The Streetzblog Top 10 for Fall 2018 Winter 2019
This is a Big, long weekend for trend-spotting with Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Big Wave Sunday and Cyber Monday. We’ve hit the streets and surfed the net to bring you the Streetzblog top 10 list for clothes and shoes.
Top 10 Clothes and Shoe Trends Late November 2018
- Camouflage: Whether you go for the 90’s bright orange or light blue and black camo, or the designer flage tailored and crisp. Camouflage is your go to color category. Hit up your local Army/Navy Surplus store for some of the 1990’s influenced colors or try any of these designers to be in with the latest camo moment: Daniel Patrick, Heron Preston, or Polo by Ralph Lauren.
- Black or true Brown Boots: Once again, get em’ at the army navy surplus store in the high shine black combat boot. Or kick it up a notch with the Prada Wedge Sole Black Leather boots, Grenson High Top Brogues (The burnt brown is a must have from Grenson) or Taft.
- Uniqlo x KAWS x Sesame Street: Some of the most sought after gear include: The Black Hoodie, the Grey XX Crew Sweat shirt and the Black XX pocket T. And a lot of this is already sold out in the M, L and XL sizing. I went on day 2 and got the last of a couple styles in the L and XL size. People were grabbing quick for what was left of the designs in black and grey. They also have plush dolls with XX Kaws Signature eyes, seems to be plenty of stock on these. I’m thinking eBay may be the place to get the hotter styles. If day 2 had a lot of sell outs, I wouldn’t want to be shopping there day 3 onward. KAWS is Hot on the Sesame Streetz!
- Mad for Plaid: Flannels in traditional colors and patterns. Along with last years plaid trend still staying hot-the Multi differential plaid shirt with 4-5 different plaids sewn together. Pretty much, everywhere you go, you can get your plaid on. H&M, Polo by Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy, Off-White, R13 and Banana Republic are some of our A-1 picks.
- Off-White: Nike x Off-White Kicks or the clothing line. Whichever you pick, you’re good to go. Pro Tip: For the Kicks, check out Stadium Goods on Cyber Monday or if you can wait, Stadium Goods does a really nice New Year’s Day Sale. Last year it was 25-30% off regular prices and it included the “Ten” collection. Pro Tip number 2: On Black Friday, both Saks Fifth Avenue and SSENSE do really good Off-White Sales. This year some of the most sought after T’s, Jackets and Sweats were 30-40% off, which can be a lot considering the retail price.
- Military Influenced: Both Camo and Military is spot on for Fall 2018. Army Jackets, Bomber Jackets, Multi pocketed pants, Dark Blue or black Military coats. Some places I know have the goods include: ZARA, Polo by Ralph Lauren, R13, Mr. and Mrs. Italy, John Varvatos, Alpha Industries and of course Balmain.
- Workwear: Price point low looking high is easy in this category. Many heritage workwear labels have kept their great prices, while helping you rock one of the hottest trends at the moment. From the Chore Jacket to straight legged Dickies, painters pants and utility vests, this is an easy and inexpensive trend to pull off. *You can also raise the bar with some of the newest looks from Heron Preston. Top picks for workwear are: Dickies, Carhartt (Work in Progress), Carrier, Stan Ray, Red Wing Shoes, Timberland’s and Heron Preston.
- Surf T’s: It’s Big Wave Surf Season on the North Shore of Oahu and the looks are pure fire this year. Lots to choose from: The Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the Hawaiian Pro, the Billabong Pipeline Pro, the Eddie and the Volcom Pipe Pro (Some nice black shirts + camo shorts) Get some or all: Vans, Billabong, Volcom. Pro Tip: Vans and Volcom do some of the best Black Friday sales out there. This year, I went to Volcom. (Almost) Everything in the store was 40% off. And if you spent over $200, you could purchase a Volcom towel for $10 or a select group of T’s for just $10. *If you don’t know what to get someone ANYwhere in the World, get them a Surf competition T. They will love it and you for a long time! This is a must give gift.
- Xtra Lage Clunky Sneakers: This 2017 trend continues Hot into 2018 and looks like its not letting up in 2019. They started as Dad Shoes, looking like a New Balance from the 80’s. Now they are so big, you may not need to do leg day at the gym. The Balenciaga Triple S has 6 layers of various materials to make up their sole. I tried them on the other day and yep, they are pretty comfy. See if you can get the pairs made in Italy, some of the newer versions are made elsewhere, for $995, you want em’ made in Italy. Or grab some of your dads old running shoes and add some layers to the bottoms. By Far, the Brand to get is Balenciaga. Note: the newest track version is even bigger than the Triple S! Other’s on the Hot list include: Calvin Klein, Adidas by Raf Simons, Versace, Gucci, Acne. & even New Balance and Fila are refreshing their own act. For the ladies, I’m totally digging the Commes Des Garcons x Nike Cortez. Looks like what Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice would wear if she went on the tour. With Posh not participating, Geri Halliwell/Ginger Spice will probably nab em for the upcoming Spice Girls Tour.
- Ready, Set Tech: Seems like this is another Hot for 2017, happening again in 2018 and 19. Stretchy, comfortable, non Chafing, no Stink, silky smooth Mesh, Bright Out 3M,Velcro,water Repellant, protectant, Lycra, warm or cold weather fabrics. Check out Nike/a Nike collab or: A.P.C, White Mountaineering, Y-3, Acronym, Uniqlo (Heat-Tech), Adidas Alpha Skin Climachill, Black Yack 6 material Hybrid Jacket, Descente or Under Armour Vanish.
Here’s a sneak peak of my latest creation, utilizing the plaid & tech trend features. I’m using silver 3M Material to make these babies pop when the street light lands on you.
What are you seeing for the latest trends in clothes and shoes? Let us know in the comments section. Happy Holidays! See you on the Hawaii…soon to be NYC Streetz!
Off White Spring Summer 2019 Runway Show-Paris, France 6/20/18
The stand up waist jeans with no belt
Ode to Dondi White and the Simpsons
The outfits in the crowd had some nice Off-White exclusives and lots of Ultra Decent Fits
New materials ala 1990’s rave/punk
Some new Docs x Off-White
Music was fun!
Seen in the crowd-New Off-White x Nike Blazers with bright orange Swoosh
New Off-White branding in stylized Script
Very similar to what we’ve been seeing
Not enough of what we want-T’s and Hoodies with Off-White in big bold letters on the back. As soon as any of these go on sale, they sell out very quickly.
Shorts too short
Complex Con-November 4 & 5, 2017
Long Beach, CA-Recap from our Streetzblog on site LIVE correspondent and via Some great Insta-Nabs.
The Hottest street wear brands, designers and Hip-Hop entertainers converged in Long Beach, California November 4 & 5 at Complex Con 2017. Back in the Day, Complex was an up and coming magazine Founded By Marc Ecko. His own clothing brand having hit it’s Apex years earlier, Complex was an under the radar Street and trend mag, I would buy the day it came out. As the internet and social media blew up, the magazine lost it’s pages and the paper it was made on became much thinner.
Fast Forward to 2016 and the first complex Con occurred, some saying that there were 400 VIP tickets sold, the same source told us this year, there were close to 2,000 VIP tickets sold and over 50,000 in attendance! Who needs a magazine? When you can turn your brand into one of the top 3 go to spots for street wear, kicks and tech trends. And put on a Con that attracts the Biggest and Best cultural icon of our time! (BTW: Unofficially, The top 3 are Hypebeast, High Snobiety and Complex).
Complex Con 2017 had everyoone who is anyone in the Street game. DJ Khalid, Pharrell with NERD, M.I.A, Cam’ron, Wiz Khalifa, Skrillex Lil Yachty, DJ Mustard, Kid Cudi from How to make it in America, Maxwell Osborne & Dao-Yi Chow from PSNY, Chris Stamp from STAMPD, Travis Scott, Vince Staples, Action Bronson, Kobe Bryant, Yes Jules, Ben Baller & D’Angelo Russell. Along with the stars of the weekend: Off-White’s Virgil Abloh and Takashi Murakami. Here’s a few pix of the 2 making Sweet Custom T’s on the spot!
Our Streetzblog corespondent traveled from Hawaii to Cali on the sole mission to meet Murakami and buy a couple thousand dollars of his limited edition gear. She succeeded as you can see by this picture, along with an autographed book. (She did say it was a 4-5 hour line to meet him and another 2 hour line to get her things at the end of the day). I told her via text: Looks like it was well worth the trip and time spent in line. BTW: She also stood in the Off-White line, but after another 3 hour wait, missed the Limited Edition Hand screened shirts by about 100 people.
Number One Tip: If you go to Complex Con or another Big event like this. Go to your favorite booth/designer first then have fun at the rest of the event.
If I was there, I would have gone str8t to the PSNY area to make some custom Nike Air Force 1’s. Would have tricked out the special PSNY x Nike AF1 Hi’s. Here’s some pix from the special master class area, where attendees could customize their own AF1’s with PSNY.
Here are some of the Custom Nike AF 1’s made at Complex Con:
The Top left Silver pair was made by Maxwell Osborne from PSNY. Jeff Stamp from *STAMD stopped by and made a pair And check the bottom left with Virgil’s version along with pal: Macklemore. *STAMPD has recently released a collab with Hawaii’s own, Town and Country Surf/T&C Surf. Pretty cool and close to home.
Here are a couple of Sniper Wells from Streetzblog’s latest projects. Fluorescent Painting with matching custom Jordan 21 Kicks!
Our Correspondent scored us some nice pix from the event including Pharell heading up the steps, The Limited Edition Fools Gold Boxes going for $50, some attendees and art from Murakami and NERD. (Thanks Much for getting these and other great pix on today’s post!).
Pharell was looking pretty Swank with his matching bright orange hair & spiked Biker Jacket:
Hope everyone had a good time at Complex Con 2017. And much Mahalo to our special Streetzblog Correspondent for all the great pictures. *All pictures are courtesy Streetzblog Corespondent or from the Live Instagram feeds over the Nov 4 &5 2017 weekend. See you on the Streetz…Blog!
The Hottest Heat on the Street’s in Long Beach November 4 & 5 2017
Complex Con is this weekend in Long Beach, CA. Everyday this week, the web has been flooded with drops so HOT they burn down the House! I can’t believe I am not there. Although, we do have a streetzblog correspondent at the event, we have yet to hear from her as of 8:20pm on Friday Night. If/When she checks in, I’ll post up some Live shots from the biggest Music & Street style event of the decade.
For now, here are some of the HOTTEST Heat, I’ve seen releasing this weekend at Complex Con!
Acronym x Nike AF1, PSNY x Nike AF1, Virgil Abloh x Nike AF1-All white all on fire. Plus maybe, the yellow pair of AF1’s. I nabbed that pic from the PSNY Insta-G live feed.
The shirt at the top of the page is also a must have. It’s a Takashi Murakami x Virgil Abloh, handmade by the two designers.
STAMPD is at the event along with X-Large, Creative Recreation, Adidas Originals, Extra Butter, Fools Gold, Kappa, Nice Kicks and so many more! I don’t have a picture of it, but somewhere I saw a rad reversible camo bomber by Alpha Industries that looks sweet.
For the full list of the marketplace click here. That’s just the Gear, DJ Khaled, M.I.A, NERD, Young Thug, A$AP Ferg, Gucci Mane and many more are performing. Check this link for the latest line-up of entertainers.
If you’re there, have some fun for me, hopefully our correspondent from Hawaii will check in with some more inside Deets. We shall see? See you on the Streetz!
Here’s the latest Sneak-Peek on the Streetzblog Bomber Jacket for December 2017. Starting to look Lit like the ESB! What do you think?
Off White c/o Virgil Abloh Spring Summer Menswear 2018
As I’m on the homestretch to complete my Fall 2017 5 piece collection with 3 done so far, OFF WHITE c/o Virgil Abloh is already showing his Spring/Summer 2018 collection on June 15, 2017.
Below is the video of the Runway show. And listed below are Streetzblog’s Highlights and Lowlights:
- Great Background: The letters literally morph into each other to form abstract sentences. If you watch carefully enought, there are plenty of interesting stories and hidden meanings
- Reflective stripe: Many of the pants have a vertical stripe on the bottom of the pants leg. Very catchy and keeps with the brand image.
- The camouflage collection: Some nice pieces here. Jacket, pants and they had fun with the orange word tag that you see at Raves these days.
- The Kicks: My eye caught some nice white kicks with fluorescent orange accents and a nice pair of black, white and orange hi-tops.
- Orange Accents: On the right hand sleeve, I dig these and what wear.
- The Music: Not nearly as banging as it could be. Pretty much the same sounding operatic music throughout.
- Cluttered clothing: I have enough clutter in my house, I don’t need to wear it on the streetz.
- The Man Midriff: Not one of my favs, but starting to trend pretty hard at the shows & IRL.
- See through White: A bit scary looking, like a hospital or Meat Butcher vibe.
See you on the Streetz!
Off White Goes off the Street
High End Street Wear Brand Off White known for their diagonal/Slant stripes and the word WHITE on the backs of shirts, usually in a Black and White Color-Way. Goes off the path a bit in their latest Fall-Winter 2017 Runway Show.
There are lots of Vans inspired Checks, Flowing/Swaying with the wind clothes, various colored denim and a few nice shirts with the diagonal/slant design and White on back long-sleeved shirts, made out of an exquisite fluffy type of material.
I suspect it was time to shuffle things up a bit. But with all the sold out standard Tees unavailable. I would have gone at least another year of the standard issue Off White branded diagonal stripes with the big WHITE on back shirts and pants. *With all the Sold-Out Off White clothing out there, might be tempted to get a $86 Knock off on Ebay, but the sellers seem a bit sketchy. Sizing is xs-XL and says most shirts fit all. That sounds pretty whackety Whack. So, maybe I’ll never get an Off White Shirt if the trend continues with things like this Runway Show.
We shall see if these looks catch on as HOT as all their other shirts and pants did over the last few years. In NY Dec 2015, Off White was the Biggest brand I noticed in NYC. This Year, Dec, 2016, what I saw most were those super long, most likely very warm, tres expensive Canada Goose jackets in Dark Blue. LInes down the street at their store and people grabbing for them right and left at Bloomies.
- The Long Sleeve Diagonal print with WHITE on back shirts with the fluffy material.
- The Bomber Jacket with the Orange block square pattern.
- The Music: Very spot on with the spoken word, underground Hip-Hop and Jazz, ambient soundtrack. It sounded exactly like 2 restaurants I ate in NY in December 2016. Seems like the world is going toward more of a background underground mix than the blazing EDM and banging industrial of the last couple years.
- The long plaid Men’s Jacket.
- The Vans inspired checkered shirts and pants. Let Vans do Vans. Let Off White do Off White. The limited Edition Chrome Hearts x Off White Tees at Christmas were also Vans inspired. Were a direct take off of their logo. Somethings going on with the 2 companies. Hmm
- The flowing/Swaying materials and vibe. Felt a bit old-fashioned not forward fashion.
- The lack of the standard Diagonal/Slant Designs with the word WHITE on back.
- The funny colored Denim.
- And the leave prints. I can go to Wal-Mart for some Leave imprinted camo for $49 instead of what will most likely be $490.
- Baggy pants. This is a trend I see a lot in menswear. I liked the drop crotch look, I liked the fitted suits, but me, I think I would look funny in baggie pants with wide leg holes. Maybe a 22 year old could pull it off, but I doubt it would work for me.
What do you think of the New Direction of Off White? Feeling it? Or not? Let us know in the comment section.
See you on the Streetz! This week I finally have a Saturday off, so hopefully hitting the beach, sleeping a bit and maybe some Yoga or even Chanting…if I get the courage to go to it.