Off White Spring Summer 2019 Runway Show-Paris, France 6/20/18
The stand up waist jeans with no belt
Ode to Dondi White and the Simpsons
The outfits in the crowd had some nice Off-White exclusives and lots of Ultra Decent Fits
New materials ala 1990’s rave/punk
Some new Docs x Off-White
Music was fun!
Seen in the crowd-New Off-White x Nike Blazers with bright orange Swoosh
New Off-White branding in stylized Script
Very similar to what we’ve been seeing
Not enough of what we want-T’s and Hoodies with Off-White in big bold letters on the back. As soon as any of these go on sale, they sell out very quickly.
Shorts too short
Complex Con-November 4 & 5, 2017
Long Beach, CA-Recap from our Streetzblog on site LIVE correspondent and via Some great Insta-Nabs.
The Hottest street wear brands, designers and Hip-Hop entertainers converged in Long Beach, California November 4 & 5 at Complex Con 2017. Back in the Day, Complex was an up and coming magazine Founded By Marc Ecko. His own clothing brand having hit it’s Apex years earlier, Complex was an under the radar Street and trend mag, I would buy the day it came out. As the internet and social media blew up, the magazine lost it’s pages and the paper it was made on became much thinner.
Fast Forward to 2016 and the first complex Con occurred, some saying that there were 400 VIP tickets sold, the same source told us this year, there were close to 2,000 VIP tickets sold and over 50,000 in attendance! Who needs a magazine? When you can turn your brand into one of the top 3 go to spots for street wear, kicks and tech trends. And put on a Con that attracts the Biggest and Best cultural icon of our time! (BTW: Unofficially, The top 3 are Hypebeast, High Snobiety and Complex).
Complex Con 2017 had everyoone who is anyone in the Street game. DJ Khalid, Pharrell with NERD, M.I.A, Cam’ron, Wiz Khalifa, Skrillex Lil Yachty, DJ Mustard, Kid Cudi from How to make it in America, Maxwell Osborne & Dao-Yi Chow from PSNY, Chris Stamp from STAMPD, Travis Scott, Vince Staples, Action Bronson, Kobe Bryant, Yes Jules, Ben Baller & D’Angelo Russell. Along with the stars of the weekend: Off-White’s Virgil Abloh and Takashi Murakami. Here’s a few pix of the 2 making Sweet Custom T’s on the spot!
Our Streetzblog corespondent traveled from Hawaii to Cali on the sole mission to meet Murakami and buy a couple thousand dollars of his limited edition gear. She succeeded as you can see by this picture, along with an autographed book. (She did say it was a 4-5 hour line to meet him and another 2 hour line to get her things at the end of the day). I told her via text: Looks like it was well worth the trip and time spent in line. BTW: She also stood in the Off-White line, but after another 3 hour wait, missed the Limited Edition Hand screened shirts by about 100 people.
Number One Tip: If you go to Complex Con or another Big event like this. Go to your favorite booth/designer first then have fun at the rest of the event.
If I was there, I would have gone str8t to the PSNY area to make some custom Nike Air Force 1’s. Would have tricked out the special PSNY x Nike AF1 Hi’s. Here’s some pix from the special master class area, where attendees could customize their own AF1’s with PSNY.
Here are some of the Custom Nike AF 1’s made at Complex Con:
The Top left Silver pair was made by Maxwell Osborne from PSNY. Jeff Stamp from *STAMD stopped by and made a pair And check the bottom left with Virgil’s version along with pal: Macklemore. *STAMPD has recently released a collab with Hawaii’s own, Town and Country Surf/T&C Surf. Pretty cool and close to home.
Here are a couple of Sniper Wells from Streetzblog’s latest projects. Fluorescent Painting with matching custom Jordan 21 Kicks!
Our Correspondent scored us some nice pix from the event including Pharell heading up the steps, The Limited Edition Fools Gold Boxes going for $50, some attendees and art from Murakami and NERD. (Thanks Much for getting these and other great pix on today’s post!).
Pharell was looking pretty Swank with his matching bright orange hair & spiked Biker Jacket:
Hope everyone had a good time at Complex Con 2017. And much Mahalo to our special Streetzblog Correspondent for all the great pictures. *All pictures are courtesy Streetzblog Corespondent or from the Live Instagram feeds over the Nov 4 &5 2017 weekend. See you on the Streetz…Blog!
The Hottest Heat on the Street’s in Long Beach November 4 & 5 2017
Complex Con is this weekend in Long Beach, CA. Everyday this week, the web has been flooded with drops so HOT they burn down the House! I can’t believe I am not there. Although, we do have a streetzblog correspondent at the event, we have yet to hear from her as of 8:20pm on Friday Night. If/When she checks in, I’ll post up some Live shots from the biggest Music & Street style event of the decade.
For now, here are some of the HOTTEST Heat, I’ve seen releasing this weekend at Complex Con!
Acronym x Nike AF1, PSNY x Nike AF1, Virgil Abloh x Nike AF1-All white all on fire. Plus maybe, the yellow pair of AF1’s. I nabbed that pic from the PSNY Insta-G live feed.
The shirt at the top of the page is also a must have. It’s a Takashi Murakami x Virgil Abloh, handmade by the two designers.
STAMPD is at the event along with X-Large, Creative Recreation, Adidas Originals, Extra Butter, Fools Gold, Kappa, Nice Kicks and so many more! I don’t have a picture of it, but somewhere I saw a rad reversible camo bomber by Alpha Industries that looks sweet.
For the full list of the marketplace click here. That’s just the Gear, DJ Khaled, M.I.A, NERD, Young Thug, A$AP Ferg, Gucci Mane and many more are performing. Check this link for the latest line-up of entertainers.
If you’re there, have some fun for me, hopefully our correspondent from Hawaii will check in with some more inside Deets. We shall see? See you on the Streetz!
Here’s the latest Sneak-Peek on the Streetzblog Bomber Jacket for December 2017. Starting to look Lit like the ESB! What do you think?
Off White c/o Virgil Abloh Spring Summer Menswear 2018
As I’m on the homestretch to complete my Fall 2017 5 piece collection with 3 done so far, OFF WHITE c/o Virgil Abloh is already showing his Spring/Summer 2018 collection on June 15, 2017.
Below is the video of the Runway show. And listed below are Streetzblog’s Highlights and Lowlights:
- Great Background: The letters literally morph into each other to form abstract sentences. If you watch carefully enought, there are plenty of interesting stories and hidden meanings
- Reflective stripe: Many of the pants have a vertical stripe on the bottom of the pants leg. Very catchy and keeps with the brand image.
- The camouflage collection: Some nice pieces here. Jacket, pants and they had fun with the orange word tag that you see at Raves these days.
- The Kicks: My eye caught some nice white kicks with fluorescent orange accents and a nice pair of black, white and orange hi-tops.
- Orange Accents: On the right hand sleeve, I dig these and what wear.
- The Music: Not nearly as banging as it could be. Pretty much the same sounding operatic music throughout.
- Cluttered clothing: I have enough clutter in my house, I don’t need to wear it on the streetz.
- The Man Midriff: Not one of my favs, but starting to trend pretty hard at the shows & IRL.
- See through White: A bit scary looking, like a hospital or Meat Butcher vibe.
See you on the Streetz!
Off White Goes off the Street
High End Street Wear Brand Off White known for their diagonal/Slant stripes and the word WHITE on the backs of shirts, usually in a Black and White Color-Way. Goes off the path a bit in their latest Fall-Winter 2017 Runway Show.
There are lots of Vans inspired Checks, Flowing/Swaying with the wind clothes, various colored denim and a few nice shirts with the diagonal/slant design and White on back long-sleeved shirts, made out of an exquisite fluffy type of material.
I suspect it was time to shuffle things up a bit. But with all the sold out standard Tees unavailable. I would have gone at least another year of the standard issue Off White branded diagonal stripes with the big WHITE on back shirts and pants. *With all the Sold-Out Off White clothing out there, might be tempted to get a $86 Knock off on Ebay, but the sellers seem a bit sketchy. Sizing is xs-XL and says most shirts fit all. That sounds pretty whackety Whack. So, maybe I’ll never get an Off White Shirt if the trend continues with things like this Runway Show.
We shall see if these looks catch on as HOT as all their other shirts and pants did over the last few years. In NY Dec 2015, Off White was the Biggest brand I noticed in NYC. This Year, Dec, 2016, what I saw most were those super long, most likely very warm, tres expensive Canada Goose jackets in Dark Blue. LInes down the street at their store and people grabbing for them right and left at Bloomies.
- The Long Sleeve Diagonal print with WHITE on back shirts with the fluffy material.
- The Bomber Jacket with the Orange block square pattern.
- The Music: Very spot on with the spoken word, underground Hip-Hop and Jazz, ambient soundtrack. It sounded exactly like 2 restaurants I ate in NY in December 2016. Seems like the world is going toward more of a background underground mix than the blazing EDM and banging industrial of the last couple years.
- The long plaid Men’s Jacket.
- The Vans inspired checkered shirts and pants. Let Vans do Vans. Let Off White do Off White. The limited Edition Chrome Hearts x Off White Tees at Christmas were also Vans inspired. Were a direct take off of their logo. Somethings going on with the 2 companies. Hmm
- The flowing/Swaying materials and vibe. Felt a bit old-fashioned not forward fashion.
- The lack of the standard Diagonal/Slant Designs with the word WHITE on back.
- The funny colored Denim.
- And the leave prints. I can go to Wal-Mart for some Leave imprinted camo for $49 instead of what will most likely be $490.
- Baggy pants. This is a trend I see a lot in menswear. I liked the drop crotch look, I liked the fitted suits, but me, I think I would look funny in baggie pants with wide leg holes. Maybe a 22 year old could pull it off, but I doubt it would work for me.
What do you think of the New Direction of Off White? Feeling it? Or not? Let us know in the comment section.
See you on the Streetz! This week I finally have a Saturday off, so hopefully hitting the beach, sleeping a bit and maybe some Yoga or even Chanting…if I get the courage to go to it.