very cute picture of Adalyn. Along with the sliced up and already eaten Mango. BTW: The mango was even better than the Banana’s. Tasted extra sweet after putting it in the Fridge for a couple hours. I never knew Fruit could taste so Good! OMG!!!
My Haul for the Day, Along with my cat Squirley checking out what’s for lunch!
Luda, Pro Bowl, Steve Aoki,WF all in the HI
January is one of the best month’s to be in Hawaii. The Biggest Event is the NFL Pro Bowl on Sunday, January 27, 2013. There are also many concerts and events that are in “conjunction” with the Pro Bowl and many that just happen because sooo many people want to be out here for the action. Here’s a quick Snippet of what to expect over the next month or so:
Ludacris In Concert: Saturday January 12, 2013
You know him from his music or for sure you know him from Fast & The Furious. He’s on Isle today and playing Tomorrow at the Blaisdell. And BTW: Fast and the Furious 6 is due out Memorial Day! Here’s the Vid for “Get Back”
Honey Cocaine w/ DJ Carisma, Jazi, DJ Rellevant and Lil P Da Keeper: Friday January 18, Bar 7
This is Tyga’s Featured female artist. The one with the name that will be like some of my tattoos when I hit 75. Here’s Tyga with Honey Cocaine with “Heisman” Part two:
Next up is Eat The Street-Pro Bowl Style: Friday January 25, 2013
Lot’s of time on this blog I just act like I know a bit about something when I really do know a Lot about something. I just like to stay a bit on the DL. This time, I’ll brag a bit. I know the NFL folks and my friend down the hall from me at work knows the Eat the Street peeps. So, I married these two up together. So, I’ll take credit for this one. On Friday night prior to the Pro Bowl, there’s gonna’ be a BIG Food Truck Party and Streetz Event. All with pro Bowl Style including a performance by I.A and UV, cheerleaders, mascots, music, free Pro Bowl Tickets and I suspcect a few players will be there.Instagram #eatthestreet to win free Pro Bowl tickets. And Check Streetzblog out @streetzpix
If you go, Let me know if you liked it or not? Listed Below is the flyer with most of the info on it:
The NFL Pro Bowl Block Party: Saturday Night January 26, 2013
This is real new, real fresh, real BIG news and you’re probably reading it here first! Steve Aoki will be playing on the Power 104.3 Stage. Yep, Steve Aoki, the stage diving, crowd surfing superstar DJ who usually plays in Vegas will be at this year’s Waikiki Block party.
Also appearing at the NFL Pro Bowl Block party are Nesian 9, Maoli, Kapena, Kalapana, Cheerleaders, NFL Players, Mascots and my man-Walter French, who can be seen in the next video entitled “Bounce That” with Hawaii’s Hip, Hype N’ Rhymin’ Style Ace – Romeo Valentine
And the last bit of information I have for you today is Hawaii’s IA stopped by the station wearing some sweet Carolina Blue, Flo Green Jordan Retro 3’s and he let me know that he’ll be droppin’ a new VID this Sunday. Also received his latest CD-Flyght808 which has a tune on it called “Go the Distance” that’s getting a lot of hype supporting Hawaii’s own and Notre Dames Star Manti Teo!
Today I had a bit too much paperwork to do at work, so sorry I didn’t leave many links to tix or where things are at, if you can’t find something just leave a comment or text me at 808 479 9928 and I’m sure I can lead you in the right direction. See you on the HI Streetz!