Rob the original brings Major Hair Flair to the NBA Play-Offs
Rob the Barber’s got it going on with some amazing designs just in time for the NBA Play-Offs. I’m not a big fan of the Heat or the Spurs, but these hair designs are out of this world. Somehow I was lucky enough to stumble upon Rob on my Instagram earlier today, so I could show these pix to you. From what I gather, he uses standard barber clippers and razors for the cut and colored eye liner to make the fun and exciting colors. Here are more Spurs and Heat themed pictures of his designs:
Here is a selection of some the hottest designs from Rob:
And my 3 favorite super-fantastic-amazing color art pieces:
If you want to see more pictures, follow Rob the Master Barber/Artist via ROBTHEORIGINAL on Instagram or @robtheoriginal on Twitter. If you want to get in touch with him or make an appointment, email him here or check out his website at RobTheOriginal What do you think of these hair designs? What design would you choose? LMK in the comments section.
What’s Hot for the Holidays-2013
Streetzblog Hot List-2013
These are just rapid-fire ideas for your shopping pleasure in no particular order. If you’d like some free custom ideas, fill out the form at the bottom of the page. LMK who you are shopping for, Male/Female, relative? age etc and I’ll email you back a personal selection within 48 hours of 5-10 items you can get in various price points. You know I love to shop, so I’m pretty sure I can handle this task pretty well for you. Have a Happy Holiday Season!
1. The Peanut Butter and Jelly Wallet and Hot Dog Pencil Cases: So Colorful and fun! Great Conversation starters. Available at the museum shop at MOMA NYC.
2. Valentino Camurock: Bright Pink, army green, dark brown handbags. Might be pricey, but great vibe for the winter doldrums.
3.Moto Lights’s Plexiglas shade: You gotta’ see this one to really get the right effect. It’s like a car light, a pair of skiing goggles and a light for your house all in one. Comes in a great cobalt blue that reflects whatever else is in your room. And for lazy people like me, you can just plug it right into a light socket, no tools needed. Available for 230 Euro at moustache.fr
4. NBA Christmas Jerseys: Last year they went with the BIG COLOR versions. I picked up the orange on orange Carmelo Jersey. This year, the NBA is opting for the short-sleeve T style Jerseys for Christmas Day. Last year, the special jerseys sold-out. so yo may want to get yours now. I can’t tell if I dig these or not. Might need to see them in person. Available at NBA.COM.
5. The Chillsner: This is an in-bottle drink thru beer chiller. Just put the silver sipper in the freezer for a few days, then insert into a cold bottled beer and drink. A nice replacement for the 1980s Coozie. Available at chillsner.com
6. Area: 1983-1987. Some really great pictures in this book including Andy Warhol, a greenish grey swimming pool in the club w actual people swimming in the “water”, Boy George getting a drink from a uhm..an interesting Statue, JFK Jr. Grace Jones and many other fabulous pictures from this famous club that was only around for 4 years.
7. Golden Metallic Coach Tote: The color of this is just totally awesome, full on goldish bronze metallic. Can be worn as a cross body bag with the optional longer strap. Price seems pretty good too! $268 at Coach.Com
8.Pentax Q7 Camera: These babies come in 120 different color combos! And it’s boasted as the “world’s smallest, lightest interchangeable lens system”. Also great for insta-glammers, it has 19 build in effects. $500 at pentaximaging.com.
9. BeoPlay H6 Headphones: Headphones and Mini Boom Box speakers are Big items this Holiday season. This pair of headphones is for those looking for total comfort. They are specially made in New Zealand using soft supple cowhide leather. Of course being from bang and olufsen they provide a delicious combination of pristine and powerful sound. $399 Available at shopbangandolufsen.com
10. Robert Clergerie and Opening Ceremony Exclusive White Brogue: The low-top brogue seems to be the “IT” shoe for Women this Winter season. Why not get your hands on an exclusive pair? $585 at openingceremony.us
11. Italia Independent Sunglasses: Black rimmed with a nice bright blue, then you turn your head and they turn into blue/green/orange mirrored lenses. Instant Style! $147 at 25park.com
12. Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Gear: Great gifts for Kama’aina and people from all over the world. Choose hats, shirts, posters and more from the three jewels of the Triple Crown. The Reef Hawaiian Pro, The World Cup of Surfing or the Billabong Pipe Masters. Available at VansTripleCrownOfSurfing.com
14.Alexander Wang x Beats by Dre: Exclusive designs of very sleek luxe headphones designed by Alexander Wang in Matte Black and gold-Oh these babies are sweet! The case is also nice in glossy stingray w clip and zipper. Also available the Beats Pill and the Urbeats earbuds. Headphones $499, Pill wireless speaker, $299 Earbudsv$149. Available at an on-line pre-sale event on December 15 at beatsbydre. Then available to everyone on December 16 at beatsbydre.com or alexanderwang.com
15. The Customized Karl Lagerfeld Rolex Watch: This also comes in one of my favorite colors of the season-Matte Black. It’s a limited edition time piece that features the Lagerfeld signature cameo at 7 p.m. his signature at the base and his infamous cameo camouflage on the watch face. A bit pricey but I don’t know a Rolex that’s not. $25,820 at the Karl Lagerfeld flagship boutiques in Paris and Munich.
16.Fendi Buggie: This is a rather strange and expensive bag tag. The Mink or Fox fuzzy charms come with their own personality. Funny, Snobby, Angry, Crazy, and Playful. The Orange haired Buggie I saw looked pretty pissed off, guess he was the angry one. I’ll keep my eyes open in HI, NYC and Chicago to see if I see any on anyones purse. $550 each available at 212-759-4646.
17. iRobotBraava 380t: This is on my Christmas list. At the place I live I don’t have any carpets, just floors. This “Floor Mopping Robot” automatically slips and slides around your home, mopping and sweeping your hard floors. What a perfect gift..And I bet if you have cats, it could be Big fun too! $299.99 Bedbathandbeyond.com.holiday
18. ION Archive Turntable: Get out your old records and get ready to hear them again. Not only will you hear them on the built-in speaker system, you can turn the records into digital music with a simple USB connection. $69.99 bedbathandbeyond.com/holiday
NBA Playoffs start this Weekend!
December 17-30 is my favorite time of year, but my second favorite would be April – June when the NBA Play-Offs happen. I like it best for the NBA Drive to the Finals Game that we play each year. And of course I like it to see the Bulls, Knicks and Lakers and this year Steph Curry from that team in the yellow and blue.
If you want to play Drive to the Finals with us this year, click here and make sure you sign up for the 808Ballers League. It’s lots of fun! Each day you pick one different player to do well in scoring, assists and rebounds. Then you get points. You can only pick a person one time, so you can either save Lebron or use him early..up to you. It’s tons of great fun and really easy to play! *I doubt I would have the patience to play the “real” fantasy leagues for a whole year. But this is E-A-S-Y!
Streetzblog.com’s Top SIX Predictions for the NBA Play-Off’s 2013
- D-Rose will Play in the 2013 NBA Play-Offs! Last weekend I heard my favorite announcer Jeff Van Gundy say that Derrick Rose was playing in full contact scrimmages in practice. And he said he looked like the best player on the court. I take that as the Bulls will use D-Rose as their “Secret Weapon”. They played all season with everyone else to get their confidence up. Now when it really matters, in the 2nd or 3rd game of the Play-Offs they’ll “sneak” Derrick on to the court in the 3rd quarter to bust out 20-30 points. Then rest him until they need him to do it again.That’s what I would do if I was Tom Tib. I just hope the Bulls don’t play the Knicks. Hope it’s Bulls vs Heat in the Eastern Conference finals! *Check the vid out-March 26, 2013, Rose is not lookin’ gimpy at all. Rockin’ the cross over every which way and Loose!
- Steph Curry from GSW will Light it Up: This will be his big coming out party. Curry can shoot the BEST in the entire league, he also has a mean crossover. Watch out World-A new Superstar is arising quickly.
- Bulls vs Thunder in the Finals: With Derrick coming baaack the Bulls will beat the Heat then take on the winner of Golden State vs Oklahoma and the Bulls will defeat the Thunder in 6 games.
- Lebron will get T’d up: When the Bulls play the Heat, Lebron will lose it and get T’d up then probably kicked out of a game or two. *I’m still upset that he didn’t go to the Knicks or the Bulls when he was supposed to. I even made and wore a shirt that said Lebron NYC 2010. BTW: I do like Carmelo better nowadays so it all worked out well.
- Carmelo will average 42 PPG: Yep, He’ll score 40-62 points in each and every Play-Off game. The dude is on Fiaah! In the Zone! Killin’ it! And next to Steph Curry he is the next best shooter in the game!
- Lakers have no chance: After Kobe got hurt the first time, he should have sat down, He didn’t even rest after he got hurt the second time, now he is really gone and out. That last game he played in was a MESS. Phil Jackson would have sat him down to save his health. They say Kobe wouldn’t go out, at that time Kobe wasnt thinking straight either-I could see it in his eyes, he needed to come out of the game! Sux.
James “Flight” White Takes Off from the Free-Throw Line!
Despite D-Wade’s enthusiastic attempt to get Lebron James into the 2013 NBA All-Star Game Dunk contest, he will not be there. At least this year we do have James White from the New York Knicks who sky’s high and has some pretty dope new Kicks made by K1X. I wondered where he got shoes from, they are usually all one solid color and I’ve seen him in both the Orange and the Blue versions.
You can get a pair at Kickz.com..but year’s ago when I bought a pair on the website, the shipping charge was almost as much as the Kicks and I had to go to Kinko’s to fax them a copy of my driver’s licence. It is a site in Germany. but hopefully by now they have worked out the kinks they had back when I bought a pair.
Here’s the Line-Up for this year’s NBA All-Star Dunk Contest. (Better be better than last year, that I think was the worst ever!) And it’s been a few year’s since Nate Robinson and Dwight Howard dueled it out in the best dunk contest since Jordan won a couple of them back in the Late 80’s.
James White (Knicks)
Terrence Ross (Raptors)
Gerald Green (Pacers)
Eric Bledsoe (Clippers) He’s pretty cool!
Kenneth Faried (Nuggets) The guy with “the hair”
Jeremy Evans (Jazz)
And keeping on the MJ50Tip, here’s a quick look at Michael’s notorious Foul-Line Dunk! (courtesy of TNT)
Carmelo M9 x Dave White -Tea For Two-London, England
I was wondering where this year’s fun and exciting Carmelo Anthony Video was just last week. And low and behold, here it is. A bit different from October 2011’s Helicopter jump into the Hudson, but still slick, fun and on point.
I like the 24 Karat Gold Leafe on the stars and the London/NYC Vibe. I just think this may be the first year I pass on the Melo’s. I saw them on-line and wasn’t so sure about them, then went to the store to see them in person. They have a Christmas Ribbon running through holes in the kicks. I seriously don’t get it, I don’t like holes in my shoes and I sure don’t want rubbery Christmas Ribbons holding them together.
I’m hoping they do a Melo M9 Update or The M9.5 minus the holes and ribbons, because the colors are HOT, the marketing is excellent, Melo’s one of my favorite players and last year’s Melo’s were the first Nike’s in years that didn’t hurt my (wide) feet.
Congrats to Melo for breaking the #Knicks franchise record of 30 str8t games with 20+ points. Thanks to Melo for playing against the Nets when I was in NYC and beating them. I was just a tad worried he may not play that day because he hurt is ankle a few days before it. And Carmelo has my vote for MVP for 2013 for his play, the fact that the Knicks are finally winning this year and last, and his excellent shooting..just not this year’s shoes. Good the MVP vote isn’t based on the kicks. What do you think about the Melo 9’s?
Looks like D. Rose is getting pretty healthy. From the looks of this VID, He should be playing before Christmas. Last I heard he wouldn’t be back until April 2013.
At Christmas time I’m debating between seeing the Knicks play the Brooklyn Nets or the Chicago Bulls in NYC. Right now, I’m swaying towards the Nets-should be more celebs in the house. But if Derrick Rose is back, I’d for sure rather see the Bulls vs The Knicks. Does anyone know when he is due back on the court?